Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Strains, Stains, And A Big Pain

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Amy did apologize to Kelley for leaving him at home to deal with the divorce on his own. There may have been domestic abuse in the family or maybe Kelley attempted suicide when it was happening or something like that. He does seem emotionally fragile. I love that Amy looks out for him though.

Thinking more, I bet in their cabin late at night, Jennice and Kelley started having lots of heart to heart talks and he gave her too much information about himself that turned her off. Because early on they were "soulmates" and within a week or so she was rolling her eyes and couldn't stand to be touched by him.

• Love 1

I like Kat too even though she was a hot mess last season.  I'm glad she got a second chance.

Was anyone else confused on who's fault the dinner mess was?  Yeah, they should have had a second server and how long does it actually take to prepare the cabins for bedtime but it also seemed that Ben was once again really slow in preparing the food.

My thoughts exactly. Regarding the Kelley anger issues - wasn't there something he said on the first episode when they were introducing themselves that he couldn't go home after leaving the service (possibly because of an anger problem/incident?) That's why he joined Amy in the yachting industry. There just seems to something off with him. Maybe something happened in the service or something happened at home making him join the service? I know Amy & him talked about how their parent's divorce affected them.
  • Love 1

Amy did apologize to Kelley for leaving him at home to deal with the divorce on his own. There may have been domestic abuse in the family or maybe Kelley attempted suicide when it was happening or something like that. He does seem emotionally fragile. I love that Amy looks out for him though.

Thinking more, I bet in their cabin late at night, Jennice and Kelley started having lots of heart to heart talks and he gave her too much information about himself that turned her off. Because early on they were "soulmates" and within a week or so she was rolling her eyes and couldn't stand to be touched by him.

That's what I'm wondering too.  He seems like a sweet, wounded guy.  

I'm wondering if what he told Jennice about his anger issues turned her off.  My sense is he seems rather shocked to hear that from her so I would bet that she hasn't necessarily seen that anger, so when she said that, he felt like he was being unfairly held to his past behavior that he confided to her about?

I just adore Kat. 

Ya know, I do too! And I'm not really sure why! Even last season when she was being totally ridiculous 98% of the time, I still liked her and wanted to see what she was up to each week. And now this season, I like her even more. She seems like she would be a lot of fun to be friends with! 

I really don't understand the dinner issue... They could have all the stews in the world, but it seemed like there wasn't food to serve. I know at one point he did say the plates had been sitting there... But I still don't see how that is the reasons for being 4 hours late.

• Love 2

The timing and preparation of the dinners have been a chronic issue so that goes back to Ben. Another thing is he absolutely cannot accept criticism or anything that doesn't fit his image of ideal. For example that group that was starving and he was dicking around doing idiotic garnishes- get that shit out the door stupid. And the guests that said they hate vegetables and he was blowing a gasket. Calm the fuck down, you work for them and serve them. If they want candy crusted dog shit prepare it and and plate it with a smile. And his response to the girl who wouldn't eat pork since its "red meat" and being a bitch about it. I work 55-65 hrs a week have to put up with demanding people everyday that's why it's called work and not "fun" and why I'm paid. I feel like this year every employee is being a twat waffle and asshole about every damn task. The charters pay $20,000 a week for this excursion and and tip $10,000 -$18,000 =$30 thousand minimum for this so they have the right not to have loooong ass dinners serve too late, sassy and sullen hosts, penis blankets, and cum stained ugly pillows. These people suck.

Holy shit Kate looked old ass hell in those bar scenes- she's 43 if a day. Does she own a brush? Or conditioner.

I liked Compass the schnauzer. I love dogs and mini, mid and giant schnauzers crack me up.

Jennice looks like young Shelly Duvall in Te Shining.

Kat looks like Ann Coulter for real.

That one girl looked like an idiot hollering in the dock.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

Personally, I think that Kat is the definition of complete butterface. That, coupled with her acting like a cat in heat is repulsive. Actually, Ben AND Kelley could do much better.

So with you on this. She just seems so low-rent to me; no dignity.

Jennice, on the other hand, is stupid in other ways. I never accept extra-textual explanations, i.e., Kelley confided off-camera, so, to me, she is just a silly girl who realized she didn't really want to fuck the guy and invented an excuse.

If he's so scary, why, as someone pointed out earlier, did she stay around poking him and express unhappiness when he moved out? She's just immature in the extreme.

• Love 4

The timing and preparation of the dinners have been a chronic issue so that goes back to Ben. Another thing is he absolutely cannot accept criticism or anything that doesn't fit his image of ideal. For example that group that was starving and he was dicking around doing idiotic garnishes- get that shit out the door stupid. And the guests that said they hate vegetables and he was blowing a gasket. Calm the fuck down, you work for them and serve them. If they want candy crusted dog shit prepare it and and plate it with a smile. And his response to the girl who wouldn't eat pork since its "red meat" and being a bitch about it. I work 55-65 hrs a week have to put up with demanding people everyday that's why it's called work and not "fun" and why I'm paid. I feel like this year every employee is being a twat waffle and asshole about every damn task. The charters pay $20,000 a week for this excursion and and tip $10,000 -$18,000 =$30 thousand minimum for this so they have the right not to have loooong ass dinners serve too late, sassy and sullen hosts, penis blankets, and cum stained ugly pillows. These people suck.

Holy shit Kate looked old ass hell in those bar scenes- she's 43 if a day. Does she own a brush? Or conditioner.

I liked Compass the schnauzer. I love dogs and mini, mid and giant schnauzers crack me up.

Jennice looks like young Shelly Duvall in Te Shining.

Kat looks like Ann Coulter for real.

That one girl looked like an idiot hollering in the dock.

I couldn't agree more. I've had a great dislike for Ben ever since the charter where the guests wanted chicken strips & cheeseburgers & he basically refused. "I compromised by making them...sushi". Um, WHAT? This season he seems hell bent on pretending the dossiers don't exist. He's just so smarmy to me.

• Love 4

I myself wouldn't mind a night of gourmet cheeseburgers on that yacht! Mmmm. Why is Ben such a pretentious and whiny douche?

I have said since the beginning of the show that Kate is definitely in her 40's. There is nothing youthful about her in looks or demeanor.

Jennice sucks. And she doesn't do any work. Why doesn't Captain Lee hand HER a one-way ticket??

Totally agree about Ben and yet I love that guy anyway!

On Kate, I personally think she has an eating disorder and that's what makes her hair look fried and that's why her face looks haggard.  I do love her and her resting bitch face.   

• Love 2

What's puzzling to me is why Ben apparently lost control of the dinner schedule on two different occasions. He's a pro - doesn't seem realistic unless there was a major disruption.

I keep noticing that sometimes when Ben is cooking and plating he seems to slur his words a little. Is he tired or has he been getting into the cooking sherry? While I think that his two very late meals are producer-created shenanigans, I have to wonder if he's getting a little frayed at the edges and it's showing in his attitude. Whatever, I'm enjoying it all!

• Love 1

I keep noticing that sometimes when Ben is cooking and plating he seems to slur his words a little. Is he tired or has he been getting into the cooking sherry? While I think that his two very late meals are producer-created shenanigans, I have to wonder if he's getting a little frayed at the edges and it's showing in his attitude. Whatever, I'm enjoying it all!

I do think the delays are producer driven.  I also noticed that Ben said they weren't covered by Maritime law and then it dawned on me-they are working as actors not stews.  I remember the same question coming up on  Vanderpump Rules.   So some of this stuff with the guest with excessive complaints and the weird late dinner hours may have more to do with filming than actual disorganization.  In any event they picked the guests up at 10:00 am and had a lunch service and then guests went off for the better part of the afternoon-it would seem all the stews would be able to get  their break. 

As to the turn downs-5 staterooms-that had yet to be really used-I would say no more than 10 minutes a room and it would make more sense to dispatch someone after the last course was served to do the turndowns.  Why the ironing-all the sheets have been just put on the beds?  Seemed like a lot show for the camera.

It also seems that with one stew with the guests and one stew below she/he  should be helping Ben plate.  With 10 people they need three to get the food upstairs in one pass.  So handle it Kate-even if means breaking up the love-birds and having her carry some plates.

I don't recall the last chief stew having the same issues as this one and she had that miserable smirking Sam to deal with.

• Love 1
she/he  should be helping Ben plate.

I don't think he will allow others to help him plate, the first dinner from hell meal there were literally all (including Eddie and Kelley) watching him plate. Apparently it would demean his "artistic" endeavors. 

I really doubt the delays are producer driven but even if they are Ben's reaction to anyone calling him out on it is on him.

• Love 4

Ben's reluctance to be flexible about the menu items, prep, and service is very strange. He acts like he is Grant Achatz or Homaro Cantu or something and each course is an extensively curated work of culinary art that every guest has been anxiously waiting for. In reality these rich guests just want whatever the fuck they want how they ask for and promptly. They're hungry and on vacation.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6

Totally agree about Ben and yet I love that guy anyway!

On Kate, I personally think she has an eating disorder and that's what makes her hair look fried and that's why her face looks haggard. I do love her and her resting bitch face.

This always bothers me. I don't mean you in particular but people in general. I'm very thin, I've been trying to put on 25 pounds and it's just not happening.

I once ate ice cream every day for a month and lost 3 pounds.

I can't tell you how many people have accused me of having an eating disorder. I've had people yell at me to "eat a sandwich" and had a man put a bunch of Twinkies in my shopping cart and told me to go home and eat them.

In women in their 40s like I (for a couple more years) am and Kate as well because I believe she's in her early 40s, being underweight can make us look "haggard" and older. It sucks but that's the way it is.

I was overweight at one point and lost 45 pounds, for me it was easier to lose than it is to gain.

Sorry, please delete this if its too off topic. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the eating disorder thing.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

This always bothers me. I don't mean you in particular but people in general. I'm very thin, I've been trying to put on 25 pounds and it's just not happening.

I once ate ice cream every day for a month and lost 3 pounds.

I can't tell you how many people have accused me of having an eating disorder. I've had people yell at me to "eat a sandwich" and had a man put a bunch of Twinkies in my shopping cart and told me to go home and eat them.

In women in their 40s like I (for a couple more years) am and Kate as well because I believe she's in her early 40s, being underweight can make us look "haggard" and older. It sucks but that's the way it is.

I was overweight at one point and lost 45 pounds, for me it was easier to lose than it is to gain.

Sorry, please delete this if its too off topic. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the eating disorder thing.

Yes, there are people that are naturally thin.  My SIL is one of them.  But there are people that have a disorder and I based my comment on her appearance in a bikini.  She had a weird bloat look to her stomach that reminded me very much of what a friend of mine looked like who was her weight and had an eating disorder.

We're giving our opinion here.  It's no different to me than wondering if she's had plastic surgery or not.  I would never walk up to a stranger and tell them to eat a cheeseburger.  But I do think that she has an eating disorder and looks haggard because of it.

Yes, there are people that are naturally thin.  My SIL is one of them.  But there are people that have an eating disorder and I based my comment on her appearance in a bikini.  She had a weird bloat look to her stomach that reminded me very much of what a friend of mine looked like who was her weight and had an eating disorder.

We're giving our opinion here.  It's no different to me than wondering if she's had plastic surgery or not.  I would never walk up to a stranger and tell them to eat a cheeseburger.  But I do think that she has an eating disorder and looks haggard because of it.

Yes, there are people that are naturally thin. My SIL is one of them. But there are people that have a disorder and I based my comment on her appearance in a bikini. She had a weird bloat look to her stomach that reminded me very much of what a friend of mine looked like who was her weight and had an eating disorder.

We're giving our opinion here. It's no different to me than wondering if she's had plastic surgery or not. I would never walk up to a stranger and tell them to eat a cheeseburger. But I do think that she has an eating disorder and looks haggard because of it.

I fully understand that we're here to give our opinion, that's why I gave mine. It just seems like any time anybody sees a skinny woman on TV they scream "EATING DISORDER" and that's not always the case.

I'm about 25 pounds underweight, I also have a bit of a bloated belly and don't now and have never had any type of eating disorder.

And that is MY opimion.

• Love 3

I fully understand that we're here to give our opinion, that's why I gave mine. It just seems like any time anybody sees a skinny woman on TV they scream "EATING DISORDER" and that's not always the case.

I'm about 25 pounds underweight, I also have a bit of a bloated belly and don't now and have never had any type of eating disorder.

And that is MY opimion.

Guess what happens when a woman is 25 pounds overweight?  People comment that they need to hit the gym.  No one ever questions whether they may just have a slow metabolism.  It works both ways.  They assume the woman overeats.  

I am sorry for offending you, but again, commenting about people on a show.  I'm not walking up to some stranger on the street telling them to seek help for an eating disorder.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

I'm in the minority here but I don't think Kate is older than 34 or 35. Everyone ages differently. Living in places like NYC can wreak havoc on skin especially if under stress. I speak from experience. She's super thin. Lack of sunscreen, stress, drinking, etc can take a toll on someone who is in their 30's. A lot of it is genetic. Not everyone wins the gene pool lottery. All that said, her shape/physique makes me believe she has a fast metabolism and probably doesn't need to work out. That can be a blessing and a curse. But I firmly believe working regularly can go a long way in terms of looking younger. Of course there's exceptions to every rule. Perhaps she does have an ED. I've never noticed the bloating mentioned in previous posts. I'll pay more attention. Girl always looks tiny to me and the camera tends to add pounds.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 2

I'm in the minority here but I don't think Kate is older than 34 or 35. Everyone ages differently. Living in places like NYC can wreak havoc on skin especially if under stress. I speak from experience. She's super thin. Lack of sunscreen, stress, drinking, etc can take a toll on someone who is in their 30's. A lot of it is genetic. Not everyone wins the gene pool lottery. All that said, her shape/physique makes me believe she has a fast metabolism and probably doesn't need to work out. That can be a blessing and a curse. But I firmly believe working regularly can go a long way in terms of looking younger. Of course there's exceptions to every rule. Perhaps she does have an ED. I've never noticed the bloating mentioned in previous posts. I'll pay more attention. Girl always looks tiny to me and the camera tends to add pounds.

When she was in the bikini, she didn't look skin and bones.  But she had that Tara Reid look in this pic.  And Tara Reid has gone up and down the scale so she's not naturally thin.

tara-reid-anorexic-1.jpg

Ouch, that is one big pic!  Sorry for that!

When she was in the bikini, she didn't look skin and bones.  But she had that Tara Reid look in this pic.  And Tara Reid has gone up and down the scale so she's not naturally thin.

tara-reid-anorexic-1.jpg

Point taken. I've been super thin like Kate and it's not at all my body type. It's hard to maintain that thinness if your not naturally the type. Carrie Underwood is the same way but she's much more disciplined about diet and working out with a trainer.

Yeah -- Tara Reid isn't the healthiest of specimens anyway with her supposed drug and alcohol issues.  Kate might not have an ED.  But she is tiny and there are times when she just doesn't look that healthy to me.  I have a SIL who is REALLY thin, but her hair is gloriously shinny, her skin is beautiful and she looks much younger than her age.  She doesn't look malnourished. And on the other side, I had another friend who dropped a tremendous amount of weight (and this girl had an incredible pre-ED body).  It changed her look.  She didn't look healthy.  She looked malnourished.

Again, I'm sure it sucks for people underweight like the person on this thread.  But we make snap judgments on weight and eating on the other side of the spectrum.  Another friend of mine eats right, works out all the time, but has low metabolism and is prone to weight gain.  People are surprised that she works out even.  And that bugs her.

Okay, enough body talk from me.  Women are scrutinized enough as it is.  

Guess what happens when a woman is 25 pounds overweight? People comment that they need to hit the gym. No one ever questions whether they may just have a slow metabolism. It works both ways. They assume the woman overeats.

I am sorry for offending you, but again, commenting about people on a show. I'm not walking up to some stranger on the street telling them to seek help for an eating disorder.

I was just coming here to say again that I'm not singling you out. I'm speaking in general terms.

I've seen so many people say that skinny women have eating disorders that it just grates after a while.

No offense taken. I hope none was given. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking to you personally.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

I was just coming here to say again that I'm not singling you out. I'm speaking in general terms.

I've seen so many people say that skinny women have eating disorders that it just grates after a while.

No offense taken. I hope none was given. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking to you personally.

I completely understand!  Thanks for the note back!  I shouldn't have mentioned a possible ED in the first place.  It's speculation on my part.  Women's bodies are always critiqued -- I shouldn't add to it!

• Love 1

I'll admit I really, really dislike Jenice and have since almost E1. This episode was a nail in the coffin. There is something about that girl that seems very manipulative and self-serving. I don't think Kelley has had rage issues, I think he's suffered from depression and possible suicidal tendencies. I think he was so hurt by what she said because he may have told her about struggling with mental health issues and then she called him crazy and out of control ( in his mind) when he wasn't doing anything. He really wasn't. Every time he talked to Jenuce about the kiss he was calm, if upset, and he had to be the one to set boundaries and walk away. Even when he went to confront the drunken assholes at the bar he was pretty calm all things given. When Eddie found him he was asking them what happened. He wasn't yelling, or threatening and he left with Eddie pretty quickly. I think Jenice was looking for a way to spin this so she came up with Crazy Kelley is out of control and obsessed with me! Oh the drama of my life! She sucks.

• Love 2

At this point out of the cast I only really like Eddie. All the rest of them are over-dramatic about pretty much everything. Even Ben, who I really liked last season. Kate is a snoozefest and thinks she's above her job and her patrons. Kat is still kind of a mess. Amy...meh. She may as well be invisible. Jennice is all over the place about Kelley. Andrew was incompetent.

Oh and Captain Lee is pretty cool. At least he hasn't done a personality 180.

On another note, I had no idea the whole crew disliked Aidrene so much. I new Sam and Kat hated her, but I always thought Eddie and Ben were ok with her. I wonder what happened.

I don't think Aleks and Ben cared for her comments sometimes. In her struggle to keep Kat and Sam in line she sometimes overstepped. There were a couple times when they both had to remind her that they outranked her. She and Eddie never butted heads but he's a bright kid. He knows having her on board is definitely a recipe for disaster.

I don't think Aleks and Ben cared for her comments sometimes. In her struggle to keep Kat and Sam in line she sometimes overstepped. There were a couple times when they both had to remind her that they outranked her. She and Eddie never butted heads but he's a bright kid. He knows having her on board is definitely a recipe for disaster.

Yeah, I don't think they were big Adrienne fans but I think they respected her for trying to run a tight ship.

I have to say Adrienne was fun to watch. She went from this person who seemed like the biggest stick in the mud to a party animal once she could get her inner lesbian out! 

Adrienne kissed her check and that woman who detests her Kat also. Is Adrienne gay or bi or questioning... That's none of my concern. I don't get why everyone in the Ohana except the captain acts like she's the Antichrist though. She was uptight and exacting (very Virgo- acting) and didn't accept disappointment well, same could be said of Ben or Kate in different degrees or situations. Except they took it out on guests and she did on her staff. JMHO!

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

It's none of my concern either. I was just wondering. I didn't see every episode last season and was just wondering if the woman was Adrienne's girlfriend.

I agree with you. I didn't see hoe Adrienne was that bad last season. She ran a tighter ship than Kate does. Like it was stated by another poster, maybe they all dislike her because she actually made them do their jobs.

I'll take Adrienne over Kate and as annoying as they were, I'd take Sam and CJ over any of the new people. At least Sam and CJ were somewhat interesting. These new people are boring.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Both Kelley and Amy seem to be emotionally fragile.  I should probably cut them a little slack though, since they're shooting a reality TV show in cramped quarters and are miles from home.  But they sure are getting the weepy edit, sheesh.

Jennice reminds me of a chipmunk.  Regarding that whole FaceTime with the bf scene (which sounded really fake, btw), I howled at my aunt yelling at the TV, "What aren't you getting, sweetie?  He's just not that into you!"  Guess angry Kelley ain't looking so bad now...

Even though I'm way more conservative when it comes to my sex life choices, I won't gossip or laugh at anyone else's decisions.  If we're close and you divulge some particulars to me, I'll only ask that you be safe!  Other than that, your privates = your business.  I hated those people slut-shaming Kat!  Adrienne was a COMPLETE piece of shit for spreading rumors, to charter guests no less.  I couldn't stand her throughout the entire episode: the tribbing photoshoot, the sudden moment of clarity that she was cavorting with a bunch of "classholes" (thanks, Kate!) and needing to leave...just, ugh.

I think Kat was being unfair with freezing Amy out--when she came in on Kate and Kat's discussion, that would have been the best time to get it all out in the open.  Kat was accusing Amy of spreading the deets of the liaison with the entire yachting industry, but that's not necessarily true.  The only reason why it came up recently is because Adrienne was playing the runteldat (run and tell that to everyone) game to the guests, not because of Amy.  I agreed with Kate's stance in that Amy should have waited until AFTER the charter was finished to gripe about it, but she could have been a bit more considerate.  Amy, on the other hand, should have focused on her work.

Was Eddie supposed to have stayed on the island with Kat?  He apologized to her for getting back onto the boat once he saw Adrienne, and that kind of sucks if he could have stayed with her.

• Love 1

I'd take Sam and CJ over any of the new people. At least Sam and CJ were somewhat interesting. These new people are boring.

I agree, I didn't like Sam very much and I had an ambivalent attitude about CJ, but I at least found watching their antics on tv to be somewhat entertaining. The Kelley/Jennice/Amy storylines are such a snoooooooozefest. If those 3 fell overboard and never appeared on the show again, I wouldn't mind! (Of course, I'd want them rescued. I don't want them to drown, I just never want to hear anything about any of their lives ever again, ha!)

• Love 1

I think Adrienne suffered from a combination of things in the guys' eyes.  First she did have a horrible way of managing things.  She never seemed to grasp how the show had set her up for failure in regards to Sam and Kat.  And I get a slight chauvinistic vibe from both Eddie and Ben.  So when it came to two females having a conflict and it comes to choosing, they go with the ones more willing to tease and flirt and smirk at how awesome the guys are.  Something Adrienne could not quite bridge in her position.  Plus the one real aspect that came into play was that the annoyance level was raised and any real workload the crew had to bear in the contrived setting of the show was exasperated by Adrienne going cold to hot on matters involving her position of authority over the other girls.  Also both Eddie and Ben seemed to resent anyone who might be laterally their co-worker to pull any type of demands/orders.  Yes Adrienne might have done a bad job of communicating up the chain of command in some ways, but I thought last season, Eddie got a bit snippy with the chief steward trying to run guest relations in terms of meals.  He might rank higher.  But the fact he was so resentful about her trying to run the guests as it were was very unprofessional in my view.  And I also think Eddie is an overrated egotist who was more interested in being more popular with the rest of the crew so Adrienne as unlikable rival worked out better for him carrying over.  After all Eddie got the callback.  Adrienne just got guest starring role (I presume she is limited this season in appearance).

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the production notes sent the cast for this cruise story arc didn't just like "Adrienne returns as a guest on the ship, current cast of crew goes all butt hurt as possible.  Also Amy/Kat history gets full exposition. Have sphincters overworked and ready by 8 am at the docks"