Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 10 "Run the Red Light"

• Start Topic

"Run the Red Light"-Castaways compete for the biggest reward of the season, and an outburst resulting from the reward challenge could lead to a strategic shift in this week's target.  Then, an eerie sense of agreeability around camp causes castaways to second their vote before tribal council.

(edited)

Wait, in the individual challenge didn’t Q’s line just break without him moving his hands? It was in slow-mo and it seemed the line snapped and then they called him out. Am I missing something?

Edited by Tango64
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

Tango64: Everybody's talking about the episode in chat.  I think your questions were answered/addressed in there

Wait a minute. Kenzie had those cutesie dots on her outer eye? How far are they taking the makeup and wardrobe? That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Q is out playing them all. Nobody wants to vote him out and he knows it bc they think it's an easy non vote for him in the finals making the jury only deciding between 2 people instead of 3.

• Like 7
Just now, Haleth said:

Is this the worst cast ever?  Jeff was practically flashing a neon sign saying “TIFF, PLAY YOUR IDOL!” and she ignored it.

If Jeff had to actually signal for it, then maybe Peachy's NEW ERA ain't great TV

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Well that was depressing.  I was really hoping Kenzie would clue Tiffany in, but I guess this was a way for her to act like she had no knowledge of her going and still get her and her idol out (assuming she was acting at TC as the vote was read).  I feel like Ben and Q practically gave the plan away and she still didn't catch on.  I liked her.  I'm running out of people to root for.  After that secret scene that was posted of Ben and Maria I'm just not behind her anymore.  I think her empathy towards Q is all an act.

But I think Charlie is one to watch.  I know he and Maria are a duo but I think he’s going to make a very convincing FTC argument to the jury about his game if he makes it.  Maria's game is being shown more and she's all about making big moves, but she's talking about it.  Charlie seems to be more in the background, maybe truly pulling the strings.  I didn’t expect to be rooting for him at the start of the season, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him win.

Let’s get the real excitement of the episode.  The part sponsored by Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood.  I feel sorry for Liz, to an extent.  She poured her heart out about why Applebee’s is important to her, and I think Q made it seem like for a split second he was going to take her and then chose Kenzie.  At the same time, as someone who's a so-called superfan, she knew what she was getting into.  She could have easily asked production if they made accommodations for people with allergies.  And if she did and they said no, she could have bowed out.  If anyone’s game got blown up because of Q, it was Tiffany.  She’s the real victim here.  One who should have played her idol, but still, Q blew up her game all because she was playing her own game and not listening to him.  And now he's just trudging along because he's no longer a threat.  I can see why Maria thinks he's a good number.  And I still Liz has no idea how truly on the bottom she is.

I wish Kenzie had clued Tiffany in and hadn’t been pushing so hard for her to go.  She definitely seemed to be having second thoughts and I’m not sure why she thought it was a good move in the first place.  

Overall, a meh episode that didn't live up to the hype that was in the promos and by the cast (outside of Liz's outburst I guess).  I did think it was funny how Venus seemed like she was going to give her a hug and then decided it wasn't a good idea.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 10
(edited)

I know blindsides are part of the game but I don't have to be happy about it at the moment. People blowing kisses and saying I love you guy's, F that I'm going Tupac Hit'em up style. I'd come to my senses later on but at that moment I don't wanna hear from non of ya'll as I'm walking out.

Edited by Brown44
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
Just now, Rodney said:

And with that, all three people who worked hard to find the idols get voted out with them in their pockets.  First Jem, then Hunter, and now Tiffany.

Few of them knew Hunter had an idol, why didn't they look for one?

• Like 2

I'm sure Liz is a rather decent person in real life.  The fact is that there are a ton more worse people in life than Liz.

That being said, this show may not have been for her.  Maybe going on a race around the world would've been a better call.

Liz's comp is Danielle.  You want the positives but can't take the heat.  While big moves is key, how you handle it is important too.  In addition, eating is important, but maybe sign up for Top Level Chef or Kitchen Nightmares in lieu of Survivor next time.

At the end of the day, Liz's behavior isn't new, but this is in the moment material.  There are people that are worse off than her, both in the show's history & in real life.  I'd probably struggle too, but I'd die trying to fight through it.  Otherwise, I'd be out of the game.  But not only are there people in a worse spot on Planet Earth, they didn't even get a chance to be on television.  Heck, they didn't even get 15 seconds on the dame radio!

If Liz is ever on the show again, I think she'd be able to handle things better, but after about a quarter century of Survivor, you have to know that there are other options to be on TV (or not) where you don't have to suffer for not being about to eat or even drink

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, Brown44 said:

Few of them knew Hunter had an idol, why didn't they look for one?

I know Hunter told a few people before they went to TC  last week but I don’t remember who? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I know Hunter told a few people before they went to TC  last week but I don’t remember who? 

He told Kenzie, for sure.

• Like 2

Q wins reward and doesn't take Liz. He never had a connection with Liz, I didn't expect him to. If she has that many allergies,why play this game? I don't think I would.
Another person goes home with an idol and a blindside. , Congratulations  Maria, and Congratulations Charlie winning Immunity.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

First episode I didn't watch live, and I fast-forwarded it in about 20 minutes. Just stopped long enough to watch Liz's meltdown and the aftermath. Buzzed right through the dumb challenges and the chit chat at tribal and skipped right to the vote. And Q lives to see another day, so I won't be watching live next week either. I can't remember the last season I disliked this much. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It was shocking tonight to discover at some point we crossed over into an alternate universe where the paint by numbers food at Applebee's is the be all, end all of existence.

A ninety-minute Applebee's commercial presided over by a moron. Liz do you want to tell me where you thought you were going CLUB MED maybe?

Like him or hate him Q has no reason to give a damn about you or your kid he's never met (who for all we know was home eating the Burgers with a BFF the whole time Liz was gaslighting everyone hiding the fact she was a psycho in goat's clothing.

I will say watching the last bit of Liz's sanity flicker out after the joy of watching her sobbing over a greasy burger was worth the entire season of Bhanu and all the other shenanigans. Easily the best moment of the season.

Is there one person on the entire planet who doesn't believe Probst will play the Melt Down clip for laughs at the reunion show when he gives Liz the token sixty seconds, he allots all the castaways that don't interest him. You could actually put money down on this and win.

Oh Tiff...and all the others who went through all the trouble to get an idol and then only to go home with it in your pocket. What a waste made only worse by the fact the reburied idol could be found by someone I don't like next episode and be used to propel them to the end. Anyway, you could almost see the target growing on her back the whole time she stood there completely immobile during the challenge.

Is it...is it possible this is the first episode all season with nary a puzzle in sight?!

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
48 minutes ago, Brown44 said:

I know blindsides are part of the game but I don't have to be happy about it at the moment. People blowing kisses and saying I love you guy's, F that I'm going Tupac Hit'em up style. I'd come to my senses later on but at that moment I don't hear from non of ya'll as I'm walking out.

I'd be even more bitter, I would have rubbed it into Liz all the wonderful things I was gonna go eat and say that I hoped her jar of rice got broken.  I'd also tell Maria her big move sucked and I'd remember that when I was on the jury and in the jury house.  Of course, I would have to know who voted for me to pull that off lol  

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

My only takeaway from this episode is a reminder that I think Applebees is total trash. Probably not what they were going for.

I've been to 2 Applebee's locations. Both had a weird mold/mildew smell when you walk in the door. No thanks.  

I'm finding it hard to believe that two of the survivor contestants make weekly trips to Applebee's. It's not some trendy, newer place. The chain has been around for 30 + years.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I can understand how Applebee's seems like the greatest food in the world if I've only been eating unseasoned rice, coconuts and possibly fish (if any was caught).

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'd be even more bitter, I would have rubbed it into Liz all the wonderful things I was gonna go eat and say that I hoped her jar of rice got broken. 

What made me chuckle was Tiff being like "we didn't touch the burger" 😂

I would have reloaded that Applebee's burger that I didn't touch and added the giant burger I'm gonna have at Ponderosa.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

I can't understand how Applebee's exists as a food chain.  That's just me since I can cook.  Plus, when Chick F La is an option and someone had to eat out, there are other options.

Speaking of options, I think I'd take the option of simply walking out of TC if I lost.  Saying it's awesome to get blindsided is insulting to people that didn't make it onto Survivor.  I don't need for someone to cause a scene, but I need to see a little fire or some pain for losing.  Show that you care more than people like me who can't understand why you'd bother to obtain a hidden immunity idol to use as a Ponderosa poker card protector before playing it to advance in the game

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'd be even more bitter, I would have rubbed it into Liz all the wonderful things I was gonna go eat and say that I hoped her jar of rice got broken.  I'd also tell Maria her big move sucked and I'd remember that when I was on the jury and in the jury house.  Of course, I would have to know who voted for me to pull that off lol

What happened in the last 10 years of Survivor? I remembered in the earlier year's people got upset when they got voted out and it wasn't even a blindside. Now people standup grab there pole say "I love you guy's", they say "l love you" back and smile at Jeff happy to see him take out your flame, then turn around and say "bye guy's". Me, I'm throwing the middle finger and saying "f all ya'll, you too Jeff, now hurry up so I can go get me something to eat."

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Is this the worst cast ever?  Jeff was practically flashing a neon sign saying “TIFF, PLAY YOUR IDOL!” and she ignored it.

Lol, I mean seriously. I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass off. Jeff did everything but outright tell Tiffany that they were planning a blindside against her. Literally every other word out of his mouth was blindside and I kept willing him to shut UP about it because obviously Tiffany was gonna get suspicious. I don't know how she didn't clue in and go ahead and play it just in case. No great loss for me as the smug was just too high with her.

• Like 22
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Well, Venus is still here 😂

I was surprised she acted like she knew about the plan to blindside Hunter, or at least that's the way it came across when she was talking to Liz (who was belly-aching for being left out of the vote for once and not that someone stole her moment).  I guess now with all of Nami gone she's even more of an afterthought.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Maya said:

Q deserves to win the whole thing for not taking Liz on that reward. Go Q!

Q basically told Liz "F yo feelings."

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 13

Depressing episode. I felt bad for Liz. I can understand Q making his choices, though. And then Liz had that OUTBURST. Over Applebee’s. This game really has gotten absurd, hasn’t it? I’m on Liz’s side, though, and I’m thankful she didn’t ask anyone to burp in her mouth. Carolyn.

Oh, and Tiffany doesn’t play her idol. Dummy! I’m telling you, if the next season hasn’t been filmed yet, everyone there will be playing idols immediately. Having three people fuck that up doesn’t speak well of the casting for this season. Having someone as chaotic as Q in there is the frosting on the shitty, shitty cake . . . which Liz probably can’t eat. As least she got her own rice, and it didn’t cost her in the end. I hope the container is shatterproof, because we don’t need another tantrum.

In the end, I just blame Probst for everything. It seems to be appropriate to do.

• Like 8

Sad to see Tiffany go. One of my favorites. I don't care for Liz, or her food alergies or her temper trantum about not getting picked to join the reward of Applebee's in which is a tradition for her and her daughter every Wednesday when Survivor is on. 

Not one of my favorite episodes, though I loved Venus "manifesting" for Q to drop in the immunity challenge.

All in all, Venus is still in the game and I'm loving it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Wait, in the individual challenge didn’t Q’s line just break without him moving his hands? It was in slow-mo and it seemed the line snapped and then they called him out. Am I missing something?

It didn’t break. The end of the rope was just hooked around a small wooden knob. Once it unwound all the way the hook slipped off so it would be able to fall loose to the ground.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
3 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Charlie talking about exercising his hand and forearm to strengthen his grip sent my mind to a very bad place. 

Haha you're funny - but I do love when a contestant has practiced for things!

• Like 7
58 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Hey Liz, maybe if you are allergic to all foods found on Survivor, don’t fucking go on Survivor!

Idiot. Zero sympathy for you! 

I understand that, but shouldn’t the casting people get the majority of the blame? Maybe Liz applied and left out the allergies, and the production didn’t press her about it. Between Liz, Q,  Bhanu, Jelinsky, the three people who went out with idols, and whatever other irritants that I’m not considering, I would think people would get fired. They’ll probably get promotions because Probst gets hard by the insanity these wild cards bring.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

I understand that, but shouldn’t the casting people get the majority of the blame? Maybe Liz applied and left out the allergies, and the production didn’t press her about it.

I doubt she left it out. She seems very open about her dietary restrictions. Liz seems like a rational enough person to inform production of that so that she could survive the season, literally. I think production knew about her dietary restrictions and still casted her. I'm assuming they thought as long as rice was available, she would be good. Liz clearly thought she could handle it.

• Like 4

About that Applebees place.  Never been there.  But seeing that gross looking food they were eating would cause me to become a vegetarian if I wasn't already one.

I kind of doubt many non-vegetarians like it that much either.

• Like 2