Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Christine & David’s Wedding Special (Part One)

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wonder if Annie getting dumped by Meri for her own mom Bonnie to run the B & B is part of why Christine doesn't trust Meri?

Paedon has said that the one thing he gives Robyn credit for is blowing the whistle on Meri's mistreatment of the kids, and that by doing so she "may have saved some lives." So I don't know what the hell was going on, but I suspect that the adult kids broke their silence sometime recently about stuff that had gone on in the past, perhaps in tandem with encouraging Christine to get the hell out.  A lot of truth can be spilled once people get going sharing stories.

Then again, it's Paedon, so who knows.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
23 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Everything I suspected about her [Christine] was confirmed in the tell all when David mentioned taking her to a play and her crying.

Robyn has to be so jealous. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2024 at 12:14 PM, Granny58 said:

after reading the above comments about Christine's rosy colored view of love, I too am very very happy for her but hope that they are still happy 5 years from now.  I sincerely hope that for her. 

I think she will be fine.  Look, she lived through 20 plus years with Kody and 10 years of Robyn gaslighting her and it did not break her.  I think she will be just as happy if not more in 5 years.  Go Christine!

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I do have to say that since David's first wife has passed away, let's not start talking about whether they had a "particularly happy marriage" or not. They had 8 kids.  SOMETHING must have been working! 

Christine and Kody had six kids together, and it was never a happy marriage.

But I agree with you on the other stuff. 

On 1/8/2024 at 6:36 PM, General Days said:

Gwen & Bea let production film at (season 19 spoiler):

Do you know for sure their party was filmed and/or there’s going to be another season, or is it just speculation?

I’m very invested in the answer!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, JoannKBC said:

I don't think it's weird or a bad sign that Christine's daughters don't want to consider David their stepfather. My father's been married a few times, and I call the wife he married when I was 5 my stepmother, but I call the wife he married when I was 21 "my Dad's wife." No reflection on how I feel about the person. 

Maybe it's because they've never had a step-parent before and they're not used to it yet?

• Like 8
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 6:05 AM, 65mickey said:

I also fell asleep. I saw the beginning and the end but not much else. Was there any mention of Gwen? It seems strange to me that she wasn't at her mother's wedding. or did she come late? Anyway I'll have to watch today On Demand. 

Gwen said that she was particularly busy with an organic chemistry class and things going on at home. She said it had nothing to do with Paedon being there, and nothing to do with a  feud that she had with Christine and that Christine knew ahead of time that she wouldn't be there and was okay with it. 

Edited by ladyscorpio
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Do you know for sure their party was filmed and/or there’s going to be another season, or is it just speculation?

I’m very invested in the answer!

Spoiler

The engagement party was filmed.

The next season has already been filmed, which would include Mykelti having the twins. They were born in November 2022.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The engagement party was filmed.

The next season has already been filmed, which would include Mykelti having the twins. They were born in November 2022.

Wow.  I really thought this was it.  Damn.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, LotusFlower said:

Wow.  I really thought this was it.  Damn.

Just because it’s filmed doesn’t mean it has to air. I wish,  mainly for the kids, that it was the end.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

So curly sue said he didn’t know Christine was getting married until he saw the invite at his sister’s house …so that means he had not talked to any of his children with Christine …. But he thinks he is a great dad 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11

As part of my rewatch (brain turning to mush), I recall a scene from an early season in which several kids were pounding on each other, and Meri told them forcefully to knock it off because "You are all brothers and sisters for the rest of your lives".  She didn't touch any child, or even move to separate them, but Janelle and Christine both freaked out and told her to stay in her lane. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Quof said:

As part of my rewatch (brain turning to mush), I recall a scene from an early season in which several kids were pounding on each other, and Meri told them forcefully to knock it off because "You are all brothers and sisters for the rest of your lives".  She didn't touch any child, or even move to separate them, but Janelle and Christine both freaked out and told her to stay in her lane. 

You are doing goddesses work

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Between this and ordering clothes from Amazon for my mother for Christmas, there is a very special place in Heaven for me.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Paedon has said that the one thing he gives Robyn credit for is blowing the whistle on Meri's mistreatment of the kids, and that by doing so she "may have saved some lives.

If it is true that Meri was abusing the children to the point of their lives being in danger, that is a shame on every adult in that house. But I suspect it isn't true. I think Meri was a strong disciplinarian and often a bitch, but I don't really believe she was beating them half to death. Paedon has had his own issues with aggression, to the point that Gwendolyn won't be around him. I wonder if Gwen skipped Christine's wedding because Paedon was there. 

• Like 12
(edited)

Again - rewatch - one time when all the adults were going away (when weren't they on a "vacation" somewhere?), there was discussion of whether Christine's kids could stay by themselves.  I think Truely was going with Christine, and maybe Aspyn was going to be away too. Gwen asked to stay home, with Paedon in charge.  Christine said "I won't leave you alone with Paedon".   It may have been an issue of whether he was old enough for the responsibility, but it didn't sound that way.  

Edited by Quof
  • Like 4
On 1/8/2024 at 12:27 AM, Yeah No said:

noodle ramen head.

Lol! So many funny monikers for Koodie! Poodle headed fruitcake, golden doodle, (balding) noodle ramen head. Does he really think he's hot? I think delusional is more fitting. 

The best part is that Sobbyn is stuck with him in a monogamous relationship until Koodie finds someone younger and better looking than Sobbyn. He needs to keep this TLC check coming in. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

WTF is going on with all these women and their bizarre painted-on-with-a-Sharpie eyebrows??  Granted, I'm not a fashionista or anything even close, and I'm certainly not claiming to be any kind of expert.  However, I do have good vision and an HD TV, and it doesn't seem right that I'm so distracted by their stupid eyebrows that I miss other parts of the show!

I seem to recall reading somewhere along the line that a "strong" brow is kinda a thing these days, and that's fine.  "Strong" is one thing.  Stupid-looking thick lines drawn on with a way-too-dark eyebrow pencil are something else entirely. Yes, in fashion (and everything else), styles come and go, but c'mon!

Unless you're made-up for some sort of professional reason, the basic idea of make-up is to enhance your overall look or correct some flaw, isn't it?  All the various parts are supposed to work together to make you look better, aren't they? 

It's like what they always say about a well-done face lift.  The idea is to look at someone and say, "Damn!  I'm not sure what it is, but you look great!" rather than, "OMG! You just had a face lift, didn't you?!!"  If, when looking at someone, the first thought you have is, "Step away from the super-harsh overly dark eyebrow pencil!", I'm thinking that it may be just a tad extreme.

For the longest time, Robyn and Meri have been going crazy with their eyebrows, but now in Christine's wedding special, she and some of her kids fell prey to the Sharpie, too.  The worst thing is, these latest looks were done by an actual make-up artist, who, I'm assuming, is more or less following the wishes of the client.

Also, Christine and some of the kids are blonde, so the overly-dark brows look even more extreme, although, as I said before, Meri and Robyn have been looking mighty clownish for a few years now, too.

So, maybe they're all right, and I'm wrong.  That's fine.  It's certainly not a competition, and God knows they(and everyone else) are more than free to look however they choose to look.  

I just think it looks assinine.

Plus, because it can't be said often enough, Mykelti is obnoxious and Tony is a slob!

Edited by lgandkihei
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I'm not a big fan of Mykelti either, but now that her hair is back to her natural color, you can really see how similar she, Aspyn and Ysabel look! Half the time I couldn't tell them apart when they appeared briefly on screen. 

• Like 17
47 minutes ago, lgandkihei said:

WTF is going on with all these women and their bizarre painted-on-with-a-Sharpie eyebrows??  Granted, I'm not a fashionista or anything even close, and I'm certainly not claiming to be any kind of expert.  However, I do have good vision and an HD TV, and it doesn't seem right that I'm so distracted by their stupid eyebrows that I miss other parts of the show!

I seem to recall reading somewhere along the line that a "strong" brow is kinda a thing these days, and that's fine.  "Strong" is one thing.  Stupid-looking thick lines drawn on with a way-too-dark eyebrow pencil are something else entirely. Yes, in fashion (and everything else), styles come and go, but c'mon!

Unless you're made-up for some sort of professional reason, the basic idea of make-up is to enhance your overall look or correct some flaw, isn't it?  All the various parts are supposed to work together to make you look better, aren't they? 

It's like what they always say about a well-done face lift.  The idea is to look at someone and say, "Damn!  I'm not sure what it is, but you look great!" rather than, "OMG! You just had a face lift, didn't you?!!"  If, when looking at someone, the first thought you have is, "Step away from the super-harsh overly dark eyebrow pencil!", I'm thinking that it may be just a tad extreme.

For the longest time, Robyn and Meri have been going crazy with their eyebrows, but now in Christine's wedding special, she and some of her kids fell prey to the Sharpie, too.  The worst thing is, these latest looks were done by an actual make-up artist, who, I'm assuming, is more or less following the wishes of the client.

Also, Christine and some of the kids are blonde, so the overly-dark brows look even more extreme, although, as I said before, Meri and Robyn have been looking mighty clownish for a few years now, too.

So, maybe they're all right, and I'm wrong.  That's fine.  It's certainly not a competition, and God knows they(and everyone else) are more than free to look however they choose to look.  

I just think it looks assinine.

Plus, because it can't be said often enough, Mykelti is obnoxious and Tony is a slob!

That's right up there with where is Jimmy Hoffa and the existence of Big Foot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Speaking of Mykelti, isn't it time she got over whatever went on with her wedding?  Seriously, you have three kids with this guy and somehow live a pretty extravagant lifestyle with no visible means of support.  Time to quit picking at Christine about it.  And as for Tony, if he really wants to show off his weight loss, looking like an unmade bed is not the way to do it.  Tuck in your shirt, dude. 

Like others, I was really moved by Annie's emotional reaction to being able to be there for Christine's wedding.  It must have hurt to know she wasn't welcome at the first one because of their religion.  It's good to know that some healing from stuff like that can take place even if it takes a while.

I really hope Meri can find the kind of happiness Christine has.  I know some don't like her and she has made some bad mistakes along the way, but I can't imagine living through what she did with Kody.  It sounds like he was just as abusive to her has he was to Christine.  Melting down the wedding ring she gave him and refusing to be intimate with her for years had to have taken a toll.  I hope Christine and Janelle come to understand that someday.  Meri does seem to have some empathy for what they went through now.

• Like 15
On 1/10/2024 at 5:31 PM, ladyscorpio said:

Gwen said that she was particularly busy with an organic chemistry class and things going on at home. She said it had nothing to do with Paedon being there, and nothing to do with a  feud that she had with Christine and that Christine knew ahead of time that she wouldn't be there and was okay with it. 

Dropping in again to comment on this.  I was thinking about the fact that the wedding was around the time most colleges have midterms.  It's entirely possible that Gwen had an exam coming up.  She would have lost quite a lot of study time between travel and wedding activities if she had gone.  Then if the exam was the next week, if anything went wrong with travel she wouldn't have made it back in time.   I was a chemistry major in college and I can tell you that studying for organic chemistry is quite an undertaking.  I needed a lot of space to spread out with my text book, notes, and scratch pad to draw out chemical formulas and do calculations.  I even had a set for making models of molecules.  I didn't use it very often, but my roommates loved it.  I often came back to the room to find various sculptures made with my modeling set.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5
On 1/10/2024 at 11:43 AM, IvySpice said:

Me too, but I didn't marry her! Marrying people you like seems an absolute minimum bar, KODY.

I was thinking of the atomic explosions from the opening scene of Oppenheimer...

That's good too!!

• Like 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

And as for Tony, if he really wants to show off his weight loss, looking like an unmade bed is not the way to do it.  Tuck in your shirt, dude. 

😁

And I give much credit to those of you who can remember which kids belong to which mother. 

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

And I give much credit to those of you who can remember which kids belong to which mother

A tip - weird names are Christine's, normal names are Janelle's. 

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

😁

And I give much credit to those of you who can remember which kids belong to which mother. 

That’s easy, the ones with the misspelled names are Christine’s, and the ones named after cities or with traditionally surnames are Janelle’s. The ones named after fantasy characters are Robyn’s. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 14
On 1/11/2024 at 9:13 AM, dariafan said:

so that means he had not talked to any of his children with Christine

Or that his children with Christine were scared to tell him some fairly big news in THEIR lives (getting a stepdad) when they talked to their dad. Either way, healthy parenting relationships there.

On 1/10/2024 at 5:33 PM, ginger90 said:

Just because it’s filmed doesn’t mean it has to air.

A. Of course, you're right. B. This is TLC we're talking about. Filming was a financial investment, and they're going to air the footage to recoup those dollars unless there's a scandal so bad that they believe it would hurt THEM. Like, hypothetically, if a prominent member of the family were revealed to be a child sex abuser.

• Like 11
22 hours ago, lgandkihei said:

WTF is going on with all these women and their bizarre painted-on-with-a-Sharpie eyebrows?? 

I LOVE that your post is long and only about their ridiculous eyebrows.  My husband watches shows (not this one) and is always confused by the eyebrows.  LOL.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

That’s easy, the ones with the misspelled names are Christine’s, and the ones named after cities or with traditionally surnames are Janelle’s. The ones named after fantasy characters are Robyn’s. 

Now don't sell Janelle short. She spells Savanah wrong.

• Like 6
  • LOL 12

I was going to say "Christine's kids all have the letter Y randomly inserted in their names", but then I remembered Paedon. If ever a name cried out for a letter Y....

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I LOVE that your post is long and only about their ridiculous eyebrows.  My husband watches shows (not this one) and is always confused by the eyebrows.  LOL.  

I blame it on the Kardashians.

1 hour ago, Quof said:

but then I remembered Paedon. If ever a name cried out for a letter Y...

True. But then she would've spelled it PayDone. 

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, Quof said:

I was going to say "Christine's kids all have the letter Y randomly inserted in their names", but then I remembered Paedon. If ever a name cried out for a letter Y....

I think Christine perceives/perceived the letter "Y" as feminine, so her daughters all have a "Y" in their names, but her son doesn't. Don't ask me why.

I don't even have wine on hand.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, General Days said:

I think Christine perceives/perceived the letter "Y" as feminine, so her daughters all have a "Y" in their names, but her son doesn't. Don't ask me why.

I don't even have wine on hand.

Don't ask me "Y".  (wink)

I've always wondered how the heck did they come up with those names. I figured there was some Plyg name generator on the internet. 

• LOL 17
4 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

I'm just watching the wedding specials now because I wasn't very interested. Ysabel looks sooo much like Annie!!

She does!  Annie seems like a really interesting woman and I would love to talk to her.  Such a strong woman.  

• Like 11
On 1/11/2024 at 5:13 PM, Meow Mix said:

Dropping in again to comment on this.  I was thinking about the fact that the wedding was around the time most colleges have midterms.  It's entirely possible that Gwen had an exam coming up.  She would have lost quite a lot of study time between travel and wedding activities if she had gone.  Then if the exam was the next week, if anything went wrong with travel she wouldn't have made it back in time.   I was a chemistry major in college and I can tell you that studying for organic chemistry is quite an undertaking.  I needed a lot of space to spread out with my text book, notes, and scratch pad to draw out chemical formulas and do calculations.  I even had a set for making models of molecules.  I didn't use it very often, but my roommates loved it.  I often came back to the room to find various sculptures made with my modeling set.

Orgo is NO JOKE. At my undergrad it was the #1 weed-out course. I had to take Orgo I twice, and Orgo II I managed in only one go. It's fascinating and I loved it, but it did not love me back. You really can't take time off from it. Gwen's story checks out.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
16 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Orgo is NO JOKE. At my undergrad it was the #1 weed-out course. I had to take Orgo I twice, and Orgo II I managed in only one go. It's fascinating and I loved it, but it did not love me back. You really can't take time off from it. Gwen's story checks out.

They could have set the wedding at a later date when Gwen was not taking finals.

• Like 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

They could have set the wedding at a later date when Gwen was not taking finals.

Edited by ginger90
Never mind
(edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 9:28 AM, LotusFlower said:

Mykelti is my least favorite of the kids.  She is SO competitive!  MY wedding had 400 guests over your 350!  MY meat dish (carnitas?) is better than yours!  Etc., etc…. Insecure and immature.  Insufferable!  

I understand her sense of humour as it's identical to my cousin's. However, my cousin's quips were a result of her knowing she wasn't the best, or brightest, or anything other than a nice woman who lives a quiet lifestyle. So when she'd brag about something such as her award winning turkey dinner, we'd all laugh because it was just dinner. She joke about being the favourite daughter, and we'd laugh because we all knew our aunt and uncle loved all 4 equally.

I don't know Mykelti's relationship among her siblings to gauge if this is similar to my cousin...

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2024 at 1:24 PM, gaPeach said:

I think she will be fine.  Look, she lived through 20 plus years with Kody and 10 years of Robyn gaslighting her and it did not break her.  I think she will be just as happy if not more in 5 years.  Go Christine!

Exactly. I think Christine learned early in her marriage that she is the author of her own happiness. Her and Janelle's kids helped fuel her happiness during the first 20 years, and once they were grown she knew she had to move on to a different lifestyle.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1