Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E0 • Where Are They Now: To Hurt or to Heal

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Denver singles unite but the marriage drama endures, as clear divisions are drawn between the men and the women; one couple revisits their chemistry to see if it's worth rekindling.

And with this, MAFS season 17 is DONE

Air date: 4/24/24

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

Just from the title it sounds like the women are not letting go of their anger.  I have been in much longer relationships than what the Denver couples had and I never had this level of anger/hatred (well, maybe for a week or two...).  Why are they holding on to their anger so hard and so long?  Why are they trying so hard to portray themselves as victims when their relationships ended between two days and eight weeks (and most of them were finished well before that)?

And perhaps my bigger question is why are the men still participating?  Are the contracts that punitive that everyone feels like they have to show up?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

one couple revisits their chemistry to see if it's worth rekindling.

No. No it's not. Whoever it is, no.

I wonder if this is a bit misleading in terms of a description in that we saw Michael and Lauren interacting during the the promo in the tell-all part 2. I thought those two might work and I'd be curious to see what they think. But since they weren't an original pairing, it would be misleading to speak of "rekindling" something... unless maybe they vibed when they were with their respective spouses and we didn't see that on the show?

• Like 3

This is only a show now with 'actors' and that's why they go on and on!  The relationships that never were are being beaten to death for clicks and commercial money.

They all are looking like really bad partners and people.  I hope the money they are being paid is worth it.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

The first time I saw the title, I thought it said, "To HURL or to Heal," and I sure know which applies to me.

That seems way more accurate.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/19/2024 at 1:26 PM, seacliffsal said:

Just from the title it sounds like the women are not letting go of their anger.  I have been in much longer relationships than what the Denver couples had and I never had this level of anger/hatred (well, maybe for a week or two...).  Why are they holding on to their anger so hard and so long?  Why are they trying so hard to portray themselves as victims when their relationships ended between two days and eight weeks (and most of them were finished well before that)?

And perhaps my bigger question is why are the men still participating?  Are the contracts that punitive that everyone feels like they have to show up?

Because the pinks were publicly humiliated by the boys rejecting and not finding them attractive on national TV, I am not sure of Lauren's reason.

the boys keep trying to prove they were not villains 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 10:26 AM, seacliffsal said:

Just from the title it sounds like the women are not letting go of their anger.

Our angel, Emily, says that having hate is a good thing. 😇Chloe seemed a bit angry at Lauren for possibly snagging her man.  The men looked defeated.

Edited by Gator Stud
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

The men looked defeated.

Probably they, like us, keep expecting the season to end, only to find out they have to show up for another week! 😂😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
On 4/19/2024 at 1:26 PM, seacliffsal said:

Sometimes a so-called support group isn't very therapeutic because it only keeps its members stuck in an arrested emotional state as they continue to grind the same axe over and over again with each other.  Their continued harping on their grievances only keeps them in that state and unable to move on, especially if that's what brought them together in the first place.

Also, with the show refusing to let this season die the participants are continually brought right back into the same negative feelings over and over again and can't move on.  How many months has it been and they're still being forced into talking about the experience with their exes sitting right across from them?  To them their experiences (and therefore their relationships) haven't ended so it's no wonder their anger and hatred hasn't subsided as of the date of these episodes.

As to the men showing up, perhaps the contract is ironclad on them being a part of these episodes but maybe they also think it will help their cause to defend their images.  Who knows?

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Sometimes a so-called support group isn't very therapeutic because it only keeps its members stuck in an arrested emotional state as they continue to grind the same axe over and over again with each other.  Their continued harping on their grievances only keeps them in that state and unable to move on, especially if that's what brought them together in the first place.

I’ve been in a couple of groups for parents of children with a particular illness and they are helpful… But one thing they have all had in common is that the children were at all different stages of healing. This enables more experienced parents to see how far their kids have come and provide wisdom and hope to the newer parents. Newer parents benefit from the lived experience of the more experienced parents. Also all the groups I’ve been in have an experienced, if not professional, facilitator to keep the group on task. 

These folks, while not in a formal support group, are all at the same stage of “grief” in their relationships. They don’t seem to be helping one another but rather just fueling each other’s anger and disappointment. Honestly I feel like none of these people should stay in touch with each other going forward. Certainly Denver is big enough for all of them?

• Like 10

IOW, it's like they're in some Off-Off Broadway production of "MAFS, MFS!"

I love me some theater but I'll pass on this.

I thought the color was a little too bright, but I did love Clareapist's big, cozy pink turtleneck. I love a giant sweater on a cold day and if that was a few shades lighter, I'd be all over it. I do think her hair looks better without the light streaks. 

And weirdly, though I myself could not pull off the look, I liked Chloe's fitted, vibrant colored dress from her evening having drinks with Cesar. She wore it well. I would look like a refugee from the 70's (which I kind of am, but not in a good way). 

• LOL 2

These women donated their wedding dresses to a charity organization. They should have also donated their loud and outrageous(pink) reunion show dresses. Memo to Emily and Clare. The tattoos you both got will cost you a pretty hefty chunk of change to have them removed with a Laser.

• Like 5
(edited)

For a bunch of "healed" "happy" "highest version of themselves" women, these girls are still BIG pissed. 

You take me somewhere to drink unsweet chocolate, listen to a woman say random words, and then rub a stick on a bowl, we’re throwing hands. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 2
  • LOL 11

So Emily’s 50% is better than most people’s 100%. At least, according to….Emily. Damn, I’m glad she’s working on herself and her own self awareness. 

1 hour ago, APK said:

Chloe's obsession with disabled animals has gotten annoying and I'm a dog lover myself.

I have 5 rescue cats in my house, 3 of them on the couch with me right now, and I want her to shut the hell up. 

• Like 6

Chloe's obsession with disabled animals has gotten annoying and I'm a dog lover myself.

Eh - I'm ok with it. My daughter volunteers at a sanctuary like that and she loves it (and it's been good for her). I am in love with Eleanor, the dog that was with Chloe at the beginning of the episode.

So Emily’s 50% is better than most people’s 100%. At least, according to….Emily. Damn, I’m glad she’s working on herself and her own self awareness. 

That whole scene made me uncomfortable. Even though Emily obviously gave consent for it to be filmed, I just feel like it was unethical and definitely not a genuine therapy session. I also wondered if Emily was filmed with her therapist because she doesn't have any female friends remaining (which is who they usually film with) besides the show friends.

I also liked Clareapist's beige turtleneck that she wore during the tattoo scene. We don't have much in common but Clare and I do share a love of the big cozy sweater.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

This was definitely the Chloe and Michael redemption episode for me. Chloe got a bit of a kooky edit this season with the hyperfocus on the 5 foster kiddos and 7,250 disabled animals, but this episode showed her to be an absolute gem. She and Michael still have incredible chemistry. It’s a shame that they didn’t give it a shot, but I guess animal sanctuary life isn’t for Michael and if they come out of this with a great friendship, then that’s still a win for them.

As for the she said, she said between Chloe and Lauren, I think Chloe blocked all the women because of their toxic behavior and Lauren made up a justification that it was over Michael. Lauren seemed to have built up in her mind that “the people” want them together so it’s meant to be, but I didn’t see that on Michael’s end, other than him being a bit flirtatious by nature, as he is with Chloe, too. But I also don’t necessarily believe that one of the women “created a burner Facebook account” to bully Chloe. There are plenty of crazed fans out there, not to mention the 30 and under crowd would more likely bully over Instagram, Tik Tok, or X/Twitter. Leave the FB bullying to the Boomers and maybe Gen X.

Emily’s therapist maybe should have been a bit more emphatic with pointing out there’s a fine line between self-esteem and narcissism. I like being number one and my 50% is better than everyone else’s 100%. Okaaaaay. Not to mention doubling down that it’s “healthy” to still be this angry over Brennan. Why isn’t her therapist bestie helping her work through this? Is it because she’s still angry, too (albeit on a much smaller scale)? At least Lauren and Becca have let go of a lot of the men haters club hoopla. I mean, I guess Lauren was still talking some smack about Orion. But you can tell Becca was just hurt and sad/disappointed more than angry all along. The guys and Chloe seem to all just want to move on and put this in their past with some lessons learned. Cam and Brennan both had looks of trepidation and shell shock when they were forced to show up for their one appearance at the animal sanctuary, but I guess I don’t blame them for being worried that they were walking into another trap to be attacked. Austin seemed ready to take accountability for his actions and even admitted going on the date with the producer and lying about it.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

For a bunch of "healed" "happy" "highest version of themselves" women, these girls are still BIG pissed. 

You take me somewhere to drink unsweet chocolate, listen to a woman say random words, and then rub a stick on a bowl, we’re throwing hands. 

This show has changed direction.  I want to see courtship, love togetherness.  I don’t want to see weird guys, tattoos, the moon and the stars on the carpet.  All I see is negativity, drinking, and weird conversations spewing out of their mouths.  So out of here.  Yuk.

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know why the show thinks seeing more of these people is going to make people watch the show. It's only making me want to watch it less.  I hate most of these people more with every episode.  Get over yourselves and STFU already.  You're not as great as you think you are. 

I don't know why these people should feel like they have to hang out with their former spouses anyway.  After decision day it should be OK to move on and not have to relive the experience over and over again.  This show is just greedy trying to keep it going when it should be long over.

And I don't like the catty way Chloe, Michael and Austin were talking down about the other women.  They may have a point, but if they think that makes them look better than them they are wrong.  They are just as bad as the pink squad for acting that way. 

I don't think Chloe and Michael are so mature.  They think they are but they're just phonies.  They were never really into each other and so it's easy for them to be nice to each other.  I've been saying that all along.  They're just lauding it over the women to look above them. 

And Chloe, just stop pushing Austin and his roommate together.  I hate when people push opposite sex friends together.

I also don't like what Chloe did to Lauren for following Michael on SM.  She is as juvenile as the rest, just a phony and acting like she's above it all.  I actually would believe Lauren over her on that issue.  I have never bought anything out of Chloe's mouth all season and I still have great respect for Lauren even though she banded with the juvenile pink squad.  I get it.  She is more mature than them but she empathized with their plight having gone through something similar herself with "O-liar".

I don't think the shit talking from Cameron looks good on him.  The men talk about the women but they don't look good doing it.  He is one to talk about the women being "toxic" and only caring about "optics".  Does he own a mirror?  He's always flipping the script!

Emily and her "therapist" - I'm not buying it.  He doesn't talk like any real therapist, just a friend.  Maybe he's one of her "dates" who volunteered to act the part of a therapist for her to show how she's trying to move on from the experience.   I wonder if the show or Clarapist put her up to that since she probably has no friends left other than the pink posse.  Maybe he's one of Clarapist's therapist friends that she lent her to film that segment!

I don't like how Michael and Chloe are redefining getting married as a "great experience".  It just makes me think it was not for real or for keeps for either of them from the start.  If it's just another bucket list "experience" the show loses its value and purpose to marry people for life.  Why watch it then?  I'm not interested in seeing singles have the time of their lives and not really find love. 

I still don't believe for one minute believe that Chloe or Michael were really invested in finding a spouse.  They just wanted the experience.  I was saying that all season.  I think it's great that they can be friends but I think they're showing that off in the face of the others' trauma and hurt feelings.  Good for them if they have no hurt feelings but they shouldn't gloat about it and judge the others for not being ready for that.  The other women had some legitimate beefs with the men.  I think the women do want to heal but their experiences were much more hurtful so it will take longer.  The way the others act about them shows how little they were invested in their relationships or their marriages.  For all their faults and immaturity, at least the "pink posse" took it seriously.

It does look like the pink posse is making slow progress toward healing and getting beyond their grievances.  I do think it will happen but slower than the others because they were really all-in on this and felt very hurt, unlike the others.  And in my opinion that was understandable.  It was obvious to me that the other women know that Emily is immature and is reacting like a high school girl to her first boyfriend.  But I think it is nice that they are being empathic about that and only teasing her in friendship about it, not snarking on her and putting her down.  Good on them for that.  I actually think she might benefit from their input on that if they continue to be honest with her about her progress.  So there is some hope that they will actually help each other to heal instead of staying stuck in their grievances.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know why the show thinks seeing more of these people is going to make people watch the show. It's only making me want to watch it less.  I hate most of these people more with every episode.  Get over yourselves and STFU already.  You're not as great as you think you are. 

And I don't like the catty way Chloe, Michael and Austin were talking down about the other women.  They may have a point, but if they think that makes them look better than them they are wrong.  They are just as bad as the pink squad for acting that way. 

I don't know why these people should feel like they have to hang out with their former spouses.  I mean after decision day it should be OK to move on and not have to relive the experience over and over again.  This show is just greedy trying to keep it going when it should be long over.

And Chloe, just stop pushing Austin and his roommate together.  I hate when people push opposite sex friends together.

I don't think Chloe and Michael are so mature.  They think they are but they're just phonies.  They were never really into each other and so it's easy for them to be nice to each other.  I've been saying that all along.  I also don't like what she did to Lauren for following Michael on SM.  She is as juvenile as the rest, just a phony and acting like she's above it all.  I actually would believe Lauren over her on that issue.  I have never bought anything out of Chloe's mouth all season and I still have great respect for Lauren even though she banded with the pink squad.  I get it.  She is more mature than them but she empathized with their plight.

I don't think the shit talking from Cameron looks good on him.  The men talk about the women but they don't look good doing it.  He is one to talk about the being "toxic" and only caring about "optics".  Does he own a mirror?

Emily and her "therapist" - I'm not buying it.  He doesn't talk like any real therapist, just a friend.  Maybe he's one of her "dates" who volunteered to act the part of a therapist for her to show how she's trying to move on from the experience.  I wonder if the show put her up to that since she probably has no friends left other than the pink posse.

I don't like how Michael and Chloe are redefining getting married as a "great experience".  It just makes me think it was not for real or for keeps for either of them from the start.  If it's just another bucket list "experience" it loses its value as a show to marry people for life.  Why watch it then?  I'm not interested in seeing singles have the time of their lives and not really find love.  I still don't believe for one minute believe that Chloe or Michael were really invested in finding a husband.  They just wanted the experience.  I was saying that all season.  I think it's great that they can be friends but I think they're showing that off in the face of the others' trauma and hurt feelings.  Good for them if they have no hurt feelings but they shouldn't gloat about it and judge the others for not being ready for that.  The other women had some legitimate beefs with the men.  I think the women do want to heal but their experiences were much more hurtful so it will take longer.  The way the others act about them shows how little they were invested in their relationships or their marriages.  For all their faults and immaturity, at least the "pink posse" took it seriously.

It does look like the pink posse is making slow progress toward healing and getting beyond their grievances.  I do think it will happen but slower than the others because they were really all-in on this and felt very hurt, unlike the others.  And in my opinion that was understandable.  It was obvious to me that the other women know that Emily is immature and is reacting like a high school girl to her first boyfriend.  But I think it is nice that they are being empathic about that and only teasing her in friendship about it, not snarking on her and putting her down.  Good on them for that.  I actually think she might benefit from their input on that if they continue to be honest with her about her progress.  So there is some hope that they will actually help each other to heal instead of staying stuck in their grievances.

huh, i don't see ANY progress in the mean girl gang - it's going to take a long time for them to realize they build negative energy off of each other

i'd hang out with Chloe and the guys any day over any of the whiny women

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, cinsays said:

huh, i don't see ANY progress in the mean girl gang - it's going to take a long time for them to realize they build negative energy off of each other

i'd hang out with Chloe and the guys any day over any of the whiny women

I'd rather hang out with slightly immature people that are genuine and getting over hurt feelings than stuck up phonies that think they're better than them.  But that's just me, and maybe Lauren too.

I did see progress in the women in the final scene with them together.  It gave me some hope that they are headed in the right direction.  Emily is the slowest one but that IMO is understandable and I think the others have empathy for her.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know why these people should feel like they have to hang out with their former spouses.  After decision day it should be OK to move on and not have to relive the experience over and over again.  This show is just greedy trying to keep it going when it should be long over.

I don't think Chloe and Michael are so mature.  They think they are but they're just phonies.  They were never really into each other and so it's easy for them to be nice to each other.  I've been saying that all along.  They're just lauding it over the women to look above them. 

I also don't like what Chloe did to Lauren for following Michael on SM.  She is as juvenile as the rest, just a phony and acting like she's above it all.  I actually would believe Lauren over her on that issue.  I have never bought anything out of Chloe's mouth all season and I still have great respect for Lauren even though she banded with the juvenile pink squad.  I get it.  She is more mature than them but she empathized with their plight having gone through something similar herself with "O-liar".

I don't think the shit talking from Cameron looks good on him.  The men talk about the women but they don't look good doing it.  He is one to talk about the being "toxic" and only caring about "optics".  Does he own a mirror?  He's always flipping the script!

Emily and her "therapist" - I'm not buying it.  He doesn't talk like any real therapist, just a friend.  Maybe he's one of her "dates" who volunteered to act the part of a therapist for her to show how she's trying to move on from the experience.   I wonder if the show or Clarapist put her up to that since she probably has no friends left other than the pink posse.  Maybe he's one of Clarapist's therapist friends that she lent her to film that segment!

I don't like how Michael and Chloe are redefining getting married as a "great experience".  It just makes me think it was not for real or for keeps for either of them from the start.  If it's just another bucket list "experience" the show loses its value and purpose to marry people for life.  Why watch it then?  I'm not interested in seeing singles have the time of their lives and not really find love. 

I still don't believe for one minute believe that Chloe or Michael were really invested in finding a spouse.  They just wanted the experience.  I was saying that all season.  I think it's great that they can be friends but I think they're showing that off in the face of the others' trauma and hurt feelings.  Good for them if they have no hurt feelings but they shouldn't gloat about it and judge the others for not being ready for that.  The other women had some legitimate beefs with the men.  I think the women do want to heal but their experiences were much more hurtful so it will take longer.  The way the others act about them shows how little they were invested in their relationships or their marriages.  For all their faults and immaturity, at least the "pink posse" took it seriously.

Right on all counts.  

• Applause 2
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

But I also don’t necessarily believe that one of the women “created a burner Facebook account” to bully Chloe. There are plenty of crazed fans out there, not to mention the 30 and under crowd would more likely bully over Instagram, Tik Tok, or X/Twitter. Leave the FB bullying to the Boomers and maybe Gen X.

Gen X here 🙂- There is a MAFS Facebook Group where someone with Emily's name has made comments defending herself..... So I assumed that Chloe was referring to Emily...  

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Emily’s therapist maybe should have been a bit more emphatic with pointing out there’s a fine line between self-esteem and narcissism. I like being number one and my 50% is better than everyone else’s 100%. Okaaaaay. Not to mention doubling down that it’s “healthy” to still be this angry over Brennan. Why isn’t her therapist bestie helping her work through this? Is it because she’s still angry, too (albeit on a much smaller scale)? At least Lauren and Becca have let go of a lot of the men haters club hoopla.

The more I think about it the more I think Emily's "therapist" is one of Clarapist's therapist friends.  I have a feeling that Clarapist has taken Emily on as her little pet therapy project and that might not be a bad thing if she has referred her to an actual therapist that wouldn't appear on this show.  It does look to me like Clarapist has moved on somewhat and isn't as bitter anymore (same for Becca) and is probably encouraging Emily to work on her issues before she attempts another committed relationship.  I don't think it was any accident that Emily talked about her "daddy issues" and how Brennan's way with her (and rejection of her as a person) triggered her big time.  I see a lot in that admission, including potential reasons why she's avoided getting too emotionally close to any men so far in her life.  If she's as far along as that, I see that as progress and so perhaps she is coming along and Clarapist's influence has now turned into one of helping her instead of encouraging her to stay stuck in her hurt/anger phase.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2

I thought the animal sanctuary looked over-crowded without much room for the animals to graze, run, etc.  I'm glad people want to help discarded/old animals, but they need to work on increasing the facilities/land area IMO.

I am on Chloe's 'side' in the Chloe/Lauren issue.  I think that Lauren all season has seen herself as a wise oracle for the others due to her unending platitudes and insertion of self into the marriages of others.  She was done after two days and yet has prolonger her hurt and anger as long as the other women have.  I agree with an above poster that Chloe blocked them all and Lauren took it personally so that, once again, she could be the wise oracle.  I know Lauren is really liked on this forum and that I have an unpopular opinion.  But that's what so great about the forum-we don't all have to share the same opinions.

I am still bemused by the fact that so many of these participants so up to almost all of these events.  Must be the lure of being on t.v. (and, in fact, I think the reason the women are so angry is that they were 'rejected' on t.v. [one of them even mentioned that in one of their meetings]), or the ongoing paycheck.  

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I thought the animal sanctuary looked over-crowded without much room for the animals to graze, run, etc.  I'm glad people want to help discarded/old animals, but they need to work on increasing the facilities/land area IMO.

They may have pretty extensive pasture land and just puled the animals in for filming?

I am on Chloe's 'side' in the Chloe/Lauren issue.  I think that Lauren all season has seen herself as a wise oracle for the others due to her unending platitudes and insertion of self into the marriages of others.

I hadn't thought about it before now, but Lauren did sort of lose her place as the most mature in the female group when Chloe arrived. I wonder if that caused friction between them - or at least from Lauren to Chloe?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

That was hot mess!

So this was the first season to have the "where are they now show" without Kevin F. and not even in the studio. Guess there was entire too much of them with the two reunion shows in the studio.

Can there be a worse season??

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Rightside said:

That was hot mess!

Can there be a worse season??

Unfortunately, I think that, yes, there can be a worse season because the producers seem to love all of this drama...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Good grief this Emily has a high opinion of herself. She is a nasty mean spirited person. She also keeps saying she’s hot. What an endearing quality. Have another shot why don’t you?
How disgusting that the women iced Chloe out. They are constantly rambling on in therapy speak about their stupid truths and other bullshit yet they purposely shut out and made one of their own feel like crap. It’s scary that one is a therapist to young people.
Michael looks better with short hair.  Becca still won’t give up that pink hair.  
I see why Austin wears a hat so much. His hair is puffy and odd.
That healing crap that Orion organized was silly but Chloe’s event at the rescue was nice. How sweet that all the dudes showed up. You know the pink posse would never do something that charitable.

I still have to finish the episode.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
20 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I laughed in agreement at this post yesterday, then watched the show today and found out it was the guys doing this! 🤣. The bolded part is what Cameron and Brennan said to each other on the phone when they decided to skip it 😂

I'm glad that Orion learned he has to be more clear with his words.  Maybe the next time he deliberately baits someone into saying a word he finds so offensive he needs several hours alone time afterwards to decompress, followed by announcing that he can never, ever, ever forgive the use of said word, he'll be more clear in advance.  Fucker.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1

I see why Austin wears a hat so much. His hair is puffy and odd.

Couldn't he just get a decent haircut?

rub a stick on a bowl

FWIW, it does sound really pretty.

drink unsweet chocolate

That's cacao ;) And it's where they lost me on that outing. Unsweetened chocolate is bitter.

• Like 4

Well our nation nightmare is finally over!

Do we watch the next season back in Chicago or shall we predict another 0-5 season?

Anyone want to bet?? I'm exhausted. 😫

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Do we watch the next season back in Chicago or shall we predict another 0-5 season?

I'll watch. Maybe I will try to hold myself to a higher standard and say I'll check out if it starts to look as bad as Denver? I didn't watch the first MAFS Chicago and I'd like to see that city so...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I’ll watch. I do wish they would take more time finding and matching people who want to get married more than they want to be on tv. I think they are churning the seasons out too quickly. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Chloe won this whole season! the queen among the guys! However much she can irritate me, I love to see it, since she got the last word.  The other women must be furious.

Re Emily--I have heard that narcissists are very hard to treat in therapy, almost impossible.  And that scene we saw, if it was real, was evidence of how that works.  Therapy is not just about feeling fantastic about yourself.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I wouldn’t mind seeing Chloe as the Bachelorette as a future cast member. At least the guys are forewarned about her future dreams and it would be a nice break from the twenty set but not reaching in the Golden era.  Doubtful she would want to unless she really is an actress in that case I wouldn’t want her. 

On another note, I hope to never hear the word “optics” on this or any other reality show again. Frankly, I don’t even like it IRL. 

• Like 3

I’m in Vancouver Canada with Shaw, now Rogers, we didn’t get this episode, we got two super fans discussing their best and worst of the entire series. Odd I know but I think I needed a break. 😀

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I am on Chloe's 'side' in the Chloe/Lauren issue.  I think that Lauren all season has seen herself as a wise oracle for the others due to her unending platitudes and insertion of self into the marriages of others.  She was done after two days and yet has prolonger her hurt and anger as long as the other women have.  I agree with an above poster that Chloe blocked them all and Lauren took it personally so that, once again, she could be the wise oracle.  I know Lauren is really liked on this forum and that I have an unpopular opinion.  But that's what so great about the forum-we don't all have to share the same opinions.

I pegged Chloe early on as a phony and I still believe that.  If anyone is into "optics" it's her.  She kept herself apart from the others and is now blaming it on them to look better than them, to steal back all the attention and support from the audience because she probably didn't think she got enough of it next to the pink posse. 

If the other women had kept her out we would have seen some evidence of that on the screen.  She never acted like they were ostracizing her in front of them.  In fact it looked like she didn't want to be a part of them because their fight was not her fight and she looked down on them for their behavior. And would the show refrain from using that as drama if it happened?  I doubt it. 

I think she stole Lauren's position from her on purpose.  She kept herself away from the pink posse because she knew it would make her look above them.  People were saying that all season, not just me.  She took advantage of the fact that Lauren stuck by the others to make herself look like the one that was above all the women.  I don't buy her for one minute.  She said some nasty things about the women behind their backs in this episode but they never had ONE bad thing to say about her except when Lauren revealed what happened between them and even then Lauren didn't insult her, just told the story.  Every time Chloe has been on screen with the other women the energy from them to her is benign but she looks like the one who is holding herself back.  So I don't buy her AT ALL.  She is hiding a lot of nastiness under that phony exterior.  There is not one genuine bone in her body.  She strikes me as the real narcissist here.  It's definitely not Lauren.  YMMV.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Chloe comes off as way too polished and rehearsed.  Very Stepford Wife to me.  She keeps talking about a sanctuary of tons of disabled animals and 5 foster teens- does she have a martyr complex? Does she want to be seen as an amazing person? Something is off to me about all of this. 

• Like 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I pegged Chloe early on as a phony and I still believe that.  If anyone is into "optics" it's her.  She kept herself apart from the others and is now blaming it on them to look better than them, to steal back all the attention and support from the audience because she probably didn't think she got enough of it next to the pink posse. 

If the other women had kept her out we would have seen some evidence of that on the screen.  She never acted like they were ostracizing her in front of them.  In fact it looked like she didn't want to be a part of them because their fight was not her fight and she looked down on them for their behavior. And would the show refrain from using that as drama if it happened?  I doubt it. 

I think she stole Lauren's position from her on purpose.  She kept herself away from the pink posse because she knew it would make her look above them.  People were saying that all season, not just me.  She took advantage of the fact that Lauren stuck by the others to make herself look like the one that was above all the women.  I don't buy her for one minute.  She said some nasty things about the women behind their backs in this episode but they never had ONE bad thing to say about her except when Lauren revealed what happened between them and even then Lauren didn't insult her, just told the story.  Every time Chloe has been on screen with the other women the energy from them to her is benign but she looks like the one who is holding herself back.  So I don't buy her AT ALL.  She is hiding a lot of nastiness under that phony exterior.  There is not one genuine bone in her body.  She strikes me as the real narcissist here.  It's definitely not Lauren.  YMMV.

I am also confused how Chloe, who spent the whole episode bashing the other women, is somehow beloved while the Pepto brigade is still getting raked over the coals. With the exception of Emily I don't think this episode was a bad look for them. Becca didn't do her usual crying and sulking and really does seem to be in a better place. Chloe, on the other hand, did throw a lot of shade at the other women throughout the episode. The most eyeroll-inducing to me was when she characterized all the guys as "good men" who just got stuck with all these awful matches. She must really be basking in the adoration and attention of those younger men to be that far up their asses the way she is. 

Edited by atomic
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
18 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Michael looks better with short hair.

Michael is actually really cute with a more conventional look:

https___assets.pippa.io_shows_64317e81f699c500117dfc09_1714053778440-7cb04f3d7e9ba398f6977a51482e9ca1.jpeg

• Like 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, atomic said:

The most eyeroll-inducing to me was when she characterized all the guys as "good men" who just got stuck with all these awful matches. She must really be basking in the adoration and attention of those younger men to be that far up their asses the way she is. 

Right?!  Good men my ass 😆.   Chloe is eating up all the attention from the guys- and the attention is purely for her looks (in comparison to the other girls) and the fact that these men have not had any sex for 2 months 😏. She's not like the other girls 🥴 with her dreams of hundreds of handicapped animals and 5 teenage foster "kiddos".   I want a "Where are They Now" 10 year follow up on Chloe to see if she ever actually adopts or looks after foster kids.   

The real question is: Is it really virtuous and selfless if you ask the producers to film you helping disabled animals multiple times so that the world can see it? I think that good deeds should go without fanfare.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, endure said:

I’m in Vancouver Canada with Shaw, now Rogers, we didn’t get this episode, we got two super fans discussing their best and worst of the entire series. Odd I know but I think I needed a break. 😀

I think that's what we got in the U.S. a couple of weeks ago--two women who know each other and maybe have a podcast.  So maybe y'all are just a little behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Right?!  Good men my ass 😆.   Chloe is eating up all the attention from the guys- and the attention is purely for her looks (in comparison to the other girls) and the fact that these men have not had any sex for 2 months 😏. She's not like the other girls 🥴 with her dreams of hundreds of handicapped animals and 5 teenage foster "kiddos".   I want a "Where are They Now" 10 year follow up on Chloe to see if she ever actually adopts or looks after foster kids.   

The real question is: Is it really virtuous and selfless if you ask the producers to film you helping disabled animals multiple times so that the world can see it? I think that good deeds should go without fanfare.  

like donating your wedding gowns that you didn't even pay for?

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4