Type keyword(s) to search

Farmer Wants A Wife - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

According to my tv guide, there’s no show tonight.  Kate Middleton on this channel?  Bummer.  Could it be this show has bailed?

Edited by kristen111
  • Sad 2

I checked Futoncritic and there's no cancellation notice in there. That was pretty stupid of Fox and TMZ to try to make a big deal out of Kate Middleton being "missing" when she's already been seen in public this week. They should have pulled the stupid special and just aired this week's FWAW.

• Like 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I checked Futoncritic and there's no cancellation notice in there. That was pretty stupid of Fox and TMZ to try to make a big deal out of Kate Middleton being "missing" when she's already been seen in public this week. They should have pulled the stupid special and just aired this week's FWAW.

This is the second time.  Maybe ratings are bad.   Oh, the first time the President was on.

Edited by kristen111

I can't resist spoilers so I peeked at the Parade article. That lead me to an article on last year's couples, all of which flamed out within months of the ending of filming.

And Princess Kate has cancer, which makes the Fox/TMZ pile-on from Thursday night look even worse.

• Like 1

None of these farmers is remotely desirable enough to put up with this new woman BS. Ty in particular becomes grosser and grosser each week. I wish all those women who were threatening to leave actually did. I assume they’re sticking around for social media followers - no way they’re actually interested in marrying one of these fools. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

I was really hoping that the women who threatened to leave had left.  I wonder if the producers talked them out of it with some type of incentive.

I still like Brandon and Nathan, but the more I see Ty and Mitchell the less I like them.  Ty especially was peeved that the existing women did not warmly welcome the new woman.  What?  Does he think that he's such a catch that the women should be happy to stay there no matter who he brings in?  I was surprised that all of the farmers brought the new women home.  McKenzie I understand as she was there at the beginning but then left due to an emergency.  

Okay, I'm grumpy, but I needed someone, anyone, to go home this episode.  Have some dignity.  Or they should have had the men eliminate someone.  So, I guess, nothing really happened this episode except 4 more people were inserted into this mess.

• Like 9

This show likes to brag about hoe many successful couples they've made over the years, but it had to have been done with:

1.  Much better people.

2.  Much less producer inference bullshit.

And these idiots are "surprised" the women are upset?  Makenzie I'm okay with; and so were those women it seems.  The rest of them should have run for the hills.  None of them are this hard up for a relationship.  Media attention maybe, but not a relationship.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

Makenzie I'm okay with; and so were those women it seems.  The rest of them should have run for the hills.  None of them are this hard up for a relationship.

I deleted this show because of that reason; HOWEVER, I'm still  getting notifications.  Maybe the new mods can fix that.  

• Like 1
On 3/29/2024 at 5:55 PM, pdlinda said:

I deleted this show because of that reason; HOWEVER, I'm still  getting notifications.  Maybe the new mods can fix that.  

Go into your settings and check no notifications for this show.

• Like 1
On 3/29/2024 at 10:08 AM, Maya said:

Ty in particular becomes grosser and grosser each week

I agree.  

I couldn't make it through this episode.  They needed to bring the extra girl in for Brandon only.  The others did not need a new addition at all.  

I felt like I had switched the channel and started watching "searching for sister wife".  It was just giving a distinctly gross feeling instead of the silly, light-hearted show that it should be.

I'm also sick of the guys standing around kicking rocks and saying to each other, "you do any kissin?"  For real??!!!  These are grown ass men!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I don't understand why the farmers are so hesitant to send women home with whom they do not feel a 'connection.'  It seems obvious that a few of the women could be eliminated and it would not affect the farmers at all.  Brooke overestimated their 'connection' by demanding that Ty sent someone home.

Ty also should have seen the signs that Ashley really doesn't want to live on a farm when she walked away from the camel activity. But, she got the 'fireworks' date so that probably means he'll pick her at the end.  Also, is it only me who wonders why people make out during personalized fireworks shows?  I would so be 'let me watch the show...'  Just me then?  Alrighty...

I wonder if Joy and her sister had some traumatic event in their lives that left them from feeling some emotions?  She seems nice and that she wants to fit in, but as she stated during her date with Brandon, she just doesn't feel things.  

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I wonder if Joy and her sister had some traumatic event in their lives that left them from feeling some emotions?  She seems nice and that she wants to fit in, but as she stated during her date with Brandon, she just doesn't feel things.  

I wondered the same thing.  She seemed to present that she had a happy, shiny childhood but somehow I don't think so.  

I fell asleep during the show, never a good sign, and when I woke up a farmer appeared to be crying.  But I didn't care enough to rewind and find out why, also not a good sign.

All these guys seems perfectly happy to have a harem in their houses.  Brooke sour-pussed her way right out.  Otherwise, I don't think he would have bothered to send her home either.  

And again I say, none of these women should be this desperate for a relationship.  They are all bright, lovely, articulate, accomplished women  Other than wanting a media spotlight, none of them should be putting up with this nonsense.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2024 at 5:38 PM, bunnyface said:

This show likes to brag about hoe many successful couples they've made over the years, but it had to have been done with:

1.  Much better people.

2.  Much less producer inference bullshit.

And these idiots are "surprised" the women are upset?  Makenzie I'm okay with; and so were those women it seems.  The rest of them should have run for the hills.  None of them are this hard up for a relationship.  Media attention maybe, but not a relationship.

Yep, all beautiful accomplished women wanting to be noticed for one reason or another.  They sit there all day waiting for a Farmer to come home.  Why belittle them selves?  This show has no substance and is boring.  I thought it cute in the beginning, but not now.  I think the only way to meet someone is thru introduction, at work, in college .. that’s it.Maybe dating apps, but I wouldn’t if I was single.  At 20 yrs old, I met my husband at a Company dance where it was a field day for singles.  His Cousin came to me and asked if I would like to meet his Cousin, my husband.  Hell yeah .. 🥰  Married forever.

• Like 4

No comments on tonight’s show, but the farmer falling for Joy.  Ugh.  She’s vacuous and he’s not thinking with the head on his shoulders. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I've come to the conclusion that this show is never going to end.  Next week, we will narrow it down to the TWO FINAL LADIES.  There still has to be a final lady after that...in October or whenever they drag this out to.

It appears they are all choosing THE WRONG ONE but hopefully that's misdirection.  

I think poor Sydney shot herself in the foot when she said she wanted to have time alone with whatshisname and "adventures" before she settled down and had kids.  No potential grandparents asking about grandkids want to hear that.  Whereas the other one said she wanted to pop out a kid tomorrow, which is a grandparent bingo card.  

ETA:  And Ashley (?) had to go back to work tomorrow or lose her job?  So she expected to come in and sew the guy up and make him lose all the other women in a week and uproot her whole life?  She was certainly ambitious.

Edited by bunnyface
more stupid thoughts
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Well, Ashley got her 15 minutes...did she really agree to participate knowing that she would lose her job if she exceeded her vacation days?  Or did she realize that Ty is a dud and just wanted out of there (especially as she didn't even try during the camel experience last week).

As for Joy, I think there has to be more to her story.  She has epilepsy so doesn't care when others are in pain?  I would think she would be more understanding and sympathetic towards others as she would understand how debilitating pain can be.  But, I really didn't like Emerson rolling her eyes while Joy was answering questions (about make up and malls) and then belittling her (oh, and Emerson?  When someone says 'no offense' it's because they know they are totally offending someone).  I think Gracie is the best bet for Brandon but he may choose Joy.

For someone who likes hunting, I was surprised that Sydney said deer meat instead of venison.  That made me go "hmmmm."  

I liked watching the family interactions.  But, I guess Ty doesn't send anyone home because they need two women for the next episode and he only has two women.  

• Like 5

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon....if you actually marry Joy there's a strong possibility that any kids you have will either be epileptic or have wicked migraines. Be prepared.

I don't think Ty is really looking for a wife, just a "friend with benefits". He should be looking local.

• Like 6

I don't think having or having had epilepsy should preclude you from having a life.  But I think there is something deeper there.  She said she AND her sister are both like that.  Are they both devoid of emotion from HER epilepsy?  I doubt it.

If he picks Joy, we'll hear Reba's hissy fit across the country.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Well, Ashley got her 15 minutes...did she really agree to participate knowing that she would lose her job if she exceeded her vacation days?  Or did she realize that Ty is a dud and just wanted out of there (especially as she didn't even try during the camel experience last week).

As for Joy, I think there has to be more to her story.  She has epilepsy so doesn't care when others are in pain?  I would think she would be more understanding and sympathetic towards others as she would understand how debilitating pain can be.  But, I really didn't like Emerson rolling her eyes while Joy was answering questions (about make up and malls) and then belittling her (oh, and Emerson?  When someone says 'no offense' it's because they know they are totally offending someone).  I think Gracie is the best bet for Brandon but he may choose Joy.

For someone who likes hunting, I was surprised that Sydney said deer meat instead of venison.  That made me go "hmmmm."  

I liked watching the family interactions.  But, I guess Ty doesn't send anyone home because they need two women for the next episode and he only has two women.  

Omg. Yes...Ashely...WTF!? Didn't like her from the start. Howcdid your job let you go initally!? I call BS. I think she wasn't fitting in and getting the attention she wanted...so bailed...but heck...what do I know!? Not much. Ha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I just started watching the show and I've only watched three episodes but I'm stuggling to figure out a couple of the farmers. 

Brandon, OK, he's a potato and barley farmer and that seems legit. 

Nathan, he's a citrus and cattle farmer, also seems legit. 

However, Ty is a team roper - what exactly does that mean?  Is he a competitive team roper so he travels around to roping competitions and is essentially a horse show professional (possibly with his daughter who looked like she runs barrels)?  Or, is he a cowboy for hire who actually travels to cattle ranches to rope calves in different seasons for various reasons?  In either case it seems like he isn't really a farmer and would probably travel a lot.  Where would his wife fit in?

Mitchell, exactly what is he?  He bought a big piece of property and what exactly does he do on it?  The scene where he unloads his "new horse" was cringey.  That poor little thing was lame behind and looked smaller than Ty's daughter's pony.  He was also hanging off its mouth terribly when he was circling it around with his feet practically dragging on the ground.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

I think I was just as shocked as Brandon that Joy wanted to leave.  I really thought she wanted to end up with him.  Oh well.  And, I will admit it, I was wrong about Reba-she did have Joy's number after all.

Was surprised, and saddened, that McKenzie also left due to her fahter's ongoing medical issue.  I wonder if Nathan will eliminate the others and try to get back with her after her father's condition stabilizes.  

I guess this episode was just full of surprises for me as I didn't think Mitchell was going to eliminate Kiana.  I liked her, but I haven't really cared for Mitchell the entire season, so I think it's better for her that she left.

And, I don't really think there's a sincere bone in Ty's bone (other than for his daughter and horses), so am not invested in his 'journey.'

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think I was just as shocked as Brandon that Joy wanted to leave.  I really thought she wanted to end up with him.  Oh well.  And, I will admit it, I was wrong about Reba-she did have Joy's number after all.

I've always thought Joy just wanted to be on tv. She's spent a lot of money to look that good and she wants the world to see it and appreciate it. And she's also NOT going to hide away on a farm! Has anyone from FWAW ever ended up on any of the other "dating" shows, like Perfect Match or Love Island?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Brandon has terrible taste in women. I guarantee he was getting ready to send Grace (the only normal one) packing in favor of the other two. Now he’s going to choose Emerson as his wife or however this show works, and something about her scares the crap out of me. 

• Like 6

I was wondering why none of the women even bothered asking the farmer about what her day to day life would be like.  Some of the farms are hours away from anything so if you are a professional like a nurse or a teacher or whatever and want to keep working how would that work, is the woman supposed to just give up her career?  I would want to know what my duties would be as a farmers wife, like I am driving a tractor, harvesting fruit or branding cattle, so many questions that these women are not asking.

So all these farmers have houses full of women and not one woman says anything about how they all have to share a bathroom, who is cleaning since the make up and hair have got to be everywhere, lol.

Not one woman is baking a pie or making a cake for any of the farmers...the way to a man's heart, etc...

I didn't think the families helped any of the farmers figure out who they should pick, it was just another level of confusion.

I have a cousin who is currently being vetted for a dating show, it is such a lengthy process I cannot imagine going thru all of that if you really are not in it to win it, most of these women seem like they just want to be on TV.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Just got to watch tonight and Brandon definitely said he planned on meeting Joy's family, so I wonder who he was going to cut loose?  I still think something happened in her childhood, with her family, that makes her this way.  She said she didn't want to "put him through" meeting her family.  

My picks are Grace, Meghan, Sydney and Taylor and I just know they are going to pick all wrong.  Out of the field of candidates, they "seem" the most well-adjusted to me.  So obviously I've retro jinxed them.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I’m glad Joy self-eliminated.  This wasn’t for her, and if she hadn’t brought anyone home to her family except one true love, well I get it. I’m a little surprised that she realized it, and that’s because I judged her. I think she has huge cultural expectations from her family, and this farmer wasn’t it. 

• Like 7
On 4/12/2024 at 9:47 PM, SHERMDOG said:

Omg. Yes...Ashely...WTF!? Didn't like her from the start. Howcdid your job let you go initally!? I call BS. I think she wasn't fitting in and getting the attention she wanted...so bailed...but heck...what do I know!? Not much. Ha

You know more than me.  I still don’t know their names, lol.  All I know is that they all don’t look the type to work the Farm.  Maybe one knows everything .  I still watch tho.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was wondering why none of the women even bothered asking the farmer about what her day to day life would be like.  Some of the farms are hours away from anything so if you are a professional like a nurse or a teacher or whatever and want to keep working how would that work, is the woman supposed to just give up her career?  I would want to know what my duties would be as a farmers wife, like I am driving a tractor, harvesting fruit or branding cattle, so many questions that these women are not asking.

So all these farmers have houses full of women and not one woman says anything about how they all have to share a bathroom, who is cleaning since the make up and hair have got to be everywhere, lol.

Not one woman is baking a pie or making a cake for any of the farmers...the way to a man's heart, etc...

I didn't think the families helped any of the farmers figure out who they should pick, it was just another level of confusion.

I have a cousin who is currently being vetted for a dating show, it is such a lengthy process I cannot imagine going thru all of that if you really are not in it to win it, most of these women seem like they just want to be on TV.

You are 1000 % right.  They show these girls sitting around all day drinking coffee.  So unrealistic.  Then they show some of them shoveling crap and mending fences.  I didn’t need to see the cows getting their ears tagged either.   These women seem accomplished .  Probably here for exposure.  Nothing else.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Mitchell - I think he will choose Kait because his mother likes her, but I think Sydney is a better fit for him and the farm, hunting life. And what was Kiana wearing on her final date with Mitchell?  That denim dress/skirt was cut up to her hoohaw and she kept trying to pull it over as not to expose herself. 

Brandon was blindsided by Joy choosing to go home.  I really think she would've been his unfortunate final pick.  I think he'll choose Emerson.  

Ty - I think will choose Megan.  She's said she's okay with being a bonus mom and might not wants her own kids. I really can't remember who else is left with him. 

Nathan - not sure who he will choose, but I see zero chemistry between him and Allye.  Definitely friend zone in spite of their final date. He did seem to really like Mackenzie so maybe he'll meet up with her after the show if his pick doesn't work out. 

Full disclosure here... I had to look up the names of most of the gals because I couldn't remember who they were either.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 1:41 PM, eclectcmoi said:

Brandon was blindsided by Joy choosing to go home.  I really think she would've been his unfortunate final pick. 

I'm sure she would have been his final pick. And I'll bet she was sure too, and that's why she noped out when sh*t was about to get real. She got to be on tv for almost all of the episodes, so mission accomplished.

ETA: I don't see any of these pairings working out any better than last season, and those were all failures.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 8
(edited)

Hey, they're here in Tucson! I think - I cannot get a good enough view of the mountains in the background -  that they're at the Westin La Paloma.

ETA: No, I think it's the Hacienda del Sol. 

Edited by mertensia
  • Like 1

I like Grace, I really do.  But I'm afraid he's going to discount her because she is so close with her family.  He said several times it's 4 hours to the airport.  I assume Albuquerque.  Denver would be over the mountains but ABQ is a fairly straight shot south.  Anyway, 4 hours to the airport and back is a full day away from work for him and I don't think he wants to, or can, do that a whole lot.  I grew up 8 hours away from extended family, so I can be done, obviously, but I don't think he wants to do that.  Which is a shame because she seems the most normal.  But being so close to her family seems to be a sticking point he keeps mentioning.  

It was interesting to see Melody on ice skates.  It would also be interesting to see her in a work environment, but as a traveling nurse, that's probably not possible.  But it was nice to see a different side of her.

Suddenly, with her family, Sydney seems a lot younger.  I like her but I think she needs some "adventures" still, which she stated to his parents.

We only got half the home visits this week.  So the other half next week.  Then another week for decisions?  And a another week for a reunion show?  Maybe something actually worked out if they have a reunion show to do, which they didn't do last year.  But mostly my point is, this is never going to end.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Why do they keep saying the farm might be too much for the girls if they married?  Didn’t they know that beforehand when they all tried out for the show?  Do the farmers want a wife, or a hand with all the chores?  What if they wanted to keep their regular jobs?  I’d like to know what exactly is expected of them.  They don’t say.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 4/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, bunnyface said:

I think poor Sydney shot herself in the foot when she said she wanted to have time alone with whatshisname and "adventures" before she settled down and had kids.  No potential grandparents asking about grandkids want to hear that.  Whereas the other one said she wanted to pop out a kid tomorrow, which is a grandparent bingo card.  

That is so funny, and true.  Is Granny going to come to the farm and take care of a kid?  Granny wants to play Canasta and go to lunch with friends.  Babysitting wears off, especially in isolation.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 3:01 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

From the looks of some, where’s the closet Starbucks, Sephora and hairdressers?  Fifty miles away?  This show does not seem realistic.  You are right.  What is expected of them?  Are they cooking now?  I didn’t see.  I just see them sitting drinking coffee.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

From the looks of some, where’s the closet Starbucks, Sephora and hairdressers?  Fifty miles away?  This show does not seem realistic.  You are right.  What is expected of them?  Are they cooking now?  I didn’t see.  I just see them sitting drinking coffee.

To be fair, we did see the ladies cooking dinner together a few times, so one could assume they did that regularly.  They did "help" with chores a few times for the camera.  We can only hope they actually helped off camera also and got an idea of the life.  Because yeah, they will be doing farm work.

The only two towns I can remember are Sikeston, MO, which is a fair sized town and Center, Colorado.  It has about 2,000 people.  I grew up in a town of about 2,000 and even back then we had some of them so-called beauty shops.  I hear they even have one of them there coffee shops now.  So amenities aren't that hard to come by these days.

• LOL 8

I just felt kind of sad after watching this episode.  I think Brandon and Nathan really do want to find a partner, but I don't get the sense that this will end positively for them.  Quite frankly, if someone truly wanted to find love (and in fact did so), raise a family, and enjoy life on a farm-there could be a happy ending.  But, I don't know if any of these women truly want that.  

Next week will just be more of the same and I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I still don't know everyone's names.

• Like 9

Not getting the impression that any of the 4 women shown in this first home visit episode are the chosen ones. Seemed like Mitchell could not look Sydney in the eyes, including when he first arrived. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
28 minutes ago, ms gilly said:

Not getting the impression that any of the 4 women shown in this first home visit episode are the chosen ones. Seemed like Mitchell could not look Sydney in the eyes, including when he first arrived. 

Though he did put his hand on her bare thigh—pretty racy for this show. So who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2

I think Grace and Allie are in the friend zone. Sydney is way too young to get married, but isn’t Kate just a year older? Either way, both of them could do better than Mitchell. I don’t think Ty likes either of his remaining women - he wanted Ashley. 

• Like 3

This is all Bullshit and cutesy.  Girls sitting around waiting for a Farmer.  Where are the farm hands?  Do they have any?  If they marry one of these girls, what is expected of them exactly?  Do they work he farm too, and cook and clean the house?  They don’t say anything pertaining to all that.   Or, did I miss something pertaining to what is expected of them?  It seems like the Farmer is King.  What about the girls?  I’m a city girl .. what do I know?  It looks like a lonely life to me.  What if they have a baby?  It’s enough to take care of a child and house.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, I don't feel like we really learned anything tonight.  But the fact that there is going to be a reunion show makes me think one of two things.  First, something really did work out for some of these people.  At least for now.  And I really do hope something did work out.  They all seem nice enough.  Or two, something went horribly, horribly wrong and they are milking the drama for all its worth.  But I'm ready to wrap this up at any rate 

• Like 5
  • Love 1