Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

The charmers sit down for a reunion after a tumultuous season; Austen and JT see each other for the first time since their face off; Shep finds himself in the hot seat; Taylor and Olivia delve into the root of their broken relationship.

Air date: 01.11.24

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

I don't care about any of these people but JT actually makes me root for Austen.

YES!  That little pipsqueak needs to have a seat and let the big boys handle the show.  He’s so obnoxious 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Madison enters the reunion building in New York in late December wearing a bra top (!) under a baggy blazer (meaning she was not protected from the elements). At least her shorter, shoulder length hair looks good.

Edited by ZettaK
Grammar
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why is Leva at the reunion when the two Rods who appeared more than her are not, at least not from the beginning? We know they will make an appearance later. Her personal show sucks, but Bravo seems to be promoting it by having crossovers, etc. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Taylor's a complete trash person. She really thought she was going to drop some bomb on Olivia and only managed to make herself look like an even shittier friend. 

So Shep's announcement was what exactly? That he's eliminating hard liquor? Sigh. He & Taylor truly deserve each other. 

JT is coming off as desperatelt obsessed and a bit unhinged. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I doubt I'll bother watching this, not even to have it on in the background and glance up for the B-roll footage of Charleston, which is what I did with most of the episodes this season.

Ridiculous that this nothing of a season has a two-part reunion.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Oliva fucked T-Rav?!?!

Cant Reaction GIF
But, man. I kind of called the other day about Shep hitting the point in life where he needs something more than waiting around all day for the bars to open. So I’ll at least give myself a point for seeing that one coming unlike Olivia and T-Rav! Didn’t have that on my bingo card.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
(edited)

And yes, JT started strong, and continued in that direction. 

Austin told Madison to hush several times in Jamaica. What an asshole.

Shep blacked out in BravoCon. For a whole weekend. And that was not a first. This is dangerous. He is an alcoholic, and he doesn't do anything about it. Drinking only beer is not enough.

Taylor had a self satisfied look on her face when she "revealed" Olivia's secret. And I see that Olivia tried to get on the show before by hooking up with Tom Ravenel. Like Taylor did with Whitney who is an executive producer to remain on the show, and Naomi after her return, again in order to remain on the show. Naomi also reconnected with Craig she didn't pay attention to when they were in college because he was on the show.  

Shep is jealous of Craig's relationship.

I don't think Olivia is attractive.

Brett is better looking than Austin. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, snarts said:

Taylor's a complete trash person. She really thought she was going to drop some bomb on Olivia and only managed to make herself look like an even shittier friend. 

So Shep's announcement was what exactly? That he's eliminating hard liquor? Sigh. He & Taylor truly deserve each other. 

JT is coming off as desperatelt obsessed and a bit unhinged. 

Taylor is a pathological liar, who was hiding behind being "a Christian", lied while claiming "hand on bible." She's a nonstop liar. Loved how she tried to railroad others  comments, ie talking over Leva who had witnessed the actual texts, which once again Taylor was misrepresenting. So many lies out of that mouth. 

Shep only wants her now that she has a boyfriend. He'll dump her again. And he said absolutely nothing during his 'big announcement.' Absolutely nothing! He wants recognition for being aware that he may need to drink less???????? Serious narcissist. And I actually do like Shep.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

Shep being terrible in bed just makes so much sense lol.

Lol Shep saying he would be married to Taylor if it wasn’tt for the show. Lol yea sure it was the show making you cheat. I don’t know if I buy his whole I’m changing stuff. I mean good luck to him tho. I do think tho that Taylor would’ve got married to him if he asked and if he was quiet about his cheating she would look the other way.

Austen looked puffy and orange. He should shut up.

JT is  a joke. He can go away now yikes.

Madison looks different like she’s had some new work done or something but I don’t know exactly what.

Maybe it’s wrong but I like Craig lol. He seems happy and seems to have grown.

I still do not care about Olivia Austen and Taylor’s bullshit. It’s the least interesting thing at the reunion. I rather listen to Shep make another stupid speech lol.

Does Thomas Ravenel just have sex with everyone in Charleston. That’s future Shep if he doesn’t chill somehow.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Madison enters the reunion building in New York in late December wearing a bra top (!) under a baggy blazer (meaning she was not protected from the elements). At least her shorter, shoulder length hair looks good.

To be fair, there were some unusually mild days in December in the north, so could have been one of those days. Not like 80 degrees, but 50s, so for a brief ‘step out of the car and walk into the building’? Probably not crazy.

Other than that? All I’ve got is how sad and depressing this all seemed. 

• Like 5

Good Lord!!!  How short is Andy Cohen?!  Walking next to Shep during the break made him look like a little person.  😲

I agree, why is Leva at this reunion?  For that matter, why is Venita even on the show?  It must suck to only be a bit player, there to puff up and stroke the egos of the key actors.  She never has a storyline all her own.  

I have so much secondhand embarrassment for JT.  Is he all puffed up because he was able to stand on a chair and headbutt Austen?  Dude!  Sthd and stfu!  You're making a fool of yourself.

And I guess we all know why women are attracted to Shep...and it's not for his bedroom prowess.  It's definitely for his money and his standing on the show.  They pretty much labeled him a lousy lay. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Taylor had a self satisfied look on her face when she "revealed" Olivia's secret. And I see that Olivia tried to get on the show before by hooking up with Tom Ravenel.

I have a different perspective on this and I'm probably the only one who feels this way about it.  Olivia is so ready to call Taylor out for lying, even saying she's not so upset at what Taylor did but the fact that she lied about it, yet she lied at last season's reunion when she said she never hooked up with Thomas.  Pot, meet the mfkin kettle!

And am I the only one who thought Shep's big reveal was going to be that he's quitting the show?  Just me?  Mmkay.   

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I really  like Craig. I always  have, even  when he couldn't  handle  his alchohol. I thought Naomi  was a bit of beyotch,  always smirking  at his making  pillows. I'm so glad he stuck with it, and I agreed with what he said tonight, to Shep.

I think  Shep is probably  a nicer person off screen,  he needs to finish his relationship with alchohol,  because  he'll never be truly happy. Always looking  for the next young girl, with a bottle  in his hand. I think  Whitney is less of a friend  to Shep, than Austin  is.

I thought Madison  looked lovely  tonight,that colour  suited her. Both Olivia and Taylor don't  have a lot going  for them, but imho, I think Taylor is better  suited for the show.

Jt is an obnoxious  little gremlin.

7 minutes ago, swankie said:

Olivia is so ready to call Taylor out for lying, even saying she's not so upset at what Taylor did but the fact that she lied about it, yet she lied at last season's reunion when she said she never hooked up with Thomas.  Pot, meet the mfkin kettle!

I agree 100%.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Madison looks different like she’s had some new work done or something but I don’t know exactly what.

Madison’s nose looked TINY when she was in profile. 

I kinda wanted to hear more about Craig’s conspiracy theories.  They were the most amusing part of the hour to me.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, swankie said:

I have a different perspective on this and I'm probably the only one who feels this way about it.  Olivia is so ready to call Taylor out for lying, even saying she's not so upset at what Taylor did but the fact that she lied about it, yet she lied at last season's reunion when she said she never hooked up with Thomas.  Pot, meet the mfkin kettle!

It's apples and tomatoes. Olivia & Taylor were close friends when Taylor hooked up with Austin. The timing of that hook up was immediately after the filming of last season's reunion. Austen & Olivia fake dated last season but were together post filming, traveling together throughout the Summer of 2022 and ending things just before the reunion filmed in New York. That's why Olivia is upset with Taylor. Not only did she hookup with a guy Olivia was recently involved with but she then repeatedly lied to her about it.

The situation Taylor tried to imply was the same is actually anything but. Olivia and Thomas hooked up nearly 10 years ago. She'd just graduated from college , she's now 31). She didn't even meet Kathryn until years later.

Anyone who reveals intimate secrets like that after a romantic or friendship breakup just to hurt or embarrass the other person is gutter trash of highest order. To me, that showed Taylor's true character.

Why isn't Whitney required to attend reunions???

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oliva fucked T-Rav?!?!

Cant Reaction GIF
But, man. I kind of called the other day about Shep hitting the point in life where he needs something more than waiting around all day for the bars to open. So I’ll at least give myself a point for seeing that one coming unlike Olivia and T-Rav! Didn’t have that on my bingo card.

You totally called it! I've been saying something similar about Shep for a couple of years, now. The man is bored out of his mind and jealous of Craig and even Austen, whom he used to feel superior to, but now those two have grown (especially Craig), and have other stuff going on in their lives, and Shep is envious of that. Leva hit the nail on the head too when she told Shep that he needed some purpose in his life that was more important to him than drinking. I was even telling my husband earlier this week that if Shep doesn't get some purpose in his life, he's going to either drink himself to death, or he'll kill himself. I'm not being dramatic; I've seen this scenario in real life. We've seen his behavior escalate over the years, and if he doesn't change, it's not going to end well for him. It sounds like Shep really scared himself at BravoCon, and I hope it was enough. But, if he's still drinking beer, well I hope realizes you can blackout on beer too. It was telling that Craig and Austen were saying that they've had this conversation with Shep many times before.

On a lighter note, Craig is winning the reunion. He cracked me up with his telling Shep that women just say that they have a hard time climaxing when you can't solve the puzzle! HA! 😆

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the show will now make us witness Shep's slow deterioration. He's an alcoholic who thinks he can now just drink beer. Bravocon's scare won't stick with him, beer will erase that memory until it's no longer a memory. His family should insist he go to rehab and probably detox first. Having money just prolongs the misery. 

I'm just shocked he admitted what happened on tv.

Edited by Chicklet
I can't proof read evidently ugh.
  • Like 10
(edited)

Craig has had the glow up of the century. He is handsome, successful and thoughtful, I really liked the way he came across and enjoy him very much.

Shep made me a little sad with his tail of whoa, but I don’t think he is ready to stop drinking, so what was that really all about? 

Taylor could not have come off worse, her little smirk is so slappable, and I truly cannot stand her. They need to get rid of her next year.

JT comes across thirstier than Oliver Quick in Saltburn. His little man syndrome is annoying AF. 

Madisons shoes did not match. But otherwise I’m loving her and again teared up watching the situation with her son.  She is a lovely mama bear. 

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Madisons shoes did not match. But otherwise I’m loving her and again teared up watching the situation with her son.  She is a lovely mama bear. 

The shoes.  I couldn't get past the shoes!!!  I can't believe nobody told her how awful those shoes looked with that dress!  Madison needs to fire her stylist asap!!

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I don’t like any of them - to be fair - but the Olivia reveal seemed like bizarre backhanded manipulation on Olivia’s part. I heard Taylor say something vaguely religious, as she does, with that “forgive as you would want to be forgiven,” and then Olivia comes in hot with her “why don’t you just say it…I hooked up with Thomas.” She didn’t have to cop to that! And then she stomped around like Taylor outed her when she did that herself. Not to mention Madison had already dropped it at the last reunion. I noticed that Olivia also mentioned that Taylor told “somebody” that she was never in a real relationship with Austen. I think she didn’t mention it was Taylor’s brother because he’s also recently passed away. No sympathy was shown regarding that. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

I don't believe anything these people are saying.

During the season they tried to imply that there was something between Taylor and Whitney, like last season there was suppose to be something between Naomi and Whitney.

Then at the reunion, Taylor denied it.

Similarly, they made this whole season about Austen and Taylor supposedly breaking bro and girl codes on Shep and Olivia but Austen and Taylor denied anything more than a kiss happened or some discussion about them having some serious relationship.

This show is just another reality soap opera set in some supposedly great place.  So who's sleeping with whom seems to be the main thrust of the show but a lot of it is implied, much of it falsely implied.

Maybe it is.  Maybe in Charleston, men with money get a lot of much younger women.  But that's not specific to Charleston or the South.  Maybe there's more of it down there than in some more cosmopolitan city, where there are women who have careers and don't have to socialize with people like Shep or Thomas.

At least on this cast, they've never had women with serious careers, other than I guess Leva who's a successful entrepreneur.  There doesn't seem to be too many feminists on this show or at least women who lean into having agency and maybe we're suppose to conclude that this is typical of the city and the region?

Guess Naomi was successful but she seemed mostly to benefit from family money but then that's true of Shep and Whitney as well.

Maybe they can turn over the cast some more.  They introduced a couple of men this seasonbut maybe they can replace Taylor and Olivia, as they introduced new younger women in past seasons.  But they're essentially going to be expected to play the same roles, sexually linked with the older men, preferably with a lot of drama.

Don't put it past Bravo to bring Kathryn back, even if she does have serious legal problems.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

It's apples and tomatoes. Olivia & Taylor were close friends when Taylor hooked up with Austin. The timing of that hook up was immediately after the filming of last season's reunion. ...That's why Olivia is upset with Taylor. Not only did she hookup with a guy Olivia was recently involved with but she then repeatedly lied to her about it.

The situation Taylor tried to imply was the same is actually anything but. Olivia and Thomas hooked up nearly 10 years ago. She'd just graduated from college , she's now 31). She didn't even meet Kathryn until years later.

Anyone who reveals intimate secrets like that after a romantic or friendship breakup just to hurt or embarrass the other person is gutter trash of highest order. To me, that showed Taylor's true character.

Why isn't Whitney required to attend reunions???

Bingo! Andy had the observational skills to clearly see through this at the reunion, as well. Big differences.

Olivia and Kathryn were not friends. Olivia and Taylor were friends & had exchanged & shared confidences regarding their respective beaus, Austen & Shep. When one exchanges confidential information with a friend, and said 'friend' hooks up with a friend's interest, (past or present), this is not a friend. Olivia was not involved with Kathryn, did not know her or their situation.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

T-Rav and Olivia--🤮 Wow--when you're loaded and have a bridge named after you, smack dab in the middle of town, girls sure will jump on your ding-a-ling. I'm surprised more of these hos haven't humped these dudes and calved a paycheck like Katherine TRIED to do. I mean, ahem, I'm surprised more of these upstanding Christian women haven't made love and been blessed with a beautiful bundle of joy from their glorious unions. 🙄 I haven't seen this much humping for gold since cash for titles during the Gilded Age.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

Poor JT. Still barking up incessantly yet fading into the woodwork. SO embarrassing. This fool is definitely giving Beans from Even Stevens.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • LOL 5
23 hours ago, goofygirl said:

OK,peeps... I've got a question.  Was I in a coma and didn't realize  it when Austen & Olivia were a THING?? Were they in LOVE?? Did they date exclusively for a year and I just didn't NOTICE???

Because Olivia is beyondo with the butt hurt over Austen & Taylor doing WHATEVER....

I'll admit: Olivia just lost her brother (and I just lost my sister if that means anything) and she may be seeing their " relationship " in a way that's not QUITE reality.

BUT.... Sweet tap dancing baby jeebus!! I have never seen anyone so BUTT HURT about some sort of dating deal in all my livelong days.

I agree, I never thought Austin even liked Olivia.  Love your writing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Who ARE these people??

Kathryn and Olivia, (Kathryn absolving Olivia of any blame re hooking up with Thomas.) unless you’re being facetious!

Edited by lili45
Sp
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lili45 said:

Kathryn and Olivia, (Kathryn absolving Olivia of any blame re hooking up with Thomas.) unless you’re being facetious!

No, I actually didn't recognize them!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, RedInk said:

I don’t like any of them - to be fair - but the Olivia reveal seemed like bizarre backhanded manipulation on Olivia’s part. I heard Taylor say something vaguely religious, as she does, with that “forgive as you would want to be forgiven,” and then Olivia comes in hot with her “why don’t you just say it…I hooked up with Thomas.” She didn’t have to cop to that! And then she stomped around like Taylor outed her when she did that herself. Not to mention Madison had already dropped it at the last reunion. I noticed that Olivia also mentioned that Taylor told “somebody” that she was never in a real relationship with Austen. I think she didn’t mention it was Taylor’s brother because he’s also recently passed away. No sympathy was shown regarding that. 

Olivia is so stupid she outed herself as Ravenel-lover!  🤮

Then she called Taylor a c***, I saw the uncensored peacock version.

Time for Olivia to go.  Her parents have been trying to buy her a career as a “famous” “actress” since she was young!  It isn’t working!  She makes grass growing look exciting.  She sucks so bad.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Olivia is so stupid she outed herself as Ravenel-lover!  🤮

Then she called Taylor a c***, I saw the uncensored peacock version.

Time for Olivia to go.  Her parents have been trying to buy her a career as a “famous” “actress” since she was young!  It isn’t working!  She makes grass growing look exciting.  She sucks so bad.

Yeah! And her hair looked like crap too! 😜 But it really seemed to me like an attempt to ramp up the drama, get people talking about her, and make Taylor look she’d turned on her yet again…when Taylor just sat there. Ugh, Go ahead, Taylor! Why don’t you just tell everyone about how I lied on my taxes and kick dogs and spread VD all around Charleston! I can’t believe you’re such a backstabber! 
ETA: I’m kidding…I have no scoop😉 

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 1/11/2024 at 8:54 PM, snarts said:

Even if TRav was not with Katherine at the time it doesn’t reflect well on Olivia that she hooked up with a guy almost 60 and dissipated from drugs and alcohol.  Maybe her brother was TRav’s dealer like some have posted. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
14 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

But, if he's still drinking beer, well I hope realizes you can blackout on beer too.

It takes a lot more beer than shots though.  You would have to be trying to get blackout to drink that much beer.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Even if TRav was not with Katherine at the time it doesn’t reflect well on Olivia that she hooked up with a guy almost 60 and dissipated from drugs and alcohol.  Maybe her brother was TRav’s dealer like some have posted. 

Agreed. How else would someone a full generation younger have met him? 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I agree, I never thought Austin even liked Olivia.  Love your writing.

I guess it happened between the seasons but with all the staged scenes you’d think they could have spelled it out for the audience.  All season we thought Olivia was imagining them dating.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

None of these gals choices of men reflect well on any of them, except for Craig who has matured immensely. Taylor’s obsessed with older alcoholic Shep, sending nude pics to Whitney, hooking up w Sheps dud friend Austen, anything for relevance. All the guys here are sorely lacking. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2024 at 11:04 PM, Marley said:

Shep being terrible in bed just makes so much sense lol.

Lol Shep saying he would be married to Taylor if it wasn’tt for the show. Lol yea sure it was the show making you cheat. I don’t know if I buy his whole I’m changing stuff. I mean good luck to him tho. I do think tho that Taylor would’ve got married to him if he asked and if he was quiet about his cheating she would look the other way.

Austen looked puffy and orange. He should shut up.

JT is  a joke. He can go away now yikes.

I still do not care about Olivia Austen and Taylor’s bullshit. It’s the least interesting thing at the reunion. I rather listen to Shep make another stupid speech lol.

Does Thomas Ravenel just have sex with everyone in Charleston. That’s future Shep if he doesn’t chill somehow.

Yes, Taylor would have married Shep even if he were a cheater. She is that desperate and lame.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2024 at 1:49 AM, swankie said:

Olivia is a hypocrite. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I wish Craig would fully mature and remove himself from this show.  Just go off the show, build your pillow business (8 figures....$10 million+!!), and find yourself a sweet gal to start a life with.

Enough with the tiny, snarky brunettes.  I didn't like Naomi, and I've never liked Paige.  

Shep gonna Shep.  He'll be that 85 year old man chasing "young" 55 year-olds at the golf course community, while sloshing a bourbon on the rocks.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Enough with the tiny, snarky brunettes.  I didn't like Naomi, and I've never liked Paige.  

Shep gonna Shep.  He'll be that 85 year old man chasing "young" 55 year-olds at the golf course community, while sloshing a bourbon on the rocks.  

Exactly! Probably young 35 year olds! 😅😅

Edited by lili45
  • LOL 4

So many WTH moments, I'm just shaking my head.

Austen is right.  JT appears to be obsessed with him.  It's truly weird.

Yes, Taylor would have married Shep even if he were a cheater. She is that desperate and lame.

Shep obviously tried to do Taylor some kind of solid by telling the bold faced lie that upon reflection he should have married her.  The absolute ridiculousness of that coming out of his mouth, I can't even stomach it.  I'm serious, I feel like he told her ahead of time he was going to make these declarations of undying love because he feels like he owes her something for tossing her aside. It lends her some kind of legitimacy that he feels he needs to give to her.  

And then him stammering and stuttering (this is Shep, the most well spoken man probably on any reality show), acting almost all "awww shucks" to make his lame declaration about needing to sober up.  But not too much.  Just a little.  He should have dated Scheana Shay who also subscribed to her addict husband being able to partake "just a little" when they went out.  You know, for funsies.

I can't stand Olivia or Taylor at this point but I have to say I rooted for Olivia when Taylor snipped her little Bible quote about forgiveness with her church lady pursed lips and Olivia about lost it.  "Just say it - you've been dying to say it!".  Exactly.  Taylor looked like far more of an idiot for doing that than she made Olivia look, in my opinion. 

Craig came off looking like a superstar.  Go Craig....slow clap for you, my friend!

Leva said that Whitney's girlfriend showed her the text and everyone about fell off their respective couches:  "Whitney has a girlfriend"???  That old vampire is just waiting out of respect for Pat to kick off so he can come out of the closet.  Can we please stop playing this tired game that he's some kind of ladies man?

Remember, Leva and Venita were brought in originally to be main characters and for the first time in Bravo history, I think they listened to the viewers.  That season when they were introduced was horrid.  Their lecturing and "educating" everyone around them was too much to digest.  They sucked all the fun out of the show and they were demoted.  Venita has been great with her current level of participation.  Maybe they should give her a second chance to see if she'd be more palatable now.  Leva just still seems way too high and mighty but I also think being on the show doesn't really matter that much to her.

Wow - I think watching this really ticked me off 😆

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1