Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: The Last Supper Part Two: Entree [Season Finale]

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, AllyB said:

I wonder if Aidan's older kids are really pissed with Wyatt. They came so close to having their own rooms in an amazing apartment in an upscale Manhattan neighborhood until their little brother ruined it all! They'll resent him for life. 

Naw, they have their own lives apart from their parents, obviously.  A well-off family with loose parental guidance for the 17 & 20 year olds.  An often absent mom, the big farmhouse, probably their own cars, ATV's, school stuff, sports teams, friends, college, etc.

The LAST thing those 2 oldest would want to do is uproot to NYC for some old lady their dad is hooking up with.  Live in some snooty apartment where they can't put their feet on the sofa & have to walk or take public transportation.  Not likely. The ONLY one who "needs" Aiden is the brat.  

Next season Aiden can disappear.  Che can disappear.  Giuseppe can disappear.  Lisette can disappear.  NONE of them are needed. 

The rest can stay.  Miranda & Nya can get a bigger apartment together and platonically share enough space for BOTH of them as they both learn to be single AND successful.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder how all the Aidan fans are going to feel about what he did here.  I was never a fan of his and thought he could be manipulative, but even I think this is over the top for him.  Stupid writing.  

Aidan fan here, tho not necessarily an aidan/carrie fan. Or maybe I'm just a John Corbett fan. I think MPK and the writers ruined him with the final scene. Yep, stupid writing indeed. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Wyatt obviously has needs that aren't being met, and speaking from experience, if those needs aren't addressed, he's going to have a lifetime of issues. Young children and adult children need supportive parents.

Sure, but that doesn't mean putting your life on hold to focus 24/7 on your teenager because he did a dumbass thing and got hurt.  Parents can be supportive and still have their own life.  In fact, that sounds healthier to me than letting your teenager call the shots.  

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone else notice John Corbett has no underarm hair?

Hahaha!  Coffee on my keyboard!  And now I am going to have to go back and look because I was too surprised to see SJP do a nude scene. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I absolutely agree that the character of Carrie is selfish, shallow, and surprisingly lacking in self-awareness at key moments.

But I must defend SJP as an actress: She is amazing. She conjures empathy from places I can't pinpoint, and I always, always believe her, even when the laugh lines are clunkers (often). She has the insight/skill as an actress to look dumbfounded when caught in her selfishness--aren't we all always surprised at first to discover how selfish we've been? She is truly talented, and I will always be grateful for those moments--too few--when the writing on this show was equal to her gifts.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean putting your life on hold to focus 24/7 on your teenager because he did a dumbass thing and got hurt.  Parents can be supportive and still have their own life.  In fact, that sounds healthier to me than letting your teenager call the shots.

I didn't say anything about parents putting their lives on hold. I implied that parents should address their children's issues as they arise. Kids don't go from 0 (being a "normal" kid) to 100 (hitchhiking 30 miles and driving drunk at 14) without there being warning signs. We saw Wyatt trying to get Aiden's attention via phone multiple times, and Aiden mostly shrugged it off. Since Aiden's ex-wife is only partially available, there's already a hole in his kids' lives.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 8/24/2023 at 7:19 PM, libgirl2 said:

I saw that movie and I remember her!!

And the beginning music was Best of My Love, which started the long opening shot in Boogie Nightsi, with Nicole Ari Parker as (whispering) Becky Barnett!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
On 8/25/2023 at 9:15 AM, SnapHappy said:

The old feminist phrase "A woman Needs a Man Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle" comes back to me every time I hear somebody like Nya bleating about not having a MAN to share things with.  So many won't give you the validation you need for your accomplishments, honey.  Find folks that will.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Yaaaaassssss!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

And while I like Seema and her director together in theory, I too don't completely trust him.  Maybe it's me but they don't really know each other well enough yet for there to be that kind of trust.  Making Seema look like she's the one with the trust issues is in my opinion unfair.  So far he's all talk but what's to back it up?  She really doesn't know if she can trust him yet.  Trust needs to be earned.  I don't understand the compulsion to act as if someone has "trust issues" when they're so new in a relationship with someone that then goes away for 5 months, especially a good looking, well-known director.  I'd be a little insecure about that too.

🎯 I feel the same way. Seema and Ravi haven't been together that long. I would expect her to have issues with trusting him. He's a Hollywood director. I'd be cautious. 

• Like 6

Waiting for MPK and SJP to give an interview to the press about how Carrie finally removed her bra after six seasons and two movies because she and Aidan are totally in WUV and he is completely breaking down her inhibitions.

Except, no.  You can try to sell me on this all you want, show, but they are not endgame.  Certainly not a “wait five years” endgame.  Which, I am *begging* this show not to do a flash-forward time-jump.  It was cool when ‘Alias’ did it and then become subsequently less cool when every other show did it.  (Like, why, ‘Desperate Housewives,’ why?)

Twitter seems to think that Che is confirmed for season three, which, again, why?  They’re no longer with Miranda, I guess Carrie seems to think they’re BFFs now, but, really?

This show is like the old Twitter joke about ‘Game of Thrones’ - there’s 140 characters and I have no idea what’s going on.  

Keep: LTW, Seema, Lisette. Boot: Nya and Che.

I still maintain that if the show really wanted to thrive they should’ve switched things up and had the new cast be the new cast with the SATC cast making cameos and guest appearances.

I think focusing on so many characters has really hurt the writing.  The original show did an excellent job of giving an over-arching theme and individual stories to each of the four gals each week, but I think it’s impossible to try to pull that same trick with double the amount of characters.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I think focusing on so many characters has really hurt the writing.  The original show did an excellent job of giving an over-arching theme and individual stories to each of the four gals each week, but I think it’s impossible to try to pull that same trick with double the amount of characters.

And particularly characters that have been introduced artificially, as a sort of rebuttal to criticisms of the original show, which was a show of its time. It would be like having every single ep in a SATC series incorporating Bitsy von Mufling, which I would very much have preferred over the new cast that AJLT has showhorned in, forcing little story lines and vignettes and reducing the main cast to similar little story lines and vignettes. There is no through line in either season of AJLT, other than Carrie is grieving, and then Carrie is dating again; Miranda has been taken over by an alien, oh, no she's sort of back to herself again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I for one am still trying to figure out how Carrie invited Jackie to her dinner and did not ask him to dress up a bit, the granny square hat, greasy hair, tee shirt and shorts...nope, not at my table, he never looks clean. I did notice that he did not have any intestinal distress at dinner like he did at breakfast with Carrie, thankfully.

I hated LTW's dress and wig.

I am still on the fence about Carrie's dinner party Judy Jetson's dress.

Jewelry girl is supposed to be like Carrie was back in the day like the next generation of that apartment but why did Carrie leave her bras, (they were just hanging there for the guests to see on their way to the bathroom?).

Miranda's off the cuff BBC interview was really good but I had no idea what her mission statement or the subject was, were we meant to?

Aiden asking her to wait five years was probably the most ridiculous thing ever for two people in their mid 50's, this will never set Carrie free to date or want a relationship with someone she might meet along the way...she will always have that time line in her head and might pass up a good thing because she is waiting for Aiden, just my prediction.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I still maintain that if the show really wanted to thrive they should’ve switched things up and had the new cast be the new cast with the SATC cast making cameos and guest appearances.

I thought this was supposed to be the premise of this series and that’s why it was And Just Like That and not the next season of Sex and The City 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I thought this was supposed to be the premise of this series and that’s why it was And Just Like That and not the next season of Sex and The City

I don't think those shows usually work very well do they? BH90210 comes to mind and all the new cast sucked and anyone I know who watched it, literally just watched the Kelly and Brenda scenes. And they were terrible as they retconned a lot of the original events. The nearest thing I can think of like that, which works is Karate Kid to Cobra Kai but the original protagonists are still the main protagonists, with a mostly likeable bunch of kids actively under their tutelage.  The main reason CK works is because the writers clearly have a lot of respect for the originals and have really gotten under the skins of Johnny and Daniel and developed them in ways that are true to the original characters. They never sideline them as silly old past it people, even if they are occasionally out of their depth with modern social mores. The new kids are never cool just because they are young. I think an AJLT where the og characters were shown in minor roles supporting a new batch of younger women would have been even worse than what we have. The og cast would have been even more constantly humiliated as out of touch. Because MPK doesn't respect the originals and has no grasp of who they were as characters. 

Edited by AllyB
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3

I had no problem with the idea of seeing the SATC characters and their lives in their 50s. I also liked the idea of expanding the universe with their current friends/co-workers etc rather than a new guy every week like it was when Carrie wasn’t with Big in Seasons 1-4. 

I even didn’t mind seeing John Corbett again because I know he and SJP are friends and they have a great chemistry. 

But this was all EXECUTED poorly. You can’t introduce new characters and give them nonsensical storylines. LTW and Nya fit well because they are organic parts of Charlotte and Miranda’s lives. Seema is a good addition to represent an older woman with no partner/children to keep Carrie company when the other characters are occupied, but you still have to write for them and give them plots that make sense!!

With Che’s love of animals you could’ve had them working with Charlotte on a pet adoption initiative, Miranda living with Nya while waiting for a new apartment made sense, Carrie making a friend with Lisette and inviting Seema made sense, but make it funny and interesting. I’d rather have that than non sensical plots with Aidan and Carrie in hotels/Che’s apartment.  

• Like 6

@Scarlett45 100% most of what we saw on AJLT was poorly executed.   Mostly because it seemed like the storylines were being written for characters who just happened to be named Carrie Charlotte and Miranda and not the Carrie Charlotte and Miranda from SATC. There were so many missed opportunities. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2023 at 11:57 PM, Asp Burger said:

Seriously. Those three aren't even a Glass Tiger reunion with Stacey Q as the opening act.

Don’t you dare talk about Glass Tiger like that! Lol

i made out with Alan in like 1988 after a concert in Indiana.

Find some other band to diss! !!! 😘😂

• LOL 7

None of this is going to matter to the typists, especially not MPK. 

Seriously, wouldn't you think these episodes were written AFTER the writers strike, by some scab Midwest elementary-school English teachers and MPK's grandma, gathered together at the last minute? 

Sadly, people will watch. WE will watch.  They will have their little conclaves, discussing the next storylines and laughing at the torture they're going to put the poor saps that watch through. (That's us).  Deliberate and laser-focused on pissing off as much of the audience as possible.  Because there's nothing we can do about it. 

Because we ARE saps.  And will watch.

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

None of this is going to matter to the typists, especially not MPK. 

Seriously, wouldn't you think these episodes were written AFTER the writers strike, by some scab Midwest elementary-school English teachers and MPK's grandma, gathered together at the last minute? 

Sadly, people will watch. WE will watch.  They will have their little conclaves, discussing the next storylines and laughing at the torture they're going to put the poor saps that watch through. (That's us).  Deliberate and laser-focused on pissing off as much of the audience as possible.  Because there's nothing we can do about it. 

Because we ARE saps.  And will watch.

Actually, I think Midwest elementary school English teachers & MPK's grandma would have done a far better job writing these episodes & been more faithful to the original spirit of SATC than these "typists." Perhaps they should have been brought in before the second season of AJLT when it was already clear that the focus, sharp writing & humor that many of us enjoyed in SATC wasn't going to be duplicated.   

I was actually disappointed that AJLT was renewed.  Because I don't think I can watch any more of this tripe.  This final episode - with an insane 5-year "no visitation" period begged belief.  Even prisoners are allowed visits - some, even conjugal visits.  But no, Lurch didn't want Carrie to so much as to step another foot in his home until his child was 19.  And this was perfectly fine with Carrie who gave him a send-off snog.

Miranda, with her Bozo the clown level red hair (because g-d forbid it should be gray & she'd look old!) suddenly going, in a couple of months, from intern to impromptu representation of the organization at BBC appearances. Charlotte, after the kids are already teens, is FIRST telling Harry to step it up?  But not getting her kids to pitch in - and keeping less, not more, of an eye, on kids who are obviously going through stuff & need some direction. 

Could teachers & a grandma actually do worse???  I don't think so.  MPK & typists knew how bad season 1 was - tried to do a course correct & failed.  A 3rd season should not be permitted.  They're just not up to it. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 8/25/2023 at 12:57 AM, Asp Burger said:

Seriously. Those three aren't even a Glass Tiger reunion with Stacey Q as the opening act.

This is hilarious! Takes me back to my high school days...ahhh the memories. But spot on. I don't dislike Jackie, but he's a forgettable character--meaning I usually forget he's on the show until he pops up every so many episodes reminding me. 🫤

• Like 2
18 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Seriously, wouldn't you think these episodes were written AFTER the writers strike,

Speaking of the writer's strike. Should MPK be giving interviews promoting AJLT?  Isn't that like crossing the picket line?

• Like 3

Is it me, or is the character of Che and the treatment of Steve, a huge FU, "you can't tell me what to do," hissy fit by MPK in regards to fans voicing their opinions? Taking Che's non binary status and sexuality out of this, because it has ZERO to do with how I feel about this character. A majority of fans disliked Che from the jump, and Steve was always a sweet character, and along with Harry were (for the most part), considered somewhat untouchable in that they were the two males on the run of this show, that gave hope that there were decent men out there, and they didn't have to look like Big, who was their complete opposite and an asshole (ask me how much time I spent mourning that character's passing. Is two seconds too long?). Steve and Harry were the two men who put up with the main four's quirks and selfish tendencies and loved them ALL anyway. I also stash Aidan in their box as a nice guy but I understand that he's not so untouchable, especially if you happen to think that Big was Carrie's soul mate, something I could never wrap my brain around. Smith was also a classic good guy, but you understood that he was much younger than Samantha and needed to forge his own path, as far as his career starting out. His character wasn't trashed to facilitate the break up. The viewer understood the circumstances. 

Back to Che. From the first episode that they appeared, Che was abrasive, self centered, obnoxious and selfish. Sex scene in the kitchen while Carrie's ass was falling out of bed? Che didn't give a shit. And they turned Miranda, a formerly strong, opinionated, well respected character, who could be counted on to be the voice of reason when one of the other three went off the rails, into a whining, simpering wimp that followed Che around like a teenager who had  never had an orgasm before. Which is ridiculous, considering the early seasons when the girls asked Miranda what she saw in the broke bartender who lived in a shithole and didn't own a suit, couldn't even describe the sex, because it was supposedly THAT GREAT. "There are no words..." was what Miranda said, with a smile of pleasure. It's sickening, especially from the point of someone (me) who was always considered "the Miranda" of her close friend group, what MPK did to Miranda to prop up Che. It was downright infuriating to see what he did to Steve, to prop up Che, a character with no real redeeming qualities, that I could see. They even treated their supposed friends like shit, and no scenes with cute puppies and kitties, actually changes that fact, even though I find Che to be less annoying once they hit rock bottom and had to scarf down some humble pie. This has nothing to do with Sara Ramirez, who I was a big fan of when they were on Grey's (except for the musical episode. Let's not even talk about that). It's not the actor, it's the character. But, MPK seems so hell bent on "how daring" us for not liking them, that Che is put at the head of the table, where Carrie's older friends should be. Steve isn't even invited, despite how many years of friendship? And Miranda has to feel badly about how she treated SKIPPER back in Season one or two? Not Steve? WHAT THE ACTUAL....

No MPK. Che is not disliked because we are intolerant of a non-binary character. They are not disliked because we'd rather see Miranda as straight and married to Steve. The end of the marriage could have been done without trashing him. You pulled it off when Steve cheated. Even though he cheated, he was still a somewhat decent guy that fucked up. Nice guys and girls fuck up. We all know this. If you wanted Miranda to question her sexuality and mirror the life of the actress that portrays her more realistically, you could have done it differently and still been true to the characters of Miranda and Steve, and the fans that liked them so much. It's not intolerance for Che, or Miranda's sexuality. The BBC lady and Miranda are quite nice. I hope that is fleshed out more next season. But you decided to take a "you don't like my new character? Fuck you all. I'll show your opinionated asses." And the temper tantrum shows. It isn't a good look. 

IMO, of course. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Like 6
  • Applause 8

When they were showing the final montage and Che was in their apartment and looked over, for a split second I thought they were going to show Lisette. I would have screamed a Charlotte "NO!!" if that had happened. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
On 8/26/2023 at 9:20 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

My thoughts on Aiden telling Carrie that he needs to focus on Wyatt till he is 18 years old...if Wyatt truly has some mental issues how does Aiden put a time frame on it, what about all the mental health issues 18 year olds have, Aiden thinks those issues will magically disappear on the kids 18th birthday?

Apparently not, because he is putting the relationship on hold until Wyatt is 20, or "out of his teens" as if 20 is the magic number.  And then he says that his current 20 year-old needs him around most of the time?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Is it me, or is the character of Che and the treatment of Steve, a huge FU, "you can't tell me what to do," hissy fit by MPK in regards to fans voicing their opinions?

I would be wary of trying to read the minds of exec producers or writers when it comes to plot points on the show.  My thought is always for all the people who write in to share a positive or negative opinion, there are probably an equal number who don't feel as strongly and do not write in.  My only point being is that I don't think anyone on the producing or writing side is trying to get back at anyone with various moments on the show. 

I do think Che works much better as friend to Carrie than love interest to Miranda.  I view this season as kind of righting the ship on some of the issues of the first season.  The new friends are more integrated, and while I don't think they are needed in every episode, I don't mind them. 

I hated LTW's dress and wig.

I like how colorful her dress was, but it did feel somewhat impractical for the occasion.  It's a lot of dress for such a small space. 

• Like 5

I confess that  Che is my first exposure to a non-binary character on TV.  And if MPK is trying to show that a non-binary person is the same as any other character on the show he's completely missed the mark as far as I'm concerned.  Unless the point was to show us that unlikable assholes come in all different packages, then okay, mission accomplished. 

While of course there is room on this show for a non-binary character, I don't see room for such a disrespectful person of any stripe in this friend group.  Besides all the examples of their displays of selfish disrespect already discussed, Che couldn't even bother to wear more than a t-shirt and jeans to Carrie's fancy dinner party. The same look she wears every day.   Everyone else (except Jackie who, whatever) took the time to clean up and looked great!  Che  just doesn't work, not because of their gender orientation but because they suck. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Che couldn't even bother to wear more than a t-shirt and jeans to Carrie's fancy dinner party.

Not for nothing, but Che's jacket (worn to the dinner) was a nearly $3,000.00 Gucci piece. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I thought Che looked the same as they always look 😳.

Even Jackie's hat was nearly $500.00!  I use WornOnTV to look up costs for the outfits the characters are wearing.  I can't even imagine the wardrobe budget on this show.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I do think Che works much better as friend to Carrie than love interest to Miranda. 

As I posted before, I can't imagine how Carrie and Che would be friends. They ( using the word in its original sense of more than one person) have less than nothing in common.  I feel Che worked better as Miranda's first lesbian experience. Che is the equivalent of the "bad boy " that some women become attached to despite how badly the women are treated.  Or the abusive  relationship that some women keep going back to. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Not for nothing, but Che's jacket (worn to the dinner) was a nearly $3,000.00 Gucci piece. 

Sure that's believable, Che giving a rats ass about fashion. How do vet techs make these days, lol.

Please don't tell me Jackie's schmatas were Balenciaga, lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

10 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Even Jackie's hat was nearly $500.00! 

59 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sure that's believable, Che giving a rats ass about fashion. How do vet techs make these days, lol.

I guess we are supposed to believe Che bought the jacket with pilot money. But would Jackie spend that much on a hat?  

I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief when it comes to fashion and the cost and just enjoy it and that is easier to do on AJLT than it was SATC. But there are still WTF moments. 

• Like 3
On 8/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, luna1122again said:

I imagine Shoe is at Lisette's, or that Che or Lisette are checking in on her. Or a pet service. I refuse to believe any harm is going to come to that gorgeous little floof. 

I find myself being a Carrie apologist here, tho I absolutely think she's self centered and self absorbed. But I can think of plenty of other instances where Carrie showed up for her friends. She went with Miranda for her abortion appointment. She went to her place, armed  with Oreos, in the middle of the might when Miranda thought she was hearing ghosts in the apartment above. When Samantha had the flu, she went over and made Sam's mom's gross remedy of orange soda and cough syrup for her. When Charlotte was freaking out on her wedding day, she told her she'd get them a cab and get the hell out of there if Charlotte had changed her mind. 

These are just off the top of my head, and maybe they're all what any friend could be expected to do, but she did them. I just don't hate Carrie, never did, and actually like her most of the time in this incarnation. 

I still can't figure out her and Aidan's ending tho. Wtf was MPK thinking? How does anyone believe that was "not a fail" for both Carrie and Aidan?

The scene at Miranda's mom's funeral makes me choke up so hard. And then when you see Steve and Aidan there, the floodgates open.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
On 8/24/2023 at 8:43 PM, Surrealist said:

Aidan bugs the shit out of me. He's been obsessed with Carrie all these years, despite marrying another woman and having three sons with her. Weird.

Exactly - and then to say "yeah - we have to wait 5 years..."  really?  You can't Zoom daily?  You can't visit once a month?  I think someone else said "that kid needs therapy!"  Heck yes, that kid needs therapy, not dad not having a no relationship for 5 years?   soooooooo weird and lame.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Agree - that's just so weird.  Talk about adding to your kids already dependent relationship.  More therapy!

Edited by hatchetgirl
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Exactly - and then to say "yeah - we have to wait 5 years..."  really?  You can't Zoom daily?  You can't visit once a month?  I think someone else said "that kid needs therapy!"  Heck yes, that kid needs therapy, not dad not having a no relationship for 5 years?   soooooooo weird and lame.

Agree - that's just so weird.  Talk about adding to your kids already dependent relationship.  More therapy!

The 5 years was the writers easy out. They could have continued the relationship. Kid needs therapy. 

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The 5 years was the writers easy out. They could have continued the relationship. Kid needs therapy. 

This makes me wonder, do they think this show will be still be filming in five years? I know I won't be watching for the return of Carrie and Aiden Part 4.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

The 5 years was the writers easy out.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This makes me wonder, do they think this show will be still be filming in five years? I know I won't be watching for the return of Carrie and Aiden Part 4.

That was my first thought.  Is this MPK's way of trying to manipulate Max into giving them five more seasons?  And yes it is the easy way out.  It could come back with a flash forward.  It could come back with Aidan changing his mind.  Or Carrie being as someone mentioned earlier a war widow patiently waiting for her man to return from battle.  

Who the fuck knows what MPK is going for.  I don't trust him to write a good story. Period.  All he has done is make all of us talk about it which was probably his objective.  When it does come back and who knows when that will be because of the dual strikes are we going to have to hear about Aidan till five years is up or are they going to act like that didn't happen.  

And the biggest question of all is why do I care?

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 5
On 8/25/2023 at 10:11 PM, Yeah No said:

Perhaps this 5 year BS is Aidan's way of putting on the brakes until he figures out whether it's real or Memorex (dating myself there, LOL), or maybe it really was a kiss-off in a lame disguise to soften the blow. 

Or maybe he just didn't have a Post-It handy.

• LOL 10

On 8/24/2023 at 2:01 PM, libgirl2 said:

5 years is an awful lot of time to wait for someone to be available. Of course, this will never happen. 

I don't know when the series was renewed so I've ended up thinking that MPK wrote this so that IF it was not, this is the series finale. And if so I'm totally ok with that (have wished it would be) and I'm ready to say goodbye and remember Carrie and Seema enjoying cocktails on the beach. 

Also, as some have said, there's the possibility of a time jump 5 years forward, or nearly five years, or three so that Wyatt is 18 and joins the military after high school or something. With the strikes who knows how long it will be before they can get the third season filmed and scheduled for broadcast? It really could take 3 years.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:46 PM, slowpoked said:

Good to see Samantha, although I did not like that they still wrote her to be someone who would do everything for Carrie. Still all about selfish Carrie, but good for Kim to not have been in the same breathing space as SJP. And funny callback to Anabelle Bronstein - I had just recently seen that episode on E!

Thanks for reminding us who "Anabelle Bronstein" was! I hadn't had time to look it up. That was actually a good/funny callback on the writers' part.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:01 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Yes!

And lots of comments about how good they look for 60 year-olds.

But they'd have to age Rock, Lily and Brady.  Especially Rock.

Again as others have said, 3-5 years ahead means age 60 or older for our original main characters. They can still dress beautifully and have ups and downs in their relationships, of course. They can be in jobs they love or jobs they are ready to move on from. Carrie can be doing something interesting with her life AND dating.

The "kids" will be graduating high school or college and off doing their own things. Get the focus back on the original gals and let the parents be empty-nesters. (LTW and family need their own spinoff. They have so little to do on AJLT.)

But speaking from experience being over 60 is a different world for women, and not one that the current typists (led by MPK) can write well enough to make me watch. Hate-watch in order to snark, possibly, but really I've already endured these two seasons so I won't be signing up to MAX just to watch this show weekly ever again. Canceling today and will wait until something well-written and acted that I actually enjoy (such as "Our Flag Means Death") returns.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:26 AM, EllenB said:

One of the many things that irritates me about Carrie is that for someone who (allegedly) is a writer, she's incredibly ignorant of anything beyond shoes and screws. I've always wondered if she even knows who her elected representatives are, or if she is aware of anything happening in the big wide world (besides fashion). How can a normal person have a conversation with someone like that?

Remember when she dated her city councilman (played by John Slattery)? I think she admitted to him that she didn't even know where her polling place was. She can be so ignorant.

Edited by RedHawk
Grammar
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Remember when she dated her city councilman (played by John Slattery)? I think she admitted to him that she didn't even know where her polling place was. She can be so ignorant.

And the writers expect us to give her pass.  Like she has better things to be focused on.  I found her disinterest in mostly anything not related to her annoying when she was in her 30s but now in her 50s it's beyond annoying.  This is a very rich woman who could do good things with just a little bit of her money and all we see her doing is spending her money or giving some of it to another rich woman.  For a show that seems to want to be the wokest of the woke they are really missing the mark with Carrie.  

• Like 4

So my thoughts on the Aidan breakup. This is how I'm going to spin it for myself and call this series (not just this season) done.

Carrie was surprised but ok with Aidan's breakup rationale because between Aidan's visits she had realized she wasn't "all in" on dealing with Wyatt's issues, and maybe with Aidan. She suspected that Aidan wasn't ready for a relationship with her after all due to subconscious issues from their past as well as that they were both years older and on different life tracks (as they always had been). The incompatibility reared its ugly head once again. He's Country Lurch, she's City Carrie. 

As she saw him back away she was right, they really were "back here again". She had her life in NYC and he had his in Virginia, including a troubled and needy teenage son. It was never going to be all of them gathered around the fireplace in her 4BR city showplace sipping hot chocolate and decorating the Christmas tree.

His "I need to be there 24/7/365 for Wyatt so we can't see each other for 5 years" was real for him (however ridiculous and unhealthy it would be IRL) but at the same time a big OUT for both of them. A "noble" one she could accept and share with her friends. 

So she simply accepted his rationale and let him go. The farewell sex was a sweet thing because each secretly knew it was their goodbye.

Then off she goes with Seema to the Greek islands for cosmos and fun. Big is gone, Aidan is gone, her youth as a girl in the city is gone, but friendship and Life goes on.

Like I said, that's how I'm spinning it for myself because the drivel as it was shown to me is just not acceptable. 

Edited by RedHawk
Wording
  • Like 7
On 8/28/2023 at 10:13 PM, txhorns79 said:

Even Jackie's hat was nearly $500.00!  I use WornOnTV to look up costs for the outfits the characters are wearing.  I can't even imagine the wardrobe budget on this show.   

I figured Jackie made that hat himself.

When he was stoned. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 7
On 8/25/2023 at 8:32 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I liked that Miranda went to see Steve, their exchange was civil and heartfelt but then they get photo bombed by Napolean Dynamite.

Ha! Yes, that’s who Brady is!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, Penman61 said:

I absolutely agree that the character of Carrie is selfish, shallow, and surprisingly lacking in self-awareness at key moments.

But I must defend SJP as an actress: She is amazing.

I agree; I really like SJP, and the fact she’s been married to Ferris Beuller for many years just makes her even more likeable. Plus, apparently she adopted the cat that plays Shoe, so Shoe will definitely be there next season since the two are a couple, onscreen and off.

Interesting that SJP did a nude scene finally. I mean, why now? I don’t care, and I really think it’s dumb when people are just finished having amazing sex and the woman still has a bra on, but I wonder why SJP decided now was the time. Maybe making a statement about older women being sexy?

On 8/28/2023 at 10:02 PM, txhorns79 said:

Che's jacket (worn to the dinner) was a nearly $3,000.00 Gucci piece. 

That’s crazy. I’ll never understand paying designer prices for something that looks the same as something you can pick up at the mall for a fraction of the price. And I thought Che was broke? Where would they get a designer jacket?

Not sure why so many dislike Lisette, can someone explain why?

I really enjoyed Charlotte’s arc this season. She did need to find something for herself, and I’m glad she didn’t cave when her pouty demanding children kicked up a fuss. When she’s around, they want her to go away; so she goes away, and they want her around. Damn kids.

The Samantha cameo was pointless. Kim Cattrall should put on her big girl pants and show up in person, or they should just ignore the character. I figure if everyone else on the cast/crew still can work together, but KC can’t even be in the same room as them, who’s the problem? If SJP was so terrible, then why are the rest of the cast still there? Samantha was a great character and has the best one-liners of the series, but she could be fawning and mincy and judgy too. 

If the writers/SAG strikes keep going, the 5-year time jump might happen naturally. 

Overall, I don’t hate-watch this, I enjoy seeing favourite characters in a world that is completely foreign to me (all that fashion and wealth and shallowness). But it’s fun. They need to cull the herd a bit, and give Carrie a whole new love interest. I’d like to suggest Jon Hamm; he’s a cross between Big and Aiden, but an actual new and different person. As an actor, he’s hot and funny, so an asset to the show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Shermie said:

But it’s fun. They need to cull the herd a bit, and give Carrie a whole new love interest. I’d like to suggest Jon Hamm; he’s a cross between Big and Aiden, but an actual new and different person. As an actor, he’s hot and funny, so an asset to the show.

Love that idea!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2023 at 6:52 PM, Shermie said:

Not sure why so many dislike Lisette, can someone explain why?

The Samantha cameo was pointless. Kim Cattrall should put on her big girl pants and show up in person, or they should just ignore the character. I figure if everyone else on the cast/crew still can work together, but KC can’t even be in the same room as them, who’s the problem? If SJP was so terrible, then why are the rest of the cast still there? Samantha was a great character and has the best one-liners of the series, but she could be fawning and mincy and judgy too. 

i like Lisette too, it's liking seeing new-to-the-city Carrie.

Fully agree. I love both Samantha and Carrie and I want them both. I have no idea what supposedly happened between them but I've never heard anything but nice things about SJP.

• Like 4