Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: The Silent Partner

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wish I could hire Trevor to manage my finances. Those were some magically successful financial returns, weren't they??

Whatever he was in was extremely volatile if it oscillated between +200,000 to -48,000 to +187,000 in the span of a few moments.  And he was shorting which opened Sam and Jay up to much greater losses than just the $10,000 he started with.  I guess it's easier to take that risk when you're dead.  But like all good investors, he was playing with other people's money.

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I went back and looked and, sure enough, Carol had her purse over her shoulder when she died. I wonder if her phone is in there and whether or not she could call people with it. That would be a cool thing to explore.

I’m guessing her physical phone is in the bag found on the corpse, so she probably can’t use Verizon’s physical towers to call from the Great Beyond with the phone she has now.  It is a cool idea though.  Also bag-related, brought about by Sass and Hetty’s remarks about finding out what’s in Carol’s bag - can the ghosts stick their heads into another ghost’s closed bag  the way they can into a living’s bag?  Probably not, right?  It would be like walking through another ghost, and I don’t think they can do that. 

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

(I hope they realize they have to pay short term gains tax on that)

Who, the people that gave $10K to a ghost?  Oh yes, no doubt…

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

This episode was great. Poor Pete. My heart was breaking for him when Carol was all "oh, I know about cheating from soaps" LIAR!

One of the things I love about this show are little moments, it's like this with a lot of shows I really like, where characters do some little thing that isn't really important and feels more like the character than the actor. In this ep it was when Hetty and Pete were talking in the beginning. While Hetty was her usual snarky self, the whole time she was rubbing Pete's back. It's little details like that that I love. Also, their laughing together about Carol's death was what Pete needed. 

Another was the faces Alberta was making when Sass and Hetty came interrupting the Pete/Carol moment with a plan to lick Carol's candy (oh, that sounded as bad as being sucked off lol). 

I agree about loving the various pairings. Sass and Hetty were hilarious this ep and it seems very in character that that is the sort of thing they'd bond over. I imagine them being gossip buddies. 

As much as I don't want Carol to stay too long, so I think she really worked in this ep. 

Add me to Team Jay regarding the money. WTF is Isaac going to do with the money? He doesn't need it to "live" while Jay and Sam are trying to make a living there, which will benefit everyone in the long run. 

I don't blame him from lashing out, and I don't even blame him for saying Isaac isn't real because, quite frankly, he has little proof that he is, and Jay is super stressed, and he's very alone. Sam has a family of like 9 or more (depending on which ghosts you include) while Jay has a family of Sam. That's it. She's all he really has out there in the country, sometimes Sass in his dreams now, but only really one person he can talk to. 

That said, he and Sam really need to come up with a codeword or gesture she can use when there is a ghost around so Jay will know when he is being overheard. That alone has got to be stressful. The man can't do anything in his own home without wondering if he's being watched. 

Like, does he have to go past the ghost barrier every time he wants to have a bit of a tug? Yikes.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

One of the things I love about this show are little moments, it's like this with a lot of shows I really like, where characters do some little thing that isn't really important and feels more like the character than the actor. In this ep it was when Hetty and Pete were talking in the beginning. While Hetty was her usual snarky self, the whole time she was rubbing Pete's back. It's little details like that that I love. Also, their laughing together about Carol's death was what Pete needed.

Given the way they were bonding at the beginning of the episode, for the briefest of moments, I wondered if Pete was going to tell Carol he'd been seeing Hetty, or if she would volunteer herself for that role :p. That could've been entertaining, too :D. 

But yeah, it was nice to see them connecting like that at the start. Especially given the snarky comments Hetty's often made about Carol cheating on Pete over time. I liked seeing her being a little more sympathetic to what he must've been going through here as a result. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

It's always assumed that Jay is supposed to go along with their shenanigans, all while they spy on him, invade his dreams, and try to fuck his sister.

Amen.  Which reminds me that now Trevor has two strikes against him in Jay's book: the sister thing and the fact that he had the gall to use his laptop without permission to invest money that he had no right to mess with in the first place.  Trevor can be a real prick.

2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I like your idea of Nigel possibly taking Jay's side and trying to help Isaac look at the situation from his angle. That would've been cool to see, both because it'd be interesting to see them debating this topic and also because I like the idea of Nigel taking Jay's side on something. We haven't seen him interact much with Sam and Jay (well, interact as much as he can with Jay, at least :p), so it'd be nice to see him be more involved in a plot with them at some point. 

We know Jay annoys Nigel by speaking in an English accent every time he knows he's in the room ("that never gets old").  I can see Nigel, as an observer more than a participant in most of the ghosts' shenanigans, appreciating Jay's perspective, and I can imagine that as an opportunity for yet another quarrel between our ever-squabbling lovers ("that's just what I'd expect from a money-grubbing Yankee!").

• LOL 2

I think Sam and Jay need to learn to say no to the ghosts. Jay could get creative and have theme nights featuring food from different eras so his time and food won't be wasted. He could have patrons use the ghost table if they aren't in the room. The ghosts have been angry with Sam when she's reminded them that they are dead so that could be why she grew angry with Jay. He also has living family and Sam doesn't so she maybe extra sensitive to their needs.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm team Jay, they gave 10k to ghost tondo what with?  

They probably should have gave Trevor some money to play with more. Lol 

I thought maybe after Pete called out Carol that would have been his or her unfinished business and one of them would be sucked off.  

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'm team Jay, they gave 10k to ghost tondo what with?  

They probably should have gave Trevor some money to play with more. Lol 

I thought maybe after Pete called out Carol that would have been his or her unfinished business and one of them would be sucked off. 

I don't think Carol will leave until Flower returns.  They are short on female ghosts in the cast right now.  And I assume this requires Pete and Carol to reconcile before that happens as well.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Carol looked a little dazed after learning that Pete found out about her affair 2 years ago.  It might take a little time for her to process that information!  She thinks she was sly and probably justified the affair in her mind.  Now she knows how much she hurt Pete, and she will probably have some guilt to work through.  If she has no remorse, then she's a cold bitch.  ;) 

• Like 9
48 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

Carol looked a little dazed after learning that Pete found out about her affair 2 years ago.  It might take a little time for her to process that information!  She thinks she was sly and probably justified the affair in her mind.  Now she knows how much she hurt Pete, and she will probably have some guilt to work through.  If she has no remorse, then she's a cold bitch.  ;) 

The camera sure zoomed in on Carol's look, but I didn't look too closely, and I haven't rewatched the episode in which Carol first comes to the Woodstone.
Is there any chance that some of this was misinterpreted?
Like maybe Carol and Pete's best friend didn't consummate their relationship until after Pete died?

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying Carol as the newest ghost. I know that she cheated on Pete and doesn't seem to feel any remorse, but Hetty had factories run with child labor and Thor was a Viking, so definitely a rapist, and they don't feel any remorse for their sins either. Pete thinks that Carol thinks he's pathetic, but Carol didn't actually do or say anything to suggest that. In fact, it was the opposite. She seemed genuinely pleased that he was dating other ghosts. And not in a "now I don't have to feel guilty" way. To me, it seemed more like running into an old high school boy/girlfriend 20 years later and being happy for them that they got married.

I laughed so much at Jay (and the ghosts) getting into pipe unclogging videos because they're oddly satisfying. I don't watch those, but I have gotten into hoof trimming videos and yeah, there is something weirdly soothing about a Scottish guy cleaning up a cow's hoof.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 3/14/2024 at 8:30 PM, Annber03 said:

I do feel this isn't the last we'll hear of this money, though - whether it goes to the restaurant or to Isaac's upcoming wedding or his new living quarters with Nigel, or maybe a mix of all three, I do hope we get to see what comes of all this money at some point by the time this season ends :).

I thought Jay was a jerk to assume they'd spend all the money on the restaurant. They could have compromised by asking Isaac only for $10K, but letting him keep the rest of the money that Trevor's investment made. That way Isaac can still spend some on a wedding and keep some savings for any future needs.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Carole and her lying ass can get sucked up or down any time but I'm assuming it's gonna hinge on whether or not she truly owns up to her lies. It might be interesting if she stood on business and refused and then got snatched to Hell like Hetty's husband lol. 

Carol and Elias might make a cute couple!

14 hours ago, PaulE said:

Which reminds me that now Trevor has two strikes against him in Jay's book: the sister thing and the fact that he had the gall to use his laptop without permission to invest money that he had no right to mess with in the first place. 

This is the second time Trevor has gotten into their finances. Remember the Nigerian Prince? It was a lucky break that Sam got a fraud alert. Sam and Jay really, really need to update their passwords and keep that laptop closed when they're not using it! You'd think they'd have learned their lesson by now.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Sam and Jay really, really need to update their passwords and keep that laptop closed when they're not using it! You'd think they'd have learned their lesson by now.

While Sam would know if the ghosts are watching her log in, Jay would not be able to use the computer without Sam around in order to make sure there isn't a ghost lurking over his shoulder watching him type in his password. Jay is always at a disadvantage in his own home. It is sad that he really doesn't know what secrets of his are not so secret. Hell, even in his dreams he can't be sure Sass isn't watching. At least now he knows what Sass looks like, the ghost can't sneak around manipulating and spying in his dreams. 

• Like 10

Jay could use his fingerprint or facial recognition to log in.

Are there "games" in which a user makes investments in stocks etc., but it isn't real money?  Sam & Jay could let Trevor "sneakily" use one of those so he would think he is making (and losing) real money, but he wouldn't be affecting their real finances.

• Like 4
(edited)

$20,000 for a book advance about an obscure dude from Revolutionary times seems like a really high number, especially with this being Sam's first book. 

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Is there any chance that some of this was misinterpreted?

I don't think so.  It was pretty clear that she cheated.  Plus, she was enjoying it way too much when telling Pete how to get away with cheating.  She's not sorry about it, but maybe seeing Pete's reaction will make her feel some remorse.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Especially given the chaos Trevor's caused with their devices in the past :p. 

With all the trouble Trevor has caused by accessing various devices, by this point I would have switched over to biometric security on everything.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Like maybe Carol and Pete's best friend didn't consummate their relationship until after Pete died?

No, she told Sam they were having an affair while Pete was still alive:

Sam said she bet Pete would be really happy Carol and Jerry came, and Carol said she wouldn't be so sure (because, as we later learn, she thought Pete knew about the affair).  When Sam asked her what she meant, Carol said there was something shameful weighing on her.  Jerry tried to stop her from involving Sam and Jay, but Carol said she wanted to get it off her chest.  Sam had figured out what was about to happen, so tried to stop her, since Pete was there, but Carol said sometimes it's easier to say things to strangers and then "Jerry and I were having an affair while Pete was still alive".

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

I don't know if I'd say that Carol was enjoying herself with all the affair stuff, myself. I think she's still kind of processing being reunited with her husband again, especially in these circumstances, and it's not easy to figure out the right time to really broach this topic. Especially since she didn't know that Pete knew about her affair at this point - it probably still hasn't fully occurred to her yet that Pete would've been on the property and overhearing her confession to Sam and Jay about her affair.

So I think some of her behavior here was more her trying to cover for any anxiousness and nervousness she might've felt about the idea that Pete either knew of her affair or would find out about her affair, as well as having to come face to face once again with her husband that she'd cheated on all those years ago. There may have been a little bit of a thrill for her, but I do think a lot of it was just the sheer general awkwardness of the entire situation coming through. 

• Like 4
18 hours ago, PaulE said:

Which reminds me that now Trevor has two strikes against him in Jay's book: the sister thing and the fact that he had the gall to use his laptop without permission to invest money that he had no right to mess with in the first place.  Trevor can be a real prick.

Oooh, I feel like Trevor is being maligned here somewhat unfairly .  The sister thing was Trevor being in love, can’t hold it against him in good conscience.  As for the money, whatever we think about Sam’s decision to give it to Isaac, she did give it to him and the money is Isaac’s now.  And Trevor is Isaac’s financial advisor (whether self-appointed on the spot or they have a formal agreement I don’t know, but Isaac did not dispute it when Trevor said it and proceeded to listen to Trevor’s advice).  So Trevor may technically have had the right to invest the money for his client there.

20 hours ago, Lugal said:

Whatever he was in was extremely volatile if it oscillated between +200,000 to -48,000 to +187,000 in the span of a few moments.  And he was shorting which opened Sam and Jay up to much greater losses than just the $10,000 he started with.  I guess it's easier to take that risk when you're dead.  But like all good investors, he was playing with other people's money.

That’s the job of a financial advisor though, to play with other people’s money, isn’t it?  The part where he used Sam and Jay’s account and they would be on the hook for any losses is more than questionable, to be sure.  Maybe they should find a way to open a separate account for Isaac somehow and let Trevor play with that, even for real.  Then Isaac could feel really rich and dream of buying Virginia.

20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That said, he and Sam really need to come up with a codeword or gesture she can use when there is a ghost around so Jay will know when he is being overheard. That alone has got to be stressful. The man can't do anything in his own home without wondering if he's being watched. 

Like, does he have to go past the ghost barrier every time he wants to have a bit of a tug? Yikes.

That’s a fundamental issue though that going over the property line will not solve.  Jay has to assume that there are always ghosts around watching him, just different sets of them in different locations.  He needs to either never do anything he does not want seen or stop caring.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, shura said:

Maybe they should find a way to open a separate account for Isaac somehow and let Trevor play with that, even for real.  Then Isaac could feel really rich and dream of buying Virginia.

This reminds me, by the way, that I love how Isaac - and Hetty, as she's done this, too - frame money discussions in terms of what states they'd be able to buy :p. It's such a perfect little nod to the time period they're from. I keep imagining what their reactions must've been when they found out we now have fifty states, LOL. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

No, she told Sam they were having an affair while Pete was still alive:

Sam said she bet Pete would be really happy Carol and Jay came, and Carol said she wouldn't be so sure (because, as we later learn, she thought Pete knew about the affair).  When Sam asked her what she meant, Carol said there was something shameful weighing on her.  Jerry tried to stop her from involving Sam and Jay, but Carol said she wanted to get it off her chest.  Sam had figured out what was about to happen, so tried to stop her, since Pete was there, but Carol said sometimes it's easier to say things to strangers and then "Jerry and I were having an affair while Pete was still alive".

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, shura said:

That’s the job of a financial advisor though, to play with other people’s money, isn’t it?  The part where he used Sam and Jay’s account and they would be on the hook for any losses is more than questionable, to be sure.  Maybe they should find a way to open a separate account for Isaac somehow and let Trevor play with that, even for real.  Then Isaac could feel really rich and dream of buying Virginia.

😄❤️

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I don't know if I'd say that Carol was enjoying herself with all the affair stuff, myself.

Right before Pete blew up at her, she was going into detail on how to cheat on your partner without them figuring out that you're cheating.  She seemed rather happy to explain it to him!  She didn't out herself in that moment, but said she knew this by watching her soap operas.  That's when Pete lost it.  

• Like 8

Yeah, that's an example of the kind of awkwardness I was thinking of - like if she were able to distract him with her "advice", as it were, perhaps that'll either buy her time to figure out how to have, or, more likely, help her avoid having, what would no doubt be a very difficult conversation.

Either that, or maybe the idea that Pete also supposedly wasn't being faithful affected her attitude as well. Even if she's not quite ready to talk to him about her affair, maybe her belief that Pete was sneaking around made her feel just a little less guilty about her own actions as a result?

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Especially since she didn't know that Pete knew about her affair at this point

They're ignoring the fact her first episode established her as believing Pete knew about the affair (and Sam certainly couldn't chime in to say "He says he didn't", so Carol would have died continuing to believe that).

Of course, they're ignoring just about everything from that first episode, in which Carol was a multi-dimensional, relatable person, in favor of making her an oblivious thorn in Pete's side.  After Sam (to whom Carol had confessed the affair as I detailed above) read Pete's note in his handbook about forgiveness, Carol thanked her, and then walked off by herself and said, "Oh, Pete, I know you can't hear me, but I want you to know from the bottom of my heart: I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry. I would never want to hurt you."  That's not a woman who'd be joking about knowing all about cheating from her soaps, of course, not personal experience, even if she believed Pete never knew about the affair.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Cress said:

I thought Jay was a jerk to assume they'd spend all the money on the restaurant. They could have compromised by asking Isaac only for $10K, but letting him keep the rest of the money that Trevor's investment made. That way Isaac can still spend some on a wedding and keep some savings for any future needs.

Trevor shorted it putting Jay and Sam's money at risk.  He even specified that Jay and Sam would owe the money, not Isaac.  So, if anything, Isaac could have the original $10K back and Sam and Jay get the rest.  it was 100% their risk (whether they knew of it or not).

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Regarding Pete removing his arrow, if you watch in slow motion, you can see he drops it and then it flies back into his neck

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

"Oh, Pete, I know you can't hear me, but I want you to know from the bottom of my heart: I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry. I would never want to hurt you."

It's easier for her to say she's sorry to a dead person than to have to have a face-to-face conversation about it with them! The last straw for him was hearing her talk about how to cheat without your spouse knowing about it.  She wouldn't have said it that way had she known that he already knew the details, but she did and now she knows that she really hurt him.  

15 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Regarding Pete removing his arrow, if you watch in slow motion, you can see he drops it and then it flies back into his neck

The sound of it going through his neck again made me cringe!  Ick!!

• Like 4
19 hours ago, shura said:

Then Isaac could feel really rich and dream of buying Virginia.

Delaware. And this is the second time he's made a joke about buying Delaware. (Or maybe it was Hetty the first time.) What is it about Delaware? Was it for sale at one point? Do the writers have it in for Delaware or something?

• Like 3

Isaac said Rhode Island the first time, when Sam gave him the 10K.  No, no, Delaware is small potatoes, Isaac can buy it twice already (not that he’d want to).  Now that he has seen what Trevor can do with his money, it’s time to dream big.  Virginia at least.  And not the present-day rump either, the original one, from before they split it.  Sass will probably suggest it next time he is bored.

When did Hetty talk about buying a state? I cannot remember.

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, shura said:

When did Hetty talk about buying a state? I cannot remember.

She's never talked about buying a state, but she did say in one episode once that some item in the house was worth more than Oklahoma, or words to that effect :p. 

I remember hearing that Isaac's "Rhode Island" line from the season finale was an adlib from Brandon Scott Jones :D. 

• Useful 3
On 3/15/2024 at 4:18 PM, Skooma said:

He mentioned it this very episode.  Wharton.  Which is Ivy League.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharton_School

He's previously talked about the Ben Franklin statue at Penn, so that makes perfect sense.

On 3/15/2024 at 5:26 PM, Daff said:

Easier sweep up of any spilled fluids, and to help prevent them from seeping permanently into the wooden floors. They’re choosing to focus upon the most pungent (although, stale beer is pretty rank).

Yep, spilled beer is the reason some dive bars encourage patrons to drop the shells from the provided peanuts on the floor.

• Like 2
On 3/17/2024 at 12:29 PM, iMonrey said:

Delaware. And this is the second time he's made a joke about buying Delaware. (Or maybe it was Hetty the first time.) What is it about Delaware? Was it for sale at one point? Do the writers have it in for Delaware or something?

To be honest, Delaware would be worth owning, given its position as a major financial center.  But otherwise, it's a mostly boring state with some nice beaches.  But hey, tax-free shopping?  (Can you tell I live next door in Maryland? 😏)

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
31 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

To be honest, Delaware would be worth owning, given its position as a major financial center.  But otherwise, it's a mostly boring state with some nice beaches.  But hey, tax-free shopping?  (Can you tell I live next door in Maryland? 😏)

But how can you call Delaware boring?  You've forgotten those invigorating arguments Delawareans have about whether their state is southern or northern! (You Marylanders get into that, too.) 🙂

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

As a former Delawarean, I'd argue that we spend more time defending the Mid-Atlantic region's existence, than arguing whether we're Northern or Southern. 

That aside, in Isaac's time, Delaware was still mostly seen as Pennsylvania's "lower counties", so I'm not surprised he'd consider it cheap and lacking value. I doubt he's been brought up to date on Delaware's history and present geo-economical value.

Edited by Night Cheese
Correcting autocorrect
  • Like 5
36 minutes ago, Night Cheese said:

As a former Delaware and, I'd argue that we spend more time defending the Mid-Atlantic regions existence, than arguing whether we're Northern or Southern. 

That aside, in Isaac's time, Delaware was still mostly seen as Pennsylvania's "lower counties", so I'm not surprised he'd consider it cheap and lacking value. I doubt he's been brought up to date on Delaware's history and present geo-economical value.

Yep, we are Mid-Atlantic, too. 😁

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Night Cheese said:

My question is whether Isaac actually believes a state could be purchased, not how much it would cost. I mean, I don't even think that was a thing back when Isaac was alive. Is he just making a joke that Delaware is so tiny/insignificant it's not worth much money? Possibly, but Isaac's comments usually demonstrate how little he understands how much has changed since his time. It was only last season that Sam had to explain to him that Britain and America are no longer enemies/rivals. That's what makes me think he actually thinks someone could buy Delaware.

• Like 2

Just an offbeat connection that I made while watching the show: Delaware is Biden's adopted home state and Wharton is Trump's alma mater (and, like Trevor, he was fond of reminding people of it). 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

As a former Series 7 certified associate, Trevor's investing was very very risky. Short selling is basically selling stock you don't currently own, but you have a specified time/date to buy it so that it can exchange hands.  You're betting on the price being much lower than what you sold it at. 

Obviously it was sped up for tv, accounts don't fluctuate that fast up & down.  Over the course of a few days, possibly.

There's no way Sam & Jay should ever allow Trevor to invest in short-selling with their money, unless they can afford to lose, which right now, they can't.   They need to be careful, the SEC monitors short-salea very closely to make sure people don't capitalize on insider information.   That's all Sam & Jay need is the SEC, OCC, or Atty General breathing down their necks.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
On 3/19/2024 at 8:41 PM, roamyn said:

As a former Series 7 certified associate, Trevor's investing was very very risky. Short selling is basically selling stock you don't currently own, but you have a specified time/date to buy it so that it can exchange hands.  You're betting on the price being much lower than what you sold it at. 

Obviously it was sped up for tv, accounts don't fluctuate that fast up & down.  Over the course of a few days, possibly.

There's no way Sam & Jay should ever allow Trevor to invest in short-selling with their money, unless they can afford to lose, which right now, they can't.   They need to be careful, the SEC monitors short-salea very closely to make sure people don't capitalize on insider information.   That's all Sam & Jay need is the SEC, OCC, or Atty General breathing down their necks.

58 minutes ago, mojito said:

It's a comedy. About ghosts.

True and true.

• Like 1
On 3/19/2024 at 6:41 PM, roamyn said:

AKA: borrowing money from the loan sharks for high stakes gambling.

Could Jay and Sam try to claim that they had been victims of identity theft and shouldn't be held liable for the transactions of someone who hacked into their account?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 3/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, Driad said:

Are there "games" in which a user makes investments in stocks etc., but it isn't real money? 

Go to https://www.marketwatch.com/ and click on "virtual stock exchange" at the bottom of the page.

You can trade to your heart's content without spending a dime of real money.

• Useful 5
(edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 5:02 PM, shura said:

[snip]

Jay has to assume that there are always ghosts around watching him, just different sets of them in different locations.  He needs to either never do anything he does not want seen or stop caring.

Like we all do, right?

Right???

Edited by RedHawk
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 5

I greatly disliked this episode for one reason...Jay.

As long as we are talking ghosts here its as if the writers that wrote for BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE rose from the grave....never watched an episode and wrote Jay as if he were Darren Stevens or Tony Nelson.

Just like them he was being a total  %$%^hole when it came to the ghosts and was even tossing insulting names at Issac. He was being a total stick in the mud like Darren and Tony and was so out of character that it ruined an episode of the best sitcom currently on air.

On a positive note I'm glad Trevor was not made to look like a buffoon and quadrupled the money instead of losing it all.

Countdown until Pete's wife comes to terms with her cheating and is sucked off.

9 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I greatly disliked this episode for one reason...Jay.

As long as we are talking ghosts here its as if the writers that wrote for BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE rose from the grave....never watched an episode and wrote Jay as if he were Darren Stevens or Tony Nelson.

Just like them he was being a total  %$%^hole when it came to the ghosts and was even tossing insulting names at Issac. He was being a total stick in the mud like Darren and Tony and was so out of character that it ruined an episode of the best sitcom currently on air.

On a positive note I'm glad Trevor was not made to look like a buffoon and quadrupled the money instead of losing it all.

I thought it was out of character for Jay not to read Sam's book. He was upset with Sass in Man of your Dreams for manipulating him.

(edited)

Eh, I think it makes sense he didn't read it given everything going on right now. And I think that's also why he got so snippy with Isaac as he did - if it were just the restaurant being built that he had to focus on, that might not be a problem. 

But he's got this restaurant they're trying to set up and now an investor has backed out and the reason they're backng out is because of all the death and human remains constantly being found on the property and the ghosts and their remains and the constant deaths are causing a lot of chaos for them and affecting not only the restaurant, but their main B&B business that they're trying to keep afloat.

And then Isaac's suggesting using his name for an Indian restaurant, which has a whole lot of awkward implications all on its own. And then he's also got to deal with the fact that one of their ghost children is gone, and Sam's still kind of struggling with that and their attempts to pay tribute to her with the owl also backfired on Jay in a rather unplesant way as well. And then there was the whole thing with Sasappis messing with Jay's mind a few episodes ago as well.

So...I mean...yeah,he's kind of got A LOT on his mind right now. I can't think of a single person who wouldn't get a little testy and a little forgetful and distracted and whatnot if they had all of THAT going on. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
On 3/31/2024 at 10:18 AM, North of Eden said:

Yeah, I'm also wondering if she'll find Flower in the well and "rescue" her which might also help her get sucked off?

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Eh, I think it makes sense he didn't read it given everything going on right now. And I think that's also why he got so snippy with Isaac as he did - if it were just the restaurant being built that he had to focus on, that might not be a problem. 

But he's got this restaurant they're trying to set up and now an investor has backed out and the reason they're backng out is because of all the death and human remains constantly being found on the property and the ghosts and their remains and the constant deaths are causing a lot of chaos for them and affecting not only the restaurant, but their main B&B business that they're trying to keep afloat.

And then Isaac's suggesting using his name for an Indian restaurant, which has a whole lot of awkward implications all on its own. And then he's also got to deal with the fact that one of their ghost children is gone, and Sam's still kind of struggling with that and their attempts to pay tribute to her with the owl also backfired on Jay in a rather unplesant way as well. And then there was the whole thing with Sasappis messing with Jay's mind a few episodes ago as well.

So...I mean...yeah,he's kind of got A LOT on his mind right now. I can't think of a single person who wouldn't get a little testy and a little forgetful and distracted and whatnot if they had all of THAT going on. 

Jay hides his feelings from Sam. He didn't tell her that he interviewed for jobs in the city which is why they are building the restaurant in the first place. He bought expensive sneakers without telling her. He bought another television because he was annoyed the ghosts were always watching programs he didn't like.  Jay needs to be more assertive instead of holding everything in and then losing his temper.

• Like 7