Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E7: The Gloves Are Off

• Start Topic

In La Quinta, Shannon breaks down over the impending lawsuit with John, and tension between Gina and Emily finally bubbles over; the ladies bond over divorce, but when they pack up to leave, Alexis gets a call from John that sends her spiralling.

First aired on 8/22/2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gina acted like such a baby during her fight with Emily. “Wah Wah Everyone’s mad at me!” She victim’d her way out of that one.  As soon as Emily called her out for kissing Heather’s ass, Gina started yelling over her, ‘this is why I didn’t want to do this! See?!’  I wish Emily wouldn’t have fallen for it.  She should’ve stood there, calmly, like you do with a toddler throwing a fit on the ground, and said, “You done?”  She’s so Annoying.

Emily has been acting like a mean bitch lately, but Gina has a way of speaking when she’s cornered that reaches a volume and tone that makes me want to do violence. 

Shannon’s a mess, but Tamra is going to break something falling of that high horse of hers.  She really thinks she’s the morality police whose job it is to teach lessons to everyone else on how to behave? Lmao And then ends with “I’m having a party, and I want you to come” and Shannon practically genuflects at her feet over the invite. Gross. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

"I see what's happening between Shannon and Tamra and I'm scared that'll be us!"

"That's not us, those are two dysfunctional nut jobs..."

*sobbing* "They're so fucked up!"

Hahaha. I do appreciate that Emily and Gina argue like actual friends. Quite a contrast from the abuelas.

Tamra told her driver see you soon... like she was planning to quickly cause a scene, drive Shannon to one of her patented "I'm DONE!" meltdowns, and then walk out of the restaurant with the upper hand. I wonder if she already knew about the lawsuit from Jesus Jugs.

Why the hell are they doing a recap special narrated by Katie? I guess Bravo's really trying to make the newbie happen after Beverly Hills' disaster this year.

And to make matters worse, next week we get to endure both Cancer Scammer and John Mellencamp's son-in-law's wife.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 5
  • LOL 13

All I could think, or I wanted to say, is please  Shannon,  don't  let Tamra back in. she is not your friend, and she never  was.

There's  something  fishy with Alexis and her love bunny, they'll  drop the law suit if Shannon  says something? Emily  said the same thing I did, if you're  happy and in love, vindictive  behaviour shouldn't be necessary . Emily and Gina needed to get that stupid row out of the way, Gina hasn't  been  the same, since Heather decided  they'd  be good friends. Heather has plenty of friends, Emily is the  better  of the two.

I'm still liking  Katie.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Is Bravo paying Johnny J this season, because he seems to be featured as much as any of the howives. I am picturing Bravo paying Johnny J to seduce Alexis so that they can bring her back on the show and give her a storyline to torture Shannon. Because that seems to have been Bravo's MO since Shannon was married to David. It is getting old, Bravo. In the words of Sutton Stracke, let the mouse go.

I would not have known that Shannon was drinking on her girls' trip. She seemed sober as a judge to me. Meanwhile, the other Judge was shit faced and sucking food off of someone's foot. Who has the drinking problem?

When Jenn was sitting at the spa with Ryan, before she sang his praises, all I could think was that he looked like he needed a shower and a shave. Honestly I could smell him through my TV. Then Jenn spouted that he always smells nice, and is clean shaven. The man was sprouting several days worth of grey stubble. Have we seen Jenn wearing glasses? If so are they for show and not really functional? Like her broken Rolex? Because Ryan looks nothing like a guy who looks good, smells good and is well groomed. Zero for three. 

Jenn though is nothing if not amusing. Her earnest TH about how she is trying to parent her son so that he doesn't need his mother to wipe his azz at 40 was pretty funny, considering she needs her daddy or boyfriend or ex to support her at 47. Do these women (or at least some of them, I'm looking at you Jenn and Tamra) listen to themselves? OMFG. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Shannon needs to get off of this show.  It’s not good for her and it never will be.  It’s sad to me that she seems desperate for the money and that she seems to feel she has no choice but subject herself to this, year after year.  

Has she blown through all of her divorce settlement money? It looks like she has. The rehab. program that she attended to satisfy the mandates of her DUI sentence must have been a joke.  She is a desperate woman. Desperate for friends, money and  so desperate for the attention of a man that she took $75,000 from him and spent almost 1/2 of a facelift.  She said that she didn't sign a promissory note but was there a verbal understanding that she repay the money? She has shown that she gets so drunk that she can't remember what she does and says. 

I have no respect for Johnny J because he is blackmailing her with the videos. Either pay up or he will show the videos. But I have no sympathy for Shannon. She has brought all of this on herself and she blames all of her misfortune on everyone else.  She is a sad and immature woman and she needs to get off the show and work on herself. I'm still wondering about her lemon business, haven't heard her mention it in a long time. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I hope that both Tamra and Alexis face some serious negative backlash after their behavior this season. Is it legal for Jansen to blackmail Shannon with footage from his ring camera out of spite? I hope he gets in trouble for being such a disgusting asshole! 

I don’t think the show is the best place for Shannon to be but good for her for sticking it out during such a difficult time. She shouldn’t let that piece of crap Alexis and her sloppy seconds ruin her career.

Tamra has to be one of the worst friends ever. She thrives on  the misery of others.  I’m sure her daughter has a good reason for staying away.

I don’t take Gina and Emily’s disagreement too seriously. I think they really are friends. I don’t mind them but I don’t like when Emily gets mean. I also don’t mind Katie but she has been a bit dull. Not that she has to go crazy but she could liven things up a bit. 

Jennifer brought up Will having a girlfriend that she was also friends with. I’m curious about the timeline. Was that before or during Ryan?

Boo to Teddi making an appearance. She adds nothing. She’s not a good housewife and she isn’t good tv. I think Tamrat likes having a dull sidekick so she can be the more exciting one.

• Like 15
7 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Shannon needs to get off of this show.  It’s not good for her and it never will be.  It’s sad to me that she seems desperate for the money and that she seems to feel she has no choice but subject herself to this, year after year.

This show, rather reality shows in general, aren't actually "good" for anyone. In essence, you're selling yourself for a paycheck.

There are some who simply crave the attention & fame but that aside, do you think it would easy to walk away from $300K - $1M/year for less than 3 months of part-time work? Aren't we all a little desperate for money?

Specific to Shannon, she needs an income and she's been out of the workforce raising kids for 20 years. She received $1.4M in the divorce settlement which was likely her share of his retirement funds and, if she were smart, moved that o a pre-tax account in her name. Her monthly support of $10K/month runs through 2029. That might sound like a lot to some, but it's definitely not much for the OC, three kids and their college tuition. 

So, I really can't fault her (or anyone) for not walking away from the Bravo money. The job market for those 50+ with a full resume isn't pretty, let alone someone trying to return to the workforce after a long gap.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Tamrat is an asshole.

Don't give Bravo any ideas for an Orange County spinoff 😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Lol @ Jen, "they all want to know where Ryan gets his money from.....where does he get his money? ...Shrug. Giggle giggle."

Gina and Emily will be Shannon and Tamra, if they stay on this show another 4-5 years. That'd be a shame because I like them much more together than apart.

Bring the fun back to those shows, please! Not just sex talk and screeching, but people who actual enjoy each others company. All of these shows are so tense. They argue over and over, then say "I really do love you" lmao

• Like 7

I can't get past the bad grammar!  In addition to Gina's shirts missing the apostrophe, my ears bled every time they showed the preview of Tamra saying to Shannon: "have I ever DROVE my car into a house?"  Come on, Tammy Sue!  She's so vile in so many ways and this just adds to it!!!!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I know that Emily's a lawyer and I'm not, but isn't it terrible advice for her to tell Shannon to email John Jansen apart from their lawyers and offer to pay him 30K or whatever? Couldn't that be introduced in court as an admission that she does owe him money??

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Gina acted like such a baby during her fight with Emily. “Wah Wah Everyone’s mad at me!” She victim’d her way out of that one.  As soon as Emily called her out for kissing Heather’s ass, Gina started yelling over her, ‘this is why I didn’t want to do this! See?!’  I wish Emily wouldn’t have fallen for it.  She should’ve stood there, calmly, like you do with a toddler throwing a fit on the ground, and said, “You done?”  She’s so Annoying.

I'm no Gina fan, but I also felt like what Emily was saying didn't make sense and that Emily kept interrupting Gina whenever Gina tried to explain that. Gina actually had a good reason to stop liking Katie! Gina and Katie were friendly, but then Katie came onto the show rarin' to share dirt about Heather (info that Gina had advised her not to share!), so... Gina stopped being so wild about Katie. Like, this all makes sense to me!

Say you have a new friend that you like, and you tell everyone how much you like her, but then your new friend starts spreading gossip about your existing friend. Your opinion of the new friend changes! (To be clear: is Gina up Heather's ass? Probably! But to me it's normal that Gina's feelings about Katie would change, regardless of how far up Heather's ass she is.) 

11 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Tamra is vile.  I wonder if she’s ever considered that maybe some part of the reason her daughter doesn’t talk to her is that she’s a horrible human and she’s advertised that to the world regularly for years.  

And apparently Tamra's daughter is pissed that Tamra talks about her on the show (I'm just gleaning this from Tamra's conversation with her other daughter this season). And Tamra cares about this so much that she basically makes it her storyline?? 

1 hour ago, malibu said:

I can't get past the bad grammar!  In addition to Gina's shirts missing the apostrophe, my ears bled every time they showed the preview of Tamra saying to Shannon: "have I ever DROVE my car into a house?"  Come on, Tammy Sue!  She's so vile in so many ways and this just adds to it!!!!

It's Shannon's tagline that drives me nuts. It's clearly grammatically incorrect but I can't put my finger on why. “Even in the harshest of times, this Storms will always weather it"? I get the play on her last name, but Storms really should not be plural in that grammatical context. What is the "it" modifying? The harsh times? And why would a storm "weather" something? A storm is the weather. 

I'll show myself out... 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Tamra mentioned that she saw Sidney at Sophia's HS graduation, she thought all was good, and Sidney then ghosted her again. It seems to really be affecting Tamra, she's just extra mean and seems really pissed off about everything. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

Well, this doofus spilled half a bottle of rosé on himself and now I feel like I’m watching this shitshow sitting next to Lisa Vanderpump.

IMG_7404.jpeg

After the advent of stemless wine glasses, my pup struggled, too.  And since she fancies a robust Merlot, the spills were brutal on the upholstery.  I finally smartened up and went back to stemware.  Through a combination of her stubborn determination and her dewclaw, she does quite well.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Disclaimer that I am not a California attorney (just Ohio and KY)... but I was curious enough to look up CA law on oral contracts. As I suspected there are some contracts that have to be in writing to be enforced (that is called the Statute of Frauds). It does not appear the Johnny J/Shannon situation would be one of those (if the amount were over $100,000 it would be). So he can try to enforce an oral agreement (if there is one), but that is difficult and costly to do. 

As for Emily's advice, attempts to settle are typically not allowed in as evidence because the courts always want to encourage settlement. So Shannon could send that email and it would not be evidence of her liability in court. 

Thus ends my legal research into these ridiculous issues. I need to find better things to do during my lunch breaks. 

Also... Tamra is disgusting. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, ladle1 said:

I'm no Gina fan, but I also felt like what Emily was saying didn't make sense and that Emily kept interrupting Gina whenever Gina tried to explain that. Gina actually had a good reason to stop liking Katie! Gina and Katie were friendly, but then Katie came onto the show rarin' to share dirt about Heather (info that Gina had advised her not to share!), so... Gina stopped being so wild about Katie. Like, this all makes sense to me!

Say you have a new friend that you like, and you tell everyone how much you like her, but then your new friend starts spreading gossip about your existing friend. Your opinion of the new friend changes! (To be clear: is Gina up Heather's ass? Probably! But to me it's normal that Gina's feelings about Katie would change, regardless of how far up Heather's ass she is.) 

And apparently Tamra's daughter is pissed that Tamra talks about her on the show (I'm just gleaning this from Tamra's conversation with her other daughter this season). And Tamra cares about this so much that she basically makes it her storyline?? 

It's Shannon's tagline that drives me nuts. It's clearly grammatically incorrect but I can't put my finger on why. “Even in the harshest of times, this Storms will always weather it"? I get the play on her last name, but Storms really should not be plural in that grammatical context. What is the "it" modifying? The harsh times? And why would a storm "weather" something? A storm is the weather. 

I'll show myself out... 

Lol! I think her last name is Storms, not Storm. I think it's cute. 

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Lol! I think her last name is Storms, not Storm. I think it's cute. 

Oh I know it is! That’s why I said I get the play on her last name. But “this Storms” is still not grammatically correct. Nor is the rest of the tagline, which makes me ears bleed. 

I do agree that the weathering/Storms wordplay would be cute if the sentence/metaphor actually made sense.  

54 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

As for Emily's advice, attempts to settle are typically not allowed in as evidence because the courts always want to encourage settlement. So Shannon could send that email and it would not be evidence of her liability in court. 

Thus ends my legal research into these ridiculous issues. I need to find better things to do during my lunch breaks. 

Also... Tamra is disgusting. 

So interesting! Thanks! 

• Like 1
(edited)

I really like Emily and Gina together. You can tell they have a genuine friendship. It was refreshing to see some reality on one of these shows. The way they vented and screamed everything that had been building up between them, they hugged it out, and I'm fairly confident neither of them will continue to demand an apology from the other for the remainder of the season. THAT is a real friendship.

eta: also no plates, drinks, food or glassware was thrown -only a couple of pickleball paddles (rackets?), and not at each other

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Because I got nothing else out of this episode, 2 things stood out to me:

1) This show is sponsored by Diet Coke

2) Jen saying to Tamra  she wants them to "always shoot each other straight" made me laugh

and, yes, the Storms pun annoys me too. It could have been worded better 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Is Bravo paying Johnny J this season, because he seems to be featured as much as any of the howives. I am picturing Bravo paying Johnny J to seduce Alexis so that they can bring her back on the show and give her a storyline to torture Shannon. Because that seems to have been Bravo's MO since Shannon was married to David. It is getting old, Bravo. In the words of Sutton Stracke, let the mouse go.

Alexis doesn't have a storyline except for "Johnny J" and creating conflicts with Shannon. BravoTV and Andy Cohen have gleefully let Alexis run with it and probably have pulled their puppet master strings to move it along during this season.

Shannon does need to take responsibility for her DUI and drinking and deal with these and her other personal issues, but with the all things going on in her life over the last several years, both self-imposed and not, the production people are disgusting for putting gasoline on Shannon's wellness struggles. Maybe she does need the paycheck, but Bravo and Andy Cohen are creating a toxic work place for her and she needs to remove herself from this for her own mental health.

Edited by la patineuse
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ladle1 said:

Oh I know it is! That’s why I said I get the play on her last name. But “this Storms” is still not grammatically correct. Nor is the rest of the tagline, which makes me ears bleed. 

It is grammatically correct if it is referring to her by her last name--replace "Storms" (her proper name) with "woman" or "person." The confusion is that her last name SOUNDS plural (and would be the plural of the singular noun "storm"), but she is NOT using the noun, she is using the proper name. Say it with a last name like "Jones" and it sounds correct.

A further clue--she says "this Storms"--if it were plural, it would have to be "THESE storms."

It would not be grammatically correct if she were using the plural noun "storms."

And I believe the antecedent of "it" in this tagline is "the harshest of times." "Harshest" should be singular--you can't have multiples of the most extreme ("-est").

I don't love the tagline, but I think it is grammatically correct.

Edited by Dr Mama
  • Like 11
  • Useful 4

I 'get' letting your kids draw on the walls because you're going to paint eventually, but Gina's house looked like a fucking flophouse. I was waiting for them to show some random grown adult passed out in the bathtub.

Tamrat's ugly-assed house is as gross as she is. Totally fitting she lives there. It also looks out of place next to the houses next to it, it's so ugly. She's such a piece of shit. Tamrat acting all 'friendly' and 'compassionate' toward Shannon spilling info on her lawsuit and settlement offer, but all she cares about is being able to run RIGHT back to Jesus Jugs and everyone else who will listen with that info. She's a nasty little madam.

Ryan is also gross, but at least he doesn't spell his name "Ryne." 😂 That will never not be completely ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Did Tamra say she was going to start following Jenn's ex on Instagram? It wouldn't surprise me if she did it only to get more ammunition to use or throw at Jenn.  What kind of person would stoop to using her friend's children's relationship with their father against that friend?

• Like 10
3 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I 'get' letting your kids draw on the walls because you're going to paint eventually, but Gina's house looked like a fucking flophouse. I was waiting for them to show some random grown adult passed out in the bathtub.

Same, lol!  You describe it perfectly.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I know there are different ways that viewership and ratings are compiled. This is from Wikipedia. The show is not doing well! One chart shows average viewers over the years and the other chart shows this season episode by episode.

IMG_5310.thumb.jpeg.7338967dea0e981ff8d021b059a919d5.jpeg

I’m having trouble posting both charts in my previous post so I will add the other chart here.

IMG_5311.thumb.jpeg.ce2b60022267874b22e08272fbc1798d.jpeg

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

"Even in the harshest of times, this Storms will always weather it.” I think it sounds incorrect because "times" is plural and "it" is singular. It's just awkward AF. Perhaps "This Storms will weather the harshest of times."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mar said:

I know there are different ways that viewership and ratings are compiled. This is from Wikipedia. The show is not doing well! One chart shows average viewers over the years and the other chart shows this season episode by episode.

IMG_5310.thumb.jpeg.7338967dea0e981ff8d021b059a919d5.jpeg

I’m having trouble posting both charts in my previous post so I will add the other chart here.

IMG_5311.thumb.jpeg.ce2b60022267874b22e08272fbc1798d.jpeg

I'm surprised. OC is a lot more entertaining than Jersey was and than Dubai is. Are any reality shows doing well? Is everybody watching Love Island? 

(edited)
4 hours ago, QQQQ said:

"Even in the harshest of times, this Storms will always weather it.” I think it sounds incorrect because "times" is plural and "it" is singular. It's just awkward AF. Perhaps "This Storms will weather the harshest of times."

Yeah--but grammar nerd here--"of times" modifies "harshest" so the verb goes with "harshest" not "times". I get that it sounds incorrect, but it is grammatically correct.

It would be the same thing as " Even in the toughest of situations, this leader will always fight through it."

Or, more famously, "IT was the BEST of times, IT was the WORST of times." ("Best" and "worst" are singular.)

It's not a great construction--I'd revise it to something more like:

"Even in the harshest time, this Storms will always endure."

But I think they wanted to be clever with the play on Storms/storms.

Edited by Dr Mama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

The show is soooooo gripping that we are debating the grammar of the opening 😆😆😆.

As a grammar pedant I’m here for it…but it kind of illustrates how boring the show is these days. :sigh:

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)
21 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Tamra mentioned that she saw Sidney at Sophia's HS graduation, she thought all was good, and Sidney then ghosted her again. It seems to really be affecting Tamra, she's just extra mean and seems really pissed off about everything. 

The daughter, Sidney, asked Tamra to not post pictures of her graduation and Tamra did anyway, that's why Sidney ghosted her again.

This is all Tamra's fault. If she wanted to be in Sidney's life she would do what she asked for, which is to not talk about her on camera and use her as a storyline. There is a letter about this from Sidney on Reddit explaining the entire drama. She just wants to be left alone.

Tamra makes me sick.

Edited by Arynm
  • Like 12
  • Useful 2