Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E05: Seeing Red

• Start Topic

The designers are forced to share a single bolt of fabric to demonstrate how they can stand out from one another and prove why they're the top designer; actor, producer and Emmy Award-winning writer Lena Waithe joins as guest judge.

Didn't Korto just say "that basket weave dress I did season 8"?  But that was season 5. Season 8 was the season of Gretchen.

I don't like that color of red they're reason. It's kind of a wimpy red.

• Like 4
(edited)

Hester's pants - at the waist - looks like the model has an extra belly button.

Maybe if Hester had used the time she spent on her hat on her garment instead . .  

And Korto is keeping it classy by petulantly complaining about how Anna is repeating herself. But what about Korto's woven top? Didn't she say she was deliberately copying her seat belt dress from season 5?

Bit I thought Anna was going to be on the bottom, so was surprised she is on the top.

Happy Brittany did so well. I hope she wins the challenge.

I think Fabio's model did not do his garment any favors.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 21
10 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Hester's pants - at the waist - looks like the model has an extra belly button.

Maybe if Hester had used the time she spent on her hat on her garment instead . .  

And Korto is keeping it classy by petulantly complaining about how Anna is repeating herself. But what about Korto's woven top? Didn't she say she was deliberately copying her seat belt dress from season 5?

Bit I thought Anna was going to be on the bottom, so was surprised she is on the top.

Happy Brittany did so well. I hope she wins the challenge.

I think Fabio's model did not do his garment any favors.

Bold = 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Hester's hat is the right red, but not sure it's the same fabric after all. She would have had to spend a lot of time shredding the fabric.

Yay to Kara Saun and Rami for speaking up for Anna! Kayne is not exactly the master of innovative and original looks himself.

I wonder why Korto is so sour.

• Like 23

Anna’s dress was ugly and repetitive, but so was Korto’s. The named the right winner and sent the right person home. 

I love me some Fabio, but that garment was awful. I liked Rami’s dress, but Lena was right. The zippers were too small to have made a detailing difference adn there was some puckering. A dress that simple needed to be perfect. It wasn’t. I say that when Rami is one of my all time favorites.

Bishme’s was interesting, but those sleeves were silly and poorly constructed. 

• Like 17

Kayne was being a bitchbaby shit stirrer calling Anna disrespectful. Why didn't he take his doughy ass out to the judges and demand answers from them? I wish Anna had rolled her eyes at that bully and told him to kiss her black ass.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

Darn them for making me feel sorry for Anna.  It wasn’t her fault the judges put her in the top.  I don’t blame the guest judge who hadn’t seen Anna’s other dress.  I wonder if Corto was going to do something African inspired (she said her next look would be) but thought she shouldn’t repeat herself from the same season. 

• Like 19
Just now, patty1h said:

Kayne was being a bitchbaby shit stirrer calling Anna disrespectful. Why didn't he take his doughy ass out to the judges and demand answers from them? I wish Anna had rolled her eyes at that bully and told him to kiss her black ass.

Ha!  Great minds using the same description at the same moment for Kayne !

• Like 6

For those who wondered why Viktor and not Anna was eliminated now know why. LOL. Viktor made up with Korto so his drama arc ended but the producers are going to milk her for everything they can. Korto vs. Anna - who will make it the farthest? Not based on the clothes but the drama. 😝

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 4

Nina made me nervous when she said the auf'd this week was going to be so painful. Iirc, Nina was a big fan of Hester's in her season so I worried for Rami. Because upset over booting Hester? No, no. It's a good thing. No Siriano Save for her.

Must have been hard to find material with a color that crappy. The runway hurt my eyes. And the judges hurt my ears. I don't know if I'm going to make it to the finale. Same for you, Kayne.

• Like 16

This was a great challenge. I really liked the idea of everyone having to use the same fabric and only wish the designers had been given more time. Brittany's look was my favorite, though everyone except Hester did a good (Rami, Laurance) to great (Kara Saun, Brittany) job. I'm just glad that Rami and Bishme were safe. Trying to figure out these judges from week to week is a fool's errand. I never know, and neither do the designers, what they're going to like or why. Hell even Brandon and Elaine didn't know which direction Nina was headed with her supposed alarm!

Agree with everyone upthread about the Anna pile-on. The judging is not her fault. While I don't have any memory of Kayne from his season, I do remember Korto being a mean-spirited and petty whiner when things didn't go her way then, too (and damn that vocal fry of hers is unbearable). When she pontificated that the dust-up that her and Kayne engineered was going to divide the group? That there was some bullshit. Also, her dress last week wasn't all that and shouldn't have been the winner.

I liked the guest judge and loved the photos they showed of her different looks. She made a granny-square cardigan look cool, ha ha!

• Like 15
(edited)

Bishme's look stood out. It wasn't minimalist. And it didn't rely on draping. So why not put him in the top?

Kudos to Kara Saun for gathering everyone on the importance of not bringing negativity to the workroom. I however, am at home, so negative I shall be: Anna's dress is clear bottom level bullshit.

The judges took a puzzling route, but at least they got to the right choices for winner and loser of the episode. 

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 13
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder why Korto is so sour.

Ikr!  She seems to have quite the chip on her shoulder.  I'm really beginning to be turned off by her attitude.  Maybe she's upset that she didn't get 10 Gs with her win last week. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 4