Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E22: Look Back: How It's Going (Special Episode)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Description TBD

Air Date: December 31, 2023

Mod Note: According to my research the episode is to air the typical time, 9pm Central, with the episode thread to unlock towards the end of the episode. The Live Chat episode will be open during the airing.

• Like 1

So is that it? Is it the End?  I think they even beat the Look Backs to death...knife in the kidney! Not much else they can show after Christine's wedding.

• Like 7
(edited)

I think it would be a great idea for Douchie to shut the fuck up.  Every time he opens his mouth, some more ridiculous shit comes out.  He literally cannot help himself.

Meri, honey; this is when you get a surveyor.  This is the only way to do things fairly.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 14
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

And Douchie, your kids don't come to see you at your house, why would you think they'd all want to come to your "recreational lot"??  Dingleberry.

Janelle, just stop worrying about your damn "estate"...  You're only 53 years old.  Go get a job, buy some lottery tickets, do SOMETHING yourself FOR YOURSELF.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

And Douchie, your kids don't come to see you at your house, why would you think they'd all want to come to your "recreational lot"??  Dingleberry.

Janelle, just stop worrying about your damn "estate"...  You're only 53 years old.  Go get a job, buy some lottery tickets, do SOMETHING yourself FOR YOURSELF.

Yes!  Thank you!

• Like 9

Kody is never going to do anything with that lot and the holding "pond."  They've had years and they've never even had a family cook out on the plague plot, have they?  The kids have moved out and on and they aren't going to be drawn to his glorified drainage ditch.  It's just a way for him to claim more of the property in his name.  He's simply greedy.

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Kody is never going to do anything with that lot and the holding "pond."  They've had years and they've never even had a family cook out on the plague plot, have they?  The kids have moved out and on and they aren't going to be drawn to his glorified drainage ditch.  It's just a way for him to claim more of the property in his name.  He's simply greedy.

And I'm sure Crybrows is whispering in his ear about the land. She has already said her "estate" will go to "her" kids and as legal spouse, she will get it all at this point. Unless the OG3 can get some claim on their parcels.

• Like 16

In my mind, they just bought a big old hunk of land and had to pay it off BEFORE they could divide it up.  Is this right?  Because if so, it's STILL just a big old hunk of land and a SURVEYOR could and will HAVE to at some point, divide up the hunk.

• Like 5

In re: "Just a knife in the kidneys, over all these years. The sacrifices that I made to love you. WAAAAY-STEAD."

Tonight, Kody said:

There was a woman that I was courting for a very long time — before I married Janelle. Her and Meri were friends. After I married Christine, she still wanted to be in the family. Christine shut it down the first time, because, you know, Christine and I were friends. She says, 'You know, I'd never marry you, if you'd marry her'. And then Christine had no interest in having her in the family, after Christine had come in the family.

So, is that the girl that Kody and Meri took a shine to, that they had to wait until she was 18 to court? Is that the girl that called off the wedding, a week prior to the wedding? 

ALSO THOUGH,

Do you all remember Christine talking about how some woman used to call up Kody? She wasn't interested in talking to the wives, just Kody, and so Christine shut it all down?

Do we think it's all the same girl?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 8

Welp, I'm glad to see the OG 3 getting their TRUE thoughts & fillings out on this lookback.  I kinda think this may be the end of it.  The Christine wedding special and then HOPEFULLY they'll pull the plug on this shit show.

Hey! It's almost 2024!! HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS!!!😊

• Like 12
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, Crybrows last comments really did sound like a summing up of the situation and the final end of the family.  Hope she and Kootie are "happy together" forever!! That should be just about enough punishment to CB for all the sadness she has caused.

ETA: But the sadness she caused to create her Queendom actually is turning into much happiness for the OG3!!

Gotcha CB!!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Whoever that girl was, she dodged a bullet for sure!

Happy new year everyone! 😊🎇

• Like 13
  • Love 4

Hate to beat a dead horse but for Gawds sake does Robyn ever not cry?  For the 2nd time last night she just couldn't watch a clip because it was too emotional. And she was close to breaking down in the reading if the mission statement. I swear she is going to end up in a mental institution.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Man, Kody has the most bizarre thoughts. I'm talking about him saying Meri beat the love out of him after 1 year of marriage. WTF? Asshat has no idea of what marriage is . In the polygamous world he says he had to get a second wife to dilute the marriage. In a monogamous marriage it would be called cheating on your wife because you're sick of her and really should get a divorce NOT marry a second,third or fourth time. Does he think we all agree with this way of thinking?

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 20
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Every single time he opens his yap, Kootie makes himself look more mentally ill.  

We are looking at him reacting to some of the original scenes and then see him talking in circles to make it all about him and how he was working SO HARD for the family but was BETRAYED.  Never once did a lightbulb go on to indicate he finally figured out who the real villain is in this fiasco.

I would like to see him viewing these last three episodes - just a split screen and his face as he views what is being said about him.  I don't want to hear him spew any more crap, I just want to see his head explode.

Seriously, this dude needs some time in an institution for counseling and steriod withdrawal.  Plus no access to the manosphere.

I am begging TLC - no more kidney knives or front porches.  Seven million replays of those scenes was way too many.

• Like 18
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Robyn's summation at the end was fascinating because of what production shows: 

Great observation!

I don't know how Kootie treated the crew but I suspect not too well.  They seem to be showing Kootie and Sobbyn in the worst light.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Kody screaming about his wives "You can all fall in line or get the hell out." Other than making him look like an out of control angry bully what was that statement suppose to accomplish? I have to wonder if he ever watches these segments and thinks that he looks like a complete fool because I am sure the vast majority of viewers think this. 

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Kody screaming about his wives "You can all fall in line or get the hell out." Other than making him look like an out of control angry bully what was that statement suppose to accomplish? I have to wonder if he ever watches these segments and thinks that he looks like a complete fool because I am sure the vast majority of viewers think this. 

I doubt he thinks he looks like a moron.  Self reflection isn't really in his wheelhouse, now is it?

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't think self-awareness is Kody's strong suit. So, I suspect he thinks it makes him look masculine and strong. Somehow I doubt toxic masculinity is something Kody knows about. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 4

Also Kody's comment, "Sadness makes me angry." WTF?

M'kay... sadness makes me sad. Maybe in Kody's pea-brained belief that he is hypermasculine, anger is just sadness leaving the body (much like pain is just weakness leaving the body). Twat. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Man, Kody has the most bizarre thoughts. I'm talking about him saying Meri beat the love out of him after 1 year of marriage. WTF? Asshat has no idea of what marriage is . In the polygamous world he says he had to get a second wife to dilute the marriage. In a monogamous marriage it would be called cheating on your wife because you're sick of her and really should get a divorce NOT marry a second,third or fourth time. Does he think we all agree with this way of thinking?

True! When he said that about Meri beating the love out of him, I literally made a vocal sound!  Like WTH?  So, what did he mean?  Not saying he was right.  He’s wrong to say cruel things, but I wonder what he meant, because when the show first came on, I thought he was crazy over Meri and that she was the preferred wife.  

• Like 17
  • Love 4
(edited)

My hot take after watching Kidney and Crybrows in these episodes is that they are in a state where their mental weaknesses feed off each other and multiply. Totally co-dependent and unhealthy. I don't get the impression that they've ever had a properly bare bones, honest convo about how they really feel about the family imploding. It's all smoke, mirrors and words that say nothing or flat out contradict. They're also both stuck in the roles they played to woo each other when they first met - they don't feel to me like they really know each other any more than Kody ever knew the real Christine, for example. Robyn is the fragile bird prone to fits of the vapours who treats Kody as her best customer and Kody is her valiant, manly saviour fighting imaginary battles to keep her safe. But we know she's not that fragile and he wouldn't know manly if it tugged his Shirley Temples. Neither seems willing to self reflect and tell the truth even if only to each other. So even their soul-mate relationship is based on at the very least fibs cos they can't even just say out loud that it all turned out for the best in the end - they're doomed. Whether they stay together or not.

I feel hellish for the kids in that household. Sol particularly. He strikes me as a thinky kid, like Gabe. How does anything ever make sense with that pair running things?

Edit: Janelle and Christine should learn video editing etc or get a couple of the kids into it. There's good money to be made having a vlog style Youtube channel. Just don't shill your crap on it, keep that separate. Then you've two herds to milk. You're welcome.

Edited by Auntie Freeze
  • Like 18
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, nosedive said:

Hungry is the man who finds salvation in a cookie."  his wife's turkey

Edited by MsMalin
  • LOL 16

Crybrows never disappoints.  She's right on cue for what she calls panic attacks, and sobbing while tearless.  What a phony.

I thought Kootie was going to have a stroke.  He was so red-faced and angry!  Has he always had those 2 little black spots on the left side of his face?  Those angry eyes would give me nightmares, and I'm thankful it's only on my TV screen.

Have fun in marriage hell, you two nutjobs.  I'm sorry for the kids living under the roof of that ugly brown house.  I see therapy in their futures.

• Like 21
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

And wasn't this retreat facilitated by the wonder therapist Nancy? WTF didn't she point it out? Argh! 

Wonder therapist Nancy indeed. I thought at the time that she was worthless but honestly, she was worse than that. I always thought that Kody was paying her on the side to not help the wives at all.

• Like 12
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, altopower said:

Wonder therapist Nancy indeed. I thought at the time that she was worthless but honestly, she was worse than that. I always thought that Kody was paying her on the side to not help the wives at all.

I always thought Nancy kinda did the best she could, considering she was probably told to operate as if leaving polygamy was not something they were going to explore. So all she could really work on was getting them to understand each other better or communicate better. She couldn't address root problems/reality, they weren't there for that. 

• Like 14
On 12/31/2023 at 11:43 PM, General Days said:

Tonight, Kody said:

So, is that the girl that Kody and Meri took a shine to, that they had to wait until she was 18 to court? Is that the girl that called off the wedding, a week prior to the wedding? 

ALSO THOUGH,

Do you all remember Christine talking about how some woman used to call up Kody? She wasn't interested in talking to the wives, just Kody, and so Christine shut it all down?

I think it's the same girl.  It's impossible to know what to believe with these people, but I lean towards believing Christine in that by the time Kody asked the mystery girl to come into the family, she was like - thanks, but no thanks.

Because let's be rill, there cannot possibly be that many women who were willing to marry Kody Brown, right?

And yes, I would pay to watch this woman's YouTube where she discusses how she narrowly escaped this side-show.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:49 AM, MsMalin said:

He's disgusting and that's putting it mildly.  He supposedly was "duped" into marrying Meri, whatever that might mean, and then she beat the love out of him so he had to grab Janelle to dilute (gross/yuck/blech!!!) his marriage to Meri.  Then, when - shockingly, Meri did not take well to her husband having married her ex-sister in law, and the two women butted heads, he found a gross, nacho-eating, homely, awful woman named Christine to throw into the garbage disposal of his life because he thought she would act as butterfly-princess liaison between those first two screaming shrews.  The fact that this man refused to ever work on any of his relationships except to add another wife is so beyond the pale, I can't even formulate words.

But I LOVED Meri coming at Kody at the picnic table summit, telling him point-blank - you were once in love with me, and you know it.  And then having Janelle and Christine say the same thing.  Bravo, ladies.  Well done.

23 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I think the original wives and kids got sick of placating Robyn and saw through her behaviour fairly quickly. Kody (who thinks of himself as a brilliant man) refuses to believe he could ever be manipulated but is still left with this hysterical woman he has to give way to in order to have any peace and so blames everyone else for her fits.

This is a perfect summary.

23 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

I don't know how Kootie treated the crew but I suspect not too well.  They seem to be showing Kootie and Sobbyn in the worst light.

Hopefully TLC was paying everyone on the set overtime for the insane amount of times that production had to be shut down so Robyn could finish up with her theatrics.  Most of the crew could probably pay off their homes with that paycheck. 

• Like 17
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

None of these latest episodes are available in Canada. Sister Wives is only on Discovery Plus, through Amazon, and for reasons known only to them, they haven't loaded anything since the last One on One. 

So I'm reading along with the comments, trying to follow the chronology. And I'm doing a rewatch, since I barely paid attention to the early seasons.  Had I watched them in real time (was PrimeTimer even around then?) I wouldn't have been able to abide by the "don't disparage children" rule. Because these kids are insufferable from the very first episode (except Logan, Logan is a puppy dog). It's odd to watch the sanctimonious one, the hysterical crying one, the know-it-all one, etc.  knowing how the next decade plays out.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

None of these latest episodes are available in Canada. Sister Wives is only on Discovery Plus, through Amazon, and for reasons known only to them, they haven't loaded anything since the last One on One. 

That's odd, as  I live in Canada and I get Sister Wives on TLC, including the last four episodes since the One on One episodes. I didn't even know the series was available on another site as I have always watched it on TLC. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

May Kody forever and for all eternity lie down in the bed of his own making with his thread bare quilt of his own bitterness.

May I add...and wake every morning to find that another one of his precious ringlets has abandoned his scalp and lies forlornly on his rock-like pillow made of rage.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 19

She has had YEARS to get used to the idea of each sister wife leaving.

Meri wanted to be part of the family, and appears to show up whenever Robyn and Kody invite her. Yet in this past season, Robyn left Meri out of Easter. According to Meri, Robyn never contacted her about coming for Easter or participating in anything. And Robyn didn't fight to include Meri in that Christmas #2, possibly because Mykelti doesn't like Meri. So how much does Robyn really want Sister Wives and want to work things out and have one big family?

BFF Jenn implied that Robyn often doesn't show up for her plans with Meri. I think Christine is right that Robyn says one thing, but her actions speak very differently. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

From what I read elsewhere, TLC will release these episodes to MAX etc, after the 2 episodes of Christine’s wedding air, which is January 7th and 14th. I’m sure there’s some type of strategy in that, if that is indeed what they are going to do.

• Like 1
  • Useful 10