Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, endure said:

ME too, cannot use or post on here with my iPad, there are way too many moving and flashing ads for mine to handle.  I recently installed AdBlock on my laptop and might try on my iPad. I did contact admin and thy are trying to figure it out but they also need the revenue to keep the site running.

I use DuckDuckGo for this site.  Works very well, and NO ads!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:
  Reveal spoiler

Just lost my post as usual.  I pads are not good on this site.

Probably off topic but I was having a nightmare time here on my iPad I actually sorta stopped coming let alone posting.tried all suggestions  but what worked was logging on Duck Duck and haven’t had one issue since 

whoops see Tom1mac2 just said that . 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Tom1mac2 said:

I use DuckDuckGo for this site.  Works very well, and NO ads!

Isn’t Duckduckgo a search engine? I do use that sometimes, does it also block ads on websites?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

For all we know, she may not have even known at this point what Joan was doing, or if she did, she was just giving her mom an update and mom made her choice. I have no reason to think she said, mom, you have to leave this once in a lifetime opportunity to come help me because I can’t stand up and take care of my baby. 

I agree.  Sure, it's one perspective that the daughter called her mom back from a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  But from her daughter's perspective, it could be the feeling of having your mom choose to fight 20-something other woman for the love of a man she doesn't know instead of being with her daughter during a difficult time.  

But I tend to think part of the reason Joan peaced out is because she decided she'd rather be with her daughter, and she got as far as she wanted to go in the process. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

This episode was definitely worth sitting through all of the Poise panty liner commercials 😄! Finally, some drama instead of gal pals laughing and smiling on the couch all day.  Kathy kind of has a point. Theresa was sharing too much- maybe cluelessly, but she was annoying for me as a viewer to listen to and I'm not even trying to bone Gerry.  It looks like from the previews of next week that the women play competitive group date tennis, and one woman falls on the court- could this be a Life Alert commercial tie-in?  Will I be able to figure out if Gerry's hair is all his or a scalped cockatoo that was doused in boxed Just for Men dye?  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
On 10/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think well-styled grey hair looks beautiful.

Me too. My grey is growing  in slowly, so I've added more grey streaks. It looks pretty good.

3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It could be, even if the daughter had other family members to help her, she may have been suffering from postpartum depression or something and Joan didn't want to take the chance of not tending to her.   

I really  liked Joan, she seemed  down to earth. Theresa seems a bit airy fairy, something  about her, really bothers me.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I have a feeling he will go get Joan in the end.  He really liked her.  It will be a twist .. something different.  Maybe.   I also hope they have a Bachelorette show ASAP.

This is what I said to my mom. I think in his mind Joan will become “the one who got away” and none of the others will measure up, especially because he also seems close with his daughters.

I call BS on them only showing about 2 seconds of Faith singing. She is really talented (although the tiny bit we heard sounded like the song itself might be awful), so I assume the fix was in. Joan had probably already decided to leave, so the producers wanted him to pick her so it would be more dramatic when she told him after they had just had a one-on-one date.

I didn’t care for Theresa at all before this episode and I still don’t, but I did kind of enjoy Kathy previously and now I can’t wait for her to get sent packing.

I don’t watch any of the other versions — is Jesse Palmer usually such a non-presence? I would love to know how much he gets paid to come in for 5 seconds and say “ Ladies, this is the final rose.” like they can’t see that for themselves. Although maybe this particular group can’t? 😂 (Not throwing shade, I’m only 6-7 years younger than the youngest contestants so I know how vision is becoming an issue.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It could be, even if the daughter had other family members to help her, she may have been suffering from postpartum depression or something and Joan didn't want to take the chance of not tending to her.   

I went to my daughters house the day she came home from a C-section.  Brought food and took care of the baby day n nite for a few days.  Joan wouldn’t have had a good time at the mansion.  Kids first.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, endure said:

Isn’t Duckduckgo a search engine? I do use that sometimes, does it also block ads on websites?

I’m not technical at all.  What is it and if we get it, will it ruin anything else?  Will it stop the jumping around while typing?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Irish Mermaid said:

I didn’t care for Theresa at all before this episode and I still don’t,

11 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Theresa seems a bit airy fairy, something  about her, really bothers me.

That SLASH of smeary red lipstick for one!

PERHAPS???   Is Gerry (pronounced Gary) attracted to women who are obviously less attractive than he is?  Do his insecurities require that he find someone to gush over him--take care of him--and make him the center of her universe?     

PoorPitiful.jpg.02e11913ac8878bae7f327e0a985eb5c.jpg   Poor Pitiful Pearl just needs a schmear of RED lipstick!

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
On 10/12/2023 at 10:08 PM, endure said:

I think his restaurant is like a fast food place not a place to really mingle.

From the web:  "Gerry was a restaurant owner. From Indiana, he has worked as director of sales and marketing at Rock River Provisi, since 2004. He systemized marketing practices generating $300K in sheltered income, as per his LinkedIn.  He also had the role of franchise owner for Mr. Quick Restaurants. Gerry became a partner in 1978. In 1979, he orchestrated the buyout of other partners to become the sole owner of the corporation and five restaurant locations. He stayed there for almost 15 years until he became a produce salesman for Ken Moore Foods. After several other leadership jobs, Gerry became manager for King’s Food Service and Gold’s Gym."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 8
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Wait a minute, Leslie claims to be a professional dancer?! She was doing “the sprinkler” for god’s sake! Her dance moves were that of a middle-aged white dad drunk at his cousin’s third wedding.

jimmy fallon dancing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Oh, perfect description! 

She embarrassed herself with the  "I got this..."  when announced there would be a talent show.

Edited by bequialife
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Maybe that's why he wants someone fit now?  

He might want someone who can be with him longer term. He seems fairly fit and maybe he got into it after his wife passed away. There is nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

His wife's death had nothing to do with her weight. 

Yes, there's no reason to think the skinny gals are truly fit.  We know nothing about their drinking habits, blood pressure, family history, etc.  As for weight as a life expectancy predictor, those whose BMIs are slightly overweight tend to live longer than thin or underweight ones.  And most of these women look seriously underweight to me.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m not technical at all.  What is it and if we get it, will it ruin anything else?  Will it stop the jumping around while typing?

Ha ha I'm not technical at all either!  DuckDuckGo is a search engine that is really good for keeping your identity private online, not sure if it actually eliminates ads too? But I have never used the DucDuckGo app.... I am using AdBlock on my MacBook but I am still getting ads. Not as many as I get on my iPad though!  I haven't put it on my iPad yet, it shouldn't cause any issues though.  You can always delete it if you don't like it, it's just an app.  I have the free version.  But, a lot of sites won't let you in unless you turn it off but it is relatively easy to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unpopular opinion but I dont' like  Gerry.

He seems like a player and cries too damn much.

Plus he's too smooth and kisses with the quickness.

Totally believe he had a 24 year old sugar baby and probably will pick one of the 'younger'  looking  women.

More likely he will pick one and make it look good for awhile while he sows his wild oats with more sugar babies and the 1000s of women who will be sliding into his DM's after the show.

The lady  who left for her daughter was smart, she got to be on the show for  a time but it wasn't worth staying longer for this Golden PLAYER.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Probably off topic but I was having a nightmare time here on my iPad I actually sorta stopped coming let alone posting.tried all suggestions  but what worked was logging on Duck Duck and haven’t had one issue since 

whoops see Tom1mac2 just said that . 

How do I get that?  I’m not technical to save my life.  Does it come on automatically after you sign-in and give information?

• Like 1
On 10/13/2023 at 12:19 PM, archer1267 said:

I can't judge Gerry/Gary too much for the sugar baby thing, if it's true. I don't doubt that he misses his wife terribly and wanted some female company where  there would be no expectations of an emotional commitment (and some discretion). These arrangements are icky but if two consenting adults are clear-eyed about what they're getting out of it, who am I to say anything?

I hope, though, that Gary is truly ready to find love again, otherwise I'll be pissed at the emotional investment I'm putting into a Bachelor show...lol!

Yes! Last week I was confused to not see Marina, as I thought she'd gotten a rose. It turns out that she had to go home for a family emergency but that wasn't included or mentioned. Maybe production thought we wouldn't notice?! I also would have liked to see more of Edith. She was stunning.

I didn’t see half of them.  They should have made it two hours.  Plus, why even get married at this age.  There are complications with money, children, grandchildren,etc.  Being a committed couple is enough I think.  It’s not like they will have kids.  Just date.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, there's no reason to think the skinny gals are truly fit.  We know nothing about their drinking habits, blood pressure, family history, etc.  As for weight as a life expectancy predictor, those whose BMIs are slightly overweight tend to live longer than thin or underweight ones.  And most of these women look seriously underweight to me.

They probably crashed dieted when chosen for their parts.  I don’t think very skinny is a good look for an older woman, especially in a strapless dress.  

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Kathy is a  bitch and too old looking for  Gerry.   They must have forced him to keep her around for the drama.

Theresa is scrawny and unfortunate looking to me and acting all fragile yet also  bragging all the time too, I don't like either of those two  ladies and doubt either will be picked in the end.

Leslie I like the most, she's  very youthful looking and I liked her saying she turned off her hearing aid when those two were squabbling.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

Leslie I like the most, she's  very youthful looking and I liked her saying she turned off her hearing aid when those two were squabbling.

Just read some posts about her by some people who allegedly know her. Saying that she is too sophisticated/savvy for Gerry and they can't imagine her liking him for long and that these shows foster a "Stockholm Syndrome" (I agree the competition makes him more desirable and they spend their days and nights in that house thinking of him). Also that she's rude and uncouth and has no money and Gerry would be better moving on from her.

Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep the conversation lively. 😉

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

How do I get that?  I’m not technical to save my life.  Does it come on automatically after you sign-in and give information?

Sorry for late response. I happen to have the app already  and don’t remember when or why I got it.   After hours/ days of trying everything for issues here  I decided to try logging on to the forum from Duck Duck…. not only are there no issues with typing , disappearing posts I don’t have ANY ads on the side.  I’m thinking I might have downloaded it on recommendation of YouTubers who bait scammers from call centers.  Since this is only place that I couldn’t type and had posts rolling and disappearing I haven’t used the search engine for anything else. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Plus, why even get married at this age.  There are complications with money, children, grandchildren,etc.  Being a committed couple is enough I think.  It’s not like they will have kids.  Just date.

that's a good point. My dad started seeing a woman after my mother died, when he was older than Gerry, about 80. But very intentionally they didn't move in together or get married. Too many complications, and who knows which one might end up in assisted living or whatever (my father was the one).

• Like 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

No it did not but again he might want someone who will take care if themselves 

More than likely, he wants someone who will take care of HIM.  He seems enthralled (poor sap) with the "gaga" look and game Lame Theresa uses whenever she's within feet of him.  She'll suck him in with that poor me play...and then expect to be treated like a queen.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Just read some posts about her by some people who allegedly know her. Saying that she is too sophisticated/savvy for Gerry and they can't imagine her liking him for long and that these shows foster a "Stockholm Syndrome" (I agree the competition makes him more desirable and they spend their days and nights in that house thinking of him). Also that she's rude and uncouth and has no money and Gerry would be better moving on from her.

Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep the conversation lively. 😉

To me, "sophisticated" is pretty much the polar opposite of "rude and uncouth." Not to mention broke.

So are "sophisticated " and "savvy" HERE just another way of saying "been around the block a lot"? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Sorry for late response. I happen to have the app already  and don’t remember when or why I got it.   After hours/ days of trying everything for issues here  I decided to try logging on to the forum from Duck Duck…. not only are there no issues with typing , disappearing posts I don’t have ANY ads on the side.  I’m thinking I might have downloaded it on recommendation of YouTubers who bait scammers from call centers.  Since this is only place that I couldn’t type and had posts rolling and disappearing I haven’t used the search engine for anything else. 

Thanks so much for all this.  I will try today to change over.  It’s been a nightmare as I couldn’t even post a thing last night. 👍

• Like 3
10 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Unpopular opinion but I dont' like  Gerry.

He seems like a player and cries too damn much.

Plus he's too smooth and kisses with the quickness.

Totally believe he had a 24 year old sugar baby and probably will pick one of the 'younger'  looking  women.

More likely he will pick one and make it look good for awhile while he sows his wild oats with more sugar babies and the 1000s of women who will be sliding into his DM's after the show.

The lady  who left for her daughter was smart, she got to be on the show for  a time but it wasn't worth staying longer for this Golden PLAYER.

Hmmm … very, very interesting.  Yeah, what man cries like that?   I’m married a very long time and I’ve never seen my husband cry.  Maybe he did in private .. who knows.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5

Well, when all is said and done, I’m hoping there will be another show coming up.  I’m liking his crapfest, lol.   Two hours tho.  Thanks to everyone for info on Duck, Duck which I will do today.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Please tell that to my doctor, LOLL.  In LA nobody is willing to endorse this truth!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Isn't she the one who spends the entire rose ceremony fretting about whether Gerry will give her a rose, he didn't spend any time with her, he's looking at the other women, he seems to like someone else, what if he doesn't pick her, and on and on.  I get insecurity, but geez, get a grip or move on.

I haven't liked Theresa from the beginning. She does seem braggy, based on being the first date and how much they connected, but I just don't like her and she needs to learn the hard lesson I learned years ago - lose the bright red lipstick.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
On 10/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, Ilovepie said:

I am bummed Edith got sent packing - she was the most beautiful to me

Edith is hair goals!  She’s gorgeous.

I don’t know why Kathy is attracted to Gerry.  He just doesn’t seem like he would be her type.  Not enough edge…

• Like 10
22 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I don’t know why Kathy is attracted to Gerry.  He just doesn’t seem like he would be her type.  Not enough edge…

I can smell her desperation from Arizona.

31 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

I haven't liked Theresa from the beginning. She does seem braggy, based on being the first date and how much they connected, but I just don't like her and she needs to learn the hard lesson I learned years ago - lose the bright red lipstick.  

Yes!  Lose that smear of lipstick or get an adult to apply it for you.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

From the web:  "Gerry was a restaurant owner. From Indiana, he has worked as director of sales and marketing at Rock River Provisi, since 2004. He systemized marketing practices generating $300K in sheltered income, as per his LinkedIn.  He also had the role of franchise owner for Mr. Quick Restaurants. Gerry became a partner in 1978. In 1979, he orchestrated the buyout of other partners to become the sole owner of the corporation and five restaurant locations. He stayed there for almost 15 years until he became a produce salesman for Ken Moore Foods. After several other leadership jobs, Gerry became manager for King’s Food Service and Gold’s Gym."

Gerry was on Jimmy Kimmel a couple of nights ago, they did a big thing about his name ie spelling, pronunciation etc.... it sounds more like GARY but maybe rhymes with dairy ha ha.  I think he said it's an Irish name.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 10/6/2023 at 3:54 AM, JudyObscure said:

I'm not surprised Gerry thought the one in the short dress with the tan and the whitish lipstick was "sexy."  My husband likes that type , too and he's just the same age as Gerry.  I read somewhere that men forever admire the look that was in when they were in high school/college.

image.png.3b03a881d1a42904b83faa4289cd505a.png

I keep looking at this picture that Judy Obscure posted, is this Candice Bergen?  

Edited by bequialife
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Cybill Shepherd?

Ding Ding Ding Ding! 

Yes, it is Cybill Shepherd. 

Theresa seems like an airhead to me. She really doesn't understand how she's coming across when she goes on and on and on about her connection with Gerry. But Kathy should just avoid her rather than confront her. They both need to grow up.

• Like 14