Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E02: Week 2

JenE4
  • Start Topic

Below is Irlene Mandrell, Christina's mother. I'm old and I remember the Mandrell sisters had a show way back. I thought of the three, Barbara, Louise and Irlene, Irlene was the least talented. I thought Louise was the prettiest. I remember she had a killer body and my dad used to lust after her. 

Agree with the comments about Zach seeming scared off by Christina being a mother. I don't think she'll make it to final four. 

Definite producer influence for Briana getting a rose. Zach doesn't seem into her at all.

He sure is kissing a lot of the women!

Irene.jpeg

Louise.jpeg

Mandrell sisters.jpeg

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2

Latto! They actually got a real famous person some of the girls have actually heard of! An actual Top 20 artist! Its like when they brought in Hilary Duff for Clayton's season, you could tell that the girls were genuinely excited to see her, they didn't have to fake excitement in seeing some C-List comedian or D-List country singer. The bad bitch challenge was silly even by this shows standards and I don't really love these "get outside your comfort zone!" challenges, but its not the most cringe thing they've had contestants done by far. It was more fun silly than uncomfortable silly. I was also not happy to see the needy trio arrive, three people that I never need to see again, even if the franchise loves its trainwrecks and drama queens. 

The whole Tahzjuan thing was Zach's first test as bachelor, and he passed with flying colors. He didn't even seem to be tempted to keep her around but was very polite about telling her to kick rocks, which is about the best way you can handle it when the house is crashed by a random trainwreck from a previous season. Well, "crashed" if you don't think that all of this wasn't a scripted stunt, at least her showing up. No idea if Zach was given the script. 

Christina was a good choice for the meet the family date, even though I always dislike when they do those sorts of family party dates before we get to home towns, it seems to be giving an advantage to one person too early. She's very energetic and outgoing, you can tell she thrives in big groups like that. Zach was clearly freaked out when he realized that Christina had a kid, and while that could be an issue going forward, I can appreciate that he was honest. Its a big thing to get in a serious relationship with a child involved, and it seems like its not something he expected from any of the ladies, I prefer him understanding the gravity of possibly taking on a paternal role and admitting that he was intimidated instead of being flippant or faking being totally fine with it. I was surprised that no one asked about the father, is he still in the picture? Would Zach be her primary paternal figure as a step dad or would he have to navigate things with the biological dad? 

I like Zach so far, I appreciate that he is really trying to get to talk to a lot of women and is trying to clamp down on drama. He has plenty of time to screw things up, but he seems like a right reasons so far. His excitement at getting some candy after what was certainly a long day felt very endearing and real. In retrospect, not getting picked by Rachel was for the best, he seems to favor more low maintenance chill kinds of women, not high drama high maintenance Rachel. He probably should have gone with Gabby.

That confrontation between Breanna and Christina was really weird, I was definitely on Christina's side. She was clearly joking around and her apology seemed sincere, if confused, but Breanna seemed to be trying to soak up the drama and the victimhood for all it was worth. Zach did not seem into Breanna telling on Christina, I suspect that he was either told by a producer to pick her for the sake of future drama (especially without an obvious villain yet) or felt bad not picking her. And her telling Christina that she expected "actions before forgiving her" was so condescending and fake, she was really trying to set herself up as a victim of mean girls, even though we have never seen anything like that. Just own being America's Rose, don't try to start shit and pout about it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The whole Tahzjuan thing was Zach's first test as bachelor, and he passed with flying colors. He didn't even seem to be tempted to keep her around but was very polite about telling her to kick rocks,

why did he have to say he'd think about it? IMHO he doesn't need to be polite, he should have just said "thanks but no thanks."

31 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Christina was a good choice for the meet the family date, even though I always dislike when they do those sorts of family party dates before we get to home towns, it seems to be giving an advantage to one person too early. She's very energetic and outgoing, you can tell she thrives in big groups like that.

Personally I would have HATED it. But then again, that's why going on a show like this would be a big NEVER for me. She did a good job gushing over the baby pics of the guy she met two and a half minutes ago in the grand scheme of things.

33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Zach did not seem into Breanna telling on Christina,

Why Briana thinks it would be some kind of turn on to spend ALL her time whining about her insecurity is beyond me. Zach is clearly over it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Hopefully these 2 charts will help us identify and keep track of Zach's women as well as potential BiP/Bachelorette castings...

(Click on both images to see enlarged and sharp views.)

I'll post them again each week with updates on who gets cut. The key includes a scissor icon that will be a different color each week (in color wheel order) for those who are sent home.

The little rose icons identify each of the 5 lucky ladies who met Zach at the ATFR show last season. And the pink bows identify the 8 women who were singled out with intro clips during the premiere. I'm wondering if the producers see their next bachelorette among any of the women who received extra attention with the clips and pre-season intro.

Zach started out with 30 ladies and sent home 10 on the first night all identified with red scissor icons. Last night 3 ladies were cut and are shown w/ orange scissors. 

1aBach2023a6resized.thumb.jpg.0b824f6cbfda3593c1625bf70f4271a1.jpg

1aBach2023b5resized.thumb.jpg.2e109556d7ab7c01d9d4a8d4ac0e8961.jpg

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, GracieK said:

Christina looks just like her Aunt Barbara (famous Country singer). Christina looked so familiar to me and I couldn’t place it until I realized her last name was Mandrell. 

C130DD57-F57A-4CE9-9CF9-D94C8C714888.png

3FA6119B-B008-4E1A-B03B-9E1843135D16.jpeg

She reminds me Katy Perry

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Which girl is the overnight with?  I think it’s one of the nurses but that describes a lot of the girls.  Seems way too soon for that and just seems like it’s going to put a target on that girl’s back.

Brianna is way too young and fragile  for this.  She should have gone home.  Looks like  a lot of the girls start to dislike Christina next week but I don’t think she did anything at all to Brianna. And she seemed great on their date, I really liked her but that may change next week.  They both actually seemed sincere in that conversation. 

I was really surprised to see that overnight tent clip! What's up with that? It's only week 3!  Maybe he'll clarify that's it's just a chance to 'talk' away from the cameras??!!

I think Brianna may be spoiled and vengeful rather than fragile. She's a beautiful girl and may be used to getting all available attention wherever she goes.
I hope she doesn't ruin Christina's position on the show - now that the other girls know that C met Zach's family she may become a target and the rest of the cast might fall for Brianna's manipulative victim narrative and turn on Christina. I'll be super disappointed in Zach if he falls for Brianna's fake storyline. 

• Like 1

Bailey reminds me the girl with hearing aids from the previous season

Christina is an actress and she performs every single seconds.

it will be difficult for other girls without similar background to keep up with her.

she was 100% trolling Brianna during the entire ‘apology’ conversation 

• Like 2

This season's cast is really so very attractive! There also appears to be a higher caliber of brains and talent among this group as well. I hope Zach finds someone among all these choices - hopefully there are not a lot of kooks among them!
The producers will also have plenty to choose from for bachelorette. Besides Briana and Christina, I think Katherine, Kaity, Charity, Ariel, Anastasia, Kylee, and Bailey are all just gorgeous. Plus Greer, Gabi, Brooklyn, and Jess are all very very pretty! The rest of the girls are all at least very attractive to quite pretty as well.
Zach is handling himself very well amongst all this bounty! I can't help but remember Clayton's awful behavior especially when he blindly kept including Shanae over and over despite her awful behavior.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I was really surprised to see that overnight tent clip! What's up with that? It's only week 3!  Maybe he'll clarify that's it's just a chance to 'talk' away from the cameras??!!

IIRC, Jason and Molly also had an overnight date in a tent pretty early in the season, and they definitely did more than talk. Molly came back to the mansion wearing Jason's shirt.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

This is reminiscent of Jason’s date with Molly way back when. I believe they also had an early overnight tent date—which was scandalous. For those younger viewers who missed the early days, Jason was smitten with Molly but proposed to Melissa because she was “better on paper” as a potential step-mom to his young son. But after sending Molly home and right before proposing to Melissa, he infamously “Pulled a Mesnick,” which was crying over a balcony. At the After the Final Rose, he dumped Melissa and asked out Molly. And Jason and Molly to this day are one of the few successfully married Bachelor couples. Sooo…long story short…they might be trying to recreate the scandalous magic of that moment. If people are complaining that this show isn’t as good as it used to be, that’s a scenario worth dusting off and repeating. This season they are REALLY amping up the jealousy—meeting his family the first week and an overnight date the second?!? How are they going to top it?!? (Please, please, please bring back the storyline of leaving the loser of the 2:1 alone to die on an iceberg after revealing a tattoo gotten to Guard and Protect the Heart of the lead!!)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

IIRC, Jason and Molly also had an overnight date in a tent pretty early in the season, and they definitely did more than talk. Molly came back to the mansion wearing Jason's shirt.

Great minds, @chocolatine! Those were the days!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@chocolatine @JenE4

That's funny that they are bringing back old tricks with the tent night date! I didn't start watching until Ashley the dentist's season so although I've heard about Jason's dramatic season I wasn't aware of the 'tent' of trouble-making. How interesting that it hasn't been revived all these years until now!

I realized today that something weird happened last night...the Puddy puppet date was not shown! Does anyone know what happened and whether Patrick Warburton will appear on the show for a different segment? It'll be disappointing if he is not included somehow. And I would hate to think that they made time for Victoria, Tahzwhan and Courtney which added absolutely zero to the show and left out Zach's Uncle Puddy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2023 at 4:13 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Below is Irlene Mandrell, Christina's mother. I'm old and I remember the Mandrell sisters had a show way back. I thought of the three, Barbara, Louise and Irlene, Irlene was the least talented. I thought Louise was the prettiest. I remember she had a killer body and my dad used to lust after her. 

Mandrell sisters.jpeg

It's amazing how strong a family resemblance there is in the Mandrell clan. Even Christina's daughter looks a lot like Christina's mother and her two sisters.

Edited by Melonie77

Irlene, Christina’s mom was relegated to the drums for their musical variety show. I think her only talent was juggling her boobs while aimlessly banging on the drums. She also played the “dumb blonde” like Chrissy Snow on “Three’s Company” on there. Don’t know if that was the real her or just her schtick for the show, but Christina is definitely a performer. After Zach was noncommittal after the daughter revelation, she really turned on the heat and was making out with him any chance she got on this episode and in the previews.
I want to like he, but I’m not really sold on her. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Zach is definitely hitting the right "nice-guy" notes. Too bad I keep obsessing over his big nostrils. I realize now it's because his nose is slightly upturned at the end, which really makes them seem HUGE to me.

I agree that the Mandrell chick isn't going to get far after the daughter reveal. I had forgotten she was the "mean girl" that hurt Brianna's feelings, though I think she's making far too much of it. I didn't like how when Brianna said she didn't even realize her dress had roses that Christina refused to believe her. That's pretty familiar/rude for a first meet. Just ask "Really?" and let her explain. You can choose to believe or not later.

Christina Mandrell gets a last name on her chyron -- it's a first for a first-time Bachelor contestant, I believe.

Gabi is kind of funny. I think I like her, despite her stressing out so much. Partly it's because I can tell her apart from the others because she reminds me of Deb from Dexter.

One blonde makes the weirdest expressions. I'm not sure which one it is -- her face doesn't settle down enough for me to figure it out!

OMG, the fart talk. JUST DO IT. You're a human being, not a Stepford Girlfriend! How absolutely silly -- they actually run across the street to another house instead of farting in front of a boyfriend? Hey, if he's that turned off, he's not right for you . Or anyone. Does he fart in front of you? Just asking!

Edited by Andromeda
For all the fart reasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Christina Mandrell gets a last name on her chyron -- it's a first for a first-time Bachelor contestant, I believe.

One blonde makes the weirdest expressions. I'm not sure which one it is -- her face doesn't settle down enough for me to figure it out!

I got three words for you: John Paul Jones. I think there may have been 1 or two others who also had a last names. I’m not certain on this one, but I think Emily told off a pretentious guy on her season who arrived via helicopter who also insisted on going by first and last name? But I don’t know whether Christina Mandrell walks around telling everyone she’s Christina Mandrell—or the show decided on that one.

The one with the twitchy face is Cat. I wonder whether she has tics—and then we shouldn’t comment on it if it’s a medical condition—or she’s just one of those people who has NO poker face whatsoever. But, regardless, she was one of the women sent home last night.

Edited by JenE4
I remembered Emily’s name
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The one with the twitchy face is Cat.

I think she's one of those people who have decided it's "interesting" to over-emote. We were punished by seeing her over-the-top reaction to the surprise entrance of the former contestants both BEFORE and AFTER the commercial break. Glad she's gone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The show has long favored extroverted, uninhibited women, and the "bad bitch"  thing just took it further.  There's no room for women who are more introverted, or modest, they have to be willing to parade around to show their stuff, be outspoken and be willing to perform tasks far "outside their comfort zone."  

I'm not sure that the qualities the show looks for are what makes for a good long-term relationship.  

I dont know but it def made me realize after all these years im done wirh it. Id rather read what you guys write but cant watch it .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I think she's one of those people who have decided it's "interesting" to over-emote. We were punished by seeing her over-the-top reaction to the surprise entrance of the former contestants both BEFORE and AFTER the commercial break. Glad she's gone.

She's one of those people who's facial expressions always look like she's saying "Sttttaaaaaahp" (like Andi Dorfman.) Why is her mouth ALWAYS open?

13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Is Latto a ripoff of Lizzo?

lmao I thought it was the same person. I really have no idea who today's artists are but they all blend.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

lmao I thought it was the same person. I really have no idea who today's artists are but they all blend.

Funny you mentioned that, Lizzo and Latto are actually on tour together right now! One of my friends just got tickets and has been talking about it nonstop! I prefer Lizzo, but Latto is a good get for this show. 

On the other hand, I have never heard of the Mandrell's and had no idea that Christina was related to anyone famous until I came onto this board. This season is weirdly attached to a lot of famous people, maybe they can even get a few more half decent guests this season. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

@chocolatine @JenE4

I realized today that something weird happened last night...the Puddy puppet date was not shown! Does anyone know what happened and whether Patrick Warburton will appear on the show for a different segment? It'll be disappointing if he is not included somehow. And I would hate to think that they made time for Victoria, Tahzwhan and Courtney which added absolutely zero to the show and left out Zach's Uncle Puddy.

I was wondering the same thing!  The second "group date" wasn't even shown, unless the date consisted of a toast, then individual conversation/makeout sessions. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

was wondering the same thing!  The second "group date" wasn't even shown, unless the date consisted of a toast, then individual conversation/makeout sessions.

I know!  He picked the girls up for their date and he just basically said, 'So, here's my yard. have a seat.' It was super weird.

• Like 3
On 1/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Is it just me or is the Bachelor House looking a little dated and worn out?  I was looking at it tonight and it just seemed like a place that I would not be impressed to be living in at this point.  Like they decorated and furnished it thirty years ago and haven't touched it since.

I would totally enjoy, with every fiber of my being, to watch a 13 episode makeover show where the Property Brothers or Christina (Flip or Flop) or some other fabulous HGTV star renovates the Bachelor Mansion. Please, please, please!!!!

Brianna is such a little whiny baby!  All girls know that "oh I hate you" means "I'm jealous".  It is not an insult it is a compliment! 

• Like 15
59 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I know!  He picked the girls up for their date and he just basically said, 'So, here's my yard. have a seat.' It was super weird.

Yeah, they completely cut out the entire puppet date and only showed the cocktail party that occurred afterward! I read somewhere that the girls' clothing doesn't make sense compared to prior scenes but I haven't gone back to check. And I think they had Zach do a voiceover saying something about wanting more time to talk to each girl - sort of as an excuse to make their date just a cocktail party.
It's bizarre and surprising that they would chose to lose a chance to feature Patrick Warburton hosting a group date!😢

• Like 3

I’ve read that they lease the house a few weeks twice a year, put the owners stuff in storage and furnish it for the show.  They can’t make structural changes and would have to repaint anything they changed.   Clearly they need new decorators.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
On 1/30/2023 at 7:37 PM, Riplet68 said:

ETA, this started I think with Michelle; at the evening portion of group date,  lead makes a comment about 2 or 3 that made an impression, then gives rise to one of those 3. I like it cause it gives reason they chose that person

Started with JoJo. 

5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I’ve read that they lease the house a few weeks twice a year, put the owners stuff in storage and furnish it for the show.  They can’t make structural changes and would have to repaint anything they changed.   Clearly they need new decorators.  

The owners are in serious need of an HGTV makeover.  This house is so dated, with all the iron scrollwork and Roman-inspired, dark stone looks that were so early 2000's.  

Many of the rooms need to go down to the studs.  

Lighten up the house, use lighter walls, lighter furniture, pops of bright colors in a few furniture pieces, fun rugs.  

Watch one episode of a real estate show, and see how great a lighter, brighter house looks.

It's starting  to look like everyone's grandma's house.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The owners are in serious need of an HGTV makeover.  This house is so dated, with all the iron scrollwork and Roman-inspired, dark stone looks that were so early 2000's.  

Many of the rooms need to go down to the studs.  

Lighten up the house, use lighter walls, lighter furniture, pops of bright colors in a few furniture pieces, fun rugs.  

Watch one episode of a real estate show, and see how great a lighter, brighter house looks.

It's starting  to look like everyone's grandma's house.

Agree, but the furniture and rugs and other accessories were brought in by the show and don’t belong to the home owners, so that is the producers fault. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I’ve read that they lease the house a few weeks twice a year

That reminds me of a thought I had this week- Zach says something like "this week has been really (something)." I thought, it can't possibly actually be A FULL WEEK, with just a few "events." So they are actually coached to pretend that the time scale is the same one we are watching in. They do the same thing on cooking competition shows of course. 

• Like 2
On 1/30/2023 at 8:43 PM, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, that's Cat and I don't understand what's going on with those bug eyes either.  

Her making those faces where she opened her eyes as wide as possible with her mouth wide open were designed to get close ups and it worked.  So glad she’s gone.   

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I didn’t like Catherine from the get-go (hellloooo, um ChatGPT can do your “content creator” job), but Briana is exhausting.

Briana was dying to tell Zach that it was Christina who made her feel bad.  Props to him for saying that not only did he not want to hear it, but that Briana’s own drama was keeping him from getting to know her. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 1/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, JenE4 said:

Wow! It was a little awkward that the whole gaggle of gals went to confront Taj, but her retort that none of you brought it to the date was a bit harsh. Okay, I stand corrected; Taj brought that bad bitch energy after all! Zach is totally going to send her home after that—unless the producers insist on keeping it going for a couple more episodes.

So what I am wondering is why we didn't get to see the scene where Zack tells Taj she can't join the group.  Since the show thrives on drama, and built this plot development up with Zack specifically telling her he needed time to think, there had to be some reason for not showing us that, and instead just going directly to him telling the girls.  

On 1/31/2023 at 6:54 PM, Maximadc said:

Bailey reminds me the girl with hearing aids from the previous season

Yes, Abigail...I just said that to someone yesterday!

On 1/31/2023 at 12:38 PM, Jax7917 said:

Looking back at Gabby and Rachel's season , there's no way Zach was actually into Rachel. She was such high maintenance and so much into drama and very needy, which is what he seems to be against and turned off by. 

I absolutely think he was actually into Rachel, but was genuinely stunned by whatever true side he saw of her in the FS.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, seacliffsal said:

I remember when one of Emily's contestants wasn't pleased she had a daughter and wow, did "Bachelor Nation" go after him.  He was vilified.  So, it was good that Zach kept her or else he would have received a ton of backlash.

It was Kalon (the luxury brands consultant) and he wasn't just displeased that Emily had a kid...he referred to her having a kid as "baggage", and deserved every bit of the backlash.

23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Don’t know if that was the real her or just her schtick for the show, but Christina is definitely a performer. .....I want to like her, but I’m not really sold on her. 

Something about Christina reminded me of Vienna (from Jake's season), but when I saw Christina on the one-on-one date I thought that I was mistaken and that she must be genuinely nice/good/etc.  But then I saw the previews, which seem to imply some sort of baiting or disparagement of other girls, and now I think maybe I was right about her being like Vienna.

6 hours ago, dleighg said:

That reminds me of a thought I had this week- Zach says something like "this week has been really (something)." I thought, it can't possibly actually be A FULL WEEK, with just a few "events." So they are actually coached to pretend that the time scale is the same one we are watching in. They do the same thing on cooking competition shows of course. 

And they do it big-time on Bachelor in Paradise.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Jess reminds me of a young Jennifer Garner and I find her natural, radiant face so refreshing.  As for Brianna, I was part of America's vote to give her the rose.  Now I think she's real trouble.  She scares me.

And she's one of the few women who doesn't look like she's lying about her age.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
On 1/31/2023 at 6:40 PM, Melonie77 said:

now that the other girls know that C met Zach's family she may become a target and the rest of the cast might fall for Brianna's manipulative victim narrative and turn on Christina.

Two things.  First, I was shocked that nobody knew Christina had met Zach's family.  I thought these women were gabbier about what goes on on their dates.  But it was amusing when Zach announced it to the group and Christina said she hadn't told anyone.  

Second, I would hope that even among people their age, someone who says she doesn't feel safe because someone said "I hate you. J/K" is full of shit.  She could feel hurt, or angry, or any number of things.  But not safe?  Puh-leeze.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Zach is attractive and his voice is HOT, but he's a boring conversationalist 😐.  I'll watch this season for the wrong reasons- will there be a random ambulance shot? Who's crying on the stairs in a thong bikini and a sarong? Will the fantasy suites bring Zack clarity? And will Greer learn how to properly snap a bodysuit crotch? Here's to another season that's sure to jazz up my Mondays!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

Someone explain the appeal of Tahzjuan. She's awkward and the least "bad bitch" on this episode.

Did Victoria or Courtney say anything? I don't get the appeal of Tahzjuan either. I remember her on BIP as constantly being overheated and sweating profusely.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Did Victoria or Courtney say anything? I don't get the appeal of Tahzjuan either. I remember her on BIP as constantly being overheated and sweating profusely.

Victoria pissed off Bachelor Nation at the BIP reunion.  The Bachelor was already filmed so all they could do was edit her out as much as possible which I guess also impacted Courtney’s air time.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 5