Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

On 4/7/2022 at 1:38 AM, the-grey-lady said:

I always thought she was of the naturally prettiest bachelorettes, too. She had such a fresh-faced cuteness...

The craziest transformation was bachlorette jillian. It is sad what these people do to their faces.

• Love 5
On 5/2/2022 at 3:58 PM, nlkm9 said:

The craziest transformation was bachlorette jillian. It is sad what these people do to their faces.

I had to go look up Jillian to see what you were talking about because I nearly forgot about her.  Aww, man, why'd she do that to her face? She looked fine. I thought she was cute and I always liked her down-to-earth vibe as Bachelorette. Damn shame. 

Society is hard on women and some internalize it and over do it. 

6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I had to go look up Jillian to see what you were talking about because I nearly forgot about her.  Aww, man, why'd she do that to her face? She looked fine. I thought she was cute and I always liked her down-to-earth vibe as Bachelorette. Damn shame. 

yes its so sad. some of them are so naturally pretty and screw themselves , even becca , the finalist on chris soules season messed herself up. sad.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

yes its so sad. some of them are so naturally pretty and screw themselves , even becca , the finalist on chris soules season messed herself up. sad.

11 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I think Jillian is still so cute and natural! It’s the other girls that are morphing into each other with their big lips and hair extensions that freak me out.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Ynicknan said:

I think Jillian is still so cute and natural! It’s the other girls that are morphing into each other with their big lips and hair extensions that freak me out.

I honestly did not recognize her, she had like a jennifer grey transformation. Yeah and the spider lashes folks like to wear, i always thought makeup was to enhance not overdo.

• Love 4
On 4/17/2022 at 9:42 PM, phlebas said:

Always Be Cam from Hannah's season just posted that he's got an above-the-knee amputation coming up.

Don't have a lot of details.  Just saw it on Reddit.

According to this, he has lymphedema, and he had been close to having an amputation once before.  How sad.

https://www.bustle.com/p/what-has-cam-been-doing-since-hannahs-bachelorette-season-hes-dedicated-to-a-great-cause-18544215

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Not saying I blame her, but she spewed a lot of word salad to basically say she wants to make more money and extend her 15 minutes.

Her whole identity was “teacher”…she is trying to justify the change instead of just saying she’s ready for a break and something new.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Her whole identity was “teacher”…she is trying to justify the change instead of just saying she’s ready for a break and something new.  

It’s a shame because it is definitely part of her identity. She now has a platform where she could advocate for schools and education.

• Love 2

Bachelor/ette is reverting back to the old days: meatball enthusiast, a twin, the other twin. And for some reason Hayden and Roby give me villain vibes, but they probably will be the nicest guys there.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I bet when the rumors came out it was true, they just wanted to announce themselves.

So happy for Jojo and Jordan.

Wonder if they had to give back the house deposit?

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I bet when the rumors came out it was true, they just wanted to announce themselves.

So happy for Jojo and Jordan.

Another one bites the dust. Didn't even make it a year. Can't say I'm surprised, though. 

• Love 2

I am rarely shocked when people break up. But I did think Michelle & Nayte would be one of the couples with staying power, I admit it.

I always say, the day after any season's ATFR is when the real fun starts. Counting down to when they break up.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Thats right! I think I’m confusing my shows here 😩

Actually I think you're on to something.  Instead of a final rose, they should bring in a justice of the peace and marry them right then and there (it would be really entertaining as the bachelor/bachelorette would have just sent the other finalist home and then marry the "lucky" winner [well, entertaining to me...]).

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Actually I think you're on to something.  Instead of a final rose, they should bring in a justice of the peace and marry them right then and there (it would be really entertaining as the bachelor/bachelorette would have just sent the other finalist home and then marry the "lucky" winner [well, entertaining to me...]).

90-second fiance'

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
On 6/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, seacliffsal said:

does anyone remember brad and emilys aftr--he said their plan was to marry at that actual show. that was pretty crazy, but who knows???

• Love 2

Michelle says she didn’t see the breakup with Nayte coming.  She also speculates what she’ll be doing with her half of the $200,000 ABC provided for a down payment on a house, however, due to my extensive knowledge of the law based on watching Judge Judy, that money was a gift with a condition …it was for a down payment…she might have to give it back.  
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/michelle-young-addresses-nayte-olukoya-split-200k-down-payment-gift/

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, DEL901 said:

Wonder if they had to give back the house deposit?

I had the same thought!
For some reason I'm not surprised they broke up. I did not really care for Nayte and thought there was something insincere about him. I think she might have been better off with her other top 3 guy whose name is escaping me (not the basketball player who allegedly had creepy stories reported about him.) She had good chemistry with the third one - the one she took back to her house for a pool date. And he seemed genuinely interested in her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 6/8/2022 at 8:47 AM, Lamb18 said:

Bachelor/ette is reverting back to the old days: meatball enthusiast, a twin, the other twin. And for some reason Hayden and Roby give me villain vibes, but they probably will be the nicest guys there.

Just took a quick look at the 32 men and there are a lot that look alike...more than usual. I think it's the hair styles? I'll never be able to follow what's going on without referring to their photos the first few episodes!

Also just read an article where Jesse was basically quoted saying the 2 leads ran the show themselves making up the rules as they went along. I like the idea of them navigating a two-lead season on the fly but I hope the show has some structure and is not a sloppy mess.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Melonie77 said:

I did not really care for Nayte and thought there was something insincere about him.

THIS!!!!1000 times!!! I never bought for a minute that he was in love with Michelle. She's really a catch. I hope she finds someone worthy of her.

• Love 4
On 7/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Melonie77 said:

I think she might have been better off with her other top 3 guy whose name is escaping me (not the basketball player who allegedly had creepy stories reported about him.) She had good chemistry with the third one - the one she took back to her house for a pool date. And he seemed genuinely interested in her.

Brandon, the travel nurse. He did seem very interested in her, if a bit young. But I did get a sincere vibe from him.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Brandon, the travel nurse. He did seem very interested in her, if a bit young. But I did get a sincere vibe from him.

He is on BiP this season.  

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes Brandon is the one I was referring to! He's a nice looking guy and seemed like a sweetheart too.

8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He is on BiP this season.  

I'll look forward to seeing him on BIP. I haven't checked the latest on that show. Heading to that forum now to hopefully find out who else will be in Mexico!

• Love 1
On 7/10/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

He was a sweetie and I hope he stays that way. I think he’s a traveling nurse recruiter and not a nurse if I remember correctly. 

I don't have high hopes after former season favorites like Brendan and Ivan crashed and burned on BiP. That beach is where positive edits go to die.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I don't have high hopes after former season favorites like Brendan and Ivan crashed and burned on BiP. That beach is where positive edits go to die.

Blake Horstmann's ears are burning.

Interesting how it's mostly the guys who torpedo their own reps.  I haven't seen all the BiP seasons, but how many women have really tanked their images?  Kristina Schulman is the only one I can think of.  Everyone else mostly stayed the same, rep-wise.

Edited by phlebas
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Blake Horstmann's ears are burning.

Interesting how it's mostly the guys who torpedo their own reps.  I haven't seen all the BiP seasons, but how many women have really tanked their images?  Kristina Schulman is the only one I can think of.  Everyone else mostly stayed the same, rep-wise.

I think it's mostly the girls involved with some of the male rep-torpedo-ers. Off the top, I'm thinking of Brendan's girl (whose name I have forgotten altogether, ironic given that their storyline was primarily about how popular they were going to get on Instagram) and this girl Samantha,* who dated a relative non-entity-on-his-season who became public enemy #1 for stringing along a poor single mom whose husband had killed himself. That was a bad look for him.

*I feel the need to explain that the only reason I remember this one is that Hulu defaults to this season of BiP every single time another show ends, I don't know why this is the go-to "next up" in my device, but sometimes I can't find the remote and this season plays out a bit again. Otherwise, these 2 probably wouldn't have left a last impression.

• Love 2