Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Chapter Twenty Four - The Return

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Was I the only one expecting Grogu to say something cute? Glad they didn't go that route.

43 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Nope! I thought he might bust out a little “This is the way” when they were at the living waters, but that would have been a little too cute.

I was waiting for "Dad" at the adoption ceremony.  I think it would have been cheesy, but I was game for it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cloudly said:

It could work like old Nordic names, where your surname is made up of your father's (or mother's) name + -son/-dottir. So, Ander's son is Anderson. And, in this instance, surname first. So if Grogu has a kid the kid's name would be Grogu xxx. Pure speculation, I'm sure the likeliest possibility is that Din is the surname, Djarin the given name. HOWEVER, look at Bo-Katan, where "Kryze" is obviously her surname – "of house Kryze" and so on. Her father was named Adonai Kryze. So different rules for different Mandalorians? Hmm...

It could be Din Djarin’s home planet uses the surname first and the Armorer is just respecting that. It’s a first for Mandalorians in Star Wars. Even in the Children of the Watch it’s Paz and Ragnar Viszla of house Viszla. 

Asian cultures use last name, first name. Most of the Mandalorians we've met are from clans or houses. Djarin was a foundling without a house name. 

If he gets a house, then it could be Grogu of house Din. 

I will say the fight in the air was awesome. You could tell this is the Mandalorian culuture. You can't just put on beskar armor and call yourself Mandalorian. The fake ones are easily defeated.

• Like 5

All of the force use by Grogu was either defensive or protective, or a combo of both.  When he did the force field to protect the three of them  from the fiery explosion I was in awe of his power.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Well, I'm very happy with this episode. I'm also glad that I stayed away from on-line speculation. My main worry was that the Mandalorians would once again lose their planet and that Bo would get killed in the fight. Yeah, priorities and all that. I expect to see occasional return visits to Mandalore in season 4. There are still a couple of loose plot threads. Hi Mythosaur - Bye Mythosaur. And I do hope the Mandalorians finally get over their tendency for infighting.

22 minutes ago, magdalene said:

All of the force use by Grogu was either defensive or protective, or a combo of both.  When he did the force field to protect the three of them  from the fiery explosion I was in awe of his power.

That was great! No force choking, he stayed on the light side of the force throughout! I might need a still from that shot of Din, Bo and Grogu as little family unit engulfed by flames!

Now that they've put Grogu firmly on the path (err... way) I suppose the show's title refers to him.

On a sidenote: when Din and Grogu entered the cantina (?) in the end I noticed that we could actually see Grogu's feet walking over the floor instead of him just hobbling along. Did we see that before and I was just not paying enough attention?

• Like 5

Djarin only wants to hunt down Imps... No Carbonite required... No warm or cold choice... Just cold...

ETA: First mission- Kill all Gideon stooges in the Amnesty program.

Edited by paigow
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

That was no joke. And it was for a long time. He didn't get trained for that. If he really unleashes, look out. He pushed Gideon's wand out too. I thought he was going to force pull one of the guard's weapons and throw it back at him. 

I actually think losing the darksaber was good. It's one less thing for them to bitch about. Maybe they can actually talk about how to rebuilt the planet. 

I couldn't believe Axe made it all the way to cruiser on the jet pack. No one called that last week. I thought he was going down with the ship. I kept yelling at him to bail, and I thought he might have run out of gas!

This was way too fast though. I agree finally lighting the Forge should have been end of A New Hope level. 

• Like 8
37 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Why did that seem like it could be a SERIES finale?!?! I really hope not!

Because it could be if things don't work out with what the creatives are planning? Season 4 is written but not officially announced.  And that movie that is being planned is no certainty either considering Lucasfilm  track record with movies lately.  I am glad there was no cliffhanger and I am hopeful there will be more but just in case I am grateful for this ending.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Because it could be if things don't work out with what the creatives are planning? Season 4 is written but not officially announced.

In this case the creatives are also the executives so Lucasfilm would pretty much have to completely crash and burn for us not to get season four and the movie. 

40 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I am glad there was no cliffhanger and I am hopeful there will be more but just in case I am grateful for this ending.

Yeah, you just never know, so it’s so nice to have an unqualified happy ending.  It actually threw me at first that there were no loose ends or post-credit threats (I didn’t trust it!), since I can’t remember the last show I watched where things ended completely happily.

It harkens back both to S1 when Omera suggested that Djarin stay in their community and raise “his boy” (where he clearly had a little bit of longing for some sort of more peaceful existence) and Djarin’s speech earlier this season about why they should help Nevarro (so that their children can freely “play in the sun”).

It’s also so nice that when you think back to season 1, when Greef Karga was going to kill Djarin, that they have come so far, are such good friends and that he was the last character we left before the house scene.

• Like 4

This was a great episode, I thought it was a fun season even if it was a little different from before... but things have to change and evolve. Surprised how few side quests Mando had to go on this season, though they could be setting up a return to that kind of fun adventure next season with him and Grogu going back to bounty hunting. 

We were laughing about the lack of railings over the giant pit... and I loved Grogu jumping into the fray to protect Mando, I should rewatch, but it looked like Grogu was making the red guard guys fall over, and it was hilarious- they would just go tumbling. 

It was a nice to end on a happy note for now... though I was hoping for Mando to take off his helmet. I actually wanted him to do it when they were down by the waters of Mandalore, and be all like, I'll just hop back in the water for my special bath again, it's cool... 

• Like 7

That felt like a series finale.  And if it is the series finale, that goes down as one of the best.

You could almost hear the Armorer screaming in her mind "It's about fucking time" when Djarin said he wanted to adopt Grogu.  She's wanted him to do that for a long time.  Somebody saved his life, took him in as a foundling, and adopted him, and she just wanted him to do the same for Grogu.

Bo firing up the Darksaber and leading the charge of Mandalorians?  Perfection.

Grogu got to save his dad, and the woman that he wants to become his mom.  Bo immediately went to shield him from the blast.  Time for Bo to admit it, she's got a mother's love for Grogu.  Djarin, Bo, and Grogu are family goals in the Star Wars universe.

Bo's clan of Mandalorians called Djarin's clan zealots because of the helmet rule, but also weren't the biggest fan of foundlings.  Djarin's clan had the hard stance of the helmet rule, but believed that people like him could be Mandalorian.  At the end, they both said "Screw our hard rule", Djarin's clan was standing alongside Bo's clan, and Bo's clan accepted Grogu as a Mandalorian.

• Like 8

Last scene was the best thing of the whole season and this is what this series should be about and not the whole mess we had this season.
I hate it that I needed to watch another series to understand how Grogu got back with Mando. I even tried to read on line the story of Mandalor and I got a headache.  
And to be honest, I really did not care for Mandalorians and their planet and  I do not find them and their way interesting at all, they are creepy!
Yes, our main hero is a Mandalorian and follows "the way", but the whole appeal of the first season was how a monolithic and boring tough fighter had to get softer, and babysit and bond with Grogu. Those two are the whole series.
It is not Bo Katan, it is not various evil empire warlords, it is the Dins!

However  I think the major issue here, is Pedro's availability. The guy basically does a voice over..
Anyway, if this episode was the series finale I am absolutely ok with it.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, paigow said:

With all the budget Gideon had... no safety railings around work platforms above a bottomless mineshaft..

20 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I guess there is no OSHA in the Empire or Republic

Apparently Ewoks are the only ones in the galaxy with OSHA. 

14 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Isn't Din still part of the sect that believes he shouldn't take his helmet off in front of others?  Even family?  The Mandos merged but they still seem to follow in their own ways.

I'm assuming it's like countries that have people following the same religion, but with different interpretations of it.  

11 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Minor Andor spoiler:

Hide contents

Maybe Axe used to work at that Imperial Fuel Bureau we saw in Andor and he left because of his obnoxious try-hard coworker. Would the timing line up for that?

I don't think the timing lines up. Andor takes place 5 years before A New Hope and Mandalorian takes place about 5 years after Return of the Jedi. It would be about 15 years between Andor and The Mandalorian

The episode was great. Almost everything fit together in the end. The music felt like truly epic Star Wars. The fight scenes didn't go on for too long, and there were different fights/battles to cut away too. 

Edited by Sarah 103
13 hours ago, Cloudly said:

It could work like old Nordic names, where your surname is made up of your father's (or mother's) name + -son/-dottir. So, Ander's son is Anderson. And, in this instance, surname first. So if Grogu has a kid the kid's name would be Grogu xxx. Pure speculation, I'm sure the likeliest possibility is that Din is the surname, Djarin the given name. HOWEVER, look at Bo-Katan, where "Kryze" is obviously her surname – "of house Kryze" and so on. Her father was named Adonai Kryze. So different rules for different Mandalorians? Hmm...

Din Djarin isn't a Mandalorian by birth, he was adopted by them as an orphan foundling. So his naming pattern will come from the people he was born to, rather than the Mandalorians.

And was surely designed because someone, somewhere behind the scenes, suddenly realised that Din Grogu sounds better than Grogu Djarin!

Also, for those of us who have got used to calling Din Djarin 'Din', there is no reason not to continue - it still works, in just the same way that over in the Star Trek fandom Jean-Luc Picard and William Riker are mostly known as Picard and Riker rather than as Jean-Luc and Will! A lot of characters are primarily known by their surnames.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 8
6 hours ago, Jediknight said:

You could almost hear the Armorer screaming in her mind "It's about fucking time" when Djarin said he wanted to adopt Grogu.  She's wanted him to do that for a long time. 

But go on a suicide mission to soak yourself first....

11 hours ago, Jediknight said:

You could almost hear the Armorer screaming in her mind "It's about fucking time" when Djarin said he wanted to adopt Grogu.  She's wanted him to do that for a long time.  Somebody saved his life, took him in as a foundling, and adopted him, and she just wanted him to do the same for Grogu.

I took her reading of 'weeeeelllll, his parents would have to approve and noooooo oooonnnnne knows where they are, do we?' really like, come on.

When the other kid was in the water reciting the oath I was saying, 'Watch the steps!'

• LOL 5
14 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I couldn't believe Axe made it all the way to cruiser on the jet pack.

Yeah apparently the jetpacks are back to having unlimited range after running out of fuel quickly when chasing that dragon thing.

I am really amused by how much all of the spoilers got totally wrong about how this episode would go. No big death, no traitors, no huge galaxy spanning plot twist, everything was nicely wrapped up while setting up for more future adventures. It very much felt like it could be a series finale, even if we know that more is coming, but if it was the series finale I would say that its a great one. No major deaths, Gideon is finally defeated for real, the Mandalorians finally have their planet back, and Din has officially adopted Grogu! He's been his in all but name since the end of season one, but now its Armorer approved official. My only real complaint was that I wish it was a bit longer as the end felt rather rushed, but overall I am very satisfied by the episode and by the season overall. It was a very different season, spending a lot more time on the situation around the galaxy than we have before and with Bo as basically the co protagonist, but I really liked them moving the story forward. It sounds like next season might be more back to basics, with Din (which is his last name!) and Grogu finding bounties, just now for the New Republic, which should be really interesting. 

Interesting that the Armorer didn't mention the never take your helmet off rule during this ceremony, I am guessing that's going to be important, especially now that they are back with more of the mainstream Mandalorians. Are we going to see a few more faces now? 

Of course Gideon's base has a bunch of random giant catwalks with no railings so far up that if you fall off you fall forever, that's classic Empire. Why be OSHA compliant when you can be extra evil? Some really great fight scenes in this episode, as always. Bo leading the air attack with the Dark Saber while the Armorer swung at people with her hammer midair was especially awesome, although Din and Grogu versus the Praetorian Guards was a close second. 

That shot of Grogu protecting Din and Bo from the fire was an incredible shot and a great moment for the little guy. It helps his story come full circle from his flashbacks to Order 66. He was forced to watch his first home be destroyed, but now he can protect his new family. I know that Bo is going to be busy being the new leader of Mandalor, but hopefully she still has the time to come visit the guys in their new house. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Was Grogu communicating with the Mythasaur? 

Sure seemed that way to me with the way they cut directly to it opening it's eye right after the scene with Grogru. I fully expect to see Grogru riding that Mythosaur at some point, and even though my favorite Zaddy and his Baby are off on their own right now, I hope to see the other Manadalorians next season.

I spent the last week reading speculations on who "the spies" were. Boy were they all wrong! I spent this episode waiting for Axe or the Armorer to turn on them. I was so glad they didn't! I loved Axe "climbing" to outer space in his suit, and all of the Mandolorians flying down to the ships. I loved all of them flying into battle together with Bo and the Dark Saber out it front - what a cool visual! I don't know what the limit is for getting tired of flying Mandolorians, but apparently I haven't reached it yet. It always gets me hyped!

I really liked this episode; not as much as the Season 1 or 2 finales, but still good. I am glad nothing catastrophic happened to any of the characters I care about. I loved seeing Grogru tap into his force abilities, I loved seeing Din Djarin kick ass (finally!) for once this season, and I loved the united Mandalorians back on their home planet. I think as a whole this season felt less tight plot-wise. In the end, I think was a mistake to try to wedge their failed Rangers of the Republic plot into this show. It was very obvious and clunky, and after the superb Andor, it felt disjointed and messy.

One final thought: We still don't know who rescued Moff Gideon and who left the Beskar......

• Like 1

I don't get Pedro Pascal even being connected with this show.  he pretty much never seen, so his actual participation is meniscal.  I know the lore is the never take your helmet off but come on, alone in your space ship, by yourself at your new home, and (Gus) Forces the helmet off katee sakoff but doesn't Pedro? new flash he isn't even behind that so why even use Pedro in this show?   Not seeing Pedro in this show that's what ticks me off. 

• Like 1

What was the point of having one episode dedicated to the doctor we never met with his brain get scrambled (and showing these scenes in the Previouslies)? We never saw him again or saw anyone get brain scrambled. I thought for sure when they captured Mando last episode that that’s what they were going to do to him. Or at least attempt it.

• Like 3

It seems the key to building suspense is to give an episode a misleading title that leaves the audience looking for things. I'm not sure if this episode would have been as intense if I hadn't been anxiously expecting a sudden and inevitable betrayal after "The Spies" last week. When Axe told everyone to get off the ship and head below, I was worried he was setting them all up, but then he was totally on the level. So then I wondered where the Armorer was, and as she and Bo-Katan were flying down, I waited for her to turn on Bo-Katan. Without that worry, the episode was somewhat perfunctory. It seemed like it was all resolved relatively easily. We didn't quite get Terminator Grogu going after Gideon, but we did get some "No! No! No!" to some of the souped up Stormtroopers.

I've seen it suggested that they were doing a Biblical parallel and "The Spies" was a reference to the spies the Israelites sent to Canaan to check out the Promised Land, just as the crew sent to Mandalore last week was checking out Mandalore.

When the Armorer was flying, I kind of got a Thor vibe from her, what with the little fur cape, the horned helmet, and the hammer.

Cloning yourself to populate a planet with yourself has to be the ultimate act of narcissism. I'm glad it was Gideon trying to use Grogu's blood to get force sensitive clones instead of Grogu being used for Palpatine clones because it was kind of bothering me to consider that it might make Rey in some ways a descendant of Grogu (since Rey is the daughter of a Palpatine clone).

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tv-talk said:

Yeah apparently the jetpacks are back to having unlimited range after running out of fuel quickly when chasing that dragon thing.

Yeah. They have exactly as much range as the plot requires. Although at least with the jet packs there are potential fuel related explanations. The never ending supply of rockets for Boba Fett’s rocket launcher will forever irritate me. 

5 hours ago, tv-talk said:

Maybe they did some upgrades after that incident. Were they low on fuel because of living in that remote place and got a refuel after merging with the group that had all the spaceships?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

What was the point of having one episode dedicated to the doctor we never met with his brain get scrambled (and showing these scenes in the Previouslies)? We never saw him again or saw anyone get brain scrambled. I thought for sure when they captured Mando last episode that that’s what they were going to do to him. Or at least attempt it.

Doctor Pershing was a key character to this whole series as he and Werner Herzog (the client) were the ones responsible for placing the bounty on Grogu. He had saved Grogu in S1 and helped our heroes again in S2. The previouslies about him relate to the fact that he is the cloning engineer who worked on Gideon's clones. I didn't enjoy the episode where he was betrayed either but he's been quite important to the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Maybe they did some upgrades after that incident. Were they low on fuel because of living in that remote place and got a refuel after merging with the group that had all the spaceships?

My hand wave is that the Axe Woves group just has better jet packs with better range than the culty clan. Or that dragon thing flies way way way way farther than we think for hunting.

• Like 8

Grogu’s existence has irritated me since it appeared (check past posts for those comments), and this ep showed why it is a problem. 

Either Grogu can handle itself and therefore there is no cause for worry when it is separated and fighting the three force sisters, or it can’t take care of itself and it shouldn’t be near that danger. It makes no sense to drag a clear liability into battle (the mech suit was a joke).

The only sense it does make is merchandising sense. And no, just because Grogu managed to force-topple bad guys here and there doesn’t mean its presence paid off. May as well praise collapsing steel beams for falling in people as “good strategy.”

This ep, like the Jack Black ep, felt kind of embarrassing. Like the show was made for 12yo kids, and offers nothing beyond that. It was pretty, sure. But it has become so simplistic (and cutesy, with Grogu) that it really does work better as a Saturday morning cartoon than thoughtful story telling. 

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That shot of Grogu protecting Din and Bo from the fire was an incredible shot and a great moment for the little guy.

This is the way.

flame.thumb.jpg.e434fb67b2db56f720f7bb598992a738.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, tv-talk said:

12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Not to mention the additional force to overcome the gravity well of the *planet* to get to low atmosphere. They were essentially at sea level chasing that dinosaur. 

My thought was that the Armorer’s group had land/earth based jet packs that sputtered out while Axe Woves and his team had special ‘space-y’ properties that gave it endurance and longevity that the former group didn’t need on planet.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ottis said:

Grogu’s existence has irritated me since it appeared (check past posts for those comments), and this ep showed why it is a problem. 

Either Grogu can handle itself and therefore there is no cause for worry when it is separated and fighting the three force sisters, or it can’t take care of itself and it shouldn’t be near that danger. It makes no sense to drag a clear liability into battle (the mech suit was a joke).

The only sense it does make is merchandising sense. And no, just because Grogu managed to force-topple bad guys here and there doesn’t mean its presence paid off. May as well praise collapsing steel beams for falling in people as “good strategy.”

This ep, like the Jack Black ep, felt kind of embarrassing. Like the show was made for 12yo kids, and offers nothing beyond that. It was pretty, sure. But it has become so simplistic (and cutesy, with Grogu) that it really does work better as a Saturday morning cartoon than thoughtful story telling. 

Him. The show has been very clear about Grogu's gender. He is a him, not an 'it'. You may not like the character, but he has been an integral part of the show since the first episode, so surely, three seasons in, it is time to accept that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3

when the show got to the scene at the end where the group was at the mystic waters, i said "don't step too far out".  definitely need to keep close to the steps.  

definitely have to wonder how Grogu got to Djarin when D was captured.  IG-12 was a good way for G to move around at the right height, but definitely not for fighting.  

i'm surprised that Gideon didn't have the praetorean guards around his clones, rather than leaving them vulnerable.  

and yes, a whole week spent reading and thinking about who could be the second spy.  intended?

Did Paz already take his kid on 'apprentice' ventures, or was the bit with the bird good enough?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

Did Paz already take his kid on 'apprentice' ventures, or was the bit with the bird good enough?

Since the kid was already taking his vows back at the start of the season, before being so rudely interrupted, he must have served his full apprenticeship off-screen while we were following Din and Grogu.

• Like 1
On 4/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, Sakura12 said:

Was Grogu communicating with the Mythasaur?

I don’t know if they were actively communicating, I think it was more that Grogu can sense it via the force- he knows there’s something really big and alive down there. I got more of an impression that he kind of “poked it” with the force and the mythasaur responded by opening its eye and being like “hello, what’s this very intense little bundle of force energy?” and the rolling back over and going back to sleep. 

• Like 9
24 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I wonder about that, too. Paz said Ragnar was his son, so was he by birth, or had Paz adopted him sometime in the past? In S1 Din brought his wages, after Greef Karga paid him for his bounties, to the Armorer--some for upgrades to his armor, 1 piece at a time (until the big payday he got for turning in Grogu), and said the rest was "for the foundlings". But I don't recall if any of the other Mandalorians in the covert at the time "did" anything (all bounty hunters, or some other type of work to earn money). Paz Vizla was there but I don't remember if he brought in any money for the covert, either.

So, going forward--if there is indeed a S4 with the Din Clan bounty hunting for the Republic now, I wonder if they'll stop in on Mandalore on occasion and give some of their bounty/wages to the Armorer again, to help care for the foundlings. I should think many of the Mandos will need to stay on planet to help rebuild while others such as the Dins, Axe Woves and the Nite Owls, would go off doing jobs to provide funds to help with the rebuilding. I think S4 has a lot of potential for interactions with many of our favorite guest stars from previous seasons and being guests on some of the newer SW shows, all leading up to the movie where they all come together against the same enemy (Thrawn, possibly a badly scarred Moff Gideon or one of his clones if any survived?).

• Like 6
2 hours ago, kimaken said:

I think S4 has a lot of potential for interactions with many of our favorite guest stars from previous seasons and being guests on some of the newer SW shows, all leading up to the movie where they all come together against the same enemy (Thrawn, possibly a badly scarred Moff Gideon or one of his clones if any survived?).

Approximately 20 years remain before The Force Awakens - plenty of time to resolve all the plot points...

I think Disney has a plan to have some shows with likable characters (Charlie Cox's Daredevil, Grogu and his Dad) kind of anchor other characters and shows and hold them together. (just randomly guessing) So as bounty hunters they can show up and support in many timelines, while having only a vague arc of their own, in this case teaching the apprentice the 'way of the mandalorian'.

This sure came across as a series finale, though. Better than most series get, for sure, even if it will be back for a fourth season.

I really thought the fight scenes were well choreographed.

I did like that the first thing Djarin does after he officially becomes a dad is to take the kid to a bar. Way to go, new dad person. Way to go. I also liked the way Grogu dug into the bar snacks. I hope they are old, wormy bar snacks. I feel he'd like them wormy.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:25 AM, paigow said:

A lot of freelance Mandalorians remain scattered around the galaxy... Bo needs political credibility to entice them home and impose a uniform set of space chess rules...

If Beskar is ferric, all she needs to do is build a really big magnet. Maybe that would be hard, but you could send out ships to different systems, start up a magnetic prong, and then scrape the Mandolorians into a bucket, take them back to Mandalore, and sort them out.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, meeeechiganman said:

I don't get Pedro Pascal even being connected with this show.  he pretty much never seen, so his actual participation is meniscal.  I know the lore is the never take your helmet off but come on, alone in your space ship, by yourself at your new home, and (Gus) Forces the helmet off katee sakoff but doesn't Pedro? new flash he isn't even behind that so why even use Pedro in this show?   Not seeing Pedro in this show that's what ticks me off. 

I support him getting the voice work and the paycheck.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

I did like that the first thing Djarin does after he officially becomes a dad is to take the kid to a bar. Way to go, new dad person. Way to go. I also liked the way Grogu dug into the bar snacks. I hope they are old, wormy bar snacks. I feel he'd like them wormy.

Not many places with kids menu... go where the snacks are free... or find an Outer Rim Costco and camp at the sample station.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
36 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

And Grogu is still reportedly 50 years old, even though that might still be a 'child' in his lifetime.  Yoda was over 900 years old.

Yes, it still makes no sense to me, I'm not suspending disbelief, I'm treating this like a childrens book. Yup, stuffed bear and pig, a beautiful friendship.

• Like 1

Maybe this was the end of this particular book in the Mando-verse. It had 24 chapters and this was the ending.  On to the next book?

I think Grogu is becoming a pacifist Mandalorian.  I was told those did exist and that Bo's sister was one. Remember when he had to be prompted several times to shoot Ragnar with the paint ball dart?

When Din officially adopted him his little chest swelled with pride.

The little guy remembered IG-11  bacta-spraying Din in the first season and made sure to spray a lot on Din's helmet and his armor.

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I think Grogu is becoming a pacifist Mandalorian.  I was told those did exist and that Bo's sister was one. Remember when he had to be prompted several times to shoot Ragnar with the paint ball dart?

When Din officially adopted him his little chest swelled with pride.

The little guy remembered IG-11  bacta-spraying Din in the first season and made sure to spray a lot on Din's helmet and his armor.

I agree, I hope he's going to be the peacemaker.  Plus, he stopped the fight between Axe and Paz when Bo said that no one could step in.  Little Grogu didn't care, he'll stop them!

I also enjoyed the fact that he kept spraying long after Din said he was okay and didn't need it.  Grogu wasn't taking any chances!

• Like 6

One thing I just heard highlighted on a podcast (which I didn’t notice when I watched) is that when Ragnar is being baptized the second time on Mandalore, the Armorer changes the wording of the vows slightly:  before, it included an oath not to remove your helmet, and this time, it did not.

That would be an interesting development if the epic battle that they all engaged in together against the common enemy evolved the thinking on “what it means to be Mandalorian.”  I kind of wish that they had more explicitly explored that theme this season, but it’s an interesting possible point for the future.

• Like 4