Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was cringing at Faith's sobbing, sorry.   The desperation for some of these ladies (not necessarily Faith, but others) to find another guy and the devastation that it wasn't Gerry--but thanking him for making them feel visible again--saddens and maddens me. It says something about our society today, IMHO.

Edited by adhoc
  • Like 19
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

IMPULSE CONTROL, GERRY.

Don't tell him it's okay. Did he marry his high school sweetheart? That would explain why he never learned romantic reticence.

I am opening up a can of worms here but did anybody else hear the gossip about Gerry (don't know if it true) that was on Nick Viall's (former Bachelor) podcast? It made it sound like Gerry does not have impulse control.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
39 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

As a standard practice on this site, East coasters do a live chat during she show without having to spoiler tag because it’s not a spoiler once it’s aired. If you don’t want to know what’s happening on the show, you should avoid the thread until you watch it.

I'm in PA, but thanks for the advice. FTR, I responded about a post that used the words "feel free to spoil [italics mine]." Not "chat," "spoil." 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
Just now, IdEatThat said:

What a bunch of bullshit that Faith feels the need to make it ok for him.  She’s too good for him.  And he never explained his reasoning for cutting her loose.  

He didn't and doesn't need to explain anything, other than he preferred another! 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, seasons said:

Does anyone know the reason why he met Leslie’s family at a restaurant instead of at one of the homes of the family members or her home? 

Even when you see them visit the families at home, it often is a rental place.  Sometimes people don’t want their homes filmed.  Sometimes their places may be too small or not fancy enough.   Lots of reasons, and we are never told. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I just hate the clip when Gerry says that he's never felt worse in his life, except for when his wife passed, and that having to  just pick one, is a close second.     Not his exact quote but that's the gist.  

Come on Gerry.      I think they were married 40 - some years?    That is real life.   

He has known these women for weeks?   Months?    

I know he said  he felt worse, losing his wife.   But he also said this was a close second.      This show is a game.   Entertainment.  If he finds true love, that is great but it seems to me he is diminishing his life with Toni but comparing her loss to this.   

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6

So, Leslie is F1 then?

This man told Faith I love you to in front of her family. He came up with some word salad to avoid answering if he is in love with Theresa. I'm convinced he kept Theresa to make the next week/s easier for him and more settled in his F1 decision. She's a pawn in Gerry's journey. Keeping Faith ran the risk of him having to make a more difficult choice.  

Faith can do better, no doubt about it. 

And I feel sorry for Theresa, because he is going to crush her. 

Loved seeing all of the other ladies back. I just want a show with them hanging out and dating/finding love. It's really sweet that they've formed some real friendships out of this experience. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I hate how they call this dating and breaking up.  Joan went on one date with him.  They weren’t dating and didn’t break up.  That’s like going on a date with a guy you meet online or through a friend and then decided it wasn’t going to work out.  That is not dating or a breakup.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Like 18
  • Applause 5
Just now, funnygirl said:

So, Leslie is F1 then?

This man told Faith I love you to in front of her family. He came up with some word salad to avoid answering if he is in love with Theresa. I'm convinced he kept Theresa to make the next week/s easier for him and more settled in his F1 decision. She's a pawn in Gerry's journey. Keeping Faith ran the risk of him having to make a more difficult choice.  

Faith can do better, no doubt about it. 

And I feel sorry for Theresa, because he is going to crush her. 

Loved seeing all of the other ladies back. I just want a show with them hanging out and dating/finding love. It's really sweet that they've formed some real friendships out of this experience. 

The preview also showed him telling Leslie, “I think you’re the one.” The way this show works with the editing, it’s making me think he’ll choose Theresa. But if so, he really has a lot to answer for leading these women on like this. I understand he’s getting caught up in the moment, but no wonder why he’s so emotionally devastated putting himself into this situation of his own creation.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Didn't Faith's family tell him that she has had  a lot of bad relationships? Maybe that scared him off. I seem to remember a scene in Sex and the City where Carrie was telling a therapist about all her bad relationships and the therapist said something like  "the common denominator in all the relationships was you."

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

He should "knock boots" (as Gerry called it) with Leslie in the Fantasy Suite and get it out of his system and then pick Theresa.

I'll show myself out again....

And he just might!

When does his family meet the final 2? It's usually the same episode as overnights, right? If so, I'm curious what his daughters opinions will be on Theresa and Leslie, who are vastly different, and if their assessments will change Gerry's mind..

Because, right now, all signs point to Leslie. Like it's too obvious. But maybe that's just how the story goes. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 4

I was team Faith and had to fast forward through the crying. I just can’t with that. Now I guess I’m Go Leslie. My husband (a reluctant watcher) just found out this doesn’t wrap for 3 weeks. “They can do that!?!” He said. His naïveté about reality TV is sweet. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
9 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I was team Faith and had to fast forward through the crying. I just can’t with that. Now I guess I’m Go Leslie. My husband (a reluctant watcher) just found out this doesn’t wrap for 3 weeks. “They can do that!?!” He said. His naïveté about reality TV is sweet. 

I know a few people have said there are three more episodes, but I totally missed that. I thought Jesse said next week is the dramatic finale.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Thank you ladies for the hugs and sympathy for my broken arm. It has been healed now, since mid/end of Sept and no, it never will be the same. The dr even confirmed that would be so, when I had my first appt after the fall. Thankfully no surgery was needed.

I am glad I already had one of those extended grabber arm things for getting things out of high up cupboards. It came in handy and will be used more often now heeheehee. 

I took a nap and woke up one half hr before the end of the WTA, so I will have to hulu it all later. I do understand Faiths tears. I probably would have kind of broke down like she did when reunited with him, no matter who was watching. Thats some real genuine response, much like it seems all the women had tonight (that I saw so far). Age and life will do that to you and pull all the facades off and away from you at this point and it sure feels good to be 100% real, once you reach that point where you drop all pretense and allow your full real personality to just be. Whether someone else approves or not. So very freeing! 

The ladies were great and I am sure they all made some real and life long new friendships with each other. For however life long will last for these golden girls. 

I was just as surprised as everyone else when he picked Theresa, but I do think she is his best bet in the long run. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4

I loved seeing all the women again. It's interesting, as you get older, you do feel a little like nobody sees you anymore.

What a great group of women, seriously. I think Gerry is very emotional, the younger guys get that way, but take after take, late nights, it takes a toll Hurt feelings

Faith is certainly not over him, bless her . I'm glad it has given some of the women, the oomph they needed to get back in the dating game.

I loved the bloopers

• Like 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

April had a decades long affair with Frankie Valli starting at 16 😬

https://nypost.com/2015/08/23/frankie-valli-took-me-at-16-and-used-me-in-decades-long-affair/

Very creepy, looks like she started with him at age 12?  Her and Kathy were the only two women who really bothered me on the show.  She seemed to give a very strange look when Joan? went up on stage tonight.

Edited by endure
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, adhoc said:

I was cringing at Faith's sobbing, sorry.   The desperation for some of these ladies (not necessarily Faith, but others) to find another guy and the devastation that it wasn't Gerry--but thanking him for making them feel visible again--saddens and maddens me. It says something about our society today, IMHO.

It is beyond annoying to me…. I can see it was a fun romp but really?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, jeez, all this crying!!! Okay, I think the producers had Gerry send her home to make Faith the Golden Bachelorette.

That’s what I was starting to think! Something about her whole segment made me think they were positioning her to be the choice. 

4 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I know a lot of people like Joan and think Edith is pretty but Susan has so much personality I wish they would make her the new Bachelorette

I second this! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, IdEatThat said:

What a bunch of bullshit that Faith feels the need to make it ok for him.  She’s too good for him.  And he never explained his reasoning for cutting her loose.  

He needed to be more accountable for leading her on but I get it’s a contest and there can only be one winner.  I really liked Faith and I understand how she was more hurt for her family.  I keep picturing her sweet grandson’s reaction to their kiss. 🩷

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I like Gerry less and less as the season progresses (and the women more and more). He walked in and said how much he missed all the women - that he himself had sent packing. Does he realize that he might have warmer feelings for them than they have for him at this point? Are we supposed to feel sorry for him that he feels so bad about breaking hearts; he does cry a lot!

It seemed like he really did a number on Ellen and Faith both; they are not yet over it. But most of the others are and did a nice job expressing how being on the show opened them up to embracing their lives in a more positive manner.

Re Leslie's hometown venue, I read that she lives in a small condo so they used a private club that her son belongs to (he is in the restaurant business).  So it might be a place they often use for family gettogethers.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Oh geesh, maybe I am too stubborn but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of all that sobbing over him if I was Faith.

Right  I was cringing, like he had his chance with you and he showed you the door but she is very fragile and I think loves to play the victim. 

4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Didn't Faith's family tell him that she has had  a lot of bad relationships? Maybe that scared him off. I seem to remember a scene in Sex and the City where Carrie was telling a therapist about all her bad relationships and the therapist said something like  "the common denominator in all the relationships was you."

She  was  crying at the thought  of moving because her dead horse is  buried on the farm, I  think he eliminated her,  just like he told her tonight,  because they aren't a good fit if she's unwilling  to relocate.

• Like 6
53 minutes ago, CatWarmer said:

I like Gerry less and less as the season progresses (and the women more and more). He walked in and said how much he missed all the women - that he himself had sent packing. Does he realize that he might have warmer feelings for them than they have for him at this point? Are we supposed to feel sorry for him that he feels so bad about breaking hearts; he does cry a lot!

It seemed like he really did a number on Ellen and Faith both; they are not yet over it. But most of the others are and did a nice job expressing how being on the show opened them up to embracing their lives in a more positive manner.

Re Leslie's hometown venue, I read that she lives in a small condo so they used a private club that her son belongs to (he is in the restaurant business).  So it might be a place they often use for family gettogethers.

Gerry to me is  a very good  'car  salesman'.   He  the type  that makes the customers  feel he could be their friend and hang out with them or that he's looking out for them and getting  them a good deal.

He probably gets  them some drinks, a  snack, and a free car wash and they think they're his favorite.

Meanwhile he's probably the top salesman at the dealership, closes the most deals because he has everyone hooked that he 'cares about them and make them feel important'.

So many of the women all  said the same thing tonight,  He 'saw'  them, made them feel 'cared for' and there  was a connection.  

I caught him too almost crying standing next to Jesse at the end when there was no reason to. It's just one of his expressions that makes him vulnerable and people trust him.

He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Susan is fun, Susan is lively, Susan is personable---but Susan is not going to be chosen to have 20 Silver Bachelors compete for her. 

Faith? As in "Must Love Horses" Faith? Nope again. 

If anyone from this season, it would be Gerry’s  F2, who now is looking more and more to be....Leslie! I'm still clinging to her as F1, though. That the scene with Faith would be more emotionally fraught if he led her on any further, as opposed to with Theresa ("He hasn't said 'I love you'.").

2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

My goodness.  This guy sure cries a lot.  Can you all imagine when his wife died?

I really hate to say this, but his tears tonight just made me mad! Like, STHU mad! He's like The Little Boy Who Cried "Wolf," except he's The Old Guy Who Cried.....

And Gerry, please FTLOG, SHAVE!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

I think the Golden Bachelorette, if they have one, will be the blonde woman that went home early to her daughter.

She has great stage presence and she's loved for caring for her daughter.

She exceeds a Gerry!  Moo of course!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Oh  dear Faith.  The sobbing and keening.  The only time I did that over a guy was my first break up at age 15.  Then the door shut behind him and I felt such a surge of relief I can still remember it.  I knew then that I had enjoyed the drama more than the actual boy.  Yes, April, even 15 year-olds can have a little common sense.

Every time he chooses "Treeza" I'm gobsmacked, from the first one-on-one date to now, so I'm guessing she's going to win.  There truly is no accounting for taste.

They really, really should have left the grandchildren out of this mess. They're too young to think about things like this.  They could also leave out the fantasy suites because I'm too young to think about that meeting of crepe skin and knee replacements.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

This is my age demographic and the following is going to sound erally shallow, but...Gerry looked his age in this episode.  I think the outdoor lighting is better for him.  And, as they recapped the season and showed a lot of close-ups I kept thinking that the 'stubble' look on him just looked like he was an old man who couldn't shave closely because of thin skin of something.  He looked much better in this episode as he was clean shaven.  It was also interesting that his hair was darker and not as styled.  I gues what with the actual filming of the 'journey' over they aren't paying for him to have a stylist anymore.

And, if I want to see saggy boobs I will just look in my mirror.  I don't need to see everyone's boobs.  I thought the better dressed women were those who didn't put all of their 'goods' on display.  Faith's tan lines were showing, so her dress was more revealing than whatever swim suit she wears.  

I was surprised by Faith's emotional breakdown as there is a gap between her being eliminated and the filming of the Tell All.

I haven't been impressed by Gerry this whole season as he reminded me of some men I dated in the past who would always say the 'right' things but then never follow up with the 'right' actions.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

This episode confirmed for me I would love to meet Susan and Sandra for brunch and have a wonderful time.  Both of them have a great attitude about life and I would love to talk to them about that.  

I'm 99% sure Gerry is going to pick Theresa.  I think he needs a woman that is more "needy" and will be at his beck and call.  The other ladies are more independent.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 2

Am I cynical or my friends to gullible?  We had a group text going back and forth and they texted how they were crying. They love Joan, they love Faith.  Gerry is just a kind man.  And I was cringing and laughing the whole time.  I was actually getting angry at my friends for how serious they take this.  Who know what is true and what is staged?  How do you fall in love on TV after one date?

Also they talk about women over 60 being invisible.  I think more so 45 to 55 are the most invisible.  We have shows for 20 and 30 something.  Shows for the golden age.  I’m 49.  What about the Gen X generation?  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Like 6
  • Applause 7

I thought the better dressed women were those who didn't put all of their 'goods' on display.  Faith's tan lines were showing, so her dress was more revealing than whatever swim suit she wears.  

On The Bachelor, I've noticed that the F2 usually comes onstage, at the finale, looking as "smoking" as possible.  Boobs out on prominent display, slit up the side of the dress, maybe 6-inch heels, etc.  And in a lot of those cases, I got the impression that it was not just to look great, of course, but also to remind the bachelor what he gave up. Considering they were dumped, and sometimes still hurt or stinging from the rejection, I thought some of those F2s were giving  "you could have had this" vibes.

That's what I thought about Faith when I saw her outfit. I could be wrong of course. (And then she ruined it by sobbing uncontrollably.)

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
47 minutes ago, dleighg said:

speaking of crepe skin, remind me NEVER to raise my bare armpits above my head at that (my) age. Sheer sleeves exist for a reason.

I don’t recall one of those women having a dress with some sleeves.  All wore strapless dresses showing creepy skin and bones.  Like I’m getting, sort of, a little.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I feel that if Joan had been able to stay, maybe she would have been chosen at the end.  Maybe I am a horrible person, but I still feel there is more to the story than her leaving because her daughter needed her. Is the daughter a single parent, no husband/partner?  This would not have lasted forever, I don't know how long they were away from home total. Joan seemed very matter of fact, said that now she was looking forward to getting out there and meeting someone. Maybe she truly didn't really feel "it" for Gerry.

It was uncomfortable watching Faith sobbing.  She seems so wounded.  And the dress - she looked desperate.  And - she actually said at one point she didn't want to leave the area where her horse is buried.  Really? It's a HORSE.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1