Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chapter Three

• Start Topic

In the upcoming episode, we will see continuing to get over her grief. This time Seema is on her team to get her through. Meanwhile, The Hobbes-Brady family is in therapy and, we can guess why. Charlotte decides to get back on her feet and be the art queen she stopped being once upon a time. But, the fun thing the preview trailer reveals is the return of Aidan!

The third episode of the series is scheduled to arrive on Max on June 29, 2023. at 12 a.m. PST / 3 a.m. EST The episode is written by Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky. The runtime should be around 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Aiden!!!  I always thought she jerked him around so bad with going back to Big and playing them off each other and all.  He was a good guy!  I started watching the show when she was already dating Aiden, so I wasn’t invested in the Big relationship.  

• Like 2

COVID is still out there, Carrie. Got to be careful.

Miranda FINALLY gets a reality check and remembers she’s a goddamn mother whose son still needs her even as a teenager. Glad she finally stood up to Che. Maybe the old her isn’t completely gone. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Well give Miranda props for doing the bare minimum that a mother should be doing. Has she even mentioned Brady since she and Che got together? It took Brady reaching out that he needed his mother to remind her that she has a teenage son back in NY that she abandoned in order to chase her lesbian fantasy?

And Che did not come off well here! Yeah, I get that Miranda was breaking the "no phones" rule but this was her child calling. Che has a right to be upset that the call interrupted a crucial moment they were filming (and having been called out for their acting, Che had reason to be anxious) but they will have to accept that for a mother, their child should and must take priority. Trying to make it as if there was no need for Miranda to meet her son was the absolute worst thing they could have said and it really makes clear that the relationship is about satisfying Che's needs. Che is they one who sets the tone for their relationship and Miranda has no real life outside of it anymore. It really hammers home that whatever sparks the show keeps insisting exists between the two of them and they are not a well match couple and are at very different stages of their lives. Even though they seemed to have made up before Miranda left, I can't see this "relationship" surviving for much longer. Maybe we'll finally start seeing a bit of the old Miranda and she'll see what an asshole she'd been since meeting Che.

I got where Carrie is because my dad and I felt much this way during our grieving process. Year one is hard but people give you a lot of leeway and support because the loss is fresh. Year two, that support isn't always there because you're supposed to be moving on with your life but you're still deeply mourning the person that you lost. Of all people, Bitsy gave her the kind of advice that she needed (and could have only come from a fellow widow). Sometimes you just need something to help fill that empty space a bit, no matter how frivolous and it's okay to give yourself that kind of self-comfort. For me, it was writing and going for my monthly mani-pedi. For Carrie, it's shoes. It's okay to be kind to yourself and do what you need (vs what other demands might be made of you).

• Like 11
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

As the partner of the show's star would Miranda have to wait in line for the taping?  I feel like this is yet another plot contrivance.  While I think Miranda and Che having disagreements about Miranda needing to be there for her son is believable the circumstances leading up to that is manufactured.  The way the writers had Steve fumbling around last season has now been transferred to Miranda.  I get not being familiar with a new phone but she looked like an idiot.

And the mothers at Charlotte and LTW's children's schools ogling that student made me think of the Brady/Samantha storyline that made Kim turn down the third movie.   There is no way they would have had the dads ogling a female student. 

49 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

For Carrie, it's shoes.

No matter how much I dislike her at times she always brings me back because of shoes.  I feel a kinship with her because of shoes.

50 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Che is they one who sets the tone for their relationship and Miranda has no real life outside of it anymore.

And Miranda willingly went along with it.  We all saw the red flags but Miranda just had to go and live her rom com. 

52 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Even though they seemed to have made up before Miranda left, I can't see this "relationship" surviving for much longer. Maybe we'll finally start seeing a bit of the old Miranda and she'll see what an asshole she'd been since meeting Che.

On SATC yes that would probably happen.  But on AJLT  Cynthia Nixon's fantasy I will be surprised if that happens. 

32 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Miranda is now a pathetic, needy, insecure victim around Che - just as she accused Carrie of being around Big back in the day. She's a bumbling, subservient fool and it doesn't feel like a natural progression at all.

It's not a natural progression.  I would have understood if Miranda feeling like her marriage wasn't working and she organically fell for someone (male or female or non binary) that she met. Nyla being a good example.  But the whole Che thing was just badly written and not believable at all.  

35 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Please stop your performative penance, you high-minded, hypocritical asshats. 

It really does seem like they are saying look at us.  See how woke we are.

I did laugh though when Carrie and Seema were being robbed and Seema pulled out her gun and the robber ran away.  Carrie says you have a gun?  And Seema shows her it's a lighter. And when the security guys finally show up one of them chastises Seema for smoking and she says "I'm the problem?"

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
38 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

She lost a bunch of people at the podcast their jobs and now she's LYING about a sickness to avoid some not-so-pleasant work! WTF!!! She's cost a bunch of people money and time - not to mention the inconvenience. She really does expect the world to revolve around her, doesn't she?

I’m more offended that she lied about getting COVID of all things. I know we have vaccines and treatments now but it’s still serious for many people and the fact people like her have seem to forgotten the impact it’s made on our lives is like spitting on all the graves of the people that died from it. At least karma came to bite her in the ass when she got COVID for real.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I haven’t seen the episode yet and I’m already pissed at Miranda and her retconned boomer phone ignorance. First of all this is a woman who wanted to show off her new Palm Pilot at brunch and second, switching off the ringer is new phone 101. Do NOT be that person. Jesus where’s Patty Lupone when you need her.

ETA: Miranda was also the one to hand Carrie her smartphone when Lily was in cupcake assassin mode on her wedding day, and Carrie took one look at it and said okay I don't know how to work this. Who has the amnesia? Because it ain't us. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

I was so glad Miranda stood up to Che -but  I wish she had just stormed off and not begged her for a nicer goodbye.  Granted, Miranda probably  should have NOT gone to the taping and texted Che and told them that there was a family emergency.  But Che should know that Miranda's is a mother, and if her child needs her - no matter how old -Miranda is going to be there for Brady. And this was not a casual breaup, Brady and Louisa seemed to be longterm.  It also seems like Brady is having a delayed reaction to the breakup of his parents by saying "everyone is breaking up" . I thought he was being way too cool with it when he left for Europe and they were both going to the airport.

Did Miranda go back to her place with Steve? I really hope Steve is SO over her - I get he might not throw her out because Brady needs her right now, but I hope he makes that clear and tells her he is better and thriving with her gone. 

I have a question - so, I thought when Che and Miranda got together Che was all I am not into a traditional relationship and told Miranda not to expect that- but it seems extremely traditional and Che seems VERY needy - I get they  out of her comfort zone in LA but Che seems clingy and controlling (RED flags) and the fact they could not understand that Miranda needed to go home and tend to her son was kind of messed up. 

I hope Miranda gets therapy and figures stuff out because she literally is doing nothing but propping up Che and soothing their ego. 

I am not sure the downstairs neighbor or the jewelry show were necessary to the plot - it just adds more characters without adding to the stories- I would rather see more Anthony. 

Overall I was  ok with the episode - I really liked the scene with Bitsy and Carrie, and am finding this season more tolerable and dare I say enjoyable than last season. 

Sorry for the randomness - those are my initial thoughts. 

• Like 12
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

In this economy especially, I'm so beyond offended by Carrie's lack of work ethic

Carrie has always had a... let's just say questionable viewpoint on money. Back in the original show, we know that she lived well beyond her means and if it hadn't been for Charlotte, she would have been without a place to live when she needed to buy her apartment. Now that she is an independently wealthy widow who certainly doesn't need to work to support herself, her frivolity is even more of an issue. She doesn't need to do this memoir (though seriously... was she ever that important where a memoir was warranted?) but it was something that she wanted to do. I get that talking about Big is exceedingly painful for her but the smart thing would have been to postpone recording that passage and do something else? Not just lie and bail on the whole endeavor. But then, Carrie never had anything really in the way of strength.

The show would have been a lot more interesting if Big had not left Carrie a huge fortune and she had to return to work while still mourning. That is the reality that most widows have to face. They don't have the luxury of working just for fun or a distraction. They have bills to pay and often children to support.  I would have liked to have seen Carrie having to pick up her career again after years of being away and not having a choice about it because otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford groceries, let alone a dozen pairs of high end shoes.

• Like 15

I liked this one, it’s better when they don’t go all in on the preachy diversity stories and just make it light and fun.  They did a good job in this one of integrating the new characters without making it a Very Special Episode (though, of course, Lisa and Nya are suddenly BFFs, because they just have soooo much in common, like discussing hot Black dudes.  Eye roll.). Loved Charlotte this episode, the whole thing with the Milf list was hilarious, and I loved her Burberry apron with Burberry shirt (and Burberry shoes and purse).  Liked the treatment of Carrie’s grief. Quibbles:  first of all, no way that in June 2023 someone saying they have Covid would send everyone fleeing from the room like that. And why did Carrie even take a test?  Again, no way it would’ve been required today.  For anything.  So the whole “I’m asymptomatic and wouldn’t have known but for the test” is a huuuuge plot hole.  She should’ve just said she had the flu.  Covid makes no sense in this context at all.  Maybe it would’ve in 2021.  Now it’s just not current and also in poor taste.    Another plot hole- what did Miranda think when she brought her phone into the taping illegally?  Was she just going to answer it if Brady called?  Suddenly run out of the studio?  Stupid.  Makes no sense.   A better way to do this would have been to have her miss the taping, because she had to face the choice, right there, of leaving her phone (and Brady) or supporting Che.  That could’ve made her realize what was more Important.  They could’ve had the same fight outside the studio after she missed the taping.  Also, Che came off as a selfish bitch who doesn’t care about Miranda at all.  Third plot hole:  why would that guy be stealing all the very unique items from a buzzy new designer at a show that got a ton of press?  There’s absolutely NO WAY he could’ve fenced those they would be immediately identifiable, no fence would touch them.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

And why did Carrie even take a test?  

I'm pretty sure she didn't take a Covid test.  I think she was lying because she didn't want to go to work.

14 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

The show would have been a lot more interesting if Big had not left Carrie a huge fortune and she had to return to work while still mourning. That is the reality that most widows have to face. They don't have the luxury of working just for fun or a distraction. They have bills to pay and often children to support.  I would have liked to have seen Carrie having to pick up her career again after years of being away and not having a choice about it because otherwise she wouldn't be able to afford groceries, let alone a dozen pairs of high end shoes.

I thought a better story than Big dying would have been him being indicted (and maybe even convicted) of a some financial crime and all their assets frozen.  Carrie could have still come back to her apartment because it was hers before the marriage and only in her own name.  

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
30 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

first of all, no way that in June 2023 someone saying they have Covid would send everyone fleeing from the room like that.

Oh I’m sure a few people would—some of us still care about not getting COVID.

• Like 15

I just do not get the appeal with Che. I really don't  and when writers practically have to isolate characters just to prove a point, you know the story is not good.  Just cut your losses. This story is just not working 

• Like 14
  • Applause 10

Quick Hits

The kid who plays Brady is really a terrible actor, sorry;

What is up with Michael Patrick King's weird obsession with thinking adult women would be/should be flattered by teenage boys lusting after them?

I'd hope this was the end of Che and Miranda but no chance MPK allows that to happen;

No thief is going to go out of his way to try to steal Carrie's flea market nameplate necklace;

The Seema/Birken storyline was such a Samantha-try hard in tone, it was embarrassing;

I barely remembered who Lisette was and did not really care about her jewelry career enough to spend that much time at the pop up shop for it;

Amidst all of that, the stuff with Carrie and grief was actually quite moving.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Just my opinion - but for me, a huge part of the appeal of Sex and The City was the escapist fabulous meals, apartments, and clothing. I agree on AJLT it is extreme and they are all in the 1%, but I am not sure I would be watching if Carrie was struggling to make ends meet. I guess with the world so crazy right now this is definitely escapist tv for me and I like watching the clothes and shoes.

Edited to add that for me,  the lighter tone of this season vs. last has made it more enjoyable to watch this go around, again not a high bar..

Edited by zamp33
forgot to add a sentence
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm pretty sure she didn't take a Covid test.  I think she was lying because she didn't want to go to work.

I thought a better story than Big dying would have been him being indicted (and maybe even convicted) of a some financial crime and all their assets frozen.  Carrie could have still come back to her apartment because it was hers before the marriage and only in her own name.  

I agree, am sure she didn’t take a test. But she SAID, on the phone to either Charlotte or Miranda, that she was completely asymptomatic and would not have known she had it. “Except for the test.”  Why would they have her say that?  What test?  Why would she have taken a test?  The person she was talking to would’ve certainly wondered why she even took a test if she had no symptoms.  Or was she hoping they’d believe she had been required to take one to record the podcast?  Was she? Are jobs still requiring that?  When does this take place?   I thought this plot point made no sense.  She should’ve just said she had some slight symptoms.  Or that she had the flu.  It’s like they were trying to get a laugh from the whole Covid thing.  Too late, too unfunny.  

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

Quick Hits

The kid who plays Brady is really a terrible actor, sorry;

What is up with Michael Patrick King's weird obsession with thinking adult women would be/should be flattered by teenage boys lusting after them?

I'd hope this was the end of Che and Miranda but no chance MPK allows that to happen;

No thief is going to go out of his way to try to steal Carrie's flea market nameplate necklace;

The Seema/Birken storyline was such a Samantha-try hard in tone, it was embarrassing;

I barely remembered who Lisette was and did not really care about her jewelry career enough to spend that much time at the pop up shop for it;

Amidst all of that, the stuff with Carrie and grief was actually quite moving.

Brady was kind of a wuss, sorry.  He was crying sooooo much over this breakup.  Had they been dating long?  It seemed a little over-the-top.  I would think he’d be more angry and/or drunk.  

MPK probably would want teenage boys lusting after him.  This show seems really obviously written by a gay man sometimes.  But, that kid was HOT, and I like that they went there.  It’s transgressive, sure, but that’s what SATC was about, pushing boundaries with women and sex.  But I’m a mom of a high schooler at a ritzy private school, so I can totally relate to these plots.  It’s like reality, but just a little heightened.  

The Lisette intro at the beginning of the episode with the whole forced exposition by Carrie  (“oh, you are my neighbor and you design jewelry and you won this particular award and you have a new jewelry show coming out which I am going to), was so awful and clunky!  These writers can be so lazy!  At least have Lisette bring it up in passing!  Or just have Carrie tell the girls at lunch she’s going to the jewelry thing.  Or don’t!  But it’s like they knew we had already forgotten who Lisette was and so they had to remind us.  

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

I agree, am sure she didn’t take a test. But she SAID, on the phone to either Charlotte or Miranda, that she was completely asymptomatic and would not have known she had it. “Except for the test.”  Why would they have her say that?  What test?  Why would she have taken a test?  The person she was talking to would’ve certainly wondered why she even took a test if she had no symptoms.  Or was she hoping they’d believe she had been required to take one to record the podcast?  Was she? Are jobs still requiring that?  When does this take place?   I thought this plot point made no sense.  She should’ve just said she had some slight symptoms.  Or that she had the flu.  It’s like they were trying to get a laugh from the whole Covid thing.  Too late, too unfunny.  

This is another example of the horrible writing. You are right. Didn't anyone wonder why she took a Covid test?  She had just been in the studio with someone wearing a mask. Did that person have health issues and that is why he was wearing a mask? Did Carrie's publisher inform the people at the recording studio that Carrie had Covid?  Would they have worried and gotten tested too?   This is just another example of Carrie (and the ultimately the writers) not thinking or caring about how her actions affect anyone else.

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

Brady was kind of a wuss, sorry.

Seriously. Is this the same young man who acted like a complete ass to his mother in his parent's home all last season? Who if he hadn't been retconned should be in his twenties? Why isn't he calling his awesome father who has been home in Brooklyn the whole time? Grow up son. 

Also I have NO interest in re-opening the great Covid debate. It's like they just want to get people arguing again. No thank you.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Miranda should never have gone into the taping.  i knew the plot would have her phone ring in the middle of that scene she was practicing with Che (because really, how long did miranda think it was going to take brady to get back to his hostel?).  yes, che would have still been upset, but Che was totally right to be mad about Miranda messing up their taping.  i'd like to think that che would have at least understood why miranda missed the taping.  even if they were upset about it, they would probably rather miranda miss the taping than mess it up.  if miranda had to attend the taping, couldn't she had put her phone on vibrate?  then at least she could have excused herself from the audience claiming bathroom emergency or something.  

the jewelry robbery was also pretty stupid.  some guy comes up to you and says hand me your necklace and you just stand there?  he didn't have gun, just run away.  but yes, seema's lighter gun was a good bit of comedy.  

i was pretty surprised Seema found her bag, that some robber didn't realize the bag was probably better loot than the wallet?

i was a bit let down that the tattoo miranda got was a simple "MH" on her wrist (probably one of the more painful areas too).

I get why carrie has having a hard time with chapter 3.  i mean watching your husband die in your arms must be absolutely awful. i think people would have understood her having problems with reading it out loud, she shouldn't have felt she had to lie about covid.  i thought the conversation with Bitsy was very well done.  and of course carrie's hole would be surrounded by shoes. 

the less said about the milf list story, the better.  that was awful.  

and that was michael key as the sound guy right?  he will definitely be back.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
28 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

i was a bit let down that the tattoo miranda got was a simple "MH" on her wrist (probably one of the more painful areas too)

I am betting that because of the Che hate - Miranda dumps Che? I can hear Carrie's voice right now: "Miranda looked down at her wrist and remembered who she is - Miranda Hobbs"

Che and Carrie were in battle head to head on who was the worst in this episode. Che because they insinuated that they are more important than Brady's welfare and Carrie because of her unwillingness to work. Uh - even Prince Harry read his own biography. Suck it up buttercup.

Miranda continues to be a shitty and needy person. Glad she stood up for herself and took off to NYC.  The MILF thing was really in bad taste in this day and age (it would have flown back in the late 90s, early 00's - but it's really dated and in poor taste).  Meh on Seema's bag story (call back to the time Samantha tried to order a Birkin for herself under Lucy Lui's name only to have Lucy grab it from under her). 

I didn't see any mention of Aiden in this episode. Was he mentioned?

Only two funny spots were Richard Burton in his raincoat and boots and Seema pulling the cigarette lighter that looked like a gun. Really what was the robber going to do if no one handed over their jewellery? And if it was real jewels, why wasn't there any security?? Absolutely stupid.

• Like 12

Its a miracle, Miranda actually remembers that she's a mom and shows just a sliver of the real Miranda. Its never sat right with me how easy its been for Miranda to just throw away her old life with her family to run off with Che, so I really hope that this leads to Miranda finally realizing what an asshole she's been. Miranda just should have texted Che and told them that a family thing came up. Che came off pretty badly here, I can understand being pissed at Miranda for interrupting her taping, but they should have been more understanding when they realized that it was about Brady. It was shitty of them to blow off Miranda's worries about her son and then get pissy about Miranda going to New York to see Brady, its obvious that this is more than just a silly teen break up. It seemed like a pretty serious relationship even if they were young, serious enough to travel Europe together, and him breaking down crying that "everyone is breaking up" sounds like some of this is really about his parents breaking up. Of course he's upset about his mom seemingly randomly dumping his dad and running off across the country with a subpar comedian. Hopefully we see Steve again living his best life. I was so glad that Miranda stood up to Che, she's become a shell of her former self, all she does is try to appease Che and flop around being a stay at home girlfriend. 

Honestly, the only person who really came off well when Miranda's phone rang was Tony Danza, who managed to smooth things over and deescalate things as Che and the producer were freaking out with some quick jokes, you can tell he's a real pro who's been doing television for a long time. 

I'm in two minds about Carrie's story. I really liked her continuing to deal with her grief after losing Big, she's really at the point where people sort of just expect her to be past her mourning period but that's really not how grief works. I can get how hard it would be to talk about watching her husband for an audiobook would be rough, and her talk with Bitsy was really nice. However, her lying about getting COVID instead of just doing what she said she would do was really annoying, she wasted other peoples time and effort while lying, its like how she lost tons of people their jobs because she couldn't say the word vagina and then just laughed it off because she has more money than she can ever spend. 

What kind of half assed robbery were those guys pulling at the jewelry show? If security weren't all on smoke breaks at the same time, they would all be in jail. Who just walks up to someone and demands their jewelry in the middle of a crowded room without even a weapon or making any threatening move? Seema with the gun lighter was funny though.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Speaking of acting, when did all the leads forget how to act? Kristin Davis was so effortlessly charming, and excellent at both comedy and drama. She is worse than a school play at this point. SJP is phoning it in and has abandoned comedy for overwrought drama at every turn.

The show is so stilted, it's pathetic. And Cynthia Nixon just can't act at all. The material is terrible, so that doesn't help. Also, thanks for insulting the character we all loved for so many decades. Miranda wasn't a corporate drone - she was a smart, tough-as-nails lawyer. Why Cynthia and the writers feel the need to constantly shit on the original series is beyond me. It's so ungrateful and nasty. Please stop your performative penance, you high-minded, hypocritical asshats. 

Here f'ing here! to your entire post

Get rid of Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky!!!! The writing here is deplorable!

Even the self absorbed loons they've turned Charlotte and Miranda into would've understood where reading some parts of her memoir, particularly an accounting  of finding her husband struggling to take his  very last breaths until she could do it without without breaking down would be very upsetting for  Carrie. Whether it was in year one, two or three.

There would be no need to invent an illness to take some time to get over it.

1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

if miranda had to attend the taping, couldn't she had put her phone on vibrate? 

of course!🙄

36 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I didn't see any mention of Aiden in this episode. Was he mentioned?

I thought I'd posted the wrong clip. The ep description stated Aiden was in the preview. Did anyone see that?

• Like 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Here f'ing here! to your entire post

Get rid of Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky!!!! The writing here is deplorable!

Even the self absorbed loons they've turned Charlotte and Miranda into would've understood where reading some parts of her memoir, particularly an accounting  of finding her husband struggling to take his  very last breaths until she could do it without without breaking down would be very upsetting for  Carrie. Whether it was in year one, two or three.

There would be no need to invent an illness to take some time to get over it.

of course!🙄

I thought I'd posted the wrong clip. The ep description stated Aiden was in the preview. Did anyone see that?

Yep, he was totally in the preview.  Just to keep us watching, I guess.  Also, I may be cynical, but I think they put that whole book excerpt in there about how she “stared at him for what felt like hours but it was only a minute” to address the whole “why didn’t Carrie call 911” criticism from last season.  They really devoted a LOT of time to her repeating that particular passage, about how he was on the floor and she was just standing there, staring.  Which we all saw and questioned.  Apparently, they want us to know it was much shorter than it seemed!    Also also, the writing in that “memoir” was so terrible, Candace Bushnell would be upset if she watched it, which I understand she doesn’t.  

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

If Brady is 17, I personally think that is too young to backpack across Europe with his girlfriend, regardless of how many people did it themselves or took even greater risks at that age. Like Lily, I think the character is an entitled brat. He grew up in a lovely home with two loving, (and gainfully employed) parents who severely lack boundaries and he was permitted to walk around like he owned the place, then he falls apart when things don't go his way. 

I think this and Lily's storylines are lame and I have no sympathy for any of the extremely privileged young characters on the show. I wish they would keep the focus on the adults. I couldn't give a flying fig about the kids.

1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

He did call Steve, but he wanted his Mom. Her phone wasn’t ringing.

Roger that. (gif is directed to the entitled children) Brady is 21 17, not 7.

Give It To Me Want GIF

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 4

I’m not going to mock Brady for wanting his mother. He’s he’s a young adult, but show me a grown person who in a needy and vulnerable moment doesn’t want their mother (or another parent) for comfort at least once in their lives. I don’t care how much of a jerk he was last season, it’s still no excuse for Miranda to treat him like he’s just a metaphor for her sexual frustration. Not to mention bailing on him without worrying how the divorce is going to affect him. Which obviously it has—like other posters have pointed, the breakup might be a subconscious delayed grief for his parents breaking up, and while he tried to act cool with what Miranda did because he wanted her to be happy, he probably was repressing some anger and sadness. But I guess we’ll see.

• Like 18
21 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m not going to mock Brady for wanting his mother. He’s he’s a young adult, but show me a grown person who in a needy and vulnerable moment doesn’t want their mother (or another parent) for comfort at least once in their lives. I don’t care how much of a jerk he was last season, it’s still no excuse for Miranda to treat him like he’s just a metaphor for her sexual frustration. Not to mention bailing on him without worrying how the divorce is going to affect him. Which obviously it has—like other posters have pointed, the breakup might be a subconscious delayed grief for his parents breaking up, and while he tried to act cool with what Miranda did because he wanted her to be happy, he probably was repressing some anger and sadness. But I guess we’ll see.

I didn’t think about that angle on the Brady thing, because I didn’t hear him say “everybody’s breaking up.”  You’re right, he was probably upset about Miranda and not just his own breakup.  That would explain the crying, and why he wanted his mother.  Makes the episode hit harder emotionally, if Miranda is realizing not just that he needs her because of the breakup, but that he just needs her to be HOME.  

• Like 4

How much better and more interesting would it be if the second half of this season has Miranda coming to terms with the hurt and upheaval her "I'm living in a rom com, Carrie!" choices made in the life of those she loves? Breaking up with Che after realizing no matter how exciting the sex they just aren't a good match. Trying to pull herself, her relationships, and her career back together after losing Steve as a husband and the respect and trust of her son. Losing her house in Brooklyn and having to find a new rental in NYC (because she better not make Steve sell his home!). Exploring her new sexual feelings as a single woman. All of that would be real and intriguing. I just don't think MPK has that in him though. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

How much better and more interesting would it be if the second half of this season has Miranda coming to terms with the hurt and upheaval her "I'm living in a rom com, Carrie!" choices made in the life of those she loves? Breaking up with Che after realizing no matter how exciting the sex they just aren't a good match. Trying to pull herself, her relationships, and her career back together after losing Steve as a husband and the respect and trust of her son. Losing her house in Brooklyn and having to find a new rental in NYC (because she better not make Steve sell his home!). Exploring her new sexual feelings as a single woman. All of that would be real and intriguing. I just don't think MPK has that in him though. 

I think the characters are like Barbie Dolls to MPK, he just dresses them up and puts them in what he thinks would be fun situations.  It’s too bad there are real viewers out there who watched the original series and related to these women and their stories.  Wasn’t it supposed to be about four women, in the city, and their lives and relationships?  Wasn’t it supposed to be an honest look at women, how they thought, talked, and behaved?  Weren’t we told, back in the 90’s, that these were lives we could aspire to, that it was ok to be single, that it was ok to have sex with different men?  A lot of us would like something like that now, but addressed to women who are now older.  What is it like to be widowed?  Divorced?  Have children leaving the nest?  How do relationships change?  How do you meet new friends?  That’s what I would like to see.  And some of it is there, with Charlotte, Nya, and even Carrie.  Miranda is just the worst, though.  

• Like 10
35 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Losing her house in Brooklyn and having to find a new rental in NYC (because she better not make Steve sell his home!).

As long as she doesn’t yell “white guy with a baby!” we’ll be in good shape.

I agree with you, if she could face the consequences of her choices and hold herself accountable for them, I’d be onboard for that.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

Yep, he was totally in the preview.  Just to keep us watching, I guess.  Also, I may be cynical, but I think they put that whole book excerpt in there about how she “stared at him for what felt like hours but it was only a minute” to address the whole “why didn’t Carrie call 911” criticism from last season.  They really devoted a LOT of time to her repeating that particular passage, about how he was on the floor and she was just standing there, staring.  Which we all saw and questioned.  Apparently, they want us to know it was much shorter than it seemed!    Also also, the writing in that “memoir” was so terrible, Candace Bushnell would be upset if she watched it, which I understand she doesn’t.  

I watched it On Demand in Canada which doesn't show the preview for the next episode. I'll have to wait till it actually airs or tomorrow on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

He might still have some left over resentment to his parents for the temporary split when he was like 7 (?).

• Like 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Thanks for insulting the character we all loved for so many decades. Miranda wasn't a corporate drone - she was a smart, tough-as-nails lawyer. Why Cynthia and the writers feel the need to constantly shit on the original series is beyond me. It's so ungrateful and nasty. Please stop your performative penance, you high-minded, hypocritical asshats. 

Miranda is now a pathetic, needy, insecure victim around Che - just as she accused Carrie of being around Big back in the day. She's a bumbling, subservient fool and it doesn't feel like a natural progression at all. It's just a hamfisted way of production incorporating more woke BS into the storylines. 

FACTS!  CN is like Anthony Geary in General Hospital when he shit on everything that was Luke and Laura.

Was I the only one that couldn't care less about Brady's crying to mommy?  This same boy who disrespected his family so he could have a live-in piece of ass whenever he wanted, please.  I was team Miranda though when she put on her big girl panties regarding him as Che whined about a stupid scene in a pilot.

Nya seems forced on us which is why I don't give a rat's ass about her storyline....now, bring Gary Dourdan back and I may change my mind!

Carrie's grieving is triggering me....my mom is currently doing home hospice and as a straight up mama's girl, I don't know how I'm going to handle her transition.  I kept yelling at the television with her co-workers seemingly not caring that she lost her husband. 

I must put Bitsy's saying on the wall, 'cause that was deep....the hole never fills but new life will grow around it.  Simply beautiful.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 9
45 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

FACTS!  CN is like Anthony Geary in General Hospital when he shit on everything that was Luke and Laura.

Was I the only one that couldn't care less about Brady's crying to mommy?  This same boy who disrespected his family so he could have a live-in piece of ass whenever he wanted, please.  I was team Miranda though when she put on her big girl panties regarding him as Che whined about a stupid scene in a pilot.

Nya seems forced on us which is why I don't give a rat's ass about her storyline....now, bring Gary Dourdan back and I may change my mind!

Carrie's grieving is triggering me....my mom is currently doing home hospice and as a straight up mama's girl, I don't know how I'm going to handle her transition.  I kept yelling at the television with her co-workers seemingly not caring that she lost her husband. 

I must put Bitsy's saying on the wall, 'cause that was deep....the hole never fills but new life will grow around it.  Simply beautiful.

Yes, Nya does seem forced, like they don’t know what to do with her, and we all know that’s because she was originally intended as a love interest/friend for Miranda until Cynthia derailed that by insisting Miranda and Che was sexier.  Which it isn’t.  So now they don’t know what to do with Nya, because Miranda is not even in the same state, so they just throw her in with other characters like Lisa and see if that works.  Also, does anybody else think the actress who plays Nya talks like her lower lip is numb?  Just me? Ok, then.  But in the scene where she was drunk and slurring, it was honestly hard to tell.  Something about her delivery is always off to me, probably because the actress has no idea where the character is coming from. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

I was just thinking the very same thing wow they really spent a lot of time having her read and reread that part about finding him on the floor of the shower.

and also I was wondering what Candace Bushnell would think of this mess?

9 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

The only one who is really funny is Anthony. Thank God they haven't messed him up yet. 

What's with this line: "Back in the day, a trick once stole my father's gold money clip right in front of me." Seema asked why didn't you stop him? He replied: "I was handcuffed to the bed."

Was Anthony who revealed Stanford's boyfriend Marcus Adant was a hustler admitting he  was once one?  🫢``clutches pearls``

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, T Summer said:

I was just thinking the very same thing wow they really spent a lot of time having her read and reread that part about finding him on the floor of the shower.

and also I was wondering what Candace Bushnell would think of this mess?

What's with this line: "Back in the day, a trick once stole my father's gold money clip right in front of me." Seema asked why didn't you stop him? He replied: "I was handcuffed to the bed."

Was Anthony who revealed Stanford's boyfriend Marcus Adant was a hustler admitting he  was once one?  🫢``clutches pearls``

I think “trick” doesn’t have to mean “John,” I think it can just refer to someone you took home for the night.  Any gay men on here to confirm that?  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

Another plot hole- what did Miranda think when she brought her phone into the taping illegally?  Was she just going to answer it if Brady called?  Suddenly run out of the studio?  Stupid.  Makes no sense.   A better way to do this would have been to have her miss the taping, because she had to face the choice, right there, of leaving her phone (and Brady) or supporting Che.  That could’ve made her realize what was more Important.  They could’ve had the same fight outside the studio after she missed the taping.  Also, Che came off as a selfish bitch who doesn’t care about Miranda at all.  Third plot hole:  why would that guy be stealing all the very unique items from a buzzy new designer at a show that got a ton of press?  There’s absolutely NO WAY he could’ve fenced those they would be immediately identifiable, no fence would touch them.  

• Like 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Another plot hole- what did Miranda think when she brought her phone into the taping illegally?  Was she just going to answer it if Brady called?  Suddenly run out of the studio?  Stupid.  Makes no sense.   A better way to do this would have been to have her miss the taping, because she had to face the choice, right there, of leaving her phone (and Brady) or supporting Che.  That could’ve made her realize what was more Important.  They could’ve had the same fight outside the studio after she missed the taping.  Also, Che came off as a selfish bitch who doesn’t care about Miranda at all.  Third plot hole:  why would that guy be stealing all the very unique items from a buzzy new designer at a show that got a ton of press?  There’s absolutely NO WAY he could’ve fenced those they would be immediately identifiable, no fence would touch them.  

Thank you! "Stupid" was exactly the word I thought of. (And you could see what was going to happen a mile away.) This new, ditzy Miranda is hard to take. I totally get why Che was upset, and I don't think she was being selfish. (Again, Miranda was stupid.) As they said, Che's not a trained actor who could pull off doing the scene again and getting a sitcom is a standup's dream. (Granted the show's "comedy" sucked, but in Carrieville that doesn't matter.) This could change Che's life and mean economic security. 

That said, seems like this show might be getting somewhat funny again!

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

It seemed like a pretty serious relationship even if they were young, serious enough to travel Europe together, and him breaking down crying that "everyone is breaking up" sounds like some of this is really about his parents breaking up. Of course he's upset about his mom seemingly randomly dumping his dad and running off across the country with a subpar comedian. Hopefully we see Steve again living his best life. I was so glad that Miranda stood up to Che, she's become a shell of her former self, all she does is try to appease Che and flop around being a stay at home girlfriend. 

On team Che here. When Che first came outside, they knew nothing of what was going on with Brady - they were just shaken, embarrassed, and probably afraid since they'd have to do the scene again and they're not a solid actor. When Miranda explained the circumstances, Che did reel it in and express concern for Brady. Miranda has become stupid. She's like Lobotomized Miranda.

I bet Tony Danza would be just as kind and wonderful in real life.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I bet Tony Danza would be just as kind and wonderful in real life.

I adore Tony Danza, he does really showcase warmth and compassion! (I believe he taught for a year in Philly a few years ago because he said he always wanted to be a teacher)  Honestly he is what is keeping me from fast forwarding this whole Che and Miranda in California story. 

Edited to add:  I wrote in last weeks forum that I loved that it was him who told Che why  it would not be acceptable for him to play "Mexican" when he is Italian and everyone knows it. Che is always the one schooling people on what is and is not appropriate it was glorious to see the tables turned - and it was Tony Danza doing it! 

Edited by zamp33
  • Like 15
8 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Miranda has become stupid. She's like Lobotomized Miranda.

21 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

This new, ditzy Miranda is hard to take.

Maybe playing alongside Charlotte who seems more and more to have become possessed of the spirit of Chrissy Snow over time... has rubbed off on  her. I take back what I stated last week  that Charlotte doesn't seem as bad as last season. Do they watch this drivel back after recording it? The two of them are verging on coming across as the characters  they portray have some  kind of intellectual impairment.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, zamp33 said:

I adore Tony Danza, he does really showcase warmth and compassion! (I believe he taught for a year in Philly a few years ago because he said he always wanted to be a teacher)  Honestly he is what is keeping me from fast forwarding this whole Che and Miranda in California story. 

Edited to add:  I wrote in last weeks forum that I loved that it was him who told Che why  it would not be acceptable for him to play "Mexican" when he is Italian and everyone knows it. Che is always the one schooling people on what is and is not appropriate it was glorious to see the tables turned - and it was Tony Danza doing it! 

I didn't think he was schooling her. He knows it's the network casting a "name." Not Che's doing.

• Like 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Hanahope said:

aand Michael key was the sound guy right?  he will definitely be back.  

That wasn't Keegan Michael Key, but he did resemble him. He's hot, but now I wish it WAS him. 

Ok, I mostly liked this one. Carrie trying to get thru that chapter was actually really emotional. I also didn't think the prose of the memoir was terrible. No, it's no Year of Magical Thinking, but I still felt moved by it. And the conversation with Bitsy was nice. Tho since I think it was at least hinted at that Bobby died from Covid early on,  the subsequent jokes about Covid are maybe kind of tasteless. But the fact is...it's almost commonplace now, so it also seemed kind of realistic. 

I liked the Nya and LTW scenes. A little Seema goes a long way for me, kind of like Samantha did, but I liked her gun lighter. And the loose, drapey tan pantsuit she was wearing when she found her Birkin. I still don't get the appeal of a Birkin, but I get feeling so attached to an object. 

I also still don't get Che's hair, I just hate it. But I didn't hate Che here. The sitcom seems, you know, not good, but there's a ton of bad hit sitcoms around. I actually thought the dialogue about Tony Danza not wanting to lose his little girl was kind of progressive. Anyway, Che wasn't wrong to be pissed at Miranda, who just shouldn't have gone into the taping. She told Brady to call her, so wtf was she thinking? I still do kind of hate Miranda, who seems to have some kind of dementia half the time. I still have no idea what Che sees in her. 

Still, I was vaguely impressed that she actually peeled herself away from Che to be there for Brady. And I can't hate on Brady for crying and wanting his mom. He's young and going thru his 1st heartbreak, in another country, alone.  And yeah, I think and hope he's finally going to let Miranda know her dumping his dad to go be a groupie for an unfunny comic is some bullshit. 

I like Lisette. The actress is great looking and appealing. 

The MILF list was sort of funny but the ogling of the teen age boy is pretty creepy. Tho, since someone brought up General Hospital (and I agree about Tony Geary shitting all over the legacy of Luke n Laura), I'm reminded that a billion years ago, my BFF and I couldn't help noticing how beautiful Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) was, when he was probably 16, and speculating on how gorgeous he'd be when he grew up. The age gap between us and him wasn't as great as a high school kid and these MILF moms, but still. Anyway, that scene probably really should have been reconsidered. 

Anyway. I kind of liked this episode and, you know, didn't think it sucked. So there's that.

Wasn't Tony Danza kind of in a little hot water recently for being a dick to a reporter who asked him what he thought was a stupid question?

Miranda's tattoo was underwhelming but I liked the tattoo artist guy. 

Edited by luna1122again
  • Like 7

I enjoyed the episode.  I thought SJP did a very good job with her breakdown in the recording studio.  Even when you think you are moving past a trauma, it's so easy to be triggered again.  

I liked the silliness of the MILF storyline. Charlotte and LTW have really good comic timing together.      

I did think the guy just stealing jewelry and demanding Carrie and Seema hand their jewelry over simply by insisting they do it (with no visible weapon) was odd.  On the plus side, I really do like Seema.  She always looks impeccable.     

• Like 10