Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, gaPeach said:

So sorry.  I did not mean to cast any aspersions on thin lipped people.  Just her.  And I was totally distracted by them when she talked. I think I needed the distraction so I did not start yelling at my TV.  :-)

I get it, lol. Someone else commented about her “too far away eyebrows” and I actually had to look that up.😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Again, people in power abusing it and ruining innocent people's lives and letting the real killers go because of egos, stupidity or power.......

That's the thing that gets me about these kinds of cases. These people will abuse their power and put innocent people in jail because they need to look "tough on crime" or they've got an election coming up and want to win or whatever...they seriously never seem to stop to think that at some point people will start to notice that hey, these innocent people are sitting in jail and the person(s) who actually committed the violent crime are still out there. What do they think's going to happen when they claim they got their man or woman only for the violent crimes to still continue? I don't get how they just don't see or care about how much that'll backfire on them, that it never occurs to them that voters will be mad that they didn't do their jobs/live up to their promise to be tough on crime. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

That's the thing that gets me about these kinds of cases. These people will abuse their power and put innocent people in jail because they need to look "tough on crime" or they've got an election coming up and want to win or whatever...they seriously never seem to stop to think that at some point people will start to notice that hey, these innocent people are sitting in jail and the person(s) who actually committed the violent crime are still out there. What do they think's going to happen when they claim they got their man or woman only for the violent crimes to still continue? I don't get how they just don't see or care about how much that'll backfire on them, that it never occurs to them that voters will be mad that they didn't do their jobs/live up to their promise to be tough on crime. 

Most think who’s gonna believe them? And how difficult it is to get a retrial at all …

• Love 6
7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

How this DA thought she was going to come off good on this piece just shows her lack of integrity, moral compass and common sense.  How she believed Pam and her ever changing story and to this day still believe the husband did it is BS. 

Pam Hupp episode:

Evil prosecutor Leah Askey remarried and her last name is Chaney. If you want to laugh, look up “Chaney Law Group” on Yelp and look at the reviews. People are appalled by her Dateline interview and they are not holding back.

And yes, I’m 100% here for it.

Hearing Keith Morrison’s absolute disbelief at her stupid answers and his eye rolls made my night! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
50 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Pam Hupp episode:

Evil prosecutor Leah Askey remarried and her last name is Chaney. If you want to laugh, look up “Chaney Law Group” on Yelp and look at the reviews. People are appalled by her Dateline interview and they are not holding back.

And yes, I’m 100% here for it.

Hearing Keith Morrison’s absolute disbelief at her stupid answers and his eye rolls made my night! 

Good! What a fool for agreeing to be interviewed. Now her new name is out there and she deserves what she gets. 

• Love 13

I have no respect for this prosecutor or police investigation at all.  How do you ignore an alibi backed up by 4 people, a receipt and probably street cameras?  How do you ignore the last person seen with her?  How do you not investigate the fact that the victim changed her beneficiary to this same person  4 days before  she dies? How do you not investigate when she had to be told to put the money  in trust before the trial? 
I understand the feelings of the teenage  daughters, the mom and Russ.  The first two trusted the prosecutors and police.   Believe me, I’ve lived long enough that I’ve seen a couple people  I didn’t think were capable of participating in a murder … participate in one.  So I can understand trusting the authorities to know better than you do.  I also can understand why an innocent man would feel totally hurt by them not believing him and testifying in court. Also remember that Becky herself told someone  that she  thought Russ should not be the beneficiary of the life insurance.  So he may have been a little irresponsible but that doesn’t mean he should  be prosecuted for murder. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

And GPS!

Seriously, this especially makes it a headscratcher. Look at how so many investigators nowadays crow all the time about how great things like GPS or, as noted in the post you quoted, cameras, or other technologies of that sort are, because they're supposed to make their jobs that much easier, and they trust them so implicitly.

But in this case, these investigators looked at all that stuff and were like, "Eh, yeah, well, it doesn't fit our narrative, so we're just gonna ignore it." 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Seriously, this especially makes it a headscratcher. Look at how so many investigators nowadays crow all the time about how great things like GPS or, as noted in the post you quoted, cameras, or other technologies of that sort are, because they're supposed to make their jobs that much easier, and they trust them so implicitly.

But in this case, these investigators looked at all that stuff and were like, "Eh, yeah, well, it doesn't fit our narrative, so we're just gonna ignore it." 

Meanwhile, they knew from GPS that Pam was there and lied about being home when she was still within 3 miles of Betsy’s house. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Toothbrush said:

Wasn’t Leah Askey romantically involved with one of the investigators? I’m surprised that didn’t come out in the mini-series or Dateline. 

It didn't become a huge part of the mini-series but they did show that they were involved.  I am surprised it didn't come up in the updated Dateline episode, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think the prosecutor was stupid and arrogant enough to believe the interview would be good publicity for her law firm, but she didn't anticipate that it would come off as badly as it did.   I hope she has to shut her "law firm" down.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think the prosecutor was stupid and arrogant enough to believe the interview would be good publicity for her law firm, but she didn't anticipate that it would come off as badly as it did.   I hope she has to shut her "law firm" down.

The fact that she didn't anticipate how she would come across, speaks volumes as to how stupid she is.  Keith Morrison did not even try to contain his disbelief at her continued support of Pam the murder but doubled down that she still thinks the husband did it!  How did the defense attorney not ask where the arrest warrants were for the 4 people the husband was playing cards with?  You know the ones that were in cahoots with him to kill his wife. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

The fact that she didn't anticipate how she would come across, speaks volumes as to how stupid she is.

Especially considering the show she's being interviewed for. This is "Dateline", a pretty popular, well-known program with interviewers who are known to hold people's feet to the fire when interviewing them. 

But as others noted, I guess in her mind, there was no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. 

• Love 15

I echo all of the people who can't believe the arrogance of Leah Askey to still believe she did the right thing. And I especially can't believe that she basically accused Russ's  friends of being co-conspirators by accusing them of lying about his whereabouts and keeping his cellphone for him in order to provide an alibi. Now that she is no longer a prosecutor, she should no longer have qualified immunity and they should sue her for slander since she's accusing them of conspiracy even as she is now a private citizen! Ridiculous! Where is her proof that they conspired with Russ and did all those things she accused them of? I hope her law firm goes under. Who the hell would hire her anyway? She's clearly incompetent. 

• Love 16

Watched an episode I've not seen before, called "Miles From Nowhere". It's about this guy, Chad, who chased down a car full of young men who'd been wandering around near his property, and he shot at them multiple times. Injured a couple of the guys, and one died.

And I can't even with this Chad guy. That sign outside his property, about the "Republic of Chad" and how only "red-blooded patriotic Christian Americans" were allowed on the property (because, y'know, Jesus would've been all about the guns and the shooting)...like, fuck off, you creepy weirdo. 

And he and his family stayed in this cabin that had no electricity, and he had a whole mess of guns, including an AR-15 (which, according to the show, was illegal in California, but Chad claimed he didn't know that, which, okay, sure, you didn't, dude), and good lord, it's just...tell me you're a walking stereotype without actually telling me you're a walking stereotype. 

Were those guys stupid for poking around a stranger's property and messing with their stuff? Definitely. And I'm all for them being held accountable for that.

But the fact remains that they did flee once Chad fired his warning shot. Yet Chad's trying to claim he was defending himself and his family. No. You can't claim self-defense when you're the one chasing after these people you supposedly perceived as such a dangerous threat to your family, for several miles, while armed with guns, and shooting up their car and leaving these badly injured and killed. He's claiming they shot at him, yet he's still alive and has no gunshot wounds. Meanwhile, this car full of men were shot multiple times, brutally so, as the video from that night shows, and one died from their wounds. But sure. Chad was the one clearly in imminent danger. Okay. He also had friends over that night, so it wasn't like he and his family were completely without any kind of help if need be. 

Just...I am so beyond sick and tired of these guys who think they're all macho and tough going after someone they claim is posing a threat, hurting or killing them, and then trying to be all, "I needed to defend myself!" No, you wanted to show off how much of a badass you thought you were. Especially in this case, with this guy who also was revealed to have spouted a lot of bullshit about his military past. He's a guy wanting to play macho dress up, nothing more. 

Was also amused by his wife's comments before the verdict came in, talking about how she felt the Lord was telling her that he would be coming home. Well, considering he's in jail, you may need to have another conversation with the Lord, lady. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 17

I haven’t been posting much. 

Just saw an article regarding a 16 yr old girl named Savannah Leckie.  I don’t  ever remember hearing or reading this. 

23 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Thanks so much for this update.  I remember that case very well and was shocked and horrified that Wendi and her parents and brother seemed to be absolved of all responsibility in the heinous murder of Dan. 

I also recall seeing parts of the trial on Court TV (or whatever that morphed into in 2018) for the 2 hired hitmen.

The thing that stuck out in my mind the MOST was that the miserable Adelson's effectively SLIMED Dan and his parents to the 2 children with the result that the Markel grandparents had NO CONTACT with Dan's children.  (am choking back tears just typing this).

The Adelson's have a lot of $$$$$$$$ so we'll see how that works for them as their "dear son" is (hopefully) convicted for the crimes he is accused of committing.

I wonder how Wendi is and whether she remarried.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

The thing that stuck out in my mind the MOST was that the miserable Adelson's effectively SLIMED Dan and his parents to the 2 children with the result that the Markel grandparents had NO CONTACT with Dan's children.  (am choking back tears just typing this).

And changing their names to Adelson. Just wiping all of the Markel right out of their life. So sad. I hope the Markels have changed their wills. Making sure Wendi gets nothing, even as trustee for the kids. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Watched an episode I've not seen before, called "Miles From Nowhere"

I just watched this to see what Annber was so enraged about and now I'm enraged, too. 

This is why we need gun control.  Morons like this Chad guy buy assault rifles and then can't wait for some kids to come buy and take  a four dollar solar light so he'll have an excuse to go gun them down. 

His wife may be the dumbest person I've ever seen on TV.

• Love 9

So tonight's show is The Curious Case of Sherri Papini, it will have a little update probably.   Her husband filed for divorce, and full custody, in an emergency order.   The divorce first hearing is May 9.    

https://www.kcra.com/article/sherri-papinis-husband-files-divorce-days-after-she-pled-guilty-lying-kidnapping/39799659#

I wonder if he's trying to get his finances separated from whatever she'll have to pay for restitution when she's sentenced in July?  And to get out of paying her attorney fees, fines, and whatever expenses she has in prison?   And to limit civil damages too?   I'm not sure how all of that works.  

I'm wondering if it a real split up, or if it's a legal maneuver to split their finances, and limit his liabilities?     I wonder if they moved apart and stay apart?      I just feel sorry for her kids, who now have to live with the truth about their mother, and her crimes.   

Her parents supported her, and that was after she falsely accused them of abuse in the early 2000's.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I just watched this to see what Annber was so enraged about and now I'm enraged, too. 

This is why we need gun control.  Morons like this Chad guy buy assault rifles and then can't wait for some kids to come buy and take  a four dollar solar light so he'll have an excuse to go gun them down. 

His wife may be the dumbest person I've ever seen on TV.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my reaction to this story! Yes to every single word of your post. Just. Yes. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So tonight's show is The Curious Case of Sherri Papini, it will have a little update probably.   Her husband filed for divorce, and full custody, in an emergency order.   The divorce first hearing is May 9.    

https://www.kcra.com/article/sherri-papinis-husband-files-divorce-days-after-she-pled-guilty-lying-kidnapping/39799659#

I wonder if he's trying to get his finances separated from whatever she'll have to pay for restitution when she's sentenced in July?  And to get out of paying her attorney fees, fines, and whatever expenses she has in prison?   And to limit civil damages too?   I'm not sure how all of that works.  

I'm wondering if it a real split up, or if it's a legal maneuver to split their finances, and limit his liabilities?     I wonder if they moved apart and stay apart?      I just feel sorry for her kids, who now have to live with the truth about their mother, and her crimes.    

I watched the episode last night.  The husband set up a Go Fund Me account when she went "missing," it accumulated over $49,000 and he spent over $30,000 to pay off credit card debt.  I wonder what was the reason he gave for setting up the account?

One thing that annoyed me about the episode was they kept showing pictures of the couple over and over and over again, just to show how "happy" they were.  It was too much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yes, I'm sick of the lovey dovey photos of the Papinis too.  I never believed her story, and I always thought she was lying about the kidnapping.   Especially after reading about her history of false allegations about her parents, among others. 

• Love 15

I think the most illuminating thing about the Sherri Papini case - aside from the fact that she's batshit crazy - is that Tera Smith's family has every reason to believe she was killed by Troy Zink and he's walking around free to this day. How maddening and awful that must be. And it's not as if people haven't been convicted of murder absent a body. It just depends on whether or not the local DA's office feels like they want to prosecute the case. Clearly, theirs does not for whatever reason, so Tera's murderer remains a free man. That's where the real story is. Not sensational enough, I guess.

• Love 18

Papini not only wasted a staggering amount of law enforcement resources and hurt a ton of people, but she makes it harder to believe actual victims. It sounds like her family was helping police figure it out. Good for them. 

• Love 16

It's almost like Sherri Papini modeled her "abduction" after the case of Tera Smith. Her poor parents had to relive their trauma through Sherri's farce. I was thinking Troy Zink must have some connections or family money.  

What else is there to say about Sherri? She's just a big racist asshole and I hope she gets what's coming to her.

• Love 13

Somehow I never heard of Sherri till now. What an utterly baffling crime! I can see why some people think she's mentally ill, because it's barely believable that someone would go through all that physical torture, and for what? A few thousand dollars? Some attention? There's just so much about this story that makes no sense. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 5

I missed that Sherri's husband had set up the Go Fund Me himself. Yes, what exactly were people supposed to be donating to it for? I am sure none wanted to pay off his credit card debt.

I guess the whole thing was for attention? There were certainly signs of her extreme need for it. Her blog postings about her wedding? One was titled 243 Days Before the Wedding or some similar number. No one cares that your wedding is months and months away. No. One. 

I really hope Sherri is given some jail time. but I won't be surprised if she isn't. I cam glad that the old boyfriend who thought he was saving her wasn't charged. Jail time would not fix stupid. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 11

The fact that Sherri Papini has done questionable things to her family in the past, makes me wonder if they doubted her a little bit. She is just an awful person.  I don't even understand her motives. Yes, of course attention, but in a podcast i listened to talks about the ex boyfriend  saying she had plenty of time on her own. He said she would stay in the room she took over in his apartment for long periods of time. She didn't start hurting herself until she decided she was going to return home.  And had actually planned to stay longer with him but out of the blue decided she missed her kids ( not enough to not walk out on them and traumatize the older one)and wanted to go home. So she was just hanging out in a room passing time wtf? The ex said they were not intimate. It's so bizarre. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Man, she must have been passed that she had to admit she lied. She seems like one of those people that will never admit anything (based on stories from friends/family.) 

I do have questions about Keith. I really want to know when he began to not believe her. I don’t believe he was involved in anyway, even if he set up the donation account. Probably didn’t think he’d get anywhere near that amount. So for me, it’s only fraud on him if he used the $ knowing she was full of crap. 

• Love 2
On 4/18/2022 at 7:47 PM, hookedontv said:

Evil prosecutor Leah Askey remarried and her last name is Chaney.

Paging @Court.  (I'm hoping that's your username because you work in the legal kind of court and not on the basketball kind of court.)

Please explain to me how Leah Askey can continue to practice law without some sort of professional sanction, reprimand, or whatever.

I do not understand how that can be allowed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I personally don't think Keith Papini had any knowledge of what took place and I think the divorce is legitimate and not just to protect assets. 

Starting the GoFund Me makes sense because, among other things, he hired a private investigator. If a loved one went missing, I'd try to raise money too in order to be able to do everything possible to get them home again. Once she came home, I don't find it odd that he would spend the left over money on their debt. For all I know, some of that credit card debt may have come from expenses during the time he was looking for Sherri. Either way, though, if Sherri had been telling the truth and had been kidnapped and tortured, I doubt the donators would care that they used the remaining money that way.

It would be easy for the detectives to be skeptical. They could even say that they'll never know when Keith found out (only that they didn't have enough to charge him with a crime), but they seem to really believe it wasn't until that interview a few years after the alleged kidnapping.

If you're going to file for divorce to protect your assets, there is no real benefit to not ask for shared custody. I do think if your spouse has been talking to other men and lied about being the victim of a horrible crime, you probably would be really apprehensive about leaving your children in the care of that parent. At the very least, I can't tell you that I'm not worried about what Sherri might do if she has time alone with the children while facing serious charges and a very public outlash. 

I could argue an alternative version for any one of these points, but all together, I just don't think Keith had any clue what was going on and is as much a victim of Sherri as the rest of the people that gave time and resources to her.

• Love 6
On 4/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, TVbitch said:

Papini not only wasted a staggering amount of law enforcement resources and hurt a ton of people, but she makes it harder to believe actual victims. It sounds like her family was helping police figure it out. Good for them.

Right, imagine how many other legitimate cases they could have worked and maybe even resolved in all this time. 

Then there's the virulently racist postings that she denied were hers. Yeah, right, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, too. I knew she was racist, but not white-pride, skinhead- supporting racist. As a Latina woman, I was especially disgusted by her accusations. Down to the Mariachi music. I mean, wtf. Eyebrows too thin or too thick? She turns my stomach. I hope she gets a tough enough punishment. Not holding my breath, though.

Edited by A.Ham
Spelling
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, The Closer said:

At the very least, I can't tell you that I'm not worried about what Sherri might do if she has time alone with the children while facing serious charges and a very public outlash. 

So true. Once someone does the utterly bizarre and harmful things that she did, I don't think there's anything you wouldn't put past them. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, The Closer said:

Either way, though, if Sherri had been telling the truth and had been kidnapped and tortured, I doubt the donators would care that they used the remaining money that way.

Actually, I think some of those donors would care how the money was spent.  

I've never donated money to a Go Fund Me account, and I never will.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Actually, I think some of those donors would care how the money was spent.  

I've never donated money to a Go Fund Me account, and I never will.  

Me too, and for exactly the reason you stated: I have the right to know how my money is going to be spent.

If he had needed money to put up Missing Person posters, I would buy him the paper, the ink and even the thumbtacks and the hammer but not give him cash to spend any way he wanted to.

• Love 6

I don't Sherrie's husband knew anything. I'm not sure when he realized she lied but something tells me it wasn't until she absolutely had to admit  she lied.  I don't remember if it was in the podcast or the show but the cops said they showed her pictures of the ex boyfriend's bedroom while Keith ws in the room and she still denied that was the room . Even though she had sketched the exact room for them. They also told her they found her ex's DNA on her and she cried and said no no he wouldn't do this🤨. It was only after Keith left the room did she admit to talking to other men and her ex.

The way the ex was described makes me think Sherri had a type. Easy going and let her run the show. Keith probably bought everything she said always. Sherri was something else she loved being a victim accusing everyone of abusing her. 

Yeah I wish the media would stop using those dead eye wedding pictures of her. Ugh. I do laugh when they show the picture of her facing the camera with her head on Keith's shoulder and he is facing away with his back to the camera  lol. It was all about her.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 8

I find it hard to believe that Sherri's parents did not smell a rat when she showed up with her wild story.  Kinda like the one she told about her parents abusing her.... 

I don't think it was racist as much as it was just crazy as hell!  Her Ex-boyfriend is Hispanic so she had no issue dating him.  I think she just kept it close to what she was in fact doing those 3 weeks she was gone.  She described her boyfriend's bedroom to a T.  Easier to remember the lie the closer it is to the truth. 

The pictures I would love to have seen are the ones they took of her the day she was "rescued" or when they booked her.  Too many showings of the wedding pictures.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

The pictures I would love to have seen are the ones they took of her the day she was "rescued" or when they booked her.  Too many showings of the wedding pictures.

Honestly, that is what I wanted to see.  Find it odd that they didn’t show her bruises and brand. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I find it hard to believe that Sherri's parents did not smell a rat when she showed up with her wild story.  Kinda like the one she told about her parents abusing her.... 

I don't think it was racist as much as it was just crazy as hell!  Her Ex-boyfriend is Hispanic so she had no issue dating him.  I think she just kept it close to what she was in fact doing those 3 weeks she was gone.  She described her boyfriend's bedroom to a T.  Easier to remember the lie the closer it is to the truth. 

I was just talking about the race issue in this case with my sister.  We're Mexican-American  Our opinion is that her real issue is with Latin/Hispanic women. Her weird blog about being picked on by latin women in high school  was very telling at least to us. So while she might not be racist towards latin men she is definitely bigoted against latin women. That is a huge maybe in my opinion because I personally think she liked men she could manipulate no matter their ethnicity. 

Myself and my sister had good laughs at all the stereotypes she threw into her story.

Mariachi music,  beans/rice ,tortillas,  hoop earings , thin eyeshadows. We especially had a good laugh that the women drove around listening to mariachi music 😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Our opinion is that her real issue is with Latin/Hispanic women. Her weird blog about being picked on by latin women in high school  was very telling at least to us. 

Good point.  Another thing to add to her absolute craziness.  

• Love 3
On 4/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, A.Ham said:

Right, imagine how many other legitimate cases they could have worked and maybe even resolved in all this time. 

What was the point of having the defense attorney on this episode, too? I found her comments utterly bizarre. She basically implied that Sherri should not be responsible for all of the time and resources that the sheriff's department spent on her case just because she was a beautiful white woman when there were black, Latina and indigenous women who were missing too. WTF???? Sherri made an accusation that she was the victim of a violent crime and described her attackers. Were the sheriffs just supposed to ignore that? It would have been one thing if Sherri had just returned after several weeks away from her family, said nothing happened and the sheriffs continued to work the case and ignored other cases. I could see making that argument then, but Sherri alleged that there was a pair of female predators out there so of course they had to investigate. And now we know it was a waste of time and resources because Sherri lied about the whole thing. That defense attorney's comments made no sense and were infuriating. I live in Sacramento and this case got a lot of attention here because Redding is not too far from here. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I was just talking about the race issue in this case with my sister.  We're Mexican-American  Our opinion is that her real issue is with Latin/Hispanic women. Her weird blog about being picked on by latin women in high school  was very telling at least to us. So while she might not be racist towards latin men she is definitely bigoted against latin women. That is a huge maybe in my opinion because I personally think she liked men she could manipulate no matter their ethnicity. 

Myself and my sister had good laughs at all the stereotypes she threw into her story.

Mariachi music,  beans/rice ,tortillas,  hoop earings , thin eyeshadows. We especially had a good laugh that the women drove around listening to mariachi music 😄

I'm not sure it was actually about racism but rather making it fit her story.

Maybe she had to give them some foreign nationality, so she could say they were talking in a language she didn't understand. Arabic or Farsi in Northern California would have made her story less believable, so she stuck with Spanish. The rest of the stereotyping was to support the predominantly Spanish-speaking part of the story.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I'm not sure it was actually about racism but rather making it fit her story.

Maybe she had to give them some foreign nationality, so she could say they were talking in a language she didn't understand. Arabic or Farsi in Northern California would have made her story less believable, so she stuck with Spanish. The rest of the stereotyping was to support the predominantly Spanish-speaking part of the story.

She didn't have to give them anything. It's very convenient to blame a POC as the boogeyman. 

She's a liar. Who could have said anything about her fake kidnapping but she decided to use bigoted ugly lies to explain her big lie.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

She didn't have to give them anything. It's very convenient to blame a POC as the boogeyman. 

She's a liar. Who could have said anything about her fake kidnapping but she decided to use bigoted ugly lies to explain her big lie.

I agree. We have a lot of Russian (and now Ukrainian) refugees up here too. If she wanted to make up a story about captors who spoke a language she didn't understand, she could have said that, but then her captors would have been white and not fit the racist trope she wanted to use. So the idea that the police only wasted resources investigating her allegations because she was a white blond victim is ridiculous. It was also because she specifically made allegations that she was attacked and attacked by non-white criminals, that the police had an obligation to investigate. She could have come back, not beat herself up in a fake attack and said NOTHING. But she didn't, so of course they had to investigate. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GiandujaPie said:

What was the point of having the defense attorney on this episode, too? I found her comments utterly bizarre. She basically implied that Sherri should not be responsible for all of the time and resources that the sheriff's department spent on her case just because she was a beautiful white woman when there were black, Latina and indigenous women who were missing too. WTF???? Sherri made an accusation that she was the victim of a violent crime and described her attackers. Were the sheriffs just supposed to ignore that? It would have been one thing if Sherri had just returned after several weeks away from her family, said nothing happened and the sheriffs continued to work the case and ignored other cases. I could see making that argument then, but Sherri alleged that there was a pair of female predators out there so of course they had to investigate. And now we know it was a waste of time and resources because Sherri lied about the whole thing. That defense attorney's comments made no sense and were infuriating. I live in Sacramento and this case got a lot of attention here because Redding is not too far from here. 

That defense attorney was really trying to switch the blame to the police. Using the well known fact that white women get more attention when they go missing.  That's a fact. However the police had to investigate the allegations Sherri made, so the attorney's argument was just pointless. The media had gotten their teeth into this case, so the publicity was already huge. That attorney just wanted to take the heat off Sherri and the thousands of dollars wasted on her hoax. Shameless. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 9