Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: For Services Rendered

Yeah, I really liked her in her very short amount of time on the show. She's got common sense, at least.

Right? It's such a rare trait on this show considering the horde of idiots populating it. And I don't know who the new guys are but I cheered when their leader killed Neeva's daughter, partly because it shows they aren't going to let that shit get past them and partly because I hate her for not listening the Neeva in the first place. I hope Kent's wife dies, too.

Pre Nazi Vampire Eichorst and young Abe have great chemistry in the flashback scenes. I was actually caught off guard by how human Eichorst seemed, you know, for a Nazi butcher. And for a second I thought it was going to get rapey when Eichorst unzipped his pants in front of Abe's face. Thankfully, it was just Eichorst being a rude, loathsome troll.

• Love 4

Color me surprised that the strain turned Joan into Albert Einstein's doppelgänger.

Jim and the missus certainly seemed like they were a fun couple......

And vigilante vampire killing vampires in hoodies? Sure, why not.

This episode was full of stupid people, not that this is unusual on this show.

That cab driver had to be the stupidest person on Earth. His customer jumps back in the cab and is screaming for him to go and instead he sits there screaming, asking his customer what's going on. Obviously it's something pretty bad if his customer went from being calm to hysterics within seconds. Then once he sees what's going on, instead of getting the hell out of dodge, he jumps out of the cab and starts trying to shoot the monsters that are trying to kill them. Stoopid.

Samwise's wife, I can understand her not having much use for Ephraim, he did turn his back on her husband. But when her husband, who works for the CDC, tells her that he saw the epidemic that's sweeping NYC and she brushes it off as BS. Stoopid.

I knew the nannie's plan was going to fall apart. I'm just wondering how the heck they ended up trapped in the house. Couldn't they have just gone out the way the came in? Good they were saved, but who the hell is this new group? They look like vampires themselves, but they are killing their fellow vampires. Very interesting.

Interesting detail, Abraham made the Master's coffin.

I heart Gus. I feel bad for him though. I fear he's going to have put down his friend.

• Love 2

I know that they film in Toronto filling in as New York, but could they at least cover up the VIA rail signs at the train station.  That just seems lazy in these days when they can clean up pretty much any oversight in post-production.

Right? It's such a rare trait on this show considering the horde of idiots populating it. And I don't know who the new guys are but I cheered when their leader killed Neeva's daughter, partly because it shows they aren't going to let that shit get past them and partly because I hate her for not listening the Neeva in the first place. I hope Kent's wife dies, too.

When I first saw that hood, I though it was a crossover with 'Arrow', but the lead hunter had way more personality that Robbie Amiel does. </snark>

Are they a kill squad ?  Who activated them ? Where did they come from ?

Aaron Douglas (BSG's Chief Tyrol) makes an appearance as lawyer lady's husband -- and promptly becomes fodder for the zompires,  Who else was that in the lawyer lady's house -- a Fedex guy ?

That cab driver had to be the stupidest person on Earth. His customer jumps back in the cab and is screaming for him to go and instead he sits there screaming, asking his customer what's going on. Obviously it's something pretty bad if his customer went from being calm to hysterics within seconds. Then once he sees what's going on, instead of getting the hell out of dodge, he jumps out of the cab and starts trying to shoot the monsters that are trying to kill them. Stoopid.

Seriously, even if it were just muggers or crazy people surrounding the cab, why stick around and engage in a gun battle instead of just driving away? It wasn't the cabbie's damn house!

Maybe there are vampires that get their intellect back after a time like Eichorstand are working against the Master? Or maybe they work for the Master's competitors?

• Love 3

I like that we had less of Eph and phamily this episode. The rogue vambies made the episode. Loved the way they still growled, as if holding it together was just temporary and the were going to lose it any second. 

Good to see Neeva again but I hate she lost her daughter. 

Eichorst and and prisoner 24601 were great together. Perhaps the can compromise on a new world order. 

• Love 1

Why Neeva, did you go back?

Don't trust the Vombie Kill Squad, think they're harvesting humans.

I definitely won't trust them until I see whether they actually let Neeva and the kids go now.

Glad Jim's wife is on her way out if town and Eichorst won't have her to dangle over Jim anymore, I think.

Enough of Gus to show that he gets what's going on and that Felix is not long for human form.

It seems the Vampilantes, if I can call the creepy kill squad that, are bent on stopping the spread of the strain. Neeva's daughter had been bitten on the hand, so she wasn't going to be allowed to survive. And like steelyis, I wasn't too sad to see her buy it, she was totally obnoxious. Show your Mama some respect!

I'm looking forward to finding out more about this Vampilante group. At first I thought their leader was Bolivar, but seeing him closer, I guess not.

I really enjoyed the backstory of having Abe craft the Master's coffin, very clever! The interplay between him and Nazi Eichorst was very well written and played. He's like a poor man's Cristoph Waltz, but not too far behind.

I thought the whole "ambush" at Union Station was very poorly handled. If the plan was to let Eichorst leave and follow him, well, Team Decapitate needs to work on both their stealth and their walking skills. Plus they almost got Abe (and Jim) bitten.

But it was a hoot seeing the Bay subway station in Toronto festooned with MTA signage and voice over announcements ("Yadda yadda 42nd Street yadda yadda.").

Edited by beedub

Whoa!  I certainly wasn't expecting a vampire hit squad, made out of vampires.  At least, they looked like vampires.  So, are they vampires like Eichorst, but, for whatever reason, going against Stonehart?  I really, really hope we see more of them this season.

Yeah, the taxi driver deserved that death, honestly.  What a complete moron.  I did feel bad for the maid losing her daughter, even though the the daughter was the one who pushed them into going back to the house.

So, Jim has now pledge his loyalty to Team Abraham, but judging from this episode, they have a lot of work ahead of them.  Not exactly a functioning team at the moment.  Eichorst easily played them, and almost finished Abraham.  They might need to go back to the drawling board.  But, I'm glad Jim has joined the team.  Still waiting for them to find a way to get Gus and especially Vasily in there.

I figured the flashbacks was going to end with Young Abraham building the Master's coffin, but I still enjoyed them.  The Abraham/Eichorst relationship is really something.

Yay, to no family drama!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

Okay, this is getting silly.

I'm only half way through this episode, but the shortcuts these writers are taking are just too much. The guy's cell phone rings, he has a conversation, he hangs up, and poof! No more cell service.

Silver is more effective than a gun? Okay. How about silver bullets?

Now the subway scene. Satrakian doesn't act like someone who survived the Nazis, nor a plague of vampires. His ambush was amateur hour.

And now we've got the Vampire Squad?

• Love 2

I don't recall them saying so, but I hope that train station meet up was just meant as recon and they didn't actually expect to be able to follow Eichorst back to the Maste's lair and finish him off lickety split.

If they did expect that, then they really need a reality check. I'm guessing Fet will be good for those when he inevitably joins the team.

Characters in this show make the worst choices. It defies suspension of disbelief. 

Hobbit guy (Jim) wants to leave town with his wife. But she doesn't want to go to the airport early and questions why he would leave the city during an outbreak. Five minutes later, Jim wants to stay and his wife wants to go immediately to the airport. C'mon people, at least stay consistent for 30 minutes or more... 

The police arrest Gus and ignore the bloody creature with a tentacle tongue who should be laying about two feet away? Sure. I guess giving Gus a naked cavity search was more interesting than getting murdering monsters off the streets.. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 5

Characters in this show make the worst choices. It defies suspension of disbelief. 

Hobbit guy (Jim) wants to leave town with his wife. But she doesn't want to go to the airport early and questions why he would leave the city during an outbreak. Five minutes later, Jim wants to stay and his wife wants to go immediately to the airport. C'mon people, at least stay consistent for 30 minutes or more... 

The police arrest Gus and ignore the bloody creature with a tentacle tongue who should be laying about two feet away? Sure. I guess giving Gus a naked cavity search was more interesting than getting murdering monsters off the streets.. 

Yeah, that was some pretty poor police work if the arresting officers never looked at the corpse and noticed his not-exactly-human-anymoreness. Or if they did and didn't mention it to the guys back at the station. [Naked Gus was a lot more visually appealing than tentacled medical-examiner corpse.]

I'm very curious to see more of the vampires-with-souls-&-hoodies and what their endgame is.

Probably seen about the last of Neeva. She'll need to hustle the kids somewhere safe. Unless she can meet up with Abe and she and the kids can become part of the ragtag support team.

Edited by lulee

I love this show!

Neeva needs to be a main character just for the fact she is the ONLY one with any sense........on a consistent basis.  She should have not gone back.  And as for her daughter, who in their right mind would have grabbed on to a 6 foot tongue lashing out at them?  She cut herself on it and so it was bye bye to dumb daughter.  Hey those hooded Ninja Vamps don't mess around do they?

Love the flashbacks and I knew immediately when Abraham assigned Echorst to his special project that it was the Master's coffin.  Nice touch.

And yes all this blatant ignoring by cops/authority of dead unhuman bodies is getting totally ridiculous.  Really people?

• Love 2

I love the show too .   

A couple of nits though 

- I agree, cabbies a moron, he needed to die

- waste of chief Tyrol, wonder if he will be back. 

-  Epf is an idiot too.   He shot Nazi Vamp in the leg, why did he stop shooting?   He could have gotten him more that once.  

I'm really confused as to why some vamps are rabid while some become higher functioning.  

I'm really looking forward to day vamp vigilantes. 

• Love 2

Not Teri Bauer was really getting into her new incarnation as a vamp, playing it up to the hilt. Loved the stance, the hands, the  tilt-face-down-and-look-up-in-an-evil-way, the whole package. The Medusa Dome she was sporting just put it over the top!

So I'm guessing that the Vampilantes showed up at her house because she was a highly visible survivor of the plague flight, having been on TV, but I wonder if they also might have gotten hold of the flight manifest and will be visiting some of the same passengers as Team Decapitate? That is, assuming Eph hasn't put an end to Abe's one-vamp-at-a-time approach. Mind you, after Team's attempt to proceed directly to a Master-hunt failed spectacularly, they might return to that strategy.

The Vampilantes' leader looks like a cross between Nosferatu and Eric Draven from The Crow. With a little bit of Matthias from The Omega Man thrown in. (For the kids, that was the previous version of Will Smith's I Am Legend. The awesome Charlton Heston one.)

• Love 2

Am I really out of line, or are female characters rather poorly treated in this series?  The only women I recall not going on crying jags or being otherwise useless have been:

Lawyer Joan (completely unsympathetic battleaxe, now a for-real monster)

Gabriel's manager Ruby (twisted her ankle running down the stairs because of her... high heels)

Neeva (OMG, finally, someone who makes sense!  She sees something wrong and takes action!)

But on the other hand, we have:

Nora (the accomplished MD who sees a monster attack her w/a 6' long tentacle and gets hysterical at the thought of killing it)

Mariela (Nora's mother w/dementia whose main role is to ask when she's going home every 5 minutes)

Kelly (Eff's wife, she had a crying jag but I can't remember when exactly)

Sylvia (the hobbit's wife who freaked out on him and cried her way off to the airport)

Ann-Marie (the religious freak who wanted to help her man, so she fed him a neighbor and hung herself)

Neeva's daughter ("Stupid mom, let's take these rugrats back to the monster where they belong!"

Fet's secretary ("There were, like, a lot of rats in the subway and they were like, bold and stuff? *vocal fry*")

Gus's mama (can't take out her trash, gives her rent to her junkie son to pay)

I first started noticing in the early episodes that every time something intense happened, Nora looked to Eff before she would have her own reaction.  Like she wanted to see what he thought she should think about it before she actually thought about it.  After that, I started noticing these other things.  But perhaps I'm just being too sensitive?  Help me out, here.

• Love 4

Climbing on board the 'I love this show' train. Yes there continues to be a whole lot of inexcusable levels of stupid but I still manage to enjoy the hell out of this show. This episode just needed some Fet. 

I was so happy to see the pleasant face of Battlestar's Tyrol on the show. Why the hell did they have to go and kill him off even before the official intro to the show? Just damn!!! 

That cab driver? One wonders how someone so patently stupid was able to attain a license to drive a car. I think seeing that tongue thing leap out of someone's mouth and suction onto the window of your car would be enough to have you putting the pedal to the metal, but I guess not. No words.

Helllllooo shirtless Gus!  

And enter stage left a new player(s) on the field. I am a little hesitant to call them vampires because they seem so very different than the rest. Unlike Nazi vamp, they seem to have noses. I don't know what to make of them but damn am I intrigued and surprised by their appearance. I was really scared for Neeva and the kids because I thought they were equally as scary as the mindless zombie vamps. Be damned if I would be getting close and doing pirouttes before them. 

I'm really confused as to why some vamps are rabid while some become higher functioning.

Not a book reader and just going by what I have seen so far but it appears that perhaps you need some kind of special embrace by the Master to be high functioning. I notice that Nazi vamp was human in 1944 but seemed to be working for the Master being as how he directed the box to be made which has the Master flying in style into Canadork. I think only those who are useful and necessary for the Master's world takeover get the 'privilege' of being made high functioning vamps. I think dying rich dude who is the live action version of Mr. Burns is the only one currently in line to be granted such an 'honor.' I do wonder why Master seems to slow to turn him though.

I think the Master has been very strategic in plotting his world takeover. He was feeding at the Nazi camp but breaking his victims necks afterwards so as to not have any turn into vamps. Probably didn't want to be alerting the world that such a thing exists. Master was playing the long game. Probably hooked up with a Nazi officer with the thoughts that perhaps under Hitler and the cover of WWII he could act on his plans but the tide turned and he had to abort, which might explain why he needed the traveling box made - to get out of dodge as bombs were dropping all around them. 

Young Abe was a hot, sexy piece. 

Neeva appeared to be Haitian. Even though the daughter came off as a bit obnoxious, I still felt bad that she got killed. I just think she didn't want her mom to get in trouble with her employer and mom wasn't exactly given her much to go on. 

Edited by islandgal140

Neeva and the kids know the house really well, and yet the best alternate exit they can come up with is cornering themselves in the wine cellar? Was feral mom supposed to be shrewd enough to sabotage the back door while leaving the front door unlocked? Otherwise I don't know why they failed to escape.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1
The police arrest Gus and ignore the bloody creature with a tentacle tongue who should be laying about two feet away?

Sadly the police arresting a POC while the real crime is mere inches away is the one thing that does ring true.

I must say I am really enjoying this show! Yes there are ridiculous moments but I like how they are just going for it. Cabbie deserved to die for his dumbness. Neeva's daughter deserved to die for her dumbness and disrespecting her mama. I kind of hope the Hobbit's wife gets it for being stupid as well.

I can't wait until Fet and Gus join Abe & co.

• Love 2

Are they a kill squad ?  Who activated them ? Where did they come from ?

The Ruling Party of the Vampire Nation? (Also by Guillermo del Toro.)

Did they put Eph in that cap so they didn't have to keep fixing Corey Stoll's wig?

• Love 1
Even though the daughter came off as a bit obnoxious, I still felt bad that she got killed. I just think she didn't want her mom to get in trouble with her employer and mom wasn't exactly given her much to go on.

Yeah, she wasn't given much to go on other than knowing her mom was keeping her employers' kids without permission and that something had freaked the woman out. If Neeva had the presence of mind to calmly point out that a very stubborn woman who was just released from a quarantine had taken to her sickbed, been acting odd and vaguely menacing around her children, and had something majorly weird going on with her eyes, keeping the kids another day or two might have sounded reasonable.

• Love 2

On the silly nitpick front:

Baldwin Harbor is on Long Island. Bronxville is in Westchester County, and not on the water. Why would there be a Baldwn Harbor country club in Bronxville? Bronxville is a small town. No way it takes hubby 20 minutes to get from one address to another in Bronxville.

Also, if you're trying to trail someone, Grand Central Terminal is a terrible choice due to its multiple entrances and exits. but I guess it's a safe spot due to all the foot traffic and police.

On the silly nitpick front:

Baldwin Harbor is on Long Island. Bronxville is in Westchester County, and not on the water. Why would there be a Baldwn Harbor country club in Bronxville? Bronxville is a small town. No way it takes hubby 20 minutes to get from one address to another in Bronxville.

In hubby's defense (?) I thought he was just being dismissive when he said "20 minutes."

There are a lot of implausible things that happen on this show, however, for my money the most ridiculous was the Hobbit being asked to describe the German and him stating that Nazi Vamp Eichorst looked to be about 45 yrs old. Hobbit get thyself over to a LensCrafters and update your prescription fast!!!

• Love 5

Am I really out of line, or are female characters rather poorly treated in this series?  The only women I recall not going on crying jags or being otherwise useless have been:

Lawyer Joan (completely unsympathetic battleaxe, now a for-real monster)

Gabriel's manager Ruby (twisted her ankle running down the stairs because of her... high heels)

Neeva (OMG, finally, someone who makes sense!  She sees something wrong and takes action!)

But on the other hand, we have:

Nora (the accomplished MD who sees a monster attack her w/a 6' long tentacle and gets hysterical at the thought of killing it)

Mariela (Nora's mother w/dementia whose main role is to ask when she's going home every 5 minutes)

Kelly (Eff's wife, she had a crying jag but I can't remember when exactly)

Sylvia (the hobbit's wife who freaked out on him and cried her way off to the airport)

Ann-Marie (the religious freak who wanted to help her man, so she fed him a neighbor and hung herself)

Neeva's daughter ("Stupid mom, let's take these rugrats back to the monster where they belong!"

Fet's secretary ("There were, like, a lot of rats in the subway and they were like, bold and stuff? *vocal fry*")

Gus's mama (can't take out her trash, gives her rent to her junkie son to pay)

I first started noticing in the early episodes that every time something intense happened, Nora looked to Eff before she would have her own reaction.  Like she wanted to see what he thought she should think about it before she actually thought about it.  After that, I started noticing these other things.  But perhaps I'm just being too sensitive?  Help me out, here.

The female characters are badly written, but then so are are males on this show.  For every "good" scene like when young Abe is talking with a drunk pre-vampire Nazi, we have the dumbest-cab-driver-in-New-York losing his fare, his tip, AND his life, and plenty of scenes of Eff and his family angst.  (Can you image the Abe/Nazi scene as written by the "Breaking Bad" and/or "The Good Wife" crew?)

As far as Nora looking at Eff before speaking for herself, I don't think that's a director's choice or a writer's choice.  I think the actress is SO bad, that she's looking at the actor who has the next line so she can say her line as soon as he's done.

I'm enjoying the show, but let's face it, this ain't Shakespeare.  I think everyone is doing the best they can (actors, writers, production, etc.); it's just that they're not very good.  "No Emmys Will Be Won In The Making Of This Show" should be their tagline.

• Love 3

This episode was full of stupid people, not that this is unusual on this show.

That cab driver had to be the stupidest person on Earth. His customer jumps back in the cab and is screaming for him to go and instead he sits there screaming, asking his customer what's going on. Obviously it's something pretty bad if his customer went from being calm to hysterics within seconds. Then once he sees what's going on, instead of getting the hell out of dodge, he jumps out of the cab and starts trying to shoot the monsters that are trying to kill them. Stoopid.

Samwise's wife, I can understand her not having much use for Ephraim, he did turn his back on her husband. But when her husband, who works for the CDC, tells her that he saw the epidemic that's sweeping NYC and she brushes it off as BS. Stoopid.

I knew the nannie's plan was going to fall apart. I'm just wondering how the heck they ended up trapped in the house. Couldn't they have just gone out the way the came in? Good they were saved, but who the hell is this new group? They look like vampires themselves, but they are killing their fellow vampires. Very interesting.

Interesting detail, Abraham made the Master's coffin.

I heart Gus. I feel bad for him though. I fear he's going to have put down his friend.

The show is chock full of idiotic people or situations and that is rather unfortunate because it brings what would otherwise be a good show down bigtime! Sure some people would actually do dumb shiz but not ALL of the time! There is a way to make things happen that make sense and STILL get the desired outcome. I'll begin with the original "survivors". I understand the restlessness that they may feel being cooped up all day while being poked and prodded but YOU JUST SURVIVED A MYSTERIOUS SITUATION WHERE EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD EXCEPT YOU! You have no idea what caused it or what happened or if you're infected. Why would you be so impatient to get back out and possibly spread something to your freinds and family when you don't have a damned clue if you're carrying something??? Pretty selfish attitude on the part of the survivors...  Not to mention that weird crap is happening to them AND NONE OF THEM SEEK THE HELP OF A DOCTOR whatsoever... Except the rock god but it was too little to late - not that it mattered but at least it would have made sense instead of them just letting things pass!

Next, the CDC ignoring obvious evidence given by Eph and then calling the feds on him for dragging the pilots' body down to the basement. WHY would they just ignore the evidence and did anyone actually think to go and LOOK at the corpse??? The only thing that would make sense there is that the CDC boss already knows what is going on and is helping the situation.

Next, the 3 STUIPDEST situations in the entire show to date that almost want to make me stop watching.

1) The same retarded feds that agreed to follow Eph's lead are all in the car and notice a lunatic running in the street and trying to pull a woman out of her car. The one guy has the sense to do his job but the other idiot suggest that the assailant is a homeless person and that they stay out of the situation??? I about fell out of my seat on the level of idiocy that I just witnessed?! Forget the fact that they didn't know that it was a vampire, what about the WOMAN being dragged out of her f'ing car by a complete stranger? YOU ARE AN F'ING COP! DO YOUR G' DAMNED JOB!!! Both of those idiots earned a well deserved death for utter stupidity. Thing is, displaying that level of stupidity was totally uneccessary. They could have both simply did the job that they were supposed to do as COPS and STILL died in the attempt. A common sense approach with the same desired outcome! I can't understand why anyone would write something that retarded in the script?

2) The cops "suddenly" arriving out of nowhere to arrest the 2 hispanic men for what I assumed was attacking a "victim" or did they already have a warrant out for their arrest? If so, I don't recall it being mentioned so I have to assume that they somehow "saw" them attacking the "victim" - of which they didn't even bother to look at... COME ON MAN! LOOK at the body!!! You can't possibly arrest them for defending themselves against that! If you want to find an excuse to arrest them, say that they found out that they stole that suv and go after them for THAT!

3) And finally, that situation that this person mentioned about the cab driver. ANYBODY in that particular situation would have booked it! No question! This retarded cab driver stays put and then gets out of the car to start shoot one of the vampires only to get hit by the other... WHY put yourself in that kind of danger when all you have to do is DRIVE THE F AWAY!? Also, if you were going to get out and start shooting, why wouldn't you be prepared to fire more than 1 shot? He shoots the one and - LOOKS as the other comes on and overtakes him instead of taking another shot!?... What would have worked better here is the cab driver freaking out for a moment, long enough for one of the vamps to reach his window and having the probiscus hit him by penetrating the window. THEN having the passenger freak out, exit the car and run to the house meeting his end by spouse.

Good show. TERRIBLE writing/scripting in the common sense dept.

Edited by drow21
  • Love 2

I really liked this episode, stupidity aside.

I really wanted to reach through my television and kill that moron of a cab driver myself. I don't know know what would possess anyone with even one functioning brain cell to opt to get out of his cab and fight multiple assailants with extending tongues as the just seconds before calm guy runs screaming for you to leave. Some people clearly deserve the horrible fates they meet.

Still love Neeva. Too bad her daughter died. I know she came off obnoxiously, but I saw her point of view. Your mother brings home her employers children who are asking to go home, you overhear the conversation with said children's father who is obviously demanding their return, as all your mother can do is say you can't go back, I would have wanted them gone too. Whatever her faults, the daughter died because she grabbed the tongue in an effort to protect her mother and the kids.

Like the "Vapilantes" (love the name) and am interested in learning about their backstories.

Poor Gus. I hope he makes it out when his friend turns.

Where is the rat exterminator and when is this rag-tag group of vamp fires going to finish linking up? Why didn't we see what happened with Matt. I know we all can guess, but I wonder if he us on his way back to Eph's house?

Oh Yeah -- Nora still stinks. Maybe iance the group is complete and we reach the point where someone has to fine, it will be her.

I'm hoping that the zombpire crisis will be the catalyst for Nora growing more of a spine. We've seen her realize that some bad s is going down and make her way to Abe's and then be part of the ragtag strike team. I'm going to choose to hope that she is just starting to realize her potential.

This was a good episode despite everyone's obvious stupidity. The minute we got to the train station scene I knew all involved were going to fuck it up. They are no match for Eichorst. Is this show trying to make me root for the Nazi?

I enjoyed all the flashbacks of the very complicated relationship between Eichorst and Abe. That seems to be becoming the most fleshed out relationship of the series so far. I don't really care about Eph's relationship with Nora or his dumb wife, who is probably going to get herself killed sooner or later. 

The best scene of the episode was the end with the Vampilante's. I got so excited because I know who that character is and what his role is going to be(never read the books but I got curious and looked it up). I also just love Stephen McHattie so I'm glad they cast him in this role. 

The best scene of the episode was the end with the Vampilante's. I got so excited because I know who that character is and what his role is going to be(never read the books but I got curious and looked it up). I also just love Stephen McHattie so I'm glad they cast him in this role. 

That was Stephen McHattie? I never would have guessed! But come to think of it, being shot in Toronto he was bound to show up sooner or later. And he has the experience.

Pre Nazi Vampire Eichorst and young Abe have great chemistry in the flashback scenes. I was actually caught off guard by how human Eichorst seemed, you know, for a Nazi butcher. And for a second I thought it was going to get rapey when Eichorst unzipped his pants in front of Abe's face. Thankfully, it was just Eichorst being a rude, loathsome troll.

I was getting a little "gay predator" subtext even before the zipper scene. Eichorst, to me, has a Colonel Klink-style effeminacy, only dialed up to Evil Eleven. 

Missed Fet.

Equally creeped out and intrigued by the Vampilante leader. 

The way he unceremoniously dispatched Neeva's daughter was harsh . . . but oh so satisfying! 

Lots of great "jump and shriek" moments for me in this episode. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

• Love 1
certainly wasn't expecting a vampire hit squad, made out of vampires.  At least, they looked like vampires. 

I thought they looked like rabbits. Vampire rabbits. Like some kind of... bad-ass Bunnicula.

the most ridiculous was the Hobbit being asked to describe the German and him stating that Nazi Vamp Eichorst looked to be about 45 yrs old.

Seriously. That was even more unbelievable than Eph's wig.

• Love 2