Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Dani:

Wedding vows - she didn't even let him get the words out! Officiant "...so long as you both shall - " Dani: "Yes!"

Cake cutting  - Dani said:  "Don't shove that cake in my face!" *giggle giggle*

Dani meant: "Please!! Please put cake in my face so I can have part of the fantasy!"

Mo:

Cracked up with his Ramadan excuse for no kissing. Smooth, man, smooth. Ironically I was reading last week's thread at the time and someone posted that he'd find a way to get out of kissing her - nailed it! He did look very nice; he's a good looking dude when you can't see the manboobs.

Amy:

That one SIL seems really cool with Amy, she's the one they always show talking to her and she seems to have a very good natural rapport with her - I think her name is Heather? She seems like she's going to be a really good friend to Amy. Good...

• Love 3

So, I actually appreciated Jason's "so funny I forgot to laugh" comment because it showed some personality. All season I have struggled to get a read on him, and when he threw out that dated joke, I was finally like, "ohhhh, you're THAT guy." And then the scarf he is wearing in the scene-opening photo of him and Cassia made total sense.

Daya has the force of someone who is not going to take shit from anyone, but she just isn't that person... She's far more passive than she seems. I wanted her to confront Mama Brett when she overheard her talking to Brett, but she stayed in her room, just needing space from the situation. IIRC she didn't challenge Brett's racist BFF either at that awkward BBQ. Cassia, on the other hand, would likely have gone off on both women.

Also, Brett, I get that you need to work this out with your mom, but in addition to not having the conversation within earshot of your fiancée, maybe don't have it in the same room as your daughter, who is certainly old enough to understand.

• Love 2

"I am so glad that I no longer have to hear another "SEX" joke or line from Danny's family"

Are you kidding? They are going to mention it as least 6 times in the next episode about what a man he is.

Sex torch.... wow.

This might be the greatest show ever, they should constantly be filming so that they are ready with a new season right away.

• Love 3

it is a huge, suffocating responsibility for young girls who should be focusing on the SATs, possibly applying to college

Well, to be fair (and horrible), I feel pretty confident that those girls are not going to college. The only one I have any hope for is purple hair Faith. The other ones look...simple. Like their mother. I would be extremely surprised if their SAT score is at the top of their priority list, even if their mother's sham of a relationship wasn't taking place.

• Love 8

As others have noted, Jason is scary scary scary! I said last week that I thought we would find out he's a serial killer, and I was sorta kidding. But now, I really am afraid. Drunk, his true colors came out. The way he mocked Cassia and cruelly mimicked her, I flashed on someone who has a real hatred of women. Clearly, from his stepmother's remarks, he hasn't had much luck with them. And that he lives the bachelor life with Pops...shudder!  I'm afraid we'll find bodies buried under the slimy pool. Run Cassia run!

• Love 3

Mohamed: "When I see Danielle in her wedding dress, I have strange feelings."

Me: "It's called nausea."

totally forgot about that one!!! I know when english is not your first language it's hard to find the right words... but that spoke on many different levels.

• Love 3

Go Cassia when she called the idiot brother out on his green card "joke"! Color me confused as well about the pretty, intelligent and well spoken sister. How'd she get in that mix?

I can only guess the sister has a different mom, and was raised by her alone. Or she just managed to fight against her ridiculous family as many do, and only subjects herself to them on holidays, weddings and funerals. Guess we may find out more when Jason and his dad get featured in a Hoarding: Buried Alive crossover and she comes in as the family member who hasn't set foot in her dad's house in 8 years.

• Love 6

Guess we may find out more when Jason and his dad get featured in a Hoarding: Buried Alive crossover and she comes in as the family member who hasn't set foot in her dad's house in 8 years.

This made me laugh me hard , then shift uncomfortably in my chair. I honestly fear that part of Jason's motivation for *ahem* attracting Cassia is to have someone in that house who isn't extrernalizing inner angst through outer random piles of crap and troublingly neglected cleanliness. 

• Love 1

I am so confused by Dani's apartment. When they show some shots of it, like the girls all crammed into a bedroom in Barbie junior beds, I think gee what a dump. But then they showed a bathroom where Mo was getting ready and it had a spa tub and vaulted ceilings. I don't get it.

It looked to me as if Mo was getting ready somewhere else. He and the other dude (Dani's brother-in-law?) were seen walking up to a different building from Dani's hovel apartment carrying suit bags. So I think they were at someone else's much nicer home while Dani got ready in her doll hoard bedroom.

• Love 2

Well, to be fair (and horrible), I feel pretty confident that those girls are not going to college. The only one I have any hope for is purple hair Faith. The other ones look...simple. Like their mother. I would be extremely surprised if their SAT score is at the top of their priority list, even if their mother's sham of a relationship wasn't taking place.

I know  absolutely nothing about the girls to say they can't/won't go to college and I personally would not feel comfortable judging them based on looks and maybe the 4 or 5 comments they've made since the season premiered. I do hope they get out of their mother's home and find success in life.

• Love 7

I've always thought that when a ceremonial torch is passed, it means that the passer is relinquishing an honor or a responsibility to the receiver? So was Danny-frere announcing to his wife, whew! We don't gotta do it no more little wifey! in a roundabout way? I believe the sis-in-law is now pregnant, so the brother can rest easy that he's done his husbandly duty and retire from sex. Of course, he's allowed to continue to talk, and talk, and talk about it! Something ain't right in that family dynamic, imo.

Seriously, the continuous and unrelenting babble about sex and the couple's supposed virginity mainly annoyed me on the basis of manners! Sex lives are private and just not fodder for communal chatter every freaking time there's a family get-together, for gods sake! Amy's family trekked from South Africa to sit and to be subjected to that crap at her wedding? I felt sorry for all of them.

But, of course, I felt most sorry for Amy. I still don't know what won her over to Danny when they were at Bible college in Australia. What was the connection? She was willing to make an enormous life change for Danny, but why?

Oh, and Danny's dad was on good behavior for the wedding, but I don't believe for a second that he had a spiritual awakening toward his wicked ways. His mentality is entrenched, in my opinion.

• Love 6

Can't believe we all allow these huge American corporations fulfill their agenda in these shows. They promote their parafernalia at our expense, if you don't believe just look at how WalMart (Always low prices) promoted their Summer Redneck Clearance outfits at Danielle and Mohammed wedding, ,,,,,,ughhhh unbelievable

Can't believe we all allow these huge American corporations fulfill their agenda in these shows. They promote their parafernalia at our expense, if you don't believe just look at how WalMart (Always low prices) promoted their Summer Redneck Clearance outfits at Danielle and Mohammed wedding, ,,,,,,ughhhh unbelievable

If it wasn't for the fact that both of them are willingly entering into a sham of a marriage, I'd feel sad watching Dani & Mo's "wedding".  Instead, I just kept thinking what a waste of money it was for Dani to purchase that dress, considering Mo didn't even look at it once!

• Love 5

I missed the part that Danny's father hugged Amy. Approximately when did that happen?

Amy is stunning. She was a gorgeous bride. This sounds horrible, but if she is as portrayed on TV, I wish she was the wife of someone in a place of influence and power. Imagine her as the wife of the Ambassador (or one herself). She just is so poised, elegant, and hopefully intelligent. I hope she and Danny are truly happy.

Her mother is quite lovely as well. On a superficial note, I loved her mother of the bride dress!

I also felt sorry that Amy's family was subjected to that stupid torch thing. That is funny for the bachelor party, not the wedding reception!

• Love 7

Twenty years ago, an American friend of a friend married a British dude so he could get a green card. What I remember at the time was that they had to make a big pretense of being legit, because they were subject to interviews (and inspections?) by the US Immigration Dept. They had to provide evidence of a shared history, like photos and trips together, etc. What I keep thinking, as I watch Dani and Mo, is that, via their participating in this show, the immigration dept has a treasure trove of evidence to support the fact that this marriage is a total sham.

Does anyone know how that works, these days? Does the immigration dept make any sort of effort to determine the validity of these marriages, or is it just, 90-days-and-done?

• Love 4

Twenty years ago, an American friend of a friend married a British dude so he could get a green card. What I remember at the time was that they had to make a big pretense of being legit, because they were subject to interviews (and inspections?) by the US Immigration Dept. They had to provide evidence of a shared history, like photos and trips together, etc. What I keep thinking, as I watch Dani and Mo, is that, via their participating in this show, the immigration dept has a treasure trove of evidence to support the fact that this marriage is a total sham.

Does anyone know how that works, these days? Does the immigration dept make any sort of effort to determine the validity of these marriages, or is it just, 90-days-and-done?

I definitely hope someone sees this and Mohamed gets deported. Absolute Fraud.

• Love 2

After the ceremony, he was standing with his wife and Danny's grandmother. I think Amy was as shocked as I was.

Thank you! I will watch that scene again.

While I'm not sure how sincere it was, at least it was a small, nice gesture.

It is interesting, according the the edit, Danny's mom seems pretty sweet, and Danny's grandmother did not seem shocked or upset or something at this union. So where did his dad get this from? Danny's grandfather?

• Love 1

Don't count those children out. I can assure you from my own experience. Poverty and seemingly hopeless circumstances can make you hungry and ambitious.

Point taken and I hope you're right! I do feel bad for those girls. I can only imagine the crap they have had to put up with due to Dani. I have not seen any of the extra scenes, maybe I will go check those out.

Thank you guys for the explanation of the bad T-shirts. I still think they're bad, but I would expect nothing else from the humorless, scary, creepy, insufferable Jason. The joke is a stretch if only a few people "get" it, and it's not even funny once it's explained. 

• Love 2

Actually ... Now that you mention it, can we KEEP Mo and deport Danielle? I don't care where they send her.

So far we have seen Mo thoroughly focused on his green card goal and on his best behavior.  Danielle lied again, lost her job, they can't pay the rent?  Aw shucks all is forgiven, let's start from scratch.  Now he has the green card.  It's abuse time!  Just wait until you see his ugly side.  You'll want to ship him back to Tunisia at your own expense.

• Love 2

Amy and Danny. Amy looked stunning. Although, her riding on on the back of farm equipment was hokey to me. I half expected Minnie Pearl to pop up from behind the hay bale and shout out, "HOWWWDEEEEEE!" For goodness sake, get a horse and buggy and let the poor girl sit up front. It is her day to be Queen and not some virginal prize coming in on a cart full of turnips.

I'm just gonna call you Buffy.  Because this comment slayed me!

Maybe it's just me but I surely wouldn't want people to be thinking of Hee-Haw (or Children of the Corn for that matter) when they watched my wedding video.  Clearly, those "folks" are a bit different from my friends and family.  And I thank the baby Jesus for that!

That one SIL seems really cool with Amy, she's the one they always show talking to her and she seems to have a very good natural rapport with her - I think her name is Heather? She seems like she's going to be a really good friend to Amy.

Yes I like that girl.  She seems relatively normal and down to earth.  Must be the naturally curly hair!! (says Duke as she pats her own curly hair ala Frieda from Peanuts)

• Love 3
I missed the part that Danny's father hugged Amy. Approximately when did that happen

Not only did he hug her, but he also gave her a kiss on the cheek!  The man is never going to change his bigoted beliefs, but at least he has seen and acknowledged that Amy is "a nice girl", as he put it. so it looks like he has softened towards her, and hopefully she won't have to suffer through any more conversations like the one the day they met. 

• Love 2

A friend of my husband's married a woman from China. About a year after the wedding they had to provide letters to INS attesting to the validity of their marriage, my husband wrote one for them. They are an actual married couple, no green card shenanigans. It must be humiliating to have to ask your friends to provide letters to a government agency saying that they think your marriage is legit!

Not only did he hug her, but he also gave her a kiss on the cheek!  The man is never going to change his bigoted beliefs, but at least he has seen and acknowledged that Amy is "a nice girl", as he put it. so it looks like he has softened towards her, and hopefully she won't have to suffer through any more conversations like the one the day they met. 

No, but she'll have to endure him saying horrible negative things about people of color, then patting her on the arm and saying "I don't mean you, Amy, you're different". Shudder.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6

So far we have seen Mo thoroughly focused on his green card goal and on his best behavior.  Danielle lied again, lost her job, they can't pay the rent?  Aw shucks all is forgiven, let's start from scratch.  Now he has the green card.  It's abuse time!  Just wait until you see his ugly side.  You'll want to ship him back to Tunisia at your own expense.

He may be an asshole, but he's not the biggest asshole in this couple.

He wanted a green card and perhaps a chance at a better life? I almost feel that he was honest with Danielle about his intentions and her delusional ass is the one who built up this fantasy.

He didn't put her daughters at risk. He didn't get her phone cut off. He didn't get her evicted. He didn't make her lose her job.

I see him as someone who entered into a business transaction and has fulfilled 100% of his obligations only to realize that he's been taken.

I honestly think that DANIELLE should be punished. She is the one who "imported" this man. She is the American citizen and the one who should know the immigration laws in our country.

But he's in a catch 22. He's not innocent so he can't outright report her because it will be him who is punished/deported.

• Love 14

It's the same now. I came in to the US on a spouse visa (already married, so didn't do the 90 day) and we had to show plane tickets proving we'd met, phone bills, webchat history (selective of course!!), photos, statements from people who knew us as a couple, and proof of the wedding, including pictures. Then I had an interview (in my home country, before I was granted my visa) where I had to answer questions such as what he does for a job, how many times a week we talk, what do we have in common, and all sorts of personal stuff.

The USCIS are very thorough and very intimidating, I would hate to have to try to get a visa if it was not legitimate. A legitimate application is terribly stressful!

• Love 4

He wanted a green card and perhaps a chance at a better life? I almost feel that he was honest with Danielle about his intentions and her delusional ass is the one who built up this fantasy.

He didn't put her daughters at risk. He didn't get her phone cut off. He didn't get her evicted. He didn't make her lose her job.

I see him as someone who entered into a business transaction and has fulfilled 100% of his obligations only to realize that he's been taken.

I honestly think that DANIELLE should be punished. She is the one who "imported" this man. She is the American citizen and the one who should know the immigration laws in our country.

But he's in a catch 22. He's not innocent so he can't outright report her because it will be him who is punished/deported.

Word.  It was last week's episode, when the "closed door" conversation took place and Danielle's voice changed to strident and bitchy, that brought it home for me.

IMO, clearly, Danielle KNOWS she's a walking freak show, that she has nothing to attract a man, ANY man (although she must have had at one point, she did procreate several times).  She's going for the June Shannon big TV "easy money" bucks.  After all, June capitalized on her filth, her forklift foot, etc...and went from Extreme Couponing to Toddlers & Tiaras to her own show. 

Danielle wanted to be a freak show reality celeb.  IMO she wooed Mo to be part of it by promising him a portion of the TLC take and maybe, just maybe a green card.  I think he's in it more for the money and exposure than the green card.  There's definitely no love here on either side.

• Love 3

THIS. Completely and 100%. Honestly if I were in his position I'd just go to the INS myself and tell them their relationship isn't working out, the son is violent towards him...etc. and just go back to Tunis. Or wherever, cos it seems that even though he didn't have a grand life back home he had more than he does here currently. And he can be rid of Dani and her terrible simpleton family. I would willingly deport myself to get away from her. Most certainly.

Or hell, maybe he'll get amnesty or whatever they call giving citizenship to foreign victims of domestic violence.

• Love 4

Yeah that's what I don't get.   Mo is on national TV brazenly gaming the system and Immigration does absolutely nothing about it.  WTF?

• Love 3

It's the same now. I came in to the US on a spouse visa (already married, so didn't do the 90 day) and we had to show plane tickets proving we'd met, phone bills, webchat history (selective of course!!), photos, statements from people who knew us as a couple, and proof of the wedding, including pictures. Then I had an interview (in my home country, before I was granted my visa) where I had to answer questions such as what he does for a job, how many times a week we talk, what do we have in common, and all sorts of personal stuff.

The USCIS are very thorough and very intimidating, I would hate to have to try to get a visa if it was not legitimate. A legitimate application is terribly stressful!

Two friends of mine - she American, he British - who were married in the UK and lived here for years had to go through the interview/interrogation when they decided to move to the USA. At their request I swore an Affidavit confirming I'd known them both for some years, attended their wedding, family parties at his parents' home, and that they'd stayed with me many times at my home. I said that it was clear to me they were in love and a genuine couple, and that I could provide photos taken on many of these occasions. The US Embassy said I might also need to go along in person to confirm what I'd attested to, but in the end I didn't need to. My friends are both 'professionals' - she an architect and he an electrical engineer - and they both had jobs waiting for them in the USA, and her wealthy family agreed to sponsor them on top of all that so there was no possibility either of them would have been a drain on the US taxpayer.

So if a couple who are as in love and genuine as my friends had to go through that, I have no clue how DaniMo will get through any kind of scrutiny, particularly when so much of what has gone on has been documented on TV and social media.

• Love 4

How exactly has he been taken, and why would he ever report her?  She gave him everything he wanted.  She brought him over here and enabled him to get his green card.  He has no intention of staying with her after the marriage, never did.  He's a conman and a user, and she's just lonely and gullible.  He's nothing but a loser and he needs to be deported.

• Love 5

The whole Danielle/Mo storyline was a train wreck to begin with but seeing Red Flags and that mockery of the wedding really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I don’t understand why everyone is pandering to this woman’s fantasy (meaning her kids, her family and friends).  When they know that both Mo and Dani are just in this sham marriage for their own personal reasons (him green card, her fantasy wedding and boy toy arm candy with man boobs).  The only one that really stood up to tell her what is what was her friend Angie which of course Dani dismissed immediately.  I just hope that someone in immigrations finally does something and deports Mo and whatever charges are put forth towards Dani for trying to play the system.  I honestly do not understand how they got past the initial interviews for the K1 visa. Could TLC have assisted? What is the extent of TLC’s influence ?  I’m also surprised at their stupidity in doing the show (but again, probably added fuel to Dani’s fantasy romance).  If they were super quiet about the whole thing by not doing the show, they might have flew under the radar.

• Love 4

I don’t understand why everyone is pandering to this woman’s fantasy (meaning her kids, her family and friends).  When they know that both Mo and Dani are just in this sham marriage for their own personal reasons (him green card, her fantasy wedding and boy toy arm candy with man boobs).  The only one that really stood up to tell her what is what was her friend Angie which of course Dani dismissed immediately. 

Another friend and Danielle's sister tried to talk some sense into her. I bet her son has spoken to her, too, about the situation. It doesn't matter how many people talk to her, she was going to go through with the wedding and she did. Danielle is not stupid...she knows Mohammed wouldn't have anything to do with her otherwise.

• Love 2

Many thanks to all those posting about their real life experiences with obtaining a green card.  I've tried reading the USCIS's website to check on the laws, and it is written in such government/legal mumbo jumbo that I can't figure out what the heck they are saying half the time, and I have  a Master's degree.  Lord knows how an ESL person can navigate this stuff.

I do have one question--a couple of posters have said their interviews/requests for proof of the legit status of the marriage came about a year after the wedding.  Does this mean the first year here in the US is largely trouble free, and the burden of proof comes later?  Or do the immigration people always have our happy couples on their radar, even in the first 90 days?

• Love 3

I get the feeling that INS used to be very diligent about sham marriages back in the day, but is now asleep at the switch.  I have someone in my own family who is mentally disabled and lives in a home, and a Filipina worker there married him, got her green card, and took off.

Edited by Dobian

I do have one question--a couple of posters have said their interviews/requests for proof of the legit status of the marriage came about a year after the wedding.  Does this mean the first year here in the US is largely trouble free, and the burden of proof comes later?  Or do the immigration people always have our happy couples on their radar, even in the first 90 days?

Check the Small Talk thread, people have been discussing the generalities of the process there.

• Love 1

With Dani and Mo, I feel strangely about both of them.

I feel like she brought him here so she can continue not working. The subtext about providing for the girls, etc is "I need you to bring in money, and since you need me for the green card you will provide."

I'm not saying anything about Mo's character, I just think this is a clear case of both of them possibly using each other.

I also agree with the others about Cassia. Run, Cassia, run! I feel really badly for her. I think she might actually like Jason, but he views her as a pretty thing on his arm. He doesn't really seem to care about what she wants, and he can't really provide for her. 

• Love 1

TLC does not assist them in any way, other than paying them a small appearance fee. To do so would be illegal.

what does "small" mean anyway?  I'm guessing they paid for the attorney's appearance as well as the wedding cake, etc.  such as it was.

of course, IMO Danielle is waiting for the big payoff - the possibility of really cashing in with her OWN series.  Whether Mo is in there or not. 

• Love 1

How exactly has he been taken, and why would he ever report her?  She gave him everything he wanted.  She brought him over here and enabled him to get his green card.  He has no intention of staying with her after the marriage, never did.  He's a conman and a user, and she's just lonely and gullible.  He's nothing but a loser and he needs to be deported.

I don't disagree that that he had no intention of staying with her - I think they made an arrangement that benefited them both. Except it didn't.

Agree to disagree, but I don't see Dani as this poor, meek, gullible, kind woman.

I see her for the narcissistic, manipulative, emotional drain that she is.

All that crying and blubbering? It doesn't make me empathetic towards her ... It makes me want to fly to NoWhere, Ohio and slap her clear across the face for that bullshit.

• Love 20

I don't think Mo or anyone of the spouses get the green card upon marriage.   Where Mo might have been 'taken' is that Danielle is in massive debt, they may not have a roof over their heads for much longer, and she doesn't have the money to pay for the paperwork.  Since Mo can't work until he gets his green card, Danielle is responsible for both their bills.

Flip the genders.  If this was happening to Jason & Cassia or Justin & Daya, where they were in danger of being homeless, would they be considered a loser? 

• Love 3