Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, DHDancer said:

Was there ever any explanation for why The Martian was categorized as a comedy?

Apparently, the HFPA was allowed to vote on whether it should be classified as a comedy or drama, and comedy won by two votes.  There was an article about it last year (that I believe I read here)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DHDancer said:

Was there ever any explanation for why The Martian was categorized as a comedy?

A "drama with comedic overtones" was considered to be a comedy (and at least win something since it wasn't going up against the Revenant.)  The Globes finally realized how stupid it was and changed the rules.

• Love 3
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

It won't win but Sing Street is far more deserving than La La Land, if only because we can ACTUALLY HEAR AND UNDERSTAND THE SINGERS. Seriously, how that didn't automatically disqualify La La is beyond me. 

To me there was perfection in the imperfections of La La Land. I liked that the singing and dancing were not perfect. I found it oddly charming but I can see how it could be annoying for some.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

All I can say is that if she wants to run for President in 2020?  She's got my vote.  Period.  End of story.

It would be interesting if she ran for public office. Trump will probably make fun of the fact that Meryl often used different accents when she performed in her films. She took away jobs from actresses that used that native accent. 

• Love 6

Did not know Brad Pitt was a producer of Moonlight.  The man knows how to pick them.  Of course, he's now single again, right when the true love of his life, George Clooney, finally ties the knot!

Damn, Moonlight better get in my area soon.  It looks fantastic!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 12
Just now, oakville said:

It would be interesting if she ran for public office. Trump will probably make fun of the fact that Meryl often used different accents when she performed in her films. She took away jobs from actresses that used that native accent. 

Pfft.  If that's the worst thing he can say about her, then let him bring it on.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

So I take it with the amount of cheering, the crowd is NOT on #TeamAngelina? 

Was there ever a doubt? Dude, people love Brad Pitt. They loved Brad all the while the Team Angelina v. Team Jennifer stuff was happening. Wendy Williams, the airhead that she is, tried to say he was over right after the separation was announced and all the allegations about him and Maddox and Harvey from TMZ, who was on her show, scoffed and was like, "um no, he's not." Not to mention, I should have known one of the big films this year was from Plan B - his and his partners' production company. Brad and his team have had amazing instincts with their films in the last five years or so. 

• Love 12

Whoa Whoa!  NBC is making a Taken series?  And Rollo from Vikings is playing Brian, now?  Honestly, I'm almost surprised that Liam Neeson didn't just agree to reprise him, since he's not really pick much lately.

Score one for the Man Bun!

• Love 1

Not surprised that La La Land won.  I liked the remarks from the first guy but I was rolling my eyes at the second guy's obviously pre-prepared speech about hopes and dreams and whatnot.  I thought it was especially funny when he got cut off right as he said "and now more than ever..." because I was sure it was going to be something about Trump.  I get it.  Hollywood hates Trump.  Doesn't mean I need to keep hearing about it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MattDuffysCat said:

Are Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone still together or is that way over?

3 hours ago, MattDuffysCat said:

Are Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone still together or is that way over?

3 hours ago, double-elvis said:

Way over. Sob.

they have gone the way of Gosling and Mcadams but until they find another there is still always hope.

• Love 5