Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Ghost Light

• Start Topic

All roads lead the trio back to the Goosebury Theater during a nerve-rattling thunderstorm. With Howard as their jittery guide, they track a legendary ghost who’s haunted the theater for generations. Boo.

Available 9/5.

• Love 1

I liked that they were back at the theater but didn't connect with Steve Martin's monologue in the bathroom. It was shades of his white room performance.

They really are the best when they work together so I hope this breakup doesn't last too long.

Were my eyes deceiving me or was dude actually cooking that rat?!!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1

I'm with Mabel as regards the guys having their heads way up their asses most of the time. Sometimes it is cute and funny but there are times to focus and they never seem to get there without Mabel having to babysit them.

Having said that, for no reason in particular I suspect Tobert of being the killer now. That would mean Mabel is also being willfully blind about the situation and also means the guys are going to have to figure out how to rescue her.

Just now, sjankis630 said:

Were my eyes deceiving me or was dude actually cooking that rat?!!

He totally was, hence why he pronounced it to be a good day.

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

Forget Ben's Murder: the main question I have now is what exactly happens if you feed Hugh Jackman after midnight?!!

Well, I kind of figured this was going to happen, but it was still painful to watch.  The gang seems to be going their separate ways at the moment.  Definitely on Team Mabel right now.  I understand and even sympathize with Oliver over him wanting to have a successful show and finally find love, but he really is letting his feelings cloud his judgement.  I still don't think Loretta will end up being the actual killer, but there is clearly something going on with her and her connection with Ben, and he is refusing to do anything about it.  Bad call, Oliver.  This will not end well for you, I suspect.

As for Charles, he's just going through the classic bit where he is letting his recent break-up make him spiral mentally and is lashing out in ways he normally wouldn't.  Have a little more faith that he might be able to pull his head out of his rear end quicker than Oliver, but he is definitely putting himself at odds with almost everyone he is close to except President McKinley (although he did almost flush him!  Whoops!)

Still not sure if he'll end up being the killer, but I continue to think Tobert will end up being bad news.

Glad they didn't waste too much time with Jonathan as a suspect.  No way he would ever be capable of something like that!

Surprisingly enjoyed the scenes with Howard and the stagehand.

Who played the director living in the attic?  He definitely was familiar.

Thought Selena Gomez really shined this go around.

Hope our favorite murder solving trio makes up very soon!

• Like 8
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hope our favorite murder solving trio makes up very soon!

Now that Mabel fell in the Thirst Trap that is Tobert, all 3 of our Scoobies' relationships can start or continue to devolve into breakups that wake up the Scoobies so they can Win Solve Ben Stein's Glenroy's Money Murder.

But will any or all of the 3 love interests (Tobert, Loretta, Joy) get murdered in the process?

I'm still obsessing over the fish being name President McKinley. Is it just because he's always almost getting flushed down the drain?

• Like 5
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Forget Ben's Murder: the main question I have now is what exactly happens if you feed Hugh Jackman after midnight?!!

Same here!  Loved that bit. 

I'll have to re-watch this (as usual) there is a lot to unpack. Loved Mabel this episode, she's growing so much. 

Still not sure about Tobert, but he does get some great lines. I really don't see him as the murderer, so he probably will be. LOL. 

Howard and KT on stage was wonderful. If you've ever done theater, in any capacity, (high school, college, amateur, or professional) you gotta love a backstage storyline. 

Gosh I love this show. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 6
8 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I'm with Mabel as regards the guys having their heads way up their asses most of the time. Sometimes it is cute and funny but there are times to focus and they never seem to get there without Mabel having to babysit them.

Having said that, for no reason in particular I suspect Tobert of being the killer now. That would mean Mabel is also being willfully blind about the situation and also means the guys are going to have to figure out how to rescue her.

He totally was, hence why he pronounced it to be a good day.

Protein is an important part of a healthy diet. I loved "The phantom of the opera's dorm room".

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I think Mabel should look in the mirror when she accuses Charles and Oliver of letting their feelings cloud their judgment.  She would normally be skeptical of any relative stranger sidling up to her especially when it comes to solving the murders and both Charles and Oliver were right to challenge her on her unquestioning belief in Tobert.  The fact that we haven't had an episode pointing a firm finger at him yet is also suspicious because just about everyone else in the cast has been implicated somehow.  The fact that he by himself showed up at the theater is also suspicious.  I would think he would at least ask Mabel why she didn't invite him to go with them.  He's acting like a "4th wheel" at this point.  

Is it me or does anyone think the quirky electrical stuff might be caused by that squatting director's usage of the outlets upstairs?  The way one of them sparked when he plugged something into it made me think that.  It also makes me worry that he'll burn the whole place down.  Oh, and now Oliver has a secret he's keeping from the other two.  Charles was "outed" on his secret in this episode about slapping Ben.  It makes me wonder if Mabel also has a secret she's keeping from the others.  It seems like the trio is matching each other in several ways this season, like with secrets and letting their romantic feelings cloud their judgment about the investigation.

By the way, the "Goosebury" theater interiors are being filmed at a theater I know all my life in the Washington Heights (yes, that "Heights") neighborhood of upper Manhattan, which is also the neighborhood where my husband grew up.  It's now known as the United Palace Theater on 4140 Broadway (and 175th St.).  It was originally a Loew's movie theater but it was constructed to also handle concerts and live vaudeville shows.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I had some anxiety waiting for the President to be flushed, and I felt that scene went on too long. The loneliness inherent in Charles bringing his fish on an investigation he is making with his friends is...heartbreaking. Also dumb. The burittosode offer must have hurt, too.

the red mark was Charles hitting him.

The ghost light going out and the sandbags falling, genuinely creepy.  Suddenly I hope our two thwarted thespians get their own show, her directing and him in the lead.

I still have no idea who could have murdered Ben.

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Best guess is he 'wolverines' out, but it is also possible that he gets really maudlin and sings cheesy ballads.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think Mabel should look in the mirror when she accuses Charles and Oliver of letting their feelings cloud their judgment.  She would normally be skeptical of any relative stranger sidling up to her especially when it comes to solving the murders and both Charles and Oliver were right to challenge her on her unquestioning belief in Tobert.  The fact that we haven't had an episode pointing a firm finger at him yet is also suspicious because just about everyone else in the cast has been implicated somehow.  The fact that he by himself showed up at the theater is also suspicious.  I would think he would at least ask Mabel why she didn't invite him to go with them.  He's acting like a "4th wheel" at this point.  

Is it me or does anyone think the quirky electrical stuff might be caused by that squatting director's usage of the outlets upstairs?  The way one of them sparked when he plugged something into it made me think that.  It also makes me worry that he'll burn the whole place down.  Oh, and now Oliver has a secret he's keeping from the other two.  Charles was "outed" on his secret in this episode about slapping Ben.  It makes me wonder if Mabel also has a secret she's keeping from the others.  It seems like the trio is matching each other in several ways this season, like with secrets and letting their romantic feelings cloud their judgment about the investigation.

By the way, the "Goosebury" theater interiors are being filmed at a theater I know all my life in the Washington Heights (yes, that "Heights") neighborhood of upper Manhattan, which is also the neighborhood where my husband grew up.  It's now known as the United Palace Theater on 4140 Broadway (and 175th St.).  It was originally a Loew's movie theater but it was constructed to also handle concerts and live vaudeville shows.  

Yes, that grill was also quite a fire hazard. I doubt he uses much electricity compared to the theater as a whole, but he may be using questionable power strips and connections.

It is a good point that Mabel may have a secret, unless her secret she has kept from them can be considered to be her relationship with Tobert.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

I'm going to be supremely disappointed if we don't get a 'Hugh Jackman-being-fed-after-midnight' cameo by the end of this season.

Ryan Reynolds doing the feeding... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
40 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

I'm going to be supremely disappointed if we don't get a 'Hugh Jackman-being-fed-after-midnight' cameo by the end of this season.

Well someone has to move into that now empty apartment...

I figured that the trio would have a temporary break up this season, but that didn't make it any easier to see, I really hope that it doesn't last long. I can really understand everyone's perspectives, Oliver is getting carried away with his dream project, Charles was obsessing about his relationship and now his break up, plus his insecurity about his role in the play, leaving Mabel as the one focuses on the mystery and feeling left out. It doesn't help that finally getting to direct again is really bringing out some of Oliver's worst qualities and that's just making everything worse. 

I really liked Howard being the narrator of the episode and the backstory is the theater being haunted, I always appreciate when the show adds depths to its quirky supporting cast. The ghost stories and the falling sandbags really did feel rather creepy. I am also glad that they quickly cleared Jonathan, no way do I buy him as the killer.

This was a really good episode for Mabel, Selena really did a great job with her growing frustration while still being her stoic self. I am still not sure I trust Tobert, he might not be the killer but I think he has some secrets. With Mabel feeling left out of the musical, I wonder if they are setting up a reason for Mabel to get to sing?

I laughed quite a bit at Charles being convinced that he's been locked up for years somehow and not just half an hour or so. "Is SNL still on!?"

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Is it me or does anyone think the quirky electrical stuff might be caused by that squatting director's usage of the outlets upstairs?  The way one of them sparked when he plugged something into it made me think that.

You see, this is why if you’re going to inhabit a theatre that it’s much better to have a subterranean lair with water and thousands of candles! On that note, the show really missed an opportunity by not having Andrew Lloyd Webber be the Goosebury’s phantom…

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Is it me or does anyone think the quirky electrical stuff might be caused by that squatting director's usage of the outlets upstairs?

I wonder if the rats have been gnawing the electrical wires.

I missed that he ended up grilling the rat, if he actually did that. Seems a little too gross. I'll have to rewatch.

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I had some anxiety waiting for the President to be flushed, and I felt that scene went on too long.

The moment he put the fish in the tank, I knew it would be flushed, but of course I didn't know who would do it. So when he said he'd had a lot of coffee, it was clear he would flush it, and I was bored. The whole thing with him bring President McKinley was dumb, imo. 

I thought it was strange that Oliver said, “I also know Krav Maga," as if he had heard Howard saying to Ghost Gidean, “I know Krav Maga.”

Funny when Jerry said to Oliver, "Your manservant spotted me this morning."

I was sorry to see the trio fight and break up. I really didn't see what Charles did wrong. Just not tell them about punching Ben? Makes me try to remember how he reacted whenever someone talked about Ben needing makeup to cover the red mark on his face.

I'm not sure who to suspect murdered Ben, so I won't suspect anyone right now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I thought it was strange that Oliver said, “I also know Krav Maga," as if he had heard Howard saying to Ghost Gidean, “I know Krav Maga.”

I just presumed that Howard told them every detail, including what he said to the 'ghost'.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Affogato said:

Protein is an important part of a healthy diet. I loved "The phantom of the opera's dorm room".

My favorite line of the episode for sure.

I'm not sure if Mabel's supposed to also be letting feelings cloud her judgment, only because it doesn't seem like she feels much for this guy, even if she wants to sleep with him. He's investigating and paying some attention to her.

Which is not to say that he won't turn out to have secrets, but she's not destroying evidence to protect him like Oliver is with Loretta. Something that will probably come back to bite him when it turns out it wasn't her, but the clue he's sitting on could lead to the real killer. I wonder if she'll get her one night starring on Broadway and then take the fall for her son or something.

Really loved this episode. I was more interested in some storylines than others (Charles locked in the closet wasn't moving the plot the way the others' were) but I loved them all being at the theater. And Oliver really is pushing the limit of whether or not this friendship can work with lines about Mabel having never had a real job. But it makes sense--she sometimes makes snarky, light comments about their age, but it's never as serious as what he said there.

• Like 8

Wow... I pretty much hated the whole episode. It wasn't funny. I guess it tried to be deep but it wasn't (unlike, say, the Bunny episode last season). And I find neither Tobert nor the "ghost" director remotely interesting.

The sort-of bonding between Howard and KT was almost enjoyable.

Edited by ofmd
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I was hoping we would get more of the group together but now they’ve ended at odds.    Only 4 episodes left?    In some ways, I feel like the story hasn’t even really started.   

Why would Charles take the fish along?    It just made no sense.  

Oliver’s rant about Mabel not having a real job was just cruel.    

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Fittingly, this theater was the site of the 2023 Tonys.  It looked liked a fantastic place.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I'm not sure if Mabel's supposed to also be letting feelings cloud her judgment, only because it doesn't seem like she feels much for this guy, even if she wants to sleep with him. He's investigating and paying some attention to her.

Which is not to say that he won't turn out to have secrets, but she's not destroying evidence to protect him like Oliver is with Loretta. Something that will probably come back to bite him when it turns out it wasn't her, but the clue he's sitting on could lead to the real killer. I wonder if she'll get her one night starring on Broadway and then take the fall for her son or something.

Mabel never seems to show a lot of feeling for anyone so you never know what she's really feeling, but I think Charles and Oliver had a point that she is sharing details and evidence with someone she doesn't know she can trust outside the trio.  Although didn't Charles do that with Jan 2 seasons ago, who turned out to be the murderer?  They're all pretty much in glass houses throwing stones at this point.  

22 minutes ago, buckboard said:

Fittingly, this theater was the site of the 2023 Tonys.  It looked liked a fantastic place.

They did a fantastic job restoring it, I think.  Also, ironically it's a Broadway theater, only it's about 130 blocks North of the theater district.  Also, it has a unique, original and historic theater organ in it that's also being restored.  I'd love to hear it being played in an episode!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

Maybe the bit about Charles bringing a pet fish in a plastic bag of water was written by someone who had to sit next to someone on an airplane who got a pandemic puppy and brought the now-enormous dog on the airplane as an emotional support animal?
I dunno. 
Charles' reasoning is:

• I know, President McKinley, Joy took everything. Except you and me. The guys with the attitude problems. But we'll be fine. We have each other.

3 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

I felt metaphorically punched on behalf of Mabel at that point. 
That's not an insult easily forgiven, if at all forgivable. 
Mabel's apartment reno wasn't done in a day. 
And without her contributions to their successful podcast there would be no podcast.
It's a good thing Van Gogh's supportive brother Theo didn't treat him like that.

But Oliver’s snipe at Mabel serves to demonstrate the truism: The faults we find in others are most often our own.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

I was hoping we would get more of the group together but now they’ve ended at odds.    Only 4 episodes left?    In some ways, I feel like the story hasn’t even really started.   

At the beginning of the episode Mabel seemed happy that the 3 were all back to working together.  Well, that was short lived!

I'm with you that it seems like we have a lot to cover in only a few episodes.  Hopefully things will move more quickly in those 4 episodes or else they might suddenly wrap up everything out of nowhere in the last episode.  I hate it when shows do that!

It was nice to have the trio together again, but then it all fell apart. Oliver's comment to Mabel was out of line, and he's letting his feeling for Loretta stop him from viewing her as a suspect. The handwriting on the note from the book and the "fucking pig" message did match but maybe it wasn't Loretta who wrote it. Oliver still has the cast sign-in sheet to compare. 

I never really thought Jonathan was the killer, but I'm glad it isn't him and he has a good explanation. But that heavy cocktail of drugs Ben was taking could have contributed to what happened to him on stage.

Guessing Mabel will start investigating/podcasting with Cinda and Tobert now.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

Same here. I expect they'll come to their senses at the end of the penultimate episode, when one or two of them need saving, after which they'll tell us/ each other what great friends they are and how good they are as a team, while barely having shown it all season.

11 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

1. To show how lonely and distraught he is

2. To have him do his comedy bit by almost killing the fish

Btw, are we meant to think Oliver cares about his "ghost" colleague's plight, as he didn't blow his cover? I mean, if he did, he could have offered better advice than "go ack to your ex", maybe even offered help.

Edited by ofmd
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, phalange said:

The handwriting on the note from the book and the "fucking pig" message did match but maybe it wasn't Loretta who wrote it.

Good point. Maybe it was Ben's brother, WhatsHisName.

28 minutes ago, ofmd said:

1. To show how lonely and distraught he is

2. To have him do his comedy bit by almost killing the fish

Yeah. Charles says the fish was used to seeing two people in the apt, but since Joy left, there was only one person, himself. But the main reason he brought the fish was so Steve Martin would have the hilarious *sarcasm* toilet flushing bit.

I was wondering if there was something significant about the fog machine. At first it seemed like the fog was not harmless since he was coughing, but then he wasn't coughing. So... I don't know what that was about other than "comedy." Anyway, it made me think it had affected Ben somehow. Were there any potential clues in that prop room?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ofmd said:

Btw, are we meant to think Oliver cares about his "ghost" colleague's plight, as he didn't blow his cover? I mean, if he did, he could have offered better advice than "go ack to your ex", maybe even offered help.

Upon re-watch, one thing I noticed was that prior to finding the "ghost," Oliver was calling Mabel and Charles to show them the matching handwriting to the note he found in Loretta's book. After he found the ghost and realized how close he had become to becoming just like him, he took the guy's advice to heart about thinking about what he really wanted and to fight for it. Despite learning that Loretta was violent. After that encounter, Oliver was all for deleting evidence. I think he was so frightened of becoming a "ghost" he went against his friends. 

Spoiler

Traditionally, the seventh episode of each season has been one of my favorites. The Boy from 6B, and Flipping the Pieces. Those have been Theo-centered, and that character's story is so compelling, I'm not sure why they haven't incorporated more of him into the show. At any rate, I'm really looking forward to next episode, after seeing the original trio break up this episode, just because it is usually the best episode of the season. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, phalange said:

I never really thought Jonathan was the killer, but I'm glad it isn't him and he has a good explanation. But that heavy cocktail of drugs Ben was taking could have contributed to what happened to him on stage.

Just a touch of meth-amphetamine!

It feels like a lot of us are suspicious of Tobert.

For a third season, breaking up the main team isn't unheard of. The fact that many of us don't like it means it's working. The framing of the play to drive it makes sense because Oliver may be on his last shot. 

I don't think Tobert is anything more than wanting to cash in on finding the murderer and being hot for Mabel. Given he left the camera rolling in the dressing room, I wouldn't be surprised if he's filling now with a smaller one pinned to his shirt or something. 

I'm looking forward to a lot of Cinda and Mabel interaction, but I don't think anyone here thinks that will be good for Mabel. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Andre LaPlume said:

Especially cruel when the first two seasons Oliver was constantly at risk of being evicted because he didn't have a real job and couldn't pay the rent.

Seems like they are leaving the real apartment building out of the show.  It was a character in the other two seasons.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This season is so disjointed to me that I forget that the series is a murder-mystery show. I watch each episode of kooky, eccentric people doing kooky eccentric things. Then I come here to read everyone's comments and am taken aback for a second when everyone is speculating on who could be a killer or a red herring. I consistently forget that someone died and that's the whole premise of the show. 

Has it been explained why they aren't doing the podcast? Even if Oliver is avoiding it at all costs because he's afraid of his show going under, can't the others work on it? They're clearly still doing their amateur investigating, so why not record while you're doing it?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

My thoughts on Ghost Light :

Dr. C gives Jonathan the "leading man cocktail" for his anxiety - a mix of beta blockers, Propecia, HGH and a dash of methamphetamine. He couldn't tell Howard about this because it's his dream to be an actor/a leading man. Like Kimber, Jonathan is no longer on the top of the suspect list. But they should remain in the list.

Ben was using the same drugs. Did he overdose on stage during the opening night? Since his blood work was clean, was there another Ben who went into the White Room and collapsed due to anxiety? Or did Dr. C pull some strings & get the tox report adjusted so he won't be losing his license? If the ME perform a comprehensive tox screen instead, will he/she find something in his system?

According to Jerry, Ben & Loretta were in fact rehearsing before they started fighting. Are we sure that's Ben who initiated it? Jerry describes Loretta as the braids with violent temper. What will happen when Loretta finds out about her missing scrapbook?

Oliver is quick to assume that Loretta wrote that message on the mirror. The Ps are similar but the F and N are different. I still think Ben wrote that.

Howard says KT's office was locked during the opening night while KT claims to never lock it. Howard also says he heard a noise. Was someone shredding something that night? We see KT shredding some papers. It's the first page of the Death Rattle script. The lines that she has highlighted are the stage directions. Why is she highlighting the lines from an old script? They're doing the musical version now.

KT also has rat poison in her office and they deliberately show Oliver holding the box. Poison-laced cookies for Ben?

Tobert has managed to smoothly thrust himself into Mabel's life and her investigation. His excuses of "following a lead" are getting lame but Mabel believes him. He is keeping close eyes on her like what he did with the baby elephant. Is he trying to steer Mabel away from the olds?

Come on, Tobert! Just take off your shirt and confess... 😆

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
35 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Oliver is quick to assume that Loretta wrote that message on the mirror. The Ps are similar but the F and N are different. I still think Ben wrote that.

They zoomed in on the F, and it looked the same to me. Oliver made a remark about how many ways people can write F; implying that there's few, intending to talk himself out of what he was thinking. 

I can buy Loretta wrote it, but I think she's another red herring. The show did enough work to establish that for me. 

They need to explain her scrapbook though. 

• Like 4

OK, I have no idea whodunit, but I never know who did anything I'm just here for the ride. 

Steve Martin's face/smile at the beginning of the episode as he smiles/grimaces at President McKinley was delightfully insane. Also, I kept thinking that McKinley was going to go into shock and die. The way he was carrying him around and plopping him places‐--I was surprised the president made it to the end of the ep. 

Also, since I don't worry about trying to figure out the murder I focus on other things. Mabel continues to bring the coats. Goodness does that woman have some great coats. But, what is going to happen to her?! They occasionally mention that she needs to figure out what she's doing next since she has to be out of her aunts apartment but where is the follow through! I worry! Maybe she should go work with Cinda, have a steady income and buy a small apartment in the Arconia (I'm assuming she'll get a deep discount for solving Bunny's murder).

Why is Oliver surprised by how much he doesn't know about the investigation? He doesn't want to know! And he said some incredibly cruel things to both Mabel and Charles. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Tobert has managed to smoothly thrust himself into Mabel's life and her investigation. His excuses of "following a lead" are getting lame but Mabel believes him. He is keeping close eyes on her like what he did with the baby elephant. Is he trying to steer Mabel away from the olds?

Come on, Tobert! Just take off your shirt and confess... 😆

Hah. Smooth phrasing, @Snazzy Daisy.

Ha! @shapeshifter beat me to it!

Also, thanks, Snazzy Daisy, for reminding me about KT's suspicious behavior and the fact that her office door was closed.  You really brought up all the supposed clues that were dropped.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1

But Oliver’s snipe at Mabel serves to demonstrate the truism: The faults we find in others are most often our own.

Short version: you spot it, you got it.

The three are past due to talk to the cop who rescued Mabel and Charles, and to read the autopsy report. If we knew whether or not Ben bit his tongue badly before his final fall, we'd know whether or not he faked his collapse on stage.

The meth in the meds and the clean tox screen combine to support the "twin" theory. I'd believe that Ben Two killed Ben One so that he could take over their shared life, and that someone else (a grief-stricken Dickie?) killed Ben Two -- but then, what happened to Ben One's body?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hiisa said:

But, what is going to happen to her?! They occasionally mention that she needs to figure out what she's doing next since she has to be out of her aunts apartment but where is the follow through! I worry! Maybe she should go work with Cinda, have a steady income and buy a small apartment in the Arconia (I'm assuming she'll get a deep discount for solving Bunny's murder).

Ugh. I hope not. Tina Fey is playing Cinda Canning in such a way that gives me the creeps. If not KT, how about Cinda as the killer?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Howard says KT's office was locked during the opening night while KT claims to never lock it. Howard also says he heard a noise. Was someone shredding something that night? We see KT shredding some papers. It's the first page of the Death Rattle script. The lines that she has highlighted are the stage directions. Why is she highlighting the lines from an old script? They're doing the musical version now.

KT also has rat poison in her office and they deliberately show Oliver holding the box. Poison-laced cookies for Ben?

Re: highlighting lines from an old script - did we see her actually highlighting? They could be old highlighted scripts that she is now shredding because they aren't needed?

Re: the rat poison - it's classically warfarin or other blood thinners. I don't know if any of these would show up on standard post-mortem bloodwork, though, but would explain the bleeding.

I hate fish. They creep me out, I can't even look at them without shuddering. Charles bringing President McKinley around with him was hard to watch. I had several bad experiences with fish as a child - the earliest was when we first tried to have goldfish as pets, and my parents didn't know you need to de-chlorinate the water. We lost several goldfish to chlorine poisoning (which is an awful way to die) before giving up, and only learned several years later when watching a video on how to set up our new tropical fish tank.

Charles didn't dechlorinate the toilet water. It's not enough that I had to deal with the fish on screen so much this episode, but now I get to know that it will also die a slow painful death.

• Hugs 3
2 hours ago, secnarf said:

I had several bad experiences with fish as a child - the earliest was when we first tried to have goldfish as pets, and my parents didn't know you need to de-chlorinate the water. We lost several goldfish to chlorine poisoning (which is an awful way to die) before giving up, and only learned several years later when watching a video on how to set up our new tropical fish tank.

Charles didn't dechlorinate the toilet water. It's not enough that I had to deal with the fish on screen so much this episode, but now I get to know that it will also die a slow painful death.

I got into cleaning when I was in high school, and my sister didn't realize I had just cleaned the bathroom sink with Comet when she put her goldfish in the sink while cleaning their aquarium/gold fish bowl. 
Yes. I confess. I am the murderer of gold fish.
But it was an accident. 

So I was similarly freaked out about Charles dumping POTUS McKinley in the toilet water tank, but at least it wouldn't have been scoured with bleach-y cleanser. 
And likely the toilet bowl in that rat trap of a place hadn't either. 

Plus, isn't NYC water known for being the best, purest, drinking tap water anywhere? 
Although Mount Shasta was pretty great too.

• Like 1

The highlighting comment is interesting because during the first read-thru, Loretta messed up because she hadn't highlighted one of her lines. Just a call back to that first episode. 

I mean, I know that actors do that with their scripts to more easily find their lines, and I imagine a stage director is highlighting stage directions, for lighting cues, etc.  But interesting nonetheless. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Plus, isn't NYC water known for being the best, purest, drinking tap water anywhere? 

Both Elementary & Die Hard 3 refer to the giant Aqueduct [not the racetrack] that transports clean drinking water from the Catskills to NYC

• Like 2

I loved the scene with Howard and KT on-stage, but I was so worried that she would laugh at him at the end and say his mother was right about his voice.  Phew!  I'm so glad it was cathartic for both of them.

I hate the trio broken up.  I had high hopes for this season but my interest is waning.  I think I'll go rewatch season 1 again.

• Like 3