Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07 The Dream Is Not Me

• Start Topic

John deals with a problem with his herd; Sen. Perry delivers news to Rainwater; Jamie and Sarah plan their next move; the entire Yellowstone enjoys a rare evening of fun together; Beth discusses a new business plan concerning the ranch.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated

Summer is flipped already.  Whatd'ya know.  

I'm not really understanding this year-long cattle drive.  It's 2022 ffs; what takes so long?  I've been passively watching this season, so perhaps I've missed some key points, lol.

Monica is furniture.  That is all.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

So what happened to the horses making money? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see spinning horses and shit,  but I thought that was bringing in money and that they sunk money into that?

I'm bored with Jamie's idiot ways. Wake the fuck up. 1883 has told you what she wants and she's just using your ass. For a lawyer, he sure needs to take his head out.

So we never got answers if the herd had the disease or not. And when is Rainwater and John going to have their meeting. And did Lynette have her press conference and we didn't see that?  

• Like 8

Was that a young Lloyd that went up to retrieve the dead cowboy Rip killed along with young John Dutton ?

I swear we've had more flashbacks than current day running time this season, WTF .

Someone is going to have to explain how it makes sense to spend $1.2M per month plus trucking fees to keep Duttons cows fed .  Rip says he might be gone a year. That's $14.5M in land rental fees .  IIRC Dutton said they sell cows for $1/lb and they're 700 lbs. So he's gonna truck TWENT THOUSAND HEAD to god lknows where ? Um, right .

And as someone said above, what about the horse shows, did that just stop ?

Speaking of not making a living, not sure what Kayce and Monica are living on these days. He quit his job, she stopped teaching at least two seasons ago. 

Did we really need to see the blond slut barrel racer again?

I guess the country singers guest stint is up. No big loss. 

Even though he has a child seat in his car, Jamie apparently has little to no child rearing responsibilities. 

With a longer than normal season I wonder if the series might be wrapping up soon . Sure its popular, but its also gotta be getting mega expensive to produce. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Oh Jamie, he's so so stupid. Now you're going to war with the only family you have left. She's playing him like a fiddle.

So I guess that's how they're going to make everyone care about the Four 6's and Jimmy's spin off? Send Rip there with a crew? 

Ugh at Summer and the barrel racer. John and The Senator would be so much better than that trashy rude hippy. They just replaced to horrid barrel racer with Jimmy with Summer. 

Nice to see Tate and Carter together and playing as friends. They both could use someone their own age. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Gotta love Beth calling the other women sluts.  She didn't bang Rip before getting married?  I do notice that the makeup department decided to give her two slightly black eyes as a note to the fistfight.

Rip made his bones early on.

4 hours ago, toodywoody said:

So we never got answers if the herd had the disease or not.

I did some quick research and it appears that they do have to test the entire herd, but the rancher is only required to kill the infected ones, not the entire herd.  And the math was suspect too.  Why would he need 100,000 acres?  Is the land that poor?  And why couldn't he call up ol' Jimmy's boss and move them down to the 6666 ranch.  Not that I want to see Jimmy again, but use your connections, John.  On a side note, back when they killed the wolves, one of the cowboys said, when they found the cow carcass, that it wasn't wolves that killed that cow.  I wonder if that was foreshadowing?

Beth is sorely mistaken if she thinks they can just start up a butchering and retail operation just like that.  There's an entire set of regulations surrounding food processing; you can't just set up in the barn and cut away.  They could contract with a local processor, but that costs money.  And then you have to compete with the big boys, or try and find a niche market.

2 hours ago, Msample said:

It fell into the graveyard of forgotten and abandoned story lines, just downcanyon from the train station.

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not really understanding this year-long cattle drive.

I think last episode John said something about 'We'll bring the rest of the herd down tomorrow', meaning this episode.  They went up and gathered off camera, and split them up for efficiency.

Must be an interesting county fair where the Governor can walk around with a woman wearing a beat to shit face and no one pays the least bit of attention.

I am starting to enjoy the Shakespearean machinations going on over at Casa Jaime and at the Senator's office, even though it's patently absurd.  

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I did some quick research and it appears that they do have to test the entire herd, but the rancher is only required to kill the infected ones, not the entire herd. 

Too bad Taylor doesn't think people are smart enough to know these things.  Also, why move the entire herd?  If they can't use the land they grazed on, then keep at least some and then ship the others off to "greener pastures".  

Does Beth have her own huge bank account?  She must to think she can go live in a suite for a year+ while hubby tends to the cattle.  

Does Jamie really think he's going to get away with being the dumb shit he is and the decisions he's making with his other head?

• Like 3

Did we see Summer, Fall?

It is staggering to consider that Dutton's asset machinations cost ME hundreds of millions, if not a few billion.  Then again, he was playing a hand with which he was willing forfeit a huge chunk of them (land trust), while ME tried to make it all work.  But, this new math takes the proverbial cake.  Weren't they on the verge of significant layoffs of ranch personnel last year?  Now they are even more dire circumstances and they are gonna try to spend all possible capital on this harebrained scheme?  

I was glad to see Rainwater simply deal with the latest land grab and not resort to all the unfairness (and much worse) the Confederated Tribes have endured.  The Senator was a friend and she was in an impossible situation.  Most shows would have gone for the draaaaaama of an aggrieved Chief.  I hope the man decided to just go to Dutton that night and force the conversation.  This is too damn important to just passively accept that the Guv would not fight for him right away.   

The portrayal of a tough, desperate, and committed young Jamie in the flashback is very consistent with what we've seen before.  It is a damning portrayal of the earlier John Dutton, who clearly abused the lad.  What a monster.  I'm thinking Jamie would never ask him for a catch.  As messed up as many of his actions have been, most all of it, imo, is on Dutton.

Really great line by the sanger when she said she wanted to be the dream.  Well, honey, maybe he wanted to be your dream.  Of course, we're talking about a what, three day love that surpasses all known love?  Cowboy was granted a huge favor, yet he doesn't see it just yet.  He would always be 2nd-best to her career ambitions.

It was a very small slice of life moment, but it was great to see Tate beg his daddy for cash so he could max out his fair/carnival experience.  It's the kind of thing we don't often get on this show, which eschews the typical.  This was a universal moment that many/most American families can relate to.  Good thing John never actually allowed Kayce to stop getting paychecks, eh?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Oh Jamie, he's so so stupid. Now you're going to war with the only family you have left. She's playing him like a fiddle.

So I guess that's how they're going to make everyone care about the Four 6's and Jimmy's spin off? Send Rip there with a crew? 

Ugh at Summer and the barrel racer. John and The Senator would be so much better than that trashy rude hippy. They just replaced to horrid barrel racer with Jimmy with Summer. 

Nice to see Tate and Carter together and playing as friends. They both could use someone their own age. 

Jaime doesn’t have any family besides his own son. John and Beth hate him and John has mentioned many times that only blood matters. I’m sure Jaime will end up dead but I would be happy if he was able to get John impeached. John cares only about himself and Beth, he doesn’t care about the people of Montana or his adopted son.

• Like 6

I guess Jamie has completely forgotten that Beth has video of him dumping his biological father's body at the train station.

Amazing how a governor could just show up to a county fair without any security (except for Summer and her however-many years of martial arts training, that is).

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Young Rip defending the honor of young Beth. He was already sprung for that heaux. But she couldn't have been worth the risk of getting arrested for murder, or having to  become Dutton's indentured servant for life.

Jamie and his bony, hairless chest. Why is he taking counsel from a middle-aged honeytrap with ridiculous vocal fry? Sarah apparently can't even take her watch off to have sex. Guess she's always on the clock.

Pre-pubescent Tate still sleeping in the same tent with his parents. And then getting lowkey ogled by his mommy. Ehhh.

Beth of all people pontificating on the glory of marriage. That's a sad joke.

"They never take the gloves off because they never put them on." What does that even mean?

So how do buffalo get brucellosis and why hasn't a vaccine been developed for cattle and cows?

TMW your admin assistant is trying to tell you you're getting played by your bedmate who works for your family's enemy, but you and your pussywhipped dick are refusing to hear it.

Both Carter and Tate have casts on their arms. Odd coincidence.

Teeter loves her bar!

It sounds like things are getting set up for another spinoff set in SE Colorado and the TX panhandle.

Oh please, Beth will kill Jamie with her bare hands before she lets him take the governorship from her father over some venture capital shenanigans. Idiot Jamie. I think this is building up to a Beth versus Sarah bitchfest and my money's on Beth.

I guess Jamie has completely forgotten that Beth has video of him dumping his biological father's body at the train station.

But her using it would be mutually assured destruction since Jamie could tell about all the other bodies dumped there on the Duttons' behalf for decades.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But her using it would be mutually assured destruction since Jamie could tell about all the other bodies dumped there on the Duttons' behalf for decades

I wish he would remind Beth of that!

I wish Jamie would take his Harvard Law degree and go somewhere far, far away. Get away from his family and start somewhere new. Speaking of Jamie, the actor Wes Bently is becoming painfully thin and his hair is greying rapidly. 

The only thing worse than being subjected to old, nasty present day Beth is having to live through flashbacks of young, nasty bitch Beth. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Young Rip was stupid as hell.  The poor dying guy told him to say he fell off a horse.  Now, I guess it was so that he'd go out like a man instead of being whipped by a kid, but it also gave Rip an out--after Rip busted his head with a rock.  And stupid Rip decided to play Sir Galahad and defend Beth's "honor," thus enslaving himself for life to Dutton.    

Jamie and Monica need to hook up and go to Golden Corral or a similar place and pig out.     

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Do the Yellowstone writers follow boards like this one?  Have they finally figured out that nobody likes Monica?  Because the Monica from this season is like a whole new character.  I thought her discussion with Beth was great.  "Why are you so mean?"  Then when Beth admits that she is a beeyotch, Monica says "well, you're really good at it".  Ha ha.  This new lighthearted Monica is a hoot.

16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm not really understanding this year-long cattle drive.  It's 2022 ffs; what takes so long?  I've been passively watching this season, so perhaps I've missed some key points, lol.

I don't fully understand it either.  Why do five ranch hands have to be gone for a year?  Until the threat of brucellosis has passed?  I thought they were inoculating all of the cattle, isn't that what Summer was kvetching about?  They made her use the vaccine gun and she was clutching her pearls every time she had to use it on one.  Why do all the cattle have to leave if they're getting vaccinated?  Also, if the cattle do have to leave, why can't John just send one guy and pay some ranch to keep his cattle with the cattle from that ranch and take care of them?

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jamie and his bony, hairless chest. Why is he taking counsel from a middle-aged honeytrap with ridiculous vocal fry? Sarah apparently can't even take her watch off to have sex. Guess she's always on the clock.

TMW your admin assistant is trying to tell you you're getting played by your bedmate who works for your family's enemy, but you and your pussywhipped dick are refusing to hear it.

Teeter loves her bar!

Like Jamie said, he went to Harvard.  I'm sure he has some amount of brains.  I would think he is aware that he is getting used and played, but he doesn't care.

Nobody understanding Teeter was a hilarious running joke.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, toodywoody said:

So what happened to the horses making money? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see spinning horses and shit,  but I thought that was bringing in money and that they sunk money into that?

I'm bored with Jamie's idiot ways. Wake the fuck up. 1883 has told you what she wants and she's just using your ass. For a lawyer, he sure needs to take his head out.

So we never got answers if the herd had the disease or not. And when is Rainwater and John going to have their meeting. And did Lynette have her press conference and we didn't see that?  

So many loose ends to story arcs that never seem to be revisited...WTF?? Big problem this season is recycling old arcs like Jamie being taken in by a wily woman and having no common sense or recollection former experiences with women who tempt him with sex....geez...get a new story line with this guy or kill him off.

All this romanticization of the cowboy life is fine but let's get real...any rancher of John Dutton's caliber would employ an office manager and an accountant. To think that Dutton could wear all these hats is ridiculous. And please...he takes off from his duties as Governor after he's just been sworn in and is MIA because he wants to be a cowboy again? Wouldn't there be A LOT of fallout from the press and the voters who put him in office? And you're right...last season the fancy horses were going to be the money makers but now that's just disappeared...POOF!! I have a feeling that sending Rip and company down to Texas for a year is going to be a segue to Taylor Sheridan's "6666" series that will probably be coming out in 2023.

• Like 8

Like Jamie said, he went to Harvard.  I'm sure he has some amount of brains.  I would think he is aware that he is getting used and played, but he doesn't care.

There's a difference between having book smarts and being street smart. I think if Jamie's not getting played a fool by Sarah he's got acting skills worthy of Broadway. I'd love it though if it does turn out he's been stringing her along so he can ultimately expose her and the ME plot to Dutton and Beth

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4

Something else occurs to me.  After John comes out to the campsite with young Rip and discovers the dead body, his partner says, "We can take him out to the train station."  Now, at the time, Rip is, what, no older than about 18, and he's somewhere around 45 now?  It's really chilling to realize that they've been using the ranch as a dumping ground for that long.  John Dutton is no kind of rancher.  He's a crime boss and I have no sympathy for him if he loses the ranch.

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Something else occurs to me.  After John comes out to the campsite with young Rip and discovers the dead body, his partner says, "We can take him out to the train station."  Now, at the time, Rip is, what, no older than about 18, and he's somewhere around 45 now?  It's really chilling to realize that they've been using the ranch as a dumping ground for that long.  John Dutton is no kind of rancher.  He's a crime boss and I have no sympathy for him if he loses the ranch.

He’s a cowboy version of Tony Soprano.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The portrayal of a tough, desperate, and committed young Jamie in the flashback is very consistent with what we've seen before.  It is a damning portrayal of the earlier John Dutton, who clearly abused the lad.  What a monster. 

Do you mean Rip, not Jamie?  Or was there a flashback of Jamie that I missed while working on Spelling Bee?

• Like 2

John Dutton operates like Montana is still the wild west. It isn't. The train station has been around a long time. The mind boggles at how many bodies might be there.

I keep hoping that Jamie is playing the vixen lawyer, but I fear that just isn't the case. Unfortunately, the writing is too linear. I'm hoping for a mystery, but we are getting a badly predictable soap. If Jamie and Beth ever put their heads together, they would be unstoppable. 

If John is impeached Jamie said there would be a runoff. Jamie would still have to run and considering Beth has the goods on him... I'm not sure where this would be going. Kayce has no job maybe he can run for Governer.

John and Summer? I get John's attraction she does resemble his wife and is likely close to the age when she died (on the show). She is definitely strong willed. Maybe this is his attempt at a do over. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

At what point is Harvard going to sue the show and tell them they can't use their name anymore? Like Columbia did in the Law and Order universe.  

I guess it's too late to say Jamie went to Hudson University...

• LOL 12

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but I thought that Jamie already knew about the conservation trust. I thought that was a discussion with John, Beth, and Jamie and that strategy was what drove Silver Hair crazy. Was I dreaming?

I also can't believe that the Montana news teams (TV, newspapers, and online) aren't already busy documenting the many issues (some impeachable) that John has as "governor". Just arbitrarily firing his staff would be big news anywhere else. 

I also noticed that Beth was uncharacteristically modestly dressed and sober for a change. Of course, she still felt the need to insult the other women for doing what Beth was in the habit of doing for many years. Now she's married, so naturally she's got the moral high ground. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I am really learning a lot from this show:

1. Cowboys like fightin'!

2. Cowboys like fuckin'!

3. Cowboys don't care 'bout stupid shirt & tie shit like rules or the law or politics!

4. Cowboys are cooler than you!

PS. Beth thinks she is this awesome businessperson, but to come up with her ingenious, surefire plan to save the ranch, she basically googled and then talked to an online beef seller for like 20 seconds. ...What could go wrong?

• Like 7
  • LOL 16
On 12/19/2022 at 1:56 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Summer is flipped already.  Whatd'ya know.  

Monica is furniture.  That is all.

I could see Summer starting to change sides when she watched the guys ride away the other ep. She strikes me as someone who has nothing and has moved around a lot. What I like about this show is it highlights how the ones being attacked (in this case the Ranchers) for not caring about the environment are actually closer to nature than the ones who do the attacking. And I think Summer is starting to see that. 

I think they are starting to try something with Monica but I don't know what that is yet.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, toodywoody said:

Wasn't the horses thing just to set up the 6666 Ranch so Taylor could write off his property for tax purposes?

Jamie is so starved for love and belonging to something he is easy pickings. Beth threatening his son certainly would not have helped anything. John Dutton is an idiot for keeping him close. 

On 12/19/2022 at 3:54 PM, Msample said:

Was that a young Lloyd that went up to retrieve the dead cowboy Rip killed along with young John Dutton ?

I swear we've had more flashbacks than current day running time this season, WTF .

Someone is going to have to explain how it makes sense to spend $1.2M per month plus trucking fees to keep Duttons cows fed .  Rip says he might be gone a year. That's $14.5M in land rental fees .  IIRC Dutton said they sell cows for $1/lb and they're 700 lbs. So he's gonna truck TWENT THOUSAND HEAD to god lknows where ? Um, right .

Speaking of not making a living, not sure what Kayce and Monica are living on these days. He quit his job, she stopped teaching at least two seasons ago. 

Did we really need to see the blond slut barrel racer again?

I guess the country singers guest stint is up. No big loss. 

Even though he has a child seat in his car, Jamie apparently has little to no child rearing responsibilities. 

With a longer than normal season I wonder if the series might be wrapping up soon . Sure its popular, but its also gotta be getting mega expensive to produce. 

The flashbacks get confusing at times. Can't they write "20 Years Ago" or whatever? The actress playing young Beth has nailed her mannerisms though. 

Wasn't Kayce in the military? I assume he gets a pension? Of all the people on the show Kayce and Monica are the only ones living a humble life so I don't think they need a lot of money. I'm pretty sure John would help too. 

Yes, we needed to see the blond barrel racing slut again! 

I would prefer it end properly than just being dragged out. It already feels like it has lost it's way a few times. I don't know if I can just keep watching Beth hit people and walk away from explosions while smoking. 

On 12/20/2022 at 1:54 AM, Fliz said:

Amazing how a governor could just show up to a county fair without any security (except for Summer and her however-many years of martial arts training, that is).

I would bet Taylor Sheridan has forgotten about that too! 

I will get a  little metaphorical and say that it symbolized how well John Dutton is liked and how no one would attack him, at least in a way that would cause him harm and perhaps the fair was already well vetted and had it's own security? I don't know, John was elected on his vow of saving his own land. I mean, he was stupidly honest about that and the people love him for it and voted him in?!

On 12/20/2022 at 6:05 AM, Crashcourse said:

Young Rip was stupid as hell.  The poor dying guy told him to say he fell off a horse.  Now, I guess it was so that he'd go out like a man instead of being whipped by a kid, but it also gave Rip an out--after Rip busted his head with a rock.  And stupid Rip decided to play Sir Galahad and defend Beth's "honor," thus enslaving himself for life to Dutton.    

Jamie and Monica need to hook up and go to Golden Corral or a similar place and pig out.     

Old Rip is also stupid as hell. Beth is a lost cause and I think Rip could do way better. He seems to think that by having her it makes him look more manly or something. She acts like a child. 

LOL yeah, Beth has no honor to defend! 

Or perhaps Beth can stop interrupting family dinners and let Jamie and Monica actually eat something?!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, LadyIrony said:

Wasn't the horses thing just to set up the 6666 Ranch so Taylor could write off his property for tax purposes?

Probably, although it sounds like they may be taking part of the herd to Texas, so we might see that ranch again.

51 minutes ago, LadyIrony said:

Wasn't Kayce in the military? I assume he gets a pension?

Only if he retired or had a medical disability. If he only served 4 or 6 years, he would not.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I like how Brunette Beth was telling Jamie that by 2030 or whatever Brazil was going to be the major supplier of beef. All of these predictions are based on nothing changing from now till then. As we've seen with CoVid it shook a lot of things up around the world. Possibly kind of off topic, I just find it funny how people think that others should just give up based on these things. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

I like how Brunette Beth was telling Jamie that by 2030 or whatever Brazil was going to be the major supplier of beef. All of these predictions are based on nothing changing from now till then. As we've seen with CoVid it shook a lot of things up around the world. Possibly kind of off topic, I just find it funny how people think that others should just give up based on these things. 

It's also funny how people on this show deliver these predictions off the top of their heads and the person they are talking to just seems to believe them. No one ever says, "Hm. I'd like to see more data on that" or "I have to look into that before I make a major decision".  There's also almost no randomness in how the characters behave. Everyone does what is expected of them. I can't plan a full day without someone in my life suddenly doing something unexpected and changing how the day is going. Nothing big, but all it takes is one person deciding that they need to go to the store or do something like laundry and your whole plan for the day is rearranged. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Well, sure. But he’s already loaded. I’ll be interested to see if his screen time decreases

KC is the face of the show. He's probably the reason a big chunk of the audience watches, and Yellowstone is the anchor for the 47 spinoffs Sheridan is creating by the week. Plus I think it's the network's highest rated show. They're not going to let Costner go. It does seem to me like he's phoning it in a lot though.

• Like 3
On 12/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, blackwing said:

Nobody understanding Teeter was a hilarious running joke.

Is Teeter supposed to be from Texas? To me her “accent” is terrible. Have lived 45 years in Texas and have never heard anyone speak that way. To me the only time she was remotely compelling is when they tried to kill her in the river. Totally expendable character. 

• Like 4

Is Teeter supposed to be from Texas? To me her “accent” is terrible. Have lived 45 years in Texas and have never heard anyone speak that way.

My relatively limited bona fides are that I was born in TX, spent a bit of time during my formative years in East TX, and later went to college in one of the metro areas. I have definitely heard people in TX talk like Teeter, for example, saying "char" versus "chair." The people in question were from an area of TX that is known to be particularly insular. I think Teeter's way of speaking is somewhat exaggerated though. She talks very fast and mumbles a lot.

• Like 1

I just came across an article discussing the Dutton family tree from 1883 to current.  Color me shocked.  The woman who played the "stick up her ass" nasty Aunt Claire in "1883" is the same actress who is currently playing Sarah Atwood.  I had absolutely no idea, she is completely unrecognisable.  They did a good job of uglying her up in "1883"!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 12/19/2022 at 2:24 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Must be an interesting county fair where the Governor can walk around with a woman wearing a beat to shit face and no one pays the least bit of attention.

I'm brand new to the show, but damn, some of these Yellowstone women are so bashed-up in the face due to all the fighting they do.  A plastic surgeon's dream. And yes, as another poster said, John Dutton is a cowboy version of Tony Soprano. But a lot deadlier and ruthless apparently. Tony engaged in a lot of hand-wringing (mostly) before deciding to kill people.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2022 at 8:31 AM, blackwing said:

I just came across an article discussing the Dutton family tree from 1883 to current.  Color me shocked.  The woman who played the "stick up her ass" nasty Aunt Claire in "1883" is the same actress who is currently playing Sarah Atwood.  I had absolutely no idea, she is completely unrecognisable.  They did a good job of uglying her up in "1883"!

Thank you- I couldn’t figure out why another commenter called her 1883.  She looks much younger here.  

The singer told Ryan previously that they had no future and he agreed.  So they said they’d just be together until they weren’t.  Now she goes ballistic because he will be gone?  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
On 1/3/2023 at 8:21 PM, mythoughtis said:

The singer told Ryan previously that they had no future and he agreed.  So they said they’d just be together until they weren’t.  Now she goes ballistic because he will be gone?  

THANK you. If she got a call from Nashville she'd leave skid marks.

Rip said he was the ranch manger, so he had to...go with half the herd a billion miles away from the ranch for a year? wtf?

Monica telling another person not to be preachy is... rich. 

Edited by Nicola
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, Nicola said:

THANK you. If she got a call from Nashville she'd leave skid marks.

She done did.  I think that entire short-lived plotline was just to plump up Lainey Wilson's singing career.  She's already touring, will be in my city in about a week or so.

• Useful 2
On 1/9/2023 at 3:18 AM, Nicola said:

Monica telling another person not to be preachy is... rich. 

I'm sayin'!!

I never laughed so hard as when John walked up to her and said (paraphrasing), "I'm asking you because I know who wears the pants in your family." Nice shade thrown at your son. Not to mention totally true.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1