Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

The ring story was out there either during or after the catfishing story. It’s not a bombshell. I think Meri is directing her anger at the wrong person. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5

I don't understand.  Kootie melted his ring and that was supposed to be some sort of heirloom or token for "the girls"?  How big was that thing?  Was each girl going to get a drop of gold or something?  One ring certainly wouldn't produce enough to make something significant.

• Like 17
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I don't understand.  Kootie melted his ring and that was supposed to be some sort of heirloom or token for "the girls"?  How big was that thing?  Was each girl going to get a drop of gold or something?  One ring certainly wouldn't produce enough to make something significant.

Notice the article said he melted the ring down to make a piece of jewelry for a daughter, not Leon! That was really cruel. It should have at least have gone to Leon!

And why was it Kootie's choice what to do with the ring anyway? Didn't the ring belong to Meri? She should have been able to keep it (I did after my divorce from Hubby #1).  What gave Kootie the right to take it back besides greed?

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

And why was it Kootie's choice what to do with the ring anyway? Didn't the ring belong to Meri? She should have been able to keep it (I did after my divorce from Hubby #1).  What gave Kootie the right to take it back besides greed?

Rights, shmites. Kody didn't want Meri to have any power over him which in his mind gave him the need to completely obliterate the ring and give the components away to someone not in her blood line. He is an awful man/boy.

Which of course certainly sounds to ME as though he was officially through with Meri for years before she finally got the message. He didn't have to say anything, he showed her by destroying the ring she gave him.

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

You are spot on about Crybrows not accepting being a single parent. She should have seen how he acted before she had King Sol just looking at the other wives' situations.  Even so she expected Kootie to be there every second she felt she needed him and everyone else be darned! 

And you're right that Crybrows not wanting to be a single parent, and that started me thinking about how she always goes on and on about having sister wives to rock on the porch with, and yet how she didn't get it that Kotex was giving her special treatment and the other wives were resentful.

It occurred to me that Crybrows, when she's all gung-ho polygamy, imagines that all the sister-wives are as "hot" as she is and that Kotex is a sex slave to all of them, not just her.  And because she came into this with this (hypothetical) idea of polygamy, it never occurred to her that Kotex *wasn't* treating the other wives the way he treated her, whenin fact the other wives were suffering because of what he was doing for her.

I don't think this show is as scripted or as producer-driven as other shows I watch.   I despise Kotex and to a lesser extent Crybrows, but I think what they reveal of themselves is genuine.  Which is not to say flattering.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

https://toofab.com/2023/12/01/sister-wives-christine-kody-frustrated-secret/

According to this preview, Christine reveals that Kody MELTED HIS WEDDING RING FROM MERI after their official divorce (but kept the diamonds).  Kody is a disgusting POS, but I’m going to skip over that point for now to get to Meri’s reaction.  Apparently she’s pissed at Christine for revealing something she claims is “her” business to tell, and when to tell it.  (Meri dropped hints that she’s writing a book, so I’m convinced this is the real reason she’s mad - she wanted this juicy tidbit for her book).  This is quintessential Meri - always hemming and hawing, always playing coy, hiding secrets, and writing cryptic posts.  Thankfully, Christine (and Janelle?) aren’t playing anymore, and feel free to talk.  Sorry Meri, you snooze, you lose.  

Another way meri and kootie are too much alike.  They both want to drop bombs 

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Another way meri and kootie are too much alike.  They both want to drop bombs 

There’s too many secrets in this family. Meri loves to have secrets between her and another person — she gives off “I know something you don’t know 🎶” energy.

• Like 17
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I stand corrected.  Even though it wasn’t discussed on the show, it was out there several years ago and Meri and Kody never refuted it.  I totally get why Meri felt she was free to move on - if Sam had been real.  I wish she had left the family at that point. 

Kody is still an a$$.  The diamonds  should  have gone to Leon.  The money from the gold should have gone toward family needs.  This having happened prior to the catfish tells me that the storyline of Meri getting a legal divorce  so that Robyn kids could have insurance was a smokescreen. Kody wanted to be legally married to Robyn.  Period.  He lied on camera.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

In the video Janelle says that it wasn't just Kody that gave up a ring. 'They' melted down their rings to make rings for the girls.

When Meri shared it wasn't Christine's to share- if Meri wanted it out there she would have shared over the last 13 years I felt her anger and anguish.

I side with Meri on this one. Christine shouldn't have shared the story. 

Christine seems to be on a jag to hurt everyone that has hurt her. The healthier thing is to let it go and enjoy your beautiful life. No need to revisit that past.

And the show doesn't require it. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

In the video Janelle says that it wasn't just Kody that gave up a ring. 'They' melted down their rings to make rings for the girls.

She does say "we did it for the girls" but I am not entirely sure they all melted down rings. I think it was just Kody's wedding band - a gift from Meri to Kody and apparently a symbol of her "power" LOL. Janelle likely thought it was a great idea to melt it down haha.

47 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

And she bulldozes everything in her way.  She talks over Janelle all of the time.

Christine seems to do this schtick now... "oh I shouldn't say that... oh but I will... was that mean? was that bad?" It's very grating.

I honestly don't care that Christine shared it --- but I can understand Meri being upset. Even though the catfish also exploited "her story" years before -  it was and still is a very sensitive subject (enough that even the catfish said it was something that really bothered meri). Christine knew she was launching one up there. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

Meri will never spill the dirt that she has on Kody and Robyn. She lives in a town called denial. I do believe that Meri is still hanging on to the hope that she can still be part of Robyn and Kody's life. How many times has Kody told Meri that he wants nothing to do with her?  And she sits there looking off into space with a look on her face like she just doesn't understand what he is saying. I am not sure that Janelle is finished with Kody either. 

I hope that this show lasts long enough for us to see them try to sell that tumble weed littered waste land known as Coyote Pass. You know the one that Janelle keeps referring to as her "estate."

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Christine seems to do this schtick now... "oh I shouldn't say that... oh but I will... was that mean? was that bad?" It's very grating.

It is, and I think all this attention she's now getting her is turning her into a Mean Girl. She says she won't have anything to do with Meri because Meri was "mean to me", but she thinks nothing of being mean in return, I guess because she's the golden one now.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4

someone would have a pretty pathetic life if they chose to spend Christmas Eve watching this shitshow.

Not all of my siblings watch this show, but if they did, this would be an ideal cacklefest the night before our Jewish Chinese banquet.

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

All 5 Brown adults are toxic assholes. Seriously. I guess this is what happens when you have a toxic marriage with 5 spouses. I'm glad a few of the adult kids escaped and don't live near any of them. 

Christine is a fame whore who does not deserve the good edit she is getting or a spinoff show. She told that story on purpose, knowing Meri likely hadn't mentioned it because it was embarrassing and sad. She is just as bad as the rest of them. I would love to see Meri share some stories about Christine to return the favor.

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1

I think they would have had to... even with Kody's taste for big, tacky rings, I don't think his original ring from Meri would have had enough gold to make like six other rings for the girls.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think they would have had to... even with Kody's taste for big, tacky rings, I don't think his original ring from Meri would have had enough gold to make like six other rings for the girls.

Well if we are to believe the catfish - they said it back in 2015. Kody melted down his wedding band from Meri to give jewelry to Robyns girls. And that is potentially what Janelle was referring to. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, kimaken said:

It is, and I think all this attention she's now getting her is turning her into a Mean Girl. She says she won't have anything to do with Meri because Meri was "mean to me", but she thinks nothing of being mean in return, I guess because she's the golden one now.

Classic case of the shoe being on the other foot. And let's not forget that Christine endured Meri's wrath for at least 20 years. So if Christine is enjoying having the upper hand now, I'm willing to overlook the snark towards Meri. I just think Christine needs to get it out of her system. Eventually she have her fill.

• Like 20
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, kimaken said:

Agreed.  I will add though I've always got the feeling that Christine could be somewhat a bully, herself.  Not on the level of Meri, but that character flaw has always been there.  Its just in the way she talks about and interacts with her own kids at times that gives me this feeling.  

She is now THE golden wife and I think its gone to her head.   I hope that for her sake she begins to see this and takes herself in hand.  Either that or David clues her in on how she's appearing to the public.  

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Well if we are to believe the catfish - they said it back in 2015. Kody melted down his wedding band from Meri to give jewelry to Robyns girls. And that is potentially what Janelle was referring to. 

If that is true that it was Crybrows girls that got the jewelry, that is really, rilly cruel of him towards all the OG wives. Those girls aren't even his own flesh and blood! Had he given it to other OG daughters that might take some of the sting away. But no, to Saint CB's daughters double sword to hurt Meri even more and to show CB how "cherished she and her kids were".  Despicable!  🤮 🤮 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Well the ring story certainly puts the lie to Kody and Crybrows claims that the divorce and legal marriage were just pieces of paper and not really significant.  Clearly even before the catfish, Kody had a load of resentment toward Meri and had no problem doing something that cruel.  

As for Christine, if she has truly found the love of her life, she needs to just go off and be happy with that.  Telling stories that are not hers to tell just because she wants to get back at someone else is not cool.  I get it that Meri could be mean at times, but as others here have said, I'll bet Christine and Janelle both were not the innocent victims they are trying to portray themselves as now. 

I have always felt for Meri because I have a low speaking voice like her and I'm not very attractive, so people view me differently than they would someone who speaks in a whispery baby voice like Christine and is move conventionally attractive.  It's not a pleasant way to live at times.  I have always felt that some of the evil Meri narrative is exaggerated because of those things that she has no control over like appearance and voice pitch.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Well the ring story certainly puts the lie to Kody and Crybrows claims that the divorce and legal marriage were just pieces of paper and not really significant.  Clearly even before the catfish, Kody had a load of resentment toward Meri and had no problem doing something that cruel.  

As for Christine, if she has truly found the love of her life, she needs to just go off and be happy with that.  Telling stories that are not hers to tell just because she wants to get back at someone else is not cool.  I get it that Meri could be mean at times, but as others here have said, I'll bet Christine and Janelle both were not the innocent victims they are trying to portray themselves as now. 

I have always felt for Meri because I have a low speaking voice like her and I'm not very attractive, so people view me differently than they would someone who speaks in a whispery baby voice like Christine and is move conventionally attractive.  It's not a pleasant way to live at times.  I have always felt that some of the evil Meri narrative is exaggerated because of those things that she has no control over like appearance and voice pitch.  

I don’t think Christine did anything wrong, Meri blabbed the story of the ring to her catfisher back in 2015 and the catfisher repeated the story to internet sites so for Meri to act like Christine revealed a sacred secret that Meri had never spoken of is bullshit!

So Meri blabs her secret to her catfisher but when Christine repeats a story that’s already out there Meri tosses a fit. 🙄

I swear Kody could hire an airplane banner to fly over Meri’s Parowan house everyday for a week pulling a banner that says “I don’t want you anymore Meri, we’ll never be a couple again, so move on!” And Meri would still wonder if they might be getting back together, she’s dumb as a stump!

Meri WAKE UP, Kody doesn’t want you anymore!!!! Get a life!!!!  🙄

IMG_7070.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 3

When I think of someone complaining about a story that was theirs to tell, I think of an intimate trauma like a miscarriage or abortion, rape, or something like that. Not something a person melting down wedding rings. I feel like Meri just wants to find something to be a victim about.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

Two things. 
One, I love that Meri said “it’s like a knife to the kidney!” 
and two.  Somewhere online, here, Reddit etc, people were googling Meri’s ears and saying they were fat looking lobes and huge and hanging and gross and that made her a monster.  Where was that. Because I have big ears and it’s been bugging me all day. 
And I think a person here said people must have a pathetic life if I watch SW on Christmas Eve.  My life is full and happy thank you.  Lord. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Two things. 
One, I love that Meri said “it’s like a knife to the kidney!” 
and two.  Somewhere online, here, Reddit etc, people were googling Meri’s ears and saying they were fat looking lobes and huge and hanging and gross and that made her a monster.  Where was that. Because I have big ears and it’s been bugging me all day. 
And I think a person here said people must have a pathetic life if I watch SW on Christmas Eve.  My life is full and happy thank you.  Lord. 

When I was in my 20s I had the daintiest ears.  I know that's weird to say but mine were a beautiful pink and shell-like. Earrings looked really good on me back then and I wore them every day. 

Then I read somewhere that as we get older our ears grow longer and bigger.  I thought that would never happen to me!  🤨  Guess what?  My ear lobes have indeed grown longer and they are no longer cute and shell-like.  They look like they belong to an old man!  🧐 

Unless one has surgery to get them trimmed back (I think that's a thing) there's nothing much to be done about it. I try to hide mine with my hair to no avail.  

• Like 11

Yesterday, hours ahead of the airing of Season 18 Episode 16, "One on One: Part 2," Gwendlyn did a three-hour live chat. It wasn't a live watch or recap of any episode, just a random chat with patrons.

A couple of people asked her to characterize any abuse from Meri. Here is what she had to say.

At the 2:44:03 mark, Gwendlyn read aloud a question from a patron:

"was meri actually as abusive as janelle says"

GwendlynBrownMeriAllegedAbuse112-03-2023.thumb.jpg.931d206b8f48ffe9760940249c6ce49a.jpg

Gwendlyn's response: 

"I think it's up to interpretation. Not by your (sic) guys interpretation." [i.e. Gwendlyn's video audience]

"I mean like it's up to the specific kid, and it's up to, you know, who says what. So, if Janelle thinks Meri was as abusive as she says, then I think, well, Janelle wasn't abused by Meri, and I don't think her kids had much of the brunt end of it."

"But at the same time, when I say that, I'm erasing their experience. And Meri wasn't abusive with me. And I have a lot of good memories with her."

"Like one time, she gave me this little blue stuffed bunny, and my mom ended up putting it in the washing machine. And then that night I woke up, and there were like four more — three or four more stuffed bunnies in the washing machine. And I woke up my mom, and I was like, 'Mom, the stuffed bunnies multiplied!'"

"I know now that Meri snuck them into the washing machine, so I'd have a surprise when I woke up. But my mom, at the time, was like, 'Shut the fuck up, and go to bed'."

"I — I have — I think Meri was I don't know — she was like more of a disciplinarian, whereas the other parents were like complacent, and they would let their sibl—their kids beat other kids."

"And it turned, you know, Logan into a parent. And Meri knew how to be a parent. And the other three didn't, is I think what the thing was. The other...* Janelle, dad, my mom — yeah. Um, but that's just my perspective." Answer ends at 2:45:29 mark.

[*Note: it was clear while watching that Gwen was counting making sure she meant 3 parents, in addition to Meri. The ellipsis above indicates Gwendlyn's pause as she double-checked her numbers in her head, but the entire statement is quoted.]

At 2:46:57, after more chat about other subjects, Gwendlyn read aloud a question from a different patron: 

"Like what did Meri do that was SO bad that just a comment almost cancelled an entire season? TLC airs almost everything anyway. Wouldn't the truth be better than speculation?"

GwendlynBrownMeriAllegedAbuse212-03-2023.thumb.jpg.df6aba86eb4ce8bf1dfbdba1bf0f23c3.jpg

Gwendlyn's response:

"I agree that the truth is so much better than speculation, because what — like some of it wasn't amazing, but I feel like the truth is a lot better than speculation."

"Like I absolutely agree — that like what she actually did is not as bad as what people think that she did. I think she was just a disciplinarian, when we didn't have one."  Answer ends at 2:47:27 mark.

Source material, via Gwendlyn Brown, available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/youtube-live-94012178

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 10

So basically Gwen is saying that Janelle and Christine let their kids run wild and rough house including hitting their siblings. Meri stepped and imposed discipline at times and Christine and Janelle didn't like this. So far no one has given a concrete example of what Meri did that was abusive. I get it that parents do not take kindly to another adult disciplining their children. But discipline and abuse are different.   So far the only ones that I remember who have accused Meri of being abusive are Mykelti and Maddie. And I don't believe much of the BS that come from Mykelti.  

• Like 22
25 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So basically Gwen is saying that Janelle and Christine let their kids run wild and rough house including hitting their siblings.

In a different exchange, something came up about physical discipline from Kody. Gwen said that whoever used "paddling" about discipline from Kody just meant spanking. Gwen also said that while she considers spanking abuse, Kody never hit them with a paddle, or a belt, or anything like that.

Gwendlyn then went on, however, to say (kind of off the cuff) that her brother (she didn't say his name, but it seemed clear to me she meant Paedon) used to grab a belt. He would force his sisters (I imagine this is about Gwen and Ysabel, and maybe Robyn's older girls, but Gwen didn't specify) to put their hands in it, then he would snap it. She said it hurt "so freaking bad and he never got in trouble for it either which was awful."

Does anyone remember the couch segment with Aspyn and Mykelti? It was either from when they were moving in with each other, or moving out of their shared apartment. They talked about their physical battles, and that (at least) one time when they were fighting, they threw knives at each other.

Talk about "not safe."

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What Gwen said makes sense.

As an aside, why are people stating as fact that Meri is writing a book?

Sorry. I didn't see this before. I feel like this is one of those conclusions the fandom leaps to, based on a possible pointer, rather than hard evidence.

Almost a year ago, Meri made some Instagram post about how every story has two sides, and how there is so much more to the story. In the picture of her, she's holding a book.

It's here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmbwOE9LllV/?hl=en

Edited by General Days
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, General Days said:

In the picture of her, she's holding a book.

I remember the post. I probably posted it here. 🤣🤣 It’s being spoken about as if it’s been officially announced. That bugs me for some reason.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I remember the post. I probably posted it here. 🤣🤣 It’s being spoken about as if it’s been officially announced. That bugs me for some reason.

Yup. It bugs me too (which is why I was able to find her Instagram post). 

It's not an illogical conclusion, but it is so far from a foregone conclusion, but that's how I see it discussed in the wider fandom.

• Like 7

I kind of hope it is true. If Meri publishes a book and the other 2OG see $$ coming in from it, they would probably write their own books to get some $$ too. We might actually then be able to piece together more truths than they will ever share on the TV show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

So basically Gwen is saying that Janelle and Christine let their kids run wild and rough house including hitting their siblings. Meri stepped and imposed discipline at times and Christine and Janelle didn't like this. So far no one has given a concrete example of what Meri did that was abusive. I get it that parents do not take kindly to another adult disciplining their children. But discipline and abuse are different.   So far the only ones that I remember who have accused Meri of being abusive are Mykelti and Maddie. And I don't believe much of the BS that come from Mykelti.  

I never believed that Meri was physically abusive towards any of the kids. Over the seasons I've seen her be loving towards the kids and for Christmas every year, she would give each of them pajamas. I think Janelle and Christine were way more passive with the way they raise their kids. I could totally see all the kids running around, being wild and loud and those two tuning it out because they're used to having alot of kids around. Meri only has one, so it probably bothered her more when all the chaos was happening (not enough for her to be abusive) but I can see her trying to calm things down and stopping fights from happening. 

• Like 19
  • Useful 3

Meri has enough sycophants that will keep her sitting financially pretty for years.  A book would be icing on the cake.

I doubt she'd fess up truthfully anything to do with the catfish.  She wants the sympathy of her army of skanks.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Question for the board:

Had anyone else noticed that during the flashback sequences on the tell-alls, when Suki is questioning Kootie while he's watching these sometimes emotional scenes that he rarely blinks? 

The others, especially during the emotional scenes will blink, make faces, or even turn away.  It ooks me out, TBH.  I have an emotional reaction on behalf of these folks, and I'm not even family.  Yikes.  

• Like 9
18 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Question for the board:

Had anyone else noticed that during the flashback sequences on the tell-alls, when Suki is questioning Kootie while he's watching these sometimes emotional scenes that he rarely blinks? 

The others, especially during the emotional scenes will blink, make faces, or even turn away.  It ooks me out, TBH.  I have an emotional reaction on behalf of these folks, and I'm not even family.  Yikes.  

I did notice this too, and I also noticed his forehead and face looked really smooth with no wrinkles. It totally looks like he got Botox and that could be why he can't make facial expressions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Yes to probably Botox, but I also think he has been coached by Crybrows to show no emotions when others talk. Or he is just so incredulous that anyone could say anything bad about HIM that he just blankly stares.

And yes, creepy as heck!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Question for the board:

Yes, I also noticed this. It looks to me like Kody has really been practicing a stone face for these scenes. He does not want to give away ANYTHING in his face and keep up with the "I don't care cause I didn't love them anyway" facade.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri is so cryptic about almost everything that even when she does officially announce it, we may not get it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

The David Yurman horse ring is supposed to signify strength and freedom, so maybe Kody chose this design because he's free from his three wives? 

Wow. Sounds like a Barnum style marketing line for those "suckers" born every minute. I'm sure Kody feels so very strong with his $jewels$ on while sh*tting on the family he pretended to love for so very long.

I'm sure he was quite the sucker in the gallery of the surreal paintings thinking his grand investment was comparable to a Picasso or Monet and would make everyone think he was a grand deep thinker for having surreal paintings to look at. At least the frames should hold value.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6