Type keyword(s) to search

Kailyn: Kail Smash!

SPLAIN
Message added by OtterMommy

Please remember that it is against Primetimer policy to publish home addresses, links to home addresses, or other personal information of anyone--on or off the screen.

• Start Topic

Imagine the heat Tyler or Matt or Adam or Gary would get for purchasing an extravagant ring with only MTV income. Jo doesn't get a pass from me. Vee should be working or going to school too, IMO. Or maybe she should have before planning to get pregnant without any income.

• Love 4
(edited)

But that's what court is for...to figure those things out. It's not Kailyn's job. The court wouldn't order him to pay something he couldn't with his income. He also used the excuse that "he was having another baby," which also isn't Kail's business/problem. Again, get a job if you're so worried about money. Don't buy such an expensive car, or rent more cheaply.

If he's buying such an extravagant ring with credit, he's even more irresponsible than I thought. No excuse for not at least going to school and preparing to work while he has TM checks coming in. Just pure laziness.

Yeah, I don't like Kail, but I don't like Jo either. I don't think everything is all her fault just because she is a less likable person. I freely admit that she is hard to get along with and a very difficult person and honestly her own worst enemy. That doesn't excuse any of Jo's more questionable decisions.

As for the working/not working question; I'm on the fence. I don't think it's important that any of these people are absolutely working full time and banking 100% of the MTV money. I feel like it's more important that they are building toward something more long term by going to school or starting steps toward a career. I doubt Chelsa is working full time but I'm ok with that because she is building a career in the beauty industry while using the MTV cushion to ease the pressure of the parent/work balance. I'm cool with that because when the MTV money dries up she will have something she can step into. In theory Kail is doing the same thing with school, but I am much more skeptical about all that working out. Jo doesn't really seem to be building toward anything much at all so I'm going to give him the same side-eye I'm giving S1 Caitlyn and Tyler.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5
(edited)

Definitely agree. Kail is one of the least likable TMs and that's saying a lot. That doesn't make Jo a great responsible guy and not everything is either/or. I do give him more side eye at times because he had a supportive hard working family while Kail was essentially an orphan who was demonized by his family for dating another guy at 16 after Jo broke up with her. I'll never forget the episode where her mom was literally like, "Well, um, he's my boyfriend. I'm in love," when Kail asked why she always put her boyfriends ahead of her. That's heartbreaking. Jo has no reason to be lazy. I bet Kailyn is one of the first people in her family to get a four year degree at an actual university. That in itself is pretty great. She supposedly gets excellent grades and has worked for the newspaper. She could go to grad school.

Can't stand the girl and her racist entitlement, and her marriage to Javi is ridiculous, and she does a lot of trashy shit, but that doesn't make Jo not a total loser.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say TM2 is a job, however looking at the cast, Cory, Jeremy, Javi and Cole work full time. Chelsea works part time, but will likely switch to full when the show ends. Leah isn't doing jack, neither is Jenelle.

Both Jo and Vee had jobs prior to moving to Delaware, so it's not like they're immune to working. Vee likely won't be able to make enough money to offset daycare costs and there's no family around to help, so I can see her staying home. If Jo wants to live off MTV money, that's his choice, but IMO, when you have two kids to support you should be a little more motivated. The longer you go without a job, the harder it is to get back in the workforce.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

Eh, Kailyn goes to school full time at an actual university, not a technical or for profit one. She has the most education of any TM except Maci (terrifying). Many people don't have jobs while they go to school (Chelsea didn't and that wasn't exactly scholastically challenging/requiring lots of paper writing). The checks for the dads, BTW, are much smaller, hence Adam's bitterness and Jo's money worries.

I remember Vee working at a day care center, I don't know about Jo beyond maybe a part-time gig and his "rapper" attempt. His mom was paying his way most of the time, I believe. Miranda had/has a government job. Jenelle and Leah don't do anything besides get new boyfriends/fiances. I believe Chelsea will go full time when the show ends.

• Love 2
(edited)

All I know is that on the reunion show last fall (which was filmed even earlier, yes?), he told Dr. Drew he didn't need to work to support his kids even though he only gets Isaac on the weekends and while maybe he should get a job, he didn't have plans to do so. Looks like it hasn't changed since then.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2

Vee's ring looks like it might not be a diamond, but in fact a moissanite. That would take the price down significantly from five to four digits. I've seen similar rings than that go for $4000, most of it being in the setting of many small stones. I have a .9 carat cushion moissanite, which is the same size as a 1.1 carat diamond, in platinum. It cost $700. A diamond with the same qualities would be about $5000. My wedding ring is 9 channel set moissanites, and it cost more than my engagement ring just because it has more platinum.

I think comedian Paul Mooney said it best when he spouted " Everybody wanna be a Ni##a, but don't nobody wanna be a Ni##a".

Brooklynista, I SWEAR I was going to use that quote, then erased it. You're absolutely right, it's the quote that fits best.

• Love 1

I gotta ask. How in the world did that rumor about Jo's mom or parents taking care of him become fact?

That is like the whole Cole holds stop signs rumor.

No; he lived with them for quite some time and didn't go to school. He at the very least did not pay rent. I don't know if he contributed financially in some other way. He worked for a time but the last info we have about any employment of his is from 2011. I don't think it's a "rumor" if he openly admits he doesn't have a job, says he doesn't need/want to work, and we saw him living with them.

• Love 1

Jo and Kail lived with the Riveras 7 years ago. What does that have to do with speculation of Janet supporting him now? Or am I misunderstanding the comment?

It is a fact Jo was working. It is a fact Jo lived with his parents. Kail lived with them, too. She also lived with her mother. Nothing wrong with young people living with parents as long as they are in school or working. That is how it was for my siblings and I. We saved money to move out on our own.

Kail and Jo had jobs when they each went to live on their own. Jo moved to NJ for a job and lived with Vee.

Nothing has been shown or said by anyone, including Kail, that the Riveras support or take care of Jo financially currently. Speculation is fine. It is just not proof. If I misunderstood the comment, I apologize.

• Love 5

I wonder if her dreads/wraps were originally for the MTV Movie Awards?  She only took them out because of the cultural misappropriation backlash.  If she wasn't criticized, she'd still look like a Puli dog.

Here are pics of her dress: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3532130/Teen-Mom-star-Kailyn-Lowry-debuts-impressive-post-surgery-figure-low-cut-dress-MTV-Movie-Awards.html

Warning, the link also shows graphic before/after pic of her ass surgery.

• Love 2

No; he lived with them for quite some time and didn't go to school. He at the very least did not pay rent. I don't know if he contributed financially in some other way. He worked for a time but the last info we have about any employment of his is from 2011. I don't think it's a "rumor" if he openly admits he doesn't have a job, says he doesn't need/want to work, and we saw him living with them.

I'm no Jo fan but have to say that even this we don't KNOW. I know of some parents who charge their kids rent if they're living at home and just working and not going to school. (Have to say I respect that, too.)  Of course, usually it is much cheaper doing that than living in an apartment where you pay for rent, utilities, food.  In fact, I've known parents who took the rent, saved it up and returned it to the kid as sort of "nest egg" money. (The kid didn't know that as he/she was paying it, though.)

Any comments on her look for the MTV Movie awards? That dress didn't flatter her at all and it looks bad in general.

For someone who is obsessed with their family image and status and how Isaac dresses, she sure looks cheap.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 2

Eh, Kailyn goes to school full time at an actual university, not a technical or for profit one. She has the most education of any TM except Maci (terrifying). Many people don't have jobs while they go to school (Chelsea didn't and that wasn't exactly scholastically challenging/requiring lots of paper writing). The checks for the dads, BTW, are much smaller, hence Adam's bitterness and Jo's money worries.

I remember Vee working at a day care center, I don't know about Jo beyond maybe a part-time gig and his "rapper" attempt. His mom was paying his way most of the time, I believe. Miranda had/has a government job. Jenelle and Leah don't do anything besides get new boyfriends/fiances. I believe Chelsea will go full time when the show ends.

Adam went on record as saying he makes almost as much money as Chelsea for doing Teen Mom 2. The Ashley commented on that saying from her sources, it's likely true. I think Adam said he made $200K from this season and Chelsea made $250K.

For the record, I'm not too impressed with anyone who chooses to do nothing productive with their day, even if they can afford it. As to whether Jo has become lazy and unmotivated or is temporarily staying home to bond with his baby, who knows. I guess time will tell on that one.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2

I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say TM2 is a job, however looking at the cast, Cory, Jeremy, Javi and Cole work full time. Chelsea works part time, but will likely switch to full when the show ends. Leah isn't doing jack, neither is Jenelle.

Both Jo and Vee had jobs prior to moving to Delaware, so it's not like they're immune to working. Vee likely won't be able to make enough money to offset daycare costs and there's no family around to help, so I can see her staying home. If Jo wants to live off MTV money, that's his choice, but IMO, when you have two kids to support you should be a little more motivated. The longer you go without a job, the harder it is to get back in the workforce.

Oh I completely agree. I'm just saying that there seems to be people upset that some people use the show as a job but think it's ok that others do. It's just as much a job for one mom as it is for another, same with the dads. The ones who actually work are definitely the better of the group, and I wouldn't be surprise if those same people haven't had tax issues (they put aside money to pay, but also probably have refunds they would be getting from their normal job that will partially offset what they owe) and have proper savings accounts (or use the savings to do pay for things like housing down payments). If it is true that all the dad's make $200k per season, I can imagine that Cory has appropriately put money aside for the girls.

• Love 1

Adam went on record as saying he makes almost as much money as Chelsea for doing Teen Mom 2. The Ashley commented on that saying from her sources, it's likely true. I think Adam said he made $200K from this season and Chelsea made $250K.

The Ashley usually has good sources, but I question this, unless it's a very recent thing. The original dads have the new cars and stuff but otherwise they seem to live more modestly than the moms.

Kail looks so tacky.

I didn't like her MTV dress either. The outfit she wore before the surgery was much cuter and more MTV Awards looking.

I think she's manipulative as all get out and unfortunately, she probably cheats on her husband, super unpleasant, judgmental, and as someone who also has a multi ethnic child, I think she's a deeply flawed somewhat racist twat, HOWEVER, I can't fault her on being a bad mom. She's displaying less than ideal behaviors, but no more than a few of the moms I see at preschool drop off and pick up.

And oh lordy, I hate those tattoos.  And I'm almost always the oldest mom at my kiddo's stuff, and I would totally judge her...not for being a teen mom but for being an entitled dick. I'm also sure it's less common in Delaware than here for kids to have multiple ethnic (non-white) identities, but really, she's not doing the rest of us any favors. She's loud. She's crude. She's superior. She's entitled. 

But she does love her kids. She seems to fall more on the side of doing what's best for her kids instead of indulging her own desires at the expense of their welfare. Her own mother was less than ideal but she's avoided the addiction trap.

• Love 1

as a guy, she looks great in that dress. dont know what the negative comments are about. if it makes her feel better go for it. probably not how i'd want my wife dressing, but it comes with being on TV.

I didn't assume she would look like a model after surgery, but geez, it sure looks like nothing that trips to the gym wouldn't fix. Even if she didn't pay a dime for it, besides her chin, it didn't nothing for her.

I know. Her butt/hip area does look much better in the after pic, but she still has a bulky, blocky figure. It hardly seems worth the pain and hassle of surgery to come out looking (overall) not that much different than you did before.

I thought Mail looked okay at the awards show. She's never going to look elegant or classy, because she isn't elegant or classy. But for her, she cleaned up pretty well.

• Love 1

For the record, I'm not too impressed with anyone who chooses to do nothing productive with their day, even if they can afford it. As to whether Jo has become lazy and unmotivated or is temporarily staying home to bond with his baby, who knows. I guess time will tell on that one.

He was staying home and unemployed long before he had the baby.

• Love 1

I like the color of the dress. The deep, plunging neckline is not flattering. If it was not so deep and if she had gone with only one slit that was not so high, it might have looked better on her frame. As Bitter Apple noted, she has a boxy figure. She is also tall. The style of that dress is better suited on someone who is not curvy and boxy.

I can appreciate any female who has curves. Comparing Kail and Chelsea to Maci and Leah, I like the curvy look Kail and Chelsea exhibit.

Is she wearing her wedding ring?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I don't believe Adam's estimate of his salary.  SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS.

• Love 3

Jo and Kail lived with the Riveras 7 years ago. What does that have to do with speculation of Janet supporting him now? Or am I misunderstanding the comment?

It is a fact Jo was working. It is a fact Jo lived with his parents. Kail lived with them, too. She also lived with her mother. Nothing wrong with young people living with parents as long as they are in school or working. That is how it was for my siblings and I. We saved money to move out on our own.

Kail and Jo had jobs when they each went to live on their own. Jo moved to NJ for a job and lived with Vee.

Nothing has been shown or said by anyone, including Kail, that the Riveras support or take care of Jo financially currently. Speculation is fine. It is just not proof. If I misunderstood the comment, I apologize.

Kail lived with them as a 16 year old orphan, essentially. Then she lived on her own while Jo continued to live with his parents. Vee moved in with him and his parents in 2014, from what I understand. Do you have another source that says otherwise? Obviously we can't know 100%, but my understanding was that Vee lived with him and his family until they eventually did get their own place.

The last info we have about him working was from 2011. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no indication he's worked since then, and at least for the past year he has made it clear that he doesn't and isn't concerned about it. And he has definitely never gone to college.

I think Adam is fibbing about the $200,000, but he does about everything.

• Love 2

I like the color of the dress. The deep, plunging neckline is not flattering. If it was not so deep and if she had gone with only one slit that was not so high, it might have looked better on her frame. As Bitter Apple noted, she has a boxy figure. She is also tall. The style of that dress is better suited on someone who is not curvy and boxy.

I can appreciate any female who has curves. Comparing Kail and Chelsea to Maci and Leah, I like the curvy look Kail and Chelsea exhibit.

Is she wearing her wedding ring?

I also like the curvy look and agree with your assessment of how the dress would look better with a couple modifications. A bra would help tremendously, too! Nope. No wedding ring in sight and it's not like she wore a different ring. Her left hand is bare.

• Love 1

Oh I completely agree. I'm just saying that there seems to be people upset that some people use the show as a job but think it's ok that others do. It's just as much a job for one mom as it is for another, same with the dads. The ones who actually work are definitely the better of the group, and I wouldn't be surprise if those same people haven't had tax issues (they put aside money to pay, but also probably have refunds they would be getting from their normal job that will partially offset what they owe) and have proper savings accounts (or use the savings to do pay for things like housing down payments). If it is true that all the dad's make $200k per season, I can imagine that Cory has appropriately put money aside for the girls.

I mean, someone who is filmed only occasionally like Jo doesn't have the camera crew in their face like, say, Corey or Jeremy in past seasons, so I think it depends on the dad. But I agree that it's equally silly for any of them to rely on it alone. Get a job or go to school...take the opportunity to have a college experience or try different things educationally. Get a technical degree... I'm so sick of seeing so many of them (Caitlyn, Tyler, Leah...) claim they'll do something great and never do it. Use the MTV checks to fund a B.A. or at least get an internship to jump start a career you actually want! Makes no sense to squander that time and those opportunities.

• Love 3

Plunging neckline designed for open heart surgery is okay. A skirt slit up the sides practically to your armpits is okay. Both on the same dress is too much, and to be completely frank, neither feature looks good on her specifically. She doesn't have the legs for the sky-high slit, and I've always thought those super plunging necklines look better on small-busted, practically flat-chested women. On women with larger breasts, it doesn't look like a daring style; it just looks like her boobs are falling out.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 6

Of course, I cannot stand Kail so take it fwiw. (And I used to like her and respect her.)  While I think she loves her kids, I don't think she always puts their needs before her own. I was a critic of her moving Isaac away from Jo, for example. And her whole attitude of he can just follow her around - can't stand.

And now this whole thing with the clothes. @@  I am sure there are some little boys who like to dress up but, as the mom to two boys, I don't think most do. Either that or they really don't care. I know my own cannot wait to take off dressier clothes they have to wear them. Her insistence on dressing them that way is all about her and Javi and their nouveau riche identity they've seemed to carve out for themselves. But they just don't stop on having him dress that way with them. Oh, no. They demand Jo complies, too. Because, you know. Isaac's prospective employer when he's 23 is going to care if he wore Polo shirts and khakis everyday to kindergarten.

• Love 4

I don't believe Adam's estimate of his salary. SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS.

I don't either. Jo was damn near in tears when Mail was telling him she wanted more support and Adam engaged in a Twitter catfight with Randy because Chelsea wanted $900 a month. If they were pulling in 200k a year, they wouldn't be tripping over a child support increase.

• Love 4

as a guy, she looks great in that dress. dont know what the negative comments are about. if it makes her feel better go for it. probably not how i'd want my wife dressing, but it comes with being on TV.

I absolutely love the contrast in how guys will talk about something regarding a girl, and how girls will, especially when it comes to fashion. An equally valid opinion but we're obviously coming from a different place ;)

I'm fine with the plunge but as someone else upthread said, it's a bit much when in combined with the slit. It's kind of like doing a smokey eye and a really bold lip, sometimes its just too much. One time I read something that suggested, if you are going to wear a top that covers less (super low cut, crop top, etc.), then you need something that covers more on the bottom (at the least, a knee length skirt), and the opposite applies (want to wear a short skirt? Wear a top that covers a bit more). Not rules you have to follow, but it will change the way you look.

I don't either. Jo was damn near in tears when Mail was telling him she wanted more support and Adam engaged in a Twitter catfight with Randy because Chelsea wanted $900 a month. If they were pulling in 200k a year, they wouldn't be tripping over a child support increase.

I'm skeptical of the amount as well, however if you knew that your child's other parent was making more than you, and now they were asking for more money, I can imagine being upset, especially if you're someone like Adam. I agree with other people's guess that Jo might be doing something under the table, but I think it is even more likely that he just doesn't understand how the court system works for custody (and most people don't and perpetuate wrong information). The amount of things I've heard from people or read on forums such that are such complete falsehoods about our legal system are astonishing, and yet entertaining. 

One more edit:

http://www.eonline.com/news/218334/so-true-so-false-does-teen-mom-s-amber-portwood-really-earn-six-figures

This article is from 2010. According to the documents she had to reveal to a judge, Amber made $140,000 per six month contract.

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/news/local_news/teen-mom-barred-from-seeing-child-s-father/article_6c3c1497-7701-5d97-b77e-8c6fdb3641dc.html 

Another article. The lawyer objected to the reveal of the income, Judge overruled, and then it is said that they make $140,000 per six month contract (and I guess there were two seasons that year, hence saying the $240,000).

Now we just need a dad to be arrested and forced to reveal his income in a public hearing! But seems possible that Adam could be right about the $250,000 for the moms, so I don't know why he'd lie about how much he made as the dad (as I understand, he said both in some instagram post?).

Edited by DoctorWhovian
  • Love 3

I don't like Kail in that dress. It's definitely too much to have such a low neckline AND two huge slits on the side. Plus, I just never like plunging necklines on super busty girls. It just doesn't their flatter their breasts at all. I also don't like whatever color she has going on with her hair right now. I've always thought she looked better with her natural, lighter color. 

Even more interesting is no ring on the finger and she posed with Jo.

• Love 2

Well Adam wouldn't be the first person to lie about his salary, and generally, when someone volunteers their 6 figure salary, I think they're full of it. I also agree that it's unlikely that ALL the dads are just more responsible with their money and none of them live like fat cats.

If The Ashley hadn't backed it up, I would dismiss it as a lie. Now, The Ashley isn't like, all knowing, but she does have inside sources and has broken a number of stories in the past. She also does not publish anything she can't verify. It could still be wrong, but I find her more credible than say, Adam.

It would also make sense of Jo was making 6 figures that he would be worried what kind of support order Kail could get. People were tweeting at Jo (or some form of contacting him via social media that my prehistoric self doesn't understand) about how the courts would never order him to pay more than he could feasibly afford, and Vee responded that Jo had downloaded his state child support estimate calculator and knew what he would be ordered to pay. If it was under the table earnings, not sure how the court could access those records to count towards his income.

• Love 1

Adam has always exaggerated what he has and does. He thinks "doing great" is "not going to jail for a year." He also claimed he'd never gotten in trouble for "anything having to do with parenting" when he had DUIs and was driving Aubree around when he had no license.

Yeah, but Vee and Jo have both hemmed and hawed when asked if he had a job. Why not just say, no, I make enough from the show and I don't care about school or a career? I sometimes wondered if he was doing something illegal because his answers always seemed so shady. Dr. Drew confronted him about it and he said sarcastically, "Do I need to work? Is that important?" And then later, "Well maybe I should get a job, but I guess we'll see," still sarcastically. It was just odd. In her vehement defense of him, Vee never said, "we have enough" or "he has a job, quit complaining." She just complained about haters, etc etc. I thought that was telling.

• Love 3

I do agree that looks to be a pretty expensive ring on Vee's finger from a guy who whined to Kail that he didn't want to go back to court and have to pay a bunch more in child support "because I can't even take care of myself."  I guess when he wants to...he can find the cash, just not for child support.  

• Love 3

Unless he's making a bunch of money under the table I really don't understand what all the debate is about how much he can/should pay in child support. It's not up to Kail to just pick an amount, or him to decide he does or doesn't want to pay it. That should all go through the courts. Heck for all we know when the calculations are done, she could end up owing him child support (I don't think so, but it's possible).

• Love 4

I do agree that looks to be a pretty expensive ring on Vee's finger from a guy who whined to Kail that he didn't want to go back to court and have to pay a bunch more in child support "because I can't even take care of myself." I guess when he wants to...he can find the cash, just not for child support.

Yeah, he didn't say "I don't want to pay for private school" (and we don't know, maybe he did agree to that private school). He acted like he could barely buy groceries or pay rent and they'd take every cent from him. And now he's buying expensive rings?

• Love 1

Unless he's making a bunch of money under the table I really don't understand what all the debate is about how much he can/should pay in child support. It's not up to Kail to just pick an amount, or him to decide he does or doesn't want to pay it. That should all go through the courts. Heck for all we know when the calculations are done, she could end up owing him child support (I don't think so, but it's possible).

Well they SHOULD go through the courts...doesn't though because Jo begs and whines to Kail to not do that.  So they work out a deal on the side because Jo doesn't want to pay what the courts would order him to.  I do family based social work...and I often recommend to both parties to have the agreement done through the courts because then it is another party deciding, etc.  However Jo has had a tantrum anytime there is mention of going to court for an adjustment....so that's on him.  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 6

I just looked up the Delaware child support laws. It says that other children are taken into consideration, so they wouldn't take away from Jo's support of his daughter. They also say that private school expenses are only part of the child support equation under "very limited circumstances," I'm assuming perhaps if both parents are highly religious or if a child has special needs and needs to go to a particular school, so that would be unlikely to be part of the total either. Moreover, it does say you can be incarcerated if you don't pay, which Kail claims has happened to Jo in the past.

Kail's personal income and needs are unimportant. Jo needs to be an equal contributor, period.

• Love 2

I would like to know if the decision to send Isaac to private school was made together or of Kail just decided that on her own and then demanded money for the tuition. I asked this back when that episode first aired but how does it work with things like that? Can Kail just enroll him in any ridiculous expensive activity she wants and then demand half the money?

• Love 3

No. The Delaware child support laws stated that if a child is sent to private school, that is only rarely included, while day care costs are different as they are a necessity.

There had never been any comment about the school being chosen by Jo, Kail, or both.

• Love 2

I don't know what the laws in Delaware are, but here in Florida children must be up to date with their vaccinations in order to attend school in the public school system. Since Kail has consistently refused to have both Isaac and Lincoln vaccinated, private school is her only option. A very pricey option.

• Love 1