Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E05: HOH #2, Nominations #2

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

I guess since the strike is on CBS Radford sets are up for grabs? lol. I actually loved the fact they were filming on different sets. I've thought for a LONG time that BB needed to have a separate "arena" where all the comps take place so they always have backyard access.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Maya said:

That was actually kind of shitty of Jared to not save Reilly after she helped him last week. What was his reason for Jag, other than his mom told him to?

There wasn’t another reason; Jared is either playing Mommy’s game, or letting Mommy play his game - take your pick.

One good thing about this episode, though; Jared 100% exposed himself as somebody you can’t count on to have your back, even if you’ve already proven you have (or had) his.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Maya said:

That was actually kind of shitty of Jared to not save Reilly after she helped him last week. What was his reason for Jag, other than his mom told him to?

Hisam told him he didn't care who Jared sent, as long as it wasn't Reilly, Matt or Cameron.  Jared didn't want to cross Hisam and make himself a target.  He still needed to send someone from his side to not look like he was with the older group.

So much second hand embarrassment (which is apparently the real theme of the season).   I could just imagine the production intern off to the side "now look really, really cared.  I said scared not constipated, houseguests."  

Hisam is such a drama queen.   He talks more like a corporate HR drone than a doctor.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Maya said:

Why was it shitty?  Jared is not playing FOR Reilly to win.  Like Maverick said below:

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Hisam told him he didn't care who Jared sent, as long as it wasn't Reilly, Matt or Cameron.  Jared didn't want to cross Hisam and make himself a target.  He still needed to send someone from his side to not look like he was with the older group.

Exactly.  If he had "saved" Reilly he could have ended up on the block because Hisam wants her out and Hisam holds the power this week on who will get nominated. 

Jared never promised Reilly he would protect her from somebody's nomination.  She had no right to get bent out of shape that he wasn't trying to hand her the game while putting himself in danger.  That would be getting right up there with Marcellus giving his Immunity Idol away.

And Jared is secretly playing in part for the other side so getting Reilly out who was the ringleader of putting together that Hand + 3 alliance is great for his game too and obviously his mother's game as well.

Also great for us viewers because my guess is Reilly's old alliance will fall apart quickly if she is evicted.  New groups will form.  Chaos even which is entertainment as opposed to the stupid "two sides of the house" scenario.

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I couldn't understand a word the Gorgon was saying.  I had the close-captioning on, but I wasn't even interested enough in the challenge to read what he was saying.

I read somewhere that close-captioning couldn't figure out what Stilts Monster was saying either.  I certainly didn't but this is the first HOH or competition of any kind on this show in a long LONG time I enjoyed. 

OT:  The last ones I liked were in the one great season I liked between all the crapping ones -- Season 21 -- where that one guy ran around hiding his thing under like a dozen mattresses in the house shouting "Defense wins championships!" and followed it up in a word scramble by unscrambing a word as "Anal Lice."  And then that one woman couldn't put together like a simple 6 or 7 piece puzzle of herself so she could return to the house.  Those were the days! 

(Also the only time the "two sides of the house" battle worked since one side was so stupid that they turned themselves into a circular firing squad which was great entertainment.  Good times, good times.).

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Jared never promised Reilly he would protect her from somebody's nomination.  She had no right to get bent out of shape that he wasn't trying to hand her the game while putting himself in danger. 

Yeah… upon further reflection I’ll walk back some (not all) of my criticism of Jared’s gameplay, and lay that snafu on Reilly’s doorstep.  Reilly’s pulling Jared off the Block last week without first getting SOME promise or guarantee of reciprocity was a total rookie mistake.

• Like 5

So Jared's "punishment" for coming in second and being sent to the ridiculous "nether region" is actually a power not a punishment.  I wonder if this would have been different if it were someone else?  I do think Jared "owed" Reilly, as she took him off the block, with or without a verbal promise, as reciprocation for taking him down.  But, as Reilly is half way out the door and he played the middle ground enough by choosing Jag (Cirie's proposal of Felicia would have been a terrible choice) to still seem to be with the younger group, neither he nor Cirie will get any blowback from not saving Reilly.  Reilly did save Jared and that should count for something, IMO.  If Jared was truly in an alliance with Reilly and not aligned with Cirie, I believe he would have saved Reilly because Jared even thinks he owes Reilly.  At least that is my impression.

Reilly's mistake was choosing Jared (while not including Cirie) to be in her alliance (they really should have kept the original five person alliance and not randomly added others like Jared), thus the alliance was betrayed to the older group who know everything they say from Jared through Cirie.  Izzy and Hisam shove things in Reilly's face in conversations not because they are superior players but because they have knowledge from Jared about what she is thinking and what she is saying.  If she denies an accusation, they know she is lying and they can say "cut the crap, you are lying."  Jared being a double agent is all because, unknown to the houseguests, Cirie is Jared's mother.  His choosing to side with Cirie wasn't organic that the younger group should have somehow known to avoid (though I don't know how they are missing that mother and son look alike).  Reilly is also disadvantaged in her request to Jared to save her, as, unbeknownst to her, his loyalty is to Cirie not her.  It's cute if you are on their side, and unfair if you are on Reilly's side or just want things to be even.  Also, if Izzy were not a Cirie Fields stalker, Izzy would probably have been part of the more age comparable younger group.

The older group ("the professors" is a stupid name) are awfully smug about their superiority.  Not watching the feeds, but Reilly was not arrogant when she was HOH and did not lord herself over them, especially as she didn't nominate anyone and had very little power. 

I am gravitating to the younger group.  To me, they are more likeable.  I don't like Cirie, Felicia, and Izzy.  The younger group is being criticized for forming an alliance with a name but it is OK for the older group to do the same thing???  The younger group were in the same room and bonded.  They did nothing wrong and nothing that the older group didn't do - form an alliance - on a show where people form alliances.  Too bad they have no shot and will all be eliminated until only Jared is left and he will be absorbed into the older group and his being with the younger group will be brushed over thanks to Cirie.  Not looking forward to any of this.

I don't like that Reilly will be eliminated and they will laugh about her in a few weeks the way 'Pooch' got made fun of last year.  Reilly did nothing wrong but her game will suffer due to Cirie and her son being cast (and the game being rigged in their favor).  I am sure if Cirie and/or Jared were in trouble they will somehow be sent to the "nether region" out of harms way.  Not happy with this episode and this season at all.

And, this HOH competition was really just a reverse of an OTEV competition. 

We are probably going to end up with a "surprise" Cirie win or Cirie hands off the win to Jared.  Ugh!  I don't like the multiverses because it is a stupid theme. Totally annoyed at this season!

I was hoping to find out why the young alliance did not switch from voting out Kirsten, a free agent who might show them gratitude, over Felicia, a player on the other side of the house?  I guess showing that lame, long HOH competition was more important.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I couldn't understand a word the Gorgon was saying. 

I agree.  And I was concerned about Matt being able to hear/understand.  I'd still like to learn how they are helping him to hear instructions, rules, etc. (if they are).

• Like 6
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Is it me or does Hisam look like Enzo?

He does, kind of. Certainly doesn't sound like him. Right?

5 hours ago, Skooma said:

Why was it shitty?  Jared is not playing FOR Reilly to win.  Like Maverick said below:

Exactly.  If he had "saved" Reilly he could have ended up on the block because Hisam wants her out and Hisam holds the power this week on who will get nominated. 

Jared never promised Reilly he would protect her from somebody's nomination.  She had no right to get bent out of shape that he wasn't trying to hand her the game while putting himself in danger.  That would be getting right up there with Marcellus giving his Immunity Idol away.

And Jared is secretly playing in part for the other side so getting Reilly out who was the ringleader of putting together that Hand + 3 alliance is great for his game too and obviously his mother's game as well.

Also great for us viewers because my guess is Reilly's old alliance will fall apart quickly if she is evicted.  New groups will form.  Chaos even which is entertainment as opposed to the stupid "two sides of the house" scenario.

I read somewhere that close-captioning couldn't figure out what Stilts Monster was saying either.  I certainly didn't but this is the first HOH or competition of any kind on this show in a long LONG time I enjoyed. 

OT:  The last ones I liked were in the one great season I liked between all the crapping ones -- Season 21 -- where that one guy ran around hiding his thing under like a dozen mattresses in the house shouting "Defense wins championships!" and followed it up in a word scramble by unscrambing a word as "Anal Lice."  And then that one woman couldn't put together like a simple 6 or 7 piece puzzle of herself so she could return to the house.  Those were the days! 

(Also the only time the "two sides of the house" battle worked since one side was so stupid that they turned themselves into a circular firing squad which was great entertainment.  Good times, good times.).

Yep, the Anal Lice guy was Brett. Was this the season of the gold stars guy? He also was a grandma or someone like that. This was not a contestant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Yeah… upon further reflection I’ll walk back some (not all) of my criticism of Jared’s gameplay, and lay that snafu on Reilly’s doorstep.  Reilly’s pulling Jared off the Block last week without first getting SOME promise or guarantee of reciprocity was a total rookie mistake.

Not to mention she didn’t make the original four nominations, so she had no starting blood on her hands, and she needed to take two off.  Adding to that, she removed Jared because she wanted to make sure Kirsten went home (and Felicia was the best pawn for that goal.) 

It’s a shaky comparison for Reilly to make. The way she was acting gave “You were nominated last week and I won veto and used it on you” which just isn’t reality.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Yep, the Anal Lice guy was Brett. Was this the season of the gold stars guy? He also was a grandma or someone like that. This was not a contestant.

OT:  Thank you so much!  I could not remember his name.  I thought it started with B but didn't know which B name but I usually can't remember 95% or any season's names within a week after the show ends.  Like the woman Brett threw into fits when he didn't respect that it was her daughter's birthday eve or something.  I do remember Tyler's name. 

And I remember who won but not their name.  Because names in general?  Nope, these people after the season ends are like yesterday's newspaper.  Thrown out in the trash by me.

But I don't know about gold stars or a grandma on that season.  Oh wait or do you mean some punishment where someone dressed up like a grandma would come in and wake up and berate one of the players at all hours?  I vaguely remember something like that happening.  Could Brett have been that player?  If so he was a busy busy boy that season.

Hope this isn't hijacking this thread but this thread isn't exactly 20 pages long so thought it was okay to have a more relaxed conversation on it without offending anyone.

• Like 1

Gotta say: with all the Nether Region and Nether Gorgon bits flying about, my brain was starting to overload.  After about the 15th reference in a two-minute span I caught myself mumbling, “Nether region… nether gorgon… nether region gorgon… don’t they make creams or ointments or little bitty combs or such to get rid of that…?”

P. S.: “Works on anal lice, too!” ™

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Just when I think this show can't get any dumber. 

This whole Multiverse gimmick just feels way too play-acty. The Houseguests are being directed to an extreme degree. I'm so distracted by the logistics. Where is this HoH set, and how did they get there? What's on the other side if they swing the camera around? I'm aware the "House" is not really a house but it's an enclosure they can film from any angle. This HoH thing just looked like a cheap stage set.

Clearly they are leaving the "House" and being taken to other soundstages. I imagine there are plenty of empty ones right now with the strike but are they getting on a tram or a bus? How far away is it?

Then they're being directed to pretend to run into some portal. It's so dumb and cheap looking, it feels like a Saturday morning kid's show. And all I'm thinking is "OK, so they run across this set and then what, someone puts them back on a tram or bus and takes them back to the "House" set? One by one or do they wait until everyone is finished?" 

It's taking me right out of the show. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Oh, me too.  The Portal thing especially.  Why are they ducking down (and some didn't duck, and some ducked a bit too early) when the Portal is high enough for them to run right through?  And I think it was Red who, when he ran through, the far side of the portal ring was in front of him, so it looked like he was running behind, not through, the portal.

I did laugh when Cory was zapped and set off at an easy jog.  I wouldn't exert myself for a damned fake portal either.

Also, especially in the close shots from behind the Gorgon, it was clear he wasn't a top level stilt walker, because his butt was sticking out a bit (bent at the waist for balance).  Not that I can walk on stilts--haven't tried since the homemade tin cans on string loops days of my long-ago-youth, but it's hard to take seriously a "scary" character with his butt sticking out and, later visible, a cheap plastic Halloween mask for a face.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Between the Nether Region, the Gorgon on stilts, the shiny blue portals, and areas called HumiliVerse and ScaryVerse, I might assume - if I didn't know better, sadly - that this show was concocted and is being produced by a group of third graders.

I mostly just hope that no one in my family comes into the room when I'm watching this show so I don't have to attempt to explain what is happening on my television.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Where is this HoH set, and how did they get there? What's on the other side if they swing the camera around? I'm aware the "House" is not really a house but it's an enclosure they can film from any angle. This HoH thing just looked like a cheap stage set.

Clearly they are leaving the "House" and being taken to other soundstages. I imagine there are plenty of empty ones right now with the strike but are they getting on a tram or a bus? How far away is it?

• Like 2
  • Useful 10
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I mostly just hope that no one in my family comes into the room when I'm watching this show so I don't have to attempt to explain what is happening on my television.

I watched this episode with my daughter last night and we were dying laughing. 

All day she's been sending me video clips she took of the Nether Gorgon (who we initially thought was the Nether Lord.) 

• LOL 4
23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I watched this episode with my daughter last night and we were dying laughing. 

All day she's been sending me video clips she took of the Nether Gorgon (who we initially thought was the Nether Lord.) 

How is Khaleesi?  Haven’t heard anything of her in forever.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Between the Nether Region, the Gorgon on stilts, the shiny blue portals, and areas called HumiliVerse and ScaryVerse, I might assume - if I didn't know better, sadly - that this show was concocted and is being produced by a group of third graders.

Well then it is a tick upwards from most BB seasons that are produced by first graders.

And I mean it.  As bad as the "theme" stuff is this season there have been far far worse ones.  This show has been horribly corny from Season 2 onward. 

Season 1 was the only one not to be ashamed to be seen watching imho.  And that was because it was a new thing and everybody was watching it and quite frankly I liked the feel  and rules much MUCH better on Season 1.  It was actually interesting at times.

Edited by Skooma
17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

@Drogo - don’t feel bad; my granddaughter is 9 months old today, so (relatively speaking) you’re still a pup.  😉

I can't wait to read her gems of wisdom on the Survivor threads once she hits toddlerhood.   Mazel mazel, good things!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Just when I think this show can't get any dumber. 

Then they're being directed to pretend to run into some portal. It's so dumb and cheap looking, it feels like a Saturday morning kid's show. And all I'm thinking is "OK, so they run across this set and then what, someone puts them back on a tram or bus and takes them back to the "House" set? One by one or do they wait until everyone is finished?" 

It's taking me right out of the show. 

Saturday morning kid's show for sure! I kept expecting to see Scooby Doo characters running along with the BB cast. Ruh Roh! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Skooma said:

And I mean it.  As bad as the "theme" stuff is this season there have been far far worse ones.  This show has been horribly corny from Season 2 onward. 

Corny, sure. I expect corny and silly from Big Brother. The competitions are almost always silly. 

This is different though. The houseguests are being asked to "act." The whole HoH setup was filled with "make believe." It was too performative. You could tell they were obviously directed to pose and look like they were scared while the instructions were being read to them. They're being asked to pretend they're running into a portal. Then they are being asked to pretend they have exited a portal in a different place. They're being asked to pretend they've suddenly been transported to a different place or are speaking to other houseguests through a mirror. It's too much acting and pretending.

I read the live feeds were down for something like 17 hours. Has it occurred to anyone it was because they had to rehearse something? These aren't competitions they can just go into and do with simple instructions, they are actually things they have to rehearse for and learn how to accommodate whatever special effects are involved. 

I also don't like the fact that they are being taken in and out of the house and going different places, that seems to me like a violation of at least the spirit of what this game is all about.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

Houseguests have been whisked in and out of the house since the early seasons, so I don’t mind that part so much.  But yes, the “acting”, especially when Nether Gorgon was first talking, was TOO. MUCH.  I thought Felicia was going to fall over on herself.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, and the HOH  gets "zapped" through the portal to the HOH room, has to announce to the others that he is HOH while they fake surprise. The whole thing is so fake and over-acted it makes me cringe with secondhand embarrassment. 

Somehow it's reminding me of the  Power Rangers show my son was hooked on.

Another problem I have is the "scary-verse " where the are supplied with hospital gowns. Hasn't the trope of "dangerous people with mental illness" expired by now? Psychiatric disorders should not be the stuff of haunted house themes.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, and the HOH  gets "zapped" through the portal to the HOH room, has to announce to the others that he is HOH while they fake surprise. The whole thing is so fake and over-acted it makes me cringe with secondhand embarrassment. 

Another problem I have is the "scary-verse " where the are supplied with hospital gowns. Hasn't the trope of "dangerous people with mental illness" expired by now? Psychiatric disorders should not be the stuff of haunted house themes.

Maybe the hospital gowns aren't about mental illness, but are about people going in for colonoscopies. After all we have the whirling colonoscopy of doom.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Not to mention, BB’s special effects make those in MMPR look worthy of the Star Wars franchise.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I think the feng shui TPTB are shooting for is more The Walking Dead than One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I assumed Hisam entered the house through a back door into the HOH so they didn't know, but I could be wrong. 

The Austrailia BB takes contestants to an arena for the comps, so I thought it was cool that this BB actually left the set.  As someone said above, I also think they should have a seperate comp area so they always have backyard access too.

I'm enjoying this season so far! 

• Like 2

Shark officially consider yourself jumped.

This multiverse thing stinks worse than three-day-old garbage in the sunshine. Without a doubt, this is some of the worst s@$t I have ever seen, and I've watched every episode with Paul, Franke Grande, Mike Boogie and Jesse in it.

Nethergorgon and the dollar store The Upside Down. Can Stranger Things please sue these Mother F'ers?

BB needs to be moved out of any Reality Show designation. Now we've got full-on scripted junk and special effects combined with breaking the No Leave the house Rule...I don't care if that was the CBS backlot or the parking lot at Television City dressed up. That's one rule you don't break unless it's very special, like the Goodyear Blimp flyover many moons ago.

This is so pathetic. Thank god I watched on Paramount +, so I could skip all that trash HOH and go right to the winner. Life is too short to have wasted any time on that.

As for the show, all the other houseguests are playing against a stacked deck with Ceri and her son. It's not fair, and it's not right.

I am questioning myself if I have the willpower to actually walk away from this season. I hate what BB has become.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

The HoH comp just felt like they were all putting on a play. Or making some crummy amateur film for a media class. I don't want every comp to be something they have to sit down with directors and producers for and learn lines and choreography and rehearse. It's just way too staged. As it is, Big Brother has a bad reputation for manipulating comps to favor certain players. This just takes it to the next level. I'm not sure I believe these are even real comps anymore. 

• Like 4

I actually forgot this was on last night; I just watched it on Paramount with my long-suffering husband.

I couldn’t understand anything the Gorgon was saying either, but that was partly due to the repeated comments of “this is so stupid” coming from my left. 

I finally got him to watch a full season last year after talking up the Cookout Season the year before. And now I think I’ve lost him again. Not that I can blame him.

Unless your target audience is 8 years old, BB (in which case let me see myself out), please knock this the fuck off and just give us a show with strategy, competition, and other things we don’t have to be ashamed of watching, ok? Please?? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

When watching the HGs’s facial expressions during the HoH comp, did anybody else get the same impression I did - that a significant number of the HGs were thinking, “This isn’t what I thought I was signing up for…”?

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 3

They seemed more into this than they did on premiere night, where the exhibited less enthusiasm than Frankie Grande without glitter or camera on him.   My guess is they're slipping something in the food to make them more malleable. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Shark officially consider yourself jumped.

That happened way back starting with Season 2.

15 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The HoH comp just felt like they were all putting on a play. Or making some crummy amateur film for a media class. I don't want every comp to be something they have to sit down with directors and producers for and learn lines and choreography and rehearse. It's just way too staged. ...

I always thought over half of all the competitions were like that.  And the "segments" in between too.  They have always been rehearsed and coached to play into all the stupid, corny, silly stuff there. 

Especially that totally boring "sarcastic robot" (Zingbot???) segment with the stupid insults.  Also the competition where all the houseguests oooh and ahhh over each year as some great tradition.  I forget the name of the character but they tell them to go fetch stuff and run back and kneel before them.

And then there is the obviously "rehearsed" thrill of meeting Wil each season.

As for "leaving" their studio ... errrr ... so-called "House?"  They do that every season to do stuff in the next door studio.  This one was in a different section of the studio lot.  And apparently right next door.  So no dif for me.  

Special effects?  That has been done before endlessly too.  Houseguests are always "popping" in and out of places.  I just don't see this being different either

Long way of saying I didn't see any real difference with this competition over any other in the history of the show.  Except this one was somewhat more fun than most because it was finally a wee bit different in the corny and we weren't stuck in that teeny tiny boring fake studio "backyard" finally.  Also the chainsaw shed for people on this forum was more a shoutout to Nashville here.  😆

The best "backyard" was again for me, like most things, on Season 1 where they actually had a very small but real vegetable garden and took care of real chickens thus the birth of "Chicken" George.  Also a small area to shoot baskets where one-legged Eddie used to hop around and sink remarkable shots on all the time.  The "backyard" these days looks like a sleazy, worn and woebegone carpet. Period.  Nice to see them use another part of the studio lot finally.

Edited by Skooma
On 8/14/2023 at 7:11 AM, cowgirlwen said:

I agree.  And I was concerned about Matt being able to hear/understand.  I'd still like to learn how they are helping him to hear instructions, rules, etc. (if they are).

There is an article in the BB in the Media thread that talks about all the things thy did to give him an even playing field. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2