Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: It's Not About the Pants

• Start Topic

Las Vegas starts with a bang as the women hold an intervention for Sutton, who is disappointed with her dating life. Erika treats the group to a VIP experience at a sexy show for Crystal's 40th birthday, but Sutton's reaction surprises the ladies. Kyle's new workout routine raises questions. Garcelle opens up old wounds with Dorit.

Airdate: 11/08/2023

Reminder: Real time events that have happened are spoilers until they occur in episode time.  Please continue to discuss those events in the respective housewife's thread or in the media thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With everything swirling around about Kyle and Mauricio I think we should all take a step back and consider those who are really affected by it all.

Has anyone really considered Aroma 360 in all of this…..

• Fire 1
  • LOL 20

Vicki Gunvalson clutched her pearls better. She would have gone up on that stage like a shot if given the opportunity. It’s not like she didn’t know what she was going to see — Erika arranged it, FFS.

Something’s been off with her since the start of this episode.

Just now, 65mickey said:

Ugh just raunchy. I'm not surprised that Erika went upon stage and spread her legs but I was a little shocked at Crystal. However what did Sutton expect a ballet performance?

She expected one of those hunks to pull her up on stage.

3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

C’mon Sutton, just lie and say you have to pee and scroll your phone in the lobby with the rest of us who don’t want to be there. 

Or yell “Jovani! Thank you, Jovani!” 😂

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I know we’ve been on pause for a while, but was Sutton’s accent always this strong?  I feel like, pearl clutching behavior tonight aside, she sounds more Southern gentlewoman than I remember.

I have been thinking this every episode so far!! It’s seems really exaggerated this season.

• Like 12

What the hell is up with Kyle insisting that Sutton was upset because she didn't get to go on stage? Sutton should have just said to her okay have it your way Miss know it all. I have to agree with Sutton Kyle was being a bitch. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

I think Erika was grotesque.  Did she have to be the center of attention.  She said herself she was there to see her friends.  It’s a good thing she wore the spandex because the guy didn’t have to smell anything.  I’m okay with Crystal, it’s her birthday.  I don’t think Sutton would have gone on stage.

• Like 21
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I think Erika was grotesque.  Did she have to be the center of attention.  She said herself she was there to see her friends.  It’s a good thing she wore the spandex because the guy didn’t have to smell anything.  I’m okay with Crystal, it’s her birthday.  I don’t think Sutton would have gone on stage.

This was all about Erika. Back on stage, spreading ‘em again.

Crystal’s birthday was just an excuse.

EDIT — How would you like to be the server at that table, or a diner sitting next to it? Woah…what shade on Dorit by Crystal!

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5

Nice Bravo callback to the infamous “It’s not about the pasta!” (Vanderpump Rules). I think it was about the pants at first. Sutton was upset that she wasn’t pulled up on stage since they were just making such a big deal about loosening her up for dating, so this was going to be some sexy transformative moment for her. But then when she saw what the dancer was doing with Erika, she completely panicked thinking what if that was me on stage, and that’s why she started spiraling about being in the ballet board.

But weirder than that, the dancer with his head in Erika’s crotch was her friend and dancer?! Now that seems to be crossing a line there. Even if he arranged it, have one of his buddies be the one all up in her business. Then again, that was probably a standard move in her stage show, so they’re just breaking out one of their old routines.

Wait, now Sutton is talking about her sex toys and “desensitized clitoris” on TV?!? What would the board of trustees say about that? I take it back. It’s not about the pants, it’s about not being chosen by the strippers, just like she’s never chosen for a second date.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Let’s be honest here…would anybody really trust these women to really confide in them? Garcelle owes them nothing…especially Dorit. I’d forgotten about PK’s snide remark.

Sutton was just trying too hard to be one of the “edgy” gang, but really, she’s too socially awkward to pull it off.

Her behavior was just bizarre from start to finish tonight. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 15
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, bosawks said:

With everything swirling around about Kyle and Mauricio I think we should all take a step back and consider those who are really affected by it all.

Has anyone really considered Aroma 360 in all of this…..

I've noticed that during last week only Mauricio is featured, not him, and Kyle together anymore.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The thinner Kyle get the meaner she gets. I would not be at all surprised if this season doesn't turn out to be Kyle, Dorit and Erika ganging up on Sutton and Garcelle. I still think Kyle is pushing hard for a spot for her buddy Teddi. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I know we’ve been on pause for a while, but was Sutton’s accent always this strong?  I feel like, pearl clutching behavior tonight aside, she sounds more Southern gentlewoman than I remember.

Her accent becomes more pronounced as time passes by.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

I think fame and being a fan favorite went into Sutton's head. She wouldn't be the first reality person to have this issue.

She started by saying that she wanted to show how successful she became (she wouldn't be able to open her store without her husband's money, and she wouldn't be on the show if she weren't rich because of her husband), that she is intellectually superior to everybody, she terrorizes her house manager for no reason, she was upset she was not chosen to be on the stage with the stripper, she had a tantrum like a kid, and they all had to leave.

Also, her pant, and sweater top outfit was not appropriate for the venue if she wanted to get some attention, and I think she considered Erika responsible for giving her (the wrong) advice about what to wear. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

Something I’ve noticed about Sutton’s voice is that it sounds hoarse and I’ve always noticed her southern accent. It gets stronger the more she drinks. 
Sexy stuff happens at male strip shows. Did Sutton not know that? Or was she jealous she didn’t get chosen to go on stage? If that’s the case she ruined everyone’s night.

I don’t blame Garcelle for not trusting telling these ladies with anything about her sons. I wish when Dorit said ‘it’s  been a year’, I wanted Garcelle to say to Dorit’ well, it’s been a year since you got robbed and you’re still talking about it’. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6

Sutton is psycho.  If I throw in my two cents... When Erika showed up  in latex pants, Sutton should have put a dress on.  I think that was some practice deal for Erika's show since she's in "residence".

Kyle IS meaner than ever. 

Dorito is meh.

Garcelle's still my favorite.

Ok, I'm kinda bored, but that hotel seemed really nice.

• Like 9

Just started watching. They're talking about Sutton's love life.

I'm not sure Sutton is the dating kind. There's nothing wrong with that. 

However, I wouldn't take dating advice from Kyle and Dorit who are in less-than-stellar marriages and seem to annoy their husbands. Those would be the last people I would want talking about my love life. Lol. Just saying.

I suspect that Sutton's real issue is her ex-husband having moved on into another long-term relationship and she continues to struggle with finding a steady relationship.

They were childhood sweethearts, so I'm guessing she doesn't have much experience with men outside of him.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Kyle is angry (but she was more like her old self tonight) because she doesn't eat, doesn't drink (not that I recommend people to drink in order to be fun), Mauricio works too much, and is absent, he possibly cheated, and her kids except for one left home. She became closer to female friends (as we were told in the previous episode), at least one of those is younger, and she realized she is older, and she didn't live her life. 

Sutton said that this (going to the Magic Mike show) was not her brand, and then she denied she said it.

Erika finally received and listened to proper/legitimate PR advice, and she is on a redemption tour. She even knew to just apologize, and not to push it like Dorit did about Garcelle's kids. Her voice and laugh still annoy me. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Axie said:

They’re always so dismissive of Garcelle’s feelings.  I don’t know how she can stand to be with most of them.

Well, Dorit was. Kyle agreed with Garcelle, Krystal was quiet, and Sutton supported her.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Sutton’s offended because she’s jealous. Of what, I don’t know…I’m no prude, but I found that display gross.

Here's what pissed her off:  before the gals were taken onstage the dancers came into their row of seats, danced sexy around a bunch of them and completely ignored Sutton.  You can see her face change as the one danced on Garcelle and ignored her.  It was all downhill from there.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

But weirder than that, the dancer with his head in Erika’s crotch was her friend and dancer?! Now that seems to be crossing a line there. Even if he arranged it, have one of his buddies be the one all up in her business. Then again, that was probably a standard move in her stage show, so they’re just breaking out one of their old routines.

Except that it looked like Crystal was getting the same treatment, so it seemed like the Magic Mike routine to me.  Of course, Erika's ability to grab her ankles while it was happening made hers a little different 😄

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I generally enjoy Sutton, but boy did I ever dislike her tonight . She comes across so awkward and neurotic, and I do think she was upset because she wasn't being fawned over at the show. Just because she has a lot of money doesn't mean every activity should center around her and she was very rude at the Magic Mike's show.I don't know who is worse, Dorit or Sutton, for making every situation or discussion about them. I would be exhausted being around these two.

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Well, Dorit was. Kyle agreed with Garcelle, Krystal was quiet, and Sutton supported her.

Even Erika understood, especially When garcelle said she can't put a time limit on her feelings.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 11

Sutton would be intolerable to be around. Such a high maintenance friend it’d be utterly exhausting. Just like she blew up at not being in on the fake vodka joke, now she’s pissed that the dancers didn’t make a beeline for her. Bullshit that Ms. Sex Twice a Day, Numb Clitoris from All Those Vibrators has a problem with a gay shirtless man sticking his head on a woman’s crotch. Whatever would the ballet board think? And then the high maintenance schtick with both Ari with the pants and Garcelle with the itchy back. Whether she’s really that precious or if it’s playing to the camera, it’s annoying when it’s accompanied by her social hissy fits.

So was Teddi’s vodka comment actually implying that Sutton spikes her Ocean Spray? If so Sutton needs to consider using something else.

As someone who’s consistently disliked Door-it for going on 7 seasons now, I loved Crystal’s dig, even though I’m sure it’s going to spiral into a feud and an issue at the reunion. And way to make Garcelle’s feelings all about you, asshole. These women have a habit of trying to constantly make Garcelle and Crystal apologize for their feelings.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 16
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sexy stuff happens at male strip shows. Did Sutton not know that? Or was she jealous she didn’t get chosen to go on stage? If that’s the case she ruined everyone’s night.

Exactly .  This is the same Sutton that made a HUGE scene stomping out crying and wanting to leave Garcelle's birthday party because she didn't bring a gift and Kyle, Kathy, and Crystal did; thus taking all the attention away from Garcelle. 

This time it was Crystal's birthday she ruined, which is a shame because Crystal looked like she was really having fun!

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm still not understanding Garcelle's "dress". 

Same here. Nice color. But the shape was not flattering. The fabric was too stiff. It reminds me of how, when I was little, if I tried to sew a dress for my Barbie doll, the fabric wouldn’t drape at all on such a small form.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

First of all, the Magic Mike show is exactly what it has always been except the guys were wearing a bit more clothing than usual. Other than that, it's nothing new and all of these women know that. If a guy friend of mine was in the show, I'd consider it hilarious to do a routine with him. It's simulated sex, not the end of the world. Sutton was more upset that she dressed in pants so she could be on stage, but no one dragged her up within the first 20 minutes.

Has anyone else noted the trend between Dorit and Kyle? A couple of years ago Kyle was robbed and had to file insurance. A month later Dorit was robbed and 'needed' to file an insurance claim. Kyle was talking about how bad this last year has been for her and Mo's marriage. Suddenly Dorit is talking about how bad her and PK's marriage was during the last year. It's time Dorit found her own storyline.

Kyle's going through some kind of personal crises hence the quitting drinking, exercising and hanging out with a new group of friends. It reminds me of when I turned 45, and for the next three years I kind of lost my mind. It was like I was trying to reclaim my 20s and 30s because I was too busy working and looking after babies.

5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm still not understanding Garcelle's "dress". 

I really liked Garcelle's outfit. Her legs are amazing, something I've never noticed before because her dresses are usually longer. But I'm all for that outfit - it was perfect for Vegas.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Here's what pissed her off:  before the gals were taken onstage the dancers came into their row of seats, danced sexy around a bunch of them and completely ignored Sutton.  You can see her face change as the one danced on Garcelle and ignored her.  It was all downhill from there.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!  This is it in a nutshell!  Sutton knew what kind of place she was going to and even brought dollar bills and wore pants as Erica said but the dancers totally ignored her and you could tell by her face how disappointed she was.  Her ego was bruised.  Plain and simple.  When that happened she tried to save face by putting on the fake pearl clutching scene and pretending that she is above it all. 

Frankly, the thought of a strange man gyrating his sweaty junk in my face grosses me out.  I have to know you better to go near that thing, but to each his own.  🤣

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
6 minutes ago, swankie said:

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!  This is it in a nutshell!  Sutton knew what kind of place she was going to and even brought dollar bills and wore pants as Erica said but the dancers totally ignored her and you could tell by her face how disappointed she was.  Her ego was bruised.  Plain and simple.  When that happened she tried to save face by putting on the fake pearl clutching scene and pretending that she is above it all. 

Frankly, the thought of a strange man gyrating his sweaty junk in my face grosses me out.  I have to know you better to go near that thing, but to each his own.  🤣

I like Sutton, but she felt left out when the dancers ignored her. That's why she got pissy.

I agree with you, to each their own, because I don't get the appeal of going to a strip show (regardless of who's performing). It's a bit too cheesy for my taste.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 17
5 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I can't imagine spending hours in glam and wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothing just to be laid down on that disgusting floor; I am feeling sticky just thinking about it...

The whole whip cream scene with Kyle. Sticky and groddy. *shudders*

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Wait, now Sutton is talking about her sex toys and “desensitized clitoris” on TV?!? What would the board of trustees say about that? I take it back. It’s not about the pants, it’s about not being chosen by the strippers, just like she’s never chosen for a second date.

I'm guessing this is her storyline for the season.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3