Type keyword(s) to search

Farmer Wants A Wife - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, the one woman learned quickly why one shouldn't demand an answer to whether or not the lead is interested in her, because she just might get an answer.  So long (and I really don't know most of the contestants' names).  And Cassidy Jo (I do know her name...) hasn't learned that if someone doesn't kiss you it's probably because he doesn't want to).  

I think the show is doing a good job of introducing the women to aspects of life on the ranch-they are doing minimal chores, but are getting a feel for it.  I also think it's good that they are staying on the ranches so they can figure out how rural and isolating it could be.  

• Like 7
On 3/13/2023 at 11:31 AM, Rickster said:

My guess is that the producers thought dealing with cows and horses would make for better TV than viewers watching farmers planting soybeans and corn.

That's a shame, because I found Clarkson's Farm highly entertaining, and I'd love to see some of these women when they're told they can drive a Lamborghini...tractor.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Farming/ranching/existing is expensive.

I know two families with small farms and modest herds of beef cattle. In addition to working the farms, all four adults have part- or full-time jobs. One couple has never been able to afford any home other than a very nice trailer, and they are in their 50s.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

“You can’t date five women at once!”

Hey stupid, you signed up to be on a show where you would be competing against 4 other women for the affection of one guy. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 3/24/2023 at 9:51 AM, seacliffsal said:

And Cassidy Jo (I do know her name...) hasn't learned that if someone doesn't kiss you it's probably because he doesn't want to). 

Persistence apparenty paid off.  The relentlessly annoying and desperate Cassidy Jo finally got her kiss...and actually BRAGGED about it. To call it a peck would be an exaggeration.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

I wonder if production is making him keep Cassidy Jo. He seems thoroughly disgusted by her (or maybe that’s just me 🤣)

On one hand, the women seem insane for crying about not getting enough time with the guy on a dumb TV show. On the other hand - why AREN’T the men going out of their way to have individual time with each woman? There are only 4 or 5 of them. 

Edited by Maya
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Maya said:

On one hand, the women seem insane for crying about not getting enough time with the guy on a dumb TV show. On the other hand - why AREN’T the men going out of their way to have individual time with each woman? There are only 4 or 5 of them. 

Honestly, as a guy, I think I would know who I was the most interested in pretty quickly. I told my wife on the night of the premiere that I would've had a hard time picking 5 to take back with me. I can't imagine trying to pretend to be genuinely interested in 5 women at once. But hell, I'm 35 and have been with my wife since I was 20. I haven't been genuinely interested in 5 women in my life. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, Maya said:

I wonder if production is making him keep Cassidy Jo. He seems thoroughly disgusted by her (or maybe that’s just me 🤣)

It's definitely me...and any guy she dated in her desperate/needy life!

23 hours ago, Maya said:

My husband walked in and asked me "what wrong with her face?" 🤨🫣🤣 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

My husband walked in and asked me "what wrong with her face?" 🤨🫣🤣 

Awww...how sad (not!).  She's done everything she possibly can to make herself look "kissable"?  WHY??? WHYYYYYY doesn't anyone want to kiss her?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Awww...how sad (not!).  She's done everything she possibly can to make herself look "kissable"?  WHY??? WHYYYYYY doesn't anyone want to kiss her?

Maybe Allen is allergic to "fillers"💋🤡

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Castrating bull calves is part of ranch/farm life but I don't know if it was necessary to have newbies participate. I was wondering if the calves were sprayed with blue coat afterwards to help prevent infection. (It's like a spray-on bandage.) That black and white calf was so little! 

• Like 3

The show is entertaining if nothing else. It is suspenseful when someone has to be picked to leave. I have a problem with the competition aspect of it. How much are the women really considering life as a farm wife or are they just competing to 'win the prize' without really finding out of the prize is worth it. 

I think a couple of woman are showing they can handle the life and the farmer. Some look and act more like farm girls while others look like city girls. I really wonder if they are counting the cost? I'm very happy there are people who enjoy this kind of work. Too labor intense for me, I'm a thinker not a stinker.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/30/2023 at 5:30 AM, Maya said:

It would take an hour and 15 minutes to take 15 minutes with each of them. Two and a half hours to spend half hour with each one. Its not going to get easier as they whittle them down. I assume its possible at the end some of them will come up with an empty sack. Even if they settle on one I assume it doesn't mean instant wedding.

As a man I'm sure this situation would be very difficult to manage. I bet there not sleeping well, I'm sure the farm work is falling behind. One of them said its not natural to date five at a time...I'm sure its not. I had a hard enough time dating one at a time. Women on the show accept this due to the situation but under most circumstances intolerable. I think it would go to my head. I'm not sure I'd wind up with the best woman for me either.

• Like 5

If they are crying now because their guy isn’t spending enough time with them, wait until the cameras leave and real life slaps them upside the head.  Farm/ranch life is hard work and there’s not a lot of sitting around gazing into each other’s eyes!

My husband grew up on a farm in OK.  Every time we visit, I swear I’m cutting my hair off—the wind is a BEAST!  Those girls and their long hair!  Hahaha!

• Like 6
(edited)

"I'm not here to be a background character". That's a weird thing to say on a dating show, unless your real objective was to increase your Instagram followers. 

ETA: One of my exes had no problem dating 5 women at one time. He just made sure none of us knew about the other four.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Cassidy Jo bragging to the other women about that "kiss" cracked me up. I kissed a girl like that once. We were in the 5th grade at a school dance. She was hoping to make the other women want to give up because she had been "making out" with their farmer (and yes, I'm using the term "farmer" because I'm still struggling with names). 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Cassidy Jo bragging to the other women about that "kiss" cracked me up. I kissed a girl like that once. We were in the 5th grade at a school dance. She was hoping to make the other women want to give up because she had been "making out" with their farmer (and yes, I'm using the term "farmer" because I'm still struggling with names). 

And she had to ask for that peck on the lips. CJ is turning out to be the mean girl of the group. zI like how Allen said things aren't always as they seem.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, retired watcher said:

And she had to ask for that peck on the lips. CJ is turning out to be the mean girl of the group. zI like how Allen said things aren't always as they seem.

Absolutely. I would be embarrassed if I were her. She had to beg for a kiss, and she got that?! And then bragged about it?! That's humiliating.  

• Like 8
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

And then bragged about it?!

Did she, though? I understand why some people don't like Cassidy Jo, but I don't think she can be accused of "bragging". She literally said nothing about it until she was asked a direct question, and even then she tried to dodge answering.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

And she had to ask for that peck on the lips. CJ is turning out to be the mean girl of the group.

Her desperation stands out over any meanness.  Talk about a "background character"?  Cassidy Jo was hired to be a specific focal point.  The Crazy One.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Did she, though? I understand why some people don't like Cassidy Jo, but I don't think she can be accused of "bragging". She literally said nothing about it until she was asked a direct question, and even then she tried to dodge answering.

Oh I think she did. If she wasn't trying to make the other girls feel insecure, she would've said, "I told him I wanted a kiss and he gave me some kind of little peck on the lips." No, she made it sound like they kissed. As an adult, I don't even know that you count that as an actual kiss.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Are we supposed to believe that over the course of three weeks, about half the women have still not had one-on-one time with the guy they are LIVING with?? 

ETA: Seriously - wtf is everyone doing in that house all day and all night if they are never running into each other?

Edited by Maya
  • Like 6

So, Kirsten is complaining that she hasn't spent any time with Allen, yet when he comes over to talk to her (while she was on the porch reading) she barely answers his questions and doesn't initiate any questions or small talk?  I guess this is what happens when people are on social media all the time (she was a blogger) and don't actually have conversations with people.  And then she is shocked he sent her home?  Alrighty then.

Rebecca demonstrated how to get one-on-one time and get to know the 'farmers' when she got up early and went to feed the horses with Allen.  See?  That's how easy it is.

• Like 13

Yeah, that scene with Allen and Kiersten on the porch that devolved into crickets was just painful to watch.  But I still would have paid good money ($1.50 at least) to see him send Cassidy Jo home instead.  It's kind of like Survivor.  Get rid of the "big player" and then he could still vote of Kiersten any ol time.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, Kirsten is complaining that she hasn't spent any time with Allen, yet when he comes over to talk to her (while she was on the porch reading) she barely answers his questions and doesn't initiate any questions or small talk?  

Even worse, she's the one who, a couple episodes ago, interrupted Allen & Khelsi's talk because she was not going to be ignored! I was so glad after that, when Allen took Khelsi on a date and SAID that his talk with her was interrupted (by Kiersten), so he wanted to make up that time. Glad she's gone.

However, after Cassidy Jo let everyone believe she shared some passionate kiss with Allen (and she didn't beg him & he placated her with a peck!), I wanted Allen to go directly up to Cassidy Jo and tell her to get the hell out. (He clearly isn't into her enough to put up w/her weasel shit, why not just boot her?! Kiersten is harmless, could go next.)

I am really glad Allen asked Khelsi for a REAL kiss, and Khelsi was like 'Are you sure?' Take THAT, Cassidy Jo!

Also, Lily annoyed me with her "Oh, Allen likes you BEST!" crap. How the hell would she know?! Didn't know what the hell she was talking about, just kissing ass for some weird reason. Stop feeding insecure & needy Cassidy Jo's delusions! Gonna break that poor thing, bless her heart.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

What is with the bootie shorts???? I mean I have panties that are less revealing. 🙈 My husband said he wishes I could be their "house mother"! Cussing them a blue streak and chasing them with a switch! I even fussed at my youngest daughter's mom in law for dressing like a floosie. Go cover up!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 3/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, JayDub1987 said:

I really like Ashley R. Outside of her, they all seem like the same person with different names to me so far. 

And the same hair. Center part, long strands just hanging there. Probably a lot of extensions. Which are not very farmy or ranchy. Or maybe they are ... trim a horse's tail and tape it to your head.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, JunkFoodTV said:

What is with the bootie shorts???? I mean I have panties that are less revealing. 🙈 My husband said he wishes I could be their "house mother"! Cussing them a blue streak and chasing them with a switch! I even fussed at my youngest daughter's mom in law for dressing like a floosie. Go cover up!!!!

LOL  I mentioned I was watching this show with my (almost 80) ranching parents.  So Imagine an hour of "What are they wearing?  You can't do farm work in whore clothes!!!  Why are they wearing short shorts and sweaters?  If your arms are cold, so is the rest of you. That sweater hanging off her gets caught in a thresher, she's done for!"  

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Oh the farmer and the cowman should be friends ....

Yeah farmers and ranchers are different breeds.   But REAL farmers are like "I don't got time for this nonsense of teaching city girls how to farm, I got work to do."    Also I grew up in farm country and every farmer had a paying job to actually support their family.  

The women might be Bachelor rejects, but the men signed up for a reason too.   Promote their business, get insta famouse, whatever.  

• Like 5

Stupid question time.

In your view what is the difference between a farmer & a rancher ? Is there a number of cows you have to have before you turn into a farmer from a rancher ? I live where there are huge farms/ranches & I'm genuinely interested, I'm also British & take that into account please.

All views welcome.

I don't know, but I always thought that if the primary product was crops, that was a farm; if the primary product was livestock, that was a ranch.  Again, I don't know so am looking forward to other ideas/knowledge.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I live where there are huge farms/ranches & I'm genuinely interested, I'm also British & take that into account please.

I understand where you're coming from, because Jeremy Clarkson is doing all kinds of weird things at Diddly Squat. 

Over here if you're raising crops for sale it's definitely farming. But if you're raising pigs for meat, that's pig farming, keeping cows for milk that's dairy farming, keeping and raising horses for racing, etc that's horse farming, but raising cows for meat, that's ranching. I have no idea why. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I understand where you're coming from, because Jeremy Clarkson is doing all kinds of weird things at Diddly Squat. 

Over here if you're raising crops for sale it's definitely farming. But if you're raising pigs for meat, that's pig farming, keeping cows for milk that's dairy farming, keeping and raising horses for racing, etc that's horse farming, but raising cows for meat, that's ranching. I have no idea why. 

I think it may go back to what kind of fields folks wanted.   Farmers who grew crops wanted enclosed fields so they could be protected from livestock.   Ranchers wanted wide out spaces to run their herds.    Dairy farmers would, of course, wanted enclosed spaces so they could gather the cows easier for milking.    Ranchers just needs to know where the herd IS when they gather they up to ride them up market for selling.   

In the West there were actual fights over this hence the song in Oklahoma.

• Like 2
(edited)

According to a dictionary, a ranch is:

An extensive farm, especially in the western United States, on which large herds of cattle, sheep, or horses are raised.

When I lived in Texas, there were ranchettes, which are ranches less than 40 acres.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3

Just got caught up on this series. A few thoughts about the show..

Of course its a car wreck to have 5 woman competing for one guy. I wonder if they get so caught up in competition, they don't consider two pertinent things. Do they like the farmer and do they like farming? Its entertaining to watch woman compete over a man. I wonder how long lasting or if any of them get married at some point?

Hunter needs to be a bit more decisive especially since the woman he likes has a daughter. I wonder a bit about a mom who go's off on this adventure leaving her daughter behind...but she does seem nice.

Its seems like Ryan is giving all the woman a taste test. Guess I can't blame him. He needs to thin the herd. Go down to two asap and really have time.

Allen is doing the best job of thinning. He gave the woman he let go time but he's right they got awkward. I hope and I don't believe he will pick Cassidy Jo. She is the kind who loves to chase and win but once she has the games a foot elsewhere. She isn't a farmer's wife.

Landon seems the most down to earth. He made a good decision going down to four...now he should get down to two also. Then maybe some cat fights will break out...

• Like 4
20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I hope and I don't believe he will pick Cassidy Jo. She is the kind who loves to chase and win but once she has the games a foot elsewhere

The only saving grace for that is that HE wouldn't have to put up with any more of her games.  She's a trainwreck in lipstick.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Marcia said:

Why is Landon Heaton on linkedin for a company Altus intervention? Says from 2018 to present. Anyone know?

Looks like Altus is involved with oil wells, and Landon is from Tulsa, so that tracks.  It's possible he just hasn't updated his LinkedIn, especially if he left corporate life entirely. 

But it's more likely that he's still doing that, and also ranching.  Farming and ranching don't pay the bills these days.  Most farmers and ranchers basically are doing it as a "side hustle" because they love the lifestyle, but it doesn't pay.  The exception would be super labor-intensive operations like dairies and vegetable operations, because there's just not enough time in the day.  (Don't assume they're making money, however.  They're just sacrificing personal needs and going deeper and deeper into debt.)  Most farmers I know, at a minimum their wife is working full-time somewhere, and they consider themselves lucky if the farm pays its own bills.  (My in-laws are essentially living off their social security, even though they farm full-time.)

The other three guys have other incomes as well.

• Allen - looking at his Instagram, he apparently hauls cattle.  I'm guessing that's when he "goes West".  lol
  • Hunter - I can't find it now, but I believe I read somewhere that he's an auctioneer.  (I'm guessing maybe at a livestock sale barn?  That's usually just one day a week.)  He's also into the direct marketing/farm-to-consumer game, and at some point in the fairly recent past was pursuing a music career.
  • Ryan - I have no way to substantiate this, but someone on Reddit said he flips houses.  Considering the small amount of acreage he owns, the fact that his horses don't appear to be high-high-end, and the COL where he lives (on the edge of Charlotte), I'm reasonably certain his horses are a hobby, from a financial perspective.
Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

So which gals are farm ready ish? That have some level of experience. Those should be the ones they keep around. Forget about the out of element from big city life gals.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I don't know why farmers bother sometimes as all I see them doing around here is complaining about the weather. It's too hot, too cold, not enough rain, now it's too much rain which is a new one and anything else you can think of.

Well, people gotta eat, so it's a good thing they "bother". SMH.

If I were picking for who is farm ready, I'd go with: 

Allen - Rebecca

Hunter - Meghan

Landon - Kylie

Ryan - anyone or no one. I don't think any of his ladies have real farm experience, but I don't think he's really expecting them to help with it as much as the other guys.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Well, people gotta eat, so it's a good thing they "bother". SMH.

If I were picking for who is farm ready, I'd go with: 

Allen - Rebecca

Hunter - Meghan

Landon - Kylie

Ryan - anyone or no one. I don't think any of his ladies have real farm experience, but I don't think he's really expecting them to help with it as much as the other guys.

Hunter also has Sydney who mentioned doing 4H or pig auctions or something. And for Allen, Cassidy Jo also mentioned something. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 3
On 4/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, Lamima said:

Hunter also has Sydney who mentioned doing 4H or pig auctions or something. And for Allen, Cassidy Jo also mentioned something. 

Yeah, no to Cassidy Jo. She can't handle the farm life. He needs to stick with Rebecca. The 3rd one was a little better than Cassidy Jo but not great either for farm life.

Think Hunter is stuck on Meghan only. And Ryan on Sarah with an H. Because his momma said so. Lol. I feel like Sarah is just in this for fame and or money and not really for love with a farmer. She doesn't seem authentic to me. JMO. But the one gal is right, Ryan wants physical and not emotional connections. Landon....he needs to cut 1 or 2. 

• Like 2

Cassidy Jo is just trying for screen time IMO.  The way she over reacted to getting pooh on her hand was just too much.  Hey, Cassidy Jo, if you want kids you better get used to seeing a lot of pooh...

I think Hunter was heart-broken as he really liked Meghan.  Cutting short the evening was just rude IMO.  If you're not interested in the other women, let them go home.

Yep, Ryan is a player who doesn't want emotions.  The other women seemed not happy with him and his excuse (emotions!!!) for sending that person home (yes, I admit that I don't know all of their names).

Landon doesn't seem to know what he wants-he needs to start sending some women home.

I guess that the show really only wants to send 1 woman home a week even though it's presented that all of the guys are going to send someone home each week until they don't.

I did like to see riding this episode as well as the rescue of the abandoned calf.

• Like 3