Type keyword(s) to search

Super(girl) Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/melissa-benoist-grant-gustin-supergirl-cw-1201778858/

Melissa and Mehcad and a few other speaking about Supergirl now being on the CW. 

Melissa is not quite accurate stating the shows are in the same universe (maybe she just meant on the same network) but I expect that will be corrected as fast as possible. But I like what she said about feeling like "the shoe fits better" on the CW. 

Mehcad is probably a bit too optimistic about the 10 million viewers coming over to watch the show on the CW. Extremely stiff competition next year with Big Bang Theory now moving to Monday at 8 on CBS. Yikes! Not to mention Gotham, DWTS, and The Voice that it will also have to compete with. 

I'm interested to see how the chemistry goes with the Supergirl cast and the rest of the Flarrowverse shows. Those casts are so chummy because they all work together frequently, go to conventions together, and live in Vancouver together. Melissa kind of feels like the "new girl" at school. I wonder how well she will fit into the mix when they crossover. She and Grant of course worked great together so it will be interesting to see how it goes with EVERYONE else. lol. 

• Love 3
(edited)

They needed a way to have this show reach a really wide-ranging audience on CBS. Now that it's on the CW, I think they will have more of a cult audience who is more familiar with the comics, or at the very least the CW "Berlanti-verse". Basically what I'm getting at is I don't think the show will need to generalize supergirl's story to be a "female version of superman" as much as I felt like they did when it was CBS. So keeping a character because he's recognizable to Superman's universe may not be as important.

I think with cult audience, it will be even more important for the show to be like  a "superman" mythos show. I would think it will become less like a CBS sitcom and more of a comic book show. Jimmy & Kara did have their own relationship independent of superman, in the comics.   One thing  I hope they scrap is superman himself, Supergirl will have plenty of superheroes to team up with on the CW. Despite the shared universe, a show like Flash  is still expected to borrow a lot from its comic mythology. Arrow has more freedom but still falls back to its comic roots. 

I think it's amusing that someone (openly calling themselves "petty") managed to claim the Twitter handles @CWSupergirl and @CW_Supergirl.

Urgh,  should be forced off those handles

Sounds to me like Calista may drop to reoccurring and they just don't want to give too many details as that's a big blow for the show imo. I think she will still be around but a very limited amount.  

I for one think Cat works better in small doses. I think this will naturally work in favour of the show Imo. The season ended with Kara not being Cat's PA anymore and finally gaining her respect, seems to me like they were setting up to reduce Cat's role anyway. Seems to me most lose ends were tied.

Edited by WildcardC

The problem with bringing Supergirl to Earth-1 on a permanent basis is that many of the things that drive plots on Arrow would be easy cleanups for a Kryptonian. They can handwave her away sometimes, but that wouldn't hold up for a full season arc. So I have a hunch that the folks in National City will be staying on Earth-K for a while yet, except for occasional crossovers.

So far as the "cult audience" goes, I think a lot of the audience they had will follow, and probably at the same pacing (live, live+3, etc.) Some will have to go to streaming because they don't get the CW, and maybe a few will prefer TBBT live, but I think most people who really liked the show will know how to find it so long as the network doesn't make them change it.

• Love 3

Sounds to me like Calista may drop to reoccurring and they just don't want to give too many details as that's a big blow for the show imo. I think she will still be around but a very limited amount.  

I for one think Cat works better in small doses. I think this will naturally work in favour of the show Imo. The season ended with Kara not being Cat's PA anymore and finally gaining her respect, seems to me like they were setting up to reduce Cat's role anyway. Seems to me most lose ends were tied.

She can be like Alan Brady, Rob Petrie's boss on the Dick Van Dyke Show. You'll see her occasionally, probably in an episode where she's important to the plot, but most of the time there'll be an intermediary. A "Mel Cooley".

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

The problem with bringing Supergirl to Earth-1 on a permanent basis is that many of the things that drive plots on Arrow would be easy cleanups for a Kryptonian. They can handwave her away sometimes, but that wouldn't hold up for a full season arc. So I have a hunch that the folks in National City will be staying on Earth-K for a while yet, except for occasional crossovers.

Meh, you could also say a lot of Arrow's plots could be easily be handled by the Flash and that Kara's problems could be handled by team-ups with Superman.  It really is no different than the actual comics where all the heroes are in the same universe, but yet most of the time in their own books they deal with their own sometimes life, city, and world threatening issues without the aid of more powerful allies.   So I see no reason why if they want to they can't just crisis everything together (just as long as Superman himself somehow gets left behind in another universe since they can't actually ever do anything productive with him.  *Unless the new people in charge of DC movies are not such major hard a$$es about TV using alternate versions of characters that appeared in movies like the previous regime?*)

Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 1
(edited)

Personally, I think potentially losing CF as a regular is huge. imo Cat's one of the few things the show got really right in the first season, and CF is giving the show's best performance. If she's not going to be around much, my interest in S2 lessens considerably.

So far as the "cult audience" goes, I think a lot of the audience they had will follow, and probably at the same pacing (live, live+3, etc.) Some will have to go to streaming because they don't get the CW, and maybe a few will prefer TBBT live, but I think most people who really liked the show will know how to find it so long as the network doesn't make them change it.

But the question is, how many viewers did the show have because the people watching really liked it, and how many were casual viewers who always watch CBS at night or who like Scorpion and turned the channel on early? I doubt that everyone who watched this season are hardcore fans. And a lot of those casual fans will be lose to the channel change (as amazing as it might seem that people could not know about it, some will miss it).

I think the best Supergirl can hope for is about Flash-level ratings: a 1.4 demo average (1.6 high/1.1 low) and 3.5 million total viewers. Supergirl was basically averaging a 1.3 at the end of the season anyway, and aside from the crossover ep didn't go above a 1.6 after 1x13 (in fact only half the episodes were a 1.6 or higher). In terms of total viewership, Supergirl was also down to about 6 million by the end, so losing half, maybe a little less, seems about right. But honestly, I think the CW would be thrilled if this show did Flash numbers. Hell, they'd be quite satisfied if it pulls Arrow numbers.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 3

If less Cat means more lovey-dovey sister scenes, I'll be disappointed. Count me as one that grew tired of those scenes by season's end. There are only so many times Alex and Kara can profess their sisterly love to each other before I start to roll my eyes. It became overkill for me. I personally preferred Kara's relationship with Cat much more. 

I suspect with less Cat, that will allow James to step in and have more of a prominent role besides being the love interest. I think he was probably intended to be the mentor/advice giver/pep-talker in the beginning, but that role was shifted to Cat as the season went along. 

As for ratings, somewhere between a 0.6 and 1.1 is what I'm predicting. That Monday night time slot is so tough!!

(edited)

Jeremy just did a takeover of CW's Instagram behind the scenes at their promo photo shoot for CW. It was him, Mehcad, Melissa, and Chyler. He noted that they were missing David and Calista.

Edited by Katydid
Spelling
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katydid said:

Jeremy just did a takeover of CW's Instagram behind the scenes at their promo photo shoot for CW. It was him, Mehcad, Melissa, and Chyler. He noted that they were missing David and Calista.

I wouldn't draw any firm conclusions that that though. Maybe at worst that agreements haven't been reached, but it also might be an issue of availability. 

And... in the case David Harewood all you have to do is look at his Twitter feed today. He answers questions about his move to Canada and what he's doing to prep for it, and how he's looking forward to potential crossover episodes. You can get much more direct than that.

Here... (and then click on the date stamp there, so you can see all of the responses):

Edited by Kromm
On 5/19/2016 at 8:12 PM, Kendra said:

Mehcad is probably a bit too optimistic about the 10 million viewers coming over to watch the show on the CW. Extremely stiff competition next year with Big Bang Theory now moving to Monday at 8 on CBS. Yikes! Not to mention Gotham, DWTS, and The Voice that it will also have to compete with.

Well, Big Bang Theory is only on Mondays until late October, then it'll move back to Thursdays for the rest of the season and be replaced with the new Kevin James sitcom and another new sitcom at 8:30.

CW usually holds their premiers back until October anyway, so Supergirl will probably only be up against BBT for 2 or 3 weeks.

• Love 2

DVD/Blu-ray info :

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases Supergirl: The Complete First Season on Blu-ray and DVD on August 9, 2016

BLU-RAY & DVD FEATURES:

2015 Comic-Con Panel: Warner Bros. Television Presents a Night of DC Entertainment at Comic-Con 2015: Supergirl

The Man From Mars: Superman once described J'onn J'onzz as "the most powerful being on the face of the Earth." This documentary will explore J'onn J'onzz's current circumstances on Supergirl as the alien who swore an oath to a dying father to protect his daughters.

A World Left Behind: Krypton: Kara Zor-El's home planet of Krypton was destroyed in the opening minutes of the pilot. It was a spectacular, futuristic society filled with mystery and intrigue! This documentary will explore the history of this famous planet and its role and depiction in Supergirl.

Gag Reel

Deleted Scenes

• Love 2

I guarantee you that if people like the guy they choose, there's going to be huge demand for him to have his own show. Especially because in a way it would work to correct the current movie version of him, which really shits all over the character of Superman, which you know if you're a fan (and I am, he's my favorite superhero).

I'd totally be there. Interestingly, Superman has always worked on TV, from the George Reeves show to Lois & Clark, to Smallville.

I'm curious to know if they're merging Supergirl's earth or not. Is the rest of the Flarrowverse going to become aware of Superman now?

• Love 1

If they're going to have Superman, I'd at least want him to appear in costume, so that lets Tom Welling out.  I also want him (and Melissa) to get to play scenes with Brandon Routh.

3 hours ago, madhacker said:

ok since the they're finally let us see Superman next season I'm thinking Matt Bomer should finally play him, since he was the runner up for Superman Returns (and if you  have any doubts check out this link of him in a Japan commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRCVDecT3k  

Either him, Tom Welling (but good luck with that) or a complete unknown (hey it's working for Marvel, like Tom Holland for example)

I've always wanted Matt to play a live action Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson,  but I'll totally take him as Clark.  Just get me more Matt on my tv please. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

If they're going to have Superman, I'd at least want him to appear in costume, so that lets Tom Welling out.  I also want him (and Melissa) to get to play scenes with Brandon Routh.

I'm the opposite; I only want to see him appear as Clark Kent. And would love to have Welling if he's willing. In any case, I think they'd want to go for a 'name' actor, maybe someone already associated with Superman or other DC properties.

Just now, Trini said:

I'm the opposite; I only want to see him appear as Clark Kent. And would love to have Welling if he's willing. In any case, I think they'd want to go for a 'name' actor, maybe someone already associated with Superman or other DC properties.

Why?

I mean a name actor?  Maybe. But I think there's actually no good reason to recycle another Superman actor. 

I suppose the one trick they could try, if there's been a TOTAL 180 degree policy change from the WB camp, might be to somehow use Henry Cavill. Whaaaa? You might be saying.... why?  Well think about it. It could be used as a way to "prove" the death of the Zack Snyder Grim N' Gritty Bullshit. Have Cavill show up as an alternate version of Earth-Synder's guy, but this version doesn't walk around like a glowering, moody asshole. Quickly paint a version that's super-positive--the guy we're used to and not the guy we've gotten in films for years now--and then they can back-spin the Synderverse version as one where everything went wrong. This version espouses right off to Kara that killing enemies is too easy for power like the Kryptonians have and that there's always another better way. This version gets cheered by normal citizens instead of just by crazies and we get to see it. He rescues cats up trees and gets thanked. Nobody is shown being afraid of him. 

The problem is that this won't happen. Not only are the movie folks too stubborn to LET it happen, but people will be clamoring for the casting info on this version so far in advance they'd lose any possible advantages to the surprising choice (nobody could SEE the version he'd be doing until after the summer, after all, while knowing he was doing it and likely grumbling about it all that time). 

So...

I dunno. I mean technically Cavill's version is too young for this anyway. If Kara here is mid-20s, then Supes actually IS more like Welling's (current) age. Perhaps that might be the one good reason to use him--no other Superman actor is in the right pocket. So if you ARE going to cross pollinate he's the one who'd look right.

Frankly the character I'm more interested in seeing is Lois Lane. But no word yet if we're going to. I almost think they may hold her back until later in the season to make her showing up it's own event. I suppose in the unlikely case Welling is Clark, then Erica Durance as Lois would be no surprise. She's the lead actress on another show currently, but it's a Canadian show so I'm sure things could be worked out.

• Love 1

I'd take TW but a big HEL NO to Erica Durance showing up as Lois.  I can't.  I just can't.  Smallville clearly takes place in a completely separate universe (since their Supergirl was an evil offspring of brainiac on this Supergirl not to mention that Smallville's version of Vandal Savage plays ALex's father and Clark's Kryptonian mom plays Kara's adoptive mom)

What I think would be hilarious is if Brandon Routh actually did play Superman on Supergirl.  Then when the big crossovers happen Kara can be completely baffled to run into his look alike.  Are you sure you can't fly?  Oh, I can fly - here's my supersuit!  Plus dude is right there in town.  On their payroll.   

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I guarantee you that if people like the guy they choose, there's going to be huge demand for him to have his own show. Especially because in a way it would work to correct the current movie version of him, which really shits all over the character of Superman, which you know if you're a fan (and I am, he's my favorite superhero).

I'd totally be there. Interestingly, Superman has always worked on TV, from the George Reeves show to Lois & Clark, to Smallville.

I'm curious to know if they're merging Supergirl's earth or not. Is the rest of the Flarrowverse going to become aware of Superman now?

The reason I'm not concerned about there being a big demand for him to have his own series is that unless they made a Superman show that went back and told his story from 13 years ago, they wouldn't have a good story to tell.  In the Supergirl timeline, Clark is well settled in his life.  He's established as Superman, he's established at the Daily Planet, he's with Lois.  That's not a good jumping off point for storytelling.  Not unless they radically changed his life.

Now actually I'd be interested to see a take on what happens in his life if something happened and suddenly there was no Lois and there was no Planet.  What would he do if he had to start his life over?  But that's super AU and I can't say there's much of a market for that.  I'm good with exploring something that veers from the mythos because I am comfortable with there being lots of different versions of the story. 

I loved Lois & Clark.  Enjoyed the Christopher Reeve movies, tolerated Superman Returns.  Liked Man of Steel ok. Watched ten years of Smallville but HATED Lois ( getting Chloe balanced things out).  I'm perfectly fine with all of them concurrently existing so I'd be fine if hey took Clark and basically imploded his comic book life and did something new, kind of like what they did with Oliver Queen on Arrow,  in which case they could make a very interesting story that would fit into the current Supergirl time line...but again, I doubt they would. 

The reality is the special effects for Supergirl are really expensive.  The CW can't afford another flying alien show.  (I'm not sure they can afford Supergirl) I don't think there is any reason to worry about a new Supes show any time soon.  Especially with DC trying to launch it's movie universe.  They aren't going to let TV play with their big moneymakers too much. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I just thought of another actor that would also be an awesome Clark/Superman: Jamie Bamber (famously known as Lee "Apollo" Adama from  Battlestar Galactica). We haven't seen him on TV for quite awhile now and he'd look great in the costume.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, madhacker said:

I just thought of another actor that would also be an awesome Clark/Superman: Jamie Bamber (famously known as Lee "Apollo" Adama from  Battlestar Galactica). We haven't seen him on TV for quite awhile now and he'd look great in the costume.

Well he'd be like... the 20th British actor playing an American Superhero... so... sure. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

I mean a name actor?  Maybe. But I think there's actually no good reason to recycle another Superman actor. 

Aw, come on, @Kromm, DC is all about the stuntcasting and references to its extended universe!

The Superman suit would probably be less embarrassing than a fatsuit.

tumblr_m6la44OBKg1qbrt0o.gif

• Love 1

I wasn't sure whether to post about this since it's not directly related to the show, but Jeremy is trying to rescue his young cousin from a very bad situation, and he's asking for help getting the word out.  The story seems to be picking up some steam in the media over the past couple of days. Here's one article that includes a link to the GoFundMe in case anyone would like to help. 

http://www.justjared.com/2016/06/06/jeremy-jordan-is-trying-to-save-his-cousin-sent-to-pray-away-the-gay-facility/

(edited)
19 minutes ago, xaxat said:

One of Melissa's stunt doubles beat the American Ninja Warrior qualifying course.

Jessie Graff? 

It's not even the first time she's done that. She did it last year too.

She's also been known to dress like a chicken.  Both on Ninja Warrior and off (seriously... click on that, it's impressive).

Also. she can do this:

Jjump5M.jpg?format=750w

Edited by Kromm

So, first off, I'd be fine with Matt Bomer, Tom Welling, or Brandon Routh as Superman. Hey, in a multiverse, it's totally possible for Brandon to be both Ray Palmer and somehow Superman. It would just really be hilarious for Ray to run into Superman and be dumbfounded, jealous yet fascinated.

Also, new casting news for two new series regular and other roles.

Casting includes a Lena Luthor, a Cat Grant enemy named Nick, some woman named The Doctor, a new journalist working for Cat, and a lesbian detective that deals with 'metahumans and alien threats'. By the phrasing of metahumans, it sounds like there's a strong possibility of Supergirl maybe merging with the Flarrowverse after all. 

As for the other casting, none of them sound entirely interesting. I've never read the comics so any characters that are from the comics are lost on me. I don't quite know why we need two new series regular roles. We already have six series regulars. But maybe that's me thinking that eight series regulars are going to sideline some characters, such as Alex or J'onn. 

Maggie from the description is probably Maggie Sawyer, who is a Superman supporting character.  Snapper Carr is the one-time Justice League's teen sidekick, though I'm not clear why you'd reuse the name for an old-school reporter. 

Wow! Five new characters is a lot. My guess is Lucy and Max are out and Nick and Lena will serve as their "replacements." I'm also really suspicious that Cat's role will be heavily diminished and they are trying to compensate by adding quite a few new people. I think this show could have a TOTALLY different look and feel in season 2

My early predications include: a love triangle between James/Kara/Nick, Lena taking Kara's old position at Catco, Alex/Maggie romance and The Doctor is the new season long big bad. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Kendra said:

My early predications include: a love triangle between James/Kara/Nick, Lena taking Kara's old position at Catco, Alex/Maggie romance and The Doctor is the new season long big bad. 

In order, my reactions to these are: God I hope not (particularly since I don't want them to make Kara like a-holes), likely (I have a hunch TPTB liked the dynamic they had with Kara and Siobhan pre-Banshee), doubtful since Alex has been said to like guys (I think Maggie will have an off-screen relationship similar to the precinct captain on Flash), and almost definitely.

I've seen speculation that Cadmus could be making Jeremiah into Cyborg Superman. I really hope that's not the case, and have to point out that the real Hank Henshaw fell off a high cliff and we didn't see a body.... perfect recipe for cyborgification IMHO ;) .

(edited)

Crap; that does sound like Max Lord is not coming back. (Or at least not nearly as often.) And Snapper(really?) might replace Cat's role. Bummer. Not Sure how I feel about an actual Luthor joining the cast; and I hope they think of something better than "science police" by the premiere.

ETA: On the other hand, I'm glad they are still committed to showcasing female characters on the show.

Edited by Trini

It's actually rather fitting that Lena Luthor is showing up, as she was one of Kara's closest friends in the Silver Age (despite being the younger sister of Lex Luthor, although Lena didn't know that at the time after the automobile accident that killed her parents gave her amnesia).  I just wonder whether that version, who was also a powerful telepath, will show up, or whether the post-Crisis version (who was not only not a telepath, but also Lex's daughter, not his younger sister) will.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, DavidJSnyder said:

Maggie from the description is probably Maggie Sawyer, who is a Superman supporting character. 

Cameron Chase popped up in Season1, and now we're getting Maggie Sawyer?  I know this show is called Supergirl but....  #katekane2017 

My hunch is that Gotham has a wide-ranging lock on pretty much anyone connected to the Bat-family, so I doubt even Kate Kane is going to be allowed to show up on the other shows.

(edited)
16 hours ago, DavidJSnyder said:

Maggie from the description is probably Maggie Sawyer, who is a Superman supporting character.  Snapper Carr is the one-time Justice League's teen sidekick, though I'm not clear why you'd reuse the name for an old-school reporter. 

If it's the "Science Police" it's not even a maybe. In the comics Maggie was with the Metropolis SCU, which had this exact mission, but of course we're not in Metropolis in this, and the Science Police is what replaced the SCU in those books. Sawyer may have been gone by the time that happened (I really don't recall), but even if so, this would simply a merging the two similar things together. 

Even her being a lesbian is canon, although I'm sure it seems weird that DC repeated the theme of female cops being lesbian with Renee Montoya. Sawyer was also part of the CADMUS storylines too (which seems pretty relevant here).  

As for Snapper Carr...  he's this bizarre character who eventually got made into filling the same kind of role in DC comics as Rick Jones does with Marvel. This "normal" guy they kept plugging into different situations. I can't see how making him older works at all. I mean it's not like he was a sidekick/mascot for the JSA.... it was for the JLA. If it had been the JSA, they could have spun this as the JSA being some secret undercover group of heroes from long ago who became urban legend, and Snapper is the legacy of that somehow. But it sounds like they just thought "Snapper Carr" sounded like a name some old grizzled guy would have, and rolled with that.

Lena Luthor is fine with me, although I guess they ditched the "Lutessa" part from Smallville. Oddly enough Lena has at times been Lex's DAUGHTER rather than his sister. It's varied. 

"Nick Farrow" just sounds like one more boring guy character the show is building a romance with. Ick. I'm not aware of any previous use of the name in DC history.

Edited by Kromm

Maggie Sawyer, The Doctor, and Lena Luthor sound somewhat intriguing. Snapper Carr is a "meh" that is clearly a Cat replacement because CF doesn't want to be on the show full time, so I'll reserve judgment until I see him.

Nick Farrow sounds utterly dreadful. He has "CW-mandated bad boy" stamped all over him. And did they really think the audience was clamoring another love triangle??? Vomit.

I'm just hoping that none of the characters take screen time away from Alex and J'onn, or I might be done. I am not liking what we've heard about S2.

2 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Maggie Sawyer, The Doctor, and Lena Luthor sound somewhat intriguing. Snapper Carr is a "meh" that is clearly a Cat replacement because CF doesn't want to be on the show full time, so I'll reserve judgment until I see him.

Nick Farrow sounds utterly dreadful. He has "CW-mandated bad boy" stamped all over him. And did they really think the audience was clamoring another love triangle??? Vomit.

I'm just hoping that none of the characters take screen time away from Alex and J'onn, or I might be done. I am not liking what we've heard about S2.

Even Nick Farrow's NAME sounds generic. 

I honestly don't get why most of us on this side of the keyboards have a Spidey-Sense about stuff like this, but the same information (the same generic names, the same plug by numbers character backstories) don't seem to EVER ring an alarm for people on the actual damn shows.

Could he wind up being great?  Sure. But I'm heading into it being massively skeptical just because I can't sense anything about the IDEA of him that the show needed, even if his name didn't also sound like it came from some "Cool Dude" character generation computer program.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

As for Snapper Carr...  he's this bizarre character who eventually got made into filling the same kind of role in DC comics as Rick Jones does with Marvel. This "normal" guy they kept plugging into different situations. I can't see how making him older works at all. I mean it's not like he was a sidekick/mascot for the JSA.... it was for the JLA. If it had been the JSA, they could have spun this as the JSA being some secret undercover group of heroes from long ago who became urban legend, and Snapper is the legacy of that somehow. But it sounds like they just thought "Snapper Carr" sounded like a name some old grizzled guy would have, and rolled with that.

In the DCAU they turned Snapper Carr into an older TV news reporter (probably somewhere around Clark's age) that was on the scene reporting live at pretty much every major catastrophic event.   It sounds to me like the Supergirl version of Snapper may be based on the likes of that version of the character.

Lena Luthor is fine with me, although I guess they ditched the "Lutessa" part from Smallville. Oddly enough Lena has at times been Lex's DAUGHTER rather than his sister. It's varied.

Lena Luthor makes sense as being his sister since I believe that version of the character was a supporting character for Supergirl in her stories back in the Silver Age?   They were actually good friends for awhile I think.  Hopefully they will go with something closer to that version of the character rather than just making her blatantly evil manipulative B because she is a Luthor. (On a different note wonder if they would give her mild psychic powers like she had back then?)  

Edited by Xenith22
1 minute ago, Xenith22 said:

In the DCAU they turned Snapper Carr into an older TV news reporter (probably somewhere around Clark's age) that was on the scene reporting live at pretty much every major catastrophic event.   It sounds to me like the Supergirl version of Snapper may be based on the likes of that version of the character.

Hmm. I guess I forgot about that version. Can't have been THAT memorable I suppose. That said, anything DCAU usually is a decent excuse to reuse it (even Martian Manhunter being black in his human guise comes from that).