Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Real nice, Jessel - they weren't upset enough being called cackling hags - she had to add OLD cackling hags in the re-telling.  Totally clueless about what comes out of her mouth.  And her contempt for Pavit - all because he had a carrot in his champagne. Yes, weird but why point it out in front of others.  No wonder there's no sex life between the two of them. She belittles him - he's fairly oblivious to her. She's humorless.   

And Erin - always finds something to complain about: Someone didn't say goodbye. Someone didn't say hello.  The apology wasn't the correct apology.  The condolence was awkward.  Jessel doesn't think Tribeca is all that. The wine is horrible.

Brynn also needs to find something catty - So Jenna's excuse for nonattendance wasn't an event - but it was important (time with her son that is otherwise limited) - so while that wasn't the precise reason - for whatever reason, Jenna couldn't make it to Jessel's event. No biggie.  And Jessel was okay with it.

Ubah's seemed the least judgmental.  Perhaps, Sai after that. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 12

Jessel seems to be one of those people that reaches to find an insult in whatever someone says to her.  Previously her husband tried to explain to her that she can come off in a negative way, and she kept cutting him off claiming he was calling her a bitch.  Tonight Erin was trying to talk about how she was coming off, and she turns it into her being called a princess.  She cut both of them off. 

It was also weird the way Jessel started by saying Erin doesn't seem happy or something along those lines.  Um, yeah, her grandmother recently died. She may not be her perkiest. 

Brynn seems to have studied the show and is very aware of the things that can become storylines.  Ooh, Jenna said she had an event but she's actually spending time with her son and goddaughter.  She also had a chef there. when they were all comparing it to the other women spending time with their families, there is a big difference.  The other women have young children that live with them, so cutting out for an evening isn't a big thing.   

I would like to know what Jessel's coming to New York with nothing equaled.  From what she said previously she seemed to have a solid, supportive family that was likely at least middle class.  That is very different than pulling yourself up from poverty with no family to rely on. 

The shoes they unboxed were ugly.  I don't care how much they cost or who they designer is; ugly is ugly.  

• Like 20
17 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Jessel seems to be one of those people that reaches to find an insult in whatever someone says to her.  Previously her husband tried to explain to her that she can come off in a negative way, and she kept cutting him off claiming he was calling her a bitch.  Tonight Erin was trying to talk about how she was coming off, and she turns it into her being called a princess.  She cut both of them off. 

It was also weird the way Jessel started by saying Erin doesn't seem happy or something along those lines.  Um, yeah, her grandmother recently died. She may not be her perkiest. 

Brynn seems to have studied the show and is very aware of the things that can become storylines.  Ooh, Jenna said she had an event but she's actually spending time with her son and goddaughter.  She also had a chef there. when they were all comparing it to the other women spending time with their families, there is a big difference.  The other women have young children that live with them, so cutting out for an evening isn't a big thing.   

I would like to know what Jessel's coming to New York with nothing equaled.  From what she said previously she seemed to have a solid, supportive family that was likely at least middle class.  That is very different than pulling yourself up from poverty with no family to rely on. 

The shoes they unboxed were ugly.  I don't care how much they cost or who they designer is; ugly is ugly.  

Yes, Jessel's family is at least middle class and educated. She is from the U.K., and she speaks English as a first language, unlike many other immigrants who might not even speak the language.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

Jessel called them “cackling hags.” They, not from the UK, are uptight to take offense. But don’t you dare insinuate (Jessel’s interpretation) that she’s a “princess”! Or a “bitch”!

She needs to leave. She has so much to do. Because she’s working. She must leave because she has to remove her makeup.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

Just when I feel sympathy  for Brynn, she puts Jenna down, for calling  the tree trimming,  'an event'.  Jenna doesn't  see her son often, so maybe it's eventful,  when he  does show up to help with decorations. Petty Brynn, very petty! 

I like Erin, but she can be a bit of a princess  herself. Jessel, I'm from the UK, cackling hags is something  I heard here, around Halloween,  not there. Her husband was maybe  trying to be funny, but Jessel wouldn't  know that. What a joy she'd  be to live with. 

Not very invested tonight.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I was honestly shocked by how mean-spirited and flat-out stupid it was for anyone to go after Jenna for calling her night in “an event”, especially to the point of calling her a liar.  Bitch, decorating the Christmas tree with my child IS an event, and it’s one of the most important of the year!   Brynn won’t win any points as a result of picking THAT battle.  

Jessel and Erin are sure in a battle of egos.  I may just be a (non-cackling) old hag, but I would be annoyed as hell if I felt obligated to attend someone’s weeknight fundraiser after working all day while having a sick kiddo at home -because they insinuated I didn’t support women.  Granted, the real obligation was likely the expectation to film for her Bravo job, but that little dig of Jessel’s at their coffee meetup was shitty, and definitely calculated.  I probably would have planned to attend just to spite her, as well.  The sick kid would’ve kept me home, though.  

Brynn’s “pick me, pick me!” ways make more sense to me now, knowing her background.  It’s still disturbing and sad as we see little peeks of what’s to come in her interactions with Erin’s husband.  I suspect she’s that way any and every time there’s a male around.  It’s not becoming at all, and has me wondering if she’s about to be in danger, Girl…

Ubah looked stunning at Jessel’s fundraiser, although I haven’t really seen her NOT look stunning yet.  That dress was beautiful though, I thought - and looked amazing on her.  

I loved Jenna going through her storage, looking at items of clothing she planned to sell on Instagram.  I’m dying to know what she’s able to get for them, considering the stories behind each, I imagine the lucky winners would have to shell out a pretty penny.  When she said the reason she completes a purge like that regularly is that she has to evolve, and then that sometimes she “gets fat”, I about fell over.  Can’t even picture it, especially on her tall frame.  

Gotta love Pavit, he’s the best part of Jessel’s existence on the show, in my opinion.  One issue that I feel may be behind a lot of what seems to be Jessel’s discontent and unhappiness is that she’s not comfortable in her own skin after giving birth.  When she made such a big deal about “looking like a Christmas tree” in the lingerie she was given by Jenna, it was not just about the garment, but about her body shape.  We already know it’s affecting her sex life pretty dramatically, so it’s a big deal to her.  However, like most moms who are in the spotlight and on camera, I’m sure her post-babies body is temporary and she’ll be feeling better about herself again very soon…

Sai was pretty sweet in her mediating ways, I do think she genuinely wants there to be harmony within the group, overall.  I have to admit that my eyes glazed over at some point during the peek into what she does professionally.  I admire her hard work, her hustle, her ingenuity and am impressed by her success. She took a gamble and it paid off, hooray for the BuzzFeed article!  That world is so foreign to me, though - I just can’t relate to or understand much of it.   Great that she’s been able to make a handsome living doing something she appears to love, though.  

I love, love, love Christmas and hope to see more of the city while holiday decorations are up.  Bring on the twinkly lights!

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I was honestly shocked by how mean-spirited and flat-out stupid it was for anyone to go after Jenna for calling her night in “an event”, especially to the point of calling her a liar.  Bitch, decorating the Christmas tree with my child IS an event, and it’s one of the most important of the year!   Brynn won’t win any points as a result of picking THAT battle.  

I feel the same way.  Jenna was so nice to Brynne and said such kind things and this is the way she behaves! 

Also, Jessel is so ego centric and seems to lack normal empathy.  It's as if she is the only one in the room all the time, the only one breathing, feeling or talking.  She is insulting and doesn't care.  How can anyone be friends with her?  How can anyone be married to her?  

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

And next week we have a vow renewal, we know that it is the kiss of death for every marriage on these HW's shows so what is the motivation for this fete compli?

8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

were we really making fun of a woman spending time with her child? like i wanna make sure i have this right... a woman who doesn't have full custody of her child was made fun of on this show for taking the time to actually spend with the child?

Terrible. When I was single and shared custody with my ex I had them over the school holiday break and a guy I was dating was really put off by my lack of availabilty (he did not have kids), that told me everything I needed to know about him, I was done with him.  One one hand Jenn's kid is 15 and could stand one night out of 14 to be alone or hang with friends but on the other hand I get Jenn wanting a really excuse not to mingle with those women.

I loved those bags at the party but do I want to spend a mortgage payment on one, nah.

• Like 12
26 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And next week we have a vow renewal, we know that it is the kiss of death for every marriage on these HW's shows so what is the motivation for this fete compli?

She said they had never exchanged vows, so it isn't really a renewal... Maybe there's still hope?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

I don't think anyone was admonishing Jenna for spending time with her child. It's the fact that she lied about it. Any way you look at it, it was not an "event" and she made it sound like it was. She should have told them sorry, I have plans with my kiddo and god children that night. What's wrong with the truth? She's shady.

I don't know their ages but isn't Erin close in age to Jessel? Yet, Erin is an old hag. Ok! 

Have we seen Brynn's home yet? Just curious. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

When I was single and shared custody with my ex I had them over the school holiday break and a guy I was dating was really put off by my lack of availabilty (he did not have kids), that told me everything I needed to know about him, I was done with him.

This reminds me of when Eboni joined NYC; she made a comment about being put off  that her boyfriend chose quarantining with his children in NJ over staying with her during the height of COVID. She couldn't understand why 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think anyone was admonishing Jenna for spending time with her child. It's the fact that she lied about it. Any way you look at it, it was not an "event" and she made it sound like it was. She should have told them sorry, I have plans with my kiddo and god children that night. What's wrong with the truth? She's shady.

I don't know their ages but isn't Erin close in age to Jessel? Yet, Erin is an old hag. Ok! 

Have we seen Brynn's home yet? Just curious. 

Brynn made it a big deal ... she doesn't have full custody of her child and it was the holidays .. that WAS an event with her CHILD .. again brynn of all people should have got that and not went on and on and on

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Jenna may have found it easier to claim she had an event, especially with some of these women. She knows they will accept having an event as a valid excuse, whereas, some may not understand her desire to be with her child rather than the other cackling old hags. She seems like she would rather not have to explain herself to people that don't understand her point of view. Just a theory

• Like 20
  • Applause 3

Erin can be a bit of a judgmental sour puss, but I love her style:  her wardrobe, her jewelry, even her hair. I’d probably single white female the hell outta her if I had that body!  

This cast has gorgeous clothes, maybe boring to some, but much classier than the All-Boobs-All-The-Time look of most Housewives. 

“sequins on a plant”  lol 

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, Jessel's family is at least middle class and educated. She is from the U.K., and she speaks English as a first language, unlike many other immigrants who might not even speak the language.

On every housewife show, there’s always one villan.  Jessel is this shows villan.  Actually, she was very nice on WWHL.  Guess it’s her job to be the Bitch.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Again, Jenna should have been truthful then nobody would be able to say a thing about it. Instead, she made up the event lie. 

I think they made too much out of Jenna saying "event".  When she was asked if she could attend an event on Thursday, she seemed to be struggling to either remember what she had planned or to think of a word.  I don't see intent to lie to them.  Bad word choice is more likely.  Another alternative - given the way they reacted to her spending the evening with her son and goddaughter, she may not have wanted controversy over that decision.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Brynn compared Jenna's event - tree trimming with her family - with taking a dump.  So mean.  She didn't lie, but maybe she knew enough about these cackling hags to know they'd shit on her plans.  

I like Erin and maybe its because her defenses are up, but it seems like she's looking for reasons to be offended.  Still liking her and Jenna the most.

Sai, let it go, with the food.  It's as bad as Jessell with the gifted lingerie.  Where are their manners.  I can't imagine accepting an invitation to someone's home and just bashing them over and over.  its gross.  

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think Jenna may have found it easier to claim she had an event, especially with some of these women. She knows they will accept having an event as a valid excuse, whereas, some may not understand her desire to be with her child rather than the other cackling old hags. She seems like she would rather not have to explain herself to people that don't understand her point of view. Just a theory

I think your theory is good. I have a theory that Jenna’s contract is a little different than some of the others. She may have more of a say in what “events” she attends. It seemed to be okay with production that she was at home decorating with family. I’m sure that Bravo wanted to get her on the show. This may cause resentments from some of the lesser lights like Jessel and Brynn.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

give brynn some rando to flirt with and she wouldn't have even noticed

I wish the guy in the red scarf show up in some bar the housewives are in, I'd love to see Brynn in action.

Did anyone think it was strange that Jessel had no ornaments on her Christmas tree, just lights.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

I'm still enjoying the show! I feel like the women are a really nice mix of personalities, and Jessel's lack of self-awareness makes for great TV.

I also appreciate that the "cackling hags" plot point seems to have been dropped after 1.5 episodes, whereas in any other franchise it would have been a season-long arc.  

I like Ubah's personality and she can be really funny, but she seems more like a Friend Of, at this point.

Does it technically count as a "vow renewal" if you didn't say your vows the first time? Because, if so... Erin, you in danger, girl. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, janiema said:

I think your theory is good. I have a theory that Jenna’s contract is a little different than some of the others. She may have more of a say in what “events” she attends. It seemed to be okay with production that she was at home decorating with family. I’m sure that Bravo wanted to get her on the show. This may cause resentments from some of the lesser lights like Jessel and Brynn.

Production was obviously okay with Jenna skipping Jessel's event as they filmed at her apartment! 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Production was obviously okay with Jenna skipping Jessel's event as they filmed at her apartment! 

Maybe that's  why she struggled with how to answer when  asked if she could attend Jessel's event.  Jenna couldn't say  if you look at the call sheet you'll see we have concurrent filming scheduled.  They always act like people come up with these plans a week in advance at most.  They all had to know where they were expected to be. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Wasn't the son throwing ornaments on the tree, as opposed to hanging them?

He was on top of a ladder  at one point. I thought  they were throwing  strands of tinsel  at the tree, something  my kids did all the time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

He was on top of a ladder  at one point. I thought  they were throwing  strands of tinsel  at the tree, something  my kids did all the time.

He threw little ball ornaments when he was off the ladder. I don't think there was any tinsel. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

Brynn compared Jenna's event - tree trimming with her family - with taking a dump.  So mean.  She didn't lie, but maybe she knew enough about these cackling hags to know they'd shit on her plans.  

I like Erin and maybe its because her defenses are up, but it seems like she's looking for reasons to be offended.  Still liking her and Jenna the most.

Sai, let it go, with the food.  It's as bad as Jessell with the gifted lingerie.  Where are their manners.  I can't imagine accepting an invitation to someone's home and just bashing them over and over.  its gross.  

HaHa!  Sai brags about her dinners and parties.  But, does she do the preparing, cooking, etc.?   I saw a bartender, cook, and server doing everything.  She did nothing but give orders.  I think anyhow.

• Like 8

Mistake, sorry.  Anyhow, I said in the beginning I didn’t like the show, but here I am watching all the episodes.  Think I’m liking it.  Anything about N.Y.C. Is great.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Sorry, I'm confusing Jenns and Jessels.  ;)

At least there aren't 27 different Joes (I'm lookin' at you, RHONJ!)

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Maybe that's  why she struggled with how to answer when  asked if she could attend Jessel's event.  Jenna couldn't say  if you look at the call sheet you'll see we have concurrent filming scheduled.  They always act like people come up with these plans a week in advance at most.  They all had to know where they were expected to be. 

I had assumed that Jenna remembered that she had a conflict but didn't remember exactly what it was, which is why she called it an "event." But I also like the theory that she was using "event" as code for "different filming obligation." I also buy the theory that Brynn -- and to a lesser extent, Sai -- has an underlying annoyance that Jenna may have a better contract/higher salary, which explains why she's always comparing herself to Jenna in terms of how Jenna is able to "get away with" things.

• Like 16
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I had assumed that Jenna remembered that she had a conflict but didn't remember exactly what it was, which is why she called it an "event." But I also like the theory that she was using "event" as code for "different filming obligation." I also buy the theory that Brynn -- and to a lesser extent, Sai -- has an underlying annoyance that Jenna may have a better contract/higher salary, which explains why she's always comparing herself to Jenna in terms of how Jenna is able to "get away with" things.

I'm going to offer another theory: Brynn is extremely insecure because she's a pretender and worried about being exposed and this manifests itself as

1. Acting like certain things are beneath her (the "I would never be caught dead at [redacted] business" from the first episode) in order to sell the persona she wants to adopt for herself;

2 (a) Fixating on any perceived difference in how she's treated versus how someone else is treated (the underlying fear being, "Am I being treated different because they know I'm not one of them");

2 (b) Trying to get everyone else to fixate on how someone else is supposedly treated differently so that that person will be the "outsider" so that she isn't playing that role herself, and attention will be deflected away from her so that she's not getting too much scrutiny.

I've seen articles which claim that she's either the richest of the cast or the second richest after Jenna, but based on what we've seen I find that very suspect. I'm fully prepared to be proven wrong as the season goes on and Brynn demonstrates that she lives a lifestyle on par with her castmates, but as of right now I think that either she's one of those people who is wealthy on paper but not in cash (like how Elizabeth Holmes was considered a billionaire based on her ownership of Tharanos before that house of cards collapsed) or that she's not even wealthy on paper but has managed to bluff her way to this point regardless.

9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

On every housewife show, there’s always one villan.  Jessel is this shows villan.  Actually, she was very nice on WWHL.  Guess it’s her job to be the Bitch.

She's sure earning that paycheck then.

• Like 12
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3