Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

In fairness, Kail got ripped to shreds on this forum for having two weddings, so why does Chelsea get a pass? I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, I'm just speaking in general. She already got pregnant before marriage (twice) so why is Chelsea so concerned about propriety at this point? Having a kid out of wedlock is hardly a crime against humanity, she might as well have just waited until the kid is born.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

Agreed GreatKazu. If I get married again, I'd probably elope, I am an introvert, and don't want the stress of planning such a large event. But my first wedding was 3 days long with different events ( again, not that unusual in my culture)-- I did it to make my parents happy. In the subcontinent our wedding events are spread out over 2 weeks. So, yeah, Chelsea and Kail don't bother me. Kail bothers me because me she's a rude-ass social climber, who couldn't even pretend to like the women she asked to be her bridesmaids and hear out their concerns. 

I am fascinated with Asian weddings. They make the weddings here in America seem so blah.

Two weeks? That must be so tiresome.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

I am fascinated with Asian weddings. They make the weddings here in America seem so blah.

Two weeks? That must be so tiresome.

Haha. Not every single day though you're pretty busy everyday. We have 4 major events basically and the parties are usually on the weekends, but you consistently have friends and family wandering in and out of your house. It's a very social time for families and friends. In the US though, in my experience, most of these weddings are condensed into one long weekend, especially with people who have family in different states. It's still busy, social, fun, and eventful but not as elaborate or long as it would be in the "home country." 

• Love 2

I figure it can be called a wedding if that's what Chelsea wants to call it. My previous comment seems to have been deleted.  I just don't think it's a big deal if she wants to call a second ceremony a wedding, she could call it a funeral and I wouldn't care. 

@BitterApple, I never ripped on Karl for having two weddings. I just don't think it's an issue. I understand why Chelsea wants a second wedding where she can have more guests and she can party.  She probably wanted the first ceremony to be small and intimate but also wanted to include all of her friends. A second wedding seems the perfect solution. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

@BitterApple, I never ripped on Karl for having two weddings. I just don't think it's an issue. I understand why Chelsea wants a second wedding where she can have more guests and she can party.  

I know, I wasn't calling you out personally when I made the comment. I'm just having a hard time understanding Chelsea's logic. 

• Love 6

I see nothing wrong with the two weddings thing, for Kail or Chelsea. I know people who had reasons to get their legal marriage done before the actual ceremony (usually for insurance or baby reasons, get it done then have the wedding when you can afford it or at the date you intended or whatever other reason, you get to make that choice). I understand wanting the party where you get to feel yourself and drink and have fun and look at the pictures and be happy. I could see doing it on the anniversary as a "anniversary party" but also a wedding reception. She may have had to change her plans part of the way through. 

• Love 6

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. DeBoer on their nuptials!

On this two-wedding debate, I don't know. To me, having a second, bigger wedding plus reception makes complete sense if the first wedding was, say, just a civil ceremony at the courthouse or something with just the two of you and the judge or whoever, done because you just wanted/needed to be married now and you didn't want or have the time to deal with the fuss of the big ceremony and reception at the time, but would be able to later on. But if it's not an issue of "needing" to get the legal marriage on paper right now, and you have an actual wedding ceremony, albeit a small one, with the dress and the flowers and a pretty venue and invited a couple of family members as guests ... then it's like, if you wanted to have a big formal wedding and a big formal party, why have the small wedding at all? Why not just wait for the big one? Why must we have two just for the sake of having two? But whatever. The important thing is Chelsea and Cole are happy, so they can have 18 weddings if they so choose.

• Love 3
On 10/2/2016 at 1:25 AM, Maharincess said:

I'm so happy for her.  I'm actually a little emotional looking at that picture. I don't know her of course but I'm really proud of her. We've watched her grow up and become the best human being on any Teen Mom show.  

I think she and Cole are two peas in a pod and I for one feel postitve about their future together.  

I'm also extremely proud of her for not having her wedding filmed. She could have had MTV pay for it all for the show but she told them no.  The other girls on this show should take note.  None of them want marriages, they want weddings on TV. 

She got her dream.  She has her little nuclear family that she always wanted so badly and I'm thrilled for her. 

I feel the same way. Good for you, Chelsea. 

• Love 6

Kail was ripped to shreds? Rightly so. She is the one who publicly commented she was marrying Javi for benefits. She is the one acting like the queen bitch to everyone. She is the one who put her wedding in front of the MTV cameras. MTV more than likely paid for some of the expenses. Not to mention, that was one ridiculous wedding at the aquarium. Then again, it was quite symbolic for the manatee bride. I don't recall what I posted about her wedding, but I am sure I did rip the wedding for the reasons stated above. So what? I am not sure how that compares to someone who is choosing not to have her wedding put in front of MTV cameras and who is actually marrying a man she loves and he loves her.

13 hours ago, Katt said:

The difference between Kailyn and Chelseas is, Chelsea actually LIKES Cole for Cole and we all knew what bloody Kail was up to.

Major difference between the two, agree. Not sure how the difference between the two is not obvious.

ETA: I have had some relatives have two weddings. The first was the civil and the second was the celebration of marriage. It was also due to the whole church thing. For myself, church is not necessary, but it is for many families, especially parents. I don't see what the issue is, especially if Chelsea and Cole can afford it. They are not asking MTV to pay for it. They are paying for it. It is likely Chelsea, and also Cole, want to be able to have all her family and friends there to celebrate. Planning takes time and if it suits her to have it next year, I don't see the problem. Plenty of people do this very thing.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Not to mention, that was one ridiculous wedding at the aquarium. Then again, it was quite symbolic for the manatee bride.

Aw, I so love all the references comparing Kail to various creatures of the sea. Well done.

Sorry, I know this is the Chelsea thread. I just had to laugh at the Kail comment. Carry on.

• Love 7

Chelsea is part of a couple and this is likely a decision they made together. Also, Cole probably wanted to be married when his child is born because he's a more traditional kind of guy. I'm happy for this new little family. It's also very mature of her to not want either wedding filmed by MTV and lucky for her, she doesn't need them to pay for it in order to have it at all because her daddy's rich. Who would have thunk that Chelsea would turn out the best of all of these teen moms--OG and 2? Thank goodness for Randylicous!

• Love 8

At this point, I think Chelsea's maturity has surpassed Randy's. Dude has majorly regressed, getting into Twitter fights with people defending Chelsea, who tends to just ignore it.

ETA: In case the above is not clear, he is fighting people on Twitter while defending Chelsea, not fighting people who are defending Chelsea.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 8

Maybe the English language needs to develop a new word to describe a second wedding to the same person. I was thinking about how you only get one funeral, but you can have as many memorial services as you want. There are some things that are only done one time. Maybe they could call it a memorial wedding. ?

I do think there are some circumstances that justify more than one. I knew a girl in college whose father was about to die from cancer, and probably wouldn't make it to the wedding, so they had a small ceremony at the courthouse where he got to give her away. They were a very religious couple, and were horrified when someone asked if they had "taken advantage" of being legally married yet, and were waiting until their official wedding night. To me, having two weddings like this makes sense...they only considered one of them their "real" wedding. It sounds like Chelsea and Cole consider them both equally real, so that's where it gets confusing. Are they only half married now? It's just so weird to me that they have insisted they weren't changing this date they've had for a year, and they've always wanted a small wedding...then at the last second they're like, "nevermind! Our other, big wedding is next year!"

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3
On October 2, 2016 at 5:25 PM, BitterApple said:

In fairness, Kail got ripped to shreds on this forum for having two weddings, so why does Chelsea get a pass? I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, I'm just speaking in general. She already got pregnant before marriage (twice) so why is Chelsea so concerned about propriety at this point? Having a kid out of wedlock is hardly a crime against humanity, she might as well have just waited until the kid is born.

Agreed. And if she's thinks she's "old fashioned" by getting married before the baby is born, that ship sailed years ago.

• Love 11

I only said something about Kails second wedding because she made a big production out of it and was angry about it and saying things like "I'm pregnant and trying to have my wedding" when she didn't need to because she was already married and it seemed to me Kail wanted a tv wedding. Neither of chelseas weddings are going to be on the show, right? To me that's the difference.

• Love 6

The whole production of Kail and Javi acting as if they weren't already married "Are you sure you want to do this" being ask by friends.  It was so stupid.  Kail mentioned on Twitter she has a wedding invite from Chelsea hanging on her fridge. Wonder who else did. 

• Love 6

She already got pregnant before marriage (twice) so why is Chelsea so concerned about propriety at this point?

10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Agreed. And if she's thinks she's "old fashioned" by getting married before the baby is born, that ship sailed years ago.

I admit I don't catch all the information with these girls. Did Chelsea specifically say she is old-fashioned and that is the reason for this marriage? Did she post something about propriety? Did she say something somewhere about needing to be married before she gives birth or being engaged so she doesn't come off looking like Maci? If so, I'd like a link so I can then change my opinion on this matter.

3 hours ago, Mkay said:

The whole production of Kail and Javi acting as if they weren't already married "Are you sure you want to do this" being ask by friends.  It was so stupid. 

Right. It came off like Maci and Taylor pretending they didn't know she was pregnant.

Karl's wedding was staged just like the stupid proposal. All of that was done for the cameras.

8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I only said something about Kails second wedding because she made a big production out of it and was angry about it and saying things like "I'm pregnant and trying to have my wedding" when she didn't need to because she was already married and it seemed to me Kail wanted a tv wedding. Neither of chelseas weddings are going to be on the show, right? To me that's the difference.

Exactly. In fact, I believe some of us did say Karl was better off having waited to have her wedding AFTER she gave birth so she wouldn't have been under so much stress. But then some pointed out Karl would have missed having her wedding on camera and that is when it was pretty damn obvious Karl was all about having her Bridezilla wedding on a beer budget on MTV.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I admit I don't catch all the information with these girls. Did Chelsea specifically say she is old-fashioned and that is the reason for this marriage? Did she post something about propriety? Did she say something somewhere about needing to be married before she gives birth or being engaged so she doesn't come off looking like Maci? If so, I'd like a link so I can then change my opinion on this matter.

I don't know if Chelsea actually said it, but one of the posters here did a couple pages back.

6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I don't know if Chelsea actually said it, but one of the posters here did a couple pages back.

Ok. So Chelsea herself never claimed such a thing. 

Not sure why then any mention of her being old fashion or trying to follow certain traditions or moral values is being referenced. Moot points.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

^^^This.

• Love 4
On 10/4/2016 at 1:07 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

This^^^.

Pretty sad that we have to defend our opinions.

I think a female who keeps getting married to different guys and insists on having a wedding each time (Leah, and no doubt Kail will be following suit one day) is far more questionable than a young lady having married for the first time.

• Love 6

This is all very weird to me--I guess I am not understanding the fuss of the smaller ceremony now and a larger one later.  Not everyone wants to formalize their marriage at a courthouse, and they kept this pretty simple from what I can tell.  And of course they want to celebrate with others later, so going all out then sounds reasonable as well.  I am sure all that happened is that she got farther in her pregnancy, and they decided mutually they weren't up to the big wedding right now.  I appreciate how they did all of this so quietly and normally!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, alexa said:

This is all very weird to me--I guess I am not understanding the fuss of the smaller ceremony now and a larger one later.  Not everyone wants to formalize their marriage at a courthouse, and they kept this pretty simple from what I can tell.  And of course they want to celebrate with others later, so going all out then sounds reasonable as well.  I am sure all that happened is that she got farther in her pregnancy, and they decided mutually they weren't up to the big wedding right now.  I appreciate how they did all of this so quietly and normally!

Normalcy in the middle of all this fuckery.  Gimme a girl who wants to have a big wedding to the man she loves instead of the emotional abuse, physical abuse, and drug abuse along with the fake titties and fake asses that have become the norm in the TM world.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14
On 10/3/2016 at 5:26 AM, teapot said:

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/10/02/chelsea-houska-is-married-see-the-dress-get-wedding-details-find-out-why-the-other-teen-mom-2-girls-werent-there/

She had a "no taking pictures" policy but someone broke it.  Better pic of her dress;  she's looking very 70s mother-earth

Yikes, no wonder she had a "no taking pictures" policy, I wouldn't want that droopy pancake-ass displayed all over the internet either. 

The way I see it, if Chelsea wants two weddings and can afford two weddings then she can have two weddings. Kail had a quickie marriage for benefits and a big wedding for the sake of her MTV storyline; Chelsea just wants two celebrations with the man she loves. I'm not mad at that. Unsure why anyone would be. 

• Love 8
On 10/7/2016 at 5:27 PM, Katt said:

I don't know what happened to that adorable kitteh with a Sharpied blue face, but that poor kitten the twinses had in the SUV was ran over shortly after that was filmed. :'(

:-o

Terrible!

10 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

953ef0c77f5a4ca3a6e2bd227db921e4?fit=max

Ya know, Chelsea used to drive me bat shit crazy w her immaturity.  I wasn't always sure she'd pull out of it, but she's proven to be a all around good person and mom. I wish her nothing but happiness. She's a good girl. She deserves it.

Oh, these allergies. I need a tissue. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Ya know, Chelsea used to drive me bat shit crazy w her immaturity.  I wasn't always sure she'd pull out of it, but she's proven to be a all around good person and mom. I wish her nothing but happiness. She's a good girl. She deserves it.

I mean, I agree, but I still have no desire to spend five minutes with her IRL

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh, these allergies. I need a tissue. 

I swear, I thought someone was cutting onions around here.

Pretty ring.

• Love 3

I for one am happy that this bride didn't choose the oh-so-original strapless wedding gown that has been done to death. So sick of that look. I wouldn't wear a dress like Chelsea's, but it is nice to see something different.

• Love 7