Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E0 • Where Are They Now: To Hurt or to Heal

• Start Topic

Yeah Chloe's full of crap.  At one point she called the MAFS guys some of her "best". or "closest" friends.   If she wasn't lying that's even sadder 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

like donating your wedding gowns that you didn't even pay for?

Yep, that too!  I can't help but feel like it's bad luck or in poor taste for these bitter and angry MAFS Denver girls to donate their wedding dresses from failed joke MAFS marriages to terminally ill women who want to get married for real love during their last days.  A donation to that type of charity should be with good intentions and without any negativity towards the actual dress that's being donated.  The girls didn't really seem to care about the charity's cause, they were all boredly talking about the potential dress recipients and Emily was smirking all throughout it.  It depressed me to watch it.  

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Yep, that too!  I can't help but feel like it's bad luck or in poor taste for these bitter and angry MAFS Denver girls to donate their wedding dresses from failed joke MAFS marriages to terminally ill women who want to get married for real love during their last days.  A donation to that type of charity should be with good intentions and without any negativity towards the actual dress that's being donated.  The girls didn't really seem to care about the charity's cause, they were all boredly talking about the potential dress recipients and Emily was smirking all throughout it.  It depressed me to watch it.  

The brides probably won't even know it unless they watch this show and have a sharp eye.  The dresses are just inanimate objects - hopefully 4 ladies will find them and wear them and have lovely days! 😃

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, princelina said:

The brides probably won't even know it unless they watch this show and have a sharp eye.  The dresses are just inanimate objects - hopefully 4 ladies will find them and wear them and have lovely days! 😃

That's a great point that I didn't think of! The brides who end up with the dresses won't know that the MAFS girls wore the dresses, so they can create new memories and happiness in the dresses 🙂.  

• Like 4
4 hours ago, atomic said:

I am also confused how Chloe, who spent the whole episode bashing the other women, is somehow beloved while the Pepto brigade is still getting raked over the coals. With the exception of Emily I don't think this episode was a bad look for them. Becca didn't do her usual crying and sulking and really does seem to be in a better place. Chloe, on the other hand, did throw a lot of shade at the other women throughout the episode. The most eyeroll-inducing to me was when she characterized all the guys as "good men" who just got stuck with all these awful matches. She must really be basking in the adoration and attention of those younger men to be that far up their asses the way she is. 

I wouldn’t go as far as to call the men good but Brennan, Austin and Michael weren’t bad guys. Brennan got matched with an absolute nightmare of a woman who had no business  being on the show. A drunkard who is prone to one night stands and is mean on top of everything else. 
Austin got matched with someone who sat around and cried and without much drive other than her sex drive. I don’t know if he was never attracted to her or if he was and then when he observed her behavior it dwindled but she wasn’t a good match for him. I haven’t watched the roommate segment yet but that lady looks more his speed and she seems to have some pep in her step unlike pink haired Becca.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wouldn’t go as far as to call the men good but Brennan, Austin and Michael weren’t bad guys. Brennan got matched with an absolute nightmare of a woman who had no business  being on the show. A drunkard who is prone to one night stands and is mean on top of everything else. 
Austin got matched with someone who sat around and cried and without much drive other than her sex drive. I don’t know if he was never attracted to her or if he was and then when he observed her behavior it dwindled but she wasn’t a good match for him. I haven’t watched the roommate segment yet but that lady looks more his speed and she seems to have some pep in her step unlike pink haired Becca.

I wouldn't put Brennan in that category, but agree with you that Michael and Austin aren't bad. Not all the women in the pink squad are bad either, which is why I take issue with Chloe characterizing them in such black and white terms. Also agree that Emily had no business being on the show. Not because of her sexual history, but because it's just ridiculous for someone who's never even been a girlfriend before to just dive head first into being a wife.

One thing I'll say about Brennan is it doesn't sound like he had the best upbringing. His dad seems like a raging alcoholic (drinking vodka in place of water) and his parents were fighting throughout his whole childhood. I also felt empathy for him hearing that story about how he always wanted a closer relationship with his sister, but it didn't seem to be reciprocated on her end. Knowing those things, it doesn't surprise me that someone like Brennan would have issues, but I also don't think he's hopeless when it comes to growing the way I sadly think Emily is.

• Like 8
On 4/25/2024 at 5:40 AM, kristen111 said:

This show has changed direction.  I want to see courtship, love togetherness.  I don’t want to see weird guys, tattoos, the moon and the stars on the carpet.  All I see is negativity, drinking, and weird conversations spewing out of their mouths.  So out of here.  Yuk.

Emily in the bar looks like she’s still wearing her wedding ring. No one else is.

The back of her hair is jacked up. 

Tattoo, nattoo.

Emily and the fam have issues.

Emily embraces the hate and wants to blow up his relationship with his new boo.

Sounds like someone I want to hang out with.

• Like 1

The back of her hair is jacked up. 

She needs to stop with the extensions. She takes shitty care of them and eventually they will damage her real hair. Her hairstylist must hate her.

I wouldn't put Brennan in that category, but agree with you that Michael and Austin aren't bad. Not all the women in the pink squad are bad either, which is why I take issue with Chloe characterizing them in such black and white terms.

There were some that I liked more than others this season, but I don't think any of them were "bad" people. I think they all had flaws, as do we all, and those flaws were magnified by the bad matching and the stress of being married at first sight and filmed all the time. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, atomic said:

I wouldn't put Brennan in that category, but agree with you that Michael and Austin aren't bad. Not all the women in the pink squad are bad either, which is why I take issue with Chloe characterizing them in such black and white terms. Also agree that Emily had no business being on the show. Not because of her sexual history, but because it's just ridiculous for someone who's never even been a girlfriend before to just dive head first into being a wife.

One thing I'll say about Brennan is it doesn't sound like he had the best upbringing. His dad seems like a raging alcoholic (drinking vodka in place of water) and his parents were fighting throughout his whole childhood. I also felt empathy for him hearing that story about how he always wanted a closer relationship with his sister, but it didn't seem to be reciprocated on her end. Knowing those things, it doesn't surprise me that someone like Brennan would have issues, but I also don't think he's hopeless when it comes to growing the way I sadly think Emily is.

I wouldn’t say the pink squad is all bad either. I think Emily is horrible and Claire is a bit ridiculous. Becca seems like a nice person that got swept up in all of Emily’s bitterness and Claire’s vendetta against Cameron. While Cameron turned out to be a jerk, I don’t think she was innocent either. I understand Lauren being upset with her match, he was awful, but at the same time, moving on and being happy is better than wallowing in bitterness. 
I missed the episode where Brennan discussed his background. It makes sense that he was turned off by a drunkard if his own dad was an alcoholic.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 9:43 PM, JayDub1987 said:

So Emily’s 50% is better than most people’s 100%. At least, according to….Emily

This cracked me up. The things that come out of this woman's mouth😂 Does she legit think she's better than everyone? 

On 4/25/2024 at 5:32 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I see why Austin wears a hat so much. His hair is puffy and odd.

It's giving helmet head. He's got some thick hair that I'm sure other men would kill for. He needs a hair cut desperately or to let it grow out long. 

On 4/26/2024 at 7:47 AM, Yeah No said:

In fact it looked like she didn't want to be a part of them because their fight was not her fight and she looked down on them for their behavior.

As she should! Their behavior was ridiculous during the reunion episodes. Juvenile, even. 

In the end, this whole season was a literal shit show. TPTB are too obsessed with ratings and the show has gone off the rails. I really miss the days of the couples not intermingling. I'm sure they'll never go back to that though with the huge success of MAFS Australia and MAFS UK. 

Edited by starlightlost
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I missed the episode where Brennan discussed his background. It makes sense that he was turned off by a drunkard if his own dad was an alcoholic.

The alcohol conversation actually happened in the beginning of the season when they had their wedding. One of the first questions out of Emily's mouth was, "Do your parents like to party?" Wtf kind of question is that, especially for the first conversation with your new husband lol. 

Brennan answered that he comes from a Russian background where his dad drinks vodka every day like a normal person drinks water. It was a pretty shocking statement to me, but of course party girl Emily found it to be this cool, amusing thing.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
On 4/26/2024 at 8:47 AM, Yeah No said:

I pegged Chloe early on as a phony and I still believe that.  If anyone is into "optics" it's her.  She kept herself apart from the others and is now blaming it on them to look better than them, to steal back all the attention and support from the audience because she probably didn't think she got enough of it next to the pink posse. 

If the other women had kept her out we would have seen some evidence of that on the screen.  She never acted like they were ostracizing her in front of them.  In fact it looked like she didn't want to be a part of them because their fight was not her fight and she looked down on them for their behavior. And would the show refrain from using that as drama if it happened?  I doubt it. 

I think she stole Lauren's position from her on purpose.  She kept herself away from the pink posse because she knew it would make her look above them.  People were saying that all season, not just me.  She took advantage of the fact that Lauren stuck by the others to make herself look like the one that was above all the women.  I don't buy her for one minute.  She said some nasty things about the women behind their backs in this episode but they never had ONE bad thing to say about her except when Lauren revealed what happened between them and even then Lauren didn't insult her, just told the story.  Every time Chloe has been on screen with the other women the energy from them to her is benign but she looks like the one who is holding herself back.  So I don't buy her AT ALL.  She is hiding a lot of nastiness under that phony exterior.  There is not one genuine bone in her body.  She strikes me as the real narcissist here.  It's definitely not Lauren.  YMMV.

I have never heard a "healed" person speak so poorly about people they claim to have no relationship with. Then Chloe was mad at someone for following her ex on social as she not only followed one of the pink posse's ex's but hung out with all of them in real life. Michael will see how friendly she is if he meets someone and starts to seriously date them before she does.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, starlightlost said:

In the end, this whole season was a literal shit show. TPTB are too obsessed with ratings and the show has gone off the rails. I really miss the days of the couples not intermingling. I'm sure they'll never go back to that though with the huge success of MAFS Australia and MAFS UK. 

Sadly, this just about sums it up for me.  But it's not just the couples intermingling, it's the influence of the producers who I am sure are pitting these people against each other and stirring up trouble to create more drama.  This was never more apparent or toxic as it was this season.  In recent seasons it's become obvious to me that the show goes out of its way to sabotage these couples from ever having a chance in hell of succeeding all in the name of drama and ratings, and the experts are pretty much powerless to do anything about it because they've sold their souls to the show.  It's literally making me sick to think about it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Emily and Brennan were a match made in hell.  How the show could take two dysfunctional people, one with an alcoholic dad and match him with a drinking party girl with daddy issues that has never had a relationship is insane and unthinkable.  It HAD to be intentional sabotage done for ratings.  No one on earth would be that stupid to put either of them on the show in the first place much less match them together if they knew anything about them.  But the show matching them was in my opinion likely intentional and sadistic.  There is NO WAY the experts are matching these people unless they've lost their minds, which I'm not ruling out, but they've sold their souls to the devil on this show so who knows what they would or wouldn't do for the right price?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 4/25/2024 at 10:32 PM, Alexander Pope said:

Re Emily--I have heard that narcissists are very hard to treat in therapy, almost impossible.  And that scene we saw, if it was real, was evidence of how that works. 

What you heard is right, and it’s the case for most people who have a personality disorder. They don’t think there is anything wrong with them and they have zero self-awareness. 

I lasted about 25 minutes and then I had to shut it off. The women are so immature. They were married for a hot minute and they are still obsessing about their “marriages.” Stop beating a dead horse!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 4/25/2024 at 7:32 PM, Alexander Pope said:

Re Emily--I have heard that narcissists are very hard to treat in therapy, almost impossible.  And that scene we saw, if it was real, was evidence of how that works.  Therapy is not just about feeling fantastic about yourself.

I have also read that and have also read that a practice may have only one or two to treat, because they are so exhausting and challenging, with very little success or progress ever being made.

ETA - I just got home from vacation, so I tried to watch the last episode and found that I was FFing through most of it. I still don't like Chloe, and don't think she is genuine. Lauren needs to go away. I had no interest in any of the men, and I HOPE that the Emily getting therapy session was staged. Becca really needs to lose the pink hair and grow her vocabulary beyond, "yeah." I wasn't a fan of Clareapist's darker hair color. They must have so much film of these losers to make up this version of the show without Kevin F hosting. 

It's been fun posting with you all. If you see me back for the next season, feel free to shame me! I will deserve it.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1