Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E02: Week 2

JenE4
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

They need to put up a “like” counter and whoever has the most gets sent home and the one who has the least gets a rose. Gabi got Zach doing it too. 

It seems like they're all getting the like disease now.

Shit!  I think I've got it now! 😱  

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Did Zach truly say something nice about everyone and only skipped over Gabi? If so, ouch. If he skipped some others, too, then these tears after one chat are a bit much!

They only showed the audience Zach mentioning some of the girls but they may have cut the conversation. Gabi seemed to overreact. And the LIKES are really bad from her - yuck!

Ariel reminds me of Lilith from Cheers - in both appearance and personality.

• Like 7

Brianna is coming off weird. Christina was only kidding - she was joking about Brianna already having America's rose.
I fear that Brianna may have an ingrained victim narrative going on.

Edited by Melonie77
because I called Brianna, Brittany.
  • Like 16

I guess I'm Team Christina on this conflict with her and Breanna. I thought Christina gave a sincere apology and that Breanna was ungracious in saying she wanted proof through action that the apology was sincere.

• Like 24

Still really liking Zach, so far he's my favorite Bachelor in a long time. He actually seems a lot more mature than some of the older ones they've had. I like that he was straightforward with Christina that being a stepfather so young scares him, he was kind but direct and I respect his honesty.

Also absolutely LOVE that he does not want to be involved in the petty drama. 

• Like 18
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Ariel reminds me of Lilith from Cheers - in both appearance and personality.

I did feel the temperature drop when she appeared onscreen. Somewhere, Daphne Moon is getting a headache.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sick of Brianna.  She's no fun and I hope she does the Crying Limo Walk.  

Me too! And I'd also like to know what those dark marks are all along her hairline? Is she wearing some type of hair band?

• Like 3
Just now, Melonie77 said:

I wish Zach had sent Brianna home but at least he said goodbye to Cat. Looks like he may be his own man and not the producers' puppet.

Also glad to lose Cat. I knew almost nothing about Zach going in, but so far he's a pleasant surprise in a normal-guy kind of way. I do wonder if he really wanted to keep Brianna.

• Like 3

Brianna, maybe it’s me but we do not have fun together, I feel the energy sucked out of the room when you’re here, and I can’t stand this drama, but here’s a rose. I would be pissed if I were one of the girls sent home after seeing that—how am I worse than that connection?!? But the producers see a 2:1 brewing with Christina and Briana, I guess, and both are going to deliver the drama next week according to that preview.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Yeah he did look stunned when she first brought it up. But I loved how he handled it - making her comfortable, telling her that he wants family so therefore her news was positive. I think for him it might be too fast of a move to start out with a family right away but I also get the feeling that if he really likes her he would go for it.

Yeah, he did great in the end.  Once he realized he missed potty training and 3am feedings, the light seemed to dawn some... :)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Brianna, maybe it’s me but we do not have fun together, I feel the energy sucked out of the room when you’re here, and I can’t stand this drama, but here’s a rose. I would be pissed if I were one of the girls sent home after seeing that—how am I worse than that connection?!? But the producers see a 2:1 brewing with Christina and Briana, I guess, and both are going to deliver the drama next week according to that preview.

Yeah, I guess Zach got his way w/ Cat but he may have been coerced into keeping Brianna. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Also glad to lose Cat. I knew almost nothing about Zach going in, but so far he's a pleasant surprise in a normal-guy kind of way. I do wonder if he really wanted to keep Brianna.

Zach came off as a sincere and sweet guy last season and some of us campaigned for him to get the bachelor spot. He may not be the sexiest man alive but so far IMO he is the perfect change the show needed after the last few seasons...a right-reasons guy and someone humble, nice, sincere and classy. And I'm sure he will become more comfortable as the show moves along. His conversations are so much better than many previous leads. I thought Clayton was pretty bad and I also remember Farmer Chris being extremely dull. 

I hope the story about what happened with Rachel on their overnight comes out. When Zach did the Jimmy Kimmel show earlier this week he was about to offer more details but unfortunately Jimmy cut him off!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Which girl is the overnight with?  I think it’s one of the nurses but that describes a lot of the girls.  Seems way too soon for that and just seems like it’s going to put a target on that girl’s back.

Brianna is way too young and fragile  for this.  She should have gone home.  Looks like  a lot of the girls start to dislike Christina next week but I don’t think she did anything at all to Brianna. And she seemed great on their date, I really liked her but that may change next week.  They both actually seemed sincere in that conversation.

that poor girl in the red dress that got eliminated.  I don’t think she talked once and she was the only one that didn’t have her name listed when she got eliminated. Maybe editing didn’t even know who she was.  Her makeup was just too much.  

• Like 4

Is it just me or is the Bachelor House looking a little dated and worn out?  I was looking at it tonight and it just seemed like a place that I would not be impressed to be living in at this point.  Like they decorated and furnished it thirty years ago and haven't touched it since.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Is it just me or is the Bachelor House looking a little dated and worn out?  I was looking at it tonight and it just seemed like a place that I would not be impressed to be living in at this point.  Like they decorated and furnished it thirty years ago and haven't touched it since.

After Pier One closed, how could they possibly redecorate?

• LOL 20

Christina Mandrell.  Sigh. For me it wouldn't be the young kid that was the dealbreaker. I'd be much more concerned that she had a celebrity family and her job was listed as 'content creator'.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough. But of course he had to give her the rose. If he said the kid was a problem for him Bachelor Nation would put a hit out on him. He has to wait until some other reason arises to be able to send her packing.

It always kills me when the women sit around complaining that they 'don't get to talk to the bachelor' yet they don' seem able to get up and make a move of their own. They just sit there and act like misunderstood victims. Do something!! Stand up!! Interrupt someone else and dive in there!! 

Glad Cat went home. Those eyes were way too much. She looked like a cartoon.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Greer? is back with her bodysuit that doesn’t snap. Is that the new look? 

The worst part is how short it is in the torso. So even if it did snap, it wouldn't fit anyone who's over 4'9".

When I was in my 20s, having another woman my age tell me that she hated me was considered a huge compliment, and I believe Christina meant it in that way as well. Brianna was either being overly sensitive, or grasping at straws to stir up drama. 

I must be living under a rock, but I have no idea who "the Mandrells" are and what they're famous for. I do think that Christina should have better hair extensions if her family is really that famous.

Two of the women, I think it was Ariel and Victoria (one of this season's contestants, not Victoria F.), had bizarrely terrible makeup. Ariel's especially looked like it was done by a child. Brooklyn's makeup was not as bad, but she wears way too much of it during dates and rose ceremonies. She looks a million times better when she's just hanging out at the house fresh-faced.

The short, tight, ruched, and buttoned denim dress that Victoria F. wore for her guest appearance was one of the most hideous pieces of clothing in history. Not just Bachelor history, but all of history.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

It always kills me when the women sit around complaining that they 'don't get to talk to the bachelor' yet they don' seem able to get up and make a move of their own. They just sit there and act like misunderstood victims. Do something!! Stand up!! Interrupt someone else and dive in there!! 

I *think* access to the lead is controlled by production. There was a story last week where the Indian girl who licked his ear stopped the RC to chew them out about not letting so many of them talk to him.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Let the dating begin!

For the first time since season 1 i had to turn it off. The show has become trashier and ruder and the whole segment on how to be a bad bitch was just over the top- teaching women to be confident is one thing, encouraging them to step all over everyone no matter what their feelings is one of the least attractive things i can imagine . Then watching tezuhan being so nasty to the other girls- i was done. I just couldnt stomach it. Im not saying everything should be sweetness and light but wow the show has just gone in a bad direction and i just couldnt stomach it. My favorite guilty pleasure is now gone :(

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I appreciated Zach’s response regarding Christina having a child. I think it’s better to be honest than pretend it’s not something that may be an issue. At least he didn’t fake an over enthusiastic reaction. I was married in my early 20s right out of college and divorced fairly quickly. No children resulted. I had several long term relationships in the ensuing years and wanted a family but by the time I got into my 30s it was difficult to find a guy that didn’t have children. While it wasn’t a deal breaker, and I dated some dads, it was an extra layer that wasn’t my first choice. I preferred starting a family with someone who hadn’t experienced that and wasn’t forever tied to an ex. Eventually I met my husband who I swore at the time was the only nice, normal, never married, no children single guy in his mid 30s left - he just happened to focus a lot of his adult life on his career. Anyway many failed fertility treatments later we adopted our daughter in 2021 and now I’m a mom of a toddler in my 40s and some days it’s exhausting- but also the best stage of my life so far ☺️ . Anyway all of that to say that if the person is right, children don’t need to be an automatic barrier (I was also engaged once to man with 2 children), but I get the hesitation and the honesty is refreshing.

I also didn’t mind the “bad bitch” date. I actually thought it focused on positivity and confidence but maybe I need to rewatch that part. Taj is still a looney train wreck but I hope she finds her lid one day. 

Brianna is not cut out for this nor is she a good match for Zach. I liked her on ATFR but she’s definitely too insecure and immature at this stage in her life to be a part of this. 

Cat looks like she has hyperthyroidism and bulging eyes as a result. Think Wendy Williams - same affliction. 

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, GracieK said:

I appreciated Zach’s response regarding Christina having a child. I think it’s better to be honest than pretend it’s not something that may be an issue. At least he didn’t fake an over enthusiastic reaction. I was married in my early 20s right out of college and divorced fairly quickly. No children resulted. I had several long term relationships in the ensuing years and wanted a family but by the time I got into my 30s it was difficult to find a guy that didn’t have children. While it wasn’t a deal breaker, and I dated some dads, it was an extra layer that wasn’t my first choice. I preferred starting a family with someone who hadn’t experienced that and wasn’t forever tied to an ex. Eventually I met my husband who I swore at the time was the only nice, normal, never married, no children single guy in his mid 30s left - he just happened to focus a lot of his adult life on his career. Anyway many failed fertility treatments later we adopted our daughter in 2021 and now I’m a mom of a toddler in my 40s and some days it’s exhausting- but also the best stage of my life so far ☺️ . Anyway all of that to say that if the person is right, children don’t need to be an automatic barrier (I was also engaged once to man with 2 children), but I get the hesitation and the honesty is refreshing.

I also didn’t mind the “bad bitch” date. I actually thought it focused on positivity and confidence but maybe I need to rewatch that part. Taj is still a looney train wreck but I hope she finds her lid one day. 

Brianna is not cut out for this nor is she a good match for Zach. I liked her on ATFR but she’s definitely too insecure and immature at this stage in her life to be a part of this. 

Cat looks like she has hyperthyroidism and bulging eyes as a result. Think Wendy Williams - same affliction. 

Good point about the date. Oerhaps it was tezuhans take on it that turned me off .

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Good point about the date. Oerhaps it was tezuhans take on it that turned me off .

Yeah she came off really harsh - I don’t know if she was leaning into the “bad bitch” part or if she felt above these ladies as someone who has experience in the franchise. But once again she missed the mark and came off super unflattering and even downright mean. 

ETA - glad Zach put an end to her hopes of joining the cast quickly. I like him so far. He seems kind, honest and mature but also no nonsense. I expect that by the end of the season he will annoy us all like every other participant tends to. Hoping not though! 

Edited by GracieK
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I hated the bad bitch thing (have to say, never heard of the star). It forced many of them to pretend to be something they were not especially in the dancing (and I'm not sure Zach is looking for a bad bitch to begin with). I thought it was hilarious that the first gal was proud of showing her natural hair in a pageant rather than straight hair. And what's she sporting now? Ironed hair. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Yeah she came off really harsh - I don’t know if she was leaning into the “bad bitch” part or if she felt above these ladies as someone who has experience in the franchise. But once again she missed the mark and came off super unflattering and even downright mean. 

ETA - glad Zach put an end to her hopes of joining the cast quickly. I like him so far. He seems kind, honest and mature but also no nonsense. I expect that by the end of the season he will annoy us all like every other participant tends to. Hoping not though! 

I kinda think the whole point of Tahjz's scene was just to give Zach the chance to show the group it was them he wanted, which made them all feel good about him.  Production probably felt no more enthused about his ability to bond than we did, so they pulled this tired stunt QUICK.

If it turned out he liked Tahjz and her Desperate Bad Bitch Energy, then they get more drama. Win-win, unless you're a viewer.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I enjoyed Zach's genuine joy when Gabi brought out the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. That looked like a long night and those would have absolutely been the highlight of the evening for me too 😂

It's very weird liking the Bachelor so much so far. Am I here for the right reasons this season?! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

The whole Christina mom thing-- did the question never come up: Who is the dad? I mean it matters in the long term co-parenting thing if he's still around. Is it former husband, one-night-stand oops, sperm donor? All rather different.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Brianna was sooooo the producers' pick for the last rose (IMO).  I thought Zach was actually going to eliminate her at the end of their chat.  I laughed when she asked him if he wanted to know who so very, very, very much hurt her and he basically said no.  She then pushed it again until he was "if you need me to know, then okay" which really translates into 'I so don't want to hear about any drama and you are already too much for me.'  At their first chat she was all 'I got America's rose but I'm so worried because I didn't get your rose' stop-just stop.  And then at the next chat it was all 'someone really, really, really hurt me...'  She definitely was trying to play some kind of victim card.  Brianna, America chose you-run with it!  Another week there is another week there.

Zach handled the child conversation well, but I think he will eliminate her when he is able to do so.  He's only 25?  That would be a lot of responsibility.  I remember when one of Emily's contestants wasn't pleased she had a daughter and wow, did "Bachelor Nation" go after him.  He was vilified.  So, it was good that Zach kept her or else he would have received a ton of backlash.

Gabi is going to bring too much drama.  Hard to really know any of the contestants as there are still too many of them for me to keep them separate, or remember names.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, phlebas said:

Brianna: The Woman without Chill

I would amend to add AND BOOBS.  They're doing most of her work for her.

13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if Zach felt like he had to give her a rose otherwise he’d look like a cad who rejected her because of her daughter. He seems to have a lot more trepidation than other bachelors in the past with the women who have kids. 

That is a point in his favor IMO--he's only in his mid-twenties right?

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if Zach felt like he had to give her a rose otherwise he’d look like a cad who rejected her because of her daughter. He seems to have a lot more trepidation than other bachelors in the past with the women who have kids. 

That is a point in his favor IMO--he's only in his mid-twenties right?

I have a few more observations:

1) Christina--or should I say CHRISTINA MANDRELL-- does look exactly like her famous aunt, and from certain angles she looks a lot like Reese Witherspoon.  I don't find her genuine--but maybe she is, because I also note that she doesn't know what to do with her face and especially with her mouth when the camera is on her.

1) Ariel has a chin that reminds me of Squidward.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I thought it was interesting how the women were divided up for the two dates…I thought he had a connection with a lot more of the women in the second group.  

The whole bringing in the 3 judges was ruined by the crap Victoria pulled late in BiP and on the reunion show, so they had to edit it down as much as possible.  

• Like 5
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

For the first time since season 1 i had to turn it off. The show has become trashier and ruder and the whole segment on how to be a bad bitch was just over the top- teaching women to be confident is one thing, encouraging them to step all over everyone no matter what their feelings is one of the least attractive things i can imagine . Then watching tezuhan being so nasty to the other girls- i was done. I just couldnt stomach it. Im not saying everything should be sweetness and light but wow the show has just gone in a bad direction and i just couldnt stomach it. My favorite guilty pleasure is now gone :(

The show has long favored extroverted, uninhibited women, and the "bad bitch"  thing just took it further.  There's no room for women who are more introverted, or modest, they have to be willing to parade around to show their stuff, be outspoken and be willing to perform tasks far "outside their comfort zone."  

I'm not sure that the qualities the show looks for are what makes for a good long-term relationship.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Zach is trying hard to change the theme of the show which has been mostly "drama" the last several seasons. I said I hate this word in another post, but he's been very "intentional" with how he's been acting ( in a good way.) There's a reason bachelors like Sean and Ben are still talked about to this day with such high regard, and that's because they had actual conversations with the women rather than make out sessions followed by the next make out session. They also seemed much more into actually finding love than the bachelors of recent past. I think Zach is trying to bring that back and I do think he is emotionally mature which is a nice change.

One thing I am a little sick of that I think I even saw a preview for Zach saying is that he didn't think he can fall in love with 2 women. They say that season after season and # 1- I don't buy that they actually love either woman by that point let alone 2 of them.. and # 2- it's been the same producer-fed line for how many seasons already? It's repetitive. 

Looking back at Gabby and Rachel's season , there's no way Zach was actually into Rachel. She was such high maintenance and so much into drama and very needy, which is what he seems to be against and turned off by. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was shocked that I actually liked Christina this week. She was perfect for the family party date and was eloquent when Briana was confronting her. Briana is an idiot and shit stirrer if she couldn't tell that Christina was joking with the "I hate you" comment. Also Briana -- own that you wore a red dress with roses on it on purpose. No shame in owning "America's" rose (um, not really America's choice, but rather a slice of bachelor nation). Loved how Zach didn't want to know the drama. There was NO reason for her to even bring it up. She needs to go. This franchise isn't made for her.

I didn't like the bad bitch date. It was stupid. Being a bad bitch doesn't mean showing off your stripper pole moves. The judges sucked too. Why bring any of those women back?

Zach responded well to the whole child revelation. It is a lot to take in. I'd like to know the backstory about her daughter too. 

I'm going to try to get through the season unspoiled. Let's see if I can this time.

Edited by jackjill89
  • Like 16

In our previous missive we discussed the cultural trend of the tattoo, specifically on female forms, specifically the size and visibility thereof.

The first shot of Zach reminds us that while the Miami Vice craze compelled legions of men to ditch the razors and to wear t-shirts with linen jackets, the collective stubble vanished just as quickly as it appeared, especially after horrified parents saw the prom photos. But scraggly whiskers now seem to be a permanent fixture, including on visages where they are least needed and least flattering ie the lantern jaw of Zach. Whiskers and beards can camouflage jowls, double and/or weak chins as everyone’s science teacher demonstrated. But on young, fit blokes they will forever look out of place and sloppy, especially when paired with otherwise smart clothes.

This episode begins with the producers’ favorite: a railing shot. The Bachelor, breathing deeply, contemplating the universe and his place in it while his nether regions stir as they are invigorated by the ocean air, crashing waves and, er, the thought of two dozen attractive women waiting breathlessly to see him.

This time, however, there isn’t an actual railing…Zach is on the edge of a cliff. And where is that cliff? Point Dume, not too far from the mansion (gasoline is expensive even for ABC these days). And how might those unfamiliar with Southern California recognize Point Dume? It was the location of the unforgettable ending of Planet of the Apes. Charlton Heston wailing on hands and knees in the surf as he realizes he’s been on earth (of the future) all along. All together now: ‘Ahh damn you! G*d damn you all to hell!’ It’s a new season and we aren’t quite at that level of anguish ourselves but give us time.

(The intention is not to embed images in every post this season but certainly a side by side illustration is warranted here.)

1367502078_zachptdume.jpg.397ef8de055e5fce664982111ad5e942.jpg1552627782_apesbeach.jpg.61827f70485297a7f2786d3b0bd24312.jpg

The women who attended The Live Show™ speak of it often. Log-rolling for social status among peers? Greer’s big brown eyes are the stuff of Japanese anime. Brianna is attractive enough to stop traffic and inspired a Google search which led to a quick but deep dive into the phenomenon of ‘hair edges,’ something us country boys don’t know too much ‘bout. Someone with a suspicious turn of mind (to use the phrase of Robert Newton as Long John Silver) might suggest that Brianna has a little ski jump nose that is often the final product of a rhinoplasty. But as long as we don’t veer into Janet Jackson territory it looks lovely.

Cat, you have a cute look but the wild contortions of your face when reacting have to go. And reconsider your shade of concealer.

Jeans and bare shoulders are a requirement for boarding the bus to see…Latto? Me neither. But we musicians can’t pass up an opportunity to rail against assembly-line hip-hop so here goes:  Genius of Love was a song originally composed and recorded by the Tom Tom Club (who were/are Tina & Chris from Talking Heads). Genius of Love was constructed using loops ie repeated drum patterns or instrumental sequences. Loops became the basis of much of rap/hip-hop from Rapper’s Delight by the Sugarhill Gang to Fantasy by Mariah Carey. And what was Fantasy? It was a sample of…Genius of Love with a new chorus and verse. Samples have always been controversial financially (viewed as theft and violations of copyright) and musically (ie it requires no actual creativity). Now we have the ludicrous prospect of a rapper sampling a song that itself was a sample. It’s the stuff of Russian nesting dolls…or Xerox machines. Whatever it is, it’s lazy and one short step away from karaoke.

Latto, in full hair, makeup, wardrobe is here to tell us that appearance doesn’t matter. If you say so. In other news, Patrick Mahomes says the ability to throw a football isn't really that important to being a quarterback. Oh no, they’re dancing. Sober. Under bright lights. At 11 AM. All the horrible wedding receptions you’ve attended are flashing before your eyes. Much of the ‘dancing’ involves moves typically seen in a strip club. Or a gymnastics class.

Jesse’s Angels (?) have appeared, led by Victoria Fuller, and her denim dress is bursting open. You might describe it as fuller of Victoria’s victorias. Unlucky Johnny is on a beach somewhere, clothes tattered and torn, hair askew, staring blankly at the horizon after tangling with the eyewall of Hurricane Victoria.  The other ‘iconic ladies’ are unknown to this writer…or maybe they were just forgettable. Surely with the outfits, music and club setting there’s a brass pole in our future? Cue the exotic dancing, because every bloke who takes his forever person™ home wants to tell his family she gives a good lap dance.

This post is already long and it’s only the first date but another humorous musical aside: at a gig we were frantically setting up as usual. Mic stands placed, cables run etc. The singer that night ran up with a panicked look on her face. ‘My microphone won’t fit in the stand!’ Odd. As it turned out, she had a rhinestone-encrusted mic like the one the ladies used on this date and yes, it requires a special holder. Showbiz, eh?

None of the women have the presence of mind or courage to go for some stand-up comedy but then self-deprecation might be out of line with the empowerment theme, such as it is. But being funny is what the military types call a force multiplier.

At the rose powwow half the women appear to be drinking…water? Hey it’s Dry January (and thank heaven it’s the last day of that) but this was filmed months ago. Has a new temperance movement begun? Are they counting calories that closely? Are they worried about losing their bearing?

Katherine is clearly a frontrunner, clearly a schemer and clearly able to exploit Zach’s eagerness. Her chatup line is awful but he doesn’t seem to mind. Brianna seems a bit more authentic but masterfully applies the one-two punch of tears & laughter to obtain a kiss.

Autocorrect is fiercely objecting to ‘Tahzjuan’ with an angry red line below it. I’m not sure I could spell it from memory. We might also fiercely object to her crashing of the party. The other women certainly do especially after Thaz, Tahj..dammit, Tahz starts issuing ominous warnings about the long odds they all face. Profound distress (in the words of Mark Twain) shown by the women. But Zach has given a polite but firm No to Tajh, Tajz…whatshername. Ravishing delight (Twain again) from the women. Now…if Victoria had started spinning her web, the outcome might have been very different and even more upsetting. And one suspects she might reappear later anyway. Speaking of traps, Katherine has set hers and nabs a rose.

Are we obliged to spell out Christina Mandrell in full like the captions for her entire run? Arie Luyendyk Jr was quasi-famous (son of an Indy 500 champion) but we didn’t see his surname throughout. Christina Mandrell loves being a mom but ‘he hasn’t seen that side of me yet’ meaning she hasn’t worked up the courage to tell him. On the other hand, she did bring an entire party bus in order to ‘steal’ him.

Wait…Zach went to a Nickelback concert? Christina Mandrell speaks for all of us with her reaction. First concerts don’t always represent our best choices or tastes. Still, Christina Mandrell isn’t too put off to lay a hand on Zach’s inner thigh as the chopper rises (metaphor alert). The much-hyped hometown date is gazzumped by…going to Zach’s home in week 1. Some of the Zachians appear a bit worse for wear. Christina Mandrell tests Zach’s poker face – he sweats bullets but awards a rose anyway.

Ariel’s cue card gambit is groantastic…a 7th grade note-passing tactic to get a kiss. So much for slick NY marketing. Zach is handing out kisses like Santa gives out candy canes. And the girls are telling like kids visiting Santa. Brianna is overly fixated on the roses…could mean trouble.

Christina Mandrell and Brianna are having the 21st century version of an argument – a passive-aggressive exchange of unpleasantries couched in psychobabble and insincere empathy. Brianna has gone from queen bee to worker about to buzz herself out of the hive with anxiety. Dumping it in the Bachelor’s lap is always a mistake…he’s even declined the offer once. And now he’s ticked off.

The rose ceremony features more cleavage than the Grand Canyon. Not that Zach minds. Perhaps he thinks they’re offering him a human vase of sorts for the long-stemmed rose. $5 to the first girl who tries it as a goof!

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2