Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Sai is a fashion influencer, right? So why that blue dress with the white top stitching in her talking heads...the one with the empty, puckered breast cups? Then Jessel with that red dress with a a fabric tumor at the top where the flesh in front of her armpit is spilling over the top...she's also has a career in fashion, right?  

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

Sai is a fashion influencer, right? So why that blue dress with the white top stitching in her talking heads...the one with the empty, puckered breast cups? Then Jessel with that red dress with a a fabric tumor at the top where the flesh in front of her armpit is spilling over the top...she's also has a career in fashion, right?  

Jessel is I  publicist/public relations... so she might be able to highlight fashion...but doesn't mean they have good fashion.

Jenna seems kind of privileged and probably was given extra perks by Andy and Bravo...including not filming when not comfortable.  As a fellow introvert, I do commend her for setting boundaries...but I also kind of find her to be a bit snobbish as well.

I would have rather seen the full scene of Brynn playing chess against the guy then yet another rehash scene of Erin and Jessel's icy coffee chat

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I so agree!! Two of the ugliest outfits we have seen so far on this show.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, janiema said:

Did Brynn win her chess match? I couldn’t tell. She didn’t seem to know which clock to hit. Next, I would like to hear her play the violin.

I didn’t get the impression that she won. I think she was also surprised by the fast moves in tournament chess. 

• Like 5
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Again, Jenna should have been truthful then nobody would be able to say a thing about it. Instead, she made up the event lie. 

And when pressed, she said she couldn't remember. She should've just been honest about it in the first place.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Steph J said:

I've seen articles which claim that she's either the richest of the cast or the second richest after Jenna, but based on what we've seen I find that very suspect. I'm fully prepared to be proven wrong as the season goes on and Brynn demonstrates that she lives a lifestyle on par with her castmates,

Finances are always a house of cards with the RHW, so who knows! Interesting that we haven't seen Brynn's apartment yet, I don't think? But I do think that, even if Brynn is wealthy now, your points about her overcompensating/deflecting could still be valid. She could still have imposter syndrome due to her background, regardless of how successful she has become.

10 hours ago, oakville said:

Jenna's storage room is huge.  She could make a lot of money selling off her wardrobe.

Man, I hope that stuff is insured and her building has great security. It's not quite Lisa Rinna Versace-in-a-garage level bad, but I do cringe seeing that stuff out there on TV, laid out like a roadmap for thieves. 

7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessel is I  publicist/public relations... so she might be able to highlight fashion...but doesn't mean they have good fashion.

I had almost forgotten about that! When Jessel mentioned that she's in PR, I nearly fell out of my chair. Girl, you have to have some sense of how you're coming across!! Maybe it's like that proverb about the cobblers' children going shoeless... 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, ladle said:

Finances are always a house of cards with the RHW, so who knows! Interesting that we haven't seen Brynn's apartment yet, I don't think? But I do think that, even if Brynn is wealthy now, your points about her overcompensating/deflecting could still be valid. She could still have imposter syndrome due to her background, regardless of how successful she has become.

Man, I hope that stuff is insured and her building has great security. It's not quite Lisa Rinna Versace-in-a-garage level bad, but I do cringe seeing that stuff out there on TV, laid out like a roadmap for thieves. 

I had almost forgotten about that! When Jessel mentioned that she's in PR, I nearly fell out of my chair. Girl, you have to have some sense of how you're coming across!! Maybe it's like that proverb about the cobblers' children going shoeless... 

https://www.domino.com/design-inspiration/brynn-whitfield-real-housewives-new-york-apartment-tour/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1

Love her bedroom, especially the dark wall color. Also, love her green couch except no arm rests would drive me nuts.  

I don’t know why everyone seems to love the black and white floor tile, but it seems to be so popular.  The Beverly Hills wives have it in their places as well. It never seems to match the surrounding furnishings to me. 

• Like 3

Erin is the Ultimate Mean Girl. She takes everything way too seriously and then accuses everyone of being judgmental and gets easily offended.  She kisses up to Jeana because of networking.  Otherwise, as awkward and socially inept as Jeana is, Erin is the type that could not be bothered.

She also has opened up the least about herself.  But we have learned in the HW world, that it’s often a red flag when someone portrays themselves as having the perfect husband, family, home, career, etc.

Edited by escape
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Everyone on Twitter is loving Jessel and calling her "mother." What are they seeing that I'm not? I'm glad I can come here and see the other side.

I'm not on Twitter..but I have the same view of Jessel as Jenna.

Jessel isn't mean at all, she just says what she thinks without realizing others might take it the wrong way.  Vanderpump and Cat (from DC Housewives) also ran into some of the same issues..and I think it's due to all 3 being raised in the UK.

There are times I think Erin comes off worse than Jessel.  At least Jessel had several options for food and doesn't intentionally look down on people like Erin does.

• Like 5

It's disingenuous of them to pretend that the two "events" happen to fall on the same night spontaneously.  That benefit had to have been scheduled far in advance, and the fact that there were cameras at Jenna's wasn't a last minute thing either. The ladies had no story line at the benefit other than pearl clutching over the "princess" coffee clash and the facetiming with Jenna. They certainly weren't filmed shopping or mingling with the other guests. So that conflict was a setup. 

I enjoyed the look at Brynn's apartment and the explanation that filming wasn't allowed.  She reminds me of first season Bethany, while Erin gives Jill Zarin vibes. Jessel feels very Ramona-ish, while Sai is what Alex McCord wanted to be. I guess that leaves Jenna to be Luann-ish but she's more legit nobility and losing a partner can't take that away.  So a combination of Luann and Carole?

• Like 9

rewatching they even say WHILE calling Jenna that its "some" event at her house ...which one why would you call her IF you thought it was an important event SHE was hosting... they knew what it was and two she didn't lie she was doing something AT her house lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Jessel isn't mean at all, she just says what she thinks without realizing others might take it the wrong way.  

I actually agree with you, and based on their talking heads, it seems like the women on the show do too! A few of them have now said that it's not that Jessel's a bad person -- it's just that she lacks self-awareness and then doubles down while confronted on it. Honestly, this is what makes her good TV. I don't get an evil and conniving vibe from her. I get awkward and insecure. And, I actually feel for her a little bit. I can be socially awkward too. Then again, I don't work in PR! I keep that shit in academia where it belongs.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm not on Twitter..but I have the same view of Jessel as Jenna.

Jessel isn't mean at all, she just says what she thinks without realizing others might take it the wrong way.  Vanderpump and Cat (from DC Housewives) also ran into some of the same issues..and I think it's due to all 3 being raised in the UK.

There are times I think Erin comes off worse than Jessel.  At least Jessel had several options for food and doesn't intentionally look down on people like Erin

Erin became quite the Gossiper.  She’s looking petty knocking everyone.

• Like 7
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! Andy Cohen’s writers made a funny on WWHL.

Someone who’s been making people laugh for decades, or, as Jessel would say, “an up-and-coming comedian,” Michael Rappaport.

He’s been in about 100 movies too.  Loved “Beautiful Girls” .

• Like 2
On 8/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think they made too much out of Jenna saying "event".  When she was asked if she could attend an event on Thursday, she seemed to be struggling to either remember what she had planned or to think of a word.  I don't see intent to lie to them.  Bad word choice is more likely.  Another alternative - given the way they reacted to her spending the evening with her son and goddaughter, she may not have wanted controversy over that decision.

I agree. I think if she’d said plans and not event they’d have nothing to snark over. Well, they probably still would’ve found something! I would’ve loved to have seen Jenna’s interactions with so many of those fashion guests. She must know most if not all of them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 8/14/2023 at 7:40 PM, ichbin said:

Then Jessel with that red dress with a a fabric tumor at the top where the flesh in front of her armpit is spilling over the top...she's also has a career in fashion, right?  

That flesh looks like camel toe.

• LOL 2

Jessel: "No one has EVER called me a Princess"

Maybe not to your face, Princess.

She may not necessarily be conniving and malicious, but ye gods, I can't stand her. It's fascinating to watch in a train-wreck way. Run, Pavit! Run!

Tempest in a teacup about Jenna's "event". I don't care that she lied (a white lie at most), because they would have made snide remarks regardless of what she said. She seems to make Brynn especially insecure, which is why Brynn keeps pouncing on things to pick at. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Compare & Contrast Jessel’s reaction to her twins to Brynn’s reaction to those adorable toddlers!!

I loved watching bryn with them! She really seemed to enjoy them. It was an example of that warmth that the other women talk about. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Jessel doesn’t have a sense of humor and that makes her unlikable. I don’t blame Jenna for staying in her lovely home with her family instead of going to Jessels event. I like bags but they all looked alike and were quite expensive. 
Brynn uses her childhood to rationalize acting like an asshole. She’ll cry when called out because nobody changed her diaper when she was a baby. How does she know that even happened? It seems possible that she embellishes the awfulness of her youth. 
I don’t know why it’s so important to support women if the woman in question is behaving like a stupid asshole. I don’t see Jessel as working either. It looked like she had a party for a friend who designs and does the work. Sai lucked into being successful at one of those fake jobs. I’ll give her credit, it seems to be working for her and I find her entertaining. 

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Compare & Contrast Jessel’s reaction to her twins to Brynn’s reaction to those adorable toddlers!!

The twins are adorable but I think Brynn was acting for the cameras. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Jessel talks down to everyone and when called out on it, turns it around on the other person “you’re saying I’m a bitch” “you’re saying I’m a princess” “[you] don’t support women like I do” “oh tata I’m just British!”

It’s not ‘British’ humor to be a condescending snob Princess who can’t take the slightest bit of criticism, but can certainly dish it out.

She’s so insecure, and is taking it out on everyone, especially her husband.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
37 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Jessel doesn’t have a sense of humor and that makes her unlikable. I don’t blame Jenna for staying in her lovely home with her family instead of going to Jessels event. I like bags but they all looked alike and were quite expensive. 
Brynn uses her childhood to rationalize acting like an asshole. She’ll cry when called out because nobody changed her diaper when she was a baby. How does she know that even happened? It seems possible that she embellishes the awfulness of her youth. 
I don’t know why it’s so important to support women if the woman in question is behaving like a stupid asshole. I don’t see Jessel as working either. It looked like she had a party for a friend who designs and does the work. Sai lucked into being successful at one of those fake jobs. I’ll give her credit, it seems to be working for her and I find her entertaining. 

The twins are adorable but I think Brynn was acting for the cameras. 

I cannot disagree with anything you posted, I think our Young Brynn is a good victim, not saying I do not feel for her and her history but she does lean on it in her life now, she is Betheny 2.0, young, hungry to succeed, knows people who know people, is not afraid to get her hands dirty, etc...but her apartment is gorgeous, she has style. Yes I do think the excitement of seeing the twins was a bit amped up for the cameras but I do think she likes the idea of the babies and brief interactions.

Jessel has no sense of humor unless it is her sense of humor, is that a lead in for narcissism? She had no ornaments on her tree, is that a lead in for being a psychopath?

I would like a fake job that involves high end companies sending me free shit. I did think it was a little awkward that Sai was unpacking shoes that cost more than the assistants take home in a week, her fawning all over them and basically saying "don't you wish you were me?"  Those assistants did look like they were over Sai.

4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The companies that gave Jenna jumpsuits got her last name wrong. There’s an S at the end.

I sort of noticed that, it must have been used for some one off marketing thing maybe?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erin: You’re working?

Erin: I didn’t know. I really didn’t know!

Jessel: So condescending… 

This is why I think Jessel is the jerk. 

Later Jessel mentions she is launching a new consultancy, so it 100% makes sense that Erin didn't know.  Jessel had taken time off after having the twins.  It seems she hadn't told anyone that she had started a new venture.  She just looks for conflict.  Jessel is the jerk.  You don't get to be mad at people for not knowing something you never told them.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4

I have never been a Bethenny fan because I have always found her to be abrasive, but in the early days of RHONY Bethenny worked hard to establish a product. That clip of Bethenny trying to sell her self produced brownies or scones was hilarious. Some lady came up to her wondering what aisle the ketchup (or whatever) was on. Bethenny was always looking for a product to make and promote. I don’t think we have yet seen Brynn doing anything. Calling oneself a consultant doesn’t mean anything unless one actually does something is meaningless. This may go for Jessel also but apparently some big names came to her party. Brynn has the fantastic opportunity of networking with Jenna but instead she tosses it aside by making crude fun of Jenna’s family time. Knowing important people is not enough. You have to make an effort to do something with those acquaintances. One of the things0 I like about this cast is that so many of them have actual jobs even if those jobs are non traditional.

• Like 11

The she lacks awareness for Jessel is such a copout to me. I hate when ppl say that. She’s a grown woman who works with ppl probably everyday I’m sure she knows how she’s behaving. She’s a pretentious bitch to me. Trying to act like she’s above everyone and all fancy and too good for things. She didn’t come from poverty either that’s a joke too. The I’m British is such bs too. Her accent seems really affected to me.

I wasn’t minding Brynn then she did the annoying comparison shit. Shut up Brynn lol.

• Like 8

I'm going to chalk Jenna referring to Christmas decorating with her family as an "event" to a poor choice of words. I don't blame the ladies for being confused because if I heard "event," I would assume that it was a previous engagement as well. The drama could've been avoided if she said "plans" or explained that she was spending time with her family. 

Jessel is too serious and defensive. She's the cast bitch, so she's playing her role well.

Sai has to let it go about the Hamptons and the lack of food. Erin could've been a better host, but Sai is going on too much.  

I wish I could afford Jenna's castoffs. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
On 8/14/2023 at 10:34 AM, bichonblitz said:

I don't know their ages but isn't Erin close in age to Jessel? Yet, Erin is an old hag. Ok! 

Erin just turned 36, and Jessel is 43. I don't know why she called the women old cackling hags. Brynn is 36, as well. Ubah is 39, and Sai is 42.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It was an analogy!!!! LOL.

Like when Gia was doing coke in the bathroom.

44 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Brynn rents a one bedroom apartment in West Village. So, I'm not sure how rich she is. 

She’s not.  She’s a loser. I cannot stand her.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I agree that the women are annoyed because Jenna is treated differently by the producers (I'm sure she signed a different contract than the rest of them because she was well known, and Bravo really wanted her to join the show). By telling the others about Jessel's comment (old cackling hags) played the game of the producers by creating drama, so she is not unaware of reality tv. 

Jessel is rude, and clueless. And surprise to most Americans, but the British are not that polite. Her husband might be a little passive aggressive though. The carrot in the champagne didn't have any health benefits like he claimed (it was not juice), he did it to bother her (and he succeeded). 

The bags were cute. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6

Truthfully, I think Production tells them what to say.  They all are above thinking plots for themselves.  So they think.

The fashion … not impressed .  Erins man tailored blouse with the cuffs.  They were practically hanging in her drinks.

• Like 1

I wonder if Jessel and husband married due to family pressure.  I see no chemistry between them and that carrot thing made me wonder even more.  I bet the lack of romance in the marriage has less to do with the twins than it does with the fact that they are not attracted to one another.  I could be wrong and for her sake I hope I am. 

• Like 7
On 8/16/2023 at 9:21 AM, Baltimore Betty said:
23 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Truthfully, I think Production tells them what to say.  They all are above thinking plots for themselves.  So they think.

The fashion … not impressed .  Erins man tailored blouse with the cuffs.  They were practically hanging in her drinks.

I cannot disagree with anything you posted, I think our Young Brynn is a good victim, not saying I do not feel for her and her history but she does lean on it in her life now, she is Betheny 2.0, young, hungry to succeed, knows people who know people, is not afraid to get her hands dirty, etc...but her apartment is gorgeous, she has style. Yes I do think the excitement of seeing the twins was a bit amped up for the cameras but I do think she likes the idea of the babies and brief interactions.

Jessel has no sense of humor unless it is her sense of humor, is that a lead in for narcissism? She had no ornaments on her tree, is that a lead in for being a psychopath?

I would like a fake job that involves high end companies sending me free shit. I did think it was a little awkward that Sai was unpacking shoes that cost more than the assistants take home in a week, her fawning all over them and basically saying "don't you wish you were me?"  Those assistants did look like they were over Sai.

I sort of noticed that, it must have been used for some one off marketing thing maybe?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Sai’s faulty robe they sent her is called a “second”.  My Mother was a bookkeeper in a sweater factory.  It was flawed.

I guess I missed something, Sai's Versace robe was a seconds? Was it the lettering that off center or a flaw in the fabric, what was it?

• Like 3