Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: High Stakes and Friendship Breaks

• Start Topic

Heather and Lisa come together to address Jen's behavior, but the conversation comes to a halt when Jen reveals information about her mental health; Whitney is on blast for claiming she wanted a friendship break from Heather.

Airdate: 12.14.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

Ugh, Jen just makes me shake my head and roll my eyes.  Twice now she spoke of suicide on the show.  Tonight she is blaming someone else for a possible suicide attempt.  If she thinks that Instagram account that Angie Harrington‘s husband was too much and was possibly going to make it difficult for her boys to find wives, she better take a look in the mirror. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11

Jen and Heather claim they don't remember what they said and did? Really? How convenient.

Jen tried to commit suicide because Angie H's husband created a Finsta which DID NOT name Jen, or her husband, or bullied either (or exposed them) as Jen claimed, but only attacked Lisa about the catered event? Is she kidding us? Meredith just said the same on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live- that the Finsta was not about Jen.

Meredith is no CEO of fun. She was just sitting, looking at her phone/texting when some of the other women were surfing/having fun.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

So Jen doesn't feel bad enough about the federal charges against her, but a Finsta that doesn't even have a single post about her makes her suicidal. 

Heather speaks over Whitney on purpose, and she is demeaning. We also saw the replay of Heather pushing Whitney in Scottsdale, and it was bad, Whitney hit the wall hard.

Whitney seems to be alluding to physical and verbal abuse happening in her past.

How immature of Heather to kick the goalpost a few times because her team lost the beach games, and of Whitney to destroy the other team's sand castle. And Jen cheated on the sack race...

Heather had a nose job. Her nose is thinner/more refined this season. 

The black eye, and scratches were caused by Whitney?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

This was never a very classy franchise but honestly, have a bit more decorem than pushing your boobs all over the screen, dry humping each other and shaking your asses up in the air.  Plus you are all women of a certain age, stop dressing like sluts and screaming obscenities at one another.  This is not entertainment. Also, Heather you have definitely dropped in esteem this season.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

The black eye, and scratches were caused by Whitney?

Maybe someone has some spoilers on this, because I was assuming that maybe something happened in the drunken shenanigans that caused the black eye. I thought that the cause of the black eye would be tame and not someone attacking Heather. Heather's text to Meredith and the way she and Jen were acting like something dramatic happened. Another assumption I made was that if something major did happen that it would have been leaked by now. Maybe it was, but since I do not follow any of these ladies on social media it would have escaped me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Jen is a liar.  I don’t believe her suicide story.  She needed a way out of the conversation, she needed to be the victim.

Heather is too stupid to see it and she’s once again kissing her ass.

Oh, I think Heather sees it just fine.  Shady editors made sure to include her big eye roll when Jen left the table at the restaurant talking about ending it all.  I'd like to see more of that legit Heather instead of the ride or die performances.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe someone has some spoilers on this, because I was assuming that maybe something happened in the drunken shenanigans that caused the black eye. I thought that the cause of the black eye would be tame and not someone attacking Heather. Heather's text to Meredith and the way she and Jen were acting like something dramatic happened. Another assumption I made was that if something major did happen that it would have been leaked by now. Maybe it was, but since I do not follow any of these ladies on social media it would have escaped me.

It might be nothing, and it's only the usual reality show bait. But somebody came to Heather's room early in the morning. It could be something innocent, and Heather only had an accident because she was still hangovered, and nobody hit her. There is nothing about it on her Insta. I just checked.

Did you hear Lisa pronouncing hypocrites as hiapocrites? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I didn’t finish the episode yet but damn if I’m not sick of the bully crying about being bullied. Then she mentions suicide to be dramatic and get more sympathy. Whitney asked her how lunch went and she flipped out and accused her of digging for info and brought up her suicide attempt again. 

• Like 5
  • Love 12

Just started the episode, and I'm not finished yet, but something is wrong with Heather's eye at breakfast at the beginning.  She wears her sunglasses for awhile, and then when she takes them off she has what looks like more eye makeup on one eye and it looks like it's starting to swell.

ETA:  The CEO of Fun sitting on the beach on her phone while the other girls went surfing was a highlight.  Also, complaining about the games.  She's so much fun ladies!

Edited by Slider
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

How in the hell does Coach Shah stay married to this insane woman? Must be why he's always working out of town. I hope he's not involved or was aware of her scheme because he seems like a decent man. 

Heather has gone from fan fave to fan hated. Her true colors are showing this season and it's not pretty. 

• Like 12
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Heather has gone from fan fave to fan hated. Her true colors are showing this season and it's not pretty. 

It's not just her.  They've all been sinking since we first met them in season one.  I think it's simply a case of familiarity breeds contempt.  I had expectations of this group being different (in a good way) than the other franchises and instead they seem to just be dopey and hoping to cling onto reality fame by whatever means possible. Let's face it, with the exception of Mary and Jen who have somewhat unique issues, this is pretty much just a boring group of women who have been reduced to battling one another for the sake of a story line.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, ichbin said:

It's not just her.  They've all been sinking since we first met them in season one.

Strangely, I could not stand Lisa the first two seasons, but now I find her very amusing (though not because she's trying to be amusing).

I cannot stand Heather (who I previously liked). She's suffering from a major case of believing her own hype. I've always loathed Jen. Whitney is just Whitney. Merideth lost me forever when she was toeing Seth's taint in the tub.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ichbin said:

I'd like to see more of that legit Heather instead of the ride or die performances

Does Heather know any other expression? If I hear her say those words again, my head just might explode.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1

I just wish Whitney would stop shrieking. She could be right, I don't know since I tune out when she starts screaming and then claps like a demented seal.

The rest, I can barely remember names at this point.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

What was with Heather and Jen with their tits out? If any of my friends pulled their boobs out while drunk I would beg them to put their shirt back on. They do act like they are in college when they drink. 
I agree that nobody is likable at this point. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Discounted cosmetic procedures? 

As much as I would love to try a few cosmetic procedures, I would run in the other direction if anyone from Beauty Lab + Laser came near me.  Heather and her clients are NOT a good advertisement for their services.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Despite producer shenanigans and Heather's dramatic black eye reveal, I'm guessing whatever caused it was an accident.  Jen probably showed up at her door (the footage was purposefully so quick, we couldn't really see who it was).  They were either horsing around with their boobs again, or Heather's tipsy ass fell down.  I can't imagine they could have kept an assault under wraps this entire time.  

• Like 13
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:
19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why does ANYONE want to be friends with Heather?  

Discounted cosmetic procedures? 

I wouldn't doubt it despite her not exactly being the best walking advertisement.

• Like 2

This was never a very classy franchise but honestly, have a bit more decorem than pushing your boobs all over the screen, dry humping each other and shaking your asses up in the air.  Plus you are all women of a certain age, stop dressing like sluts and screaming obscenities at one another.  

Ageism is not really classy either, though, and neither is the whole notion of "slut" (especially the sexism/misogyny of basing that notion on clothes). Especially considering how much other stuff there is to mock here, not the least of which is their use of buzzwords/phrases like "ride or die" and "showed up for you" and "grace." And, oh my goodness, the transactional way they view these friendships; it's like they're all tallying up each nice thing they've ever done for each other so they can cash them in later to be an asshole. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Whitney trying to explain to Heather what her problem was with her reminded me of Alex (RHNY) trying to deliver her message from Bethanny. Just get on with it FFS! And, btw Heather? if you would STFU for 10 seconds, maybe Whitney would have a chance to say what she wants, and you might (MIGHT) hear her. Just a thought.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

When Heather says ride or die, I think “please die.”

I don’t mean it but that phrase has been way overused and none of these women are dying for another.

28 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ageism is not really classy either, though, and neither is the whole notion of "slut" (especially the sexism/misogyny of basing of that notion on clothes).  Especially considering how much other stuff there is to mock here, not the least of which is their use of buzzwords/phrases like "ride or die" and "showed up for you" and "grace." And, oh my goodness, the transactional way they view these friendships; it's like they're all tallying up each nice thing they've ever done for each other so they can cash them in later to be an asshole. 

I’m a little older than these ladies amd I don’t think it’s ageist to want them to stay dressed. I don’t want to see any of the young crew on Below Deck getting naked either. As far as slut shaming, I know it’s not cool but that doesn’t mean I want to see the Wild Rose twerking like her ass is the greatest thing in Salt Lake City. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

It's the slut notion that gets to me--women are allowed to be "sluts"; it hurts no one for a woman to do sexual things. I mean, whatever--I'm sure (I hope) no one here means it in a way like that. I just feel like we can mock them without that terminology and implication. And for so many things too. But as far as not wanting to see it on the show? Neither do I, really; I prefer other types of obnoxious behaviors on my Housewives shows, haha! But I feel like Bravo and MTV and other similar channels probably think (or know?) that that's what people want. It's boring though--like the most boring and obvious "Look at me--I am, like, sooooo outrageous" behavior. Bleh.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The problem is NO ONE on this show is likable or relatable… not one person .. you need someone ANYONE to root for and in the group of women they all are kinda horrible 

Two hundred percent. No one is remotely relatable or someone I would be friends with. Actually, you couldn’t pay me. I think they went straight to the gutters of Salt Lake City to find these utter trash women. 

And Jen Shah was terrifying running around with her boobs out. Ack. That crazy face, and then a prison sentence looming but her running around acting all wild and carefree…it was so gross. Bravo has sunk to the depths and that is really saying something. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

So Jen was so upset about the finsta account and tried to commit suicide? Pleez! It was because of her federal indictment and going to jail. 
I will never understand why Heather, Lisa and Angie K. fight and fight to stay ride or die good friends with such a horrible human being. Wonder if they will visit Jen in the penitentiary? 
I don’t know why these ho’s ever go out to lunch or dinner, all they do is fight and scream at each other. 
Heather’s drunken ass probably fell, bruised up her eye and upper arm. Who cares. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So Jen was so upset about the finsta account and tried to commit suicide? Pleez! It was because of her federal indictment and going to jail. 
I will never understand why Heather, Lisa and Angie K. fight and fight to stay ride or die good friends with such a horrible human being. Wonder if they will visit Jen in the penitentiary? 
I don’t know why these ho’s ever go out to lunch or dinner, all they do is fight and scream at each other. 
Heather’s drunken ass probably fell, bruised up her eye and upper arm. Who cares. 

I swear Heather made a joke about visiting Jen in prison once and that it wouldn’t be too bad, there could be cute guys. Something like that. The more I watch, the more I see how disturbed Heather is. Actually, all of them. I can’t watch this show this season, they are all too nasty. 

Coach Shah acts like a little sweetie, always smiling away. Meanwhile the elephant in the room is that his wife is a sociopathic crazy lady. 

Justin too, smiles his cutie smile with dimples. But at night he’s staring at the ceiling wishing he wasn’t unemployed due to his tramp wife’s brilliant decision to do sex art on TV. 

Lisa Barlow and Meredith are cold as ice. 

Creepy TV viewing. I try to steer clear of this one. 

Julie Chrisley isn’t running around with her boobs out before her prison sentence. Why is Shahtastic Jen?? Ew. 

• Applause 5
51 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

He’s the one who had the job to lose; maybe he shouldn’t have participated in the stupid sex paint mess. 

She’s a tramp for doing a sex thing with her husband?

Uh, nope. 
For suggesting they broadcast it. They’re both dumbasses. They have young kids. AND yes, he had a job to protect. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

He’s not a grown man who could have said no to a suggestion? I’m really not following what it is that you’re “uh nope”ing. But yeah, both dopes.

K. 👍🏼

Edited by Sage47
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Jen is a liar.  I don’t believe her suicide story.  She needed a way out of the conversation, she needed to be the victim.

Heather is too stupid to see it and she’s once again kissing her ass.

I feel like it's a 21st century thing to threaten suicide to get your way.  And if you do it on a show like this everyone will shut up and back off just in case . . . even if they are very sure you're full of shit.

9 hours ago, pvandal said:

Does Heather know any other expression? If I hear her say those words again, my head just might explode.

It's one thing when she says it like "Jen expects that" but when she says, "I'm ride or die for Jen" it sounds so queer and immature

5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ageism is not really classy either, though, and neither is the whole notion of "slut" (especially the sexism/misogyny of basing that notion on clothes). Especially considering how much other stuff there is to mock here, not the least of which is their use of buzzwords/phrases like "ride or die" and "showed up for you" and "grace." And, oh my goodness, the transactional way they view these friendships; it's like they're all tallying up each nice thing they've ever done for each other so they can cash them in later to be an asshole. 

I guess it depends on what you mean by "ageism" - I don't agree that the women are too old to do things like wear bikinis if they look good, but at some point I think you should just be "old enough to know better".  I can remember friends running around drunkenly with their boobs out back in the day, but now we just don't do things like that anymore.  I am 55, and I admit that if someone drunkenly pressed her boobs against a window where I was sitting inside I'd laugh - the first time.  If they kept on doing it, while screaming "Show your tits!" over and over, I'd be thinking "Grow up, weirdo."  As for the slut thing - to me it's more that they just look stupid, whether in lingerie or dressing like "Marilyn Monroe" - in quotes because none of them look like her, but they all look ridiculously stupid.  At least in the lingerie they stayed in their house - I was just dying wondering who got them to dress up like that and send them out in public 🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
49 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

K. 👍🏼

I never know how to take the "thumbs up" emoji after the SLC Housewives discussed an additional meaning to it.  😉

10 minutes ago, princelina said:

It's one thing when she says it like "Jen expects that" but when she says, "I'm ride or die for Jen" it sounds so queer and immature

And, Heather doesn't seem to know the meaning of the phrase "ride or die" because she was using it in regards to Whitney, as well, and then followed it with, once someone is disloyal they are completely cut off, or something along those lines... which is not at all "ride or die."

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I never know how to take the "thumbs up" emoji after the SLC Housewives discussed an additional meaning to it.  😉

And, Heather doesn't seem to know the meaning of the phrase "ride or die" because she was using it in regards to Whitney, as well, and then followed it with, once someone is disloyal they are completely cut off, or something along those lines... which is not at all "ride or die."

I don’t know the SLC wives’ meaning. I only tune in once in awhile for ten minutes. This show is almost unwatchable to me. 
I just meant “got it”. 😜

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I don’t know the SLC wives’ meaning. I only tune in once in awhile for ten minutes. This show is almost unwatchable to me. 
I just meant “got it”. 😜

There was a large discussion on one of their first episodes when Lisa Barlow was offended that Heather responded to her text with a 👍🏼.  Lisa was saying that it was similar to saying "f... you."  When Heather defended herself, saying she meant it as "ok", Lisa responded with her famous quote: "Don't diminish the thumbs up emoji!"  It was all pretty silly, but now I worry every time I use it, which is quite often.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Lisa won the episode. I don't even like her, at all, but the line about Bob the builder was so funny, and I love it how she saw what Heather was doing to Whitney. 

I also think she has a great body and I like her style the best. She must have amazing genes because her diet is awful and I don't think she works out. I'm so jealous! (Yes, I'm also aware that she would have the money if she needed  a liposuction or whatever, but I think she just won in the gene lottery.)

Heather is despicable.

I strongly dislike Whitney, but I totally get why she's upset with Heather. And I would also probably lose my cool and start screaming at Heather and raising my voice, because I can see how it's impossible for Whitney to get Heather to listen to her. Heather cut her off all the time and was demeaning and passive aggressive, just like Whitney and Danna said. So frustrating! I felt really bad for Whitney, even though I can't stand her.

Edited by Glama
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Of course, we don’t know the circumstances behind the black eye and scratches Heather displayed.  But, if it comes down to those were inflicted in a physical scuffle (which will also be caught on that security camera in the room), then that aggression should be rewarded with dismissal from the show.  

Of course, that will never happen with Andy at the helm.  Had there been anything to this story, it would’ve leaked months ago, so I don’t believe any of it.

I sincerely see no redeeming qualities in any of these women and they achieve new lows every week.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, princelina said:

I feel like it's a 21st century thing to threaten suicide to get your way.  And if you do it on a show like this everyone will shut up and back off just in case . . . even if they are very sure you're full of shit.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "ageism" - I don't agree that the women are too old to do things like wear bikinis if they look good, but at some point I think you should just be "old enough to know better".  I can remember friends running around drunkenly with their boobs out back in the day, but now we just don't do things like that anymore.  I am 55, and I admit that if someone drunkenly pressed her boobs against a window where I was sitting inside I'd laugh - the first time.  If they kept on doing it, while screaming "Show your tits!" over and over, I'd be thinking "Grow up, weirdo."  As for the slut thing - to me it's more that they just look stupid, whether in lingerie or dressing like "Marilyn Monroe" - in quotes because none of them look like her, but they all look ridiculously stupid.  At least in the lingerie they stayed in their house - I was just dying wondering who got them to dress up like that and send them out in public 🤣

I almost forgot about them dressed up in the ugly blond wigs. Whitney probably thinks she’s like Marilyn cause of her stupid baby voice but I doubt Marilyn had those giant ugly tattoos.

I agree, not sluts just a bunch of thirsty idiots.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

She probably fell down those stairs drunk .. I hate how Bravo try’s to edit this stuff for maxim damage.. No way someone attacked her to that degree without her going to the police and that would have been everywhere 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Another episode and another night of me pouring myself a tall glass of NOPE.  

Is it still Ramadan?  I'm wondering what sect of Islam Jen practices so I copied the Wikipedia definition of Ramadan below:

Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, self-improvement, and heightened devotion and worship. Muslims are expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam. The fast (sawm) begins at dawn and ends at sunset. In addition to abstaining from eating and drinking during this time, Muslims abstain from sexual relations[3] and sinful speech and behaviour during Ramadan fasting or month. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the soul by freeing it from harmful impurities. Muslims believe that Ramadan teaches them to practice self-discipline, self-control,[65] sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate, thus encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity (zakat).[66] 

Does this sound like Jen in San Diego?  The take home message is anti-depressants and alcohol don't mix.  Bravo should probably have this PSA at the end of the show either before or after the suicide PSA.  

I'm so bored with the Whitney/Heather conflict I can't even remember why Whitney is so angry.  I probably wouldn't listen to her either to be honest.

I also agree the black eye is most likely a result of a drunken tumble and as a poster noted above, Heather's eye looked wonky in earlier scenes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Okay, first off, what kind of Glam Squad sorcery does Lisa have that she’s wrinkled with gray hair in this morning shot with Heather—but she’s silky smooth and brunette every other time we’ve ever seen her? Truly, as a 48-year-old who looks exactly the same whether I put on makeup or not, I need to know the secret of how one manifests from an old hag to a dewy ingenue like you’re a witch in a Disney movie. Apparently my go-to of a tinted moisturizer and neutral eyeshadow is not the answer. Please DM me with tips! But if the solution makes you think you’d like to vacation and Turks and Quesos instead of Turks and Caicos, nevermind.

What is happening in Meredith’s talking head with the orange pleather dress that has her nipples on display and one is a good 4 inches higher than the other?!

“I can’t win [a sandcastle-building contest] without lipstick on.” I can’t believe the audacity of Whitney smashing the other team’s castle! All of the histrionics and fighting of the last episode—shoes and veggie platters overboard, champagne poured on the head—and this is where I draw the line. 

Okay, I don’t want to belittle Jen’s suicidal feelings. Yet, facing 20-ish years in prison was surmountable but a mean Instagram post was her rock bottom? 

I like Lisa’s hot take on this Whitney vs Heather argument: We’re all horrible people.

This dramatic minute-by-minute breakdown of the drunken antics turned tragedy. I was fully prepared for the explanation that drunken Heather fell and hit her eye…until she showed the scratches, too.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, princelina said:

By ageism, I mean just the basic definition of ageism. I'm not about to say that a woman shouldn't wear certain things based on the fact that she's past some arbitrary birthday, that's all. I'm a woman and wouldn't like that done to me. I haven't really commented on the antics and behavior, other than to say they're boring and that Bravo probably assumes that's what people watch these shows for. As for "slut," I just don't know why someone, usually a woman, is judged for sexual behavior that is her own business.

On a lighter note, oof, I have never understood the "sexy" painting -- mainly because the mess of it all stresses me right out! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

By ageism, I mean just the basic definition of ageism. I'm not about to say that a woman shouldn't wear certain things based on the fact that she's past some arbitrary birthday, that's all. I'm a woman and wouldn't like that done to me. I haven't really commented on the antics and behavior, other than to say they're boring and that Bravo probably assumes that's what people watch these shows for. As for "slut," I just don't know why someone, usually a woman, is judged for sexual behavior that is her own business.

On a lighter note, oof, I have never understood the "sexy" painting -- mainly because the mess of it all stresses me right out! 

They are boring and stupid - from the constant twerking and pouring booze over one another to the ridiculous fights - I don't watch all the franchises but of the ones I watch these women are the worst for that crap and they really don't even seem like they're having fun (like on that trolley car where they poured booze all over each other and Whitney hung upside down - NO ONE looked like they are having fun!). It's like they just think it's cool and want us to see them all as these hyper-sexualized party girls!  I can't even call them "slutty" because that implies they are doing it for male attention and I don't see that at all either 😄. With this group maybe it's the Mormon upbringing that makes them all so immature and thinking sexy booze antics make them cool.  I don't know what they are like in real life - but then you have someone like Lisa Rinna dancing naked on instagram which is not part of her Bravo show - she just does it for fun!  If it were one of her daughters I'd say, "Stupid 20 year old - she'll regret that later" but with Rinna I just wonder that she doesn't, at her age, realize how stupid she is 😃. And yes - the naked painting causes shudders for the mess alone, but I also think Whitney and Justin are old enough to realize they shouldn't be doing that on camera, especially if he has a non-Bravo job - but apparently they aren't, and are now learning the hard way!

• Like 3
  • Applause 7