Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

LOL Entertainment Weekly was right when they said to go with the biggest name on the ballot.

This. My heart wanted so much for Rami to win, as he deserved it last year, but I knew HFPA voters would go with Billy Bob. It is absurd that Christian Slater has a Globe for Mr. Robot, the show has won and the guy who essentially carries it and is the most compelling part of it, doesn't have a win. And geez, just how much ass kissing of the HFPA did Tom Ford do that his flop film that has barely been acknowledged throughout award season not only racks up a ton of nominations tonight but a win for Aaron Taylor Johnson? Who incidentally, every time I see just think about the fact that his wife is like 20+ years his senior and got with him when he was 16 and she was directing him in a film.

• Love 3

I'm confused with the phrasing on "Golden Globe winner nominated for Florence Foster Jenkins Hugh Grant."

Are they making two references there? Hugh has won for something in the past, or did he win for this current movie in a different cermony like they sometimes do?

The commercial for The Santa Clarita Diet was incredibly gross.

• Love 2
Just now, DHDancer said:

Hugh Grant has aged so well.  Handsome, distinguished.  Be still my heart.

Yes, and no noteworthy "work." I'm sure he's a prick in real life but he comes off as so witty and over it (in an unstudied way.)

Is there a more depressing phrase than "the upcoming movie 'Baywatch'"?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

a win for Aaron Taylor Johnson? Who incidentally, every time I see just think about the fact that his wife is like 20+ years his senior and got with him when he was 16 and she was directing him in a film.

Wait, what? OMG! When I first saw them in the audience I was sure he was with his mom until he won and kissed her. I have no idea who he is or what he was nominated for but, EWWWW! 

• Love 7
Just now, Fostersmom said:

Wait, what? OMG! When I first saw them in the audience I was sure he was with his mom until he won and kissed her. I have no idea who he is or what he was nominated for but, EWWWW! 

Oh good I am not the only one who thought this!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, megwhite said:

I like Blackish, but Rachel Bloom shoulda of won!

Admittedly I don't watch Crazy Ex Girlfriend, but Tracee was note perfect in an episode this season where she struggles with her cultural identity.  Heartfelt and gut busting hilarious, and I hope it's what she submits for the Emmys. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Okay that was pleasantly unexpected. I'm totally fine with Tracy getting that win and clearly the producers of the show didn't expect her to win since they seemed to put her near the damn bathroom. 

All the  TV people are way in the back,  aren't they?  I squeed when TRE won.  I find blackish pretty consistently entertaining and occasionally thought-provoking as well.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Did Denzel gain weight for Fences, or did he just get fluffy?

He said he gained weight for Fences but I think he was lying just a little.  I think he just got fluffy.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I'm confused with the phrasing on "Golden Globe winner nominated for Florence Foster Jenkins Hugh Grant."

Are they making two references there? Hugh has won for something in the past, or did he win for this current movie in a different cermony like they sometimes do?

The wording on the voiceover was "now with Golden Globe winner tonight for Florence Foster Jenkins, Hugh Grant" which startled me, making me wonder if I'd missed an award.  Grant won the GG for 4WaaF over 2 decades ago.

• Love 1