Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

TLC has never once allowed a real interviewer. I'm sure all of this is scripted to pull out exactly what they think they want us to hear.

Therr will never ever be a true tell-all interview. We will only get tell-all books, probably from the kids.

No reality "star" would ever agree to a real interview with brutally honest questions. Very few real celebrities would ever agree to that. This is entertainment. Even with the old Barbara Walters interviews, most of the questions were soft ball. I think this interviewer does a good job considering. Its a discussion, not an interrogation.

It looks like part 3 doesn't air until next Sunday because of the Super Bowl.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

No reality "star" would ever agree to a real interview with brutally honest questions. Very few real celebrities would ever agree to that. This is entertainment. Even with the old Barbara Walters interviews, most of the questions were soft ball. I think this interviewer does a good job considering. Its a discussion, not an interrogation.

It looks like part 3 doesn't air until next Sunday because of the Super Bowl.

I agree none of these cornballs is going to sit down for a real interview. They are all horrible to varying degrees. The rest of the no-tell will only be what these fools will allow out.  I think they will only go so far “outing” each other’s bad behavior because they like the money too much and what’s left that we don’t know because of internet sleuths? If there was a real interview, I actually think Kody would be the easiest to break because he seems like he is getting more and more unstable.

TLC should try Kevin Frazier for the no-tells.  He hosted the Little Women reunions and while still softball questions, he was able to get digs in here and there, but again I don’t think TLC will really trash any of these people. I predict any upcoming seasons will be more boring innuendos and imaginary wringing of the hands as Kody pontificates about nobody respecting his authority as Robyn jabs herself in the eye with a 10-year-old tissue 😒

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Even with the old Barbara Walters interviews, most of the questions were soft ball. I think this interviewer does a good job considering. Its a discussion, not an interrogation.

There are a lot of competant interviewers who can ask the questions without it being an interrogation.  Yamiche Alsindor and Judy Woodruff come to mind although they would never lower themselves to be in the same room as these idiots.

The interviews are scripted just like everything else.  We will never, ever see honesty;  these fools don't know the meaning of the word.

• Love 11

Well, I'm hoping for a juicy tell-all interview or book by the other wives at some point. Maybe after the show's cancelled and they're no longer bound by TLC contracts?

We've already established that they love making money and have little or no moral boundaries when it comes to what is being filmed and what is said on camera. A proper tell all would pay off hugely!

• Love 13
On 2/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, Cetacean said:

There are a lot of competant interviewers who can ask the questions without it being an interrogation.  Yamiche Alsindor and Judy Woodruff come to mind although they would never lower themselves to be in the same room as these idiots.

The interviews are scripted just like everything else.  We will never, ever see honesty;  these fools don't know the meaning of the word.

I feel like these one on ones have given us more than they have in the past—but dishonestly is still there, like Meri STILL saying her catfish was just a “friend”. 

• Love 12

Thinking about the quality of interviewing the Browns; I suspect they knew what questions were coming so they had time to prepare an answer. Any "inappropriate" or awkward question will probably have been weeded out before the interview. It's common practise when interviewing celebrities.

Also, I found that you can clearly tell when they are caught off guard or no longer follow the script (as a guideline). Kody attacking the reporter for suggesting he abandoned his other wives comes to mind here. That was unexpected and unscripted!

• Love 14

It appears this interview is being done by someone who has actually watched the show. I’ve watched other tell nothing crap  from a different show, and it’s obvious the person doing it has maybe seen a few clips.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

At the very least, Janelle could have had that rig delivered to an established campground where services would be available year round and recreational facilities there for Savanah.  

It's like they cannot think things through at all.  The only thing in Janelle's mind was apparently "I can park it on our land for free" without taking into account all of the expenses you listed above.  So incredibly dense about the basic steps in life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I would like to see the interviewer ask the question of Kody or Robyn...How could you justify Janelle and Savanah spending the summer months camped out on the Plains of Plague, then scrambling to find accommodations for the winter months?

They would sputter the response that was what Janelle wanted but did they at least offer to have AuroraBreanna double up and Dayton surrender his master suite so they could house Janelle and Savanah until a permanent home could be established.  Did they at least offer to have Janelle pull the trailer to their vacant lot that adjoins their home where they could hook up to their utilities and have some shade from the trees.

Janelle could play the stalwart martyr for herself but no consideration was given to the isolation and boredom that Savanah must have experienced, plus the challenges to secure water, waste removal, electricity and fuel.  All that, plus the waste of their "finite resources". As I understand it and from personal experience, those rigs depreciate like cars the moment you move them from the sales lot. Add in the cost of delivery to and from the lot, storage fees, the purchase of water and propane tanks and visits from the "honey wagon".  At the very least, Janelle could have had that rig delivered to an established campground where services would be available year round and recreational facilities there for Savanah.  

While true, I thought about doing the same thing in the future.  I checked one of the nicer parks that has all hookups and bathroom and laundry facilities, walking area and a small fishing tank.  It is $775 for a full month.  While not as much as the rentals they were living in, still pricey considering it's only a concrete pad and hookups.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

While true, I thought about doing the same thing in the future.  I checked one of the nicer parks that has all hookups and bathroom and laundry facilities, walking area and a small fishing tank.  It is $775 for a full month.  While not as much as the rentals they were living in, still pricey considering it's only a concrete pad and hookups.

When we used these types of facilities, we were traveling/sight seeing so we never remained in one place for more than a few nights.  Any place we ever stayed had unmetered water and electricity hook-ups so that would eliminate those monthly expenses.  Many of the residents had turned their areas into nicely landscaped yards, giving a sense of community and pride of ownership. The negatives for me on a permanent basis would be the lack of privacy, everyone seemed overly aware of their neighbors comings and goings, although on the plus side, it would give some sense of security to know that a strange car in your driveway was suspect. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Cetacean said:

t's like they cannot think things through at all.  The only thing in Janelle's mind was apparently "I can park it on our land for free" without taking into account all of the expenses you listed above.  So incredibly dense about the basic steps in life.

This!!

The same goes for all their ill-prepared quick moves from a reasonably affordable place (I think) to an expensive place (Vegas)  to a freakingly expensive place (Flagstaff). Not to mention their 'interesting' business ventures: As if anyone would consider a gym lead by the Browns believable or making a fortune with MSWC though I have to give Janelle some credit here as she quickly realised that business was doomed to fail and pulled out.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

This!!

The same goes for all their ill-prepared quick moves from a reasonably affordable place (I think) to an expensive place (Vegas)  to a freakingly expensive place (Flagstaff). Not to mention their 'interesting' business ventures: As if anyone would consider a gym lead by the Browns believable or making a fortune with MSWC though I have to give Janelle some credit here as she quickly realised that business was doomed to fail and pulled out.

This! NONE of those women were gym rats or had more than a passing internet in fitness and with Janelle later on, she had to be pushed by a trainer. I like my gym owners to have a passion for the business—people who live (and love) the fitness lifestyle versus someone who just “owns” a business. The Brown Buffoons owning a gym just wasn’t believable. 

I can understand their move to Vegas to a point, there were a lot more opportunities there and they moved at a time when homes weren’t too crazy (I lived in the area for 12 years). The population really went up and crime and traffic got a lot worse over just a decade, so off they went. Now I LOVE Flag and lived there also (NAU), but it’s a small town. Not as many opportunities and expensive AF—and really, it’s full of itself. It’s not THAT great of a ski town, it’s pretty but not Vail, but it’s all AZ has for a reprieve from the furnace that is an AZ summer. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
On 2/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, LilyD said:

Thinking about the quality of interviewing the Browns; I suspect they knew what questions were coming so they had time to prepare an answer. Any "inappropriate" or awkward question will probably have been weeded out before the interview. It's common practise when interviewing celebrities.

Also, I found that you can clearly tell when they are caught off guard or no longer follow the script (as a guideline). Kody attacking the reporter for suggesting he abandoned his other wives comes to mind here. That was unexpected and unscripted!

Kody had what felt like an authentic stumble after he saw the clip where Janelle walks away with her "f*ck off" after his psycho smile. As thought, her mic caught it, but no one seated heard her as she walked away.

It took him quite a moment to get himself back to the asked question.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 2/13/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cetacean said:

They need to let a longtime viewer run the tell alls.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

They need to let a longtime viewer run the tell alls.  

Yes!  Many of us have been there "from the beginningk!"

ETA:  "from day one" as RobChyn says.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add a snarky remark
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  Many of us have been there "from the beginningk!"

ETA:  "from day one" as RobChyn says.

When Robyn used to say that in the intro, it always creeped me out. She would have been 12 years old at the time that Kody married Meri. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
3 minutes ago, Adiba said:

She would have been 12 years old at the time that Kody married Meri. 

And that might have been fine with Sobyn and her nasty (get your scent out there) mother, who knows?  If it’s sanctioned by the cult, it may not matter how old you are when your cookie gets stolen/taken.  I’ve heard worse.  I don’t approve obviously, but I HAVE heard worse.

• Love 12

When the oldest girls were dating, and having a discussion about that with Cody, one of the girls, I think Mykelti? said "Has any one offered for us yet?" When told no, she couldn't believe it. I wonder, was that a part of the church they then belonged to, that older men would offer for the younger girls? Was never sure what was meant by that.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

When the oldest girls were dating, and having a discussion about that with Cody, one of the girls, I think Mykelti? said "Has any one offered for us yet?" When told no, she couldn't believe it. I wonder, was that a part of the church they then belonged to, that older men would offer for the younger girls? Was never sure what was meant by that.

Was that when they were swimming in their neighbours’ pool? They did have a talk about it then. I’m guessing though that they meant this very formal and conservative habit to “ask permission to the father” to take a girl out on a date or just to get to know her.

I supsect this was scripted though. In Lehi I would have found it believable within the confinements of their church society but not in Vegas with the kids attending a normal high school.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

When told no, she couldn't believe it. I wonder, was that a part of the church they then belonged to, that older men would offer for the younger girls?

Yes, that's part of the MO of the fundy groups of the Mormons.  I have seen other shows on polygamy and the old higher level pervs pick out the baby wives and then inform the father.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sharkerbaby said:

Oh dear, well that's certainly going to make things a little icy within the brown clan.  When it was just on tiktoc it could be contained but uh oh, it got picked up and published - kind of hard to ignore it now huh?

Well he is joking about the same comment as his mother was seen making on tv.   They can’t really hold it against him all that much 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Oh dear, well that's certainly going to make things a little icy within the brown clan.  When it was just on tiktoc it could be contained but uh oh, it got picked up and published - kind of hard to ignore it now huh?

Kody already froze them out, any more ice will probably be imperceptible.  🥶  Christine's clan has nothing to lose!  

• Love 14

I can see Robyn having a sit down with “her” kids like she did about the Thanksgiving dinner. She will tell them what a bad boy their brother Paeton (sp) is to dare wear a tshirt questioning what does the nanny do. I love it. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Luvless said:

I can see Robyn having a sit down with “her” kids like she did about the Thanksgiving dinner. She will tell them what a bad boy their brother Paeton (sp) is to dare wear a tshirt questioning what does the nanny do. I love it. 

I love it, too.  Anything that riles up Kootie and Robyn is more than likely well-deserved.

• Love 8

I read an article yesterday where Christine said that their relationship changed when she started telling him no. Just like the post in the signs thread where Meri was basically blaming Christine early on about something and saying it was Christine's fault her marriage wasn't working. So I had a little laugh since Meri said that in season 3 and got a big taste of karma when her own marriage to the douche fell apart. Yeah Meri was that only your fault and not Kody's at all.

Kody wants all the wives and kids to never question his authority. Once they do he holds a grudge and says they betrayed him. That was also in the article about her saying he holds grudges and him saying he doesn't. I wish I could find it to link it. 

• Love 14

I honestly suspect that Kody kept daily journals of every disobedient wife's actions.  Every slight, every single time he felt disrespected by one of the wives or one of the kids.   Wrote them down with times and dates.   So, all those boxes in Christine's garage when she moved him, marked Kody's books, were probably just those journals.   

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think it will be a funny episode.  Kody is supposed to bald faced lie and say he doesn't carry grudges.  He's a scarab beetle and the weight has gotten to him.  

Oh, not a scarab!  That was my favorite piece of jewelry when we saw the King Tut collection in the late 70's!

But, you're right that Kootie can't handle the weight, if he ever could.  He and RobChyn have lied so much, that they believe every BS thing they say, is truth.  

• Love 13
21 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Well he is joking about the same comment as his mother was seen making on tv.   They can’t really hold it against him all that much 

His mother raised 12 kids and homeschooled them while Janelle was working, with no nanny to help, so Christine & Paedon deserve an answer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13

Meri needs to stfu. She was having an emotional affair and ready to leave. Robyn needs to stfu, and quit making it about herself. 

For years Christine was the yes wife. Played nice, did whatever all the family wanted and was made to feel like she wasn't enough, her voice unheard and used. So Robyn and Meri can stfu because she did try and all it got her was a marriage where the other half holds grudges, treats her like shit and never admit things are his fault. Just like Meri said in season three, it is the woman's fault, so they all are going to blame Christine because she should have worked harder on her marriage. Meanwhile the other half can just do whatever he wants. 

Thank you ginger90, that was the article.  

Now I can't wait for Kody to say he doesn't want to talk about Christine. Once again, can't own up to his own part in things and thinks by not talking about it, it will go away. Once again by not talking about her, it is the same as it always has been and he's so hurt, all about him. She has trier over the years and no one would listen. Good for her for not settling for whatever shit he was offering and Meri and Janelle need to take a good long look at their shit relationships with him. Or rather their friendship with him.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Anyone else here just want to smack Sobyn in her quivering, square jaw when she starts to talk about how she is angry about Christine’s choices?  Yeah, yeah, I know . . .

image.jpeg.dc66d8378dfc15cff429636ad3833c86.jpeg

Yes.  It’s not Robyn’s place to put Christine down for her choices, wants, and needs.  It’s not her marriage. I’m sure Robyn doesn’t want any of the other wives giving their opinion on her marriage, home or children.  
Wouldn’t you like to see what Janelle would  say if Robyn started talking smack about Janelle’s choices? Robyn treads very carefully when talking about Janelle’s covid prevention choices. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes.  It’s not Robyn’s place to put Christine down for her choices, wants, and needs.  It’s not her marriage. I’m sure Robyn doesn’t want any of the other wives giving their opinion on her marriage, home or children.  
Wouldn’t you like to see what Janelle would  say if Robyn started talking smack about Janelle’s choices? Robyn treads very carefully when talking about Janelle’s covid prevention choices. 

Oh, I can just imagine the tears and ire if anyone dared to question Robyn about her marriage(s). Did you really try hard enough with David Jessop, Robyn? Just how allegedly abusive was he? Why did you let your kids visit him after Kody adopted them?

I’m not saying that Jessop was or wasn’t abusive, btw. Robyn does tend to rewrite history and talk out of both sides of her mouth, though.

Christine and Kody had been married for 16? years before Robyn joined the family. How does she know anything about Christine’s marriage before or even after that time? According to the Browns, they never 🙄 discuss Kody’s other relationships with him.

• Love 23

What is Robyn's last statement in that 2nd clip?  Is it, " She's part of my big 'pitcher' " ? If so, does that mean Robyn expects Christine ( and everyone else) to remain miserable just so the "pitcher" Robyn has in her head of what the family should be, will remain untarnished.  Sorry to tell you Robyn, but despite your previous efforts ( the reinvented "pitcher" of Kody with her kids at a younger age), you cannot just paint the "pitcher " you like and have it become reality.  If that was so, Christine could get out her crayons and paint a "pitcher" of Kody as a loving devoted husband for herself while you,  Robyn languish in your trailer in "Yoming". And all of Meri's filtered "pitchers" would come true and she would be living with millionaire Sam. How very selfish and self-serving,  arrogant and obnoxious it is for Robyn to think that everyone's life should conform to HER desires and everyone else be dammed.

Please disregard the above rant if that is not what she said. If I misunderstood her, I guess it is because that statement seems to reflect her attitude and behavior.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 23

I just can't with Robyn and that preview. She makes Christine's leaving about her. Robyn needs to zip it and shut her face up, but she's all knowing and knows exactly what went down with Kody and Christine. Considering she wasn't in the picture for 16 years she can fuck off with her bullshit tears and it's devastated her. If it devastated her ass so bad she would have not went through all the Covid rules and let the family be around each other. Or she would have made sure the others wives were included also. She took over Christine's roll by being the yes wife. But she will never be Christine because she doesn't even raise her own kids, she needs a nanny in Las Vegas and now in AZ. Robyn is pathetic with making Christine's leaving all about her and her feelings 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

What is Robyn's last statement in that 2nd clip?  Is it, " She's part of my big 'pitcher' " ? If so, does that mean Robyn expects Christine ( and everyone else) to remain miserable just so the "pitcher" Robyn has in her head of what the family should be, will remain untarnished.  Sorry to tell you Robyn, but despite your previous efforts ( the reinvented "pitcher" of Kody with her kids at a younger age), you cannot just paint the "pitcher " you like and have it become reality.  If that was so, Christine could get out her crayons and paint a "pitcher" of Kody as a loving devoted husband for herself while you,  Robyn languish in your trailer in "Yoming". And all of Meri's filtered "pitchers" would come true and she would be living with millionaire Sam. How very selfish and self-serving,  arrogant and obnoxious it is for Robyn to think that everyone's life should conform to HER desires and everyone else be dammed.

Please disregard the above rant if that is not what she said. If I misunderstood her, I guess it is because that statement seems to reflect her attitude and behavior.  

I believe that's exactly what she said.  I "pitcher" RobChyn sticking pins in Voodoo dolls.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I just can't with Robyn and that preview. She makes Christine's leaving about her. Robyn needs to zip it and shut her face up, but she's all knowing and knows exactly what went down with Kody and Christine. Considering she wasn't in the picture for 16 years she can fuck off with her bullshit tears and it's devastated her. If it devastated her ass so bad she would have not went through all the Covid rules and let the family be around each other. Or she would have made sure the others wives were included also. She took over Christine's roll by being the yes wife. But she will never be Christine because she doesn't even raise her own kids, she needs a nanny in Las Vegas and now in AZ. Robyn is pathetic with making Christine's leaving all about her and her feelings 

Isn't RobChyn just the worst?  I too think she should butt out of Christine's business and keep her piehole firmly shut.   She's just as narcissistic as that prick she's married to.  EVERYTHING has to be about those two self-centered assholes.  It rilly is a match made in hell.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Isn't RobChyn just the worst?  I too think she should butt out of Christine's business and keep her piehole firmly shut.   She's just as narcissistic as that prick she's married to.  EVERYTHING has to be about those two self-centered assholes.  It rilly is a match made in hell.

IMO, Robyn is even worse than Kody.  As big a prick as Kody is, at least you know where you stand with him and can govern yourself accordingly.   Robyn contorts her mean little face into an expression that she thinks comes across as pious and compassionate.  Christine and Janelle have her number but lapdog Meri still patiently awaits any crumbs that fall her way.

• Love 22

That preview is hilarious to me because if I didn't know any better (and perhaps I don't) all three seemed to be delivering their lines - soap opera style. Christine is so clearly a wannabe first year theatre student (she has potential). Kody trying to connect to some past moment to help him emote through the scene - <insert a pause for dramatic effect here> - (it's not working). And oh Robyn, the razzie goes to you. Your gestures are off. You hit the sofa with your little fist to make your point but it was about three seconds too late to be believable. 

• Love 16