Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chapter Three

• Start Topic

The problem for Carrie and her work ethic (or lack thereof) is that she doesn't financially need to work so whatever she does is more of a hobby than an actual job, so it doesn't really impact her if she flakes out. In certainly impacts the people that she was working with, but that doesn't seem to register with her. It's about staying somewhat culturally relevant and giving her something to fill her day. I actually think that they're struggling to find a good story for Carrie outside of dealing with Big's death because the job that defined her for so long really isn't a good fit for a woman in her late 50s and because she doesn't need to work to earn a living and support herself, she doesn't need to see anything through. This is why I felt that leaving her with a huge amount of wealth was going to be a problem with her storyline because if a "job" she has falls through or she quits, it's not going to be any kind of a problem for her. She'll still have more than enough money to lavishly support her for the rest of her life.

I was rewatching the scene between Miranda and Che after the filming and while Miranda was wrong to bring her phone to the taping, there is no way that Che didn't come across as the most self-centered asshole on the planet. The way they tried to downplay what Brady was going through and refer to him as some "kid" and completely seeming to ignore that this was Miranda's child. And that they was actually really angry that Miranda was leaving temporarily because her child needed her. It just cements how toxic a dynamic they have and that Che really does see this relationship as Miranda existing just to support them. I never liked this relationship and never felt that it made sense. It was all about Cynthia Nixon wanting to play out her personal story through her character, but the least they could have done was make their relationship a healthy one so that I wasn't screaming expletives at my television every time they are in a scene together. Miranda has gone from an intelligent, independent, driven professional woman to a goofy old lady with nothing in her life outside of satisfying the needs of her emotional black hole of a partner.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I think reaction to the Che/Miranda scene depends a lot on viewer backgrounds, and I’m referring specifically to mine. I’ve cried like that over breakups, and I learned how to deal with disappointments like that on my own. My parents never coddled me over relationships and they sure as hell wouldn’t race to my side to console me.

The point of that scene for me was that Miranda should have been at home in New York in the first place, not chasing her lover with whom she had a full blown extra marital affair. I agree that the relationship is toxic and onscreen it just doesn’t work.

Che’s reaction was harsh, but I felt the same frustration with Miranda that Che did. Miranda ruined the taping. If she needed to mom, she should have stayed outside to mom. I think Che would have understood that. 

To me Brady doesn’t get to be a complete and total shithead manchild in Season 1 and a blubbering mama’s boy in Season 2. 

For me the overarching issue is that this new abducted by aliens Miranda is a complete flake with a total inability to set boundaries. Brady is a monster child she (and MPK) created. Maybe being walked all over by her child in her own home is what fueled the dissatisfaction with her life because I know a woman or two who would be delighted by an ice cream sundae and tv ritual with a spouse. I can’t relate to Miranda and I can’t relate to Brady, but I can relate to Che’s annoyance and frustration because I am annoyed and frustrated. Miranda’s the worst. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Tom Hanks has Play Tone Productions. This series must be produced by Tone Deaf Productions.

Objectifying the sound guy. Proud of being MILFs. Objectifying an underage kid. Pretending to have a deadly disease that killed many thousands. Spending gazillions at Bergdorf's on a whim. Entitled Miranda ruining an expensive production with her phone "because I'm a mom." One of these would be annoying; one after the other is mind-boggling. The writers appear to believe they are writing charming whimsy.

At least Miranda's fashion has improved now that she's back to being a mom.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, cardigirl said:

She was embroidering her lie. How does she know she has COVID, if she's asymptomatic? She wouldn't, unless a test told her. She made it up. 

The joke was that she was getting COVID after it was passé . 

I thought this episode was okay, but the MILF list was just stupid. So none of these women are evolved enough to not care about some teenager's list? Idiots! 

Listen, if the only showed people who never did anything dumb or immature, there wouldn’t be a plot.  TV is heightened reality.  Of course, grown women wouldn’t act like this.  That’s why it’s funny.  I have no problem pointing out logical plot holes, though.  I also have no problem criticizing the characters for their behavior within the show, that’s part of the fun.  But I feel compelled to defend the writers of the MILF plot.  It’s just absurd and funny that there would be this list, and that these women would care (because, of course, they would.  They’re shallow sometimes.). But once you accept the premise, there is no logical “plot hole” with it, so there’s that.  

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think reaction to the Che/Miranda scene depends a lot on viewer backgrounds, and I’m referring specifically to mine. I’ve cried like that over breakups, and I learned how to deal with disappointments like that on my own. My parents never coddled me over relationships and they sure as hell wouldn’t race to my side to console me.

The point of that scene for me was that Miranda should have been at home in New York in the first place, not chasing her lover with whom she had a full blown extra marital affair. I agree that the relationship is toxic and onscreen it just doesn’t work.

Che’s reaction was harsh, but I felt the same frustration with Miranda that Che did. Miranda ruined the taping. If she needed to mom, she should have stayed outside to mom. I think Che would have understood that. 

To me Brady doesn’t get to be a complete and total shithead manchild in Season 1 and a blubbering mama’s boy in Season 2. 

For me the overarching issue is that this new abducted by aliens Miranda is a complete flake with a total inability to set boundaries. Brady is a monster child she (and MPK) created. Maybe being walked all over by her child in her own home is what fueled the dissatisfaction with her life because I know a woman or two who would be delighted by an ice cream sundae and tv ritual with a spouse. I can’t relate to Miranda and I can’t relate to Brady, but I can relate to Che’s annoyance and frustration because I am annoyed and frustrated. Miranda’s the worst. 

Quick question- if Miranda did eventually marry Steve after Brady was born ( which she did), wouldn’t his name be Brady Brady?  Steve is his father.  Even people who are not married usually give the kid the dad’s last name, if the dad is in their life and parenting the kid.  If they actually do get married, that’s even more reason.  But Brady is still Hobbs?  That has NEVER made sense to me. I can see a woman keeping her maiden name.  But a kid?  I’ve never heard of that.  I always thought this was soooooo stupid.  They should’ve foreseen the Brady Brady possibility.  I just don’t think anybody would do this with a kid’s name unless they knew they would never marry the father and the father wouldn’t play a big role in the kid’s life, but they just wanted the kid to have something to remember the father.  If the writers knew they would probably get them married eventually, they never should have named the kid Brady.  He will always be Brady Brady to me.

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

Quick question- if Miranda did eventually marry Steve after Brady was born ( which she did), wouldn’t his name be Brady Brady?  Steve is his father.  Even people who are not married usually give the kid the dad’s last name, if the dad is in their life and parenting the kid.  If they actually do get married, that’s even more reason.  But Brady is still Hobbs?  That has NEVER made sense to me. I can see a woman keeping her maiden name.  But a kid?  I’ve never heard of that.  I always thought this was soooooo stupid.  They should’ve foreseen the Brady Brady possibility.  I just don’t think anybody would do this with a kid’s name unless they knew they would never marry the father and the father wouldn’t play a big role in the kid’s life, but they just wanted the kid to have something to remember the father.  If the writers knew they would probably get them married eventually, they never should have named the kid Brady.  He will always be Brady Brady to me.

That was the Miranda we used to know. She wanted their son to have her name, and she named him Brady to honor Steve. 

My cousin hyphenated and they took each other’s names legally. So did Paul and Bessy on Sort Of. I like that.

• Like 2

Miranda flew home to help Brady deal with the breakup, she sat in her living room waiting for Brady to come home...where was Steve? Did Steve know Miranda was going to be home? Maybe Miranda should have had a call with Steve on camera about their son and came up with a plan for helping their kid? Now all I can think of is Steve coming downstairs and seeing Miranda in the living room, might have been a surprise and not a pleasant one?

• Like 4
On 7/1/2023 at 2:39 PM, cpcathy said:

Carrie really balks at most work, I can’t imagine lying to get out of something as simple as reading a book aloud. She poo poo’d writing anything in Paris, even to try to get it published later on. I agree with the comment that SJP is phoning it in, the character is so morose and whoa is me, all while being incredibly self involved and prudish.

At least within the course of this series, she's co-hosted one podcast, then hosted another and wrote a book.  I don't see that as balking at most work.  With this episode, I understood why having to relive what would have been one of the worst moments in her life, her husband dying, initially made her not want to continue doing the audio for her book.  However, she did get back on the horse within the course of a few days.   

• Like 4

Brady’s heartbreak wasn’t the only reason Miranda decided to rush home.  She was terrified he might hurt himself since Brady sobbed that he wished the car had hit him while talking to her on the phone.

• Like 6

The phone thing...

Face Timing is an IPhone thing. It's just video calling or video chatting on Android. There's also a Google Meet App. People may have started calling everything Face Timing the way a lot of people called any MP3 players IPODS.

Why would it be unthinkable for someone who once had/used  an IPhone to buy an Android phone?

One company getting everyone's business and having no competition  or nearly no competition makes me extremely nervous. "All power  tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts, absolutely.-" Lord Acton

It's been alleged  conditions are so bad in Apple / IPhone factories workers have jumped to their deaths necessitating a fence around the factory designed to prevent that. I recall a 60 minutes piece on   it.

The dark truth about Apple's  factory in china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgUIegSeR0c&ab_channel=ThinkingNow

Someone who has a strong  activist streak and pitches in cleaning beaches might be aware of this. Also Miranda  quit her job as a corporate lawyer in season 1 to get a graduate degree in human rights (that's where she befriended her professor, Dr. Nya Wallace). What happened to that?

I have an Android phone. I always have one that's lets just say... not the latest  greatest technology wise. I'm frugal and I'm not on my phone all the time. I'm  also not great at using tech gadgets as I didn't come of age when kids all had a phone and learned on computers in school. The silent feature or vibrate instead of ring choice  has been on all my old crummy phones and it isn't  at all difficult to employ. That's how my hearing impaired friend knows when she's getting a message.🙄

I'd imagine there are plenty of situations like  school sessions, tests,  corporate meetings,  job interviews etc where one doesn't want their phone to ring aloud. Brady wasn't going to blink and be at Miranda's side or vice versa so there's no reason Miranda couldn't have gone into Che's taping with her phone on vibrate.

At this point Che is barely on my radar when I think about what is spoiling AJLT for me. It's Miranda abandoning every personality trait  and belief system that was ever part of her, i.e. becoming Cynthia Nixon. I've already stated how KD's  portrayal of Charlotte now that she's verging on 60  drives me right up the wall, so I won't say it again.

Carrie could be working on / selling a line of clothing or shoes. She could be working at a fashion magazine, not just writing freelance articles. Or she could be working in  the fashion industry... the runway shows that happen in NYC  surely take many hands to come off smoothly. She could even be introducing the designers  and speaking  about her love of fashion as she's  supposed to be a local celebrity, right? Or she could be attending the shows as a writer / fashion critic.

She could be writing another book, one on sex and or relationships... maybe one that requires research and interviewing people. Miss Ican'tsayvagina was supposed to have been a sex columnist, right?

Maybe there's some cause Carrie has always cared about but couldn't be involved with when she was working,  that she could now devote time to. Homelessness, animal welfare, the environment. She could get involved in local politics  and try to do something about  the astronomical rise in NYC rents. What are they averaging now 5k a month? Could her 30something self  and her 3 friends move to NYC and  establish themselves today? That might be the thing she's motivated to get involved with.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 5:17 AM, luna1122again said:

carrie-bradshaw-shoes-6.webp

These shoes are fugly as hell. And I have to wonder if those red monstrosities have any flexibility in them, because I can just imagine taking a step forward and ending up with a big bruise on the front of my ankle.

• Like 6
On 7/1/2023 at 1:19 PM, RedInk said:

Also, just my 2 cents, but that kid looked like a kid - like a run-of-the-mill high school senior. It *might* have been a funnier gag if they’d hired a model who appeared clearly older/more mature

I agree with you. He clearly looked like a high school kid and that's why it was so jarring.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, T Summer said:

She could get involved in local politics  and try to do something about  the astronomical rise in NYC rents.

To be honest, now that Miranda as decamped back to NY, I'm expecting them to follow the CN playbook and have her launch a quixotic bid for governor. 

The problem with Carrie doing anything like that is that I just don't get anything outside of fashion and herself that she's actually interested in supporting any kind of cause. She never has been an altruistic kind of person, even when she was younger. The Met Gala wasn't about supporting the foundation for her - it was to show up in a spectacular dress. Everything about her character arc on the show was about satisfying her needs and she would drop a task the instant it became inconvenient to whatever she wanted to do at that moment. Like dropping her writing when she went off to Paris with Alexander. What would have prevented her from writing while she was there? But then, that would have prevented her from complaining that she was left home and bored while he was actually working. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

To be honest, now that Miranda as decamped back to NY, I'm expecting them to follow the CN playbook and have her launch a quixotic bid for governor. 

Probably not governor but maybe city council.  Or Che comes back to NYC and they get married.

The problem with Carrie doing anything like that is that I just don't get anything outside of fashion and herself that she's actually interested in supporting any kind of cause.

She couldn't be bothered to be interested in causes when she was dating the politician.  Didn't she say she didn't vote?  Ever.

Everything about her character arc on the show was about satisfying her needs and she would drop a task the instant it became inconvenient to whatever she wanted to do at that moment.

She is still that person.  She is performative.  She wants to be looked at as doing something without having to do the heavy lifting. 

14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

These shoes are fugly as hell.

The designer must have paid them a lot of money for that product placement.  I love shoes. I especially love heels but those are beyond ugly.

16 hours ago, T Summer said:

Why would it be unthinkable for someone who once had/used  an IPhone to buy an Android phone?

I have always had androids but my cell phone for work is an IPhone and don't like it.  I don't know if it's true or not but I read somewhere Apple will only allow their products to be used in movies/TV shows if the character using it is not a villain.  Maybe the AJLT writers thought it would be funny to make the android Miranda was using be a problem.  Too bad Miranda is the problem.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't know if it's true or not but I read somewhere Apple will only allow their products to be used in movies/TV shows if the character using it is not a villain.  Maybe the AJLT writers thought it would be funny to make the android Miranda was using be a problem.  Too bad Miranda is the problem.

or maybe apple has seen all the negative press

• Like 2
16 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

These shoes are fugly as hell. And I have to wonder if those red monstrosities have any flexibility in them, because I can just imagine taking a step forward and ending up with a big bruise on the front of my ankle.

I have been racking my brain trying to think of a reason anyone would have ever thought of putting balloons under their ankle straps and walking around like that...clearly the designer was smoking something stronger than legal pot when this idea popped in to their head.  I would have been laughing my ass off in the shoe department of Bergdorf's if the salesperson came at me with those shoes, Tom and Lorenzo should break up.

19 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Brady’s heartbreak wasn’t the only reason Miranda decided to rush home.  She was terrified he might hurt himself since Brady sobbed that he wished the car had hit him while talking to her on the phone.

That said, where was Steve when Miranda was camped out in the livingroom, he must have been equally upset that his son was wishing a car would hit him but was not there to greet him when he came home?

Honestly, I would have met Brady at the airport, why didn't Miranda schedule a flight to which ever airport he was flying in to and wait for him there instead of making him take a cab alone back home.

• Like 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That said, where was Steve when Miranda was camped out in the livingroom, he must have been equally upset that his son was wishing a car would hit him but was not there to greet him when he came home?

Come on now, that wouldn’t serve Miranda/CN’s narrative! That’s a dig at the writers, not you ✌

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Penman61 said:

I can't say this is the worst-written show on tv.

All I can say is that it's the worst-written show I've seen.

Treat yourself to some Hallmark movie drivel sometime, AJLT will seem like Shakespeare!

• LOL 7
On 6/30/2023 at 7:17 AM, luna1122again said:

Carrie's brownstone layout looks the same to me, but I cannot figure out the decor. We saw it transformed into a lot of blue and white in the first movie, and some of that--the floral wallpaper in big blue turquoise flowers--remains, but the walls are mostly back to white, with mostly her old furniture and not much of the new stuff she had in the movie. I wonder what was behind that decision?

According to this article https://graziamagazine.com/articles/carrie-bradshaw-shoes-season-two/

Carrie spent nearly 12 grand on her 'make me feel better' shoe haul. Most of which are gorgeous, if ridiculously expensive. But these? We saw her trying these on. I'm all for some whimsy but these are stupid. 

carrie-bradshaw-shoes-6.webp

I thought this was something she put in the shoe to stretch out the straps because they didn't fit her correctly, but she bought them anyway. Had no idea this was the actual design of the shoe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, sara416 said:

Carrie spent nearly 12 grand on her 'make me feel better' shoe haul. Most of which are gorgeous, if ridiculously expensive. But these? We saw her trying these on. I'm all for some whimsy but these are stupid. 

Even Gucci or (Tom and Lorenzo) makes mistakes, (tm The Countess), lol.

I bet these shoes would be giving people the giggles if seen in the wild.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2023 at 9:15 PM, JeanJean said:

This new, ditzy Miranda is hard to take

In Miranda's defense, I totally miss calls all the time on my new android phone, and have done many "butt dial video calls" (when Miranda picked her phone out of her pants, Brady was saying "mom why did you face time me). Last week I was at a boring ball game and I leaned on my purse and all of a sudden all this noise was happening, then I realized it was coming out of my purse. I had dialed 911 some how!!!  So I can relate to Miranda there.  Also for on hot second I thought about getting a tattoo, I told one friend and she said exactly what Carrie said "everyone is getting them removed". 

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Blackie said:

In Miranda's defense, I totally miss calls all the time on my new android phone, and have done many "butt dial video calls" (when Miranda picked her phone out of her pants, Brady was saying "mom why did you face time me). Last week I was at a boring ball game and I leaned on my purse and all of a sudden all this noise was happening, then I realized it was coming out of my purse. I had dialed 911 some how!!!  So I can relate to Miranda there.  Also for on hot second I thought about getting a tattoo, I told one friend and she said exactly what Carrie said "everyone is getting them removed". 

The funny thing is, I have an Android phone, too, and that part didn't bother me. Half the time, I can't answer calls on time because I think I'm swiping wrong! She just seems to be a  ditz in other ways she never would have before.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

The funny thing is, I have an Android phone, too, and that part didn't bother me. Half the time, I can't answer calls on time because I think I'm swiping wrong! She just seems to be a  ditz in other ways she never would have before.

I've always had Android phones because I refuse to contribute to making Apple any bigger. I had A Samsung phone and  most every time I tried to answer a call pressing swiping tapping...nothing worked! 😡I'd have to call the person back

I got a different brand next time (TCL) and it's no problem to swipe green and answer a call.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, T Summer said:

I had A Samsung phone and  most every time I tried to answer a call pressing swiping tapping...nothing worked! 😡I'd have to call the person back

It just seems to be my new Samsung phone, my old Samsung (which I had for over 7 years!! )was not a problem. This all seemed very realistic to me as well as randomly video calling people. Believe me my son just shakes his head at me.

• Like 2

But this fully seems like it’s taped in front of a live studio audience and is a multi-camera on actual ABC!?  Like, I know we live in progressive times but absolutely no way that show is getting made on ABC ABC. 

Agreed. And even if the pilot gets picked up by some basic cable channel or a streamer, it's not going to last more than one season. I cannot think of a show that has a narrower audience appeal.

• Like 1

Where are our super shoe sleuths? In the scene where Carrie visits her downstairs neighbor, is she wearing the same pair of shoes or are they different? 

They have done this before - on the day of the Big wedding Carrie had on different shoes when she left the apartment building to when she bashed Big with her bouquet.

D88A924F-3196-4EDA-911B-B01EF87FE774.jpeg

• Like 1
On 7/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, Rebecca berkowit said:

I never saw Miranda as the type to change her OR her kid's last name just because she happened to get married. Some women do that, sure, but not her. And frankly I never understood the compulsion to give the kid the dad's last name unless it's her own. She has to go through the pregnancy and (if she's like most American mothers) does the lion's share of the work raising them. Why default to the dad's last name, especially if he has his last name as his first? Renaming him Brady Brady makes no more sense than renaming him Hobbs Hobbs.

• Like 7
On 7/2/2023 at 12:09 PM, Rebecca berkowit said:

Quick question- if Miranda did eventually marry Steve after Brady was born ( which she did), wouldn’t his name be Brady Brady?

No, because his birth certificate is Brady Hobbes. Even in marrying Steve, for Brady to have Steve's last name, it would have to go through legal channels to be changed.

There was no need. Steve was honored as Brady's father by having Steve's last name as the baby's first.

And, if I recall, Miranda never changed her last name either, so...

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

All I could think during the scene of Carrie at home eating that big burger and fries was how does she eat like that, especially in her 50s, and stay so skinnny?

The jewelry scene was stupid. No way would I just give my jewelry to a guy who demanded it. He had no weapon. 

Miranda lost me sometime last season. 

Charlotte seems to have grown into a full-on airhead. 

• Like 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

The jewelry scene was stupid. No way would I just give my jewelry to a guy who demanded it. He had no weapon. 

Miranda lost me sometime last season. 

Charlotte seems to have grown into a full-on airhead. 

It was also stupid that Lisette was saying tearfully on the couch, "I lost everything." Clearly the guy did not take ALL the jewelry. Yes, it was a big loss to have even one piece taken but there were enough pieces left that the Neiman's buyer could purchase. And next time Lisette needs to hire more security, one at every table and a couple roaming. That was all dumb.

And no WAY am I handing over my stuff to some guy who tries to menace me but clearly doesn't have a weapon, especially if it's two of us against one in a crowd where we know security is... somewhere. I'd have screamed bloody murder.

Seema's lighter gun was one of the best moments of the entire series, I just wish she had pulled it out sooner. She could have been the hero who held the thief at "gunpoint", showing him as he was pulled away that it was actually just a lighter. Then Lisette could have rewarded her with an item after closing the deal with the Neiman's lady.

I just came up with that, why are the writers writing stuff that's stupid?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, Rebecca berkowit said:

SJP in her recent New Yorker interview stated she doesn’t watch the shows after making them, and she can’t remember what happened, either on the original series or now.  And she’s executive producer, and very close to MPK.  So that explains a lot of the continuity issues.  

This is the same designer who did Emma Watson’s “floating dress,” which was quite the talk of the internet recently (Google it).  I do think that some of the fashion on this show is chosen to be deliberately provocative/polarizing.  If they can’t get people talking/watching with the quality of the show, they might as well try to get them some other way.  These shoes look like they have a tumor.  I’m all for a avant-grade designs, but at least make it a flattering shape for the wearer!  Nobody wants to see a bloody tumor on your foot!   Why would a balloon get stuck in your sandal?  Ever?

she said that??? SJP, that's not cool. this whole house of cards is built on our collective nostalgia. 

Also, at first glimpse I thought they were giant chili peppers 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 7/1/2023 at 2:39 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Miranda and the phone. Yeah, saw that coming as soon as the “no phones” announcement was made. TBH I’ve always thought Miranda was kind of an asshole, even in the old series. This was such a Miranda thing to do. She could have texted Che and said something like “So sorry, I can’t come in. I need to keep my phone with me.Brady just called, his girlfriend dumped him and he’s in really bad shape”. But no, in classic Miranda mode she smuggles in her stupid phone and doesn’t turn the ringer off. And that part didn’t even make sense because Brady was saying “why did you FaceTime me” so she somehow butt-dialed him, so why would her phone even ring? And how do you use Apple’s FaceTime on an Android?

100% That's exactly how Miranda should have handled it. As a childfree woman, I get that kids come first. It was nice to see Miranda care about Brady's well-being and not so wrapped up in Cheland. But she came across as a really entitled mom breaking the phone rule and ruining a big moment for Che. The scene was predictable. The way to handle it was obvious, just what you posted but I guess if everyone thought sensibly, there would be no show. Tony Danza handled the moment perfectly.  

On 7/2/2023 at 8:53 AM, pasdetrois said:

Tom Hanks has Play Tone Productions. This series must be produced by Tone Deaf Productions.

Objectifying the sound guy. Proud of being MILFs. Objectifying an underage kid. Pretending to have a deadly disease that killed many thousands. Spending gazillions at Bergdorf's on a whim. Entitled Miranda ruining an expensive production with her phone "because I'm a mom." One of these would be annoying; one after the other is mind-boggling. The writers appear to believe they are writing charming whimsy.

At least Miranda's fashion has improved now that she's back to being a mom.

I was more put off by how the sound guy dug around for the microphone. I know he asked for permission, but Naya was kind of put on the spot. Even if didn't mind, I think most women would.

Being proud of being a milf made me laugh. Objectifying the underage kid, not so much. I heard there was something along those lines coming up, and I was ready to be outraged. So I guess I was mostly relieved they didn't take it any further tbh. 

Gazillions at Bergdorf's sounds about SATC. 

Regarding covid, I would have felt guilty once friends starting sending me food and all that, but I don't think Carrie meant to give anyone a scare. She said she had no symptoms. Other than her smoking habit, I don't think she'd be high-risk, especially if she had been vaccinated. 

Completely agree with you about Miranda. Glad to see her remember she's the mother of a teenager, but the world doesn't stop because your son needs you. 

Miranda's fashion was always my least favorite. It wasn't necessarily bad. She had some nice business attire and could wear pretty dresses. It just wasn't special like the other three's. Carrie's style was eccentric and fun. She pulled off all sorts of looks with her perfect body and charm. Charlotte was feminine and classic, like a modern-day Jackie Kennedy. Samantha was sexy and sophisticated, whether at work or going out. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2023 at 9:17 AM, RedDelicious said:

On 7/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Yes to the 2nd quote. Just because he was an ass in season 1, doesn't mean she shouldn't be scared that he sounded potentially suicidal in season 2.

That being said, it was bizarre for her to go into the taping until she knew he was stable.  She told him to go back to the hostel and call her. Wasn't she anxiously waiting for his call so she could ascertain if he was in danger?

On 7/2/2023 at 8:34 AM, Hana Chan said:

The problem for Carrie and her work ethic (or lack thereof) is that she doesn't financially need to work so whatever she does is more of a hobby than an actual job, so it doesn't really impact her if she flakes out. In certainly impacts the people that she was working with, but that doesn't seem to register with her

I couldn't understand why they didn't skip chapter 3, record the rest of the book, then go back and record everything in chapter 3 except the paragraphs where Big was dying.

Then, when everything else is done, concentrate on the few remaining paragraphs.  If Carrie absolutely could not get through them herself, hire a voice dupe to do so.

Also, why would the sound editor care if Carrie took a long pause between 2 particular paragraphs?  Isn't that something editing can remove?  (I understand that if she did it between every paragraph, the book would take forever to record, but that clearly was not what was happening.)

image.png

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 2
On 7/21/2023 at 11:31 PM, RealHousewife said:

I was more put off by how the sound guy dug around for the microphone. I know he asked for permission, but Naya was kind of put on the spot.

Nya said it fell all the way down.  I didn't understand why she didn't pull it up herself.  What was the other option?  It seemed as if she left it alone so that he would have to stick his hand down there.

• Like 1