Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

I had never heard of Ryuichi Sakamoto until a couple of years ago, when I watched the movie 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence' for the first time. I found the theme to that movie very compelling. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Rupert Murdoch and Ann Lesley Smith Call Off Their Engagement

Those May/December romances are chancy at best.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if his kids (who run his empire now - or at least FNC) told him to call it off.  They do NOT like to share.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Animator Leo D. Sullivan the co-founder of the first Black owned animation studio who created the Soul Train opening and worked on such television shows as Fat Albert, The Incredible Hulk, My Little Pony, and Flash Gordon has died, age 82. 

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/rip/leo-d-sullivan-pioneering-black-animator-rip-227427.html

https://deadline.com/2023/04/leo-d-sullivan-dies-emmy-winning-animation-artist-created-soul-train-opening-82-obituary-1235319177/

https://variety.com/2023/tv/people-news/leo-d-sullivan-dead-flash-gordon-1235575175/

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-03-30/leo-d-sullivan-death-animator

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Sad 9

Is the family in denial? Don't we all know someone who seemed perfectly healthy who dropped dead? My friend's husband was an athlete and gym owner and dropped dead while jogging back in 2018.

"I have represented Lance Reddick for many years and continue to represent his wife Stephanie. The coroner statement on the death certificate is not a result of an autopsy. No autopsy was performed on Lance. To my knowledge, no medical examination of Lance during his lifetime ever indicated such conditions," read the statement.

"Lance was the most physically fit person I've ever known," Hornstein continued. "He exercised daily at his home gym, including extensive cardio work, and the availability of gym facilities was a contractual requirement for his work away from home. He ate as if a dietician was monitoring his every meal. The information appearing on the death certificate is wholly inconsistent with his lifestyle."

The statement concluded, "On behalf of Stephanie Reddick, the death certificate information is not corroborated and is inconsistent with the facts known to the family."

• Mind Blown 7
32 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Is the family in denial? Don't we all know someone who seemed perfectly healthy who dropped dead? My friend's husband was an athlete and gym owner and dropped dead while jogging back in 2018.

"I have represented Lance Reddick for many years and continue to represent his wife Stephanie. The coroner statement on the death certificate is not a result of an autopsy. No autopsy was performed on Lance. To my knowledge, no medical examination of Lance during his lifetime ever indicated such conditions," read the statement.

"Lance was the most physically fit person I've ever known," Hornstein continued. "He exercised daily at his home gym, including extensive cardio work, and the availability of gym facilities was a contractual requirement for his work away from home. He ate as if a dietician was monitoring his every meal. The information appearing on the death certificate is wholly inconsistent with his lifestyle."

The statement concluded, "On behalf of Stephanie Reddick, the death certificate information is not corroborated and is inconsistent with the facts known to the family."

It’s a felony to falsify a death certificate, so I have no idea what motivation they think the coroner would have to do so. Just nonsensical.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
55 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Don't we all know someone who seemed perfectly healthy who dropped dead? My friend's husband was an athlete and gym owner and dropped dead while jogging back in 2018.

I've known two. One who dropped dead while jogging and the other died in his sleep.  Both were in their 40s.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

It’s a felony to falsify a death certificate, so I have no idea what motivation they think the coroner would have to do so. Just nonsensical.

They may have a point if the coroner didn't do an autopsy as they claim.  It seems unlikely to me that he/she didn't, though.  No decent coroner would sign off on a death from natural causes in a young guy leading a healthy lifestyle without having actually examined his heart and seeing the atherosclerosis.

Anyone who dies outside of a hospital or within 24 hours of admission to the hospital is a 'coroner's case' meaning that the cause of death needs to be legally determined.  The only exception is for people who are known to have a terminal illness and are under a doctor's care.  Then, the coroner calls the doctor and asks if he or she is willing to verify the terminal illness and sign the death certificate. If so, nothing more needs to happen.

This guy was thought to be pretty healthy and died suddenly at home, in his sleep, if I recall correctly.  No way the coroner doesn't do a full fledged autopsy looking for a stroke or heart attack etc and, if the cause is not immediately obvious, sent tissue samples out for further evaluation including for the presence of drugs or toxic substances.  The results on that can take months to finalize.

Also,  the family can request the coroner to perform an autopsy even if he/she doesn't think it is needed.  They can even bring in their own pathologist to do one.  If the family doesn't believe the coroner's findings, then they should've asked someone else to do another one. And held off any plans for cremation until then.  Sounds like maybe there is some sort of family turmoil there.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 11
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I've known two. One who dropped dead while jogging and the other died in his sleep.  Both were in their 40s.

My brother collapsed at work and was life flighted but later died. He was 59 and they didn’t know the cause of death so an autopsy was automatic It was in Utah so maybe different states have different rules?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 12

As posted in the Music forum by a family member, Vivian Trimble, best known as part of the '90s group Luscious Jackson, died Tuesday at 59, due to a sudden complication after several years of cancer treatment.

Luscious Jackson's biggest hit was "Naked Eye", but I'd become familiar with them years earlier due to hearing and falling in love with "Daughters of the Kaos" off their debut EP.  Trimble also later recorded with a member of The Breeders as Dusty Trails, with Emmylou Harris providing guest vocals on one of their songs, "Order Coffee". 

• Sad 6
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

As posted in the Music forum by a family member, Vivian Trimble, best known as part of the '90s group Luscious Jackson, died Tuesday at 59, due to a sudden complication after several years of cancer treatment.

Luscious Jackson's biggest hit was "Naked Eye", but I'd become familiar with them years earlier due to hearing and falling in love with "Daughters of the Kaos" off their debut EP.  Trimble also later recorded with a member of The Breeders as Dusty Trails, with Emmylou Harris providing guest vocals on one of their songs, "Order Coffee". 

I loved them! Far too young. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

I loved Lucinda and by extension Elizabeth Hubbard.  She was fabulous actress and made Lucinda a fabulous character. She could have been an unlikable villain but with her portraying Lucinda she turned her into a multi-faceted woman who made you root for in spite of her misdeeds. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Actor Elizabeth Hubbard who played Lucinda Walsh on As The World Turns and Dr. Althea Davis on The Doctors has died, age 89.

I didn't recognize the name but my mother was a huge fan of The Doctors and never missed an episode if she could help it.  Looking at her pictures I definitely recognized Dr Althea!  

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I loved Lucinda and by extension Elizabeth Hubbard.  She was fabulous actress and made Lucinda a fabulous character. She could have been an unlikable villain but with her portraying Lucinda she turned her into a multi-faceted woman who made you root for in spite of her misdeeds

Lily greatly annoyed me. I rooted for Lucinda. 😄

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, MissAlmond said:

Oh God yes.  Her and Nola both wringing their hands over Lily. Just let the girl go off and do her thing and you two can get on with  your lives.

I loved that Lucinda was an older woman but she was allowed to still have a romantic life.  I loved her and John Dixon together.  Actually I loved her with everyone. She was one of those actors who had chemistry with everyone.

• Like 8
53 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Same! 

I watched ATWT a fair bit over the summers back in the '80s, and Lucinda was fabulous thanks ten percent to the writers and 90 percent to Elizabeth Hubbard.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Remember the bathtub scene? They had good chemistry.

Classic scene. I had long stopped watching ATWT by 2010 but returned for the final episodes. Glad the show had enough sense to pair them again for the end. 

1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Oh God yes.  Her and Nola both wringing their hands over Lily.

There was a period of time on ATWT when the town of Oakdale seemed to replace the 4th of July as a holiday with Celebrating Lily's Birthday. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, dalek said:

Mad Magazine cartoonist Al Jaffee has died at 102.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/al-jaffe-dead-mad-magazine-1235370593/

I loved Mad Magazine as a kid.

Me too! I guess he was the last one of "the usual gang of idiots" whose artwork for Mad I grew up with in the 60's. I always enjoyed his Fold-Ins on the inside back cover and his "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions." It was great that he lived to be 102, though.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Crime author Anne Perry died. She's also the teen murderess who Kate Winslet depicted in Heavenly Creatures

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/apr/12/anne-perry-killer-turned-writer-dies-84

I never knew what to make of Perry. I don't think she was necessarily a threat to society, but her interview with Ian Rankin when she nonchalantly talks about the murder she committed is one of the most terrifying things I've ever watched. Rankin himself looks like he wants to jump out of the car they're in and flee. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
23 hours ago, Zella said:

Crime author Anne Perry died. She's also the teen murderess who Kate Winslet depicted in Heavenly Creatures

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/apr/12/anne-perry-killer-turned-writer-dies-84

I never knew what to make of Perry. I don't think she was necessarily a threat to society, but her interview with Ian Rankin when she nonchalantly talks about the murder she committed is one of the most terrifying things I've ever watched. Rankin himself looks like he wants to jump out of the car they're in and flee. 

What stunned me the most was when Perry said about the murder "it's like it happened to someone else".    It did, it happened to the woman that she and the daughter beat to death.      

The murder was portrayed in the movie "Heavenly Creatures". 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
16 hours ago, Zella said:

I was as interested as anyone else was when this news broke but I also thought it was wrong to make this information public in the first place.  I've always thought that court records for minors should stay confidential.  

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I was as interested as anyone else was when this news broke but I also thought it was wrong to make this information public in the first place.  I've always thought that court records for minors should stay confidential.  

That's not actually how she was outed. It was common knowledge in some circles in New Zealand who she was (particularly among the girls they went to school with), and when the film was getting ready to be released, someone told a reporter. The reporter did some research, namely in Perry's cryptic parent notes in a reference work on authors, then called and asked Perry's agent for confirmation since there wasn't a concrete way to prove it otherwise, which she denied and laughed at. Perry then had to tell her agent it was true and they needed to get ahead of the story. Peter Jackson has always said he never wanted their identities revealed.

In any event, I've read a couple of different books that talk about how Perry was outed, and they never mention court records playing a role. It was people in the community continuing to talk about it and remembering, partially because of the brutality of the crime and partially because of the notoriety. It was heavily covered in the NZ press at the time. People were much more respectful of the other girl's privacy (it took many more years for her identity to be revealed), and the gist I got is some thought it was really unseemly that Perry went on to write murder mysteries after she'd in fact murdered someone and that she should own what she'd done if she was going to be a public figure. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Useful 11

No more Pitt or Monk books.   The Monk books were about to collide with the time the Pitt books started, I wanted to see what happened.   The Pitt books were being carried on with Pitt's son who was now a lawyer.  And heading towards WWI.   

I liked her books.   I will miss having them to look forward to.

• Like 3

Tim Curry is trending on Twitter. When I saw that I prepared for what I thought would be bad news upon clicking on his name. Instead it's people wishing him a happy birthday...🎂

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 12
  • Love 8