Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: The Fish Stinks From the Head

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Tension continues to mount between Captain Sandy and Fraser; Alissa tempts Ross; crew gossip reaches an all-time high; Captain Sandy takes the crew to the beach for team building; Fraser feels slighted by Captain Sandy.

Airdate: 02.13.2023

Once Sandy has a problem with you you are in her cross hairs forever.  She has it in for Fraser and will give him a smack down in front everyone, every chance she gets.  Why not extend the same courtesy to Fraser as she does others, have a private talk.

Sandy blames Fraser for fucking up the team building volleyball game which everyone hated to play, they were exhausted and wanted to chill after flipping the boat.  

• Like 23
  • Love 1

She is one of the most unprofessional captain son all of the Below Deck shows.  She should be made to apologize for her behavior at the reunion or at least called out for it.  This was only 20 minutes in.  She had bitched about him all the time and in front of the whole crew, the department heads, and then several times to Rachel.  Blamed him for the team building exercise which really wasn't a team building exercise.  It was merely an excuse to get her more air time but more importantly to go after Fraser.

Edited by MyMaui
  • Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1

I think Frasier is not assertive enough in his position as chief stew and tries to be friends with everyone, as well as doing things himself that he should delegate and not following up on things he should.  However, Sandy's taking him to task in front of everyone is wrong on every level.  He is not the cancer of the boat.  That "honor" apparently belongs to Alyssa, who I was wrong about.  She has an attitude, which has become downright terrible since Camille was fired.  Yes, Frasier should have put her in check immediately but that does not make him the root of all evil.  

I do think it's wrong that Hayley and Alyssa were lounging around and tanning themselves while Frasier and Tyler were working - unless I missed something. Tyler is a fantastic worker with a great attitude - but please NO MORE TWERKING! 

Katie continues to be a crash dummy in training.  

Loved how Frasier's mom called him Poppy.  So cute!  

Will Captain Sandy fire Alyssa right before a new charter?  Will Camille get the last laugh?  

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

Ok, i hated the whole Captain Sandy/Hannah situation (team Hannah) but i am loving how she is going after Alissa! Alissa is a horrible person and she deserves whatever Sandy had to say about her. I don’t think Sandy fires her though.  

• Like 12

Maybe she will demote her from 2nd to 3rd stew. Alyssa is one of those people who never knows when to quit when she is ahead. She always wants to have the last word.  I guess Fraser was supposed to suck it up and ignore the sore on his foot. Didn't the medical person tell him not to play?

• Like 6

I think Alyssa, Camille and Captain Sandy are a lot of personalities for an inexperienced chief stew to navigate. I hope Fraser emerges from this trial by fire with a better understanding of how to work with those above him and those below him.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Maybe she will demote her from 2nd to 3rd stew. Alyssa is one of those people who never knows when to quit when she is ahead. She always wants to have the last word.  I guess Fraser was supposed to suck it up and ignore the sore on his foot. Didn't the medical person tell him not to play?

I have to agree with Fraser and Alissa on this one. They are exhausted and the last they want to do is some team building BS for 1 hour when they could be catching up on sleep. 

7 minutes ago, bencr said:

I think Alyssa, Camille and Captain Sandy are a lot of personalities for an inexperienced chief stew to navigate. I hope Fraser emerges from this trial by fire with a better understanding of how to work with those above him and those below him.

Totally agree. It was really bad luck for Fraser to get stuck with 2 really awful stews that were equally awful but for completely different reasons 

• Like 14

Like a viewer tired of being obviously manipulated, these comments are in the order of episode scenes broadcast...

So, Tony gets stung by a bee – why didn’t Captain Queeg go into meltdown mode like she has in previous seasons where someone was hurt but didn’t file an injury report?  And Fraser's injured feet?  Same thing!

The next fake event is a “teambuilding” volleyball exercise?  Unless the deck and interior crew are playing someone else entirely, it’s hardly a “teambuilding” exercise.

The whole volleyball thing is just a colossal farce.  Queeg is trying to deliver her lines as the producers want, but no one else is buying into this.

Because things didn’t go the way she (or the script) expected them to go, Queeg expresses her disappointment and blames the participants.  Typical.  And she blames Fraser for not filing an injury report – THERE IT IS!

I’m totally over the Ross/Katie dynamic.  He’s a (drunken) sexual predator and she’s a perpetual victim.  I’d say you deserve each other, but I’d rather say you don’t deserve the attention.  And how is he any sort of prize?  Unless you’re looking for a STD in your box of Crackerjacks.

Alissa – you are the devil’s hemorrhoid.  ‘Nuff said.

Watching Alissa lie to the authoritarian Queeg – I don’t know where to stop laughing.  Alissa has no respect for authority (or anyone else) and Queeg demands respect, whether it’s deserved or not.

Meanwhile, Fraser is stuck in the middle – but not unrighteously so.  Fraser does need to take responsibility for his department and not cover for the errors of his staff. 

What will happen next week?  Will Captain Queeg finally give Alissa her walking papers?  Wil Ross continue to be a drunken jerk?  Will Tony live to grunt again?  Stay tuned, if you can continue to suspend disbelief…

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Wow, Alissa cannot read the room.  She represents all the stereotypical bad traits of her generation.  Entitled, spoiled, and so blatantly self absorbed and self important.  Somehow, Alissa believes Copernicus was dead wrong. Not only does the sun revolve around Alissa, but so does the entire universe.  Her parents failed her BIG TIME. My deepest condolences to any of Alissa’s future managers and coworkers.  But, the upside is she probably won’t last more than two weeks at any job that requires work, answering to authority and keep her boobs covered, so their pain will be short lived.

Oh, Katie.  Please break the this cycle.  Healthy, mature relationships shouldn’t be modeled after a mobius strip. You are stuck on an infinite loop of bad Ross decisions. 

Captain Sandy was over the line with her public dressing down of Frazier.  That backfired on her because it made the crew sympathize and bond with their peer more than Sandy’s beach volleyball team building event. BTW,  Is the St. David in some kind of time warp where it’s 1998? Are copies of Who Moved My Cheese? in every cabin, the crew all gets Palm Pilots,  and Team Building sessions are still a thing? 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Fraser does not have a talent for management, but he does have a talent for service. He truly enjoys giving the guests a five star experience and he's good at it.  That's what really counts on a megayacht like this. You'll never get what you need from a person like Fraser by breaking his spirit. 

• Like 15
  • Love 6

As said above, Capt. Sandy has managed to unite the team -- in dislike of her. Having suffered through mandatory team building exercises myself, I'm not surprised. Nothing like being forced into that kind of crap on what is supposed to be your down time. And way to be part of the team, Sandy -- stand on the side. It might have been more effective if you'd played for the interior team since Fraser couldn't. 

While I pretty much think Alyssa deserved everything that was said to her, I don't think her saying, "Sandy . . . Captain Sandy," was an insult. I think she caught herself and was correcting what she said. Sandy (or production) has it in for the interior crew. 

FWIW, Fraser clearly can be heard telling them that when they finished their tasks they could go tan. Whether or not they really asked the new guy if he needed help is another issue, but I can understand thinking, "I'm done!" and not wondering how someone else is doing. 

And, this seems a good place to put this quote from Hannah since it supports both what others have said about Capt. Sandy in the past:

"But what had happened is she’d watched the show before she came on, and she’d made her decision about me on a few things had happened. … I think it was like about 45 seconds from our first introduction they had to stop production and be like, ‘Sandy, you can’t talk to her like that,’ like straight off the bat. … It was something where I’d literally pronounced a dish wrong or something when the chef hadn’t told me and given me enough notice to remember. And also, it’s that competitiveness, wanting to kind of be the fan favorite."

The article I took that from can be found here: https://www.yahoo.com/now/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-131625392.html but I've seen basically the same thing in other articles. 

Katie rationalizing giving Ross another chance because she didn't want to give Alyssa the power was just pitiful. She already looks like an idiot. We need someone to slap her upside the head and say, "Snap out of it!"

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tanukisan said:

Watching Alissa lie to the authoritarian Queeg – I don’t know where to stop laughing.  Alissa has no respect for authority (or anyone

1 hour ago, Tanukisan said:

Queeg demands respect, whether it’s deserved or not.

It’s not a matter of “deserve” and it’s not personal, the Captain stripes demands and deserves respect. That’s all there is to it. 
There may be some misogynistic tendencies going on?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Sandy was the reason I quit watching Med (Malia and Bugsy set up was the other).  I get the feeling Sandy feels the deck team is doiing MEN work which she appreciates and that interior is women's work which she does not appreciate.  She always has a favorite and makes it obvious (as with the new guy).  You are the only one working even though Fraiser was still working.  Alyssa does need to go and Fraiser needs some guidance but Sandy doing it in public instead of behind closed doors, I have no respect for her.  I do admit, this deck team works well together.  Sandy should have talked to Fraiser alone as she did tonight instead of the smart remarks on the radio and in front of others.  It was very disrespectful to Fraiser to not have him in the meeting with Alyssa at the end.  Remember rank Sandy?  As much as you don't like Fraiser, he is her boss and should have been in the meeting at the end of the episode or at least have been aware.  That's how she brings people down that she does not like.  She does these little digs until the person she doesn't like doesn't know what to do anymore to make her happy.  She is right in letting Alyssa go but she should have called in Fraiser, made him aware and had him in there as a witness.  What she has done is shown the whole boat that she respects Ross but not Fraiser.  

Edited by sasywt ch
  • Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I think insubordination is going to become more common on these BD shows.  First Benny on BDDU, then Kyle on BDA.

I don't remember the casts on the last seasons of BDSY or BDM.

Now Alissa.  Okay, she may have had horrible upbringing and maybe she really does want to appear like an ass on TV.  But it's hard to shake the sense that she and some other cast members are being goaded into copping this attitude.  They may realize that the captain is just another role on the show and they're not in the military or for that matter, a real working yacht.

In the case of Benny, the producers weren't going to let the captain fire him and his bosun was powerless.

In any event, Bravo may have realized the "chain of command" has such huge potential for melodrama.

The captains on BD used to be able to rise above the little petty bickering that the crew/cast was encouraged to indulge in.  But the producers may try to push the envelope on alienating the captains because they probably see characters such as Benny and Alissa as gold when it comes to drama.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Fraser does not have a talent for management, but he does have a talent for service. He truly enjoys giving the guests a five star experience and he's good at it.  That's what really counts on a megayacht like this. You'll never get what you need from a person like Fraser by breaking his spirit. 

Fraser may not have a talent for management, but Sandy definitely doesn't. Fraser wants to be friends which you can't be, and Sandy does this fake shit where she builds you up and then tears you down in front of everyone.

• Like 7

Sandy is a such a moron. She has no idea that her prized bosun is having a relationship with one of his subordinates, gets crazy drunk and is all around inappropriate.  Yet Fraser is the bad guy because the stews don’t like her. I do think they should complain in private but why is she always around them? Doesn’t the captain have more important stuff to do? 
I also agreed that Allissa and Hayley shouldn’t have been lazing on the deck when things weren’t finished. Haleys tattoos are unsightly. They both looked lazy and Fraser shouldn’t have given them the green light to do that. 
Fraser also should have addressed his foot with the stupid captain as it looked bad and shouldn’t have been in the sand. What a stupid thing to make them play volleyball together to make herself feel good. She’s a gross disgusting deck sucking asshole.

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1

I may be alone on this but I didn't think Sandy was wrong to address Fraser when they were eating muffins.   He, much like Alissa, tried to offer up excuses instead of saying "aye aye Captain".   He needed that wake up call and she gave it to him. She is his boss.   That he continued to carry on about the captain spoke more about his character than hers.   I was glad to see him finally try to step up after admitting his behavior embarrassed him.   Maybe there is hope. 

Alissa saying "Sandy"  was an intentional bitch slap.  You do not talk to your boss like that.  She's a nasty piece of work with her "you don't mean me" attitude.   How many chances does this entitled POS get?   

I am Team Sandy on this.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 4

I get that Fraser's management skills are not great when it comes to dealing with the Captain and the interior staff. But despite having a relatively weak staff (especially pre-Tyler), Fraser has somehow managed to keep the interior crew's performance sufficiently satisfactory that the guests are mostly happy and the tips high.

Edited by bencr
  • Like 13

I had a boss like Sandy, I was having flashbacks watching Sandy in action yesterday.  No matter how much fun the guests had she did not consider the charter a success, never happy with her interior but yet the guests were happy, Sandy wants to see the negative in everything.  The "don't talk to me right now," is a passive aggressive thing, all it says to me is "I think that is a good idea but since I did not think of it, it sucks."  Being a captain does not always mean you are right.

Fraser suggesting to the guests to pack up before breakfast so they can enjoy the last of their time on board was neither here nor there, Sandy (will not call her "Captian"), was just looking for something to nitpick.  Fraser is a resonable person, I just do not see why Sandy cannot talk to him in a constructive way.

Someone mentioned Hayley's thigh tattoo, I think thigh tattoos are the new tramp stamp, I have noticed an influx of them and they are always so big.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 7

Alyssa's repeated response of, "Cool.  Cool.  Yeah," during Captain Sandy's dressing down seemed much more disrespectful to me than the, "Sandy... er, Captain Sandy," reply did, but only by degrees.  Her attitude through the entire exchange was one giant verbal eye roll hoping it would end soon so she could go back to tanning.  I don't agree with how Captain Sandy is handling everything this season, but she is someone who gives second, (third, forth) chances if you show her the right attitude.  Once she sees you as a bratty teenager, forget it.  

That said, I'll be surprised if Alyssa gets fired.  Why did she ask Ross to witness the upcoming exchange when she didn't have a witness during Camille's firing?  I think Alyssa's in for a verbal flaying and possibly a demotion - something that Sandy hopes will break the smug attitude for good.  (It won't.)

ETA: I could not adore Hailey more.  From her self-depreciating sense of humor to the good natured way she deals with both drama and criticism, to her rocking body and hair and accent.  She might be my new Aesha.  Or better yet, I want to see them on a boat together. 

Edited by Earl Is Dead
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Midwestern Lady said:

I may be alone on this but I didn't think Sandy was wrong to address Fraser when they were eating muffins.   He, much like Alissa, tried to offer up excuses instead of saying "aye aye Captain".   He needed that wake up call and she gave it to him. She is his boss.   That he continued to carry on about the captain spoke more about his character than hers.   I was glad to see him finally try to step up after admitting his behavior embarrassed him.   Maybe there is hope. 

Alissa saying "Sandy"  was an intentional bitch slap.  You do not talk to your boss like that.  She's a nasty piece of work with her "you don't mean me" attitude.   How many chances does this entitled POS get?   

I am Team Sandy on this.  

I’m on Team Sandy too. Partly I’m basing my opinion on Rachel’s reaction. She seems to be on Team Sandy despite their earlier production driven problems. I like Fraser but he seems more concerned to be friends with his (in some case useless) underlings than he is in being in a managerial role. A ship is neither a democracy nor a debating society. The Captain is the Boss.

It seems that most Captains favor the Deck Crew. This is probably because that’s how they were trained and came up in the ranks. I doubt that many Stews become Captain.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Because things didn’t go the way she (or the script) expected them to go, Queeg expresses her disappointment and blames the participants.  Typical.  And she blames Fraser for not filing an injury report – THERE IT IS!

This is a perfect example of maritime law which MUST be followed at all costs - even when that leads to firing your chief stew so that your bosun can bunk with her chef-boyfriend!!  (WINK to Below Deck Med viewers!)

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

This is a perfect example of maritime law which MUST be followed at all costs - even when that leads to firing your chief stew so that your bosun can bunk with her chef-boyfriend!!  (WINK to Below Deck Med viewers!)

I noticed Fraser called the medic to the boat, did Sandy know about that because usually the captain gives the go ahead to call medical personal to the boat.

I cannot remember how Fraser hurt his foot.

• Like 2

Hard to imagine Captain Lee taking the crew to the beach to play volleyball in some ridiculous attempt at "team building." 

Look: Fraser is not a good chief stew. Chief amongst his failings is that he seems to like Alissa for some unfathomable reason. Maybe because she does get work done despite her attitude. But even after he knows she got a dressing down from Sandy and he himself got a dressing down, he's still hugging her and telling her he loves her! WTF. 

That said, Sandy is worse. There is no excuse for throwing Fraser under the bus in front of the whole crew. "Oh well, since Fraser didn't play this team building effort was a waste of time and it's all Fraser's fault. Have I made it clear this is all Fraser's fault?" OMG. 

Yeah, the interior is a "cancer" but meanwhile the deck crew are playing light saber duels and the bosun is screwing one of his subordinates in a guest cabin. They're golden!

Then after making a big deal about Fraser needing to step up and be her ally or whatever she goes behind his back and calls Alissa to the bridge with Ross as the witness instead of Fraser, and Fraser has no idea what's going on! Talk about hypocrisy, either she wants Fraser to manage his team or she doesn't. 

I think it really says something that no matter how hard Bravo tries to prop up Sandy she always comes off looking bad because she cannot help herself. 

Oh, and when she told Fraser he was the worst chief stew she'd ever worked with I said "What about Hannah?"

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 17
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Midwestern Lady said:

I am Team Sandy on this.  

You make some good points. Fraser doesn't know when to shut up. You obey the hierarchy even if you don't agree.

I also agree about how you address a superior. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Looks like  Sandy is going to fire Alissa....but wait...whenever Bravo makes you think it's a sure thing, it turns out not to be. Watch her get probation or something.

I pray she gets fired.  You can’t talk like that to the captain, no matter what.  When she said, “cool,” in response to Sandy’s earlier talk, she should have been let go then.  She’s an asshole.

I wonder if they did the beach volleyball scene because Top Gun had renewed popularity due to the sequel coming out this summer!  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I pray she gets fired.  You can’t talk like that to the captain, no matter what.  When she said, “cool,” in response to Sandy’s earlier talk, she should have been let go then.  She’s an asshole.

Hey I know that Camille dug her own grave with some of her attitude but A) I liked her better than Alissa TEN FOLD and B)When she addressed the Captain she did it with a huge amount of humbleness and respect even when Sandy was calling her in for last chance talks and reprimands. I will concede that her last reaction to Sandy when she got fired was snippy but I give her a pass cause I mean she just got fired but everytime Sandy pulled her into a conversation about her attitude and how to be better Camille never gave her any sort of sass whatsoever. So there's that. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
10 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Welp, I knew my Sandy hate would return. She just has it out for the interior and is dealing with them very unprofessionally (that does not mean that Alissa is NOT being unprofessional). 

I almost was starting to like her. Then her true colors came out again.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don't love Sandy, I don't hate Sandy. I don't care that she threw her wanker chief stew under the bus. I've said more than once that the best thing Sandy ever did was fire POS Hannah.

I thought I was alone in thinking that about the Hannah firing.

• Like 8

I don’t understand the chief stew hugging the stews and telling them they love them. On the recent Below Deck med the chief and Kyle were constantly hugging and loving on each other. I don’t remember Kate Chastain doing that. I do remember her and Josiah eating junk food and making fun of the third stew. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

Or is she too busy micromanaging?

Does Sandy micromanage because that is her personality or working style?

Or is she being prodded to do it, to create more stress for the chef and the interior?

• Like 2

Captain Lee took the crew to clean up beach trash.   He went to an elephant sanctuary in Thailand.   No stupid volleyball to set up his chief stew.   Because Sandy was planning to shit on Frazer hurt foot or not.   The foot just made it worse. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Captain Lee took the crew to clean up beach trash.   He went to an elephant sanctuary in Thailand.   No stupid volleyball to set up his chief stew.   Because Sandy was planning to shit on Frazer hurt foot or not.   The foot just made it worse. 

19 minutes ago, aghst said:

The captain isn’t choosing these activities.

I think  Production chooses the activities, but I also think Sandy was going to find fault with Fraser, no matter what. 

And good leaders don't build a team by telling all the underlings to do the activity while they stand, observe, and don't participate. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, aghst said:

Does Sandy micromanage because that is her personality or working style?

Or is she being prodded to do it, to create more stress for the chef and the interior?

I am sure production has a hand in some of the shaningans but Sandy's personality probably lends itself to it naturally, she is not happy unless everyone is scared of losing their job and to her fear equals respect.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, rur said:

I think  Production chooses the activities, but I also think Sandy was going to find fault with Fraser, no matter what. 

And good leaders don't build a team by telling all the underlings to do the activity while they stand, observe, and don't participate. 

Agree!  Also, good leaders don't announce to all the team members that the only reason for the team building experience was to show one team member (Fraser) how well the opposing team members play/work together.  Good leaders also don't say that the whole team building experience is now "moot" because one person could not participate.  Sandy just really has it in for Fraser.  Fraser may not be quite ready for chief steward stripes, but Sandy is just rude to him, and those comments at the volleyball game were just kind of catty and very passive-aggressive, imo.

Why didn't Rachel have to participate?  Because, according to Sandy, she "gets it"?  When Fraser said he couldn't play based on doctor's orders (and why did Sandy NOT know that a medic/doctor was visiting the ship?), why didn't Sandy ask Rachel to fill in for him?  Even though the chef is sort of their own department on a ship, they are more closely related to the interior team than the deck/exterior team.  

If Sandy really wanted a team building experience, she should have insisted that Rachel step in as captain of the deck crew team, thereby showing how people can/should fill in for one another when needed - that's real team building - not this bullshit we watched, which was just a poor attempt at a dressing down of Fraser in disguise.  She also should have mixed up the interior and deck crew members - not pitted the interior against the deck crew.  For someone who claims to have planned all kinds of team building events and exercises, she's not very good at it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6

For a captain who rants about chain of command,  she has under cut her chief stew from the very first by buddying up with Camillle instead of leading Fraser in the way she wanted him to deal with his team. But of course, micromanage is her middle name. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

For a captain who rants about chain of command,  she has under cut her chief stew from the very first by buddying up with Camillle instead of leading Fraser in the way she wanted him to deal with his team. But of course, micromanage is her middle name. 

I love your user name. I should start calling myself "old as the hills."

21 hours ago, nokat said:
On 2/14/2023 at 7:29 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

I am Team Sandy on this.  

You make some good points. Fraser doesn't know when to shut up. You obey the hierarchy even if you don't agree.

I also agree about how you address a superior. 

I agree.  Fraser's big mistake was taking shit about the captain during and after the charter ended.  He got Alissa all whipped up to "stand up" for interior.  That was on him completely.  That caused the negative energy on the boat that caused Alissa to feel she could talk shit to the captain without any recourse.  Who does that on a real job?  I like Frazer and think if he stops trying to be his crew's friend and actually leads and manages them, he will do great.  Sandy took him aside, talked it out and did a resent.  What Fraiser heard was complete opposite and told his mom Sandy thinks so little of him.  HUH?

Every week I wonder what is wrong with these people that get a dream job, yes, it is hard work no doubt, in locations most of us will never see and yet they are unhappy.  What?  If I were in my 20s I would be doing anything I could to get that job.

Alissa sitting in the bridge with her smug look and tone that was dripping in condensation towards Sandy was frustrating.  I kept telling the TV to fire her.  The last insult was Alissa's comment of "Sandy.....I meant Captain Sandy".  I agree with Sandy, that was a big fuck you from Alissa.  Even her attitude when she got back to sunning herself.  Her attitude was still smug and superior to the captain.  I can't believe Alissa was not fired after the "captain sucks the deck crew's dick".

I am not crazy about Captain Sandy but other than the stupid team building thing, which I am convinced Production set that all up for drama, I think she handle it well.  I am guessing she had Ross as a witness because Fraiser was too emotionally involved?  Or maybe Sandy watched the footage production had on Fraiser telling Alissa talking back to Captain was a no no but loved her for it, and figured Fraiser still had not learned what she has been telling him all along.  You cannot be your crews BFF.  You are their boss.

• Like 7

Sandy and her team building mandatory volleyball game gave me prison camp vibes, play or you get the box!

As far as Sandy's management style goes, it is not good, it is no better than the worst chief stew she has ever had, Sandy is a mean girl and her in to win it crap is only so she can hear own voice.  Seasons ago she hugged it out with one of deck crew because he may or may not have had a drinking problem, he had been drunk while on duty or so hungover he was still impaired but Sandy did not fire him, she hugged him, I have noticed the lack of tablescapes this season but Sandy has not said anything about the lack of Eiffel Towers, full grown trees, or Empire State Buildings as table decor, we never know which Sandy we will get.  

I think all Fraser needs to learn is he should not be friends with his stews, he should be their leader and he needs to communicate better, technically he is really good and the guests like him.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

I am not crazy about Captain Sandy but other than the stupid team building thing, which I am convinced Production set that all up for drama, I think she handle it well.  I am guessing she had Ross as a witness because Fraiser was too emotionally involved?  Or maybe Sandy watched the footage production had on Fraiser telling Alissa talking back to Captain was a no no but loved her for it, and figured Fraiser still had not learned what she has been telling him all along.  You cannot be your crews BFF.  You are their boss.

I was thinking that Ross was there rather than Fraser because he would just listen & say nothing while Fraser would be trying to defend her & not be able to keep his mouth shut. Made perfect sense not to have him there.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2