Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 7 "Episode Several"

• Start Topic

A rogue vote at the last tribal council launches a blame game throughout the camp; players must keep their balance to keep their game alive and win immunity

Post episode discussion thread 

• Like 1

As mentioned, things felt like a full day of work.  Here edited into an hour and a half.  Okay blindside, but probably the beginning of the end for previous alliances

• Like 1

In what was a long, drawn out episode, there were a couple of highlights.  The first was at the IC.  Nobody understanding the rules of Q's alphabet game (not sure if there's different variations to it but I've always played it like he was explaining it) and him giving up.  And then Q saying he purposely jumped off at the IC to test his alliance.  Which is fair, and he'd certainly not be the first one to do that (though he's lucky he didn't get blindsided) but actually saying he's a bigger physical threat than Hunter?  Hunter carried Nami through pretty much every pre-merge IC.  Not saying Q couldn't be a physical threat, but I think Hunter already has him beat.  

I liked that Venus got the credit for Soda's blindside by Soda herself, especially since she was about 5 steps behind everyone today.  Maria dropped in my rankings but I give her credit for winning the IC.  I do think that challenge favors women, but whatever, I love seeing the older women get some wins.  But I don't know, something about her was kind of off-putting tonight. 

Tim's boot wasn't that surprising but I'm curious what will happen when the two groups see who the others voted off.  Since Maria referenced the six alliance so much tonight (an alliance I didn't think she cared that much about) I feel like she might turn on Q for Tim's ouster.  Tim was absolutely right that Hunter was a bigger threat, but being wishy-washy and non-committal can also make someone a threat.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Two blind sides, Tim was surprised,  but Soda definitely  was. If Venus  thinks she orchestrated Soda's  demise, dream on. Tevin,  well played, but if they can do it to Soda they can do it to you. 

I can't  believe  my Hunter is still in this.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Did you hear Ben had a panic attack? Teacher says everytime its mentioned an angel gets their wings!

Despise Tevan. I was really nervous when they came back from commercial break and I saw him on the same team as Venus and that made me worry for her. I was so rooting for him to fall off his platform just because I don't want to see him win anything and loved he appeared wounded that he did not get the credit for the blindside...Venus did!

It was painful when I thought I was watching Venus talk her way onto the block. I'm glad it didn't happen, but she truly is her own worst enemy but still I root for that fine young Canadian lass.

Tim on the other hand did the stupidest thing you could possibly do....openly betray The Six alliance to the damn Ringleader! What did he think was going to happen. Hopefully he was crying at his own stupidity on the way out.

Maybe its just me but Q's tribute to Kenzi sound an awful lot like a guy who was jockeying for position to make a post-game run at the tattooed beauty.

Charlie thinking he's going to take control of the game is laughable. Right now as near as I can tell its the Yanu-3 running the game which is ironic given its earlier decimation.

Of course Jeff was eating up Ben's emotional speech at council. It was giving him flashbacks to his ill-fated talk show host career. Didn't he learn anything from Michael Jordan? You might be master at one sport but in another....well not so much.

One more week down and one more episode closer to Liz floating her way to an undeserved spot in the final 3. Even she is aware that is what is going to happen by bragging about not packing her bag.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

First off, I'm happy to say that Venus has survived another tribal council. Curious to see how far she will go, but I hope she lasts a while longer. 

Q's attitude and aggressiveness was so off-putting, I was thinking it would be nice if he were blindsided instead of Tim going home. I think putting the votes on Hunter, even with his idol would have been a better move. He did help Nami win the tribe part of the game, and he could easily go on an immunity run. Plus, he has an idol nobody knows about. Tim wasn't a threat, and neither is Ben. 

I loved it when Kenzie supported Ben when he had that panic attack. Ben was grateful for the support. I like when players can separate game from real life people's feelings.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Semi-decent ninety minutes, though the format is still a slog. I always feel like I'm lagging behind when it comes to sorting alliances.

3 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

You and me both. I'm thinking that he'll win any challenge ending on a puzzle or shooting at a target, and he'll get targeted the instant he doesn't get immunity.

How do I tell Ben and Charlie apart? I know one of them is into rock music, but I can't remember which one.

Funny that the Yanu tribe wound up on the same side in the contest, and they didn't get to eat. At least the losers didn't have to go back to their camp. "What's this puddle?" "We think those are Bhanu's tears."

ETA: I don't think anyone said the episode title. I'm guessing that the producers could not resist referencing Jelinsky one last time.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 6

I think that Tim turned a little contemplative focus on himself when he stood there in the challenge and started doing shout-outs and mentioning other players family members.  That's the point when folks realized that Tim is not only a physical threat, but he is a major social threat.  He has made relationships with people to the point that he knows their families.  We certainly hadn't seen much of that in the broadcast episodes, but evidently he made connections.  Though, we really haven't seen much of Tim up to now.  I'm kind of sorry to see him go, I didn't realize how connected he was.

That was also a bit of a nasty smile that Liz got on her face when Tevan floated a Soda vote.  I don't really like Liz, and I can't really put my finger on why, but that smile was creepy.  

Q has really become completely insufferable.  I used to like him when he was trying to coach Bhanu, but something about making the merge has gone to his head.

Kenzie--to me--has had a turnaround since the merge too.  Before, I was kind of tired of her, and thought she was annoying.  She seems to have calmed down and grounded herself since then, and is starting to look like a contender.  

This season has been all over the place.  I can't really get a handle on it.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

Tonight, on "Kenzie is capable of being a nice person... No, really!": There are tears. There is self delusion. (Suuure you meant to jump off that platform.) Brains are too fried to follow a simple child's game. Venus still can't get out of her own way. Soda has the most delightfully gracious exit in recent memory. (Say hi to Seven for us!) Maria continues to be awesome. Liz has completed her transformation into Moriah's evil twin.

Oh, and Q is still a dick.

• Like 10
  • LOL 10

Too funny, episode several.

8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Nobody understanding the rules of Q's alphabet game (not sure if there's different variations to it but I've always played it like he was explaining it) and him giving up.

That was funny too.  Were they messing with him?  Q is getting way too bossy.  

I'm starting to like Kenzie a lot.  I wish Venus had been voted out instead of Soda.  It's too bad being too nice will get you booted, Soda is a nicer person than Venus, who is way too pleased with herself.

Glad Hunter held on to his idol.

• Like 15

Now I've warmed to Kenzie (quel surprise!), which gives me someone else to root for. So glad Hunter and the three voted together and that he saved his idol, and that they targeted Tim and not Ben. So now I have three or four to get behind. 

Venus is insufferable, but enjoyable to watch in action.

The sea was such a lovely pale blue when they were doing that challenge!

• Like 14
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

How do I tell Ben and Charlie apart? I know one of them is into rock music, but I can't remember which one.

Charlie I believe is taller, younger, and way more articulate. He's (AFAIK) the only law student/lawyer representative this season. He's tight with Maria.

Ben is the rocker dude who keeps bringing up rock bands and saying things like "this doesn't rock." and seems to be generally liked by most but does not seem to have any one person who considers him their number one, or vice versa.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Too bad this episode wasn't longer. Maybe it would have allowed time for Kenzie to be awarded a Congressional Medal of Honor for her acts of heroism in response to the panic attack.

• Like 6
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

So much for the +1 alliance. Or is it? Will it morph by replacing Tim with Charlie, and if so will that version hold?

It looks like the remaining division is 4-3-3, so there's no real reason for anyone to stay ________-strong.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I think the survivors purposefully didn't play Q's alphabet game the way he wanted it to be played because they are tired of his lectures/dictates.  I thought Hunter's facial responses showed that he knew he was pushing Q's buttons.  And then, after Q was out and said he couldn't talk because he wasn't in the 'fight' Tim told him to be quiet when Q wanted to give shout outs because, as Tim said 'you're not in the fight.'  So, I think they are all tired of him but don't want him out quite yet.  

On this week's Deal or No Deal Island, Rob gave strategic advice to Stephanie which was that the most dangerous players are the ones nobody targets as they will get through to the end.  I think we are seeing that with Liz.  She bragged about her comfort and therefore not bringing her bag to TC.

Things are going to get good as Tevin really didn't like that Venus got the credit for Soda's blindside.  I think he's really going to start targeting her, but others won't buy into it as several (or seven?) players this episode stated that while they don't like Venus, they know her game so aren't worried about her right now (again, referencing Boston Rob's advice on the other show-she's dangerous as she will most likely make it far or to the end).  

Was this Kenzie's redemption story-that she showed compassion and care for Ben?  Could be.  Could mean she's going far.

The team that came in with only 3 needs to be careful because as numbers on the other teams start to dwindle, they will not be as pivotal to the votes moving forward as other inter-tribal alliances could form.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

It was a fine episode for me because I'm always here for the interpersonal stuff.  

Venus lecturing Maria to the point of making the mature, unflappable Maria flap?  Interesting.  I couldn't tell what Venus was saying, her fast choppy talk is usually indecipherable to me, but I also hate it when much younger people give me unasked for advice.

Kenzie and Tiffany are such a good team.  I really liked them  mocking Q the way two sisters might express frustration about a brother.  I feel the same way about Q, I want to tell him to shut up and he's not the boss of me, but I find him loveable some how.

Charlie is my darling.  He had me with the salsa dance. I love his sense of humor.  His teasing of Q by pretending to not understand the alphabet game was hilarious.

Tevan is so much more than than the flamboyant actor I first thought he was. He surprised me in the challenge and by his willingness to let Soda go.

Tim seemed sullen and grouchy to me this whole game and then, one minute after he's voted out, we see his beautiful smile and meet his good natured side. Where were you Tim?

Hunter's mustache deserves special mention.; so even, thick and tough. I have a scrub brush that looks exactly like it.

I really like everyone now except Liz who can take her fabulously wealthy awesome self on home anytime.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Tevin was mad he didn't get credit for the Soda blindside but he voted for Venus. Because with Soda on the jury, he can honestly say he didn't vote for her? Can't have it both ways.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

The only good thing I find in this season is that there is no person taking too much air time, more than needed at least, after Bhanu left. At this point I don't have a clue who will win and that's a sigh of relief for me.

Maria is kinda weird, she has a mafia vibe. Venus is the classic mean girl. To be honest I don't like any of the players. I'm just watching cause it's a tradition.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Too funny, episode several.

That was funny too.  Were they messing with him?  Q is getting way too bossy.  

They were totally messing with him.  Especially Charlie with his final "Baltimore!"

At least they had fun with the challenge rather than just silently riding the calm seas.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I simply do not understand the point of merging the tribes only to split them in two. This is the second week in a row that they've done that. It does not make the game more interesting. It makes it less interesting. A group of 12 scrambling to assemble a dominant alliance results in all kinds of chaos. A group of 6 targeting one or two people is boring. Why on earth do they keep doing this? I'm sure they think it keeps the show "fresh" just to change things for the sake of changing them, but in doing so they are ruining what people like about the show.

Every week that goes by that Q does not get voted out makes me more and more worried he is going to win. Despite some players this week expressing exasperation with him, I'm worried about the amount of screen time he's getting. Of all the people left, he's really the only one I'd be really pissed off about winning. (And I do not believe for one minute he purposely threw the challenge. This guy's ego is incredible.)

90 minutes of filler and they still can't find time to explain how the new tribe got the name "NuiNui."

3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Was this Kenzie's redemption story-that she showed compassion and care for Ben? 

What has Kenzie done to need redemption from?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I liked Q a lot up until now, but I was almost hoping he'd get blindsided last night. For a guy who spent the first half of the game losing, he certainly has a lot of opinions about what other people are doing wrong. This sometimes happens when there are three tribes with one tribe losing so much early on; they come into the merge down in numbers, aren't seen as threats but instead as "extra votes, and then end up controlling the game. It's how Denise won in Philippines and Yam Yam in whatever season that was.

Kenzie, on the other hand, I haven't liked at all. I started to like her last night when she was helping Ben, but then she couldn't stop congratulating herself for what was basic human decency, so I went back to wishing she were gone.

And I've wanted to like Venus, but she seems to rub everyone the wrong way, not just Nami. So I think she might indeed be the problem and not every single other person. Her smugness at and after TC was hilarious; Soda and Venus may think Venus engineered that vote, but everyone else knows it was Tevin. I don't understand why he voted for Venus instead of Soda, but he was clearly behind Maria and Charlie voting for Soda.

Favorite moment was Jeff listing the reward menu and Tevin shakily uttering, "lord jesus."

Watching them play the alphabet game reminds me of the time Uncle Bob, a TWoP mod, tried to get a six degrees game going in one of the threads. It went like

Poster 1: Christian Bale was in A Midsummer Night’s Dream with David Strathairn. David Strathairn was in The River Wild with Kevin Bacon.

Poster 2: Christian Bale was in The Dark Night. And so was Heath Ledger.

Poster 3: It’s so sad about Heath Ledger. He was awesome in 10 Things I Hate About You.

Poster 4: David Krumholtz was in 10 Things. He’s also in Numb3rs now. Oh, and he was in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle!

Uncle Bob: Perhaps I didn’t explain the game correctly.

• Like 3
  • LOL 16
(edited)

Opportunities to knock out both members of the Get Rid OSlimy GirlS [GROSS -- from Calvin and Hobbes] Club (Q and Tevan) but nope.  I guess we'll have to deal with these hoteps for a while longer.

Last week, I wanted Venus to go full tilt on the way that Q and Tevan were bossing everyone, especially the women, and make a play to get one of them out.

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Tevan is so much more than than the flamboyant actor I first thought he was. He surprised me in the challenge and by his willingness to let Soda go.

Tevan's "alliance" with Soda has always been paper-thin and one-sided.  He has complained from the get-go that "she plays too hard" (what does that even mean?), that she's social (a major part of the game, nitwit) and that she talks too much.  All of these are reasons to stick with her, not try to get rid of her  

I started liking Tevan more than Yam Yam (whom I thought was way too full of himself), but not any more.

Edited by JH Lipton
Who is "Trevon"???
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

What has Kenzie done to need redemption from?

I still think it was unnecessarily mean to humiliate Jess with the fake idol tomfollery when Jess was being voted out.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I just got a chance to watch.  Tim kind of orchestrated his own exit with his scheming.  Oh well.  I enjoyed his shout outs during the challenge.

Soda was way too gracious during her exit and she lingered a little too long. 

Still can't stand Venus. 

I still love sweet Ben.  When he was talking to Q, I was struck by how pretty his eyes are.  Now I want he and Kenzie to be the new Rob and Amber, go off to get married and have a whole tribe of pretty-eyed, sweet babies. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Kenzie, on the other hand, I haven't liked at all. I started to like her last night when she was helping Ben, but then she couldn't stop congratulating herself for what was basic human decency, so I went back to wishing she were gone.

Yes, it reminded me of when she was showing her sensitive side, crying over something,  then paused to ask if her tears had made her eyes look extra blue. Last night, she was telling us how caring and compassionate she always is, then ruining it by saying, "That's how I make my money!" Hee.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

15 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Two blind sides, Tim was surprised,  but Soda definitely  was. If Venus  thinks she orchestrated Soda's  demise, dream on. Tevin,  well played, but if they can do it to Soda they can do it to you. 

I'm so happy Hunter is still in this.  Tevin made a stupid move in my opinion to get rid of Soda. If you can swing it, its always preferred to have two different paths with different allies to the finale ala Dee last season. If things didn't work out with the plus 1/Journey 6 alliance, he at least had Soda with him and maybe some of the other Namis. Plus if the plus 1 wanted to get him out he would have numbers with Nami (Soda and Liz) to help him and maybe some others. 

The  Namis are so dysfunctional they rather cut their own noses to spite the face than to see the power of working together to help them in the game. I love Charlie but  he was the clear answer to get rid of not Soda or Venus anyhow.

14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Did you hear Ben had a panic attack? Teacher says everytime its mentioned an angel gets their wings!

Despise Tevan. I was really nervous when they came back from commercial break and I saw him on the same team as Venus and that made me worry for her. I was so rooting for him to fall off his platform just because I don't want to see him win anything and loved he appeared wounded that he did not get the credit for the blindside...Venus did!

It was painful when I thought I was watching Venus talk her way onto the block. I'm glad it didn't happen, but she truly is her own worst enemy but still I root for that fine young Canadian lass.

Tim on the other hand did the stupidest thing you could possibly do....openly betray The Six alliance to the damn Ringleader! What did he think was going to happen. Hopefully he was crying at his own stupidity on the way out.

Maybe its just me but Q's tribute to Kenzi sound an awful lot like a guy who was jockeying for position to make a post-game run at the tattooed beauty.

Charlie thinking he's going to take control of the game is laughable. Right now as near as I can tell its the Yanu-3 running the game which is ironic given its earlier decimation.

Of course Jeff was eating up Ben's emotional speech at council. It was giving him flashbacks to his ill-fated talk show host career. Didn't he learn anything from Michael Jordan? You might be master at one sport but in another....well not so much.

One more week down and one more episode closer to Liz floating her way to an undeserved spot in the final 3. Even she is aware that is what is going to happen by bragging about not packing her bag.

Tevin is his own worst enemy. He's playing too emotional and personal that he's sacrificing his game because he can't deal with Venus and is rushing to get someone who is a strong ally way too early. He could get rid of her later.

Liz and maybe Venus are going to the final 3 and maybe be no vote getters. But Liz is one of those players we see in many seasons that are floaters that everyone forgets about until they get to the end and could possibly win if they can make a good case for themselves and are great communicators.

14 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

First off, I'm happy to say that Venus has survived another tribal council. Curious to see how far she will go, but I hope she lasts a while longer. 

Q's attitude and aggressiveness was so off-putting, I was thinking it would be nice if he were blindsided instead of Tim going home. I think putting the votes on Hunter, even with his idol would have been a better move. He did help Nami win the tribe part of the game, and he could easily go on an immunity run. Plus, he has an idol nobody knows about. Tim wasn't a threat, and neither is Ben. 

I loved it when Kenzie supported Ben when he had that panic attack. Ben was grateful for the support. I like when players can separate game from real life people's feelings.

Gamewise Q and Hunter are bigger threats, Hunter because of his comp beast mode and his social game and Q because of how he dominates the game and takes over all the time. Tim is playing sloppy and would have been voted out sooner or later.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Semi-decent ninety minutes, though the format is still a slog. I always feel like I'm lagging behind when it comes to sorting alliances.

You and me both. I'm thinking that he'll win any challenge ending on a puzzle or shooting at a target, and he'll get targeted the instant he doesn't get immunity.

Funny that the Yanu tribe wound up on the same side in the contest, and they didn't get to eat. At least the losers didn't have to go back to their camp. "What's this puddle?" "We think those are Bhanu's tears."

ETA: I don't think anyone said the episode title. I'm guessing that the producers could not resist referencing Jelinsky one last time.

Keeping Hunter probably only benefitted Q because he wants to use  Hunter as a shield to target before him. But Q is tanking his game because of his attitude so it might not matter anyhow.

• Like 3

I can't tell if Kenzie is being genuine or not because she was really mean to Jess. I get Bhanu somewhat because he was really annoying but Jess didn't do anything to her. 

I didn't like the Tim women vs men thing but I liked him as a person. Sad to see him go.

Yeah something about Liz I don't like.

Q is definitely insufferable, right word for him.

12 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think that Tim turned a little contemplative focus on himself when he stood there in the challenge and started doing shout-outs and mentioning other players family members.  That's the point when folks realized that Tim is not only a physical threat, but he is a major social threat.  He has made relationships with people to the point that he knows their families.  We certainly hadn't seen much of that in the broadcast episodes, but evidently he made connections.  Though, we really haven't seen much of Tim up to now.  I'm kind of sorry to see him go, I didn't realize how connected he was.

That was also a bit of a nasty smile that Liz got on her face when Tevan floated a Soda vote.  I don't really like Liz, and I can't really put my finger on why, but that smile was creepy.  

Q has really become completely insufferable.  I used to like him when he was trying to coach Bhanu, but something about making the merge has gone to his head.

Kenzie--to me--has had a turnaround since the merge too.  Before, I was kind of tired of her, and thought she was annoying.  She seems to have calmed down and grounded herself since then, and is starting to look like a contender.  

This season has been all over the place.  I can't really get a handle on it.

6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think the survivors purposefully didn't play Q's alphabet game the way he wanted it to be played because they are tired of his lectures/dictates.  I thought Hunter's facial responses showed that he knew he was pushing Q's buttons.  And then, after Q was out and said he couldn't talk because he wasn't in the 'fight' Tim told him to be quiet when Q wanted to give shout outs because, as Tim said 'you're not in the fight.'  So, I think they are all tired of him but don't want him out quite yet.  

On this week's Deal or No Deal Island, Rob gave strategic advice to Stephanie which was that the most dangerous players are the ones nobody targets as they will get through to the end.  I think we are seeing that with Liz.  She bragged about her comfort and therefore not bringing her bag to TC.

Things are going to get good as Tevin really didn't like that Venus got the credit for Soda's blindside.  I think he's really going to start targeting her, but others won't buy into it as several (or seven?) players this episode stated that while they don't like Venus, they know her game so aren't worried about her right now (again, referencing Boston Rob's advice on the other show-she's dangerous as she will most likely make it far or to the end).  

Was this Kenzie's redemption story-that she showed compassion and care for Ben?  Could be.  Could mean she's going far.

The team that came in with only 3 needs to be careful because as numbers on the other teams start to dwindle, they will not be as pivotal to the votes moving forward as other inter-tribal alliances could form.

I don't blame the others either. Q is so annoying. I wouldn't want to play his game either. I agree that Liz is like Jordan, the player Boston Rob was referring to on Deal or No Deal Island. 

I agree about Venus. She definitely seems the type others want to take to the end because she's not well liked and has a bad game so she'd probably get no votes and be easier to beat in the end. 

4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Tevin was mad he didn't get credit for the Soda blindside but he voted for Venus. Because with Soda on the jury, he can honestly say he didn't vote for her? Can't have it both ways.

I thought that was the reason he voted for Venus. Is that correct that he was trying to garner  her vote on the jury by acting like he wasn't part of the blindside. Then he can't be mad at Venus for wanting to take credit for it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I still think it was unnecessarily mean to humiliate Jess with the fake idol tomfollery when Jess was being voted out.

Yes I feel the same. She needs to do more for me to like her.

• Like 3

By no means am I a Q fan, but I actually felt a little bad for him this episode in his discussions with Tiff and Kenzie:

Q: So we’re settled - we’re voting Tim, right?

T: Personally , I’d rather go after Ben this time.

Q: So then, we’re voting Ben out…?

T: Just be aware, though: if Ben has an idol or anything and plays it, then we’re screwed.

Q: But I don’t think Ben has anything….

T: Don’t count on it.

Q: So you’d rather vote out Tim, then?

T: Fool, I already told you how I wanted to vote.

K: DAMMIT Q, WOULD YOU PLEASE QUIT FLIP-FLOPPING!?!?

————

By the end of that monkeyfuck, *I* wasn’t sure what Tiff wanted to do any more - second-funniest bit of the episode.  First place has to go to Kenzie at TC, though:

Ben: So I had a panic attack, see - did you hear I’d had a panic attack?  Yeah, I had a panic attack - and that panic attack woke me up, and I was sitting there in the dark feeling all panicky and attacky, and Kenzie woke up too, and she made me feel better, and that was such a HUMAN thing to do, yaknow…?

Kenzie: Yeah, that was pretty human of me.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, JH Lipton said:

Opportunities to knock out both members of the Get Rid OSlimy GirlS [GROSS -- from Calvin and Hobbes] Club (Q and Tevan) but nope.  I guess we'll have to deal with these hoteps for a while longer.

To be fair, Tim showed early on that he was a member of that club, too, so it wasn't a total loss not to be rid of either of those two.

1 hour ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I'm so happy Hunter is still in this.

Gamewise Q and Hunter are bigger threats, Hunter because of his comp beast mode and his social game and Q because of how he dominates the game and takes over all the time.

Can I ask what Hunter's done besides find an idol and do well in challenges?  What social game does he even have?  He himself admitted that he hasn't formed any connections other than with Tevin.  The slobbering over him just makes my heckles rise, because I've seen literally nothing else from him other than what I previously mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I thought that was the reason he voted for Venus. Is that correct that he was trying to garner  her vote on the jury by acting like he wasn't part of the blindside. Then he can't be mad at Venus for wanting to take credit for it.

I'm going to assume that he voted for Venus just in case Soda had an idol or successfully played the shot in the dark.  Some seasons they always throw down a vote split just in case.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I give Kenzie a little slack for her "human of me" reply at TC.  There are people (myself included) that had never learned how to graciously accept a compliment or a thank you at her age.  I still feel awkward, but I am getting better at just responding with "glad you like it" or "happy to help".

Hunter took a big chance not using his idol, and his gamble paid off.

If I had to predict who I think has what it takes to win this thing at this point, it would be Tiff.  She can read a room, isn't viewed (yet) as a big target, and doesn't seem to be someone who gets too emotional or overplays their hand.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Rodney said:

To be fair, Tim showed early on that he was a member of that club, too, so it wasn't a total loss not to be rid of either of those two.

Can I ask what Hunter's done besides find an idol and do well in challenges?  What social game does he even have?  He himself admitted that he hasn't formed any connections other than with Tevin.  The slobbering over him just makes my heckles rise, because I've seen literally nothing else from him other than what I previously mentioned.

Q and Tiffany seem to like Hunter. And with all the hate on the Nami tribe, no one said anything bad about Hunter. 

37 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I'm going to assume that he voted for Venus just in case Soda had an idol or successfully played the shot in the dark.  Some seasons they always throw down a vote split just in case.

I was thinking that is possible too.

24 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

I give Kenzie a little slack for her "human of me" reply at TC.  There are people (myself included) that had never learned how to graciously accept a compliment or a thank you at her age.  I still feel awkward, but I am getting better at just responding with "glad you like it" or "happy to help".

Hunter took a big chance not using his idol, and his gamble paid off.

If I had to predict who I think has what it takes to win this thing at this point, it would be Tiff.  She can read a room, isn't viewed (yet) as a big target, and doesn't seem to be someone who gets too emotional or overplays their hand.

Tiffany is definitely one I see who could win this season.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Gamewise Q and Hunter are bigger threats, Hunter because of his comp beast mode and his social game and Q because of how he dominates the game and takes over all the time. 

Last season, "Uncle" Bruce took over to a major extent and got voted out 10th. I'm not sure that Q will last that long.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rodney said:

I liked him in the first episode, I think it was, when he pulled a pained face and retreated into his body during Soda's camp singalong thing. He said a few things where I related to him, and he was more of an introvert and self-amuser and off doing stuff, like building a bed.

Then I found out he turned down a "full-ride" of medical school, to go back to live in his home town and be a teacher and build cool things with his students, (and I went all "Get off my lawn! You can do your hobbies in your spare time, and be a philanthropist and youth-worker once you get your degree, young fella."); which speaks to his character.

Of this cast, he stands out as one of the more likable ones.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

It's been a long time since we've seen somebody as truly delusional as Q.  It would be funny if it was so sad, his lack of a grasp on reality.  And that suck-up shout out to Kenzie was just transparent & stupid.  

And I believe he threw that immunity challenge like I believe monkeys are going to fly out of Jeff's butt next episode.  I REALLY wish he had gone.  The shame of his not even making the jury would have been enjoyable to see.

Venus is second in the so-clueless-it's-ridiculous line up.  That child really needs to check herself.  She is NOT that powerful.  I hate to have to see her smug face another week. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, JH Lipton said:

Last season, "Uncle" Bruce took over to a major extent and got voted out 10th. I'm not sure that Q will last that long.

But in part, the situations are different. Bruce had not a single real ally, and had a die-hard enemy in Katurah.

Q has Tiff who seemingly is actually in his corner and the remnants of the +1 alliance. I also think he's cool with Kenzie by and large. Time will tell if his condescension causes more people to target him.

1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

It's been a long time since we've seen somebody as truly delusional as Q.  It would be funny if it was so sad, his lack of a grasp on reality.  And that suck-up shout out to Kenzie was just transparent & stupid.  

I don't think Q is that delusional....on a scale that includes even people from this season like Bhanu and Jelinsky, he's like a 2. 

2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Venus reminds me Rachel Campos (aka Mrs. Sean Duffy) from RW San Francisco. Shut up, you're old.

Yoooo....she really does.  I guess I'm old with you.  Wanna catch an Early Bird Special one of these evenings?  👵

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Ben is the rocker dude who keeps bringing up rock bands and saying things like "this doesn't rock." and seems to be generally liked by most 

Which is puzzling to me, because every time he references a rock band or says things like "this doesn't rock", I want to punch him in the face. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, violet and green said:

...(About Hunter) ... Then I found out he turned down a "full-ride" of medical school, to go back to live in his home town and be a teacher and build cool things with his students, (and I went all "Get off my lawn! You can do your hobbies in your spare time, and be a philanthropist and youth-worker once you get your degree, young fella."); which speaks to his character.

Actually that is exactly WHY I like Hunter.  He gave up the chance to live the good, rich and fancy life of a doctor to go back to his poor town and get down in the trenches and teach kids instead.  I prefer school teachers over doctors any day.

I'm sad to see Soda go but glad she gets to be part of the jury. 

Tim played stupid and dug his own grave.  You don't go all wishy-washy when offered a strong alliance which, at worst, can be a Plan B for you.  You can't trust someone like that in the game.

So far in my top tier I like Hunter, Q (he's a coach in real life.  That's the way they talk.  Not bossy to me at all), Tiffany, Maria and Tevin.

Second tier is Ben, Charlie and a semi-redeemed Kenzie minus her horrible tattoos.

Don't like Venus but I accept she is entertaining in a snake-like way and I recognize she is the official villain this season and will probably last a long time as a result.

Don't like rich woman who didn't bring her bag to tribal and bragged about it.

I probably forgot someone but that is who I remember anyway.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'd love to see a conversation between Hunter, who gave up a med school scholarship to be a teacher in his home town, and Liz, the self-proclaimed millionaire who LOVE$ money. But that would mean listening to her voice, and I just can't, without pulling off my ears.

Edited by WatcherUp2
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

Actually that is exactly WHY I like Hunter.  He gave up the chance to live the good, rich and fancy life of a doctor to go back to his poor town and get down in the trenches and teach kids instead.  I prefer school teachers over doctors any day.

Yes, as I said, it speaks to his character. But they are not binary decisions. The host of Australian Survivor, Jonathan LaPaglia has a medical degree, but he decided to focus on acting, and then hosting Survivor, and he's a top host.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Two thoughts on Hunter and med school: 1. There's a big difference between being admitted to medical school and completing medical school. Both are laudable achievements, but they are not equal. 2. If Hunter is still bringing up the fact that he could have gone to medical school (but didn't) he may feel like he needs to justify his decision to himself or people in his life.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

This is just the weirdest cast.

I’m still rooting for Venus, even though I don’t like her. Her stunning UN-likability and lack of self-awareness is sort oddly appealing to me as an older woman. It’s cute to watch her confidently bulldoze her way through each episode, offending people right and left. Even at this stage of the game she’s not thinking about being liked or being a good girl. That IS refreshing. Also, she’s trapped on an island with the most frustrating cast in 40 something seasons. And I think she has a lot of bravado. I don’t know, I just find her baby villain-ness endearing.

Bye Tim. He came for Hunter hard and failed to read the room. 

Que - please stop talking. He is someone who speaks as he thinks so he keeps popping off half-baked ideas. Slow down. Shhh. Strategize. 

i like Tiffany but she’s playing a very passive game. She has the same confident, competent vibe as Maria but she’s just side-kicking for Que. I don’t know how she breaks out of that.

Hunter- I have no beef. I was scared when he didn’t play his idol so I guess I like him. I do like quiet competence.

Soda - I was not attached to her, but I thought Charlie’s observation that the tribe was full of cracks was spot on. 

I love that the tiny tribe of 3 is getting success & power. Makes it less of a repeat of last season.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I don't think Q is that delusional....on a scale that includes even people from this season like Bhanu and Jelinsky, he's like a 2. 

Agreed.  I don't think that Q is delusional so much as he is woefully overconfident, bordering on arrogant.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 9:23 AM, Grizzly said:

Since my tv screen shrinks the end credits of Survivor to the size of a postage stamp, I didn't realize that Tevin didn't vote Soda.  I swear I am mostly paying attention, but wasn't it his idea?  So he got everyone on board, and then didn't vote for her in order to get her jury vote?  Seems like an idea that might have some serious blowback.

21 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Soda was way too gracious during her exit and she lingered a little too long. 

I agree, she seemed to be making a pretty theatrical exit.  And why did she get applause on her way out?  Reserve that for Queen Sandra.  Was Soda just that beloved or were they applauding themselves for getting her out?  Or maybe trying to applaud her off the stage, like when the music starts playing over the Oscar winner who won't stop talking?

21 hours ago, princelina said:

Charlie is the prettier one; Ben is the scruffier one 😃

Charlie looks like Anthony Perkins, circa Psycho.  No, I'm not that old, I've seen it on tv.

14 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Venus reminds me Rachel Campos (aka Mrs. Sean Duffy) from RW San Francisco. Shut up, you're old.

But I am this old, and I agree.  And Maria's voice had me wondering who she reminded me of until it clicked that she sounds just like Cristina, the cop, from Ozzy's tribe on Cook Islands (my favorite season).

Liz - bring your bag next time.  It's a really bad look.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7