Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Misdeeds

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I think this is what he's guilty of.  But if he doesn't want to admit to any responsibility, let alone guilt, then he won't accept any plea agreement. 

I agree. Overcharging to pressure the person into a plea deal is a normal strategy but I can easily see this being a misstep by the prosecutor. Baldwin seems like enough of a narcissist to feel he is taking the principled stance and refuse to admit any guilt even if he would get only probation and to feel he could deal with any fallout from a trial. 

The said thing is that he is probably not wrong about his reputation. He’s already coped with a recording of him calling his underage daughter names, describing how he would like to murder some people and that horrible interview after the shooting. If he can survive all of that bad press he can probably weather a trial with minimal long term repercussions. 

4 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's a match made in hell! 😂

Yeah, but those six kids are having to grow up in a somewhat toasty spot with those two (and thanks to Mrs. Princessa Caraboo Baldwin's own tweets trashing at least one of their offspring- I'm not counting on things improving for them if their male DNA Donor spends a good part of their childhoods being. .. detained).

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Blergh said:

Yeah, but those six kids are having to grow up in a somewhat toasty spot with those two (and thanks to Mrs. Princessa Caraboo Baldwin's own tweets trashing at least one of their offspring- I'm not counting on things improving for them if their male DNA Donor spends a good part of their childhoods being. .. detained).

It's seven now! I feel terrible for their children and have been profoundly disturbed by how she scapegoats one of them on Instagram. It's creepy and disturbing. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's seven now! I feel terrible for their children and have been profoundly disturbed by how she scapegoats one of them on Instagram. It's creepy and disturbing. 

How does that beeyotch have a million followers? She doesn't DO anything. 🙄

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I wonder if the child born by the surrogate's actual bio mother might be considering if she may now be able to provide a better environment for said child despite evidently not being loaded as the Baldwins.

If so, considering how they've publicly displayed their instabilities and meanness, could she make a case to plead for custody?

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Blergh said:

I wonder if the child born by the surrogate's actual bio mother might be considering if she may now be able to provide a better environment for said child despite evidently not being loaded as the Baldwins.

If so, considering how they've publically displayed their instabilities and meanness, could she make a case to plead for custody?

I'd imagine part of the deal was renouncing parental rights. I also think it's pretty likely she's still biologically Alec and Hilaria's kid. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

ldwin also had the gun pointed at another human being when he pulled the trigger.  Anyone who has ever taken a gun safety course learns that the first rule of handling firearms is to never, ever point the barrel at another person, loaded or not.

I watched an episode of The Andy Griffith Show the other night where one of Opie’s friends was staring at Barney’s gun.  Barney told him that the first rule of handling a gun was that you never, ever point a gun at something unless you intend to shoot it.  That show was filmed in the early 1960’s.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

I watched an episode of The Andy Griffith Show the other night where one of Opie’s friends was staring at Barney’s gun.  Barney told him that the first rule of handling a gun was that you never, ever point a gun at something unless you intend to shoot it.  That show was filmed in the early 1960’s.  

"A gun's always loaded, even when it ain't." - From the film Wind River

5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How does that beeyotch have a million followers? She doesn't DO anything. 🙄

I thought Hilaria was an actress, but I guess she's one of about a billion influencers, and I.....have no idea what they do. If anything.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Which was followed by Barney almost shooting his own foot (again).

1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"A gun's always loaded, even when it ain't." - From the film Wind River

I thought Hilaria was an actress, but I guess she's one of about a billion influencers, and I.....have no idea what they do. If anything.

Her initial claim to fame was "Spanish" yoga teacher. And part of her shtick was to do yoga in public, like on planes, elevators, etc. I'd have to dig them up again but once upon a time I posted her most annoying ones somewhere on these boards. One of my favorites is the plane one because of everyone else's faces. 😂

image.png.2a66968d62424e96c9dca7ac74980ecb.png

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Zella said:

Her initial claim to fame was "Spanish" yoga teacher. And part of her shtick was to do yoga in public, like on planes, elevators, etc. I'd have to dig them up again but once upon a time I posted her most annoying ones somewhere on these boards. One of my favorites is the plane one because of everyone else's faces. 😂

image.png.2a66968d62424e96c9dca7ac74980ecb.png

I love the expression on the face of the woman in the white jacket: "Do you ever wash your nether regions?"

Edited by Leeds
Because it quoted 4 posts and not just the one I wanted
  • LOL 9
5 minutes ago, Leeds said:

I love the expression on the face of the woman in the white jacket: "Do you ever wash your nether regions?"

😂😂😂😂 everyone in attendance seems to be having their own private emotional journey.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
On 1/20/2023 at 6:04 PM, Lugal said:

I'm not a gun person, but as I understand it when they film with revolvers, because you can see the bullets, they use cartridges that the powder has been removed from.  Which is what happened with Brandon Lee, but they didn't realize the primer charge was still there and the trigger was pulled at some point which pushed the bullet into the chamber.  So when it was later loaded with blanks, it was in essence a live round. (Jon Eric Hexum was killed by screwing around with a gun loaded with blanks)

To bring it back to Baldwin, he was handed a gun and told it was a "cold gun" and he may not have been qualified to tell the difference.  So I'm divided, I don't think Baldwin as an actor should be charged, but as a producer on the film who knew there was unsafe conditions, he should face some charges (all the producers should, really).

But by comparison Jensen Ackles did check his weapon.  He visually inspected his weapon and shot it into the ground to make sure it wasn't live.  The live rounds they found on set (there were six) has a logo stamped on them so it sounded like they could be visually determined by checking the weapon (although I didn't see it specifically say the dummies had no logo or a different logo so that isn't conclusive).

Ackles also stated to the sheriff that he was counseling other actors to also check their weapons (no one reported that I could find if this conversation with Baldwin ever happened).

But if Ackles managed to pick up from prior acting gigs that he needs to practice gun safety (and I think he said somewhere that it was Supernatural that trained him on gun safety) , then Alec Baldwin must have been educated on gun safety on one of the like 150 productions he's been involved in.

If there were any indication Baldwin showed some concern over gun safey at any point then I think they wouldn't have charged him even if this had still happened.  But from what I can tell he never did one single thing to try to make the set safe or to make sure the gun he was handling was safe up to and including keeping his finger off the trigger. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
25 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

If there were any indication Baldwin showed some concern over gun safey at any point then I think they wouldn't have charged him even if this had still happened.  But from what I can tell he never did one single thing to try to make the set safe or to make sure the gun he was handling was safe up to and including keeping his finger off the trigger. 

My impression of Baldwin is that he doesn't have much concern for others. If they had trained him that checking the gun would prevent him from facing charges he might have been more careful. then again, he is married to a woman who clearly believes in the all publicity is good publicity so maybe not. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
52 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

But if Ackles managed to pick up from prior acting gigs that he needs to practice gun safety (and I think he said somewhere that it was Supernatural that trained him on gun safety) , then Alec Baldwin must have been educated on gun safety on one of the like 150 productions he's been involved in.

JA was on Supernatural for 15 years where he handled a gun for most of those days so it's not really fair to compare. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

But by comparison Jensen Ackles did check his weapon.  He visually inspected his weapon and shot it into the ground to make sure it wasn't live.  The live rounds they found on set (there were six) has a logo stamped on them so it sounded like they could be visually determined by checking the weapon (although I didn't see it specifically say the dummies had no logo or a different logo so that isn't conclusive).

This may sound good, but from what I'm reading if Ackles had accidently shot someone those very actions would have also gotten him in trouble. Ackles is not an armorer and once he started checking himself, the armorer should have taken back the weapon to check it again. Variety and Slate both pointed out what Baldwin did wrong was a) put his finger on the trigger, b) pointing gun in the direction of people and c) accepting the gun from the AD instead of the armorer. Neither stated Baldwin should have also checked the weapon himself. According to the Slate article, SAG has even said it's not an actor's job to do so. That's the armorer's job and why they're there.  

Also why isn't anybody asking what actions the director took? If live rounds were making it to the set and crew members walked out due to concerns, why didn't the director immediately try to find out what the hell was happening?  And when the director did, why didn't they fire and replace the armorer and prop department for not doing their jobs properly? 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Also why isn't anybody asking what actions the director took? If live rounds were making it to the set and crew members walked out due to concerns, why didn't the director immediately try to find out what the hell was happening?  And when the director did, why didn't they fire and replace the armorer and prop department for not doing their jobs properly? 

I think a lot of this boils down to the fact that it was a very cheap production where corners were being cut intentionally. There had been a lot of safety issues on set before this happened, and none of the powers that be seemed to care. There was actually a walkout by camera crew a few hours before Hutchins was killed in protest over the safety issues. Baldwin has had the audacity to suggest that they set up Hutchins' death as part of their protest. 

I personally don't have a problem with Baldwin or the armorer being charged, based on my understanding of what happened, but I think a lot of other people should have been held responsible too. The set seems like it was a real shitshow, and the armorer was hired after others turned down the job due to safety concerns. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I personally don't have a problem with Baldwin or the armorer being charged, based on my understanding of what happened,

I also have no problems with Baldwin (and armorer) being charged. I just found Ackles comments self-serving as, apparently, he didn't follow his union's guidelines. Plus, if he fired a weapon to "test it", doesn't this mean his finger was on a trigger too? 

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think a lot of this boils down to the fact that it was a very cheap production where corners were being cut intentionally. There had been a lot of safety issues on set before this happened, and none of the powers that be seemed to care

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I think a lot of other people should have been held responsible too. The set seems like it was a real shitshow,

100% in agreement with both these statements. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

As I understand it, the armorer got into the business because of her father, Thell Reed, who is very well-known within the industry for his work on a variety of movie sets. Rust was only her second job as head armorer, so she's young and maybe a little inexperienced, but someone was trying to give her a chance to get started. If there were corners being cut due to the movie being so low budget, they might have chosen her instead of her dad to save money, but it also might have made it difficult to fire her.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As I understand it, the armorer got into the business because of her father, Thell Reed, who is very well-known within the industry for his work on a variety of movie sets. Rust was only her second job as head armorer, so she's young and maybe a little inexperienced, but someone was trying to give her a chance to get started. If there were corners being cut due to the movie being so low budget, they might have chosen her instead of her dad to save money, but it also might have made it difficult to fire her.

I think they also chose her because they thought it would be easier to cut corners with her and her not push back since she was not an established professional in her own right. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I also have no problems with Baldwin (and armorer) being charged. I just found Ackles comments self-serving as, apparently, he didn't follow his union's guidelines. Plus, if he fired a weapon to "test it", doesn't this mean his finger was on a trigger too? 

100% in agreement with both these statements. 

Its not like he went out to the press with it as far as I'm aware of (I could be wrong as I'm not aware of everything he's said).  Everything I mentioned was excerpts from the sheriff report.  Is he supposed to lie to the authorities to not come off as self-serving?

Also he fired at the ground, not while it was pointed at people.  Just to be totally clear.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Its not like he went out to the press with it as far as I'm aware of (I could be wrong as I'm not aware of everything he's said).  Everything I mentioned was excerpts from the sheriff report.  Is he supposed to lie to the authorities to not come off as self-serving?

Also he fired at the ground, not while it was pointed at people.  Just to be totally clear.

Ackles could have simply told the sheriff the SAG guidelines Baldwin did break.  And the safety rules appear to be do not put your finger on the trigger, period. Not it's okay to put your finger on the trigger if pointing to the ground. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 3
On 1/21/2023 at 3:13 AM, andromeda331 said:

That's what I've always been taught. Check to make sure even if the person hands it to you says it's not load. People forget all the time if their are bullets in the gun or that there's one in the chamber. 

I have absolutely no experience with guns so I have no idea if my logic makes sense but, to me, the difference is area of expertise. Theoretically, during a career, an actor could be asked to handle many different types of guns, each requiring a different way to determine safety levels (some have a bullet in the chamber, some don't...). It's not the actors job to study that and remember the details (although some may pick up some knowledge over time). That's what the armorer is for. And the rules reflect this: the actor is supposed to only accept a gun from the armorer who knows more about the many weapons used and can (or should) be trusted to do the correct safety check.

I'm just thinking that if I were cast in a movie like Rust, I would have no idea how to check my gun for live bullets and be confident about my conclusions. And I wouldn't necessarily want to be responsible for that, even after training. My job would be to remember lines and marks and act.

• Like 16
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Also why isn't anybody asking what actions the director took?

Probably because he was also shot. 

7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Ackles could have simply told the sheriff the SAG guidelines Baldwin did break.  And the safety rules appear to be do not put your finger on the trigger, period. Not it's okay to put your finger on the trigger if pointing to the ground. 

I doubt the sheriff would be okay with Ackles just telling them what Baldwin did wrong. They need a complete picture of how gun safety was handled on the set. It’s likely how he handled gun safety also plays into the charges against the AD and the armorer. 

In related news, Hillary's fake Spanish accent has made a re-appearance while she was distracting reporters so Alec could escape them. 

In this emotional confrontation, Hilaria Baldwin, 39, added to the drama by sporting a green sweatshirt emblazoned with the word “Empathy” and by holding the youngest of her seven children, an infant daughter, in a front carrier. Even more curious: Hilaria Baldwin’s speech bore hints of the Spanish accent that was at the center of her 2020 Spanish heritage scandal, when she, born and raised in Boston to American parents, often used a Spanish accent in interviews and on social media posts, apparently to give her followers the impression that she was Alec Baldwin’s “Latina” wife....

But as Hilaria Baldwin turned to leave, a reporter, totally ignoring her statement, asked her to comment on the charges. The New York Post reported that Hilaria Baldwin’s impromptu press conference actually was a “decoy” operation that allowed Alec Baldwin to slip out a side door and into a van that had been idling in the street — thereby evading the media.

Hilaria Baldwin could be seen going back inside her apartment building and high-fiving the doorman with a massive grin on her face, the New York Post said. Baldwin also briefly seen again Friday morning, hiding his face with envelopes, as he ducked into a midtown Manhattan office building, Fox News reported. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, akg said:

I have absolutely no experience with guns so I have no idea if my logic makes sense but, to me, the difference is area of expertise. Theoretically, during a career, an actor could be asked to handle many different types of guns, each requiring a different way to determine safety levels (some have a bullet in the chamber, some don't...). It's not the actors job to study that and remember the details (although some may pick up some knowledge over time). That's what the armorer is for. And the rules reflect this: the actor is supposed to only accept a gun from the armorer who knows more about the many weapons used and can (or should) be trusted to do the correct safety check.

I'm just thinking that if I were cast in a movie like Rust, I would have no idea how to check my gun for live bullets and be confident about my conclusions. And I wouldn't necessarily want to be responsible for that, even after training. My job would be to remember lines and marks and act.

That's all you should have to do. Take the gun from someone and trust that they safely checked the gun before hand. But as it turned out the armorer wasn't doing her job properly and didn't know there was a real bullet in there. My family's huge into gun safety and drilled it into our heads to always check and be sure. Because the person could be wrong.  There's been so many accidental deaths because the person is wrong.  It's better to check and be sure rather then pull the trigger and be wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
On 1/21/2023 at 6:14 AM, Notabug said:

Baldwin also had the gun pointed at another human being when he pulled the trigger.  Anyone who has ever taken a gun safety course learns that the first rule of handling firearms is to never, ever point the barrel at another person, loaded or not.  They were rehearsing, he didn't need to point the gun at all, let alone at Hutchins. 

Yeah but Baldwin probably hasn't taken a gun safety course, and may have less than basic knowledge about how to appropriately handle a gun. And as a result treated the gun like any other prop.

On 1/22/2023 at 2:19 PM, Leeds said:

As someone from a country with a very, very low gun death rate, I find it hard to even wrap my head around the concept of needing an armoror on set.

Are armorers an American thing? Wouldn't they be needed on set in any country?

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Are armorers an American thing? 

There are not. 

38 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Wouldn't they be needed on set in any country?

Yes. They also don’t work with just guns. 

Having an armorer on set should have ensured this didn’t happen. They exist to make sure all weapons are used safely. The problem was that TPTB didn’t want to spend the money to get someone qualified and went with a nepotism hire. Then they expected her to handle the weapons and assist the prop master. 

A week before the shooting the armorer was reprimanded for leaving guns unattended and for “focusing far more on Armor and not supporting props”. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

There are not. 

Yes. They also don’t work with just guns. 

Having an armorer on set should have ensured this didn’t happen. They exist to make sure all weapons are used safely. The problem was that TPTB didn’t want to spend the money to get someone qualified and went with a nepotism hire. Then they expected her to handle the weapons and assist the prop master. 

A week before the shooting the armorer was reprimanded for leaving guns unattended and for “focusing far more on Armor and not supporting props”. 

I believe SAG and other actor's unions have a set of rules for the handling of weapons on movie sets or during other performances and any production using their members is supposed to follow them.

One of the big issues with using armorers on set seems to be that there is no specific training or certification required for someone to be hired as an armorer.  

As you said, the young woman working as armorer on Rust probably got the job because her father has worked at the job for years and because she was new to the profession and came cheap.  Other professional armorers turned down the job because they didn't feel the producers were taking safety seriously.

The young woman was also working 2 different jobs on set, one as armorer and another helping with props.  This is apparently permitted, but obviously not a good idea to have the person who is in charge of all the weapons on set to have to divide her time looking after props, too.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 1/23/2023 at 2:28 AM, andromeda331 said:

That's all you should have to do. Take the gun from someone and trust that they safely checked the gun before hand. But as it turned out the armorer wasn't doing her job properly and didn't know there was a real bullet in there. My family's huge into gun safety and drilled it into our heads to always check and be sure. Because the person could be wrong.  There's been so many accidental deaths because the person is wrong.  It's better to check and be sure rather then pull the trigger and be wrong. 

I imagine it will just come down to is it reasonable or not to expect an actor that is handed a gun to be able to check if it's safe or not (or even know the difference between a fake or real gun). I am not really sure so I'm glad I'm not a lawyer or jury member. Although it does seem like if Baldwin was told to drive a car in a movie and expecting him to check if the brakes are working or not.

In the end though it still blows my mind that Baldwin turned down doing the Mr. Mayor show with Tina Fey and did this movie instead. Sure Mr. Mayor got cancelled after two seasons but that doesn't seem that bad by comparison.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 1

Maybe from now on, movies should require that the actor, armorer, and the first AD, stand together while the armorer shows them that the weapon is unloaded (or has a dummy in it), then hand it to the actor at that moment.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Useful 3

Nobody seems to be explaining why there were live rounds on the set to begin with. What possible reason could there be for live ammunition to be brought to the set? And who brought them?

• Like 23
  • Applause 1
On 1/23/2023 at 2:28 AM, andromeda331 said:

But that's not the actor's job. Obviously it's been established that there were many things that went wrong on this set, with people not doing their jobs and procedures not being followed. But if the right procedures had been followed by everyone, if Alec had been handed a gun by the armorer and was told "cold gun", it's not his responsibility to double check it. Because he's been told by someone qualified and trained in their job, that the gun is safe to use. He as the actor then just has to worry about saying his lines and hitting his mark.

I worked on movie sets as an extra. Every department has different checks and jobs. For example, someone in the wardrobe department isn't going to fix your hair, they aren't allowed to. That's why the armorer working with props is an issue, they aren't supposed to jump around. A good friend of mine is a set decorator. She's responsible for putting a set together, but she has no say (for example) what the actor wears in the scene. That's wardrobe. As an extra, we had a PA that was responsible for us. Any questions we had we would go to that person. I'm not asking someone in hair or a cameraman what I'm supposed to do, they don't know and could get in trouble if they told me. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

But if the right procedures had been followed by everyone, if Alec had been handed a gun by the armorer and was told "cold gun", it's not his responsibility to double check it. Because he's been told by someone qualified and trained in their job, that the gun is safe to use. He as the actor then just has to worry about saying his lines and hitting his mark.

To be clear, he didn't take the gun from the armorer. He took it from AD David Halls. 

Interesting tidbit from this article:

Rocket Soul Studios confirmed that Halls was fired off the 2019 set of a movie called "Freedom's Path." One of the film's producers released this statement:

First of all, our condolences go out to everyone affected by the recent tragic event in New Mexico. I can confirm that Dave Halls was fired from the set of 'Freedom's Path' in 2019 after a crew member incurred a minor and temporary injury when a gun was unexpectedly discharged. Halls was removed from set immediately after the prop gun discharged. Production did not resume filming until Dave was off-site. An incident report was taken and filed at that time.

• Useful 8

I'm sure the prosecutors have looked into Baldwin's history of firearms training. A lot of people keep suggesting that he wouldn't know how to check the gun, but I have no idea what his background is with firearms. I'm guessing they do, though, and have evaluated his conduct with that in mind too. If he actually has training or experience to know how to tell live round from blank, I'm sure that's something we will eventually learn in the litigation. And how much of the safety problems on set he was supposed to be involved with as a producer as well.

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

I'm sure the prosecutors have looked into Baldwin's history of firearms training. A lot of people keep suggesting that he wouldn't know how to check the gun, but I have no idea what his background is with firearms. I'm guessing they do, though, and have evaluated his conduct with that in mind too. If he actually has training or experience to know how to tell live round from blank, I'm sure that's something we will eventually learn in the litigation. And how much of the safety problems on set he was supposed to be involved with as a producer as well.

And, I'll add, that if he doesn't have firearm training, then he shouldn't be checking a gun.  No one who is unfamiliar with gun safety should check a gun because if it's loaded, that's an accident waiting to happen.  My husband is a stickler for gun safety, so when he's showing his gun to someone who isn't a gun owner, he always checks it, then shows them that it's unloaded.

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

My husband is a stickler for gun safety, so when he's showing his gun to someone who isn't a gun owner, he always checks it, then shows them that it's unloaded.

My brother does the same thing. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I imagine it will just come down to is it reasonable or not to expect an actor that is handed a gun to be able to check if it's safe or not (or even know the difference between a fake or real gun).

Based on what I’ve read that won’t really be a factor. The main issue seems to be that he took the gun from someone he wasn’t supposed to take the gun from. There is supposed to be clear chain of custody for weapons that was broken. If Baldwin’s part of that was enough to make him culpable is the question. 

I look at the guns the same way I look at pyrotechnics and explosions. The experts should be the only one involved in setup. Someone with a little bit of knowledge can be more dangerous than someone with none. 

5 hours ago, GaT said:

Nobody seems to be explaining why there were live rounds on the set to begin with. What possible reason could there be for live ammunition to be brought to the set? And who brought them?

I’m sure that will be explained once the prosecutors present their case. There have been reports that the gun involved was used by members of the crew for target practice the morning of the shooting. 

55 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’m sure that will be explained once the prosecutors present their case. There have been reports that the gun involved was used by members of the crew for target practice the morning of the shooting. 

WTF

• Like 8
On 1/24/2023 at 3:30 PM, GaT said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Not only should there not be any live rounds on movie/tv sets, but also they should only use guns that have never ever had any live rounds in them.

Also, with all the technology available, can they just make good movie props guns? There should be no need for the real thing.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
On 1/24/2023 at 8:56 PM, Dani said:

Based on what I’ve read that won’t really be a factor. The main issue seems to be that he took the gun from someone he wasn’t supposed to take the gun from. There is supposed to be clear chain of custody for weapons that was broken. If Baldwin’s part of that was enough to make him culpable is the question. 

I look at the guns the same way I look at pyrotechnics and explosions. The experts should be the only one involved in setup. Someone with a little bit of knowledge can be more dangerous than someone with none. 

yeah if its a prop gun, it should not be used for target practice.  If you use it for target practice, it doesn't get used as a prop.   This is kinda basic common sense.  We can argue about Baldwin's culpability but the armorer has a LOT of explaining to do.   And she can't say "well I was expected to do props AND keep track of weapons."   I am thinking keeping track of weapons and keeping LIVE rounds far away from the weapons used on set would be strict liability (meaning no excuses, something goes wrong its your fault -- like with pyrotechnics.  Doesn't matter if the fireworks are stolen, liability for not keeping them secured.)

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

yeah if its a prop gun, it should not be used for target practice.  If you use it for target practice, it doesn't get used as a prop.   This is kinda basic common sense.  We can argue about Baldwin's culpability but the armorer has a LOT of explaining to do.   And she can't say "well I was expected to do props AND keep track of weapons."   I am thinking keeping track of weapons and keeping LIVE rounds far away from the weapons used on set would be strict liability (meaning no excuses, something goes wrong its your fault -- like with pyrotechnics.  Doesn't matter if the fireworks are stolen, liability for not keeping them secured.)

Yeah. I can’t imagine her having a viable defense with everything that has come out so far. So far she is pointing the blame at anyone and everyone she can. She has gone as far as saying she was framed and is suing the company who supplied the blanks.