Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Did they take out the loan to 1) Pay off Christine for her lot?  2) Get another place for Janelle to live?  3.  Are they broke as usual?

I think #1 is most likely. Doubt if they care where Janelle lives and they are always broke, so what else is new?

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Did they take out the loan to 1) Pay off Christine for her lot?  2) Get another place for Janelle to live?  3.  Are they broke as usual?

4. All of the above and more, probably 

• Love 12

#1 seems most likely for me.  Robyn and Kootie aren't gonna risk that tacky McMansion for an out to pasture brood mare.  Janelle can tunnel into that drainage ditch out on Plague Pass and make her home there, for all they care.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Cetacean said:

The Brown Family Financial Plan - robbing Peter to pay Paul.

When you need money: Find a job and earn money. The Kody way:  sort out another loan and live off that.

I’m guessing that their newest loan is either to pay off Christine or a way to fund family expenses. Didn’t Robyn say that Kody hasn’t worked at all since the start of the pandemic? Yes, I know, TLC money for the show but that’s not gonna cover the much discussed mortgages, rents, monthly expenses, extra loans and the college funds for Robyn’s kids (assuming they do go to college, which I doubt) Does Janelle work at all?

I’m guessing Meri is taking care of herself now and I just realised that divorcing Kody may have been a life saver! He cannot lay his hands on Meri’s inheritance anymore and loan against the B&B. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
22 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Audrey came out as trans with they/them pronouns. Announcement on her Instagram. They look happy.

Good for them! Despite their parents, a lot of Kody's kids seem to be doing just fine. (I know we're not talking about one of Kody's bio kids, but I am including them as part of a general statement.) Are they still going by Audrey, or another name?

Edit: Just checked--still going by Audrey.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 6
On 11/29/2021 at 5:34 PM, deirdra said:

I noticed on the new Coyote Pass plan sketched in proposed property boundaries that Kootie's pond plot is farthest from Robyn's megaplot. Perhaps there is trouble in paradise.

Re: trouble in paradise...I have thought this for the last couple of seasons. Robyn's and Kody's faces are angry. He's not stroking her hair any more. They don't smile at each other often. 0 And the way he caved to her in last week's episode confirmed (

On 11/29/2021 at 5:34 PM, deirdra said:

I noticed on the new Coyote Pass plan sketched in proposed property boundaries that Kootie's pond plot is farthest from Robyn's megaplot. Perhaps there is trouble in paradise.

to me that he is afraid of upsetting her. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

Another ploy for ratings and more attention?

It’s Audrey; she has more credit in my book. From what I have seen on tv, this coming out doesn’t really surprise me. Also, she isn’t such an attention whore as Mariah. I think this is genuine.

Had this been Mariah….I would have had more doubts, knowing her fondness for attention, being in the spotlight and desire to force her beliefs on others.

• Love 8

It's cringe-worthy watching this family implode while Kootie acts like an innocent puppet to Robyn's machinations.  

Hey, ROBYN, a formidable, secure HBIC would've ALLOWED Kootie to go with Ysabel for her surgery, easily forseeing the future resentment coming her way if she didn't at least pretend she cared.  News flash for ya, Robyn, a REAL WOMAN puts a kid's necessary, pain relieving  surgery before her own needs.  You are a despicable human being, and Kootie will pay for this via his damaged relationship with Ysabel.

Can't wait to discuss all of the delicious, passive-aggressive body language (and tee-shirts) noted during the latest eppie.  I'm sure y'all picked up on a lot that I missed.  😊

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Hey, ROBYN, a formidable, secure HBIC would've ALLOWED Kootie to go with Ysabel for her surgery, easily forseeing the future resentment coming her way if she didn't at least pretend she cared.  News flash for ya, Robyn, a REAL WOMAN puts a kid's necessary, pain relieving  surgery before her own needs.  You are a despicable human being, and Kootie will pay for this via his damaged relationship with Ysabel.

A secure HBIC would have INSISTED Kootie be present for Ysabel's surgery.  I think Kootie saying Ysable would have to go on her own for the surgery was the end of the end for Christine.   While husbands "come first-before kids" there should never be this sort of choice in a functioning family.

They really are on a downward spiral.

• Love 19

TV guide.com has episode descriptions for the next two episodes after today's. I don't want to overspoil but it comes up on a search for sister wives episodes season 16. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/5/2021 at 6:04 PM, Teafortwo said:

TV guide.com has episode descriptions for the next two episodes after today's. I don't want to overspoil but it comes up on a search for sister wives episodes season 16. 

If you keep up with this board, you’ll know what is coming😉

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

What an absolute shitstain of a husband or father.  I hate him.

PS:  Robyn, your pants are on fire.

I wish Christine had stated in front of the others - "Kody, at my house you said YOU wanted to move to Utah ... what/who made you change your mind?"

and Ysabel to Kootie - "it's OK Dad, I know Robyn has you by the short and curlies!"

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

Re: Kody's strict social distancing edicts- can someone tell me why they just don't just wear masks?  (I haven't watched for a couple of seasons because I hate them so much, esp. Kody, so apologies if I'm late to the game on this).

• Love 13
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Re: Kody's strict social distancing edicts- can someone tell me why they just don't just wear masks?  (I haven't watched for a couple of seasons because I hate them so much, esp. Kody, so apologies if I'm late to the game on this).

I posted the same thing last week (re: wearing masks), but then I had some time to think about it. That would be too easy. Plus, then Kody wouldn't have any excuse to stay away from the kids that don't belong to Robyn. And definitely no excuse to stay far, far away from Meri and Janelle.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

That would be too easy. Plus, then Kody wouldn't have any excuse to stay away from the kids that don't belong to Robyn. And definitely no excuse to stay far, far away from Meri and Janelle.

THIS!!! O btw, you forgot to mention staying away from Christine... 

Kody is the epitome of a father who has left his wife and no longer cares for their kids because they are only 50% his (the other 50% comes from their rmuch despised, horrible and stupid moms, which means you can't possibly ever love them anymore because they remind you of your ex so much...) 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

How can you insult a shit stain like that?  A shit stain is a temporary accident, a whoopsie that comes out in the wash, fresh and clean and ready to start anew.  There is no soap or action that can change the garbage that is Kootie Brown and make him better or decent or useful.

You are right, what was I thinking?  😃  Too bad they can't "fix stupid."

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

O btw, you forgot to mention staying away from Christine... 

I figured that was a given considering the way he's been treating her and talking down to her.

I also have to wonder if Christine's leaving was planned as soon as they moved to AZ. She was the only wife to buy her own home, while the others rented. She probably did that to invest her money, while the others were pissed away on rent. Buying would give Christine equity, so when it's time to sell and leave Kody, she has enough money to move to Utah.

And since it appears that this might be last season of SW, all Christine had to do was hang in there long enough to go out with a bang...and some cash to start her new life in Utah.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

MsTree, it sounds plausible and it is what I would have done in that position. Christine had to make sure she’d be independent of the family. Buying her house and hoping for some profit would be a good step, particularly if the alternative is somewhere between 3-5k in rent going down the drain. I’m trying to remember when she first started generating her own income, apart from the family and the SW franchise. That’s another thing that’s given her independence.

One other thing I am not sure about: is she actually smart enough to plan such an escape ahead? (I.e. was it all carefully planned?) Or did this accidentally work out this way and did she see an opportunity when it arose?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

MsTree, it sounds plausible and it is what I would have done in that position. Christine had to make sure she’d be independent of the family. Buying her house and hoping for some profit would be a good step, particularly if the alternative is somewhere between 3-5k in rent going down the drain. I’m trying to remember when she first started generating her own income, apart from the family and the SW franchise. That’s another thing that’s given her independence.

One other thing I am not sure about: is she actually smart enough to plan such an escape ahead? (I.e. was it all carefully planned?) Or did this accidentally work out this way and did she see an opportunity when it arose?

Maybe both? Maybe she was working something out and an opportunity presented itself. When someone is as done with a relationship as Christine is displaying, they are going to look for opportunities to make their getaway. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I seriously doubt it.  She is not the brain trust in the family.

Agreed, however her kids and perhaps some other folks she knew on the "outside" such as through Lulano, and maybe even forums like these may have played a role and influenced her.

I just hope she has enough brains to stay far away from polygamy now that she's escaped it.  We'll see.

• Love 9

I don't think she planned it beginning with the move to Arizona.  Kody's name was initially on the mortgage to the house.  She said she had trouble finding a suitable rental at first and that pushed her to buying a house.   I do think her plans began and grew as things began completely failing in Arizona where Kody started being steadily less and less involved with Christine and Janelle and their kids.  

• Love 9

Their move to Flagstaff was very poorly planned, moving in August and looking for rennels after students in this college town had snapped up the cheaper ones. Meri was renting for 3-5K a month because she couldn't find or reduce her expectations to something more reasonable.  Meri, Janelle & Robyn also had landlords who wouldn't renew their leases so they have had to move out and find a new place more than once while they and their kids lived like vagabonds while Christine's family had one comfy home.

• Love 7

Since she sold her house, could the others plan on letting her keep that money and calling it a payout for her share of the Poop Pass?
But then what was the recent 2nd equity loan all about? This family's financial dealings make me twitchy! How can they afford to repay those loans? 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Since she sold her house, could the others plan on letting her keep that money and calling it a payout for her share of the Poop Pass?
But then what was the recent 2nd equity loan all about? This family's financial dealings make me twitchy! How can they afford to repay those loans? 

I don't see how the "others" could have any claim on her profits. She is not married to Kootie, he is no longer on the deed, Robyn is Kootie's legal wife and the other 2 are basically exes. They may have once upon a time had an agreement to pool their cash, but I expect that is long in the past. Christine may lose out on $$ from Plague/Poop Pass but I suspect that is what the 2nd equity loan is for...to buy her share out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

When Christine made the comment, a couple of times, that she was just "pretending" -truth is that she's been doing it for some time, and now is only being honest about it.    With Covid, and so much alone time, I wonder if she sought out her mother's advice on a get-away plan.   Lining up a place to land, getting her personal finances in order, etc.   I think her mother is smart enough to know what had to be done to not walk away with nothing.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't see how the "others" could have any claim on her profits. She is not married to Kootie, he is no longer on the deed, Robyn is Kootie's legal wife and the other 2 are basically exes. They may have once upon a time had an agreement to pool their cash, but I expect that is long in the past. Christine may lose out on $$ from Plague/Poop Pass but I suspect that is what the 2nd equity loan is for...to buy her share out.

Any one of the owners of the property can petition the court to order a partition of the land giving them their share of the property OR to order a forced sale of the entire tract and divide the profits according to their percentage of ownership.  I’ll presume it’s titled jointly in the 4 wives’ names.   I’m not sure how the liens impact this.  

• Useful 6
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ll presume it’s titled jointly in the 4 wives’ names.   I’m not sure how the liens impact this.  

There are currently 4 legal properties (not 5) with 2-3 names on each plot in combinations that defy explanation, but I don't think they thought through carefully when they bought and mortgaged the lots. I think they will have to buy out Christine on the plot with her name on it or sell it off.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

There are currently 4 legal properties (not 5) with 2-3 names on each plot in combinations that defy explanation, but I don't think they thought through carefully when they bought and mortgaged the lots. I think they will have to buy out Christine on the plot with her name on it or sell it off.

Have they already legally subdivided the property?

• Useful 2

I think the Kody Covid Crisis is all faux drama for the show, thought up by him.  Nothing like taking advantage of a pandemic to keep your show relevant.  Why don't they ever wear masks - especially super paranoid Kody?

Are any of them vaxxed now?

• Love 8

What bothers me about the 4 plots is that Kody’s name is on all of them, while some like Meri has her name only one one plot with two other people. If they sell all those properties and split the money from each plot based one whose name is on it, Kody comes away with more than all the wives. If he suddenly dies, his legal wife gets his share. I don’t for a minute believe Kody set up a Will dividing all his assets equally. 

I am sure the latest $130,000 loan is to pay the bills on the mansion. No way does Robyn take out a loan on her house to give money to Christine or buy them out. She and Kody needed the money. I give it two years before they are out of the mansion.

What kills me is that Robyn is the only one who doesn’t have an outside source of income. Meri, Christine and Janelle are out there hustling their MLMs as Robyn sits in her ivory tower deciding who Kody is allowed to speak with today. Wasn’t Kody even selling stuff at a gun show? 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Love 15

Robyn is the "Queen", she doesn't have to have another source of income. Kootie is her source.. where he gets it is questionable at best...loans/bankrupturies whatever... he'll take any money he finds/ can/coerce..

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Annnd the part they didn’t show from the preview is when Meri hears something she doesn’t like and her “walls” go up. MERI is the one who brought it all up: “it makes me feel like there’s still…..’something’”.

I know I said it before but when Meri threatens to build her walls, they should all just let her. Meri, you can’t start a potentially painful conversation and then bow out and cry “walls”when you’re beginning to lose ground. What an absolute coward. 

#FakingMyLife 
#PretendingWhoIAm
#WallBuildingWoman
#BecauseI’mScared

• Love 10

Agree about the walls….who cares Meri.  To me Meri’s walls are irrelevant to everyone but her. Just chatter in her mind.

I do understand Janelle’s concern that if Meri had that great pond on her property she would restrict use to other family members.  However, from the diagram of their old house…..I get why Meri didn’t want others tracing through her apt all day in the big house.  That’s just too much, imo.   Get why Janelle didn’t want that extra exercise of going outside.  

Oh, BTW, do they have mosquitos in AZ?  That pond would be a nuisance imo.  

• Love 6