Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: The Owl

• Start Topic

I can totally buy that it was Attic girl who got sucked off.  She was supposed to have sex on prom night, so once she had sex with Basement Boy, she was finished with her journey on earth.  Possibly Basement Boy got sucked off, too.  (heh).

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

It's possible that they had written the season finale when they learned that the actress was pregnant and figured this could given her some time off the show before bringing her back later, but then the strike happened and everything got delayed for months and screwed that up.  I would not be surprised if she came back or had never left.

• Like 8

I absolutely loved this episode.  Jay + owl = comedy gold.  When the owl circled back and descended on him, I couldn't stop laughing.

Like many others, I hope Flower hasn't really been sucked off.  Maybe she found a bear den on the property and decided to care for the cubs until their mother emerges from hibernation later this spring? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I really wouldn't consider it a cheat if Flower didn't really get sucked off. It's only season 3, there's no reason to get rid of one of the core 8 yet. I personally will actually be madder if she is gone for good (unless it was the actor's choice) so they can cheat away as far as I'm concerned. And, the season 2 opener was a bait & switch, with Jay thinking he could finally see Pete but it wasn't Pete. 

With the success of the show, they're getting new sets like the barn restaurant so why not heretofore forgotten paths between the neighbor houses? The property is huge and we've only seen a portion of it. If Flower was visiting the basement ghosts, who's to say she's not visiting other ghosts on the property? I just think it's way too soon to have any of the main 8 ghosts sucked off, and I feel like her disappearance and where she's been will open up the property more and allow for more guest star ghosts. It's hilarious to me that Flower, of all people, could have an entire other network of friends that the rest don't know about. 

• Like 12

It's so great to have this show back, it feels like its been way too long. I really thought that it would be a more minor ghosts that got sucked off like Stephanie or Nancy or even Crash, having it be one of the core eight really was surprising. It really wouldn't surprise me to find out that Flower just wandered off chasing that butterfly again, maybe even that she found a way to leave the property totally by accident, but if she really did get sucked off (never gets old) this was at least a nice tribute to her. I would have expected a bit more sadness from everyone but it is certainly more bittersweet to move onto the next life than "just" dying. If she really is gone, I'll miss her a lot, hopefully she reunited with her fiancé and family up in heaven. But if she just wandered in one day after getting stuck in the plumbing, I wouldn't be at all surprised. 

It was nice seeing Crash briefly and the basement ghosts wandering around grossing everyone out was hilarious, they almost look like a totally different ghost species. I loved the running joke of the basement ghosts trying to insert themselves into Sam and Jay's lives and Trevor getting possessive and annoyed.

To be fair to Isaac, he's had a crush on Nigel since the 1700's, I can see why he wants to get moving. Imagine, being sucked off on the night of your engagement! The horror!

Jay's attempts at being supportive even when he cant see the ghosts is always so endearing.

"Do you really believe that"

"No, I just really want Thor to keep dating an owl"

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

I really wouldn't consider it a cheat if Flower didn't really get sucked off.

Same here.  A fake out, yes, but not a "cheat".  A cheat would be if they broke the "ghost rules" to bring her back - if she really were the one who were sucked off and there's some new loophole created by which she could come back.  If it was some other ghost that was sucked off, and Flower really is just somewhere else, and walks back into the living room all "oh, hi everyone, what's everyone up to?", then it's not a "cheat" to me.  Just a plot twist.  (Bobby Ewing waking up in the shower is a cheat.  Yeah, I know, I'm dating myself.)

Can someone remind me how the maid was able to come back?

• Like 18
6 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Same here.  A fake out, yes, but not a "cheat".  A cheat would be if they broke the "ghost rules" to bring her back - if she really were the one who were sucked off and there's some new loophole created by which she could come back.  If it was some other ghost that was sucked off, and Flower really is just somewhere else, and walks back into the living room all "oh, hi everyone, what's everyone up to?", then it's not a "cheat" to me.  Just a plot twist.  (Bobby Ewing waking up in the shower is a cheat.  Yeah, I know, I'm dating myself.)

Can someone remind me how the maid was able to come back?

Molly the maid came back because of a seance. I loved Flower but the memorial service was so sweet I'd hate to see it be for nothing. Danielle Pinnock posted that over six million people watched the premiere so that's great news for a fourth season.

• Like 8
On 2/16/2024 at 7:37 AM, joanne3482 said:

While I was watching the episode I did expect to see Flower come wandering in out of the forest all confused about what everyone was so upset about, but the more I think about it I'm glad they actually went there and most likely got rid of her.

There are some links above about all this if you are interested in whether she is gone or not.

On 2/16/2024 at 8:38 AM, iMonrey said:

It's interesting we haven't heard from Sheila Carrasco herself (so far) regarding her status on the show. It would be extremely problematic if they essentially fired her because she was pregnant.

Spoiler

And one of the links mentioned above said that she is officially on paid maternity leave.  Nobody got fired.

• Useful 2

Flower wasn't one of my favorite ghosts, but the things they said about her at the memorial service were moving and actually made me teary. As a couple of posters said above, it would be a cheat to have her not really gone after that memorial service.

I don't think this was the best episode of the series, but I'm still happy to have it back--currently it is the only regular TV series (as opposed to streaming) that I watch.

Unpopular opinion, maybe because I'm old and prudish, but I'm getting tired of the "sucked off" jokes. The writers seem too reliant on them, kind of like 13-year-old boys.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

I can't make up my mind if I would be mad about a fake out or not.  Part of me says no way, but another part of me trusts the team behind this show to do it right.  It was a lovely tribute to Flower, especially the remarks from the downstairs ghosts. 

Jay was the star of the episode for me - trying to help everyone cope, finally realizing Sam needed his help most of all and taking all the bird abuse for the team.  So glad the show is back and will enjoy every minute of even an abbreviated season. 

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

We didn't see Jenkins, either - Nigel made a point of mentioning that he'd gone to tell him about his and Isaac's engagement. Maybe we'll find out that was foreshadowing, and he was actually the one who wound up getting sucked off instead of Flower, if it turns out Flower was just off wandering around somewhere all season*.

That's what I'm hoping.  Jenkins got sucked off instead of flower.  Besides, it would be cruel to have Jenkins stuck there for all eternity watching Isaac and Nigel madly in love.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I don't believe Flower got sucked off for real.…
…or even perhaps in the vault

Oooo. Good point. They didn’t mention the vault.
Wait. Didn’t they remove the vault’s door?

8 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

I'm thinking because we didn't see her get sucked off, she's not really gone.

Ah yes. This goes along with the old rule for TV shows: No body = No death.

• Like 7
18 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Or.........were all the guests accounted for?  Maybe one of them kicked off--or was murdered--resulting in the exultant burst of divine light.  Perhaps an unfortunate discovery will be made next week?

We never did see that woman's husband or whoever she was there with. I'm pretty sure she said "we" not "I" want my money back or whatever. So maybe she murdered her husband and is hitting the bricks. 

I am going to assume that Sheila wanted some time off to be with her new baby and not that she was basically fired. Unfortunately she has one of the few costumes that doesn't really allow for hiding a baby bump. Unlike Rose she can't actually just wear different clothes and her look was pretty bare mid-drifty. So the writers wrote her off but are leaving it slightly open ended because they don't want to fire Sheila and hope she'll be back. 

I think an interesting idea would be if she did get sucked off but for some reason came back. We know from Elias and the Maid that it is possible to come visit from either direction and so either she'll become more of a guest star who keeps coming back because she can't quite leave Thor or she decides to come back for good, again because she wants to have her chance at love with Thor. 

As for this ep, it was good. It was wonderful having my little ghost family back, but it wasn't one of my favorite eps. I'm not a fan of the basement ghosts. That said, it did make me laugh and cry and feel all warm and fuzzy so it did it's job and I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Paloma said:

Unpopular opinion, maybe because I'm old and prudish, but I'm getting tired of the "sucked off" jokes.

I don't like them, either. They don't offend me, but I would rather they actually write new jokes now and then. 

• Like 7
(edited)

List of What May Have Happened to Flower If She Isn't Really Gone
(which could be turned into a voting-poll thread)

1. "even perhaps in the vault"
    "Oooo. Good point. They didn’t mention the vault.
    Wait. Didn’t they remove the vault’s door?"
  2. "asleep in the attic, and it was Attic Girl who got sucked off"
    "She was supposed to have sex on prom night, so once she had sex with Basement Boy, she was finished with her journey on earth."
  3. Cholera Boy was sucked off after fullfilling his wildest dreams with Prom Girl: "I thought it was interesting that there was a clip of Stephanie and Cholera Boy* kissing in the season two montage at the beginning of the episode."
    *“who was conspicuously absent from the episode”
  4. "Remember, she's permanently stoned, so she could just be off somewhere in a befuddled haze"
  5. "Maybe she's been trying to visit Thor's son at the neighbor's house and was trying to find different ways to cross the property line so they could visit in person, but she keeps getting yanked back and then forgetting and Thor's son has to keep reminding her."
  6. …"twist... she does find a way over to the neighbor's house."
  7. "as soon as the basement ghosts mentioned that the heater was making loud noises I kind of figured that Flower had gotten stuck in there somehow and that she'll show up just as befuddled as always sometime in the future."
  8. "We didn't see Jenkins, either - Nigel made a point of mentioning that he'd gone to tell him about his and Isaac's engagement. Maybe we'll find out that was foreshadowing, and he was actually the one who wound up getting sucked off instead of Flower, if it turns out Flower was just off wandering around somewhere all season*."
  9. "Maybe she found a bear den on the property and decided to care for the cubs until their mother emerges from hibernation later this spring?"
  10. "Flower just wandered around the property and found a way to break through the ghost boundary"
  11. ".were all the guests accounted for?  Maybe one of them kicked off--or was murdered--resulting in the exultant burst of divine light."
  12. "Maybe Flower and Stephanie (Prom ghost) had a heart-to-heart talk resulting in Stephanie resolving her issues and getting sucked off. 
    Then maybe some sort of sleeping spell associated with that corner of the attic caused Flower to go into a bear-like hibernation.
    Crash might have just seen Flower’s dark hair on the pillow and assumed she was Stephanie."
  13. "Jenkins got sucked off instead of flower.  Besides, it would be cruel to have Jenkins stuck there for all eternity watching Isaac and Nigel madly in love." Or Jenkins hooked up with the other British soldier ghost, and they both got sucked off? But it could only be a British soldier ghost(s) if they had a reason for being in the path of the light.
On 2/15/2024 at 11:18 PM, iMonrey said:

So the new opening title sequence has a toy dinosaur, a book on Poltergeists, a dish of candy? Owl and basketball on shelf, Woodstone Rewards program, butterfly. Three of those things are associated with Flower.

ghosts-title-sequence-2.thumb.png.c3f1a229ec259dec0554596718d3feef.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
8 hours ago, Chit Chat said:

I'm so hoping this is the case!  I'm thinking that Stephanie (attic girl) left and it's Flower under the covers in the attic.  Crash said Stephanie was asleep, but did he actually look and see that it was her under the covers?  Maybe Flower was visiting her when she got sucked off and then fell asleep in the attic.  

I loved Jay's enthusiasm when first looking for the ghosts by running into the kitchen to search for them, then quickly realizing that he can't see them.  Poor Jay!  I want him to be able to see them too!  He feels so left out.  

Crash said he stuck his head in the attic and lifted his head up to demonstrate, so who knows how good of a look he really got. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

It seems like Flower would have ascended (acquiescing to those who want to avoid Trevor's more juvenile terminology) after Sam read her the email from her brother.  I suppose her acceptance of being in a couple with Thor might have also been a pivotal moment...but we'd need to see a flashback showing that moment for Flower.

I just don't think she's gone.  I still think it's Basement Boy, who was conspicuously absent from the episode.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 2/16/2024 at 11:17 AM, Chit Chat said:
On 2/16/2024 at 10:36 AM, emma675 said:

I don't really think Flower got sucked off (hehe) because we didn't actually see it. I think she's probably wandering around chasing butterflies or she's stuck somewhere.

I'm so hoping this is the case!  I'm thinking that Stephanie (attic girl) left and it's Flower under the covers in the attic.  Crash said Stephanie was asleep, but did he actually look and see that it was her under the covers?  Maybe Flower was visiting her when she got sucked off and then fell asleep in the attic. 

We didn't see Flower get sucked off because the actress had just had a baby (or was just about to) when this was filmed in December so she wouldn't have been available. I wouldn't read anything into that.

And it would be hard to mistake Stephanie's prom dress for Flower's hippie dress. Plus the fact that they made a point of accounting for her at all would suggest they wanted to make sure we all understood it could only have been Flower.

I really don't think the show is trying to trick us. I believe Flower is really gone, and if we see her again it's more likely to be some sort of guest appearance.

I just don't think she's gone.  I still think it's Basement Boy, who was conspicuously absent from the episode.  

Except Nancy said all the basement ghosts were accounted for. Don't think she'd forget about Ralph since she's the one who introduced him to Stephanie. I did wonder about him, but I assume the actor wasn't available.

Ultimately, I think Nigel will take the place of Flower as one of the core eight. The actor wasn't a regular last season, he was only recurring, but now that he and Isaac are getting married it was probably necessary to drop one of the regulars in order to promote him to regular.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

There are a lot of great theories here.  The biggest reason I think Flower will be back in some way (wrongly presumed gone, or returns inhabiting another human's body...etc.) is that even though the producers did an interview which I didn't think was super clear,  the actress hasn't done one as far as I know.

Actors usually do take the opportunity to say goodbye/drum up publicity that they're available for a new role. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 2/15/2024 at 9:09 PM, Chit Chat said:

I'm holding out hope that Flower is actually asleep in the attic, and it was Attic Girl who got sucked off.  I haven't kept up with any news or info about the show since it last aired, so for all I know, the actress playing Flower may very well have left. 

That actually makes a lot of sense considering you do get extra tired when pregnant (which the actress was).

Do we know what month it is that this episode took place in?

Also ghost rule question:  If someone died while pregnant or worse while giving birth, would they have those symptoms forever?

Another random not real thought...... does anyone think Flower's actress will get distracted by any of her kid's teddy bears and think they want to play with her?  (At least they can't hurt her)🧸

Edited by kav
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The interview said they had not decided who would be the one to leave when they wrote last season's finale. If they decided after the fact to make it Flower so they can the actress who plays her because she was unavailable due to pregnancy/maternity leave, that is a lawsuit I hope will bankrupt the franchise. For this reason alone, I think we really need to hope we see her again.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/16/2024 at 1:05 PM, Browncoat said:

I can totally buy that it was Attic girl who got sucked off.  She was supposed to have sex on prom night, so once she had sex with Basement Boy, she was finished with her journey on earth.  Possibly Basement Boy got sucked off, too.  (heh).

But, Crash said he saw her and that she was sleeping.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

The interview said they had not decided who would be the one to leave when they wrote last season's finale. If they decided after the fact to make it Flower so they can the actress who plays her because she was unavailable due to pregnancy/maternity leave, that is a lawsuit I hope will bankrupt the franchise. For this reason alone, I think we really need to hope we see her again.

The actress is officially on maternity leave.  She was not fired.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

We didn't see Flower get sucked off because the actress had just had a baby (or was just about to) when this was filmed in December so she wouldn't have been available. I wouldn't read anything into that.

And it would be hard to mistake Stephanie's prom dress for Flower's hippie dress. Plus the fact that they made a point of accounting for her at all would suggest they wanted to make sure we all understood it could only have been Flower.

I really don't think the show is trying to trick us. I believe Flower is really gone, and if we see her again it's more likely to be some sort of guest appearance.

Except Nancy said all the basement ghosts were accounted for. Don't think she'd forget about Ralph since she's the one who introduced him to Stephanie. I did wonder about him, but I assume the actor wasn't available.

Ultimately, I think Nigel will take the place of Flower as one of the core eight. The actor wasn't a regular last season, he was only recurring, but now that he and Isaac are getting married it was probably necessary to drop one of the regulars in order to promote him to regular.

If Nigel is a regular I hope he has plots with the other characters not only Isaac. I hope they add another female ghost since Alberta and Hetty are the only regular female ghosts.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, kav said:

Do we know what month it is that this episode took place in?

The episode picks up on the same night as the events of last season's finale and the few following days after that, and ilast season's finale came on the heels of Stephanie's yearly appearance, which seems to happen in the month of April ('cause prom and all). So looks like the events of both the finale and this episode took place sometime in May. 

1 hour ago, Skooma said:

This. There was even a Deadline article a couple months back talking about how the cast all recently got a bump in pay, and she was among those mentioned in that article. Wouldn't exactly make sense to give her a pay raise if they were then planning to let her go. 

Add in the fact that all the post episode interviews about her absence are doing a lot of hedging and "Wel'll see..." about whether or not she'll return, and there beng no real other indications online that she's gone for good, and yeah. She'll be back, it's just a matter of when and how :). I could see her missing most of this season, depending on how long her maternity leave lasts, but I can see them making a big thing of her return the closer we get to the season finale. That'd make for a good full circle way of sorts to wrap up the season and set up for whatever they have planned for next season. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, kathyk2 said:
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

If Nigel is a regular I hope he has plots with the other characters not only Isaac. I hope they add another female ghost since Alberta and Hetty are the only regular female ghosts.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nigel as a regular but I suspect he'll remain a semi-regular the way he is now:  he lives with the main ghosts but isn't always present.  Even in Thursday's episode he wasn't in all the scenes with everyone else, or if he was, he didn't always speak.  The problem with making him a regular ghost is that then you have two eighteenth-century white gay men in the main group.  The diversity factor has already been reduced by Flower's disappearance (only two women now) so the writers might not want to add to that.  Of course, Nancy's been getting more screen time but still.

That being said, since he's the most frequently recurring minor ghost, I'd also like to see him interact with some of the others.  Pete and Thor come to mind, since they're all members of the ant-watching club and presumably have bonded, and I still think he and Hetty could find out that they have a lot in common besides loving Isaac.  And I wouldn't mind seeing the other two Brits now and again to find out how they're taking their superior officer's defection to the enemy's side.  When Nigel mentioned that he'd gone to the shed to tell them of his engagement, I thought of how absolutely "overjoyed" Jenkins would be.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Skooma said:

Right. But if she isn't coming back, it'd be one hell of a coincidence that they decided to write her out like magic when she went on leave, that's all I'm saying.

IIRC, Sam saw the pillar of light and said that someone had, uh, ascended.  The ghosts did not appear to know until she told them.  Maybe the pillar of light was caused by something else, and none of the ghosts are actually gone?

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Driad said:

IIRC, Sam saw the pillar of light and said that someone had, uh, ascended.  The ghosts did not appear to know until she told them.  Maybe the pillar of light was caused by something else, and none of the ghosts are actually gone?

Nigel saw it from outside and was afraid Isaac had been the one.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Driad said:

Maybe the pillar of light was caused by something else, and none of the ghosts are actually gone?

Yes, see theory #11 above:

22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

11. ".were all the guests accounted for? Maybe one of them kicked off--or was murdered--resulting in the exultant burst of divine light."  

Quoted from:

23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:
On 2/16/2024 at 12:56 AM, HurricaneVal said:

Or.........were all the guests accounted for?  Maybe one of them kicked off--or was murdered--resulting in the exultant burst of divine light.  Perhaps an unfortunate discovery will be made next week?

We never did see that woman's husband or whoever she was there with. I'm pretty sure she said "we" not "I" want my money back or whatever. So maybe she murdered her husband and is hitting the bricks.

The writers seem to have given us a wealth of possibilities. Most will be Red Herrings, but will all of them? 
I think one of them will explain Flower's *temporary* absence.
But I could be wrong.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 2/15/2024 at 8:18 PM, iMonrey said:

Notably absent was Ralph, Stephanie's love interest.

Unless this isn't just a red herring for the actor's maternity leave, meaning if the writers had already decided Flower would be the one sucked off and then she got pregnant, I think he's the one who got sucked off, and Flower is just missing somewhere. 

Or, in that scenario, it's possible he and Stephanie both got sucked off and, as has been speculated, Crash mistook Flower for Stephanie because Flower is for some reason napping in the attic, but if the actor wants a longer maternity leave, Flower would have to stay missing longer than a nap!  But from them bothering to show their Sixteen Candles kiss in the recap, and neither being seen (by us), if this is just a temporary maternity leave for the actor, they're the best choices for the actual ascendants. 

If Flower really did get sucked off, I'm sure they'll find ways for us to see her, or at least the actor, again.  I hate the Flower/Thor romance (they have zero chemistry of any type, IMO), so I wouldn't miss that.

Except Nancy said all the basement ghosts were accounted for.

She said all her "friends" in the basement were there.  That's a potential loophole, but I didn't get to the episode where we met him in my re-watch, so I don't know if there's any reason to think she doesn't consider him a friend.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Right. But if she isn't coming back, it'd be one hell of a coincidence that they decided to write her out like magic when she went on leave, that's all I'm saying.

It is a way to "cover" for her time off is all.  She'll be back ... this season or next.

• Like 2
(edited)

So, given the legalities of maternity leave, and given the number of possible explanations that the episode gave us for Flower being MIA, I guess it's safe to assume the audience is supposed to be in on it? 

I did have a work friend who left the job after maternity leave — which did not surprise me because her position was not fairly compensated and our boss was bad for our mental health. But everything we've read in interviews with Sheila Carrasco (Flower) and other members of the cast sound like it's a dream job, so I don't see how Flower could be gone permanently. 

So, likely one of scenarios we've gleaned from this episode's hints will come to explain the sucking off beam of light. But perhaps also there's some other realm Flower now inhabits that might have her appear as, say, a translucent talking head for the remainder of the season
— maybe even transmitted from the adjacent property
— by means of a Magic 8 Ball.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, Crash said he saw her and that she was sleeping.

I think that Stephanie slept with the covers over her, so I'm hoping Crash thinks it was her, but maybe it's Flower. Of course, there's lots of other hiding places for Flower, so maybe we'll find out there's a secret room that none of the other ghosts have been in.   :)

• Like 7
On 2/16/2024 at 9:46 AM, chaifan said:

Maybe at one point Hettie's family owned all the property (a realistic scenario) and when they split the property some deed got screwed up and there's a small path that never transferred ownership.  Or, even better, an area that was jointly owned and then forgotten about.  This would give Thor the chance to hug his son! 

It's feasible that there could be a tunnel between two houses. Maybe it was used in the Underground Railroad.  Maybe the speakeasy created the tunnel, as some speakeasies did. 

Maybe the light was an alien spaceship that took Flower away to study a human, not realizing she was a ghost. They would soon realize that she was not a good sample, and return her. No one would believe her story and she would wonder if her memory was merely a drug flashback. Absurd, but this is a TV show about ghosts.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I was very happy that it was Flower who was finally on her way to heaven as she was not my favorite character.  Now, at my table for 1, I am disappointed that it seems the character may be backed based upon the posts in the thread.  I think it makes the series stronger that there is movement within the ghost community.  I thought that seeing Crash in this episode might mean that other ghosts would be developed and I enjoyed the basement ghosts.  I personally hope that Flower is, indeed, gone and stays gone.  I may be alone in my opinion but it's my preference.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chit Chat said:

I think that Stephanie slept with the covers over her, so I'm hoping Crash thinks it was her, but maybe it's Flower.

Ghosts can't pull the covers over themselves. Both times Jay woke Stephanie up she was on top of the covers. Like I said earlier, it would be really hard to mistake Flower for Stephanie with that big poofy prom dress and giant hair. 

Based on everything the show runners have said, Flower was indeed sucked off. I do think she'll be back in some capacity, they have pointed out that other ghosts that have been sucked off came back, like the maid, so clearly they have something in mind, but I don't think it's some trick and she really isn't gone for now. If you recall, when they brought the maid back in the seance, they had only twelve hours to send her back or else she'd be stuck there permanently. I think it will be something similar with Flower.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

If you recall, when they brought the maid back in the seance, they had only twelve hours to send her back or else she'd be stuck there permanently. I think it will be something similar with Flower.

I was thinking she comes back somehow (maybe they do another séance to try to make sure she's all right) and then chooses to stay.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I was thinking she comes back somehow (maybe they do another séance to try to make sure she's all right) and then chooses to stay.

They don’t have anything that belongs to flower

(edited)

If you recall, when they brought the maid back in the seance, they had only twelve hours to send her back or else she'd be stuck there permanently. I think it will be something similar with Flower.

33 minutes ago, Neptune said:

They don’t have anything that belongs to flower

Ooo! I like the idea of Sam and Jay tracking down something that Flower left behind. Maybe Jay's sister could help too.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3

Both times Jay woke Stephanie up she was on top of the covers.

Thanks for the correction.  I thought that Stephanie was hidden under the covers and scared Jay when he was in the attic.  I didn't think it through that she can't get under the covers!!  :)  

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Both times Jay woke Stephanie up she was on top of the covers.

46 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

Thanks for the correction.  I thought that Stephanie was hidden under the covers and scared Jay when he was in the attic.  I didn't think it through that she can't get under the covers!!  :)  

Same. 
But the writers and directors were very specific in showing us how Crash was able to see Stephanie (by detaching and then holding his head up high enough so his eyes could see into the attic).
This made me imagine him just barely seeing her — perhaps only a bit of dark hair seen from the foot of the bed? 

If it is Flower sleeping in the attic, the reveal could include a flashback to Crash's point of view, showing just a wisp of dark hair. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was very happy that it was Flower who was finally on her way to heaven as she was not my favorite character.  Now, at my table for 1, I am disappointed that it seems the character may be backed based upon the posts in the thread.  I think it makes the series stronger that there is movement within the ghost community.  I thought that seeing Crash in this episode might mean that other ghosts would be developed and I enjoyed the basement ghosts.  I personally hope that Flower is, indeed, gone and stays gone.  I may be alone in my opinion but it's my preference.

I agree. I'd be perfectly fine with her being in some flashbacks, but I want her stay in Heaven.  Jay said  Sam was trying to help them move on. What's the point of moving on if you come back?

• Like 4
  • Love 1