Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Lance Reddick was so good in his role in John Wick that, even though it was a small role, I can't imagine not seeing him in whatever John Wick movies come next. 

Even John Wick's dog loved Lance. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Bruce Willis celebrated his 68 birthday today and his wife posted a video of the family singing to him with candles lit on a cake.  I found it so touching.  I can’t recall having something like that bring tears to my eyes.  It’s a terrible condition, but he seems to have an incredible support system.  

https://people.com/movies/demi-moore-posts-video-of-family-singing-happy-birthday-to-bruce-willis/

Watch the response at the end of the video.  

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Bruce Willis celebrated his 68 birthday today and his wife posted a video of the family singing to him with candles lit on a cake.  I found it so touching.  I can’t recall having something like that bring tears to my eyes.  It’s a terrible condition, but he seems to have an incredible support system.  

https://people.com/movies/demi-moore-posts-video-of-family-singing-happy-birthday-to-bruce-willis/

I really hope he had a "good day" health-wise and he and his family were able to enjoy their time with together.

• Like 18
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Awwww.

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

It’s a good sign that she was lucid enough to realize she was having an episode and asked for help. Still, it’s an awful setback. I thought she was doing better but it’s an ongoing struggle.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4
22 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I really hope he had a "good day" health-wise and he and his family were able to enjoy their time with together.

Same here but I couldn't help but be especially moved by the family singing 'Happy Birthday' in a much slower tempo than usual. Could they have sung it so slow because they might have been worried that Mr. Willis would otherwise have been unable to follow the verses and the fact that they were sung in his honor? Regardless, the important thing is that he was physically healthy and evidently enjoyed the get together!

• Like 7
On 3/17/2023 at 8:36 PM, willco said:

60 is not that old in this day and age, I wonder what they will say is the cause ?

The People article quoted his reps as saying "natural causes". 

I only knew him from Bosch but thought he was fabulous in the role! 😥

• Like 3
On 3/21/2023 at 11:27 AM, AheadofStraight said:

The People article quoted his reps as saying "natural causes". 

I only knew him from Bosch but thought he was fabulous in the role! 😥

It's obviously none of my beeswax, but natural causes at 60? That's naturally going to raise some questions.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Is that considered "natural causes"? I honestly don't know how they categorize these things.

The simplest way to look at it is that natural causes is an internal cause of death, i.e. heart attack, stroke, cancer as opposed to something external like a fall, trauma, death by blunt instrument! type of thing.  It's also sometimes used to explain a death where there are multiple factors at work - for instance someone may have cancer but the direct cause of death was pneumonia.  

Mostly the death certificate will go into more detail later but the family may prefer this information not be released for whatever reasons of their own.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Is that considered "natural causes"?

Yes; there was no external cause - accident, homicide, suicide, overdose, etc. - it was something internal, therefore a natural cause.

Edited by Bastet
Oops, several of us answered around the same time, but I'll go ahead and leave my repetition
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Director Peter Werner who won an Oscar for the 1976 short film In the Region of Ice and directed episodes of such TV shows as MoonlightingA Different WorldJustified and Law & Order: SVU has died, age 76.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/peter-werner-dead-oscar-winner-moonlighting-1235358081/

https://deadline.com/2023/03/peter-werner-dead-television-director-oscar-winner-1235306435/

https://www.thewrap.com/peter-werner-oscar-winning-tv-director-dies-at-76/

• Sad 3

Werner directed during the first two seasons of Moonlighting, which is when it was the most interesting thing on television.  He's the one who directed the classic black & white episode, "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice".  He did a commentary track on it for the DVD release (and another for "Twas the Episode Before Christmas").  He has a long list of credits, but for me his name is synonymous with Moonlighting (it's the first series for which he directed numerous episodes, and I was a HUGE fan of the show, so that's when he became a household name to me).

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yes; there was no external cause - accident, homicide, suicide, overdose, etc. - it was something internal, therefore a natural cause.

That's a great way to look at it. Thanks! Much appreciate all who chimed in. 

12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love that everyone in that town's last name is Johnson

Andromeda331 Johnson is right!  MissAlmond Johnson.

R.I.P. Mr. Steinberg.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Nicholas Webber dies at 43

Perhaps best known as the son of Andrew Lloyd Webber but he was a composer and musician in his own right.  43 is just way too young 😔

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65078024

The news followed a video posted by Lord Lloyd-Webber on Instagram on Thursday, . . . 

"I'm going to go and see Nick in a minute, and I'm going to pass on all of the fantastic wishes that I've had for him all the way from everywhere all around the world."

💔

• Sad 8
18 hours ago, ABay said:

"You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons."

17 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

My favorite movie quote ever.

Ironically, since we're talking about the death of the screenwriter; that line, or at least the last part of it, was an ad-lib by Gene Wilder.  Cleavon Little's reaction was genuine because he knew Wilder was off-script, but was also excited because he (rightly) suspected what was coming would be hilarious.

• Like 4
  • Useful 13

I remember when Gene Wilder died so many people posted his last lines of the movie. "Where are you going Cowboy?"

"Nowhere special."

"Nowhere special. I always wanted to go there." I always think of that when I watch that scene.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

TV star Paul O'Grady dies aged 67

TV presenter and comedian Paul O'Grady has died at the age of 67, his partner Andre Portasio says.

He died "unexpectedly but peacefully" on Tuesday evening.

O'Grady rose to fame in the 1990s with his iconic scouse drag queen persona Lily Savage, going on to present game show Blankety Blank and other light entertainment programmes.

Oh wow.  This is a shock.  RIP Paul.

• Sad 7
3 hours ago, dalek said:

Sad about Mark Russell. As a kid I loved watching his shows on PBS with my parents. They were big fans.

Same!  His jabs at politics while playing the piano were always hilarious!  He was even spoofed on The SImpsons!

• Like 7
8 hours ago, magicdog said:

Same!  His jabs at politics while playing the piano were always hilarious!  He was even spoofed on The SImpsons!

Third.  I grew up watching him because my parents never missed one of his specials.  I always loved that flag draped piano!

• Like 7
59 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Third.  I grew up watching him because my parents never missed one of his specials.  I always loved that flag draped piano!

I would watch him with my parents too. It was a miracle they both enjoyed his specials! 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Popples said:

It's incredibly sad that every single one of the members of LFO has gone way too young. I was just listening to "I Don't Wanna Kiss You Goodnight"  in the car less than an hour ago.

RIP

Brad is still alive. He is the one who commented on the death of this bandmate. The guy who died was an original band mate who left before they became famous. I feel sorry for the last one left standing. It has to feel creepy as hell.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/former-lfo-singer-brian-brizz-gillis-dead-bandmate-confirms/

• Sad 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)
On 3/31/2023 at 9:46 PM, AgentRXS said:

Brad is still alive. He is the one who commented on the death of this bandmate. The guy who died was an original band mate who left before they became famous. I feel sorry for the last one left standing. It has to feel creepy as hell.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/former-lfo-singer-brian-brizz-gillis-dead-bandmate-confirms/

This. If I was him I might would consider doing some type of ritual to ward off an early demise. It’s so unusual to hear about a band/group losing nearly all of its members at such young ages and it not be due to substance abuse. Devin and Rich dying from illness and this latest member dying. Very creepy and a little scary. 

Edited by Enero
  • Sad 7