Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I haven't seen CAROL yet but this tweet by the always sharp Louis Virtel blew my mind:

Louis Virtel ‏@louisvirtel 2h2 hours ago

"Carol" should be called "Katharine Hepburn/Audrey Hepburn Erotic Fan-Fic."
164 retweets 306 likes

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3

I still can't believe that Jonathan from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is such a successful writer. In addition to "Empire", he's written  or co-written "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts I and II". 

• Love 5

Her dress is doing unfortunate things to her midsection. 

She's a lovely woman with a great figure. But to wear that fabric in white in such a clingy design, you need to be a  .... skeleton or something.  Lots of seam clumpage down the side.  A great dress, just made up in the wrong fabric. 

I still can't believe that Jonathan from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is such a successful writer. In addition to "Empire", he's written  or co-written "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts I and II".

He also won an Emmy for the TV Movie, "Game Change."  Although, I still love him as Danny Siegel on Mad Men.

• Love 2

At least Jennifer tone down the "quirkiness", but her fawning over David O. Russell was over-the-top and kind of problematic.  I worry that she is going to keep working him (because as she admit, he seems to get her these awards), and she isn't going to actually branch out and try other things.  Now that the Hunger Games are done, this would be the best opportunity to try and stretch herself, and I worry she's just going to keep working with him, in hopes he'll get her a second Oscar.

• Love 2

Tariji seemed completely trashed.   I wonder if the actors look at clips the next day and cringe?  Or do they think they're funny?

I have seen her on a couple of talk shows lately, and she ... well ... always comes across that way.  I don't think she is trashed.  I think that is just the way she is. 

Edited to add:  or she is just always trashed, lol  ....maybe you're right

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

Jennifer Lawrence? Eh, she's alright but I didn't think it was GG worthy.

At least Jennifer tone down the "quirkiness", but her fawning over David O. Russell was over-the-top and kind of problematic.  I worry that she is going to keep working him (because as she admit, he seems to get her these awards),

I'm more concerned that Russell has a rep of being an abusive jerk. During American Hustle he was abusive to Amy Adams that even Christian Bale called him for going over the top. And if Bale tells you that you have rage issues, then you have a problem. Worse Lawrence seems to think that's normal like a sports coach so she'll probably put up with it for the long term.

• Love 14

At least Jennifer tone down the "quirkiness", but her fawning over David O. Russell was over-the-top and kind of problematic.  I worry that she is going to keep working him (because as she admit, he seems to get her these awards), and she isn't going to actually branch out and try other things.  Now that the Hunger Games are done, this would be the best opportunity to try and stretch herself, and I worry she's just going to keep working with him, in hopes he'll get her a second Oscar.

She's got other directors lined up, including Spielberg.

Oh great, Jim Carey, like Will Ferrell wan't bad enough. 

He's had a rough patch with his on and off girlfriend dying a few months ago and was said to be devastated.  So I'm just hoping he's doing ok. 

• Love 3

There's a part of me that really wants to see The Revenant, and a bigger part of me that doesn't want to shell out the money even though I'm sure it'll be good.

Aaaand....having Jim Carrey here makes as much sense as The Martian winning the Best Comedy award.

It should be interesting with the Academy Award nominations how people/movies fair when they are not in these clusterfuck of categories. Though I do wish that the Academy Awards had a comedy category, but with actual comedies in it.

I have to admit hoping for some love for The Big Short, but that isn't happening.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

I HATE when they make a joke out of announcing a win in a big category like Jim Carey just did.  It's not YOUR MOMENT.  

Be funny at the start if you want to, if you can ... whatever ... but then please just open the envelope and  announce who won and get out of the damn way. 

• Love 8

Tariji seemed completely trashed.   I wonder if the actors look at clips the next day and cringe?  Or do they think they're funny?

I'm still laughing at her yelling "Get off mah train!" I'm gonna go with trashed. Also, either people kept bumping into the back of her head and jacked up her hair, or she took a nap and woke up with bed head.