Type keyword(s) to search

Manzo'd With Children - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ah yes, the show was filming. Time for Albie to call up Brittany!

I fell asleep last night with Bravo on and multiple times during the night I woke up to Caroline screaming I AM TRYING TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE CHANGES THAT ARE GOING TO HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE.  

Caroline makes these comments about her kids not cleaning up or Lauren using her dad's American Express. It's like the elephant in the room. They're like this because she raised them like this. 

• Love 7

Listening to Albie and Brittney talking about whether they should give their relationship another try transported me back to 2nd grade. Do either of these two have a brain in their heads?  I guess Albie's role this year is the happy go lucky guy who makes his own decisions instead of being tied to mommy's apron strings. Not working for me. 

Did I hear Caroline at Cafface saying she still paid all the bills there?  WTH? 

• Love 4

What weird unfinished space was Albie sleeping in?  His bed was at the top of a flight of stairs and the light switch plate was missing.  Is Albie no longer allowed in normal rooms?

• Love 8

What weird unfinished space was Albie sleeping in?  His bed was at the top of a flight of stairs and the light switch plate was missing.  Is Albie no longer allowed in normal rooms?

I know, right?? That was so weird. Even Laurens room looks like yuk.  Mama Manzo needs to hire an interior decorator because that entire manse is looking very dated! If your're going to live in a multi million dollar home, you have to keep up with it! 

• Love 4

It's kind of like Victoria Gotti's house. Looks okay from outside, but then you go inside and see that they live like pigs. You know, there are East Coast Italian Americans who live in nice clean houses that they can afford. Why aren't we ever on the TV?

• Love 7

I am at a loss why the two restaurants in Hoboken they opened in spring of 2015 weren't featured.  There is nothing remotely believable about this show.  I feel for the adult kids if Caroline is still letting Chris borrow a car.  What happened to the restaurant and BLK business?  Quite honestly Caroline screeching about changes in Lauren's life was unnecessary.  If she needs to control everything from the credit card Lauren uses for gas to where  Lauren and Vito SHALL live there is no hope for any of these people.  Caroline is incredibly cavalier expecting this turd of a show to succeed.  Don't Be Tardy, it lead in had a 30% larger audience.  What do you suppose 30% of the viewers change the channel on the half hour?  Again her children are much better in smaller snippets on RHNJ.  Are we to assume the children are no longer receiving a salary for doing this show-because they received one for RHONJ?  I would think the salary would more than cover a down payment or an apartment for Albie.

• Love 3

I have a feeling this show is really still around only because RHoNJ is up in the air.  I think that this is Bravo's attempt to tide over some RHoNJ's fans until they figure out when they can bring it back.  This is probably why we get some "guest appearances" from people like Jacqueline, Kathy, and Rosie.  We'll probably see Melissa and Joe on camera at the wedding since I know they went.  I think once RHoNJ is back, this show won't be around much longer, if at all.

• Love 4

I have a feeling this show is really still around only because RHoNJ is up in the air.  I think that this is Bravo's attempt to tide over some RHoNJ's fans until they figure out when they can bring it back.  This is probably why we get some "guest appearances" from people like Jacqueline, Kathy, and Rosie.  We'll probably see Melissa and Joe on camera at the wedding since I know they went.  I think once RHoNJ is back, this show won't be around much longer, if at all.

I think the show will be lucky to make it to the wedding.  If I were Frances Berwick I would yank the show and repackage Lauren's wedding into a one hour special.

• Love 2

I forgot to comment on the exciting scene of Lauren discussing her constipation with Caroline.  Now that's riveting TV.  Why does this show exist?

I cannot help but think that Cohen is trying to get a Bravo version if the K's to happen.
  • Love 1

Bored half to death?

Compelled to compulsively wipe kitchen counters?

Compelled to sit on kitchen counters?

A strange combination of annoying and dull?

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 7

Why aren't any of these 3 adult "kids" involved in the Brownstone business as a serious career?

Ok, I know Chris worked there for a time. I don't recall, Albie or Lauren having tried it, but I will cut them some slack and imagine that along the way growing up that they may have worked there for dad in some capacity, summers, part time, etc.

But it really says something that now all 3 kids, well into their 20's, and none of them have a toehold in a multi million dollar business at their fingertips. It shows how they have taken it and the beneficial revenue stream it so easily provides, ....for granted. It also shows how mama and daddy have coddled them financially. Its not like all three have them have gone on to other serious, gainfully employed careers due to other real and genuine interests or talents. They are just playing at other endeavors. Dawdling. Drifitng. Treading water. Okay, Lauren got married and Albie went to college and Chris got an apartment. Eyeroll.  

I think the 3 of them are somewhat of an embarrassment, Caroline. Stop puffing your chest out and lecturing the audience and pontificating at what a good job you have done parenting and welling up with teary eyes at the thought of your amazing projeny taking the world by storm. Eyeroll.

Not much better than Tamra of OC's loser son, Ryan. Other then the fact that he got in some legal trouble, has 17 tattoos, had a kid with a woman he met on Instagram and inherited a family to feed, and the Manzo kids have not.  

Well....maybe those 3 Manzo kids are a great success!

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

I had to stop watching when Lauren was trying to convince Vito to move in. She thinks a few months saving will allow them to afford to move into a $700,000. dollar house? She still will have to furnish the house, pay taxes on the house, pay bills, and maintain the house. What does Vito do? I think Lauren will live paycheck to paycheck no matter how much she makes. Lauren, if you earn $100,000. a year you cannot spend that much sweetie, you have to pay things like income taxes and property taxes.

• Love 1

Vito works in his parents' deli. I can't imagine he makes much money. Unless Caroline and her husband fork over a ton of money for a huge down payment, I don't know how any of them think Lauren and Vito can swing a $700k house. Who in their right mind needs a $700k "first house"?? Maybe they think they will become even bigger Bravo stars and Bravo $$$ will take care of the house. Delusional.

• Love 3
I think the 3 of them are somewhat of an embarrassment, Caroline. Stop puffing your chest out and lecturing the audience and pontificating at what a good job you have done parenting and welling up with teary eyes at the thought of your amazing projeny taking the world by storm. Eyeroll.

LOL, thank you!  What a bunch of losers.  I don't know who is worse - Caroline or Lauren.  What a miserable shrew and she's what, 25 years old?  I guess she imitates Caroline.  Imagine her in another 30 years? Run, Vito, run! 

In all sincerity - he works in his father's deli in Monroe, NY and stays with the Manzo's in Franklin Lakes.  How much could he be saving after he spends all that money on gas?  It's pretty clear that the Manzo's are still floating their kids. Albie looks like he's going to kill himself, and I mean that seriously.  I think he has a lot of repressed issues that his loudmouth mother and defeated father have never been open to speaking about. 

• Love 5

Vito doesn't just work at his father's deli; he also runs and is one of the owners of a restaurant:  Scalia & Co. Craft Kitchen and Bar

Not that I'm saying that makes him a ton of money, either, but it is another source of income.

I just saw on Caroline's instagram that Lauren's salon is opening up a second location.  Hm, guess it's doing better than some people thought.  Interesting.

Edited to add:  I didn't realize that Monroe, NY was so close to Franklin Lakes, NJ.  It's only a half hour away from one another.  I totally thought it was a couple hours apart.  So, the gas/commute isn't that bad.  (As someone who lives on LI, a half hour commute is pretty damn good, so I might have a slightly different perspective on that than others not in the tri-state or NYC/LI area.)

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 6

I wish I still lived in Hoboken just so I could check out the restaurants or find out what's going on there.  I lived in Hoboken for 5 years and restaurants and bars come and go very quickly. There's only a handful of places that are established and probably not going anywhere for a while. I'd be surprised if the Manzo establishments are still up and running and bringing in money.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 1

I see absolutely ZERO chemistry between Vito and Lauren. None.

If I recall, Vito was a friend of the boys - right? So, I guess Lauren ended up with him by default - he was around, so what the hell...

Lauren has more sexual chemistry with Greg.

• Love 3

Took this off the DVR as I realized that I was dreading watching it. That's not a good thing. LOL. 

Not sure what's interesting about this family besides they're all media whores. And that's not interesting. Her sons look like losers. They should move on and try to get real lives as their "real" lives make them look pathetic. The girlfriend was a fake and I'm thinking the other son may be gay as he's never even interested in women. I think that would make him more interesting but I guess they don't. 

Lauren is a brat and I don't care how much weight she loses, she's still insecure and not likable. 

Put a fork in all my Jersey watching. It's done. 

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 1

I can't believe I even care enough to ask, but why was Lauren dressed that way for her shower if it was a surprise?  

I actually have spent time with the Manzos, and Lauren is really snippy, a toned-down version of what we see on this show.  Not quite as loud/obnoxious, but she definitely has a nose-in-the-air edge to her and pretty crappy social skills.   Albie is much more together than he seems on TV, and very very nice.  

• Love 2

I can't believe I even care enough to ask, but why was Lauren dressed that way for her shower if it was a surprise?

It wasn't a surprise.  Caroline mentioned that she thought it'd be nicer to tell Lauren the date of the shower so that she could dress up if she wanted to.  I don't think Caroline told her any details, though.

• Love 1

It wasn't a surprise.  Caroline mentioned that she thought it'd be nicer to tell Lauren the date of the shower so that she could dress up if she wanted to.  I don't think Caroline told her any details, though.

Thank you!  That's what I thought, but it sounded to me as though they all yelled "Surprise!" when she walked in, and she seemed to be attempting to look surprised.  So I thought she probably had known ahead of time, and was going along with the surprise aspect for the sake of the guests.  That's why it made no sense to me that she would act as though it was a surprise and yet walk in wearing something that was so obviously dressy and bridal-looking.   Were the guests supposed to believe that she was truly surprised?  I've seen bridal gowns far less fussy than what she was wearing, and who wears something like that to walk into their own house on a random day?  It was pretty clear that she had gone shopping for a dress specifically for her shower, so the surprise aspect was ridiculous.  I think there's a big difference between dressing up/wanting to look nice and swooping in wearing a princess dress that seemed as though there was a matching tiara that she had inadvertently left in the car.   

I have no idea why I'm looking for logic!   Thanks for your reply!  

• Love 3

So they all like Brittney now? Why, because she in now covering up her tits when she is around the family? Jacqueline talking to Albie and Brit about ring sizes and getting married...how uncomfortable. Who does that? Jac looked like she could really give two shits.

The food at the shower looked really good. I guess the Brownstone catered? 

• Love 2

Took this off the DVR as I realized that I was dreading watching it. That's not a good thing. LOL. 

Not sure what's interesting about this family besides they're all media whores. And that's not interesting. Her sons look like losers. They should move on and try to get real lives as their "real" lives make them look pathetic. The girlfriend was a fake and I'm thinking the other son may be gay as he's never even interested in women. I think that would make him more interesting but I guess they don't. 

Lauren is a brat and I don't care how much weight she loses, she's still insecure and not likable. 

Put a fork in all my Jersey watching. It's done. 

Her name is Brittany Parks and she looks to be a swimsuit model if you Google her.  She also has a boyfriend not named Albie.

https://instagram.com/brittyparks/

I think they hired her to boost ratings via eye candy.

• Love 2

I thought Lauren's dress was over the top for a bridal shower. It's one thing to want to look nice, but to actually wear a wedding gown is too much esp a princess fru fru type one. (I thought she told someone it was an actual wedding gown.) Or maybe it would have been better if it was a blush or pink color.

Someone up thread wrote about why aren't any of the kids involved with the Brownstone. Very good point & it's funny how they never mention it. If I would have had that opportunity growing up, I would have jumped on board by doing event planning, learning the catering business, etc. Maybe Vito will show interest & take it over when the time comes. (but then he'll have to support Albie & Chris along the way.)

I wish they would have shown more of Lexi than Brittany. I thought maybe the rest of the RHONJ gang would be shown more but they were mostly shown when they did a sweep shot of the party.

• Love 1

It was driving me nuts how Lauren and Vito kept saying "live home", as in "We should live home to save money". Shouldn't it be "at home"? It sounded so odd.

I find them all so unappealing. Those boys are so unattractive. Christopher is too goofy. Albie is just a dud. What will they ever end up doing to make a living?

Pickles, I giggled so hard at this!  I didn't even register it until you typed it.   It's very very Jersey-talian.  Like "I know him my whole life"  and "we're down the shore" - you have to make an agreement with your mind to fill in the gaps later.  Lol!

Reminded me of the other thing Caroline said that annoyed me - when Albie was saying how Lauren and Vito would have to do 2 Mother's Day, 2 Christmases, 2 Christmas Eves, and Caroline jumped in and said that no, they would do Christmas Eve with the Manzo's and Christmas Day with the Vito family. 

True, it's what lots of families do, but her delivery is what annoys me - it like she makes the decision, and that's the end of it. 

Oh Vito, you should have run when you had the chance.  Lauren's no prize and Mommy comes with her.

I think she thinks she's being magnanimous with this.  Christmas Eve isn't really a holiday so I think she believes she's being gracious by *not even allowing them* to argue about it and conceding Christmas Day to the Scalias.  I'm with you though, the proclomations (about decisions that don't even belong to you?)  whoa.

Listening to Albie and Brittney talking about whether they should give their relationship another try transported me back to 2nd grade. Do either of these two have a brain in their heads?  I guess Albie's role this year is the happy go lucky guy who makes his own decisions instead of being tied to mommy's apron strings. Not working for me. 

Did I hear Caroline at Cafface saying she still paid all the bills there?  WTH? 

This is why I'm puzzled by ya'll saying they should've saved up money before now.  He works for a family business, she works at a little shop funded by her parents.  I was thinking what money?  Even though those two going to look at houses that start at $700K is a crock of mess, I got the point (that I think was) being made - if they're going to live in Bergen County, but certainly if they're going to live within a 10 mile radius of Franklin Lakes, yeah a starter house (that needs to be fully reno'd) is going to cost em $500K.  Still, I'm not a fan of that Property Brothers show you a house outside your range method, that's just dumb.

Why aren't any of these 3 adult "kids" involved in the Brownstone business as a serious career?

Ok, I know Chris worked there for a time. I don't recall, Albie or Lauren having tried it, but I will cut them some slack and imagine that along the way growing up that they may have worked there for dad in some capacity, summers, part time, etc.

But it really says something that now all 3 kids, well into their 20's, and none of them have a toehold in a multi million dollar business at their fingertips. It shows how they have taken it and the beneficial revenue stream it so easily provides, ....for granted. It also shows how mama and daddy have coddled them financially. Its not like all three have them have gone on to other serious, gainfully employed careers due to other real and genuine interests or talents. They are just playing at other endeavors. Dawdling. Drifitng. Treading water. Okay, Lauren got married and Albie went to college and Chris got an apartment. Eyeroll.  

Not much better than Tamra of OC's loser son, Ryan. Other then the fact that he got in some legal trouble, has 17 tattoos, had a kid with a woman he met on Instagram and inherited a family to feed, and the Manzo kids have not.  

Well....maybe those 3 Manzo kids are a great success!

Doesn't Al own the business 50/50 with his brother?   Meh.  These are some of the most shiftless people I've ever seen, but their parents think it's cute so I can't get but so irritated.  

I was surpised by all of Caroline's teariness at and approaching the shower.  Honestly I didn't think she really dug Lauren like that lol.

Doesn't Al own the business 50/50 with his brother?   Meh.  These are some of the most shiftless people I've ever seen, but their parents think it's cute so I can't get but so irritated.

Yes, I think you are correct, that Al Sr. co -owns the Brownstone with his brother, Tommy, the alleged waitress-banging philanderer, who is also the ex 2nd husband Of Caroline's sister Dina. Funny typing all that - the family is like a weird Venn diagram.

Yet, I still don't understand why one of the "gifted" Manzo projeny aren't involved or being groomed to take over the catering Dynasty someday. 

• Love 1

Dear Caroline, 

You look a mess this season. You have hair like mine. As in thin and fine. Once it's past your shoulders it becomes a stringy mess. Please get a cute haircut or have stylists come to your house everyday like other rich people  do to fix you up just like Caitlin Jenner does.

And just because you brag about being in your 50's and not having any wrinkles because you shave your face, your face is still sagging. You have jowels, honey, a double chin and your eyebrows are resting on your eyelids. Another thing I know about. So instead of spending mega dollars on lapband surgeries that didn't work, why don't you get yourself a little lift instead.  

I normally don't delve into peoples looks but this whole damned family is so smug and full of themselves I just can't help it. Even Daddy Al who hardly says two words is working my nerves. 

• Love 6
Pickles, I giggled so hard at this! I didn't even register it until you typed it. It's very very Jersey-talian. Like "I know him my whole life" and "we're down the shore" - you have to make an agreement with your mind to fill in the gaps later. Lol!

I think she thinks she's being magnanimous with this. Christmas Eve isn't really a holiday so I think she believes she's being gracious by *not even allowing them* to argue about it and conceding Christmas Day to the Scalias. I'm with you though, the proclomations (about decisions that don't even belong to you?) whoa.

his is why I'm puzzled by ya'll saying they should've saved up money before now. He works for a family business, she works at a little shop funded by her parents. I was thinking what money? Even though those two going to look at houses that start at $700K is a crock of mess, I got the point (that I think was) being made - if they're going to live in Bergen County, but certainly if they're going to live within a 10 mile radius of Franklin Lakes, yeah a starter house (that needs to be fully reno'd) is going to cost em $500K. Still, I'm not a fan of that Property Brothers show you a house outside your range method, that's just dumb.

Doesn't Al own the business 50/50 with his brother? Meh. These are some of the most shiftless people I've ever seen, but their parents think it's cute so I can't get but so irritated. /endquote

In Italian households, Christmas Eve is just as big as Christmas Day, so Caroline was laying down the law.

Edited by featherhead
  • Love 4

Yeah Christmas Eve is a bigger deal than Christmas Day, with the dance of the seven fishes.

I hate myself for this but I want to watch Lauren's shower. I'll have to fast forward the terrible Brittany parts though. The storylines on this show make MDLLA look organic and authentic.

Also Lauren mentioning how many girls would want a cupful of Albies boobs made me gag. First of all, Albie is not that cute. How low are their standards? Second, shut up Lauren you're so gross! Still want to see her dress and the decorations and food though.

• Love 1

I didn't think Lauren's dress was too terrible of a choice.  Was it a bit unusual that it was an actual wedding dress?  Sure.  But then again, not all women wear big poofy white dresses for their wedding.  Some choose really simple, knee-length dresses.  So, if Lauren wore something like that, some people may have liked that as a wedding dress, too.  I think she looked nice for her shower.  Her shower was a big deal (I thought Caroline did a pretty nice job on it), so I don't blame Lauren for wanting to look extra pretty.  (As for the people yelling "Surprise!" when it wasn't actually a surprise, I just chalked that up to the fact that the details were unknown to Lauren, so it was, on some level, a bit of a surprise factor for her.  And perhaps they didn't know what else to say to her when she walked in, ha.)

My grandmother is a 100% Italian and we're all Catholic, so we do the Christmas Eve thing.  Although, we've never made it as big of a deal as Caroline and her family, but that's okay.  If I married into an Italian Catholic family that wanted to spend Christmas Eve together rather than Christmas, I'll take it; I'd rather spend Christmas day with my actual blood-related family anyway.

Because I follow Caroline, Lauren, Albie, and Chris on Instagram (I know, I know, I know!), I already knew things didn't work out with Brittney.  She was no where to be found at Lauren's wedding, so I figured that was a glaring clue right there.  In fact, I searched for Brittney's Instagram that day to check, and she "just so happened" to post a picture of herself with some friends giving the middle finger.  Coincidence?  Ha, I think not!  Bitter, party of 1 - thy name is Brittney.

Edited by LIGirl

I only watch this casually - while I'm doing other things. So I thought I got confused and was watching the actual wedding, not the bridal shower. I'll admit, I have not been to many weddings in my life, never been to a bridal shower. Is it typical for the bride to be dressed in what could almost pass for a wedding dress (especially if Scheana of VPR fame is the bride) and for THAT much work to be put into decorating, catering, etc? And the number of guests? I know when my sisters had their showers, it was just the bridal party mostly - maybe mothers, siblings, and other close friends. Not enough to fill a house for sure. I was just thinking, I'd be dead from exhaustion by the time the actual wedding came. To each their own, but it makes me so glad we went to the courthouse. 

• Love 3

Pickles, I giggled so hard at this! I didn't even register it until you typed it. It's very very Jersey-talian. Like "I know him my whole life" and "we're down the shore" - you have to make an agreement with your mind to fill in the gaps later. Lol!

I think she thinks she's being magnanimous with this. Christmas Eve isn't really a holiday so I think she believes she's being gracious by *not even allowing them* to argue about it and conceding Christmas Day to the Scalias. I'm with you though, the proclomations (about decisions that don't even belong to you?) whoa.

This is why I'm puzzled by ya'll saying they should've saved up money before now. He works for a family business, she works at a little shop funded by her parents. I was thinking what money? Even though those two going to look at houses that start at $700K is a crock of mess, I got the point (that I think was) being made - if they're going to live in Bergen County, but certainly if they're going to live within a 10 mile radius of Franklin Lakes, yeah a starter house (that needs to be fully reno'd) is going to cost em $500K. Still, I'm not a fan of that Property Brothers show you a house outside your range method, that's just dumb.

Doesn't Al own the business 50/50 with his brother? Meh. These are some of the most shiftless people I've ever seen, but their parents think it's cute so I can't get but so irritated.

I was surpised by all of Caroline's teariness at and approaching the shower. Honestly I didn't think she really dug Lauren like that lol.

Well, C's emphasis was on her never-to-be-matched mothering in planning and executing this "perfect" event. But 100 plus people? How many are attending the wedding?

Not to mention that C's constant song is that her daughter has to get used to a different lifestyle. How will this come about when she © is throwing elaborate parties and insisting that newlyweds remain in her home? So much disconnect.

Notice how the boys constantly describe their fabulous family as various kinds of dysfunctional.

In Italian households, Christmas Eve is just as big as Christmas Day, so Caroline was laying down the law.

They're Italian?  Lol, kidding.  Oh ok, I see.  Dammit, just when I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

Well, C's emphasis was on her never-to-be-matched mothering in planning and executing this "perfect" event. But 100 plus people? How many are attending the wedding?

Not to mention that C's constant song is that her daughter has to get used to a different lifestyle. How will this come about when she © is throwing elaborate parties and insisting that newlyweds remain in her home? So much disconnect.

Notice how the boys constantly describe their fabulous family as various kinds of dysfunctional.

Lol okay I didn't interpret all that weepiness to be about the event planning but she did go to a lot of trouble ;)  

I'll be right there watching the wedding special, but when you think about it, if your parents run a catering/banquet hall, there's probably no need to whittle.  Personally if my parents had it to throw at me I'd rather put it down on that mcmansion I/my mother love. 

• Love 2

Dear Caroline, 

You look a mess this season. You have hair like mine. As in thin and fine. Once it's past your shoulders it becomes a stringy mess. Please get a cute haircut or have stylists come to your house everyday like other rich people  do to fix you up just like Caitlin Jenner does.

And just because you brag about being in your 50's and not having any wrinkles because you shave your face, your face is still sagging. You have jowels, honey, a double chin and your eyebrows are resting on your eyelids. Another thing I know about. So instead of spending mega dollars on lapband surgeries that didn't work, why don't you get yourself a little lift instead.  

I normally don't delve into peoples looks but this whole damned family is so smug and full of themselves I just can't help it. Even Daddy Al who hardly says two words is working my nerves.

Plus, extra weight will plump out your face. Plump Face = Less Noticeable Wrinkles
  • Love 1

Yes, I think you are correct, that Al Sr. co -owns the Brownstone with his brother, Tommy, the alleged waitress-banging philanderer, who is also the ex 2nd husband Of Caroline's sister Dina. Funny typing all that - the family is like a weird Venn diagram.

Yet, I still don't understand why one of the "gifted" Manzo projeny aren't involved or being groomed to take over the catering Dynasty someday. 

Dina and Tommy's MTV wedding is what started this family believing that they were stars so many years ago. I'll never forget Tommy storming down the street ripping the limo driver for being late...I was scared and Dina was just like...Yeah, he's always like this.

This show however, no. Caroline is a shrew who is waaay overacting for the cameras, they all are.

Edited by citychic
  • Love 1