Type keyword(s) to search

Farmer Wants A Wife - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meowwww said:
On 5/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, LakeGal said:

Did I see Allen at the White House Correspondents dinner?  I think that was him in a  black cowboy hat.  

All the guys were there…not sure why, it’s so random. 

News organizations, broadcast channels and cable stations buy tables ... then their "people" create guest lists.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, Cramps said:

I’m a city girl, so my tastes may just be completely different, but I keep thinking “Why would women compete for these men?” Is this just the best farmers the producers could get, or do most women consider these men hot catches? They don’t seem particularly attractive, charming or considerate to me. 

I’m not trying to be snarky—it’s a genuine question. I’m a little baffled. 

On the snarky side, the show itself is very poorly produced. I do like Jennifer as a host though.

Lol thanks for opening things up! Because as a country guy, I’ve been watching half this season wondering why these guys keep some of these barkers around. Between the personalities and the clown whore makeup, there’s only about two I’d wanna have a date with. Maybe. 

• Like 1

Predictions before tonight's episode: 

Allen: picks Khelsi, and she says yes. Rebecca is just too similar to his personality. Plus she seems to have a growing business that is tied to California, and I don't see her moving.*

Hunter: picks Meghan, and she says maybe. I'm not sure she's as into him as he is into her, and I think she's going to want time and space away from the show to decide. I see friend vibes with Sydney. Again, they're too similar, and she has a growing business in Nashville.*

Landon: picks Ashley L, and she says yes. I think they have more of a connection than has been shown. For all that he picked Ashley Blue Hair for the first solo date and he's twice pulled her for reassurance, we've never seen them kiss once (but he has kissed Ashley L and Kylie). I think meeting her daughter will give him pause as well (and it should give ABH pause, too, but I'm not holding out hope). There's a HUGE difference between dating a mom who already lives in your area, and asking a mom to move her kid half a country away from everyone she knows for a reality show relationship. 

Ryan: picks Sara(h) and she says, um, thank you, but no. I've never gotten the impression that any of Ryan's ladies (except maybe Lily) see this as anything other than a lark. Ryan won't be heartbroken.

Side note - I think Ryan is the one Jennifer Nettles describes as making "a big mistake" in the promo for last week, but it's not that he sent home the wrong person. This was aired in the first episode in the season trailer, but mild spoiler ahead! There was video of him telling someone he made a mistake, and it looks like the back of Haley's head. I think he seeks her out when he's in NYC for Sara(h)'s home visit to just apologize for how he sent her home.

*I wish they hadn't cast people who live so far away from the farmers and have location-specific jobs. Event planners, bloggers, healthcare workers... those jobs can be anywhere. But someone who's getting a country music booking agency off the ground, or has an established horse training business with Hollywood clients? I can't imagine they would honestly consider moving. 

• Like 5
(edited)

It never occurred to me until I watched this episode how rough this must have been on the various dogs, to become attached to these women who have been living with them now for a month or more, and then to see them leave. Harder on their dogs than on the four guys.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3

Hunter picks Meghan but not sure she's as into him. Sydney is too young for him at 22 and what he wants out of this. But Meghan made a worrying statement about moving to her place.

Ryan should pick the tall Sara. She is good for him. Don't think Sarah really is into him. She just wants screen time and to win.

• Like 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Hunter picks Meghan but not sure she's as into him. Sydney is too young for him at 22 and what he wants out of this. But Meghan made a worrying statement about moving to her place.

Ryan should pick the tall Sara. She is good for him. Don't think Sarah really is into him. She just wants screen time and to win.

Meghan is also in her early 20s.  22 or 23.  They showed her age on the screen and it was one of the two. 

Spoiler

If you look at their TikToks, there seems to be some animosity towards the farmers.  Meghan has some cryptic stuff posted. 

1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

Spoiler:

Reveal spoiler

If you look at their TikToks, there seems to be some animosity towards the farmers.  Meghan has some cryptic stuff posted. 

ok I made a mess trying to edit this lol. 

Edited by Meowwww
11 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Meghan is also in her early 20s.  22 or 23.  They showed her age on the screen and it was one of the two. 

Hide contents

ok I made a mess trying to edit this lol. 

Woah, Meghan looks old. I pegged her for 35.

• Like 7

First of all, my heart aches for Landon losing his father.  Prayers and love for him.  I will say though that if I were one of the two women left and had deep feelings for him I would so be heading to his farm to comfort and support him.

I think Hunter made some misjudgements.  I think Stephanie really liked him and would probably have been one of the final two had Meghan not returned.  He is blinded by lust/love/whatever for Meghan but she did tell him that she would be inclined to move to her grandmother's for a while.  Sydney's mom just wasn't having it-probably knows that her daughter only signed up for this for instagram likes or something.

Ryan just seems awkward-if it isn't physical he doesn't know what to say or how to act.  

Kelsey seems to really like Allen.  Her family was also very welcoming to him.

We shall see...

• Like 3
On 3/15/2023 at 9:50 PM, rcc said:

I like all the farmer/ranchers but my favorite is Hunter.

Same here. Isn't Megan the one who, early on, almost left because she was so uncomfortable with the filming? Then she said she came back for him?

I doubt this show will have another season. I had high hopes for it, but no,

probably won't last.

• Like 4
(edited)

Does Megan live with her great grandmother? Is she expecting to inherit land? I don’t know how old her great grand-mother is but as far as great grannies go, they are not going to be with us for much longer and she could move after her death? Or maybe that’s code for “I ain’t leaving Tennessee, no way, no how. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Meghan throwing out the big cliff hanger that she wants to live at her Grandmother's place is simply a red herring.  The show has to do something to create some kind of suspense about her and Hunter.  She's a slam dunk and that's not exciting for a show storyline.

Is it confirmed that Meghan is in her early twenties?  Sydney is way too young for him at 22.  Her Mom wasn't even trying to participate in this charade.

I wonder what will happen with Landon.  I don't like Ashley blue hair and I thought her family (sister especially) were pretty ruthless and unwelcoming to him.  The fact that she not only introduced her young daughter to some fleeting showmance "boyfriend" but also made the shy thing perform on t.v. is pretty mortifying and unforgiveable.    

I actually like Allen and Khelsi.  They're cute together!

I don't really care about Ryan.  Tall girl is completely in the friend zone and Sarah is just looking to increase her Instagram followers. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Wow, Ryan trying to get back Hailey. Eek. He didn't do the best job there. Cringe. He won't have anyone.

I think Meghan gets picked but I still say she ain't all that into him. And Rebecca should get picked. Perfect for him. Ashley blue hair is the one that guy likes but I also don't think she's all that into him but brown hair Ashley is. 

• Like 4

The guys didn't answer any of the questions these loved ones asked.  They danced all around them or said something that wasn't even close the question. For me as a watcher, it is frustrating.  

For example, this is one of the exchanges last night.  I left out a few words, but this was most of it.  

Loved one to farmer:   "What do you like about so and so?"

Farmer: "Ummm, I think as long as a woman is kind and supportive the rest of the stuff we can work through that together.  I was raised that a man takes care of his family and I take that very seriously.  Does that answer your question?"

Loved one:  "Yes."

Me:  He didn't say one word about so and so and what he liked about her.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I was thinking of this from a different angle. One mom ask her daughter can you see yourself living and raising kids in the country? How can you not? But I know if they did "the wolf of wall street wants a wife" I'd NEVER be able to live in NYC. Not for a second. The thought makes me a nervous wreck. 😳

• Like 5

I do not know why so many of the females go on this show when they really do not want to move to where the farmer lives.  I guess they just want to be on TV.  But the whole idea of the show is marrying a farmer and living on his farm.  

I think that quite a few of the couples are a mixed match.  The guy wants the girl that is not that into them.  The girl that really likes the guy gets dumped.  Nobody ends up happy.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I do not know why so many of the females go on this show when they really do not want to move to where the farmer lives.  I guess they just want to be on TV. 

You solved your own dilemma.

4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

But the whole idea of the show is marrying a farmer and living on his farm.  

That's merely the premise the creators sold to FOX.  THEN..production people usually contact agencies and other businesses who represent wannabe actresses and models...and the ball rolls from there.  They need the best and cheapest way to get participants who have AT LEAST a little experience or education working on camera.  Even those miraculous matches on other shows rarely last--because they weren't meant to.

• Like 3

Ryan is the least appealing farmer to me.  I think all of his contestants checked out and he may not have any kind of 'choice' in the next episode.  He also seemed the most uncomfortable out of his element.  The other men all seemed 'themselves' as they visited the families and although not always the most articulate, they did have pleasant interactions with the families (although Florida Ashley's family seemed the most opposed to the whole thing).  I hope some of these participants find happiness (well, all of them, but some of them within the confines of the show).

• Like 4
On 4/19/2023 at 6:52 PM, Tess23 said:

This might be the most boring reality show in the history of tv. I had high hopes. Do these guys want a wife or a hired hand?

Ha!  They want a hired hand to clean up slop.  Yeah, I can just see a girl from N.Y. City working on a farm.  It’s actually a joke.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Ryan is the least appealing farmer to me.  I think all of his contestants checked out and he may not have any kind of 'choice' in the next episode.  He also seemed the most uncomfortable out of his element.

I think production orchestrated the Hailey return when Ryan was left with only the girl he doesn’t even like. 

• Like 7

I think meghan and hunter will end up as a couple. Hes got enough money to fly her back and forth to visit family. Ryan..just seems like a loser looking for sex. Allen and khelsi i think its a sexual attraction.  Landon i cannot figure him out. He feels pressure because of his age. He seems so lonely so hes a wild card to me. I think only hunter and meghan will make it out of here. 

• Like 5

I had high hopes for this show, but BORING.  I think they all are wannabe actors.  Besides, don’t farmers have hired hands to do the dirty work?  The girls would break their manicures. Lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Goodness, this show has been such a snooze for the most part. I loved the Australian version because it’s was much more authentic and there was a lot of promise for more of the couples-plus it was fun! This just paled in comparison. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Goodness, this show has been such a snooze for the most part. I loved the Australian version because it’s was much more authentic and there was a lot of promise for more of the couples-plus it was fun! This just paled in comparison. 

The only thing I like about this show was the western sweaters and jackets the girls wore, lol.  I’d like one of those sweaters being I don’t find them in New York.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The only thing I like about this show was the western sweaters and jackets the girls wore, lol.  I’d like one of those sweaters being I don’t find them in New York.

I admit it, I really like seeing the horses, various dogs, and cattle when they're not being vaccinated.  Oh, the autumn scenery has also been beautiful.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wrong on the first two. 
Think it’s pretty crappy that The guy whose name I can never friggin remember kept Ashley R around for so long knowing she had a kid only to ditch her anyway. Should’ve cut her early and let her go on back to her life. 

Per Mrs. Dub, his name is Landon. Apparently I should remember it because it’s also my nephews name. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 5
On 5/12/2023 at 8:44 PM, Marcia said:

Allen and khelsi i think its a sexual attraction.

I actually liked these two together but this poster is right, it may just be simple attraction.  She was soooo smitten with him.

Ryan - whatever!

I was totally let down by Hunter and Meghan's scene and they were the two I was most rooting for.  First of all, Meghan looked an utter mess!!  Sydney waltzed out there looking like a country angel in her long, white coat and then Meghan rolls up like her alarm clock didn't go off and she ran straight from bed. And she just seemed utterly disinterested in Hunter.  While he was so excited about her.  I don't know, she just seemed very "whatever" at the end.  I know she's laid back but this was beyond.

Did anyone else think because of Landon's Dad dying they delayed filming his portion?  Mom Ashley's hair had grown by a foot and all that was left were her scraggly blue ends!  The girl he chose was so giggly all the time, it was distracting (she was also an Ashley but spelled differently, correct?).  I don't think they're a match.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

... Meghan looked an utter mess!! .... Meghan rolls up like her alarm clock didn't go off and she ran straight from bed. .... utterly disinterested in Hunter. ... seemed very "whatever" at the end. 

Kiki620's comment "edited" above.  I think from the very beginning she was intent on portraying a type. Okay, she portrayed. She won.  I doubt if the romance will last long.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Mom Ashley's hair had grown by a foot and all that was left were her scraggly blue ends! 

Talk about HAIR !!!  Them's some mighty grey ROOTS growing in on KHELSI'S last appearance.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Hunter and Megan are still "together".   there are several articles out where they have given interviews.   I think she had a lot of issues with the cameras.  dont know about the others yet.

• Useful 4

That long white coat was the wrong thing to wear.  It was dirty along the back hem when she walked away.  I kept thinking of what it probably dragged in when she was walking across that pasture.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I think they dangled quite a bit of money in front of Hailey to get her to show up at Ryan's.  I wrote last week that I thought Ryan would end up alone-he seemed to get into physical attractions right away with his contestants and never really seemed interested in building a long-term relationship.

I think Landon started changing his mind after meeting Ashley's family in Orlando.  They did not seem welcoming or warm to him at all.  Before then I thought he would choose her, but when compared with the welcome the other family gave him, I think he started looking at things differently.

Meghan and Hunter seemed anti-climatic.  They were building to the biggest love story of the season and it just sort of fizzled.

I would like a reunion episode just to see what happened with all of the couples.

• Like 5

I hope we get a follow up too.  I thought the last episode was boring. 

I would have loved to have heard what Hunter went through during the process, especially when Megan left following the death of her grandfather.  Yesterday morning, a local news show in Dallas interviewed Megan and she was all smiles whenever they said Hunter's name.  She also said it was the show that contacted her and asked her to come back after she had left.  

I wasn't surprised at any of the chosen ones.  I also think Landon favored Ashley with the blue hair up until the hometown visits.  The reality of the situation hit him then.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It's not lost on me that the only farmer who ended up alone is the Black man. When things like this happen it's hard for me to believe it's not by design. Like some kind of message is being sent. As a Black man maybe i'm a little paranoid but i'm offended. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

I think all the couples work. Not surprised at Ryan. He is too guarded with his feelings. My favorite couple always was Hunter and Meghan. Glad they are still together.

2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I would have loved to have heard what Hunter went through during the process, especially when Megan left following the death of her grandfather.  Yesterday morning, a local news show in Dallas interviewed Megan and she was all smiles whenever they said Hunter's name.  She also said it was the show that contacted her and asked her to come back after she had left.  

I wasn't surprised at any of the chosen ones.  I also think Landon favored Ashley with the blue hair up until the hometown visits.  The reality of the situation hit him then.  

It almost seems unfair because how can you make a decision not only about Ashley, but also about a 13 year old girl who is already going through a difficult age. It could be the farm life would be great for her or she may end up detesting it and her mom and of course this strange man.

1 hour ago, mommalib said:

It's not lost on me that the only farmer who ended up alone is the Black man. When things like this happen it's hard for me to believe it's not by design. Like some kind of message is being sent. As a Black man maybe i'm a little paranoid but i'm offended. 

By his own admission he let the wrong woman go. No one hitched a knot yet.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

So boring.... I fast forwarded through most of it. Yep I just don't care who you pick or why. Too bad Allen didn't say actually, "I'm in love with Cassidy Jo". That would at least make it interesting.🤣🤣🤣

I was also a little "over" Ryan's mom calling him baby. 🙄

Someone said there's an Australian version. I may try to hunt that down. Prrrrrr 😻

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It almost seems unfair because how can you make a decision not only about Ashley, but also about a 13 year old girl who is already going through a difficult age. It could be the farm life would be great for her or she may end up detesting it and her mom and of course this strange man.

By his own admission he let the wrong woman go. No one hitched a knot yet.

I get that but I still don't like the optics. 

• Like 1

At the end of the credits they had a casting announcement so it seems like they are planning on a second season.  I found it interesting that Alan told Khelsi that he signed up for the experience not expecting to find someone to love, so it just supports the idea that people are signing up to be on t.v. and not necessarily treating the premise seriously.

Most of the women who were 'let go' seemed relieved-not too many tears shed.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 5/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, JayDub1987 said:

Think it’s pretty crappy that The guy whose name I can never friggin remember kept Ashley R around for so long knowing she had a kid only to ditch her anyway.

I think he was open to the kid but you marry someone’s family and hers was obnoxious.

6 hours ago, mommalib said:

I think he dodged a bullet with that influencer.  She said she didn’t want to leave NYC and I think she came back just for more screen time and followers.  

• Like 6

Canada is doing a version of this show called Farming for Love on CTV.  It starts on May 28th.  They have 6 single farmers.  I believe a couple of the farmers are female.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think he was open to the kid but you marry someone’s family and hers was obnoxious.

I think he dodged a bullet with that influencer.  She said she didn’t want to leave NYC and I think she came back just for more screen time and followers.  

I think you are right.  I’ve been watching half assed.  I don’t even know their names.  There’s not much action here, and I think the girls just want to be noticed on tv.  I’d be surprised if there’s another season.  Looks like a lonely life, and I’m sure the farmers have farm hands to do the dirty work.  I can’t see a city girl on a farm.  Where’s the nearest Starbucks, Malls and Sephora?, lol.

• LOL 2