Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: The Real Housewives of Grenada

• Start Topic

Chef Anthony takes on the most dietary restrictions of the charter season yet; Sunny steps up her skills on deck as Dylan vies for the Lead Deckhand position; the demands of a famous housewife push the shorthanded interior team to their limits.

Airs 4.01.2024

I am 100% sure the producers did not have to prod JZ to act like an ass on this charter. Jill wanting the sun, moon and stars from the get go, I mean she isn't wrong about the toiletries in the bathroom but OMG, she likes to go overboard which is where Fraser would have liked to put her.  Jill likes her cokes in the freezer, they blow up in the freezer but I guess JZ does not care since she does not have to clean it up.  She wants food out all the time but I am sure she will complain that the food has been sitting out all day, lol.

It is a good thing she taught Barbie how to make a Diet Coke.

Barbie should not have been left alone on board to handle everything, Fraser screwed up.

Chef Frenchy was overwhelmed by the wonky way the hamburger orders were relayed, why wouldn't she write it down clearly, as in numbers 1 thru 5 or whatever, that was frustrating for me to watch how she made something simple in to something complicated.

Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, no seafood, no red meat, no eggs, obtuse allergies, etc...after almost 20 years in catering/food service/customer service it has become a nightmare to serve the public...I have had people tell me they are allergic to _________ and when pressed they admit to just not liking said item, they have no idea how it can throw a wrench in the workings of the kitchen. I applaud Chef for being able to single-handedly figure out what to serve everyone, sure he whiffed it a time or two but he came real close!

Why any girl would consider Ben any kind of relationship material is beyond me, I mean in general what relationship lasts past the last docking?

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Someone needs to tell Jill to to a sock in it.  She made an ass of herself with her constant demand and bitching.  All I heard was Jill's voice. I couldn't stand to be around her for 10 minutes without screaming at her to STFU.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

Jill Zarin needs to fall down a well and never be heard from again.  What an obnoxious twit.  She hasn’t changed one iota since her first season of RHONY. How and why she came to believe the Earth revolves around her I will never know.  I think she just has such low self esteem that makes her treat people as if they are beneath her.  She is only “Bravo Famous”, yet acts as if she is Mother Theresa, Oprah, Beyoncé, Madeleine Albright and Cleopatra all rolled into one supreme being.  How is anyone friends, or God help them, a romantic partner with this harridan is just beyond my understanding.  She is so damn annoying.  I wanted the captain to tell her to STFU and take many seats because she isn’t the person in charge of the charter, the boat or the crew.

• Like 9
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

I kept forgetting Jill was not actually the primary on this trip. The way she was carrying on one would think she was. The conversation Jill had with the chef and the actual primary where she just steamrolled the whole conversation with her demands was crazy, but also, not surprising since this is Jill we are talking about.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Someone needs to tell Jill to to a sock in it.  She made an ass of herself with her constant demand and bitching.  All I heard was Jill's voice. I couldn't stand to be around her for 10 minutes without screaming at her to STFU.

Never watched the RH shows.

Apparently they wanted to feature her.  She could say and do all those things but it's a choice to decide to air a lot of it rather than cut out her scenes.

Also, the preference sheets, they seem to have professional headshots, particularly of Jill.  Particularly from like 20 years ago or something when they were considerably younger.

Maybe for TV, they put head shots on preference sheets so we can associate the faces with the names but most of the time I don't pay attention to their names until they make waves.

It sounds like Jill's like this on the RH shows she's on but they must have prodded her to just comment and much as possible on her ideas of how services should be and so on.

Presumably she wanted to enjoy the scenery, the water sports and the food but it seems like she wants to do a job as well.

Why is Kerry blaming Anthony.  He was there when the primary kind of yielded to Jill and let her arrange everything with Anthony.  If he objected to them catering too much to Jill, he should have told them that right then.

Fake drama to make the crew look bad.  They definitely created this situation.

• Like 6

The primary who came across as appreciative of the food and service  was most likely mortified by Jill's behavior.  However she seemed to be either afraid of making waves with Jill or just shy to speak up and tell Jell please let me handle this. What really killed me was when Jill said at one point "I may be a little pushy but I get things done," little pushy?? I hope next week we see the staff ignoring Jill and catering to the primary. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Jill likes to know in advance of menus in order to make them better, Jill thinks she is the GM of the yacht.

Jill boarded the yacht with a boyfriend and I think we saw him once, we certainly didn't hear him speak, did we?

Whatever happened to the Jill that would just announce the brand and price of various objects, clothing or well anything?

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

"I may be a little pushy but I get things done,

But what exactly is she getting things done?

Also, why did the chef make hamburgers for lunch, I would have thought Jill would have had something to say about burgers not being high end yacht food.

• Like 6

Jill was A LOT.

I really want to understand why Fraser dislikes Barbie so much. From what we've seen, she works hard and is great with guests. She might be a little mouthy but nowhere near insubordinate.  Yet he's trying to fire her again next week?

Disappointed in his leadership. You're not going to like everyone but you need to utilize their skills effectively. Leaving Barbie alone on the boat to manage cabins, laundry and dinner setup was also a dick move. They did not need two stews at the beach.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Barely care about this show, but just stopped in to dump on Jill Zarin, monster of a human being.

I'll agree with the above that Fraser is beginning to lose me.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

It's too bad Jill is so obnoxious because she made several good points. When you go to a fancy hotel, the bathroom is stocked with toiletries and whatnot, so you would expect the same on a luxury yacht. Also, I've often thought there should be some kind of bell or something for the guests to ring when there's no stew around and they need another drink or whatever. Ideally there's always a stew on hand to serve them but on this boat they're always down a crew member.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, why did the chef make hamburgers for lunch, I would have thought Jill would have had something to say about burgers not being high end yacht food.

It must have been really hard to come up with things for such a picky group. I guess the burgers were flexible enough to be either meat or soy and the buns could be gluten free or lettuce wraps. 

At least they liked the dinner, although to my eye the portions were so tiny.

BTW - the fact that Anthony is dyslexic has nothing to do with his being so disorganized. I know someone who is dyslexic and they are OCD about being a neat freak. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, aghst said:

Never watched the RH shows.

Apparently they wanted to feature her.  She could say and do all those things but it's a choice to decide to air a lot of it rather than cut out her scenes.

Also, the preference sheets, they seem to have professional headshots, particularly of Jill.  Particularly from like 20 years ago or something when they were considerably younger.

Maybe for TV, they put head shots on preference sheets so we can associate the faces with the names but most of the time I don't pay attention to their names until they make waves.

It sounds like Jill's like this on the RH shows she's on but they must have prodded her to just comment and much as possible on her ideas of how services should be and so on.

Presumably she wanted to enjoy the scenery, the water sports and the food but it seems like she wants to do a job as well.

Why is Kerry blaming Anthony.  He was there when the primary kind of yielded to Jill and let her arrange everything with Anthony.  If he objected to them catering too much to Jill, he should have told them that right then.

Fake drama to make the crew look bad.  They definitely created this situation.

Jill needs no prodding... she is an arse all on her own!

• Like 10

I haven't paid close attention to this show this season. But did they say why Cat was not replaced?  I doubt seriously that the Captain will allow Barbie to be fired this late in the season.  They will be down to Fraser and Zandi. They are struggling now how can they survive with just 2 stews?

32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I haven't paid close attention to this show this season. But did they say why Cat was not replaced?  I doubt seriously that the Captain will allow Barbie to be fired this late in the season.  They will be down to Fraser and Zandi. They are struggling now how can they survive with just 2 stews?

Kerry is trying to get another stew but the supplier (?) keeps texting it's the busy season and he/she's working on it. 

Someone else is getting the boot though, judging from the previews. If I had to make a guess right now I'd say Anthony is the most likely candidate. I don't think Barbie will be fired.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Kerry is trying to get another stew but the supplier (?) keeps texting it's the busy season and he/she's working on it. 

Someone else is getting the boot though, judging from the previews. If I had to make a guess right now I'd say Anthony is the most likely candidate. I don't think Barbie will be fired.

Whoever they get is someone who probably would have been auditioned and chosen by the producers.

Then signed a contract.

They're not getting some random person from a yacht staffing agency and then putting him or her on the show.

So that's got to be some fiction.  It would be irresponsible if they started filming a season without having one or two spares stashed nearby.

These chronic crew shortages -- every season of every BD show usually has a couple of charters where they're short of the staffing levels they first started with -- is part of the drama, the season plot.

Any replacement who comes on the show would have long-been vetted so it's not some employment brokers finding random people.

Dylan, the new deckie, is working out whenever he can.  There was another deck like that, always shown doing pull-ups, even when there aren't any pull-up bars.

The casting people can't even find different types of people, they keep re-casting the same types.

58 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Right she is just spouting BS. In fact she was never this obnoxious on RHONY. 

1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

In Jill’s time on housewives I never heard her mention having a Yacht.  

Did she ever opine on how other things should be run, like hotels or restaurants or maybe stores?

Or maybe something beyond hospitality like a charity or maybe a hospital?

So it would be on brand for her to pontificate like she's used to running yacht charters.

Or the producers encouraged her to behave like that.  Certainly they like her behavior to feature a lot of scenes of her telling the crew how things should be.

• Like 3

I watched all of the shows when she was on and I do not remember her being that bossy and obnoxious. She didn't always get along with cast members especially Bethenny. The one time when she really showed her behind was at a fashion show when she did not get a front row seat so she left in a huff.  And I don't remember her ever being on a yacht on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, meep.meep said:

The Scottish guy is great.

Great Scott!

Fraser is being like Capt. Sandy, just being shitty to Barbie (who does a really good job), because he can.

13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Right she is just spouting BS. In fact she was never this obnoxious on RHONY. 

I think she was obnoxious, maybe not as demanding but definitely obnoxious, see Scary Island- The Un-welcomed Arrival for a prime example. She has no self awareness. How does her boyfriend stand her? 

I can only imagine the amount of service workers that have or wanted to spit in her food prior to serving it to her.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, aghst said:

They're not getting some random person from a yacht staffing agency and then putting him or her on the show.

So that's got to be some fiction.  It would be irresponsible if they started filming a season without having one or two spares stashed nearby.

I agree they probably have alternates when they cast the season but they're not standing by at the nearest hotel in case someone quits or gets fired. They probably have other jobs and if they're available when called up it's a matter of logistics. We've seen replacements fly in from all over the world. They have to have the necessary certifications, we know that. So someone is going down a list, contacting people, and seeing if they are available and can get there in time.

Fraser is being like Capt. Sandy, just being shitty to Barbie (who does a really good job), because he can.

They just seem to rub each other the wrong way. Both take whatever the other says way too personally and read too much into it. I don't think Fraser is being "shitty" to her, although he isn't managing his stews very well overall. Xandi has some issues with her as well so I think Barbie is just one of those people that can be hard to get along with. Even when she's giving simple answers she can come across as sarcastic.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Why would they fire Anthony! I protest! And why do none of the crew help with the cleaning up at night as with past charters?

And who else among them could have handled all of those crazy food preferences?

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Jeebus, Jill is an annoying tw*t.  Can someone toss her overboard?  

I felt so bad for Chef Anthony.  That's just way too many dietary restrictions/preferences for one person to deal with.  I actually felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack for him.  He handled it very well though and came through with the food.  

Completely unfair that Barbie was left on the ship to do all the interior chores while both Fraser and Xandie were participating in beach yoga/meditation.  I think Fraser should have had Xandie or himself go, but not both.  He's a good chief stew, IMO, except when it comes to his favoritism.  He showed it with Cat and now that Cat's gone, he's showing it with Xandie.  

Xandie needs to quit being such an Eeyore with Barbie.  Okay, Barbie made a mistake but she does seem to work hard and as she said, she's not a quitter.

So it seems like Dylan is expecting to be lead deckhand, which makes me believe that Ben will choose either Kyle, which will offend Sunny, or Sunny, which will offend Kyle and Dylan since Ben is sleeping with Sunny.   Do they really wait until halfway through the season to choose a lead deckhand in the real yachting world?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 4/2/2024 at 11:00 AM, iMonrey said:

BTW - the fact that Anthony is dyslexic has nothing to do with his being so disorganized. I know someone who is dyslexic and they are OCD about being a neat freak. 

Anthony and your friend are both neurodivergent. Their brains work differently from those of neurotypical people, but not all neurodivergent people think or act in the same way. For instance, your OCD friend is a neat freak, mine has no problem with a mess. If Anthony says his dyslexia contributes to any particular situation, I believe him.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Noah’s dad, Timothy Springer, showed up on the Forbes Billionaire list today.  He’s won the Lasker Prize (next step is the Nobel), and is a professor at Harvard Medical School…he must be so proud of his trust fund son.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 4
On 4/2/2024 at 4:16 PM, aghst said:

Dylan, the new deckie, is working out whenever he can.  There was another deck like that, always shown doing pull-ups, even when there aren't any pull-up bars.

The casting people can't even find different types of people, they keep re-casting the same types.

Some of those scenes with the chin-ups were Ben.  But, I agree that Dylan is obsessed with working out.  He probably won't hook up with anyone on the crew, since he seems to have a committed relationship with his barbells.

• LOL 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Anthony and your friend are both neurodivergent. Their brains work differently from those of neurotypical people, but not all neurodivergent people think or act in the same way. For instance, your OCD friend is a neat freak, mine has no problem with a mess. If Anthony says his dyslexia contributes to any particular situation, I believe him.

GIven that neurodivergence can take many forms, including but not limited to dyslexia, it follows that it's not dyslexia, specifically, that causes Anthony to be disorganized, since not everyone who has dyslexia is disorganized. It's associated with dyslexia, sure, but not the direct cause of it. I just wanted to clarify that. 

I would also note that plenty of disorganized people are not neurodivergent, so it's not necessarily related. I don't mean to cast aspersions but it's possible Anthony just uses that as an excuse not to bother learning to be better organized. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Thanks for this.  I believe Anthony, as well.  He is a talented chef, but lacks organizational skills and when he is the only cook in the kitchen, all that falls on him, too.  I would love to see Fraser, when he is back to being fully staffed, offer a few suggestions on organizing Anthony's workspace instead of criticizing him.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I would like to see Fraser actually offer real help rather than suggestions for organization with the help from the exterior.

Tips normally come because of the chef first. Then the service.

I would also like Fraser to appreciate Barbie more.

And stop complaining to Cap Kerry...Fraser is the one that underappreciated Barbie and coddled Kat.

He still does not understand how to manage his team.

• Like 5
(edited)

I have mild dyslexia, but I sure could relate to chef not being able to deal with the sloppily written and disorganized hamburger orders on the white board.  Chef couldn't even look at it without it causing a stress reaction. If only she had done this (with lines) I'll bet he would have not made a single error. This way chef can "compartmentalize" his orders into something workable for his brain.

3 regular hamburgers with everything.
Cook one medium and two rare

1 Vegan burger with everything except tofu
Cook well done

2 regular hamburgers with everything
(except pickles) Cook both medium

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 4/1/2024 at 10:37 PM, 65mickey said:

Plus she turned what should have been a pleasant, luxurious time for the primary into a constant state of negative.  Now, whenever the primary looks back on the trip, it will be haunted by Jill's negative comments and complaints and "helpful" suggestions, that she is "sorry" for.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
48 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

Plus she turned what should have been a pleasant, luxurious time for the primary into a constant state of negative.  Now, whenever the primary looks back on the trip, it will be haunted by Jill's negative comments and complaints and "helpful" suggestions, that she is "sorry" for.

But on the bright side, that primary never has to see Jill Zarin again.

I would like it if someone would install a button under the table and every time someone pushes it Jill gets an electric shock.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

But on the bright side, that primary never has to see Jill Zarin again.

I would like it if someone would install a button under the table and every time someone pushes it Jill gets an electric shock.

I have to make a correction, it seems that the primary guests are in real life friends of Jill's, I guess they were letting Jill be Jill.

• Useful 1

Her presentation was off-putting, her complaints incessant, her pushiness overwhelming, but I gotta say, she was NOT wrong in many of the things she was saying. This is billed as an extravagant, luxury experience. Have fricken lotions and potions in the staterooms. (I know everyone packs their own personal care products, but it's fun, and expected, to see what the fancy dancy lodging puts out, that you then take home with you.) Have snick snacks available 24/7. Tell your guests where the outlets are hidden. Hot food should be served hot.

I'm not a Jill fan or apologist - she is TOO much, she is her horrible mother redux - but when she's right, she's right. After all, even a blind squirrel will eventually trip over a nut in the woods.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I was really shocked to learn there are no toiletries in the cabins. I do remember on this and otherl BD shows they talk about having sunscreen available but no shampoo, etc...that is a surprise.

I blame Fraser for not making guests aware the plug is in the drawer, he is the one to give the tour when the guests come on board. 

Having round the clock snacks can be a tricky thing, I think we all know no matter what those snacks were it would not be what the guests want or they would want hot snacks provided like sliders or quesadillas, pizza, chips and quac, etc...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Have to chime in again to share how much I fucking hate Fraser now. Ugh. I can’t believe that nasty little shit is running yo Captain Kerry every chance he gets to shit talk Chef Anthony! Chef did a fabulous job accommodating those 67 food restrictions from the guests. And Barbie was a stand up girl who owned her mistake and part in the lunchtime confusion. And, yes, he did get confused about the sushi request. But he he damn primary needs to speak up for herself and not let Jill run the entire show. Further, let’s remember that Anthony (and Barbie) are both working in a second language. This can complicate communication  a lot. Fraser’s French sounds pretty good to my ear, but I’d like to see him do that 24/7 six weeks straight.

What really  irritates me even more about the situation is that Kerry seemed ready  move on about it, but you have Fraser constantly whispering in his ear and making a target out of Anthony for a few hiccups that were not entirely his fault. Why in the hell is Fraser trying to make it worse instead of putting in a good word for a teammate who has been a solid team player from day one? Oh, I know, because Fraser is a total fucking shitheel. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 4/4/2024 at 12:03 PM, heatherchandler said:

Who is Noah?  Did Jill brag that his father is the “inventor” of the Moderna vaccine?  

MartyQui wrote above:

Noah’s dad, Timothy Springer, showed up on the Forbes Billionaire list today.  He’s won the Lasker Prize (next step is the Nobel), and is a professor at Harvard Medical School…he must be so proud of his trust fund son.

• LOL 4
On 4/2/2024 at 6:14 PM, 65mickey said:

I watched all of the shows when she was on and I do not remember her being that bossy and obnoxious. She didn't always get along with cast members especially Bethenny. The one time when she really showed her behind was at a fashion show when she did not get a front row seat so she left in a huff.  And I don't remember her ever being on a yacht on the show. 

I just remember her being a know it all, and taking over conversations. She was notorious for asking the price of everything or stating what she spent on whatever.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:27 PM, iMonrey said:

I would also note that plenty of disorganized people are not neurodivergent, so it's not necessarily related. I don't mean to cast aspersions but it's possible Anthony just uses that as an excuse not to bother learning to be better organized. 

I am NOT organized but nor am I neurodivergent. I think Anthony is able to work well within a messy kitchen and his dyslexia has nothing to do with it. But trying to comprehend Barbie's menu notes probably panicked him even prior to reading. Then when he tried to understand her notes, he just dismissed it.