Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Deadliest Snatch

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Conflict ensues in the interior department between Alissa and Camille while a romance heats up between Camille and Ben; Rachel is forced to pivot when her dinner entrée turns up rotten; the guests have a night of debaucherous fun.

Airdate: 11.28.2022

Alyssa playing role of jgreen eyed monster. It's pretty rich to call someone a "dirty, disgusting, trash swampy bitch" when your flirting skills involve telling the guy you forgot your panties. 

No love for Camille but she just seemed to be living her life while Alyssa's busy scheming and throwing shade. Worry about yourself.

I wish the redhead would put her hair up. If it's a weave, does that mean it doesn't shed & get into the drinks/food? Rachel needs to show her how red should be worn. 

Was that whole scene staged to show off Captain Lee's new tattoo?

Edited by snarts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I noticed last week when the charter boarded that Capt. Lee called Fraser Mr. Olender.  He did it again tonight at some point.  Odd that I don’t recall him ever calling his female chief stews Ms. <whatever>.

This crew already has a high ick factor for me.

• Love 9

Not enjoying Camille & her twerking and her lousy work ethic. She figures if she just flirts & twerks she’s doing enough work.  Very hard seeing Captain Lee suffering the way he is. Rachel seems to have lost her shine.  Don’t care about anyone else on the crew.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

The redhead with the skanky hair boasting that she mastubates over her own naked photos has to be the nastiest thing that anyone has ever said on a BD franchise, and that's saying something.

There is not one member of this crew that is likeable. It really does feel like the franchise has run its course and its time to go, maybe except BDSY?

Rachael has definitely lost her shine, her food seems very mediocre this season, and she acting like she doesn't want to be there?

Can believe any of these crew actually want a career in yachting, because I certainly wouldn't hire anyone of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I cannot listen to Luis without him reminding me of the Spanish lion in Nick Park's Creature Comfort stop action film.

The big red head needs to tie her hair back, I remember Lee reprimanding a deck hand for her hair being loose, I can only guess her hair sheds everywhere.

Please make the twerking go away forever.  Maybe the network can blur it out like naughty bits, lol, seriously the twerking moment is so over.

Blondie with the bad work ethic can go.  She actually said she was not going to be like she is only here to serve the guests, unreal.

The bossun is adorable, he seems reasonable although I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with him and all the other deck hands, their facades will crack given enough time.

Capt. Lee just had to show off his huge new tattoo of his late son, it is a nice sentiment, it is huge.  Did he say he felt like a pork roast at a Jewish BBQ?  His folksy sayings are getting odder.

I have noticed that the charter guests are no longer asking to have their bags unpacked, every single item in their suitcase laundered or steamed, repacked for departure, no extreme dietary demands, this goes across the board for all the BD shows.  Are we going to get any C list celebrities this season? 

Fraser is not around the other stews enough to figure out how to manage them. If second stew is having issues with third stew he should know and any corrective actions should come from him, at least when he goes to Lee to have her dismissed he will know first hand how bad her work ethic is.

Rachel served that tiny bowl of mushroom/not mushroom something and it had no under plate, it needed an under plate.  Her off center sorbet looked like she needed something else on the plate, she could have served shrimp or a lobster tail with that steak for a surf and turf like dinner, not sure I have ever been served fish as part of a surf and turf menu. C'mon Rachel do better!

• Love 8

Did he say he felt like a pork roast at a Jewish BBQ?  His folksy sayings are getting odder.

Not to mention the mixed metaphors. "Like a pinball in a slot machine." Huh? Pretty sure slot machines don't have pinballs. Pinball machines do. 

I don't know where they find these crew members like Camille, or Ben from Down Under, but there's an obvious reason why they are cast. They openly admit they're just there to have fun and resent having to do any work or being told what to do. "What's the point of going to St Lucia if you're not going to have fun?" Um . . . it's called a job, you dumbass. These kids just have no idea what work is. Their sense of entitlement is off the charts, I don't know if it's a generational thing or what but Bravo just loves sticking them on these shows to cause trouble.

That said, there is an easy fix for this. Each stew should have a dedicated job. It seems like a "deck stew" should be mostly on the deck, and helping out to serve meals and also maybe helping Rachel in the kitchen during dinners. That's it. No running around on the whims of the 2nd stew doing whatever she says. Problem solved. 

Strangely, the promos for this episode showed the guests complaining it was taking forever for the crew to bring up their luggage, but we never saw it in the episode. And despite all the issues with service they got a really good tip.

The redhead with the skanky hair boasting that she masturbates over her own naked photos has to be the nastiest thing that anyone has ever said on a BD franchise, and that's saying something.

I actually thought it was kind of funny, if not a bit TMI. I mean - I assume she's either gay or bi, and if you were really hot you might wank off to your own reflection if that were the case. She seems like a good worker, out of all the stews.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah first it was Benny in BDDU, then one of the asshats on BDM and now this twerked from Mississippi who decides she needs time for herself to swim while on duty.

BD casts these entitled people and encourage them to act out.

Of course these reality star wannabes working was always a fiction.  They film montages of them wiping down the exterior or making up rooms but when the cameras aren't running, how hard are they working really?

Lee said it's like a wind tunnel between those two tall mountains.  Maybe more extreme wind conditions this season.  The mountains do look glorious in morning sunlight.

More and more, charter guests on BD shows want to be chummy with the crew and enable the crew to act the worst.  So much for 5-star service, familiarity breeds contempt.

How generous, a $25k tip.  They're not even pretending that bad performance is punished any more.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, snarts said:

Alyssa playing role of jgreen eyed monster. It's pretty rich to call someone a "dirty, disgusting, trash swampy bitch" when your flirting skills involve telling the guy you forgot your panties. 

No love for Camille but she just seemed to be living her life while Alyssa's busy scheming and throwing shade. Worry about yourself.

I wish the redhead would put her hair up. If it's a weave, does that mean it doesn't shed & get into the drinks/food? Rachel needs to show her how red should be worn. 

Was that whole scene staged to show off Captain Lee's new tattoo?

Last week I thought Alyssa was being too hard on Camille and finding fault with everything she does.  She's not good at training her, constantly criticizing everything.  But, this week, Camille is showing her true colors regarding her lack of work ethic.  I still believe Alyssa is being vindictive by trying to flirt with Ben, when Camille likes him.  Both of their flirting styles are rather aggressive, but Ben seems to like it- or at least the twerking lap dance Camille was giving him.  He needs to pursue that relationship quickly, because she may not be around for much longer, if her attitude continues to be the same.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Both of their flirting styles are rather aggressive, but Ben seems to like it- or at least the twerking lap dance Camille was giving him.  

TMI for me was the camera shot of Ben's crotch after the lap dance. Way to be classy, Bravo. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Way to be classy, Bravo.

"Class" and "Bravo" are mutually exclusive.

I wasn't having a nightmare, then, and that was indeed someone's erection they zoomed in on??? 

Well, I hope not, for Ben's sake. 😉

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rachel served that tiny bowl of mushroom/not mushroom something and it had no under plate, it needed an under plate.  Her off center sorbet looked like she needed something else on the plate, she could have served shrimp or a lobster tail with that steak for a surf and turf like dinner, not sure I have ever been served fish as part of a surf and turf menu. C'mon Rachel do better!

This! 

The mushrooms looked thoroughly unappealing and I thought  the sorbet pushed way over to the side of a big empty plate was vaguely ridiculous. It looked like it was trying to escape. Just put it in a tiny bowl so the scoop can be the star and not look like it’s trying to make a run for it.

With all of that, Rachel’s most egregious violation of all that is holy and decent was using  FROZEN FRENCH FRIES. 😳🤮 

Not only is that so lazy, it is so far below 5 star dining standards. With a simple meal of sautéed steaks and mushrooms, it would take Rachel no time at all to slice up a few potatoes and make fries out of them. 

Something is just not right with our girl. I really hope she gets her mojo back soon. Her food is the best thing about the show. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

People seemed to love those truffle fries though.

When I was a kid, I used to make fries myself, peel them and then used a thing where you put potatoes into a grid of blades and pushed down and you got fries shaped potatoes.  Don't know if it was a Ronco.

Then put it in the deep fryer.

Amazing that our parents let us operate a deep fryer.  Was maybe 10 or 11.

As adult, I've occasionally bought frozen fries or tater tots.  Don't have a deep fryer.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Like a crew gone wild, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

Tony’s weird workout/yoga grunting on the deck is a little creepy.  Is he going to be another “Benny” with his stories?

Camille:  “What’s the use in coming all the way down here and treating yourself like someone who’s just there to serve and do everything for everybody else?”  Um, because that’s what you’re hired for?

Camille again:  “Yachting is supposed to be fun.”  Yeah, but again, aren’t you there to do your job first?

Chavette Hayley – Did she just say what I think she said?  Seriously?   Lady, trust me, you’re not that impressive.  Your plastic surgeon should have paid more attention to the work on your face and less on other bits.  And then Hayley and Camille get into a discussion about blowjobs?  Did I somehow stumble into some sex network – I didn’t think my TV could do that.  Rather wish it didn’t.

Kudos to Rachel for holding it together, rotten fish notwithstanding.  She is definitely a more even personality than in previous seasons – though we still get glimpses (“ I want it harder, faster, deeper”) – the best of both worlds.  (:

Ross, I know you think you’re funny with your sex puns, but you come off a bit stiff (that’s what she said).

The dinner ashore was pretty boring, by BD standards – no one got completely drunk, no one threw anything at anyone, or yelled or cursed at them.  Surprising.  We did get more twerking, though.

What will happen next week?  Will Rachel still keep it together?  Will the guests start to kill each other?  Will Camille and Alissa kill each other?  Stay tuned…

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Tanukisan said:

Tony’s weird workout/yoga grunting on the deck is a little creepy.

I  forgot all about the awful grunting! I thought the guests might hear that. He worked out for like 2 hours and grunted the entire time!

I was in a yoga class with a woman that burped thru the whole class, like  forced burping, privately I asked the instructor about that since it was hella distracting and she told me it was that woman's yoga journey and then somehow I was the problem for asking about it, I did not ask what her journey was about I just asked if the burping was a yoga thing so maybe that grunting is part of his journey.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Wonder how many of Lee's quips or Rachel's cursing riffs or any extended sentences by any of the other cast members are recorded in one take.

I suspect they will do more than one take to get some of these lines in.

Or they will overdub in post production, especially when a person is not directly facing the camera.

Reality TV.🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, aghst said:

When I was a kid, I used to make fries myself, peel them and then used a thing where you put potatoes into a grid of blades and pushed down and you got fries shaped potatoes.  Don't know if it was a Ronco.

In the mid 1960's we got a Popeil Veg O Matic. Was that it? It was high tech cool for the time. I kept cutting my fingers washing the blades and my mother threw it away, LOL!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

In the mid 1960's we got a Popeil Veg O Matic. Was that it? It was high tech cool for the time. I kept cutting my fingers washing the blades and my mother threw it away, LOL!

Sounds like it though it would have been the early '70s I believe.

I haaate Camille. She complains whenever she's asked to do the least little thing. Then the work she does is half-assed; incomplete or wrong. I was done with her when she went for a refreshing swim while the beach picnic/sound bath was still being set up. The second stew has kind of a snotty tone of voice, but she's only asked her to do basic things.

Rachel has had some bad luck with the provisions, with proteins being frozen or spoiled. I kept wanting her to serve drunk people food: like burgers & fries; or sausage, egg & cheese mcmuffins with hashbrowns, & a detox green juice.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I  forgot all about the awful grunting! I thought the guests might hear that. He worked out for like 2 hours and grunted the entire time!

I was in a yoga class with a woman that burped thru the whole class, like  forced burping, privately I asked the instructor about that since it was hella distracting and she told me it was that woman's yoga journey and then somehow I was the problem for asking about it, I did not ask what her journey was about I just asked if the burping was a yoga thing so maybe that grunting is part of his journey.

My journey is telling people how rude and awful they are when they must burp in group settings.

Cheers, BB ;) 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, aghst said:

People seemed to love those truffle fries though.

Then put it in the deep fryer.

Amazing that our parents let us operate a deep fryer.  Was maybe 10 or 11.

As adult, I've occasionally bought frozen fries or tater tots.  Don't have a deep fryer.

Real fries are a pain in the ass to make but absolutely needed for a good chip butty.

As for the thing where you push the potato through, In n Out use a giant version of the same thing for their fries which a lot of people don't like as they're made from real potatoes, some peeps are just weird.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Real fries are a pain in the ass to make but absolutely needed for a good chip butty.

As for the thing where you push the potato through, In n Out use a giant version of the same thing for their fries which a lot of people don't like as they're made from real potatoes, some peeps are just weird.

So does Five Guys. 

• Love 1

Speaking of fries, I may get an air fryer.

Well to relate it to BD, have we seen any BD chef use air fryers?

I think one mentioned a dish that he or she cooked using sous vide and they have those hand held torches to brown the meat.

• Love 2

Ok Alissa I liked you from the start but the whole Camille is trash when you make a comment of you wondering if you don't know if you wore panties kinda negates the whole trash comment.  As for a 2nd, you seem to rightfully tell the lazy Camille what needs to be done and call her out for her being lazy.  Funny that the red head stew doesn't get the same but she seems to do her job.

I honestly think the producers put Camille on the show to do this crap aster this show.  Who goes swimming the second episode like that.  Her whole not listen, go swimming, act all lazy is so stupid.  You are there to work.  I find this really lazy on the producers to show this.  Really you have someone like this on the show so soon. 

Really Chief Stew you didn't see a stew with the damp hair on the beach?  Honestly he is useless from what I see. They thought he would be good as a chief stew?  Maybe later on but not from what I see. 

Captain Lee says he will get better.  He went from a cane to crutches.  How is that better and now it seems he is worse.  What will they do.  Send him to a hospital for a couple episodes and then return.  Or will he leave for the season?  He looks so frail.

Rachelle is not on her game at all this season. I honestly thing part of this is the way the galley is for her.  The other?  Who knows.  Her food is not the amazing way it was before.

The red head stew, eh.  Whatever.  Go jerk off on your photos and don't let the rest of us know.  Who cares.  You love you and good for you.  Other than that she isn't that bad except pull your hair back.

Don't care about anyone else.  They all seem useless and inter changeable too.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Speaking of fries, I may get an air fryer.

Well to relate it to BD, have we seen any BD chef use air fryers?

I think one mentioned a dish that he or she cooked using sous vide and they have those hand held torches to brown the meat.

Hated my airfryer so I sold it after using it like 4 times. The food is so dry and cardboard like (or, in the case of wings, rubber gelatinous like). Gross. And a big PITA to clean it.

As for the show...I could do without SOOOOO much Xrated garbage. Stop twerking, no need to see boners or hear about masterbating and blow jobs (with sound included). The lap dance boner scene was grossest. And the lazy girl talking about dating a big time pro ball player. Yeah right! Maybe one night stand hook up in bar bathroom. Also, is the red head trans? Kind of think maybe. Not that it matters. And, yes, as mentioned above...Frasier isnt all that at being chief stew. He is all talk and no action. He needs to bring down the hammer. Maybe he will. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Hated my airfryer so I sold it after using it like 4 times. The food is so dry and cardboard like (or, in the case of wings, rubber gelatinous like). Gross. And a big PITA to clean it.

Same here.

There are so many cooking gadgets to be had, the ships galley does not have room for a lot of extra stuff but I wonder if a chef does not have a sous chef and if they had the room would these BD chef's employ some of these gadgets to make life easier on them?

Rachel usually prides herself on her skills and really wants to churn out amazing plates but she seems a bit checked out, she served her steaks family style, when she realized her fish was bad (I still say fish as the surf in a surf and turf dinner?) she could have made some awesome garnish on individual plates, done an interesting salad, etc...maybe she just has to get her groove back? I hope.

• Love 4
On 11/29/2022 at 6:20 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot listen to Luis without him reminding me of the Spanish lion in Nick Park's Creature Comfort stop action film.

"It's gotta be hot.  Tell me where it's hot and I'll go there."

1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Also, is the red head trans? Kind of think maybe. Not that it matters.

Gosh, that may be the case and may account for the gross hair.  I think her complexion is kind of bad (foundation covering facial hair?), but she apparently loves everything about herself -- a lot -- so yay.

Edited by Oosala
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Like many of you mentioned, Haley, the red headed stew, should put her hair back.  Many captains have chastised men for not tying back their hair, which was far shorter and not as huge.  I found it interesting that when they were out to dinner, someone told Haley that she had something in her wig.  So, it's a wig; I'm terrible at identifying them.  I've noticed a few stews have worn wigs over the years and I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be, with the heat and all the physical activity one has to do.  I guess they want to look a certain way for tv.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The one nice thing I will take from this episode is when Captain Lee was talking to the chef.  She asked him how he was feeling and gave him a little hug around his back.  Rachel can be a complete profane mess but that little gesture showed how much she cares for Lee.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cheerwyn said:

Rachel can be a complete profane mess but that little gesture showed how much she cares for Lee.

One of the many things I like about Rachel, apart from her uncanny resemblance to the actress Missi Pyle (am I wrong?), is her candour.  She is the quintessential sailor in her language and practical approach to the job at hand.  Watching her over multiple seasons I can see a genuinely caring human being dedicated to her work and her crew, wrapped in the body of someone dealing with serious personal issues.  We've been lucky to see part of her journey through her difficulties -- and as far as I'm concerned, she's the star of this particular BD series.  (:

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

One of the many things I like about Rachel, apart from her uncanny resemblance to the actress Missi Pyle (am I wrong?), is her candour.  She is the quintessential sailor in her language and practical approach to the job at hand.  Watching her over multiple seasons I can see a genuinely caring human being dedicated to her work and her crew, wrapped in the body of someone dealing with serious personal issues.  We've been lucky to see part of her journey through her difficulties -- and as far as I'm concerned, she's the star of this particular BD series.  (:

Beautiful and thoughtful analysis of Chef Rachel. 

I agree. I think she is a complicated soul and mega talented food artist. 

Let us wish her well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 11/29/2022 at 9:20 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Did he say he felt like a pork roast at a Jewish BBQ?

Is Lee Jewish? Because I cannot fathom any other situation where comments like this are acceptable.

The redhead with the skanky hair boasting that she masturbates over her own naked photos has to be the nastiest thing that anyone has ever said on a BD franchise, and that's saying something.

How could she see anything through that atrocious tangle of hair?

Rachel reminds me of Beavis and Butthead with her "humor." Lee trots out the painful jokes, Rachel trots out non-stop profanity. Her profanity is forced and clumsy. Neither are funny.

maybe that grunting is part of his journey.

I think his journey includes stops at Attention Town..

And the lazy girl talking about dating a big time pro ball player.

She dated Ole Miss' football quarterback. In southern college and social circles, that is a big deal. She is correct that grown men lose their minds over teenage quarterbacks - they are god-like during their college football careers. (At one time Joe Namath's old dorm room was enshrined at BAMA long after he left.)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Is Lee Jewish? Because I cannot fathom any other situation where comments like this are acceptable.

I picture Lee sitting in front of the camera for a while throwing out different lines and Bravo keeps one they like...someone thought it was okay?  If I want to get picky it should have been, "feeling like a pork roast at a kosher bbq." 

Rachel is like that child that says a naughty word for attention, good or bad. Rarely do I think she is funny but she does have mad kitchen skills, I hope we get to see them this season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

She dated Ole Miss' football quarterback. In southern college and social circles, that is a big deal. She is correct that grown men lose their minds over teenage quarterbacks - they are god-like during their college football careers. (At one time Joe Namath's old dorm room was enshrined at BAMA long after he left.)

Aw I like Medicare Joe

• LOL 5

There are so many cooking gadgets to be had, the ships galley does not have room for a lot of extra stuff but I wonder if a chef does not have a sous chef and if they had the room would these BD chef's employ some of these gadgets to make life easier on them?

No below deck chef has ever had a sous chef, but since they have an extra person as a deck stew, it seems like that person should be assigned to assist Rachel in the kitchen during meals. That way she could do all the running back and forth between the galley and the pantry.

Like many of you mentioned, Haley, the red headed stew, should put her hair back.  Many captains have chastised men for not tying back their hair, which was far shorter and not as huge.

Hair in the face could be a hazard on deck. The stews on the other hand are supposed to be sort of "glamorous" for lack of a better word. Over on BD Adventure, one of the first things the chief stew told her girls was that they should be in full hair and makeup, always.

One of the many things I like about Rachel, apart from her uncanny resemblance to the actress Missi Pyle (am I wrong?)

Hadn't thought of it, but I see it now.

The erection.  WTF. 

Um, for Ben's sake, I hope that was just an adjustment issue, or at most a semi. Otherwise, Camille and Alissa are going to lose interest real fast. 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I picture Lee sitting in front of the camera for a while throwing out different lines and Bravo keeps one they like...someone thought it was okay?  If I want to get picky it should have been, "feeling like a pork roast at a kosher bbq." 

Rachel is like that child that says a naughty word for attention, good or bad. Rarely do I think she is funny but she does have mad kitchen skills, I hope we get to see them this season.

Yeah choices are being made in editing on what to keep in or out.

• Love 2

Late to the party.

*More Hayley, please, and less of the spoiled brat Camille. Whatever made her think it was okay to take a quick dip in the Carribbean while at WORK? Why not pull up a chair under the cabana and pour yourself a drink while you’re at it? I’m not much of a fan of Alissa (or anybody yet, really) but I totally get the fraying patience in dealing with Camille. The laundry fiasco tells me she just doesn’t care — losing Lee’s dress shirts and everyone in whites except for him when the guests left? Wow. The lap dance on Ben was beyond the pale. She’s clearly there to play. Prediction — she won’t last the season.

*Ross and his leching on Katie and gross double entendre about “sharing the load” — just stop. Tony is one hell of a good sport to put up with those guests. 

*For as big as that boat is, seeing the galley and other crew areas makes me claustrophobic. Who did Rachel piss off to have such poor luck with the food?

* Nice tip. I thought those chucklefucks would cheap out. Thanks, Tony.

• Love 1

I’ve been a fan of all BD franchises since Day 1.  I think I’ve outgrown it. Either that, or the people putting these shows together these days is a 13 year old over sexed boy. 

I’m out. I’m too old to be interested in these kids who supposedly work on the ships. The graphic sex and profanity is way beyond over the top now.  It’s just not the same show anymore. 😕

• Like 6
  • Applause 3